Republican party running scared from debates

16 minutes ago, BoatSlut said:

Republican party signals plans to withdraw from US presidential debates

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/13/republican-party-signals-plans-withdraw-presidential-debates

OK, next they are going to withdraw from the election because voters are biased against them, and just declare themselves the winners.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gissie said:

And Joe could? :lol:

Yup. And he can ride a bike and chew gum at the same time..... Let's see your guy do that. (Have a doctor on hand, and maybe a mortician)

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yup. And he can ride a bike and chew gum at the same time..... Let's see your guy do that. (Have a doctor on hand, and maybe a mortician)

I don't have a guy in your shit fight.

Certainly would look forward to the riding a bike and chewing gum trick.

The reality is if Joe and Don were the two best options you guys could come up with, then yes America is exceptional.

Just not in a good way...

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Certainly would look forward to the riding a bike and chewing gum trick.

The reality is if Joe and Don were the two best options you guys could come up with, then yes America is exceptional.

Just not in a good way...

bullshit, I imagine you'd blow a load to someone with donald dump style right-wing anti-policies who wasn't a fkg laughing stock of the global community because he's a cheap gameshow host/'developer'. at least Biden and his party are trying to be assertive for the general good of the cuntry and world.

that's a big distinction.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

bullshit, I imagine you'd blow a load to someone with donald dump style right-wing anti-policies who wasn't a fkg laughing stock of the global community because he's a cheap gameshow host/'developer'. at least Biden and his party are trying to be assertive for the general good of the cuntry and world.

Trying to be assertive?

The president of the USofA is 'trying' to be assertive. You would almost think it would be a requirement of the job.

3 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Trying to be assertive?

The president of the USofA is 'trying' to be assertive. You would almost think it would be a requirement of the job.

yes, trying; being so. intentions in good faith.

that's a big distinction.

fuck the right-wing.

I've never thought the presidential debates were very useful to begin with. Candidates never answer the question and it just deteriorates into a bunch of idiots arguing. The loudest gets the most attention. Remember when TFG and Biden debated the first time? What a fucking mess. I'm good with no debates. We're past the stage where civil discourse and the critique of political policies make any difference whatsoever. If anyone is undecided and thinks a debate is going to sway their decision at this point, they're idiots.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, βhyde said:

I've never thought the presidential debates were very useful to begin with. Candidates never answer the question and it just deteriorates into a bunch of idiots arguing. The loudest gets the most attention. Remember when TFG and Biden debated the first time? What a fucking mess. I'm good with no debates. We're past the stage where civil discourse and the critique of political policies make any difference whatsoever. If anyone is undecided and thinks a debate is going to sway their decision at this point, they're idiots.

Yep, these things are past their use-by date. 

Debate is pointless as the GOP lacks a platform. Seriously. They continue to run exclusively on soundbites of obstruction and hate. See for yourself: Google “2022 platform” for both parties. Only the D search will return a meaningful result. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Gissie said:

I guess the right wing think the same of you. 

that's good jizzy, the right-wing is shit. 

32 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

Debate is pointless as the GOP lacks a platform. Seriously. They continue to run exclusively on soundbites of obstruction and hate. See for yourself: Google “2022 platform” for both parties. Only the D search will return a meaningful result. 

Pro climate change and anti democracy have to count for something.   

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

The Republicans have a very firm platform that they all solidly support.  The official platform is "what ever Trump wants".  Of course that could drastically change and conflict daily.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

OK, next they are going to withdraw from the election because voters are biased against them, and just declare themselves the winners.

The states are setting up legal reforms to do just that.  Biden is not being able to push for laws to combat it and the Trump supremes will let it ride.  The next presidential election may have even less to do with who wins the vote than the last few have.

19 minutes ago, bridhb said:

The Republicans have a very firm platform that they all solidly support.  The official platform is "what ever Trump wants".  Of course that could drastically change and conflict daily.  

Not for all.  Gaetz's only objective is to stay out of jail.

2 hours ago, 3to1 said:

Nah, Gissie may be a right wing in NZ terms. That makes him an old fashioned conservative in yours.

And he's quite right about your poor candidate pool. It's fucking ridiculous that all you can come up with are septuagenarians.  

