She's docked a few slips down from me, but I've never had a chance to speak to the owner.  There is a distinctly home-built air about her, although well done.  There is some pronounced ribbing near the bow suggesting perhaps C-flex that wasn't fully faired in.  I agree that she looks very much like the Tangara pictured above, but without portlights, wood trim, etc.  If I see the owner I will ask and report back.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Editor said:

bridget-11.jpg

2 hours ago, Matagi said:

Looks like a Patrick Balta Tangara

image.png

image.png.76d500e5af9cf3c4ed4040f8047ff701.png

what's up with the mainsail on those?  the backstay is about 6 feet back and yet the leech is  about a foot back, pretty short..  I payed good money for that main, gimme my cloth...

1 hour ago, Son of Hans said:

She's docked a few slips down from me, but I've never had a chance to speak to the owner.  There is a distinctly home-built air about her, although well done.  There is some pronounced ribbing near the bow suggesting perhaps C-flex that wasn't fully faired in.  I agree that she looks very much like the Tangara pictured above, but without portlights, wood trim, etc.  If I see the owner I will ask and report back.

Looks like it does have the same portlights, check the other pic 2 posts down from yours.

14 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Elvstrom sails. Just what decade are they?

The sails might be older than the boat, and not made for this rig.

but what do I know

42 minutes ago, sailon said:

Careful.  Those are the boats that in PHRF if you see them finish, they beat you!!

yeah, what does it rate man?