Non fiction racing books

Many of the well-known UK solo sailors have written decent books / autobiographies. The ones that come to mind are Pete Goss (Close to the Wind) and Francis Chichester (although not modern). Emma Richards & Ellen MacArthur. Rob Mundle's Fatal Storm obviously a classic although that's crewed racing. I haven't read Dee Caffari's book.

15 hours ago, Greyhound37 said:

Any recommendations for single or double handed racing books? Modern race boats. 

Are you looking for biographies or instructional books?

On 12/8/2021 at 8:35 AM, Foolish said:

Are you looking for biographies or instructional books?

Experiences such as the France to France book. Great read. 

Voyage for Madmen was late 60's I thought. I will google it.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, Snowden said:

Many of the well-known UK solo sailors have written decent books / autobiographies.

https://alexbennett.co.uk/high-seas%2Chigh-stakes

Alex has survived two dramatic mid Atlantic rescues including abandoning the ill fated Team Philips as the giant catamaran disintegrated during hurricane force winds in December 2000. 

Alex's story unfolds with unique passion and an inspiring sense of honesty as he describes his sailing adventures, the highs and lows of his roller coaster charge through life as an ocean racer. His story includes the captivating journey to winning the biggest two handed yacht race in the world only to sink mid ocean on the return journey whilst sailing back from Brazil to the UK singlehanded.

If you want an instructional book that derives directly from lessons learned during and after the Singlehanded Transpac, look here; Singlehanded Sailing: Thoughts, Tips, Techniques & Tactics: Evans, Andrew: 9780071836531: Amazon.com: Books

And the supplemental papers that go with it: 

Better Broaching for singlehanders; https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7718709_68878570_6221527

Meal planning for improved performance; https://www.sfbaysss.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1249&d=1452035257

Gybing without shifting the pole: Gybing without a Pole - for singlehanders - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

Have fun.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyhound37 said:

I am thinking motor home 

The best (and possibly worst) aspect of singlehanded sailing is complete self reliance.  It is when EVERYTHING goes wrong at once that you find out if you can handle this type of situation, and I'll tell you that everything ALWAYS goes wrong at once.