17 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Nah, Gissie may be a right wing in NZ terms. That makes him an old fashioned conservative in yours.

And he's quite right about your poor candidate pool. It's fucking ridiculous that all you can come up with are septuagenarians.  

I can ride a bike while chewing gum and there is no way I am sharp enough to be president.  We have a minimum age to qualify.  There should be a maximum age also.  Biden is better than Trump in the way that warm PBR is better than no beer.  Have no idea how to improve the candidate selection process.  In Florida, we have closed primaries but the candidates are pretty much selected before we get a chance at it anyway.  All the primaries should be on the same schedule.

1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

that's good jizzy, the right-wing is shit. 

From your perspective certainly.

Anyway, just popped in to check that the left wing echo chamber was still functioning properly. No real surprise, it is.

50 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

No, Gissie would be right wing in our terms as well. He fits the own the libs while being clueless on the issues mold. Also, the candidate pool is just fine but it's easy blather to say otherwise. Joe was a fine choice. He knows everyone here and there. He's been a pleasant surprise from a progressive POV. If he runs again, he'd get my vote again.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Doubt many here would classify me as right wing, but then you know best.

18 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

No, Gissie would be right wing in our terms as well. He fits the own the libs while being clueless on the issues mold. Also, the candidate pool is just fine but it's easy blather to say otherwise. Joe was a fine choice. He knows everyone here and there. He's been a pleasant surprise from a progressive POV. If he runs again, he'd get my vote again.

Yet another prescient poster, full of how much they know about me. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Don't tell me. Let me guess. You're a 'libertarian'. Go talk to Tom. He can give you the deets on the drum circle.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Are you saying that what you post isn't the real you?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Don't tell me. Let me guess. You're a 'libertarian'. Go talk to Tom. He can give you the deets on the drum circle.

Oh, so now you want to guess after you were so sure.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Are you saying that what you post isn't the real you?

Of course it is, aren't we all honest on the Internet,especially in this cesspit.

Oh wait, you and the other echo chamber denizens probably are.

Backslapping and congrats for being the loudest echo. Not much in the way of original thought, but at least you know there are other simple minds out their to befriend.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

I can ride a bike while chewing gum and there is no way I am sharp enough to be president.  We have a minimum age to qualify.  There should be a maximum age also.  Biden is better than Trump in the way that warm PBR is better than no beer.  Have no idea how to improve the candidate selection process.  In Florida, we have closed primaries but the candidates are pretty much selected before we get a chance at it anyway.  All the primaries should be on the same schedule.

Stop ripping the candidates apart in the primaries.

It's amusing from this side of the world to see candidates accused of anything from corruption, to being thrice married to women 30 years their junior, to being illegal immigrants, or raising drug addled children  and then you all singing kumbaya and presenting the tattered victor as the best of a tainted bunch crew.

And Money. Limits on campaign spending.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Nothing wrong with Joe at all. 20 years ago he'd have been  well matched against Sanders as a choice between old fashioned Labour and Left wing in Dem primaries. But today he's just not up to winning back the blue collars that went Trump. Not his fault, the Oysters still want that pleasant walk along the briny beach.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ShortForBob said:

Stop ripping the candidates apart in the primaries.

This is certainly a big problem. We all have things in our past that can be spun asa big negative. Plus it is not just the candidates, but the whole family group and close friends. Who wants to go through that shit fight.

So you get two possibles that make it through. One is the boring, make no waves ever, that will do the same as the boss. Or the brash, egoist that doesn't care and can get people to ignore the faults.

Neither type is particularly balanced.

6 hours ago, βhyde said:

At the end of the day, becoming president is a popularity contest and there are a number of people who really are very detached from politics.  They're just living their lives.  One or two debates may be the only real 'political event' that they watch.

I think debating as a politician is part of the job - one that I'm inclined to make them keep doing.  They've already detached so much from governing - fuck them - they can dress up and play nice once every few years.

I think the debates are more like watching your favorite musician perform live - 99% of the time, you get what you expect but every now and then, its a surprise, usually to the downside.

1 hour ago, BeSafe said:

I think the debates are more like watching your favorite musician perform live - 99% of the time, you get what you expect but every now and then, its a surprise, usually to the downside.

To me, they're like two different Muzak machines playing over each other and I'm just wanting some Hendrix.

