Fucking FedEx-USPS Fuckwittery

45 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Howe muche our they askseng foire?  Shoude I starte a Go-Funde-Me ?

Evil bastards just left a cryptic ransom note that said,

IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR PACKAGE ALIVE, BRING USPS THE MONEY

FUCKERS . . . <_<

• Like 2

could have been a neighbor seeing it and not wanting it to be stolen by next passerby

did USPiSs see it dropped in malebox ??

I think "They" stole your package

USPS is VERY proprietary about "their" mailboxes, it being a Federal offense to tamper with them and all.  The enforced security of the US Mail is one of their competitive advantages over the private services.  You are really, truly dumb to porch pirate out of a US Mail box.  Which is why USPS occasionally gets in to a chest-puffing contest with their competitors.  

Designing mail rooms for large apartment buildings is becoming an art form, with US Mail, UPS, etc, and Amazon Prime all wanting their own space and lock-boxes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dorado said:

Fucking FedEx illegally delivered a package into my mailbox. Fucking USPS has confiscated it and is now demanding Ransom money from me to get it.

Somebody needs a Royal Ass Whuppin . . .

Call FedX and tell them to fix the problem.

They will just laugh at you, so be prepared.

42 minutes ago, Go Left said:

USPS is VERY proprietary about "their" mailboxes, it being a Federal offense to tamper with them and all.  The enforced security of the US Mail is one of their competitive advantages over the private services.  You are really, truly dumb to porch pirate out of a US Mail box.  Which is why USPS occasionally gets in to a chest-puffing contest with their competitors. 

^^^ this.  The USPS motto should be "Screw with the mail, go to jail."  

UPS, FedEx and Some other carrier are reliably terrible about dropping my deliveries in the woods across from my driveway gate, regardless of instructions to deliver to the house. USPS regular carrier is excellent, and makes an extra effort to make sure things are in under cover if no one is home. USPS weekend, and fill in driver is just plain old evil, and needs to be taken to a gator pit and taught some lessons.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Call FedX and tell them to fix the problem.

They will just laugh at you, so be prepared.

HA! Don't waste your time trying that.

The last real living human being to work for FedEx was Tom Hanks. When he finally got off the island, he found they all been replaced by soulless automatons. That's why he quit.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dorado said:

The last real living human being to work for FedEx was Tom Hanks. When he finally got off the island, he found they all been replaced by soulless automatons. That's why he quit.

Holley crap!  He worked FedEx aftere Armey in WWII & Nam?  God blesse hisse heartte.........an then actteng......           :)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Dorado said:

Fucking FedEx illegally delivered a package into my mailbox. Fucking USPS has confiscated it and is now demanding Ransom money from me to get it.

so usps just found out you've been using fed ex to ship your weed in...  and since your mailbox is technically federal property, you've committed a felony, and now they want you to come down to federally owned office to "get it back"    hahahahaha

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

so usps just found out you've been using fed ex to ship your weed in...  and since your mailbox is technically federal property, you've committed a felony, and now they want you to come down to federally owned office to "get it back"    hahahahaha

That's methed up.

I have had just outright frustration with the United States Post Office this year.   I ended up sending about 30 letters to embarrass the local Post Office into just delivering the damn mail.    I have a locked mailbox, so the OP's issue does not happen.   However regardless of how many ways I told the USPS that I moved into this lovely new home they refused to deliver my mail.  Friends, Mortgage company, Insurance etc got their mail back marked undeliverable.  I ended up paying for insurance I did not need due to the mortgage folks sending me multiple letters that never got delivered.   

We have been supporting the USPS through loans for far too long.   If they refuse to give you the package thank them and type out your story.  Send it to every single congressional critter that has any oversight on the USPS.  Send the letter to every other post office. Send the letter to every local TV station.  Other than HOA's mail delivery rates right up there on youtube views.  If you can put your story on Youtube go for it and link it in any correspondence.   

I completely gave up being nice.  USPS is now the enemy and they must be defeated. 

