I didn't see this one coming:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-2024-comeback-president-biden-harris-democrat-nominee-race-2022-midterm-loss-11641914951?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

And considering it's a WSJ editorial, maybe it's tongue in "chic" schadenfreude?  Is there still a large contingent of just-don't-like-her types, who did her in and left us with Trump?

The Dems lack charisma with the present president and vp, but is Hillary the right tool for the job?

1 hour ago, nolatom said:

I didn't see this one coming:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-2024-comeback-president-biden-harris-democrat-nominee-race-2022-midterm-loss-11641914951?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

And considering it's a WSJ editorial, maybe it's tongue in "chic" schadenfreude?  Is there still a large contingent of just-don't-like-her types, who did her in and left us with Trump?

The Dems lack charisma with the present president and vp, but is Hillary the right tool for the job?

Good morning.

https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/220037-maybe-storming-the-capitol-wasnt-such-a-good-idea/&do=findComment&comment=7786289

If not Hillary or Biden then who? Harris is a non starter. Sanders & Warren are too old and too liberal. Buttigieg is good on his feet and quick witted but has obvious negative. Dems don't look very good on the depth chart. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/12/18/non-biden-democrats-president-2024-ranked/ 

Going back in time?  lol  

All In by Billie Jean King review – game, set and match | Sport and leisure  books | The Guardian

4 hours ago, Hard On The Wind said:

If not Hillary or Biden then who? Harris is a non starter. Sanders & Warren are too old and too liberal. Buttigieg is good on his feet and quick witted but has obvious negative. Dems don't look very good on the depth chart. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/12/18/non-biden-democrats-president-2024-ranked/ 

Gavin Newsom

• Like 1

I guess it's a slow news day. I'll note that Rand Paul who ran for the libertarian Republican nomination in 2016 is out calling for Fauci to be fired. And Republicans are complaining about Hillary.

image.png.99e387232d99e6d3f516b271b45c43b2.png

5 hours ago, Hard On The Wind said:

I'll settle for a halfway sane candidate that actually does policy. 

Those critters no longer exist on the GOPPER Riech . . 

which is why I call them that, among other reasons. 

It won't be Hillary, it won't be Newsome.... It might be Harris, but I doubt it.

Someone who's flying just under the radar right now..... Late 40s early 50s, man or woman, black, white, or hispanic.....

It needs to be someone who can push Bitch McConnel in his flabby face and say "Sit down, and shut the fuck up! You old obstructionist asshole!"

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

It won't be Hillary, it won't be Newsome.... It might be Harris, but I doubt it.

Someone who's flying just under the radar right now..... Late 40s early 50s, man or woman, black, white, or hispanic.....

It needs to be someone who can push Bitch McConnel in his flabby face and say "Sit down, and shut the fuck up! You old obstructionist asshole!"

Cory Booker, Julian Castro, Gretchen Whitmer, there are others

20 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

SA'x owen Scot hase beene cleareng hisse calendar and disstensing hisselfe frome controversey............               :)

The time has never been more ripe...

On 9/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, Lochnerian Tom said:

The original Sailing Anarchy SuperPAC thread has been archived but the idea continues to be amusing to me.

I still think Snaggs should be our Director of Communications.

But can we still use the name?

51 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

SA'x owen Scot hase beene cleareng hisse calendar and disstensing hisselfe frome controversey............               :)

A search of his browsing history would put him out of contention.

4 hours ago, 00seven said:
5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

A search of his browsing history would put him out of contention.

A goode PR teame cane macke that go awaye, mabey even a alterniattieve browseng historrey.  Thick of it..... US Sailleng becomeng parte of 'teh cabinette' witha EDOTUS appointtmentte..........       boggelles the minde.  Hese gonna neede us helpeng hime.                     :)

15 hours ago, Hard On The Wind said:

340 million people and you can't find a decent young (ger) candidate or two?

I think your problem is that freedom thing.

Freedom to hate everyone for something, and if you didn't hate candidate X to start with, their own party will surely point out why you should in the primaries.

Mad.

If you had any doubt that Biden is a failed president and Kamala isn’t the heir apparent,  this discussion by his supporters proves it.  The guy is in his first year and his replacement is already being discussed by the press and his own party.  

24 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Freedom to hate everyone for something, and if you didn't hate candidate X to start with, their own party will surely point out why you should in the primaries.

Mad.

I’ll take that freedom thing.  

Hillary.  Pelosi.  Grassley.  Schumer.  McConnell. et al. 

At some point we baby boomers need to step aside and let our children's generation take the helm.  Kinda like our parents did for us.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ShortForBob said:

Mad.

I can't find anything to argue against here, Mel. Ya know I would if I could.

