**** Let's Go Darwin **** Stickers arrived in the mail!!!

One is going on my truck for sure!! 

Missus BB is worried about Trumper's putting a brick through her windshield, so I gave her a pass.... :unsure:

• Like 5

Thirty years ago a friend in Atlanta put a Christian fish symbol Darwin in the middle on his car.

image.png.8803a7692994865545146cbdcc73f356.png 

The "Good Christians" attacked and vandalized his car. Be careful.

You are dealing with a very intolerant bunch of snowflakes.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Thirty years ago a friend in Atlanta put a Christian fish symbol Darwin in the middle on his car.

Thanks for the warning!  We live in a fairly rural area of mostly peaceful people, so I will take my chances, and let my feelings be known.

I wanted to put Biden-Harris yard signs up before the election, but SWMBO forbade it!

I never understood why anyone puts political bumper stickers on their cars. Has any person ever changed their vote based on the random Toyota in front of them?  I suppose some people just like making their vehicles look shitty. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

I never understood why anyone puts political bumper stickers on their cars. Has any person ever changed their vote based on the random Toyota in front of them?  I suppose some people just like making their vehicles look shitty. 

One of the best ones I've ever seen, probably was targeting people like you.

"Please forgive me for driving so close to the front bumper of your car for the last mile"

• Like 2
2 hours ago, saxdog said:

How do you know? Maybe it was the atheists.

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

By one sticker? No. By the combined messaging of everything - tv, radio, print, digital, yard signs and bumper stickers - yes.

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

By one sticker? No. By the combined messaging of everything - tv, radio, print, digital, yard signs and bumper stickers - yes.

Well the pickup truck has the following:

Round "Etchells" emblem on the left back window.  

Middle left is the "Palmetto Moon" South Carolina round sticker, for our daughters who live there.

Middle right is the "Essex Corinthian YC" flag triangle of which I was a founding member long ago, in my 20's.

Right is "FBYC" polar bear sticker for Frostbite Yacht Club, which was founded in 1933.

Is any of that political???  I think not!  

The small "Let's go Darwin" sticker will be in the middle at the top of the other ones....

So bring it on, if any of that bothers you, okay???

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Well the pickup truck has the following:

Round "Etchells" emblem on the left back window.  

Middle left is the "Palmetto Moon" South Carolina round sticker, for our daughters who live there.

Middle right is the "Essex Corinthian YC" flag triangle of which I was a founding member long ago, in my 20's.

Right is "FBYC" polar bear sticker for Frostbite Yacht Club, which was founded in 1933.

Is any of that political???  I think not!  

The small "Let's go Darwin" sticker will be in the middle at the top of the other ones....

Seems like a risk with absolutely no gain.

3 hours ago, Monkey said:

I once saw one I could get behind - it was more of a "tail panel" sticker since it wouldn't fit on a bumper.

Nuke the Gay

Baby Whales

For Jesus

• Like 1
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

I guess I am willing to take that risk.  In our small rural town, I doubt that anyone will have a clue what it means!!!

I have guns and ammo, with no intent to ever use them, other than target shooting.

If the 2nd Civil War comes, I will escape to St. Johns in the USVI, since my Canadian sponsor died.  And I will still be a US citizen with Medicare and SSI, and visit the daughter's et aux in Charleston, during the summer, if it's safe to travel there.....

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I guess I am willing to take that risk.  

I have guns and ammo, with no intent to ever use them, other than target shooting.

If the 2nd Civil War comes, I will escape to St. Johns in the USVI, since my Canadian sponsor died.  And I will still be a US citizen with Medicare and SSI, and visit the daughter's et aux in Charleston, during the summer, if it's safe to travel there.....

that you'd write that , even in jest , shows just how far the US has fallen .

47 minutes ago, Mid said:

that you'd write that , even in jest , shows just how far the US has fallen .

I thought that I had replied to this, but must not have hit send?

Yes the US has fallen and I need to do everything I can to try and preserve and protect my wife and family if the Trumper's start another Civil War! This is hopefully improbable, but NOT possible, based on the 1/6 armed insurrection with intent to HANG VP Pence??????

I hope I am just being paranoid, just like I am about Covid, at the moment.  But I think that if we go out to a restaurant or local bar, and are unmasked, sitting closer than 6 or more feet from someone who is not in our immediate family, or a small bubble of friends, our risk of Covid is like not wearing a condom while having sex with someone you don't know is "clean"! 

