Garmin buys Vesper

• 2 months later...

I was impressed by the Vesper VHS and AIS solution. Added the radio to my shopping list this spring.

If purchased by Garmin - this is a no go for me. As a past Nexus Marine customer, Garmin killed that product range. Making it impossible to get spare parts and service even during the warranty period. With Garmin as owner of Vesper - there will be many disappointed Vesper owners out there. Sorry - this is bad news.

No Garmin product will enter my yacht.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Mogle said:

I was impressed by the Vesper VHS and AIS solution. Added the radio to my shopping list this spring.

If purchased by Garmin - this is a no go for me. As a past Nexus Marine customer, Garmin killed that product range. Making it impossible to get spare parts and service even during the warranty period. With Garmin as owner of Vesper - there will be many disappointed Vesper owners out there. Sorry - this is bad news.

No Garmin product will enter my yacht.

Not to mention that Defender stocks Vesper and long ago vowed never to stock Garmin, even hand-helds for which there is no competition.

Yeah, Piaggio bought Vespa years ago. But unlike Garmin's typical behavior, they improved the product. I've got one, and ride it sometimes. I don't even care that it looks like "an old woman sitting on a commode". 

13 hours ago, Elegua said:

Crap. Bought a Vesper 12 months ago. Very nice gear. Very good software. 

I am glad to hear that Vesper Marine got good products. I was very close to order their VHS radio plus one additional handset. The problem is Garmin, not Vesper Marine.