I would rather pay $1 per stamp and have Amazon deliver it.   I have everything possible online.  The few items that come in the mail must be delivered. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Where does international mail go?:huh:

Our mailman doesn't care about flyers and such that neighbors put out, but I think finding Fedex or UPS mail in the mailbox would be like trying to walk on to a Southwest Airlines flight with a United ticket - no can do.

FYI - there has been a concerted effort to hobble the Post Office to the point it becomes dysfunctional including removing mail sorting machines and forcing them to fund pensions for something like 80 years out. It seems to be working too, I have had mail take 12 days to get to me from places 50 miles away :angry:

Special shout-out to the Amazon fuckwits that toss packages over my fence. My dogs rip them open and bury the contents.

A very strange system in the USA..

In the UK your mail box is your own,, most people just have a letter box in their front door. Though we used to have it by the back door...

However since we have a dog who doesn't like post men, I built  a letter box and a parcels box into our garden wall. Postie or Amazonian puts parcel in box then pushed the door to, and it locks.. (there are actually two parcels boxes...)

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, The Q said:

A very strange system in the USA..

In the UK your mail box is your own,, most people just have a letter box in their front door. Though we used to have it by the back door...

However since we have a dog who doesn't like post men, I built  a letter box and a parcels box into our garden wall. Postie or Amazonian puts parcel in box then pushed the door to, and it locks.. (there are actually two parcels boxes...)

You nailed it!    A lot of people are going to need clearly marked parcel boxes.   Some of those will need to lock package inside due to theft. 

2 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

As long as it has postage stamps, it's good to go.

My sister Lisa co-owned a Tartan 30(?) at the DYC named Mas Cencerra.

Was it a Tartan 10 (33.15 ft)?

We used to keep the boat there (J35 - Falcon).  Nice club.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

We used to keep the boat there (J35 - Falcon).  Nice club.

Never mid - I looked it up Mas Cencerro Tartan 30 at DYC

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell2 said:

Details escape me, but the boat was raced quite a bit during its tenure there.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell2 said:

Never mid - I looked it up Mas Cencerro Tartan 30 at DYC

Okay, will not mid. ;)

18 hours ago, Dorado said:

Call the company that sent the package and tell them it did not arrive and they need to send you another one or give you a refund.  Make not of who you talked to and what they said.  Follow it up with an e-mail to their customer support.  If you do not have a tracking number for a replacement or a refund to your CC in 48 hours call your credit card company and dispute the charge.  

USPS should abandon any pretense that they can/should compete on the delivery stage.

From subsidized international shipping losses to congressional oversight meddling.  Its a loss.

Just start delivering mail M W and F and skip all the other days.

Cliff Claven is in charge over there, and the results show.

And can you please take the effort to climb one singe step to put packages on the covered porch?  No?  lets just leave 18 inches away in the rain...  Job done.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Windward said:

USPS should abandon any pretense that they can/should compete on the delivery stage.

From subsidized international shipping losses to congressional oversight meddling.  Its a loss.

Just start delivering mail M W and F and skip all the other days.

Cliff Claven is in charge over there, and the results show.

And can you please take the effort to climb one singe step to put packages on the covered porch?  No?  lets just leave 18 inches away in the rain...  Job done.

They don't compete.  Not really.  They are the only mail service/delivery service that has it's own article in the US Constitution.

11 hours ago, Kent H said:

I have had just outright frustration with the United States Post Office this year.   I ended up sending about 30 letters to embarrass the local Post Office into just delivering the damn mail.    I have a locked mailbox, so the OP's issue does not happen.   However regardless of how many ways I told the USPS that I moved into this lovely new home they refused to deliver my mail.  Friends, Mortgage company, Insurance etc got their mail back marked undeliverable.  I ended up paying for insurance I did not need due to the mortgage folks sending me multiple letters that never got delivered.   

We have been supporting the USPS through loans for far too long.   If they refuse to give you the package thank them and type out your story.  Send it to every single congressional critter that has any oversight on the USPS.  Send the letter to every other post office. Send the letter to every local TV station.  Other than HOA's mail delivery rates right up there on youtube views.  If you can put your story on Youtube go for it and link it in any correspondence.   

