Fortune Favors The Brave

What a time! The guys waited at Barnegat light for me to finish work and jump a plane to Philadelphia and then Uber to the coast. They cast off immediately as I scrambled to don my ski clothes while they motored out into flurries and a wind forecast of following 25+ knots. We never saw the big winds but did double digits on the small jib all night. After the single reefed main went up at dawn we sustained high teen boat speeds with some touches of 21 until the wind fell off somewhere around Wachapreague Inlet. I hogged the tiller all morning and marveled at how low-drama high teen sailing can be. 

We landed in Norfolk in the dark and found a warm meal and a few drinks in the marina bar. I Uber’d home and as I slid into the warm bed my wife said, “you only left yesterday, where did you leave the boat…weren’t you bringing it back from New Jersey?”

Still dizzy from the whole experience I was able to mutter something like “Huh, I guess that was yesterday”  before I slipped off into trimaran dreams. 

• Like 3

Nice looking boat. I too want an overall look. I can't imagine that sort of speed this time of year in that cockpit. Imagine driving around town in the rain in winter standing in the back of a pickup on a bumpy road.

Does the GPS really read in MPH?  Might want to adjust that.

image.png.192bed51af6487ca28f9d28ec204c5ff.png

• Like 1
21 hours ago, martin 'hoff said:

How far South will you come? Miami is nice and toasty right now...

Yes, what’s the objective of this great escapade?

Other than flying around on an amazing boat and posting photos on SA, obviously…

16 minutes ago, gspot said:

Yes, what’s the objective of this great escapade?

Multihuler and his wife have decided to leave Nevada and now have a place in NC. He will be bringing the Antrim plus his other boats back there and my guess is he will try to corrupt/enlighten as many individuals, with his love of multihulls, as he can.

It's blowing hard enough right now that the swing bridge they have to pass thru won't open yet.

I will be posting more pics as soon as I can load them

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, oldsurfer said:

Multihuler and his wife have decided to leave Nevada and now have a place in NC. He will be bringing the Antrim plus his other boats back there and my guess is he will try to corrupt/enlighten as many individuals, with his love of multihulls, as he can.

I will be posting more pics as soon as I can load them

We need to get a multihull fleet going down here!!! 

2 hours ago, oldsurfer said:

A vid and then a GIF of the devastating effects from the pernicious and spasmodic multihull disease infecting an individual.

5xlruo.gif

I'm looking forward to more multihulls in NC! Looks like I'll have to bring Janet to the coast on occasion. 

1 hour ago, oldsurfer said:

They were running low on food so Curtis went on a resupply mission.

(I didn't make this stuff up)

boat10.jpg

Sweet lookin ride!