Voting Rights- Biden seems to be finally getting Mad

14 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The idea you can't give a bottle of water to a person in line to vote if there is another voter within 25 feet is absurd.

When was the last time you stood in a line in which everyone was spaced 25 feet?  Give me a fucking break.

People won't even respect the recommendation of 6 feet to reduce COVID transmission.  25?  Ha!

It makes perfect sense - to avoid solicitation  no one is allowed to pass out goodies near a polling place.  
   What part of self service water stations is inhumane? 

28 minutes ago, Mark K said:

That article is political crap 

the modern  postal service uses its funds to create infrastructure to distribute packages , not letters 

20 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It makes perfect sense - to avoid solicitation  no one is allowed to pass out goodies near a polling place.  
   What part of self service water stations is inhumane? 

If the intent is to avoid solicitation, why not simply make solicitation illegal?

OR just have universal mail-in (or drop-off boxes) voting and avoid solicitation in lines altogether.

Methinks you're looking for problems to justify the 'solution'.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VhmSays said:

You can do your banking and other financial transactions on your phone. The device is tied to you, register it, use 2f authentication to vote. Participation will go up and people will be more involved and better informed if all the details on what and who is provided via an app. 

Move into the 21st century.

Wouldn't this disenfranchise voters who don't have or can't afford smart phones? You're suggesting requiring voters to buy phones and pay the monthly charges in able to exercise the right to vote.

3 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

If the intent is to avoid solicitation, why not simply make solicitation illegal?

OR just have universal mail-in (or drop-off boxes) voting and avoid solicitation in lines altogether.

Methinks you're looking for problems to justify the 'solution'.

States hold elections , not the federal government 

there can be no such thing as universal voting laws 

each state, thru it’s citizens ,  decides how best to organize and run  elections 

2 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Wouldn't this disenfranchise voters who don't have or can't afford smart phones? You're suggesting requiring voters to buy phones and pay the monthly charges in able to exercise the right to vote.

If it was the only way to vote, yes. As another way to vote it makes perfect sense.

• Like 3
Just now, slug zitski said:

each state, thru it’s citizens ,  decides how best to organize and run  elections 

Bullshit.

7 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

fuck, you're dumb. 

6 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

We know what you really want is the end of presidential direct voting all-together, as the state legislature knows better. Just like the Founders intended.

9 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Good, well reasoned argument there, Zits.

"[T]here can be no such thing as universal voting laws" because . . . reasons.

(Oops, do I need purple?)

20 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

That article is political crap 

the modern  postal service uses its funds to create infrastructure to distribute packages , not letters 

OK, bullshitter. 

• Like 1

“Sens. Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin defend filibuster, likely crushing Biden's hopes of passing voting rights bill”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/01/13/joe-biden-senate-democrats-voting-rights-legislation/6510371001/

There goes the ball game

On 1/12/2022 at 4:09 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

He is just defining the teams. He knows the battle is done for now. There is no way this gets past Sens. Manchin and Sinema. That would require a rule change at a minimum. They were fine with that for raising the debt ceiling because the Best Americans fortunes could be damaged by a default, but their strongly and deeply held principles will not allow them to facilitate a change to protect the rights of people who bust their ass for a living. 

Voting rights legislation doesn’t benefit rich people. Nothing passes the Senate that doesn’t benefit rich people. Biden knows this. Everybody does. 

Reminds of the anti-lynching law. Been trying to get that past the Senate for 100 years. Consistently blocked in the Senate by southern Senators, most recently by Rand Paul. Nevertheless people had to keep pushing for it even though they knew, in a country like this one, it could never survive Senate rules.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/19/senate-passes-anti-lynching-bill/?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_id=chacka&utm_campaign=TWT+-+DSA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIycTG4OCv9QIVGiitBh2wNApbEAMYASAAEgLdkPD_BwE

Finally got it passed. After more than a century of failed attempts, the Senate on Wednesday unanimously approved legislation making mob lynching a federal civil rights crime.

