Favorite line for adjustable trapeze 2:1 w/clamcleat?

Short version: do you have a line that you really like for 2:1 trapeze setups on the usual Clamcleat CL253? Tell me all about it! 

Long version: On my Nacra 15 the adjustable line of the trapeze setup is lots of things. Nice is not on the list. I recently hopped on a different boat that has a light and supple line for this, didn't get too deep in the groove, it was nice! For various reasons I could not get intel on what line is. This  made me realize I've never had a really good line for my trapezes in the few boats where I've trapezed.

It'd be nice to get, and it's a limited length so can absorb some cost per foot if it's extra nice.

2nd the Marlow. It's dense so it holds well and stands up to UV incredibly well. I'm in the process of restoring a 25 year old 14 and it's loaded with the Marlow pre stretch everywhere. I know it's original because I owned this boat previously. I was shocked it's still holding up.

• 1 month later...

I used 6mm pre-stretched 8 plait for a long time. Cheap and grips well in cleat. We used 5mm for most of 2022 for crew felt it was a bit thin on our 1:1 system (actually 2:1, most 2:1 systems people refer to are actually 3:1 but anyway)

But since last November switched to 4mm dyneema doubled up, which makes about 6mm. I thought it would a bit slippy but was actually great from the first sail. Main advantage is you can get rid of some knots. 

image.thumb.png.ba1f8c1828e19cecf559c8cd5823d593.png