38 minutes ago, The Joker said:

If you had any doubt that Biden is a failed president and Kamala isn’t the heir apparent,  this discussion by his supporters proves it.  The guy is in his first year and his replacement is already being discussed by the press and his own party.  

Just an extension of the convo prior to the election. Nutin to see here.

50 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I would still take this every day of the week over a President with unwavering support from minions who hang on his every word, live in fear of offending him, and won't even dare admit that he fucking lost.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, benwynn said:
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

I would still take this every day of the week over a President with unwavering support from minions who hang on his every word, live in fear of offending him, and won't even dare admit that he fucking lost.

If you have any doubt of the complete seperation between reality and Republicans, read a couple of Mr Joke posts and be content

- DSK

45 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Sure thing.  The difference is one is out of office one still has 75% of his term left.

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Sure thing.  The difference is one is out of office one still has 75% of his term left.

Another difference is that one is the actual President,and is doing the job. The other was just Grifter-In-Chief, rage-tweeting from the potty and playing golf and trying to jam taxpayer dollars in his pocket (and still losing money, apparently... genius businessman!)

- DSK

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

And he is still raging about his loss. Have a listen to this NPR interview with Trump. He rage quits because Steve Inskeep isn't kissing his ass.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/1072176709/transcript-full-npr-interview-former-president-donald-trump

But yeah, Biden's a failure.

35 minutes ago, βhyde said:

And he is still raging about his loss. Have a listen to this NPR interview with Trump. He rage quits because Steve Inskeep isn't kissing his ass.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/1072176709/transcript-full-npr-interview-former-president-donald-trump

And Hilary used email, Obama wore a tan suit, and, of course, BENGHAZI!!!

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

And that difference is totally recognized in my post.

If I was served a bowl of shit yesterday, and today am served a steak. I can say I would take a steak over a bowl of shit any day.  You telling me the difference is that the bowl of shit is no longer in front of me, and that I am only 25% into my steak, isn't all that relevant to me. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

And Hilary used email, Obama wore a tan suit, and, of course, BENGHAZI!!!

Tom doesn't get distracted by those nontroversies. He concentrates on important matters like Fast + Furious, the gunwalking program started during W the Stupid's reign of dumbness as Operation Wide Receiver but which was perfected by the coke snorting Kenyan usurper. Tom concentrates on the important stuff.

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

That's an interesting comment. It shows the mindset of a partisan. If you want "your guy" you have to love whatever they do.

I'm a bit pissed that we STILL have testing shortages. WTF? Come on Joe.

That doesn't mean I think Joe is doing a shit job, just that, at least here, they need to do better.

And the Voting Rights Act, and the BBB bill. Come on Joe.

And that difference is totally recognized in my post.

If I was served a bowl of shit yesterday, and today am served a steak. I can say I would take a steak over a bowl of shit any day.  You telling me the difference is that the bowl of shit is no longer in front of me, and that I am only 25% into my steak, isn't all that relevant to me. 

What  is being shown by the press and others talking about replacing Biden is that you and the country are eating a second bowl of shit.  But because it is flavored with D spices instead of R spices you are willing to overlook the taste. 
If it was truly steak being offered the conversation would not be taking place. 

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

What  is being shown by the press and others talking about replacing Biden is that you and the country are eating a second bowl of shit.  But because it is flavored with D spices instead of R spices you are willing to overlook the taste. 

Huh?

I thought you said Biden was a complete and total failure, now he's just the same shit stew as the Trumpublican rulership with a slightly different flavoring?

Your baby-eating lizard overlords will not be pleased with you for this. Next you'll be saying the Jan 6th guys were terrorists

- DSK

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Can we talk some policy ?? Can you contrast the performance of the CFPB under the two administrations ?? 

Answer: No you cannot do that because your immature political consciousness can only focus on personalities and parties. 

To put it another way, you are an authoritarian follower who durst not think for himself. 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

What is being shown by the press and others talking about replacing Biden is that you and the country are eating a second bowl of shit.  But because it is flavored with D spices instead of R spices you are willing to overlook the taste. 

It is a shitty steak.  It's one of the shittier steaks I have had in a while.  But it is not a bowl of shit.  

In your spices analogy you seem to be suggesting that the only difference is party ideology.   I think there are far greater differences with far greater impact.  The current guy is senile, and the last guy was a fucking lunatic.  At least the current guy has some caretakers. 

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Only Republicans think like this ^^^^ Independent media is not a threat to Democrats or free thinkers.

4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It is a shitty steak.  It's one of the shittier steaks I have had in a while.  But it is not a bowl of shit.  

In your spices analogy you seem to be suggesting that the only difference is party ideology.   I think there are far greater differences with far greater impact.  The current guy is senile, and the last guy was a fucking lunatic.  At least the current guy has some caretakers. 