35 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Dickhead, your knowledge of the big C is pretty limited.

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

5 hours ago, The Joker said:

Because plenty of changes were made during the Covid crisis...

That's another lie

The "election change" during covid was that Trump lost and as usual Republicans screamed fraud and tried to get it thrown out. All the way up to actually breaking into the Capitol by force. Plenty of other Republicans won, why were those elections not challenged or claimed to be fraudulent or "plenty of changes" etc etc

- DSK

20 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Dickhead, your knowledge of the big C is pretty limited.

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

While Congress has the explicit authority under the Elections Clause to regulate the times, places, and manner of congressional elections, with respect to presidential elections, Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 simply provides that the “Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.” At the time of the Constitution’s adoption in 1787, general elections for President were not contemplated.32 The Constitution provides, instead, for the election of the President by electors appointed by each state.33 The state legislatures are empowered to direct the manner in which the electors shall be appointed,34 and all 50 states and the District of Columbia, in turn, currently provide that presidential electors be elected by popular vote.

5 hours ago, The Joker said:
6 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

There has NEVER been any "mass mailing of unsolicited absentee ballots" in any US state. That is a total RWNJ fantasy

More lies from Steam liar. 21% of all voters 

0DAD50DB-6355-4F0D-9AB7-62A0EAB011DE.jpeg

Uh huh

Where's the part that says "mass mailing of unsolicited absentee ballots"

Keep calling me a liar while posting stuff that proves me correct. You're real smart that way, gets you lotsa respect, si si mucho respecto

- DSK

55 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

6355E188-B63B-4E23-A2F1-9A498881E124.jpeg

I'd wipe my ass with this if that's all there was within reach. 'amendments' can be amended, which is much more than can be said of moral absolutes, for example.

standardize national elections, otherwise (right-wing) assholes move the goalposts and it becomes a chaotic shitstorm lacking consistency, and thus relevancy. 

you wanna' cheat, check yourself or get the fuck out.

31 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

While Congress has the explicit authority under the Elections Clause to regulate the times, places, and manner of congressional elections, with respect to presidential elections, Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 simply provides that the “Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.” At the time of the Constitution’s adoption in 1787, general elections for President were not contemplated.32 The Constitution provides, instead, for the election of the President by electors appointed by each state.33 The state legislatures are empowered to direct the manner in which the electors shall be appointed,34 and all 50 states and the District of Columbia, in turn, currently provide that presidential electors be elected by popular vote.

this archaic fuckery isn't the 'loophole' you want it to be.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Uh huh

Where's the part that says "mass mailing of unsolicited absentee ballots"

Keep calling me a liar while posting stuff that proves me correct. You're real smart that way, gets you lotsa respect, si si mucho respecto

- DSK

Philly posted the info that you lied as usual.  Ballots are mailed out to all registered voters in CA just to name one state were it happened.  You claimed mass ballots were NEVER mailed. 

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Just good unarmed patriots, right bullshitters?

EE9B877F-7AD0-46C5-9BE5-0B139AE6F7EA.png

EFCBB76F-3FBE-48FE-8E82-01FC065AF056.jpeg

I had heard their communications had been encrypted. Impossible for the NSA to bust. 

Whoopsies... 

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's another lie

The "election change" during covid was that Trump lost and as usual Republicans screamed fraud and tried to get it thrown out. All the way up to actually breaking into the Capitol by force. Plenty of other Republicans won, why were those elections not challenged or claimed to be fraudulent or "plenty of changes" etc etc

- DSK

Are you seriously trying to say that there were no changes to voting procedures because of COVID?

You can’t be that stupid.  

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Philly posted the info that you lied as usual.  Ballots are mailed out to all registered voters in CA just to name one state were it happened.  You claimed mass ballots were NEVER mailed. 

Are you intentionally leaving out the word, "unsolicited"?

Ballots are mailed out to all registered voters. So what? Everyone has an equal opportunity to vote?

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Are you seriously trying to say that there were no changes to voting procedures because of COVID?