I completely gave up being nice.  USPS is now the enemy and they must be defeated. 

I would rather pay $1 per stamp and have Amazon deliver it.   I have everything possible online.  The few items that come in the mail must be delivered. 

USPS can not FWD most Really Important Mail = Post that Goes to Your Given Home Address

except mail in ballots that can follow to another state

Important mail from Mortgage Co. Insurance,  State/Fed etc require YOU to Change Your Address with Them

only 1 letter (or log in) to each and Done

16 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

only the USPS can use your mailbox...   that's why all those flyers get rubber banded to your front door..

How odd.  Here it's my dam mailbox and if I don't want junk-mail I put a sign on it. Unless its something illegal there are no laws about who can put what in it.

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

USPS can not FWD most Really Important Mail = Post that Goes to Your Given Home Address

except mail in ballots that can follow to another state

Important mail from Mortgage Co. Insurance,  State/Fed etc require YOU to Change Your Address with Them

only 1 letter (or log in) to each and Done

Sorry Woody -  All of this was done.  This had nothing to do with forwarding.  Everything was correctly addressed.   NOTHING WAS INCORRECT!!!!   Everything was reviewed multiple times by local, state and at the federal level.    Don't get me wrong, I honestly believe that at least two local Post Office employees repeatedly tried to correct the problem.   One even gave me his cell phone number after he thought the problem was resolved.  I was very nice to him as it was obvious that whatever the problem was he could not correct it.   

The Post Office refused to believe that I lived at this address for 14 months AFTER closing.  My best guess is that there were multiple problems with the final issue being substitute mail delivery.   I believe these people are not on the USPS retirement system and have zero motivation to get the job done. 

The final result was to have me use the USPS Informed Delivery app.   I get an email that will show most of the mail I am to receive every day.  If the mail does not arrive, I send a copy of this to the Post Office.  At this point I believe the problems for the last month or so were only local.  

I am curious.  Why did you immediately think that forwarding was the issue?   The reason I ask is that forwarding would be the first thing that would come up in conversations with the USPS.  The mail in question had the correct address as eventually much of the mail would be FedEx'd to me.  The USPS just refused to put it in my mailbox. 

2 hours ago, Kent H said:

Sorry Woody -  All of this was done.  This had nothing to do with forwarding.  Everything was correctly addressed.   NOTHING WAS INCORRECT!!!!   Everything was reviewed multiple times by local, state and at the federal level.     

I am curious.  Why did you immediately think that forwarding was the issue?   The reason I ask is that forwarding would be the first thing that would come up in conversations with the USPS.  The mail in question had the correct address as eventually much of the mail would be FedEx'd to me.  The USPS just refused to put it in my mailbox. 

THIS

"However regardless of how many ways I told the USPS that I moved into this lovely new home they refused to deliver my mail" 

USPS should Only deliver mail to the address it is addressed to

any other past or future address means nothing

if you use something other than a Home address (PO-Box etc) some mail can NOT be sent there

yer car registration, drivers license and such .... so you can't pretend to live in a place that you don't

if your mail is addressed to a residence you should expect it to be delivered to that address

if you live on a boat or in a motorhome

and give whatever address as your preferred drop off location

USPS Can Not deliver many things to that address as those mailing whatever Must know where you live

Like getting auto insurance in outer BumFuck, Yet commuting in LA Rush-hour every day

or insuring yer travel trailer/RV in DAGO but living in it, in Kansas

Not implying you are/did anything wrong, just suggesting such BS might be the issue

2 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

THIS

"However regardless of how many ways I told the USPS that I moved into this lovely new home they refused to deliver my mail" 

USPS should Only deliver mail to the address it is addressed to

any other past or future address means nothing

if you use something other than a Home address (PO-Box etc) some mail can NOT be sent there

yer car registration, drivers license and such .... so you can't pretend to live in a place that you don't

if your mail is addressed to a residence you should expect it to be delivered to that address

if you live on a boat or in a motorhome

and give whatever address as your preferred drop off location

USPS Can Not deliver many things to that address as those mailing whatever Must know where you live

