2 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Over early too many times and you get black flagged.

Told my wife,  I was going for gold tonight in bed.  She said...  why not shoot for silver and come in second for a change...

Sex, sailing and golf.  even if you're not good at it, it can still be fun...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

…come in 2nd…took me a minute to get it!

Always strive for the gold and let’s just not talk about going for the bronze…:ph34r:

Tell her she needs to get some practice in and get her time down, not your problem she can't keep up. Trust me, it will go over well :lol:

* if she says her poor showing is caused by the foredeck guy not being able to handle the pole and maybe she needs a new bowman, you may need to rethink ;)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Tell her she needs to get some practice in and get her time down, not your problem she can't keep up. Trust me, it will go over well :lol:

That's one way to get the faucet turned off for  while.  No thanks...

You never had Shcianno’s pizza in NJ then. It’s was the worst culinary offense I’ve ever experienced. It’s like the owner let his 8 year old make the pie and NJ is one of the best places to get a pizza.

22 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

You never had Shcianno’s pizza in NJ then. It’s was the worst culinary offense I’ve ever experienced. It’s like the owner let his 8 year old make the pie and NJ is one of the best places to get a pizza.

Hahaha!

My favorite is By George in Reading Terminal. Followed by Pepe,s New Haven in the old oven

I've had bad of all three (sex, sailing, and pizza) to the point where I regretted it to a major extent.

Sex: I have done it in the heat of battle and then either been stuck with a bad clinger or caused a rift with others. I can even be a financial disaster.

Sailing: I've been on a few day-sails or races with people who were an absolute bummer to spend time with aboard. The upside is that it's over in a day. Needn't be repeated and it's easy enough to just fade into the background.

Pizza: I've had enough bad pizza. I now know to run the quality versus calories and if it doesn't add in the  positive, just wait for good stuff.

8 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

…come in 2nd…took me a minute to get it!

Always strive for the gold and let’s just not talk about going for the bronze…:ph34r:

Is the ‘bronze’ similar to the snooker conundrum that if the pinks on the red go for the brown? Just wondering.<_<

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Elegua said:

Hmmm...shibari...

Once upon a time, I saw notice that there was a last-minute opening in a shibari workshop not too far from me.  A few messages were exchanged with a woman who needed to find a partner before Thursday night.  Seems her previous guy quit after the first session, "Just because I cut him a little."  :huh:

Seems she thought the whole tableau just wasn't right without a trickle of blood running over the rope.  Again, call me vanilla... :o

On the other hand, my boat has certainly extracted quite a few trickles of blood... Hmm...

1 hour ago, toddster said:

.  Seems her previous guy quit after the first session, "Just because I cut him a little."

:D

1 hour ago, toddster said:

On the other hand, my boat has certainly extracted quite a few trickles of blood... Hmm...

:o

Sailing is a lot like Sex. Going over the finishline at the same time is always intense and nobody really knows who is first.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:26 PM, Marcjsmith said:

Told my wife,  I was going for gold tonight in bed.  She said...  why not shoot for silver and come in second for a change...

Maybe tell her that you are not doing one design racing and you are second in calculated time.

20 minutes ago, EbbAndFlow said:

Sailing is a lot like Sex. Going over the finishline at the same time is always intense and nobody really knows who is first.

Maybe tell her that you are not doing one design racing and you are second in calculated time.

I am not sure I want to know my rating :o