You can’t be that stupid.  

that's right petty clown, mire all this down in petty bullshit.

fundamentally speaking, you're in the wrong here (as is virtually always the case), why don't you stfu.

2 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Are you intentionally leaving out the word, "unsolicited"?

Ballots are mailed out to all registered voters. So what? Everyone has an equal opportunity to vote?

Not at all I agree that all registered voters received unsolicited ballots in multiple states including CA.  Are we on the same page with that? 

6 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

that's right petty clown, mire all this down in petty bullshit.

fundamentally speaking, you're in the wrong here (as is virtually always the case), why don't you stfu.

So you are as stupid as Steam Liar in claiming no changes to voting were made because of Covid in 2020?  

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So you are as stupid as Steam Liar in claiming no changes to voting were made because of Covid in 2020?  

yea, I'm stupid, I don't give a shit about mere trivialities when you dirty fuckers are trying to steal elections and kill a democratic process because you're an increasingly invalid minority. I'm dumb like that.

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not at all I agree that all registered voters received unsolicited ballots in multiple states including CA.  Are we on the same page with that? 

Huh?

I receive my ballots via mail. I am a registered voter. All registered voters in my state receive ballots via mail. I don't request one for each election because it's automatic. If you're really interested in mincing words, I "solicited" the ballots when I registered to vote. So my state does voting by mail and sends out zero unsolicited ballots.

I guess, no. We're not on the same page.

Just now, 3to1 said:

yea, I'm stupid, I don't give a shit about mere details when you dirty fuckers are trying to steal elections and kill a democratic process because you're an increasingly invalid minority. I'm dumb like that.

Living in that fantasy world.  This invalid minority is going to take control of congress in about a year.   We already control a majority of state legislatures.  The leader of the democrats is polling lower than Trump after 1/6.   Hispanics are moving to the GOP in record numbers and the African American community is getting tired of getting nothing for their vote.  Stacy Abrams along with a bunch of voter reform people just blew Biden off in their own state.   Even Democrats balked at Biden’s speech labeling everyone not supporting his bill a racist.  He is so stupid that the people he used as examples of who not to stand with were all democrats.  Ok Joe I agree stand with the republicans. 

5 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

Huh?

I receive my ballots via mail. I am a registered voter. All registered voters in my state receive ballots via mail. I don't request one for each election because it's automatic. If you're really interested in mincing words, I "solicited" the ballots when I registered to vote. So my state does voting by mail and sends out zero unsolicited ballots.

I guess, no. We're not on the same page.

Of course they were not solicited if you are registered to vote you receive a ballot. But according to Steam that has never happened  

Steam Liar:

There has NEVER been any "mass mailing of unsolicited absentee ballots" in any US state. That is a total RWNJ fantasy

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Living in that fantasy world.  This invalid minority is going to take control of congress in about a year.   We already control a majority of state legislatures.  The leader of the democrats is polling lower than Trump after 1/6.   Hispanics are moving to the GOP in record numbers and the African American community is getting tired of getting nothing for their vote.  Stacy Abrams along with a bunch of voter reform people just blew Biden off in their own state.   Even Democrats balked at Biden’s speech labeling everyone not supporting his bill a racist.  He is so stupid that the people he used as examples of who not to stand with were all democrats.  Ok Joe I agree stand with the republicans. 

here's a challenge for you vacuous right-wing pos's; try to achieve your political objectives without cheating/bullshitting. 

can't do it? ahh...

7 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

here's a challenge for you vacuous right-wing pos's; try to achieve your political objectives without cheating/bullshitting. 

can't do it? ahh...

There is no cheating going on that’s been proven over and over.  As to bullshitting are you claiming Trump is correct about election fraud?  

Just now, The Joker said:

There is no cheating going on that’s been proven over and over.  As to bullshitting are you claiming Trump is correct about election fraud?  

that's just more bullshit, jerker, it's what you do. lame as fuck.

