Favorite Canadian?

On 12/6/2021 at 12:31 PM, Rain Man said:

Brian Stemmle - not exactly a household name in Canada, but perhaps should be.

Both Brian and his sister Karen were Olympic Downhill skiers.  Went to high school with both of them.

• Like 2
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine ist Robin Sparkelles.............               

Canadian wisdom to live by, eh!

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Thisbe_8Can9 said:

Both Brian and his sister Karen were Olympic Downhill skiers.  Went to high school with both of them.

Well Thisbe, if we're gonna go down that road, Gord Downie was my sailing mate for two summers at KYC's Junior Squadron!  Bet that makes basketboy drool...

Cheers, eh?!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CriticalPath said:
8 hours ago, Thisbe_8Can9 said:

Well Thisbe, if we're gonna go down that road, Gord Downie was my sailing mate for two summers at KYC's Junior Squadron!  Bet that makes basketboy drool...

Cheers, eh?!

My wife was in the same grade in High School as Pam Anderson. She played volleyball with her.

Apparently her breasts increased after high school.

Pam sent my wife a copy of her first Playboy issue. 

2 hours ago, CriticalPath said:

Cheers, eh?!

ok, well do this...... i sailed heaps and drank more beer and rum with this guy...... an awesome Canadian. I miss him heaps.

derek.jpg

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Jeezuss - what are you going to post next?

Bieber?

Celine?

This is Favourite Canadians, not national embarrassments.

I gotta lot of Bruins to work into this thread.   Patience my son, we’ll get there.

4 hours ago, Zonker said:

My wife was in the same grade in High School as Pam Anderson. She played volleyball with her.

Apparently her breasts increased after high school.

Pam sent my wife a copy of her first Playboy issue. 

Like most women who opt for lots of work, Pam looked much better before than after.

Before:

r/OldSchoolCool - Young Pamela Anderson 80s

After (granted, some years had passed):

pamela-anderson-1995

We moved on to "Brush with Greatness" 

My wife and I were at a Stein Festival, a benefit to help save the Stein Valley in BC. Lots of big name Canadian performers. Thousands of people and lots of port-a-potties pf course.

It was evening and she is one Port-a-Potties. Guy in the adjoining was was Ed Robertson of Bare Naked Ladies, who were very big at the time. He was singing "If I had a Million Dollars" - but changing the lyrics to a extra silly new versions. He cracking himself up and giggling as he did so.

She came back and found me and said "You'll never guess who I was peeing beside"

3 hours ago, Zonker said:

My wife and I were at a Stein Festival, a benefit to help save the Stein Valley in BC. Lots of big name Canadian performers. Thousands of people and lots of port-a-potties pf course.

It was evening and she is one Port-a-Potties. Guy in the adjoining was was Ed Robertson of Bare Naked Ladies, who were very big at the time. He was singing "If I had a Million Dollars" - but changing the lyrics to a extra silly new versions. He cracking himself up and giggling as he did so.

She came back and found me and said "You'll never guess who I was peeing beside"

OH,Oh, Oh!!!  

Me in the A4, 2nd Avenue Saskatoon, 1983ish.  I walk in to the can to find both urinals occupied, one of them by Burton Cummings.  teh occupant of second urinal says "hey, yer Burton Cummings"; Cummings says something like "someone has to be"...said with humour and a smile.

7 hours ago, Zonker said:

In that case - my wife went to the same high school as Bryan Adams - a few years earlier though.

My son taught Taekwondo to Colin James kids.

Ian Tracey lived at the end of our street - we got to know him quite well. Very nice guy as well as a vastly underrated actor due to staying here.

39 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

In that case - my wife went to the same high school as Bryan Adams - a few years earlier though.

My son taught Taekwondo to Colin James kids.

Ian Tracey lived at the end of our street - we got to know him quite well. Very nice guy as well as a vastly underrated actor due to staying here.

a buddy of mine worked set up on Bryan adams tours for 25 years, retired last year.

James is a great guitar player.  I liked the big band stuff, really great in a festival venue. 

On 12/9/2021 at 5:36 AM, Max Rockatansky said:

Don’t.call.me.babe! At least Ms Anderson has a sense of humor about herself.

What impressed me about CONNECTED is that Ms Anderson really kind of let herself go, it was not flattering or cheesy. 

'Before' pics of Ms. Anderson

article-2654477-1EAADD4E00000578-45_636x

tumblr_oxkvlj0s9B1uva2l4o2_1280.jpg