We all did that for years, and we got lucky, or we didn't.  A friend brought an instant test today and Missus BB is negative.  I had a test this morning at local Urgent Care and I am negative also.  In the meantime, I plan to do our shopping with a mask, stay home and work on a jigsaw puzzle, and play Backgammon with SWMBO....

Backstay out!  Laptop is going to the accountant tomorrow for taxes, and I cannot bear to use my old laptop that is slower than molasses in February....

Talk to you all on Monday, unless I attempt to use the  V E RY S L O W backup laptop......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benwynn said:

52 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I guess I am willing to take that risk...

Ok.  Seems odd, but I guess I'm just wired different.

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

I guess I am willing to take that risk.  In our small rural town, I doubt that anyone will have a clue what it means!!!

A kid I went through school with became the RST in Killingworth. He was also on the CSPMCS. When I told him that I was driving to St. Augustine to work on a needy Concordia 41 he looked at me sideways....

"You're going to drive through SC in a car with Yankee plates, looking like you do? Don't call me for help"

So that night I cut off my beard, and had a friend cut my hair back to "respectable"....

This was before "Duck Dynasty" was a thing.

56 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Ok.  Seems odd, but I guess I'm just wired different.

Dunno where you live, but I am 95% confident it will not be a problem here in mostly liberal SE CT...

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

A kid I went through school with became the RST in Killingworth. He was also on the CSPMCS. When I told him that I was driving to St. Augustine to work on a needy Concordia 41 he looked at me sideways....

"You're going to drive through SC in a car with Yankee plates, looking like you do? Don't call me for help"

So that night I cut off my beard, and had a friend cut my hair back to "respectable"....

This was before "Duck Dynasty" was a thing.

That's one of the most goddamned funny things I have read in a while.  From the other room The Admiral is asking me what the hell is so funny.

Dunno where you live, but I am 95% confident it will not be a problem here in mostly liberal SE CT...

So, taking a 5% risk with absolutely no gain at all is a good play.

Sorry.  Still not on board. 

8 hours ago, benwynn said:

I take a 5% risk when I ride my E-Bike to town to get the mail.  But, not until it warms up!!  6 degrees this morning here!  I will not be driving the truck that's in the driveway today.  The Beamers in the garage will be much warmer, with a heated loft apartment above them....

Saudi has imported secondhand US cars, I remember a local driving a car with the fish symbol on the boot, I doubt he'd be happy if he knew what it meant.

3 minutes ago, The Q said:

Saudi has imported secondhand US cars, I remember a local driving a car with the fish symbol on the boot, I doubt he'd be happy if he knew what it meant.

If you drove in Saudi, you're a brave man.

- DSK

10 hours ago, benwynn said:

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I take a 5% risk when I ride my E-Bike to town to get the mail.  But, not until it warms up!!  6 degrees this morning here!  I will not be driving the truck that's in the driveway today.  The Beamers in the garage will be much warmer, with a heated loft apartment above them....

You are not getting my point.  There is a gain when you get your mail.  (And if you get your mail once a week and get hit twice a year on your E-Bike, that's a whole different discussion).

Buy a twenty-sided die. Pick a number from one 1 to 20.  Roll the die, if it hits that number, your wife kicks you in the nuts.  That's a 5% risk with no gain.  And if you hit that number, you can kiss off riding your E-Bike for a bit. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jdazey said:

lutefisk.png.3dc6f55aa1ee3ee9f6a6b48c9fbbabca.png

Uff Da!

My wife was adopted into a Swedish family and attended California Lutheran College. They had a cool football cheer...

Lutefiske, Lutefiske

Lefse, Lefse

We're the mighty Lutherans

Ya sure you betcha!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

A decal from Coombs, Vancouver Island, BC. Home to Hertel's bacon and other smoked pork products.

You can't make this shit up, literally! :D

3 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

You can't make this shit up, literally! :D

That decal exists because the main store in Coombs has goats on the roof. It has nothing to do with Darwin unless one of them falls on you.

goats.thumb.jpg.69d239844254c2895af684a3c6cf710a.jpg

19 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Howe aboute you try "Crescent & Palmetto", foire the officialle SC state symbolles, Ime am siure youre dauhteres woude adgree............                 :)

28 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Howe aboute you try "Crescent & Palmetto", foire the officialle SC state symbolles, Ime am siure youre dauhteres woude adgree............                 :)

Never heard it called that, so it is probably an ancient iteration??

Darwin indeed.

Hundreds of Trump Voters Are Dying Every Day

“As of this week, about 1,800 Americans a day are dying of Covid; the C.D.C. expects that number to rise above 2,600.” 