If TeamR can't come up with someone interesting, I have a suggestion.

VerminPinkPony.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Pertinacious Tom said:

To me, they're like two different Muzak machines playing over each other and I'm just wanting some Hendrix.

If TeamR can't come up with someone interesting, I have a suggestion.

VerminPinkPony.jpg

That would be fun :)   Here's some not-Hendrix!

9 hours ago, 3to1 said:

yes, trying; being so. intentions in good faith.

fuck the right-wing.

What a fucking wanker you are. Fucking idiot.

3 hours ago, BeSafe said:

At the end of the day, becoming president is a popularity contest and there are a number of people who really are very detached from politics.  They're just living their lives.  One or two debates may be the only real 'political event' that they watch.

I think debating as a politician is part of the job - one that I'm inclined to make them keep doing.  They've already detached so much from governing - fuck them - they can dress up and play nice once every few years.

Maybe you could fix your "debates" We could lend you our "worm" .

But seriously. If you can't get disciplined responses to set questions (which the candidates should see before hand) what is their point or purpose? 

2 hours ago, 00seven said:

What a fucking wanker you are. Fucking idiot.

for being 'blunt'? fuck you, bitch.

58 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

We should stick with White Wing.

Truth and reality on the net.

The party of the dumb...ypo'll fit right in.  Just to satisfy my curiosity, are you DA-WOODY?  The complete lack of coherency says yes.

16 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

The party of the dumb...ypo'll fit right in.  Just to satisfy my curiosity, are you DA-WOODY?  The complete lack of coherency says yes.

I saw your other reference ... still don't get it but I agree about Woody. Not me tho.

What's the lack of coherency? The fact that I'm not a knee jerker or in the circle jerk leaves you struggling to make what I say fit your worldview?

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

I saw your other reference ... still don't get it but I agree about Woody. Not me tho.

What's the lack of coherency? The fact that I'm not a knee jerker or in the circle jerk leaves you struggling to make what I say fit your worldview?

You are an idiot, is that clear?  I spent five years teaching in Detroit schools and had something to add to the education thread, but your presence polluted the waters.  Did you finish High School?  Inherit a business, hard to believe morons are self made.

10 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Did you enjoy watching Ted Cruz do everything but offer to swallow Tucker's seed.  Are all of you such he men?

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

You are an idiot, is that clear?  I spent five years teaching in Detroit schools and had something to add to the education thread, but your presence polluted the waters.  Did you finish High School?  Inherit a business, hard to believe morons are self made.

I gots 10 years in two big inner cities in 5-12.   My first suggestion is start over with POC in the planning since those folks are behind White kids to start with. That's the real problem. 2) We overhaul teacher training. Right now it's baby sitting.

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Did you enjoy watching Ted Cruz do everything but offer to swallow Tucker's seed.  Are all of you such he men?

Oh good. I knew it. You think, incorrectly, that I am a White Winger. I am not.

Now I get the confusion. Quite a few of you guys are not the readers you think you are.

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I gots 10 years in two big inner cities in 5-12.   My first suggestion is start over with POC in the planning since those folks are behind White kids to start with. That's the real problem. 2) We overhaul teacher training. Right now it's baby sitting.

We agree.  The education gap.  My mother (MS, Johns Hopkins) read to me every night, I read  at 3.  My kids in Detroit were either being raised by a grandparent, a single mother (usually working two jobs), or no one at all.  Did you ever have a student arrive to school freezing or attempted kidnapped and beaten up?

At 64, I don't remember each President,  why should I care?  I strongly believe our educational system is wrong.  A Student once asked me, why do we need to know this?  After two uncomfortable seconds, you don't.  

I believe in project-based learning.  Here's a 1000ah battery and $1000.  Get me to FL the quickest.

49 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

What happened to this guy? 

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

And this guy? 

Lack of coherency? Examples?

Just between you and me, the last person I want to listen to on inner city teaching and discipline is a suburban HS physics teacher. And, trust me, RM thinks he knows what's what. RM is the glacial thinker, we need a hot tsunami.

Lots of you guys need to back off the L v R thinking. It's far more complicated than that. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Oh good. I knew it. You think, incorrectly, that I am a White Winger. I am not.

