DeSantis Loves Freedom!

Two front page stories in the local paper today:

• COVID hospitalizations rising, but not deaths

• DeSantis: Freedom is good, COVID mandates, lockdowns are bad

The freedom-loving guv gave his State of the State speech (yeah, we're in a bad state) and said...

"...that he likes teachers, first responders and freedom and he doesn’t like Dr. Anthony Fauci, critical race theory, abortion, illegal immigration and Burmese pythons."

And on that he is running for reelection. 

Really?

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

He could actually do something about the pythons.

Or maybe the pythons could to do something about him.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Not for nothing said:

we'll be allowed to vote?

You already have.  Results to be released in due time.

26 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

From the Florida Fuck Around and Find Out files….  FREEEEEEEEDOM!!! 

Our armed society is definitely a more polite society…now. Tots and pears.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/485132-john-kuczwanski-killed-in-road-rage-incident/

self defense is so hard to figure out: (The Prius driver was not charged)

The sources said the incident began after Kuczwanski’s BMW drifted out of its lane while heading north on Thomasville Road. The BMW hit a white Prius.

Both cars pulled into a parking lot. The driver of the Prius confronted Kuczwanski about hitting him, the sources said. The Prius’ driver got in his car to wait for law enforcement after confronting Kuczwanski. That is when, according to Florida Politics’ sources, Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot.

Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources. The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.

The driver of the Prius then exited their vehicle on the passenger side and took cover not knowing if Kuczwanski was about to fire back.

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The sources said the incident began after Kuczwanski’s BMW drifted out of its lane while heading north on Thomasville Road. The BMW hit a white Prius.

Both cars pulled into a parking lot. The driver of the Prius confronted Kuczwanski about hitting him, the sources said. The Prius’ driver got in his car to wait for law enforcement after confronting Kuczwanski. That is when, according to Florida Politics’ sources, Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot.

Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources. The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.

The driver of the Prius then exited their vehicle on the passenger side and took cover not knowing if Kuczwanski was about to fire back.

One more cretin gone, a sea of them left.

... a little bit of Americana right there

19 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

... a little bit of Americana right there

A BMW guy killed by a Prius guy. The embarrassment….

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Raz'r said:

i find it a little surprising that a Prius guy would be packing. 

13 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Yeah, because if someone rams you and shoots at you, defending yourself with a gun is OK.

Why is that hard to figure out?

And where's the condemnation for the Prius driver stupidly endangering himself and his family by being "with" a gun in the first place?

2 hours ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

Yeah, because if someone rams you and shoots at you, defending yourself with a gun is OK.

Why is that hard to figure out?

And where's the condemnation for the Prius driver stupidly endangering himself and his family by being "with" a gun in the first place?

I was referring to the dead guy standing his ground. Had he killed the Prius guy, assuming Prius guy had his gun out, he wouldn’t have been charged either. Oh, you think Prius guy didn’t have his gun out? Hahaha

duels at dawn is so much easier. Can you get DeathSantis on that please?

17 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

From the Florida Fuck Around and Find Out files….  FREEEEEEEEDOM!!! 

Our armed society is definitely a more polite society…now. Tots and pears.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/485132-john-kuczwanski-killed-in-road-rage-incident/

the comments on that article are pure gold. Floriduh. 

"Rhonda Santis" is a good one

If the bmw driver was the only survivor, he would only have to tell the police the prius driver said he was going back to his prius to get his gun.

And that might have been what the prius driver actually said. And when ramming the prius didn't stop the threat, the bmw had no choice but to open fire in self defense.

7 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

If the bmw driver was the only survivor, he would only have to tell the police the prius driver said he was going back to his prius to get his gun.

And that might have been what the prius driver actually said. And when ramming the prius didn't stop the threat, the bmw had no choice but to open fire in self defense.

Yep. “Fired back” clearly means he had his tool out. Was he waving it around? So many questions.

55 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Yep. “Fired back” clearly means he had his tool out. Was he waving it around? So many questions.

"Drew a gun" sounds like he wasn't the first to wave a dogballs.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

"Drew a gun" sounds like he wasn't the first to wave a dogballs.

Fog of war. There is no deciding "who" is at fault in a SYG situation. Someone will end up dead. Other someone will walk.

30 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Fog of war. There is no deciding "who" is at fault in a SYG situation. Someone will end up dead. Other someone will walk.

Sometimes they both end up dead. I'm not against that, in principle.

9 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I was referring to the dead guy standing his ground. Had he killed the Prius guy, assuming Prius guy had his gun out, he wouldn’t have been charged either. Oh, you think Prius guy didn’t have his gun out? Hahaha

That's what this says. Hahaha. Uh, why is this funny again?

