J/35 and J/36 Danforth anchor size

Hi all;

I'm replacing the dead Danforth in my J/36 with a Fortress.  The boat is four and a half hours away, so measuring the anchor is a problem.

Can anyone tell me what size Fortress fits into the J/35 and J/36 anchor locker?  I'm looking for the biggest practical pick.

Cheers

fx-16 fit in my j35 anchor locker before I cut it out. the next size might fit as the there was some spare room. The Fx-16 is the rated anochor for the boat. If you want more holding power, I would just use more chain. The 16 works. 

1 hour ago, ahab in puget said:

fx-16 fit in my j35 anchor locker before I cut it out. the next size might fit as the there was some spare room. The Fx-16 is the rated anochor for the boat. If you want more holding power, I would just use more chain. The 16 works. 

I assume this is without the optional mud palms.

3 hours ago, ahab in puget said:

Pretty sure the 16 is what I had on my J/109 as well…