Now I get the confusion. Quite a few of you guys are not the readers you think you are.

Neither are you, ol' hoss. Neither are you.

12 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:
32 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

We agree.  The education gap.  My mother (MS, Johns Hopkins) read to me every night, I read  at 3.  My kids in Detroit were either being raised by a grandparent, a single mother (usually working two jobs), or no one at all.  Did you ever have a student arrive to school freezing or attempted kidnapped and beaten up?

At 64, I don't remember each President,  why should I care?  I strongly believe our educational system is wrong.  A Student once asked me, why do we need to know this?  After two uncomfortable seconds, you don't.  

I believe in project-based learning.  Here's a 1000ah battery and $1000.  Get me to FL the quickest.

Well, do you teach kids stuff on a strictly need-to-know basis? Or stuff that will help them find subjects they're interested in, help them fit into a professional-level environment, give them a cultural connection to our society, etc etc? I would not advocate making 100% of the curriculum such stuff, and I'm not trying to gig you for suggesting we try to turn 100% of the population into little engineers.

I love project based learning. Teach kids to get stuff done, how to approach problem-solving rationally... a wide range of problems!

- DSK

14 hours ago, Gissie said:

Boy, for a guy with no dog in, you sure suck a lot of turnip dick around here. Do you like having Cruz's sloppy seconds and Graham's thirds?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Neither are you, ol' hoss. Neither are you.

You and RM and d'ranger, and the dolt of Sandusky need to form a little study group.

How many astronauts should be Black, Dougie? My answer remains the top 10 qualifiers regardless of color.

Just now, Blue Crab said:

You and RM and d'ranger, and the dolt of Sandusky need to form a little study group.

Why? I actually read a post from start to finish, -IF- I am replying to it, and since you often claim I said something that directly contradicts what I actually said, I'm pretty sure you don't.

1 minute ago, Blue Crab said:

How many astronauts should be Black, Dougie? My answer remains the top 10 qualifiers regardless of color.

That's the first time you've actually answered this question, that i saw. You've certainly blown a lot of gas; and it does nothing whatever to address the actual issue of how to decide the "qualifying" process. In the past you've claimed that the system which would have produce ZERO black doctors, black lawyers, black astronauts, etc etc, is a "meritocracy."

I hope, with this clarification, you can understand why I'm nailing you on it.

- DSK

10 hours ago, Gissie said:

Of course it is, aren't we all honest on the Internet,especially in this cesspit.

Oh wait, you and the other echo chamber denizens probably are.

Backslapping and congrats for being the loudest echo. Not much in the way of original thought, but at least you know there are other simple minds out their to befriend.

Well, since you have the position of smartest guy in the room filled, we have to do what we can.

35 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Why? I actually read a post from start to finish, -IF- I am replying to it, and since you often claim I said something that directly contradicts what I actually said, I'm pretty sure you don't.

That's the first time you've actually answered this question, that i saw. You've certainly blown a lot of gas; and it does nothing whatever to address the actual issue of how to decide the "qualifying" process ... and since you often claim I said something that directly contradicts what I actually said, I'm pretty sure you don't.

I hope, with this clarification, you can understand why I'm nailing you on it.

- DSK

Hey let's wind this up ok? I'm quite sure I answered your fav question each time in the same way. You just wanted a number and my answer doesn't have a number now, or then. This is at least the third... more like 4th time I've answered in the same way. I SHIT YOU NOT. GO BACK AND LOOK. Your eyes may pass over responses but there is little comprehension. Then you drop in your little "nails" like roadside ied bombs on other threads. Kinda transparent, ask me. 

As a timely example from mere moments ;) ago, "In the past you've claimed that the system which would have produced ZERO black doctors, black lawyers, black astronauts, etc etc, is a "meritocracy."

Nope.

You'll never find that simple Simon conclusion in my stuff. That's how you've interpreted what I've written and it's incorrect. And you have  ... ooohhh so often built on your own misunderstanding to take the short step form there to I must be a racist. The reality is you're reading at a low level and then having to fit that into your airtight tiny worldview.

You're not a careful reader, Cap. And I'd bet a beer you're too lazy to rethink this. Like ol Cal20 a couple of hours ago really "nailed me good," or so he thought, til he actually read what I said. I've had to run something 3X past several of you in the past because your default position didn't allow room to be mistaken, or in your case, didn't even permit the camel to get a nose under the tent flap. That keeps new-to-you thinking at bay at the price of being a dumbshit.