The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.

22 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Thank gawd the BMW guy wasn't driving a Dodge RAM mud truck.... Imagine the disgrace on his family (Back 4 generations, and forever on afterwards).

DeSantis loves freedom like I love Kale.

18 hours ago, bridhb said:
On 1/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, Raz'r said:

i find it a little surprising that a Prius guy would be packing. 

If he was righteous he would have Tasered BMW man, not shot him.

2 hours ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

Why is this funny? Have you become a democrat or something? Give everyone guns and SYG rules, and be surprised at this result? It’s what y’all wanted!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:
5 hours ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

Why is this funny? Have you become a democrat or something? Give everyone guns and SYG rules, and be surprised at this result? It’s what y’all wanted!

It appears that Dogballs has misspelled Pernicious in his latest sock handle.

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It appears that Dogballs has misspelled Pernicious in his latest sock handle.

Newsflash, Dogballs appears to have dementia.  He and Woody are vying for the most unintelligle posts on this site.

21 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

DeSantis loves freedom like I love Kale.

He really does love freedom.  The freedom to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Florida GOP wants to give DeSantis a $1 billion emergency fund that he could use at his discretion

"You're spending a billion dollars of your constituents' money. We don't know where it's going or what it's for.”

Senators revived a proposal Wednesday to create a $1 billion fund that Gov. Ron DeSantis could use at his discretion during emergencies he declares.

The Senate Appropriations Committee backed a pair of bills (SB 96 and SB 98), sponsored by Sen. Danny Burgess, R-Zephyrhills, to set up an “Emergency Preparedness and Response Fund” so the governor wouldn’t have to wait for the Joint Legislative Budget Commission to convene to approve spending.

LINK

Just now, Jules said:

He really does love freedom.  The freedom to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Florida GOP wants to give DeSantis a $1 billion emergency fund that he could use at his discretion

"You're spending a billion dollars of your constituents' money. We don't know where it's going or what it's for.”

Senators revived a proposal Wednesday to create a $1 billion fund that Gov. Ron DeSantis could use at his discretion during emergencies he declares.

The Senate Appropriations Committee backed a pair of bills (SB 96 and SB 98), sponsored by Sen. Danny Burgess, R-Zephyrhills, to set up an “Emergency Preparedness and Response Fund” so the governor wouldn’t have to wait for the Joint Legislative Budget Commission to convene to approve spending.

LINK

Well, aren't they generous with public money. That will pay a lot of bribes to keep Florida Republicans out of the slammer.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Well, aren't they generous with public money. That will pay a lot of bribes to keep Florida Republicans out of the slammer.

That money is going to help DikSantis get reelected then become president.  To him, that's an emergency. 

As to his buddies in the slammer?  "I'll come back and get you later."

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

DeSantis says he regrets not speaking out 'much louder' against Trump's recommendation to stay home

I have to agree with him - Darwin seems to have his targeting down but is just working too slowly and needs all the help he can get.

2 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

DeSantis says he regrets not speaking out 'much louder' against Trump's recommendation to stay home

The race to out-stupid Trump is on.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Raz'r said:

The race to out-stupid Trump is on.

In this case it is strategic stupidity.  Seems to work in Florida.  Hope the rest of the country is more resistant.

DeSatin is the best friend a highly contagious virus could have. Anything to promote spreading disease is good. Anything to prevent disease is bad. He is an evil piece of shit. His supporters are the ones getting the sickist and the ones doing the most the dieing because he happily feeds them the bullshit they want to hear, instead of actually trying to lead them with truth honesty. 

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Now DethSantis is looking at closing COVID test centers.  He learned well from TFG.

That'll stop the pandemic.

18 hours ago, Olsonist said:
Tom will be along shortly to say that is boy Ron is very strongly on the 2A.

When discussing DeSantis' COVID responses, as with every other issue, it's important to recognize that I sometimes say bad things about TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs, so thanks for bringing that into the discussion.

14 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It might be time to cut the Confederacy loose before they fuck up the whole country. Again.

I have a sawzall, where do I start? I think it wouldn't be too hard to cut the moorings to Floriduh and let it float away or sink.

5 minutes ago, bridhb said:

There's a relationship between low intellectual capacity and white superiority.  As white IC goes down, belief in one's superiority rise.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, Blue Crab said:

Take the skin off and think of the sub sandwich possibilities. 

Hell think of the money to be made selling boots made from python skin!!  Ka-ching!

hanging out with criminals may make him love his current freedom more than ever. the last picture hits a republican trifecta. a gay sex coverup, an underage sex coverup and Rhonda Santis helping his constituency die for no reason. 