“Virtually all are adults. If 95 percent were unvaccinated and we assume that 75 percent of those were Trump supporters, that’s 1,300 to 1,900 of his voters being subtracted from the rolls every single day.“ 

“Donald Trump lost Arizona by a mere 10,000 votes. He lost Georgia by 12,000, He lost Wisconsin by 21,000. He lost Nevada by 33,000.” 

“Right now, about 60 Arizonans, 36 Georgians, 34 Wisconsinites and 14 Nevadans are dying of Covid each day. Seventy five percent of 95 percent of that would be minus 103 Trump voters per day — just in those four swing states. Week after week. That adds up." 

https://politicalwire.com/2022/01/15/hundreds-of-trump-voters-are-dying-every-day/ 

cjonesrgb01122022.jpg

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Darwin indeed.

“As of this week, about 1,800 Americans a day are dying of Covid; the C.D.C. expects that number to rise above 2,600.” 

“Virtually all are adults. If 95 percent were unvaccinated and we assume that 75 percent of those were Trump supporters, that’s 1,300 to 1,900 of his voters being subtracted from the rolls every single day.“ 

“Donald Trump lost Arizona by a mere 10,000 votes. He lost Georgia by 12,000, He lost Wisconsin by 21,000. He lost Nevada by 33,000.” 

“Right now, about 60 Arizonans, 36 Georgians, 34 Wisconsinites and 14 Nevadans are dying of Covid each day. Seventy five percent of 95 percent of that would be minus 103 Trump voters per day — just in those four swing states. Week after week. That adds up." 

https://politicalwire.com/2022/01/15/hundreds-of-trump-voters-are-dying-every-day/ 

cjonesrgb01122022.jpg

One of our friends opined, that every day a non-vaxed Trumper dies, it's a good thing for the Country!!

Sadly, I can't agree more!!!  :(

• Like 4

“Virtually all are adults. If 95 percent were unvaccinated and we assume that 75 percent of those were Trump supporters

IMO that 75% figure is wildly understated.

I'd guess that 95% of that 95% would be a lot closer.

Anybody here know a "Radical Leftist" (I.E. non-Republican) who is an anti-vaxxer?

13 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

One of our friends opined, that every day a non-vaxed Trumper dies, it's a good thing for the Country!!

Sadly, I can't agree more!!!  :(

I strongly encourage the continuation of that behavior. I would not oppose increasing it.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

lets go darwin - Let Go & Let Darwin

Needs an exclamation point  ( ! )

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Needs an exclamation point  ( ! )

Sorry, it's bedtime now... and I am tired.  Sick cat will probably visit me twice tonight, purring away with here wounded paw...

Life is good!! 

Just watched the Pilot of "Billions" on SHO with Paul Giamatti whose acting I love, and some guy that was on Colbert?   Great Pilot!!  Can't wait to watch the next episode!!

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Anybody here know a "Radical Leftist" (I.E. non-Republican) who is an anti-vaxxer?

Radical leftist? No, but definitely non-Republican. You get ultra-precious my body is my temple ain't gonna vax my kids with that poison types. A friend of mine's wife, ultra gorgeous Portuguese Philadelphia School of the Arts grad, utterly useless woman. Total antivaxxer. She forced her husband to move to London because it has better dental care.

But she is gorgeous. Did I mention she's a hotty? But keep her away. That lady is a nutjob but a hot nutjob.

She forced her husband to move to London because it has better dental care.

:lol:

That's pretty fuckin' clueless. British dental care is world renowned for its badness.

In fact, that is grounds for divorce in most jurisdictions AFAIK

17 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Darwin indeed.

cjonesrgb01122022.jpg

What about states that Trump won narrowly? Any of those likely to swing Dem because of voter deaths?

23 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

As little as I could, But Five years of it, defensive driving, not choosing rush hour, and only an old car...

Just now, The Q said:
23 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

As little as I could, But Five years of it, defensive driving, not choosing rush hour, and only an old car...

I was in & out of there and Bahrain, back in the 1980s (when dinosaurs roamed the Earth). It was crazy then. Fortunately I never had to drive because Uncle Sam provided us vehicles and drivers, often hired Saudis. One of them explained to me that you can tell drivers who are devout Muslims because Allah requires them to give right-of-way to other drivers at all times. So the devout don't ever look, if you don't see them, you don't have to give way.