Senile is probably too much, but past his use-by date for sure. For most of us, he was always a 1-term guy once nominated. He would like to be a 2-termer, because of course he does. Or at least says he does, as lame-ducks get even less done.

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

The type of spices certainly makes it more or less acceptable to each persons pallet.   I agree the impact is certainly being felt.  Highest inflation in 40 years. But throw some A1 on it and you can pretend it’s Kobe. 

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Only Republicans think like this ^^^^ Independent media is not a threat to Democrats or free thinkers.

It’s a far cry from an independent media and of course it’s not a threat to like minded people.  If a Republican President was as out of touch as Joe is, the calls for the 25th would be constant and across all spectrums. 

It needs to be repeated daily in these parts but ... Thank you, President Biden for getting us the fuck out of Afghanistan.

I'll take Biden for a second term over anything the Republicans have on offer. He is an extremely decent person and as someone who leans more progressive, he's been surprising. Nominating Lina Khan to chair the FTC was an inspired choice.

Of course Comrade Jokov is invited to offer up his preferred candidates with much comedy to ensue. I'm pretty sure it would start with Shit and end with stain, except that I'm not expecting him to be so honest.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

It needs to be repeated daily in these parts but ... Thank you, President Biden for getting us the fuck out of Afghanistan.

I'll take Biden for a second term over anything the Republicans have on offer. He an extremely decent person and as someone who leans more progressive, he's been surprising. Nominating Lina Khan to chair the FTC was an inspired choice.

Of course Comrade Jokov is invited to offer up his preferred candidates with much comedy to ensue.

Well, yes, if it's Biden vs. another bowl of shit, I'll vote for Uncle Joe too.

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It’s a far cry from an independent media and of course it’s not a threat to like minded people.  If a Republican President was as out of touch as Joe is, the calls for the 25th would be constant and across all spectrums. 

So how come they were not?

30 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Answer: No you cannot do that because your immature political consciousness can only focus on personalities and parties. 

Self cite alert - 

In case you are wondering, according to my theorizing (original I think, but not sure) there are three levels of political maturity.  

The lowest and least mature are those who focus on the personalities of politicians; this is known as "personalismo" in Latin America, which google explains this way, "the practice of glorifying a single leader, with the resulting subordination of the interests of political parties and ideologies and of constitutional government."  

The next level consists of people who identify and follow political parties or organizations. They are loyal foot soldiers, and will go along with the party leadership in almost all situations. 

The third and most mature level of political understanding consists of people who focus on policy. Whether it be taxes, war and peace, education, or any other political issue, they will look at the policy first. They will study it and develop ideas for how the issue might best be addressed, and then they will seek out political actors who share those ideas and support them. 

Suggestions ?? Comments (other than from trolls) ?? 

I'm gonna do an Op-ed on this, after I finish the one on Critical Race Theory that I am working on now. 

Lemme see... Policy? Oh yeah, we have a policy guy and I, for one am eager to read your every word. Indeed I think I speak for everyone here in saying we appreciate the advance notice! Few brag about stuff they'll do in the future. 

8 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Doug Schoen is spewing this bullshit. It isn’t the first time. Just more bullshit for bullshitters, because bullshit pays well. 

He probably just earned the wsj Click-Hits Of The Month Award.  All you have to do is mention Hillary and the yahoos go ape. 

2 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Hillary would be 37 on Inauguration Day.  It is difficult to tell whether she is an R or a D but she absolutely is not a Trumpster 

B29D2848-B12B-47C8-8F6D-8A18FCC445C8.jpeg

Translation:

"We'll help you feel bad about your body even though there's nothing at all wrong with it!"

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

Self cite alert - 

In case you are wondering, according to my theorizing (original I think, but not sure) there are three levels of political maturity.  

The lowest and least mature are those who focus on the personalities of politicians; this is known as "personalismo" in Latin America, which google explains this way, "the practice of glorifying a single leader, with the resulting subordination of the interests of political parties and ideologies and of constitutional government."  

The next level consists of people who identify and follow political parties or organizations. They are loyal foot soldiers, and will go along with the party leadership in almost all situations. 

The third and most mature level of political understanding consists of people who focus on policy. Whether it be taxes, war and peace, education, or any other political issue, they will look at the policy first. They will study it and develop ideas for how the issue might best be addressed, and then they will seek out political actors who share those ideas and support them. 

Suggestions ?? Comments (other than from trolls) ?? 

I'm gonna do an Op-ed on this, after I finish the one on Critical Race Theory that I am working on now. 

I'm considering glorifying you, with the resulting subordination of interests in your position. 

That being said, do I still have to read your upcoming Op-eds?

4 hours ago, βhyde said:

He was never intended to be anything but a place keeper.... and a dedicated  bankster lobbyist.

