RORC Transatlantic Race.. 8 Jan

36 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Are TP52s "normal boats"?  There are a lot of them. 

Because they will be running a forgiving ocean-cut assym kite like an A2.5 and jibing through 80° or so and leaving the squared back pole people in the spray.

Aren't J-109s and such "normal boats?  Assym all the way.

My boat carries both Assm and sym, with a cross-over to the deeper sym at about 12 knots true in flat water. but if there are waves to play, the bow comes up.  

Many boats sail with a pole when they anticipate deep running 

995101E7-E65B-42B4-AC6E-34463120FFA8.jpeg

A468F1B4-E36D-4177-BA58-D87B1654492C.jpeg

DBBE8982-8D07-4C20-BF9D-3EE2CCC2489A.jpeg

11 hours ago, Keith said:

For those of us that are not on instagram .

What was the issue that they had to stop and repair ?

Thanks

They didn't specifically say other than there was a small amount of water getting into the boat and it affected the electrical system so couldn't use things like winches, they could've kept on going however they thought it was prudent to get things fixed as it was such a new boat. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:36 AM, terrafirma said:

Huge wraps to Comanche for breaking the Race Record FOR A SUB CLASS OF BOAT (Mono) thats another one under her belt. A lot of people said the boat was nothing special for a Mono and a waste of money, well I think this boat is something special and will keep breaking race records let alone beating boats like Skorpios which is 125 feet. Big wraps to Mitch Booth who has stayed with the boat and they broke the Transatlantic Race Record without Stan Honey on board.! :D

Fixed

On 1/16/2022 at 7:36 PM, terrafirma said:

Huge wraps to Comanche for breaking the Race Record thats another one under her belt. A lot of people said the boat was nothing special for a Mono and a waste of money, well I think this boat is something special and will keep breaking race records let alone beating boats like Skorpios which is 125 feet. Big wraps to Mitch Booth who has stayed with the boat and they broke the Transatlantic Race Record without Stan Honey on board.! :D

It's a different race record than the "Transatlantic Race Record" that most people think of.  Which is West to East. This one is East to West. Comanche now has the record in both directions for monohulls. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Captain Jack Sparrow said:

It's a different race record than the "Transatlantic Race Record" that most people think of.  Which is West to East. This one is East to West. Comanche now has the record in both directions for monohulls. 

Yes now the hold the record both ways and to smash the record by 2 days over a 7 day timeframe is incredible if you process that in Maths/Percentages..!

3 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Yes now the hold the record both ways and to smash the record by 2 days over a 7 day timeframe is incredible if you process that in Maths/Percentages..!

So you think Jacko got it wrong?

You seem to have a hard on for that beast, that's understandable, but don't Jack off right in front of us, please.

2 hours ago, vokstar said:

Anyone know what's happenin with Tala? 0 knots boat speed, 0 NM in the last 24 hours? I assume something has gone squiffy with it's tracker? 

It's tracker seemed to be having one yesterday too. Interesting because they're still ranked 2nd on IRC overall with what seems to be a delayed tracker position - is there a possibility they'll appear over the horizon and snatch the overall from Comanche?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NZK said:

It's tracker seemed to be having one yesterday too. Interesting because they're still ranked 2nd on IRC overall with what seems to be a delayed tracker position - is there a possibility they'll appear over the horizon and snatch the overall from Comanche?

Their tracker has been dodgy for days, it makes me think they’re phoning in their position once a day. Phosphorus I think could be doing the same 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, JL92S said:

Their tracker has been dodgy for days, it makes me think they’re phoning in their position once a day. Phosphorus I think could be doing the same 

Cheers for that, I wonder if on the YB tracker there isn't a way to edit direction and what not, but they can edit the position via reported position. trackers *edit* can be *edit* a nightmare.... I gave up on the Syd to Hobart one. 

go the Scarlet!

16 minutes ago, JL92S said:

Glad I’m not the only one supporting Scarlet

I did a Heineken Regatta with Ross a few years ago. Fun boat to race on.

• Like 1