In 2018 Teens for America First Host a DeSantis Fundraiser; Gaetz Applauds  Sexual Harassment Stance

Gaetz and DeSantis: A friendship that may become a liability - South  Florida Sun-Sentinel

3 hours ago, Jules said:

There's a relationship between low intellectual capacity and white superiority.  As white IC goes down, belief in one's superiority rise.

As Eva Dent.

Nazis.jpg

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Storm Trooper - freshman class

No real army would have them.

Can you imagine a D.I. seeing fatso with the tits getting a recruit bus?

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Yes, "freshe meatte!" woude poppe in hisse minde and then the holle 'steeres an queeres' routine woude startte againe...........              :)

18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I think that's an F.  And probably every dude's nightmare, unless part of the low IC club.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think that's an F.  And probably every dude's nightmare, unless part of the low IC club.

Women can join the military as well....  But, yeah, not my idea of a nice girl.

That's not dementia. That's lying. But more importantly, it's also entertainment for the elk who so need their entertainment. Having been thoroughly entertained, local Elkbertarian Tom will be along shortly to complain about the real problem, TeamD gun grabbers.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Blasts FDA For Halting Drugs Ineffective On Omicron

White House press secretary Jen Psaki noted that it's "crazy" the governor is "still advocating for treatments that don’t work.”

I've lived with dementia (My father). In fact I live with dementia today (my wife). Desantis is nuts, and a liar, but he's not demented. Trump, yes, I would say probably is dealing with some form of dementia.

DeSantis saw what worked for Trump.  He is betting on Trump being tied up in legal matters opening the path for his presidential run and is using the successful Republican play book that just may get him there .  Worse case for him is he is gov of Florida again.

If he wins and runs the country like he is running Florida, especially with a Republican congress, our sort of democracy is over.

36 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

That's not dementia. That's lying. But more importantly, it's also entertainment for the elk who so need their entertainment. Having been thoroughly entertained, local Elkbertarian Tom will be along shortly to complain about the real problem, TeamD gun grabbers.

When considering Desantis, as with any other issue, it's important to recognize that I sometimes say bad things about TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs, so thanks once again for bringing that into the discussion.

I like your  new label. Is "elkbertarian" what you'd call a radical Tea Party guy who voted to impeach Trump, or have you come up with a label for that one yet?

27 minutes ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

When considering Desantis, as with any other issue, it's important to recognize that I sometimes say bad things about TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs, so thanks once again for bringing that into the discussion.

I like your  new label. Is "elkbertarian" what you'd call a radical Tea Party guy who voted to impeach Trump, or have you come up with a label for that one yet?

No, I'd say it's more like a sniveling Republican who didn't, you know, like Rand Paul. But if it helps, they're both anti-choice because ... freedom.

2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Dementia is horrible, my sympathy to Ron DeSantis.

Looks like it's time to move 1984 and Handmaid's Tale to the Non-fiction section...

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Olsonist said:
18 hours ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

No, I'd say it's more like a sniveling Republican who didn't

Well, OK, what do you call a radical Tea Party guy who voted to impeach Trump? A sniveling Republican? That doesn't seem to fit.

24 minutes ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

Well, OK, what do you call a radical Tea Party guy who voted to impeach Trump? A sniveling Republican? That doesn't seem to fit.

Unemployed. What did I win? Why do you act as if there's some legitimacy to the Tea Party? It's as legit as its predecessor, Contract With America. It was a brand for people who need to rep brands. You seem to want to make a big thing about a small thing wrt Amash while ignoring Rand. You seem to want credit for something Amash did.

So I gotta ask, since you're well known for minimizing J6, where were you on your boy Shitstain's impeachment, first and second? I'm not even gonna look. I know where Amash was (and I know where Liz Cheney was too on your boy's first impeachment). Did you vote present like Tulsi? Did you put your Hancock on it or did you put your hand on your cock?

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

So I gotta ask, since you're well known for minimizing J6, where were you on your boy Shitstain's impeachment, first and second? I'm not even gonna look.

Of course you won't look. If you looked, you'd find Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading on both that would support your narrative in the usual way.

16 minutes ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

Of course you won't look. If you looked, you'd find Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading on both that would support your narrative in the usual way.

Yes, I find your Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading to be fairly legalistic. Sol is an actual lawyer and I don't find his opinion on your boy Shitstain to be the least bit legalistic.

So I'm wondering what you thought and said then. And I'm not even going to look. Name dropping Amash now doesn't count for what you said or more likely didn't say then.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Freedom, DeSantis style.

Now wait just a gosh darn minute. Tom's guy is a drug warrior?