Like getting auto insurance in outer BumFuck, Yet commuting in LA Rush-hour every day

or insuring yer travel trailer/RV in DAGO but living in it, in Kansas

Not implying you are/did anything wrong, just suggesting such BS might be the issue

ok

Was this in an RFD mailbox "owned" by you at the street?  I don't believe they could have put it into a PO box in the Post Office that is locked up. And how can the USPS claim they "own" your mailbox purchased and installed by you???  Friends leave things for friends in their roadside mailboxes all the time, and never heard  of a problem?????

On 12/13/2021 at 8:11 PM, P_Wop said:
On 12/13/2021 at 7:28 PM, Go Left said:

^^^ this.  The USPS motto should be "Screw with the mail, go to jail."  

Sure, when does DeJoye's sentence begin?

- DSK

On 12/14/2021 at 5:00 AM, Kent H said:

Back in the 80s I attended a meeting with out local postmaster who there to extoll the benefits of using extended zip codes.

Bunch of IT types in a fortune 50 corporation responsible for tons of mailings be it sales letter, invoices, technical publications etc.

The post master said If we used the extended zip codes and sorted the addresses by extended zip codes before printing the mailing labels we could save $0.02 a letter.

I asked why would I want to save $0.02 a piece when we had just come up with this new fangled e-mail and I can deliver that message for free instantaneously and i do not need the USPS.   The fat bald headed postmaster responded by calling me a Commie.   Got my pound a flesh 5 years later as email took off and the USPS had to close offices.

In regards to the original post, the trick is the make sure you leave a really nice tip in the mail box this time every year with Christmas card addressed MAIL CARRIER and Thanks penned inside.    They overlook a shit-ton of such chicken shit if you show your letter carrier some respect.

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

What DO they do with the mail? Return it? Keep it? Burn it?

Not sure if this is for me but... In my case this is the best that I could figure out what was going on. 

The mail was marked undeliverable with a yellow sticker if done during sorting.  If it was done by the person delivering the mail it was written undeliverable on the letters.    Then much of the mail was sent back to whomever sent it.   The rest vanished.   In some cases I would receive an email or phone call from whomever sent the mail.   However that was very sporadic.  While I got a phone call from a friends wife that their Christmas card was returned my mortgage company decided after three letters returned to just buy additional flood insurance and bill me. 

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I had the post office refuse to deliver mail for a bit because my mailbox was too low. Apparently some kids were putting snakes in mailboxes and the traumatized mailman would not open one he couldn't see into :lol:

I had a neighbor who had yuccas and cactuses growing around his mailbox. Lovely landscaping, low water demand. Of course they grew taller and after a few times getting stuck, the mail carrier refused to deliver to his box. He tried to get all indignant with me talking about it, and I said, WTF did you expect?

- DSK

13 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I had a neighbor who had yuccas and cactuses growing around his mailbox. Lovely landscaping, low water demand. Of course they grew taller and after a few times getting stuck, the mail carrier refused to deliver to his box. He tried to get all indignant with me talking about it, and I said, WTF did you expect?

- DSK

Getting stuck, how?  Oh, I get it, he was stuck with cactus thorns???

• Like 1
On 12/13/2021 at 11:05 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Dorado hasn't posted since Monday, do you think he went into fed territory?

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Dorado hasn't posted since Monday, do you think he went into fed territory?

The clusterfuck continues. Apparently USPS shipped the package back to a regional FedEx Center.

FedEx says they can't deliver the package because the address label has been damaged. They also say that I could drive to the regional warehouse and pick up the package in person. That would be a 125 mile round trip for me.

FedEx says I need to contact the shipper to pursue the matter. The shipper says that because I opened a case number with FedEx they can't do anything about it until FedEx resolves the case.

What we have here is a classic case of 3-way Rectal Cranium Inversion.

