• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After news of Novax Jokesonthelittlebitch visa issue broke, the England Cricket team have now appealed decision to allow them to stay in Australia.

I am SA’s boots on the ground. Coming to you live and ad free from the members bar.

WTF just happened.  Been out riding and get to coffee stop ad its all over. I see Bay 13 has a new hero to worship. All hail Scotty Boland

Posted Images

When you celebrate scratching out a draw like it is a win by an innings and 200 runs you have some selection problems. Mind you so do the Australian selectors but problems of a different kind. England batters showed some promise but when half your bowling attack are eligible for a pension it is time to look at the game at ground roots. The problem is that most young cricketers are more interested in belting 6’s wearing pyjamas in india than building an innings in a five day game. 

Half of England never showed up this test. It was just Austraila v a few rangers.

20 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

When you celebrate scratching out a draw like it is a win by an innings and 200 runs you have some selection problems. Mind you so do the Australian selectors but problems of a different kind. England batters showed some promise but when half your bowling attack are eligible for a pension it is time to look at the game at ground roots. The problem is that most young cricketers are more interested in belting 6’s wearing pyjamas in india than building an innings in a five day game. 

Half of England never showed up this test. It was just Austraila v a few rangers.

So true! England cricket veers wildly between concentrating on one format to the exclusion of all others to the next (humiliated in a previous ODI WC to winning but fucking tests as a result). It’s really disappointing. When was the last time England posted a score of over 400 in an innings? I can’t bloody remember. We used to have some proper test match animals back when we last won in AUS. Sadly not so much now.

6 hours ago, The Main Man said:

So true! England cricket veers wildly between concentrating on one format to the exclusion of all others to the next (humiliated in a previous ODI WC to winning but fucking tests as a result). It’s really disappointing. When was the last time England posted a score of over 400 in an innings? I can’t bloody remember. We used to have some proper test match animals back when we last won in AUS. Sadly not so much now.

The strength of the domestic 4 day comp is vital. You can’t learn test cricket from playing that T20 Indian baseball bullshit. Great opportunity to put blood some prospects in the 5th test.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The strength of the domestic 4 day comp is vital. You can’t learn test cricket from playing that T20 Indian baseball bullshit. Great opportunity to put blood some prospects in the 5th test.

A great idea to get some fresh talent into the "mix". I wonder how many of the existing test team would be 'happy' to loose there match payments to see this happen? Players Union?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Totally. I don’t think the introduction of The Hundred helped either.

So the 5th and final Ashes Test was due to start in Hobart in 12 minutes...but it's been raining and there is more on the way however they should get some play in today. 

Doesn't look like the final XI's have been named yet but it looks like England will be blooding a new cap or two.

Apparently the pitch is a bit green so winning the toss will present the winning captain with a tough decision.

Wake up England coz you might not see 10 Aussie wickets down before you wake up!!!

You would not want to be batting on that pitch. Good toss win by Root and even better decision to say "We'll bowl"

1 hour ago, P_Wop said:

If England skittle Australia  out, I really wouldn't want to be England batting on that green track tonight under the lights.  Carnage.

Don't worry it doesn't look like that is going to happen tonight coz Labuschagne, Head & Green have counterpunched to some woeful English bowling in the last 90 minutes of play...152 on the board from 38 overs with 4 down.

Well, Australia are 301/9, and two splendid sixes from Lyon, the first one right out of the ground into someone's back yard.  England will have it "all on" to bat this evening.

EDIT, Lyon bowled, so 303 all out.

So...after an excellent start by England, by having Australia at 3/12 at one stage, and then tempting the Aussie tail with some high leg side bowling to get 2 cheap wickets early the last two wickets have put on 50, including 3 sixes from Lyon, to propel to Australia to a few over 300. 

So now it's England's turn to bat.  I wonder if they'll be all out by stumps today.

2 hours ago, Alhadder said:

And now Stokes as well. 85/5. I can't see them batting out the day.

And they don't.  All out for 188. Australia has a lead of 115 with a good 25 overs of play remaining for the day.

I really hope Australia will use this as an exercise to practice their red ball game, and build a good long strong innings tonight and tomorrow.  It will be good for morale, good training, and good for the Hobart crowd.

The weather looks OK, so there will be plenty of time to massacre the Poms on day 4, or even day 5 if they survive that long.

45 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

I really hope Australia will use this as an exercise to practice their red ball game, and build a good long strong innings tonight and tomorrow.  It will be good for morale, good training, and good for the Hobart crowd.

The weather looks OK, so there will be plenty of time to massacre the Poms on day 4, or even day 5 if they survive that long.

I do not see this match going to a 4th day. I'd argue Australia only need another 100 runs to give a lead of 250+ and then bowl England out under lights. 

1 minute ago, Alhadder said:

I do not see this match going to a 4th day. I'd argue Australia only need another 100 runs to give a lead of 250+ and then bowl England out under lights. 

Fair enough. 

But my point was to use this opportunity as a rare red ball long-thinking training exercise.  They don't crop up with the weeds.  

2 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

Fair enough. 

But my point was to use this opportunity as a rare red ball long-thinking training exercise.  They don't crop up with the weeds.  

Yeah but the ball is moving around quite a bit so I'd be surprised that Aust get to 200. Plus I think they'd prefer to bowl to the English top order under lights rather than the first session tomorrow.

1 hour ago, 00seven said:

6/89 I don't think that was in the plan....

Probably true...but getting to 141 for whatever, which means a 256 run lead would certainly have been in the plan.  Aussie bowlers get almost 2 full sessions today to knock the Poms over. That'd be the plan from here on in :)

10 minutes ago, Alhadder said:

Probably true...but getting to 141 for whatever, which means a 256 run lead would certainly have been in the plan.  Aussie bowlers get almost 2 full sessions today to knock the Poms over. That'd be the plan from here on in :)

Well, it's 8/144 now and the tail is still wagging...

3 hours ago, P_Wop said:

England need 271.  Any bets?

With the English openers making their 1st 50+ run partnership in the series the chances of this game getting into the 4th day have increased significantly. However since Burns got out they've now lost 4/22 of last 69 deliveries and 90 minutes to play tonight it might not. Only Root left of the recognised batsmen.

Edit 20 mins later: And now Root has gone too. 5 wickets to get in 70 minutes. Doable.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:37 PM, 00seven said:

1/1

Numbers even Grumpy can understand.

Well this is calamitous...from 0/68 to 8/115.  Woeful

Edit: Make that all out for 124. Pitiful performance by England in the end. Just put up the white flag and surrendered.

Super-spreader process where each team congratulates the other.  Surprised that is still a thing.

EDIT: looks like they did make Novax's fight, if they hurry.

The poms now know how the crew of Celestial feel having a victory snatched from you. Hobart can be a cruel place.

Oh well back to the drawing board for England. Se you all in two years.

Out.

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The poms now know how the crew of Celestial feel having a victory snatched from you. Hobart can be a cruel place.

baby-baby-crying.gif

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Oh well back to the drawing board for England. Se you all in two years.

Out.

If the Poms can get test results in three days why can't we? :ph34r:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, random. said:

baby-baby-crying.gif

It is good to have you back mate. Ever since Jack got punted we have had a shortage of childish memes.

Good mate was in the Customs House when the Aussie team rolled in yesterday...said he had a great time and so did they...his exact quote was "Travis Head, man of the Match, man of the series and the drunkest cunt in Hobart. What a little legend."...