Greetings sailors, back to sailing after a long period out of it, my first boat was a nacra 5,7 meters, loved it, missed it, now i just got a user bimare a class, model AJ. I am trying to found anything related about the company for some parts that I'm in need for the boat. Anyone knows anything about them? Are they out of business? If so, where can i find some parta for the boat? TY!

Welcome to A Class, the great thing about the class, you don't have to buy original manufacturer parts, most parts you need you can buy used from other sailors who are upgrading, regardless who made the boat.  Exploder Catparts are currently the best class retailer for new parts.  Daggerboards are about the only part I would try and source from Bim for your boat, as surgery would be required to make other C boards fit.  What do you need?

The boat needs those plastic things that lock the rudders when in place and the rubber things that hold the aluminum bar to the rudders as well as the ariba.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the info guys!

Let me ask you another thing that I want to do with the cat.

Its being a pain in the ass when I try to put the sail up to the mast and hook it to the mast hook.

Im trying to figure out a way to make it more simple, thinking about putting a pulley? An anchor pulley to the top

of the mast and make a halyard which is not present at any A class catamaran as I saw on the internet.

Any ideas? Any photos of someone that has done this or something similar would be great!!!

Hi Manos,

This shouldn´t be a problem, it´s better you take some photos of your arrangement. Easier to analyze what you are doing wrong then. Lay the boat on the side so the top, the sail with ring and hook is visible. To lay the boat on it´s side and hook it can also be a solution. 

Some early Marstorm rigs had a top sheave for a halyard to ease the lock/unlock process. This is usually an issue because the luff in older sails is no longer stiff enough to facilitate easy raising/lowering, and the rings without a halyard are a bit finicky to get right. Plenty of posts on facebook with solutions, but for recreational sailing, adding a sheave to the top of the mast and some 4mm halyard line is probably worth the slight weight penalty.

48 minutes ago, F18 Sailor said:

Some early Marstorm rigs had a top sheave for a halyard to ease the lock/unlock process. This is usually an issue because the luff in older sails is no longer stiff enough to facilitate easy raising/lowering, and the rings without a halyard are a bit finicky to get right. Plenty of posts on facebook with solutions, but for recreational sailing, adding a sheave to the top of the mast and some 4mm halyard line is probably worth the slight weight penalty.

Well I'm not into racing... so yes it would be great! But I don't have Facebook! Any link to some photos just to take a hint or a tip to what parts to purchase?

All marstrom built masts have a halyard.

bimare had also a masttop hook with a pully.

it depends on the mast profile; early riba masts by bimare have very little space in the mast.

first, try to clean mast and sail luff properly, then ad some mclube, and then see, if it works in an acceptable way.

• Like 1

If the sail is old it a pulley can be the best solution - but usually the problem is that the tube inside the luffcurve has been strecthed, so its too long. So fix the ring in the top of the sail to something, loosen the tube in the bottom of the sail (or the top), pull the tube as much as you can (usually 10-15 cm), cut the tube, redo the stiching, so tube is fixed again - and your ready to go:-)

• Like 1
On 2/8/2022 at 7:56 AM, Lars Schrøder d 13 said:

If the sail is old it a pulley can be the best solution - but usually the problem is that the tube inside the luffcurve has been strecthed, so its too long. So fix the ring in the top of the sail to something, loosen the tube in the bottom of the sail (or the top), pull the tube as much as you can (usually 10-15 cm), cut the tube, redo the stiching, so tube is fixed again - and your ready to go:-)

they stopped before the "fun bit"  re-doing the stitches.  At least for those of us without a heave duty sewing machine.