We do not have a mailbox at the end of our driveway here at the FishShack. We do have a PO box at the post office less than a mile away. My problem is when ordering from Newegg or other online retailers they do not tell you when you place your order how they will ship your package, guess they send with whoever gets it there first or for the cheapest. I usually put my mailing address as the PO box number and if a package gets addressed as such and sent via USPS it gets to the PO and since they don't have a street address for my (and no mailbox) it sits around the PO for a few days and then shipped back to the sender. 

This week it was golf balls.  Next week it will be an important contract, bill or notice that was sent next day by FedEx and the USPS confiscates it.   Your Mail Carrier regardless of whether it is the regular or substitute needs to know they can't fack with you without repercussions.   Either go on the attack or learn to live with your deliveries being confiscated. 

Welcome to 2022

This afternoon/evening (5:05PM EST) I was out on the far end of my property in my truck, talking to my sister on the phone. (Where I have the best cell service) When I saw a delivery van trying to turn around in a neighbor's driveway. Soft sand, and a large cargo van =no go. So I called out to the driver. "What address are you looking for?" Mine.

So I told her to drive up a few hundred yards to a spot she could turn around in, and I'd meet her at my driveway.

She was very nice, and said that Amazon GPS had my address on the other side of the road, and in the brush. I pointed out my street number on the tree by my driveway, and told her the house was 300 yards further up through the fields and through the woods. She made a note on her computer. handed me the package, and apologized for the inconvenience. I told her it wasn't her fault, and thanked her for her patience. She wished me a merry christmas, and I said something along the same lines, and she went on her way.... With a LOT of pkgs still in her van. It must really kind of suck to have one of those jobs thistime of year.... Working a route pay, not hourly, and starting at 7AM and ending when your last delivery is made, no matter if you have another hour drive to get back to the depot, before you get in your car to go home.....

I suggested that she could just leave all the deliveries with me, ditch the van in the river, and I'd give her a ride to her car.... But she had ethics.... Damn............

42 minutes ago, ropetrick said:

The problem is Fed Ex not USPS.  Fed Ex knows the rules, your route driver is lazy, stupid or both.

And Fed Ex does not care...ever.

And it probably happens 10,000 times a day . . . 

Title 18, U.S.C, 1725

USPS needs to sue the nuts off of FedEx until this stops. 

22 minutes ago, Dorado said:

And it probably happens 10,000 times a day . . . 

Title 18, U.S.C, 1725

USPS needs to sue the nuts off of FedEx until this stops. 

USPS isn't going to sue anyone. They know that their drivers regularly dump tons of presorted bulk mail into dumpsters, and burn barrels every day across the country. It's not a secret, it happens, and no one has the inclination to do anything about it because...... We all hate junk mail.

32 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Why don't you just put up another mailbox that says NOT USPS on it? Or is that against the rules too?

You can do that.  For example, newspaper delivery can use a small box attached near the mailbox (when we used to have papers delivered, the boxes were nailed to the post that held the mailbox.  It does seem strange that a mailbox that *I* pay for and put up is solely for the use of the USPS.  But I suppose I appreciate the federal protection that comes with it.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Why don't you just put up another mailbox that says NOT USPS on it? Or is that against the rules too?

Because FedEx, UPS, and Amazon are supposed to deliver to my front door. And they always have, until just recently. My, and my neighbor's mailboxes are all grouped together at the beginning of a dead end road. Very rural out here. Cattle country. 

20211211_103227.jpg

8 hours ago, Dorado said:

Because FedEx, UPS, and Amazon are supposed to deliver to my front door. And they always have, until just recently. My, and my neighbor's mailboxes are all grouped together at the beginning of a dead end road. Very rural out here. Cattle country. 

20211211_103227.jpg

well if you'd get your cows out of the driveway, they might deliver to the door..

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
8 hours ago, Dorado said:

20211211_103227.jpg

Expand  

Expand  

well if you'd get your cows out of the driveway, they might deliver to the door..

Those must be some very mean-tempered cows if they scare away the delivery man.