2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I agree with that completely.

I've made my suggestions elsewhere about how to ameliorate the suffering of the Afghani people but we needed to go.  I'm glad Biden completed that task.

I'll take Biden for a second term over anything the Republicans have on offer. He is an extremely decent person and as someone who leans more progressive, he's been surprising. Nominating Lina Khan to chair the FTC was an inspired choice.

Of course Comrade Jokov is invited to offer up his preferred candidates with much comedy to ensue. I'm pretty sure it would start with Shit and end with stain, except that I'm not expecting him to be so honest.

Quite happy to have our troops out of Afghanistan. If getting out was easy one of he earlier guys would have done more than talk about it. 

It was fairly a joint project between Trump and Biden. The one good thing about Trump is his accountant's soul recognized the region as a loss-center. He's seen a lot of those in his career. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nolatom said:
3 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Hillary would be 37 on Inauguration Day.  It is difficult to tell whether she is an R or a D but she absolutely is not a Trumpster 

B29D2848-B12B-47C8-8F6D-8A18FCC445C8.jpeg

Expand  

Expand  

Translation:

"We'll help you feel bad about your body even though there's nothing at all wrong with it!"

Zackly. That magazine and all like it, really suck

- DSK

18 minutes ago, Mark K said:

It was fairly a joint project between Trump and Biden. The one good thing about Trump is his accountant's soul recognized the region as a loss-center. He's seen a lot of those in his career. 

I’m surprised you’re not sharing the credit for this great success with Obama and Bush as well. I don’t recall the media raising their hosannas to Biden’s predecessors during the colossal fucktastrophe, the worst in American history, that the relatively orderly exit from Kabul was.

Biden was against staying ... in 2009. Biden paid the political price then and now. Shitstain whinged and did nothing. I also think you’re making the mistake of taking something Shitstain says at face value.

BTW, W the Stupid did the same non-withdrawal withdrawal in 2008.

Just now, Olsonist said:

I’m surprised you’re not sharing the credit for this great success with Obama and Bush as well. I don’t recall the media raising their hosannas to Biden’s predecessors during the colossal fucktastrophe, the worst in American history, that the relatively orderly exit from Kabul was.

Biden was against staying ... in 2009. Biden paid the political price then and now. Shitstain whinged and did nothing.

Obama did the surge, and against Biden's recommendation. How can Obama get credit?  

Trump promised the Taliban to be out of there by a certain date and excluded the government of Afghanistan from the negotiation.  The condition was they didn't fuck with us as we left overmuch. And the talibs largely abided by that, they were as shocked as everybody else was when they found themselves in charge of Kabul before we had fully loaded up. They expected the government to put of some kind of a fight for Kabul, and perhaps they were right about that, but the troops knew it was hopeless, and the moment the talibs started setting up shop outside the city the troops who didn't join the talibs ran.       

That being said, do I still have to read your upcoming Op-eds?

They are not to be missed !!  Unless you want to. It is of course up to you. 

Comments and critiques are always welcome, 

except for the ones made by threatening trolls. 

20 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Tom doesn't get distracted by those nontroversies. He concentrates on important matters like Fast + Furious, the gunwalking program started during W the Stupid's reign of dumbness as Operation Wide Receiver but which was perfected by the coke snorting Kenyan usurper. Tom concentrates on the important stuff.

When considering the TeamD nominee for 2024, as with every other issue, it is important to note that I sometimes say bad things about TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs, so thanks for bringing that into the discussion.

16 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Comments and critiques are always welcome, 

except for the ones made by threatening trolls. 

Are you being threatened AJ? Being stalked and trolled? Picked on and bullied? Just not getting the respect you feel you deserve? Reasonable folks poking fun? Couldn't get laid in a woman's prison?

How does it make you feel?

Peanuts | Lucy & the Doctor Is In Beverage Coaster | Zazzle.com

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Are you being threatened AJ?

You gotta be the crazy mean uncle at Thanksgiving. 

They prolly don't invite you. 

Are you being threatened AJ? Being stalked and trolled? Picked on and bullied? Just not getting the respect you feel you deserve? Reasonable folks poking fun? Couldn't get laid in a women's prison? How does it make you feel?

atlas-top-half.jpg

21 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I'm calling this a win AJ. 

Sure you are - 

Looks like you have been teaching your lil' sidekick tollistas 

everything you know about reading comprehension, 

I almost feel sorry for them. 

But not very much. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 9:10 AM, Jules said:

Hillary.  Pelosi.  Grassley.  Schumer.  McConnell. et al. 

At some point we baby boomers need to step aside and let our children's generation take the helm.  Kinda like our parents did for us.

Those guys are not even boomers - they are too old for that moniker.

• Like 2