22 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Hey let's wind this up ok? I'm quite sure I answered your fav question each time in the same way....

Umm, no

And yes, I went back and looked, just to be fair. I also seem to be unable to find a post of yours where you clarify what you mean by "meritocracy" in terms of heirarchies (economics, education, aerospace) that don't seem to put black people in upper positions without some form of affirmative action.

- DSK

18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

And yes, I went back and looked, just to be fair. I also seem to be unable to find a post of yours where you clarify what you mean by "meritocracy" in terms of heirarchies (economics, education, aerospace) that don't seem to put black people in upper positions without some form of affirmative action.

:mellow: And you looked as carefully as you read. We 've had the astronaut and AA arguments at least 6 times, each of which mentioned meritocracy, I'd bet.

Did the goalposts move? My meritocracy has always been in the context of college entrants requirements based on competitive testing. You want to yak yak yak about prep for these being easier for the more affluent. No one's arguing that.

Now, stick with me here Doug ... the following is the nutshell here: 

mer·i·toc·ra·cy
/ˌmerəˈtäkrəsē/

noun

1. government or the holding of power by people selected on the basis of their ability.
    "progress towards meritocracy was slow"

If the debates do take place without the Republican nominee (assumed to be TFG); then the Dems need a stage prop. Maybe they could borrow Clint Eastwood’s empty chair from 2012 and put an empty suit on it.

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

If the debates do take place without the Republican nominee (assumed to be TFG); then the Dems need a stage prop. Maybe they could borrow Clint Eastwood’s empty chair from 2012 and put an empty suit on it.

A cardboard cutout.

bernie-sanders.jpg

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

...Well, do you teach kids stuff on a strictly need-to-know basis? Or stuff that will help them find subjects they're interested in, help them fit into a professional-level environment, give them a cultural connection to our society, etc etc? I would not advocate making 100% of the curriculum such stuff, and I'm not trying to gig you for suggesting we try to turn 100% of the population into little engineers.

I love project based learning. Teach kids to get stuff done, how to approach problem-solving rationally... a wide range of problems.

This is cart before the horse. Older kids may be the problem but they are not the issue.

The essential issue of our system is that kids of various colors don't start out the same. The well-prepared pre-schooler is well on the way to reading fluency. This will be the Asians and middle class + Whites mostly. Add in some established Chicano families ... not ESL ... preschoolers, and a dash of Black kids from the outer city/burbs and that rare Tree Grows in Brooklyn

It's all about reading.

Sort of.

As we've seen in the last 30 years or so, reading may not be the only way into the brain for a lot of folks. Tech is showing a lot of promise in terms (for me) of making subject matter worth learning. The world awaits the software for all this but in the meantime, reading is the tech we currently use. The avg Black kid isn't dumber, she's just not as well prepared and few young students are savvy enough to grok why they maybe will have to work harder to keep up. Once you're behind you're fucked. Like from First Grade on.

If we have a democracy after the elections, the next real challenge is changing Early Ed.  

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

:mellow: And you looked as carefully as you read...

Uh huh.

There you go again, getting all pissy because you don't like to try to actually make sense.

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

... Did the goalposts move? My meritocracy has always been in the context of college entrants requirements based on competitive testing. You want to yak yak yak about prep for these being easier for the more affluent. No one's arguing that.

Now, stick with me here Doug ... the following is the nutshell here: 

mer·i·toc·ra·cy
/ˌmerəˈtäkrəsē/

noun

1. government or the holding of power by people selected on the basis of their ability.
    "progress towards meritocracy was slow"

"Ability" at what, exactly? This is a completely hollow definition, meaningless without context.

The thing you refuse to answer is, why does a "meritocracy" which is supposed to be measuring "ability" produce such lopsided results?

We mostly agree about comparative testing, except that you seem to be fine with using it as an unofficial screen to exclude certain types of people.

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

If we have a democracy after the elections, the next real challenge is changing Early Ed.  

How about we IMPROVE it? Burning shit down and demanding huge revolutionary changes does not usually work out well.