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Of course they were not solicited if you are registered to vote you receive a ballot. But according to Steam that has never happened  

Steam Liar:

There has NEVER been any "mass mailing of unsolicited absentee ballots" in any US state. That is a total RWNJ fantasy

As I said above, registering to vote in a mail-in ballot state amounts to solicitation of a ballot. I mean, why would I register to vote if I didn't want a ballot mailed to me in a state where all ballots are mailed to all voters?

How on earth would one solicit a ballot in a state where all ballots are mailed to all voters? That's just silly.

2 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

that's just more bullshit, jerker, it's what you do. lame as fuck.

Jerkoff doesn’t understand that cheating takes place in more places than just the voting booth

Sadly, I'm afraid that Biden getting a little bit tough, a lot too late, will hurt him more than help.

31 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

can't do it? ahh...

They are so addicted to bullshit that they are stepping away from the debates.  Evidently getting CALLED on your bullshit by the commentators is just a little to difficult to deal with.

7 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

They are so addicted to bullshit that they are stepping away from the debates.  Evidently getting CALLED on your bullshit by the commentators is just a little to difficult to deal with.

saw that today. I'm not 'shocked', because there's no bottom.

29 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Jerkoff doesn’t understand that cheating takes place in more places than just the voting booth

jerker understands it, he just wants to see hell on earth. jerker sucks.

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

There is no cheating going on that’s been proven over and over.  

"I need you to find me 10,782 votes"

"I'm going to need you do do me a favor and find dirt on Biden! I wouldn't want anything bad to a happen to your US military aid...

5 forged state elector letters

But there were 60(?)+ court cases and several audits that DID NOT prove 2020 election fraud! So, you are right, no cheating happened by the Dems!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

“We”?  You make clear your membership on Team Trump, with that slip. 

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Reading comprehension problem?

Go look what I said, which is the common RWNJ claim: UNSOLICITED MASS mailing.

Think hard... how is that different from your bullshit claim?

- DSK

10 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Reading comprehension problem?

Go look what I said, which is the common RWNJ claim: UNSOLICITED MASS mailing.

Think hard... how is that different from your bullshit claim?

- DSK

All registered voters will receive ballots in the mail automatically without any request from the voter.  That is exactly what unsolicited means.  You really are as stupid as you sound.  

All registered voters will receive ballots in the mail automatically without any request from the voter.  That is exactly what unsolicited means.  You really are as stupid as you sound.  

In states where they do this, BEING A REGISTERED VOTER is a request for a ballot.

You want to re-define "unsolicited" and imply something that isn't happening. This is dishonest.

Is there a problem with sending absentee ballots to registered voters who want them?

- DSK

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

“We”?  You make clear your membership on Team Trump, with that slip. 

It was not a slip it was a factual statement. We as in the GOP/Republicans control a majority of State legislatures, but you knew what I meant.  You  just can’t help playing your gotcha games. 

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

In states where they do this, BEING A REGISTERED VOTER is a request for a ballot.

You want to re-define "unsolicited" and imply something that isn't happening. This is dishonest.

Is there a problem with sending absentee ballots to registered voters who want them?

- DSK

Nice attempt to lie once again.   When the majority of voters, say in CA registered to vote. Ballots were not being mailed out they didn’t expect to receive them by mail.    This is a new procedure.  They didn’t request people re register to receive ballots, they didn’t give anyone the option to opt out of receiving a ballot.  So that’s the definition of unsolicited, but I do enjoy watching you try and wiggle out of another lie.   

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

It was not a slip it was a factual statement. We as in the GOP/Republicans control a majority of State legislatures, but you knew what I meant.  You  just can’t help playing your gotcha games. 

It's not "gotcha".  I just can't help but wonder if you will ever claim to be anything but a Team Trump member.

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nice attempt to lie once again.  ...

Always accusing others of what you do yourself. Please point out the "lie" in my post above.

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

... When the majority of voters, say in CA registered to vote. Ballots were not being mailed out they didn’t expect to receive them by mail. ...

So, you DO have a problem with a state following it's own laws, and mailing ballots to registered voters?

