Pew Political Typology Quiz

I'm progressive left - no surprise 

but yeah, those sorts of quizzes are irritating. 

For one thing, the question phrasing is somewhere below Jr. High level . . . 

Asking people if The U.S. stands above all other countries in the world .. . 

The way it is phrased makes it actually an empirical question, 

and if you respond "yes", you are wrong. 

Why should the quiz meisters dignify a wrong answer ??? 

I am an Establishment Liberal, which pretty much makes sense. Interesting to look at some of the supporting data such as demographics herehttps://www.pewresearch.org/politics/interactives/political-typology-comparison-2021/. The lefties and righties are very different as would be expected. The righties are much older.

• Like 1
On 12/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, BeSafe said:

Political Typology Quiz

Your best fit is…

Ambivalent Right

… along with 12% of the public

Sounds about right.

• Like 1
On 12/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, AJ Oliver said:

I'm progressive left - no surprise 

but yeah, those sorts of quizzes are irritating. 

For one thing, the question phrasing is somewhere below Jr. High level . . . 

Asking people if The U.S. stands above all other countries in the world .. . 

The way it is phrased makes it actually an empirical question, 

and if you respond "yes", you are wrong. 

Why should the quiz meisters dignify a wrong answer ??? 

It's not about Right or Wrong - fucknutz!  The quiz is about how you perceive the world.  JFC!  

I got to the second question and quit. Obviously designed for the USA and nobody else.

Even the first question was idiotic because it's effectively meaningless unless it states WHAT Govt services will/won't be available.

Fuck's sake where do they find people to write such drivel? They probably all 'graduated' from the AJ Oliver School of Biased Morons...

FKT

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

They probably all 'graduated' from the AJ Oliver School of Biased Morons...

Haha, so true.  I just cringe when I think of an entire generation of Poly sci students that have been taught by the AJ style "professors" of the world.  

20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The poll is bullshit, but there is a lot of interesting stuff on the Pew Research web site. Right now I'm looking at the comparisons of their political "types" across issues:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/interactives/political-typology-comparison-2021/

- DSK

You do realize those are the same topics right?  The poll and the types are derived from the same data and question sets?  I can't tell if you're being facetious.  :)

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

You may be correct Slogz

Your best fit is…

Ambivalent Right

… along with 12% of the public

That should make JB uncomfortable......

Personally, I doubt anyone that frequents this board is likely to be more right-leaning than 'Ambivalent'.  The other forms seem very unlikely to me.. MAYBE a populist Righty sneaks in?

Dunno :)

5 minutes ago, BeSafe said:

You do realize those are the same topics right?  The poll and the types are derived from the same data and question sets?  I can't tell if you're being facetious.  :)

Somewhat, it explains why the categories are set up the way they are. I can only see four or five things that would make me "committed conservative" out of the whole field,though.

Different topics feeding into political divisions

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/12/17/striking-findings-from-2021/

Racism as a public policy issue in other countries

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/11/02/more-people-globally-see-racial-ethnic-discrimination-as-a-serious-problem-in-the-u-s-than-in-their-own-society/

Some interesting reading.

3 minutes ago, BeSafe said:

Personally, I doubt anyone that frequents this board is likely to be more right-leaning than 'Ambivalent'.  The other forms seem very unlikely to me.. MAYBE a populist Righty sneaks in?

Dunno :)

Disagree, there's a bunch of populist righties IMHO, shortage of flag & church righties though

- DSK

22 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

Because it is limited to right and left with no regard to libertarian and authoritarian I suspect.

Actual libertarians are a tiny fraction of the voting public.  I think PEW is right, most libertarian types tend to fold into one of the other two groups.  They tend to show up in the Outsider Left or the Ambivalent Right depending on other externalities.  For Example:

"On core issues related to the size and role of government, Ambivalent Right hold views that are traditionally associated with the GOP: Most (63%) say that government regulation of business usually does more harm than good, and nearly three-quarters (73%) prefer a smaller government providing fewer services to a bigger government providing more services." 

"More than nine-in-ten Outsider Left (94%) say that the economic system in this country unfairly favors powerful interests. Nearly half in this group (48%) say that government is almost always wasteful and inefficient, higher than in other Democratic-leaning groups. "

I would say both of those tend to be more libertarian expressions than what you'd expect from the rank and file GOP or Democrat.

Moderate conservative here..... Funny how these things work out.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Somewhat, it explains why the categories are set up the way they are. I can only see four or five things that would make me "committed conservative" out of the whole field,though.

Different topics feeding into political divisions

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/12/17/striking-findings-from-2021/

Racism as a public policy issue in other countries

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/11/02/more-people-globally-see-racial-ethnic-discrimination-as-a-serious-problem-in-the-u-s-than-in-their-own-society/

Some interesting reading.

Disagree, there's a bunch of populist righties IMHO, shortage of flag & church righties though

- DSK

How did you score on the MMPI test?  High marks with SFD, AGG, ASA, ANP, COG, and a little IPP?

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

So basically a rational centrist. In the USA that's pretty conservative.

- DSK

Could be... centrist seems to be a fairly empty demographic these days. Rational?  I'ma don't know man. No one's ever accused me of being that before.

7 hours ago, Burning Man said:

It's not about Right or Wrong - fucknutz!  The quiz is about how you perceive the world.  JFC!  

Hey dumb-butt . .  

The question was like asking, "Do you agree with gravity?" 

If you answer "No", you are FRACTALLY WRONG !! 

3 hours ago, Willin' said:

Democratic Mainstay... and I thought I tilted right.

In comparison with the rest of the world you do - that thing didn't factor in the right skew of American politics.