- DSK

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

:P Whatev Doug. I think you passed the point of embarrassment quite awhile ago.

You're an embarrassment but not to me personally.

One would think that a genius educational reformer would have better basic comprehension of word definitions.

- DSK

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Well, since you have the position of smartest guy in the room filled, we have to do what we can.

Since you are here I am certainly far from the dumbest...

9 hours ago, Willin' said:

Boy, for a guy with no dog in, you sure suck a lot of turnip dick around here. Do you like having Cruz's sloppy seconds and Graham's thirds?

I am meant to be upset because some guy who looked into abandoning his country just because someone he didn't like won an election tries to be mean to me.

:lol:

On 1/13/2022 at 10:45 PM, El Borracho said:

Debate is pointless

True dat, but moreso because the mods are too timid to cut a candidate off when, rather than answer the topic question, they start to proselytize. If they lost their allotted speaking minutes a few times it might make them start to answer questions directly/

14 hours ago, Gissie said:

I am meant to be upset because some guy who looked into abandoning his country just because someone he didn't like won an election tries to be mean to me.

:lol:

Awww, that was just hurtful coming from the slacker that bitches about wealthy Americans bringing their overseas wealth in and buying up NZ, then does the exact same thing himself.

21 minutes ago, Willin' said:

True dat, but moreso because the mods are too timid to cut a candidate off when, rather than answer the topic question, they start to proselytize. If they lost their allotted speaking minutes a few times it might make them start to answer questions directly/

The debate with Kristen Welker as mod took the chicken way out, IMO. Rather than give Welker the mute button to use as a ruler on the hand, the producers shut it off on both guys, irrevocably changing the debate. BBC

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Willin' said:

How’re we gonna choose without a discussion of the size of the other candidates dick?

What would the purpose of debates be, at this point?

Republicans will believe what they want to believe, and non-republicans will believe the rest of the stuff.... It just comes down to how many people can fight their way to the polls to get their vote counted at this point.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

What would the purpose of debates be, at this point?

Republicans will believe what they want to believe, and non-republicans will believe the rest of the stuff.... It just comes down to how many people can fight their way to the polls to get their vote counted at this point.

I agree If we had a more sensible, say 2-4 month electioneering season like so many civilized countries, actual debates and stump speeches might actually have an impact on the outcome.

Once tfg started having campaign rallies shortly after inauguration day the whole process devolved into meaningless and annoying ad buys.

Republicans have nothing to debate. They have no platform. Everything they do is either tax-breaks-for-rich-people, or distractions from tax-breaks-for-rich-people. Why would they subject themselves to a moderated public debate?

How could a debate work when the Dem would support a policy and the Rep would have to consult with Trump to see what his position was?

37 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Republicans have nothing to debate. They have no platform. Everything they do is either tax-breaks-for-rich-people, or distractions from tax-breaks-for-rich-people. Why would they subject themselves to a moderated public debate?

They didn't debate even amongst themselves at the 2020 RNC.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs/Resolution_Platform_2020.pdf

55 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

How could they debate when all of them support whatever Trump wants? It would be a chorus, not a debate.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

I remember when those same folks on the right, who have openly said "whatever TFG wants", tried to attach the label Messiah to President Obama.

Irony or Hypocrisy?

Projection.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Willin' said:

I agree If we had a more sensible, say 2-4 month electioneering season like so many civilized countries, actual debates and stump speeches might actually have an impact on the outcome.

Once tfg started having campaign rallies shortly after inauguration day the whole process devolved into meaningless and annoying ad buys.

6 weeks here... and the pm can be dumped with a simple vote of no confidence

Keep your eyes 9n boris.... he may be gone in a trice

Perhaps a political system that allows for electing a political neophyte with a planet sized ego and a bank balance to match is not a good idea.

D

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I remember when those same folks on the right, who have openly said "whatever TFG wants", tried to attach the label Messiah to President Obama.

Irony or Hypocrisy?

Stupidity.

4 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Keep your eyes 9n boris.... he may be gone in a trice

I'm still trying to understand how he got elected.

51 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Perfidity and Stupidity.

'Twas the era of bad hair....

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'm still trying to understand how he got elected.

A chronically financially-stressed and tragically undereducated middle class.

The real question is what policies going back 40 years has led to this situation?