And you DON'T have a problem with redefining common words to be misleading about this?

Any registered voter in a state which sends absentee ballots to registered voters has agreed to this. It's not "unsolicited."

This is kind of like the way you insist that no ID is required to vote, when not just ID but proof of address -is- required to register to vote... and you can't vote without being a registered voter.

Maybe it's just too complex for you to understand?

- DSK

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

It's all good, with Manchin and Sinema on your side, you can continue to restrict voting. We don't need a direct presidential vote anyway to know which candidate the electors should vote for in Red states now, do we?

Nice attempt to lie once again.   When the majority of voters, say in CA registered to vote. Ballots were not being mailed out they didn’t expect to receive them by mail.    This is a new procedure.  They didn’t request people re register to receive ballots, they didn’t give anyone the option to opt out of receiving a ballot.  So that’s the definition of unsolicited, but I do enjoy watching you try and wiggle out of another lie.   

Not sure where you vote, but I've been getting my ballot in the mail since 2000 or so.  Might have been earlier. Certainly, each cycle, before the ballot, I get a postcard confirming that I'm registered to vote absentee but I can always go to a polling location if I so choose.  There might be something on there of cancelling absentee if I want but I don't pay that close of attention. 

I'm registered (after proving identification and address) and I vote absentee. It's not that hard (and no little-old-lady volunteer watches me seal my envelope either.)

You guys really are making much ado about nothing. 

20 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Not sure where you vote, but I've been getting my ballot in the mail since 2000 or so.  Might have been earlier. Certainly, each cycle, before the ballot, I get a postcard confirming that I'm registered to vote absentee but I can always go to a polling location if I so choose.  There might be something on there of cancelling absentee if I want but I don't pay that close of attention. 

I'm registered (after proving identification and address) and I vote absentee. It's not that hard (and no little-old-lady volunteer watches me seal my envelope either.)

Not to mention many of them actually avail themselves of absentee/mail-in voting.

It's just shouldn't be available to the wrong kind* of voter.

*Insert whatever descriptor you'd like.

Shut them down 

no unsolicited ballot mailing 

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-nonprofit-with-ties-to-democrats-is-sending-out-millions-of-ballot-applications-election-officials-wish-it-would-stop

“Both Lopach and CVI’s founder, Page Gardner, have deep ties to Democratic politics: Gardner worked on Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign, and Clinton’s former chief of staff, John Podesta, has served on the organization’s board. CVI’s clients include progressive groups like NextGen America, the youth voting organization founded by billionaire and former Democratic presidential nominee Tom Steyer.”

80B00346-EE51-4E12-A904-D297A9B6E340.png

27 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I really don't think you provided identification when you registered to vote. It isn't a requirement in CA.

In CA, it is illegal to illegally register and it is illegal to illegally vote but the requirements to register here are only:

You do not have to provide government issued ID or anything else when you register in CA. You do not have to prove your identity to the satisfaction of the govmint when you vote in person either.

Otherwise, I'm a late adopter of mail-in and now I'm more Catholic than the Pope. It is better in every way than polling stations.

13 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Shut them down 

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-nonprofit-with-ties-to-democrats-is-sending-out-millions-of-ballot-applications-election-officials-wish-it-would-stop

“Both Lopach and CVI’s founder, Page Gardner, have deep ties to Democratic politics: Gardner worked on Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign, and Clinton’s former chief of staff, John Podesta, has served on the organization’s board. CVI’s clients include progressive groups like NextGen America, the youth voting organization founded by billionaire and former Democratic presidential nominee Tom Steyer.”

80B00346-EE51-4E12-A904-D297A9B6E340.png

hahaha

Slug can't tell the difference between a ballot "application" and a ballot.

Poor Sluggo.

Should go back to Gibralter.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I really don't think you provided identification when you registered to vote. It isn't a requirement in CA.