Cows actually are dangerous but they don't LOOK so

- DSK

On 12/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, Rasputin22 said:

We do not have a mailbox at the end of our driveway here at the FishShack. We do have a PO box at the post office less than a mile away. My problem is when ordering from Newegg or other online retailers they do not tell you when you place your order how they will ship your package, guess they send with whoever gets it there first or for the cheapest. I usually put my mailing address as the PO box number and if a package gets addressed as such and sent via USPS it gets to the PO and since they don't have a street address for my (and no mailbox) it sits around the PO for a few days and then shipped back to the sender. 

We put our street address for larger things, like Amazon, but add "Or PO Box XUZ, Town, State, zip code, if easier?"  Prefer the PO box we've had for 30 years, to street address for less than 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

It appears that UPS drivers cannot navigate in the snow. At all. We have had snow for the last 10 days. the last 3 days roads have been clear and dry. I have 2 packages sitting at the distribution center, 17 miles away. They have been sitting there for 11 days now. Always with the promise of delivery next business day. 

I'm going over to get them in person this afternoon. I have been to Burlington 4 or 5 times in this 6" of "snowmaggedon". 

So, is this really weather related or the result of the "great resignation" people are talking about. Or did my packages get dumped on the side of the road by some schmuck they put behind the wheel?

WL 

Wifey told me some FedUPS Amazon bastich dumped thousands of packages in a muddy field after stealing the contents.  I might have lost my bottle of the world’s best horseradish sauce in that debacle.  

40 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Wifey told me some FedUPS Amazon bastich dumped thousands of packages in a muddy field after stealing the contents.  I might have lost my bottle of the world’s best horseradish sauce in that debacle.  

Headless Horseradish Sauce?

we had a german restaurant in the area a long long time ago, now since closed,  you could get fresh made horse radish sauce ...  I swear that stuff could clear a covid-infected person in a heartbeat

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

Headless Horseradish Sauce?

we had a german restaurant in the area a long long time ago, now since closed,  you could get fresh made horse radish sauce ...  I swear that stuff could clear a covid-infected person in a heartbeat

Nawp. I'll admit to being a wimp when it comes horseradish. My days of loosening the back of my scalp with fresh horseradish are long gone. I now like a flavorful creamy sauce with a bit of a kick: St. Elmo's is my preferred.

Charlotte made a bone-in Prime Rib for Christmas and it was just about the best damn thing ever.  A little St Elmo's definitely put it over the top. 

Amazon updated the St. Elmo's status as "Probably Lost".  Bastards.  It's a rare bird down here at our Supers.  

On 1/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Nawp. I'll admit to being a wimp when it comes horseradish. My days of loosening the back of my scalp with fresh horseradish are long gone. I now like a flavorful creamy sauce with a bit of a kick: St. Elmo's is my preferred.

Charlotte made a bone-in Prime Rib for Christmas and it was just about the best damn thing ever.  A little St Elmo's definitely put it over the top. 

Amazon updated the St. Elmo's status as "Probably Lost".  Bastards.  It's a rare bird down here at our Supers.  

you can get it at the source   https://store.stelmos.com/collections/sauces-seasonings/products/prepared-horseradish

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

you can get it at the source   https://store.stelmos.com/collections/sauces-seasonings/products/prepared-horseradish

On 1/6/2022 at 7:31 PM, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Apparently, my bottle of St Elmo Horseradish Sauce has been taking an all expense paid trip up and down the West Coast of Florida, courtesy of the USPS.  They found it down south, and it should be here Monday. 

I'm not holding my breath.  

My wife got both the horseradish sauce and the remoulade at our local grocery store.  It is part of the Kroger empire 

FedEx ground  competently delivered my golf clubs from Florida to Virginia in 3 days.  I was secretly hoping that they got lost as I overinsured them.

oh well can’t win em all

21 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Apparently, my bottle of St Elmo Horseradish Sauce has been taking an all expense paid trip up and down the West Coast of Florida, 

Tride thisse tonite on medium/welle done roaste beefe, verrey nice, Snagg approoved........             :)

large_d10ed654-c7d5-4beb-a5b9-31c93de8d0