sailing metaphors and supreme court supermajority

how about this? fuck those pontificating bubblegum extremist shitbags (and their robes).

only in a dysfunctional society does shit like that have 'authority', I don't acknowledge it.

death to right-wing ideology.

20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

IMHO at least two Supremes should be impeached but it's not politically feasible with ~40% of the citizens eagerly waiting to see JFK Jr return and crown Trump Mega-Boss-Stable-Genius-For-Life

- DSK

As far as I'm concerned, Barret disqualified herself on day 1 of her confirmation hearings when she couldn't even name the 4 fundamental rights guaranteed by the 1st Ammendment. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Seriatim Tom said:

I think he means $peech, religion, assembly, and (sometimes) the pre$$.

Congress shall make no law respecting an (1)establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or (2)abridging the freedom of speech, or (3)of the press; or (4)the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and (5)to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

24 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an (1)establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or (2)abridging the freedom of speech, or (3)of the press; or (4)the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and (5)to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yeah, my guess is that number 5 wasn't considered "fundamental" but it's just a guess at his view.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

4)the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and (5)to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I would argue that these two subsume each other, but I get that there are five. 

Amy did not know that ?? That is unbelievable. 

I'll wager that the Notre Dame community did a giant simultaneous cringe at that. 

22 hours ago, 3to1 said:

how about this? fuck those pontificating bubblegum extremist shitbags (and their robes).

only in a dysfunctional society does shit like that have 'authority', I don't acknowledge it.

death to right-wing ideology.

But if the high court were in left wing pontificating bubblegum extremist hands (and their robes) - they would have all the "authority" in the world and you would most definitely acknowledge it.  Right?

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

IMHO at least two Supremes should be impeached but it's not politically feasible with ~40% of the citizens eagerly waiting to see JFK Jr return and crown Trump Mega-Boss-Stable-Genius-For-Life

- DSK

Two supremes impeached for what, precisely?  Because you don't like the cut of their jib?  (see, I'm sticking to the spirit of the thread title)

Just now, Burning Man said:

Two supremes impeached for what, precisely?  Because you don't like the cut of their jib?  (see, I'm sticking to the spirit of the thread title)

Lying to Congress is heavily frowned upon. That make their application to office under false pretenses, and would subject them charge of perjury.

Well, lying to a Republican Congress is. In fact it's considered a crime by Republican Congresscritters. Republicans lying to voters and Democrats just means it's a day ending in "y."

- DSK

11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Lying to Congress is heavily frowned upon. That make their application to office under false pretenses, and would subject them charge of perjury.

Well, lying to a Republican Congress is. In fact it's considered a crime by Republican Congresscritters. Republicans lying to voters and Democrats just means it's a day ending in "y."

- DSK

What specifically did they lie about?

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

But if the high court were in left wing pontificating bubblegum extremist hands (and their robes) - they would have all the "authority" in the world and you would most definitely acknowledge it.  Right?

you said it, not me. but yes, I don't consider 'lefties' having fucked the pooch by default. 

how are the black turds doing, are you regular?

11 hours ago, Nice! said:

It was a softball question from Senator (R) Sasse. She flubbed it:

Disagree - She got four of five, and missed the same one I did. 

But I do not like her very much anyway  

3 hours ago, Burning Man said:

No, it is the right that has taken a sledge hammer to the constitution . . not the left. 

look it up. 

And stop it with the Both Sidesism. 

10 hours ago, Burning Man said:

What specifically did they lie about?

What did Kavanaugh not lie about? Comey-Barret also lied about a bunch of stuff including her past statements about public policies she believed in.

How about the Republican near-lock on the Federal judiciary, achieved by years of obstinate blocking... which is open defiance of this Constitution you're so fond of... of any Democratic President's appointments? It happened on the Supreme Court and on lower courts to an astonishing degree, literally hundreds of judges seats. And to avoid the "problem" insufficiently partisan judges, they farmed out the screening to The Federalist Society.

Even if the Republican attempt to eliminate elections fails, this effort will seriously undermine and may topple America's government. It should be hammered back into shape. Preferably in as non-partisan a method as possible, but I'm not sure that's possible. These days, everything is either Yay-Republican or enemies to the death.

- DSK