In CA, it is illegal to illegally register and it is illegal to illegally vote but the requirements to register here are only:

You do not have to provide government issued ID or anything else when you register in CA. You do not have to prove your identity to the satisfaction of the govmint when you vote in person either.

Otherwise, I'm a late adopter of mail-in and now I'm more Catholic than the Pope. It is better in every way than polling stations.

It was motor voter, so kinda all blends together.

• Like 1
Just now, Olsonist said:

Also fought tooth+nail by the fascists.

yep.

As one of the elk said above, more voters = blue state.

54 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

Shut them down 

How fucking stupid is Sluggo?

Obviously pretty fucking stupid.

How determined is Sluggo to keep spreading RWNJ lies?

- DSK

51 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It was motor voter, so kinda all blends together.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

And you wonder why some of us think voter ID is important.   The argument is regularly that “well you need ID to register”.  Now you are saying that is not a requirement in CA?   No wonder the Dems want this model across the country. 

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And you wonder why some of us think voter ID is important.   The argument is regularly that “well you need ID to register”.  Now you are saying that is not a requirement in CA?   No wonder the Dems want this model across the country. 

I will refrain from calling this last statement a fucking lie, before giving you a chance to provide some references to the Democratic Party platform of installing the California voting model across the country.

Quoting Cucker Tarlson does not count

- DSK

20 minutes ago, The Joker said:

“ Both bills would overturn state election laws that are critical to securing our elections, outlawing basic safeguards such as voter ID requirements while enabling practices like mass ballot trafficking. These bills would make it easier to cheat in U.S. elections and undermine confidence in the electoral process. “

95686866-EDC1-4385-8E07-745C529ADEF9.jpeg

29 minutes ago, The Joker said:

You don't think voter ID is important. You think voter suppression is important. Utah has roughly the same requirements but you're complaining about CA.

https://voteinfo.utah.gov/learn-about-registering-to-vote/

36 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I wonder to what degree that model reaches into the innards of this particular cuntry? I'll bet it's up to the elbow.

pooty should be neutralized for the greater good.

One of the very few things that the Drumph did not pathologically lie about was . .  

his statement that if everyone voted, the GOP would not win any elections to speak of if many more people voted. 

Here are his actual words (from the Guardian); “The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,”  

The "things" he referred to were reforms such as vote-by-mail, same-day registration and early voting. 

Our local Riech lies though their teeth in asserting that the GOP is not suppressing the vote. 

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

One of the very few things that the Drumph did not pathologically lie about was . .  

his statement that if everyone voted, the GOP would not win any elections to speak of if many more people voted. 

Here are his actual words (from the Guardian); “The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,”  

The "things" he referred to were reforms such as vote-by-mail, same-day registration and early voting. 

Our local Riech lies though their teeth in asserting that the GOP is not suppressing the vote. 

And, exactly how did The Former Guy, his spawn, and his minions vote?

57 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

“ Both bills would overturn state election laws that are critical to securing our elections, outlawing basic safeguards such as voter ID requirements while enabling practices like mass ballot trafficking. These bills would make it easier to cheat in U.S. elections and undermine confidence in the electoral process. “

95686866-EDC1-4385-8E07-745C529ADEF9.jpeg

Pravda? Got a cite for that?

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.d94b21a59dd5844083bb4222e759d44a.png

We live and vote in CT and the only ID's we have both have photos, driver's license, and passport...

What kind of ID does not have a photo??

22 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

We live and vote in CT and the only ID we have both have photos, driver's license, and passport...

What kind of ID does not have a photo??

Social Security card. They also take utility bills which BTW was one of the additional forms of 'ID' I needed to get the CA enhanced driver's license; it was really proof of residence. The interweb sez that CT allows you to vote without ID but that you have to sign an affidavit. In CA, you're basically signing that affidavit when you register to vote.

I got all my papers in order a couple of years ago. Passport up to date, Global Entry (which includes TSA Pre privileges), CA EDL, Social Security card and certified copy of birth certificate. By far the toughest was the EDL. Everything took me about a month, start to finish. Global Entry has an office at SFO and after I got my appt six fucking months out, I just went down on a Sunday morning and waited in line. Done and done.

The Apple Wallet on my iPhone has my vaccination docs + credit cards but eventually it will have EDL as well. I'm a big fan of Apple Wallet.

I guess CBP has an app now. I haven't looked at it yet.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/mobile-passport-control

4 minutes ago, random. said:

a Female Black President!  I hope that happens soon.

that'd be funny as fk. a truly glorious day.

In other news

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas — The Travis County Clerk's Office said that it has rejected about 50% of applications for mail-in ballots due to Senate Bill 1 (SB1), the state's sweeping voting law passed last year.

The clerk's office said the applications it has been rejecting have been for the March 1 primary elections. 

The new law, signed by Gov. Greg Abbott in September, requires that applications for mail-in ballots include the applicant's Driver's License number or the last four digits of their Social Security Number. The number provided is then verified against the applicant's voter registration record and if the number does not match the file, then the law requires the application be rejected.

The clerk's office said it has not received enough information regarding the new online cure process to instruct voters how to cure their applications with the Texas Secretary of State's Office. The office added that is has not received instructions from the State outlining what the office can do to help voters submit a completed application, but is expecting "more comprehensive guidance" from the secretary of state. 

Travis County Clerk Dana DeBeauvoir is set to hold a news conference the morning on Jan. 18 to discuss details of the application rejections. 

Senate Bill 1 was passed during the second special session of the Texas Legislature in 2021. In addition to the new requirements on mail-in voting application, the law bans drive-thru voting and 24-hour voting, creates a criminal penalty for elections officials who send unsolicited mail-in ballot applications and more. 

The U.S. Department of Justice initiated a lawsuit against the state over SB1 back in November, citing the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. More recently, in late December, a Harris County elections administrator and Austin-area voter registrar asked a federal judge to block the SB1 provision prohibiting elections officials from sending unsolicited mail-in ballot applications. 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/half-mail-in-voting-applications-travis-county-rejected-senate-bill-1/269-faed453a-c784-47f2-9b55-c6ed9ce45b4b

18 hours ago, The Joker said:

Let me see if you can grasp this.

There is such a crime as attempted murder.  That is - you TRY to kill someone but fuck it up so bad you can't.

Your boy shitstain did the same thing - except he tried to steal the election.  The issue here is we don't have a crime labeled specifically "Election Stealer".

As such, the republicans, like you, still think nothing wrong was done when he DIRECTED people in his political party to find votes for him.

15 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas — The Travis County Clerk's Office said that it has rejected about 50% of applications for mail-in ballots due to Senate Bill 1 (SB1), the state's sweeping voting law passed last year.

The clerk's office said the applications it has been rejecting have been for the March 1 primary elections. 

The new law, signed by Gov. Greg Abbott in September, requires that applications for mail-in ballots include the applicant's Driver's License number or the last four digits of their Social Security Number. The number provided is then verified against the applicant's voter registration record and if the number does not match the file, then the law requires the application be rejected.

Good catch - now watch our local Riech ignore it while still maintaining that their elk is not engaged in vote suppression . .  

Rght  @The Joker    @slug zitski  ????  

If it were not for bad faith, they would have no faith at all. 

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Let me see if you can grasp this.

There is such a crime as attempted murder.  That is - you TRY to kill someone but fuck it up so bad you can't.

Your boy shitstain did the same thing - except he tried to steal the election.  The issue here is we don't have a crime labeled specifically "Election Stealer".

As such, the republicans, like you, still think nothing wrong was done when he DIRECTED people in his political party to find votes for him, AND STORM THE CAPITOL IN A RIOT!! AND ATTEMPTING TO HANG VP PENCE!

FIFY, M8!

A post from November of last year. He called it. Manchinema got bought big time, and I hope the voters remember. Former supporters of Sinema in Arizona are trying to set up a recall for her, and she deserves every turd that's thrown her way for totally abandoning not just them, but her own sworn principles. 

• Like 1