Only place I've ever seen a 4-way simultaneous crash where the drivers got out & bowed to each other and then went into a shop for tea together like old friends (maybe they were). Pakistan was fucking crazy too but much poorer, 90% of the traffic is scooters and donkey carts so it's not as dangerous.

- DSK

10 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

What about states that Trump won narrowly? Any of those likely to swing Dem because of voter deaths?

Intriguing question. Besides the four mentioned in the article, Alaska with 36,000 vote difference is a slim possibility. Wisconsin with 21,000 votes, the rest require upwards of more than 100,000 dead. A horrific state of affairs, but if there are enough people dying, a whole bunch of voters could be expected to stay away from the polls.

3 hours ago, Mike in Seattle said:

,  to save a brick through the windshield,, just put this next to the Darwin sticker,

Amazon.com: 2PCS FJB Decal, Car Sticker 3D Raised Letters Emblem,  Badgeslide Fender Metal Badge Replacement with Strong Adhesive (2PCS,  Silver) : Automotive

??????

??????

Fuck Joe Biden

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Intriguing question. Besides the four mentioned in the article, Alaska with 36,000 vote difference is a slim possibility. Wisconsin with 21,000 votes, the rest require upwards of more than 100,000 dead. A horrific state of affairs, but if there are enough people dying, a whole bunch of voters could be expected to stay away from the polls.

Let's not forget that the Republicans are trying to make sure that number of votes don't count when you own the machinery.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Let's not forget that the Republicans are trying to make sure that number of votes don't count when you own the machinery.

The last 5 minutes or so of Sunday Morning totally trashed what the Repugs are doing, right after a segment about Martin Luther King Jr.!

52 years after Lyndon Johnson ended racial bias in voting,  now we have it back

The Repugs are really the Jim Crow Party!! :angry:

On 1/14/2022 at 2:55 PM, Mrleft8 said:

One of the best ones I've ever seen, probably was targeting people like you.

"Please forgive me for driving so close to the front bumper of your car for the last mile"

“People like me”?  Tailgating is one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate the assholes that do that and I’m definitely not that guy. 

57 minutes ago, Monkey said:

“People like me”?  Tailgating is one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate the assholes that do that and I’m definitely not that guy. 

Even worse is the assholes driving in the left lane that speed up when I put on my left blinker to pass a slower car in the right-hand lane.  CT highways used to have signs saying "Keep Right Except To Pass"!  Don't know when they were removed, but have been gone for years now, although I believe the law such as it is, is still on the books?

• Like 2

Yeah, probably still on the books, but you can forget that shit. Now it's stay in the left lane and push the guy ahead of you out of the way.

• Like 2

Worst is the cruise control pass. These fucks see you a mile back and then 10 seconds later you're 300 feet back and they just pull out into the left lane and don't press the gas to pass but stay on the cruise control and pass going 1 mph faster than who they are passing. One of these days...

1 minute ago, pusslicker said:

Worst is the cruise control pass. These fucks see you a mile back and then 10 seconds later you're 300 feet back and they just pull out into the left lane and don't press the gas to pass but stay on the cruise control and pass going 1 mph faster than who they are passing. One of these days...

They should be going back to the right lane as soon as their pass is complete. And press on the gas pedal to pass in a speedy manner, CC will resume when they lift off the pedal.

3 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Or the ones (possibly the same) who come up behind, you move over to let them past and they come alongside you and then keep pace with you for a mile or more before they speed up.

I mean WTF?

I find it more than a little ironic that you bunch of nitwits who support abortion would take such a position.

But thanks for the idea.

I think I’m going to buy me one of them “Let’s go Darwin” posters and pop down to the next pro abortion rally in Chicago, just for shits and giggles….

“Lets go Darwin” indeed ….

lol 

48 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I find it more than a little ironic that you bunch of nitwits who support abortion would take such a position.

But thanks for the idea.

I think I’m going to buy me one of them “Let’s go Darwin” posters and pop down to the next pro abortion rally in Chicago, just for shits and giggles….

lol 

Do you oppose abortion?

4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

But thanks for the idea.

lol 

How many children have you adopted? 

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:
5 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

But thanks for the idea.

lol 

Expand  Expand  

Like all anti-abortion right wingers, he only gives a fuck until the moment of birth.

After that it's "Not with my money"

13 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Do you oppose abortion?

9 hours ago, pusslicker said:

9 hours ago, Ishmael said:

He only gets them for the meat.

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Like all anti-abortion right wingers, he only gives a fuck until the moment of birth.

After that it's "Not with my money"

Reading posts down here by people like you idiots is like watching a heard of donkeys.

And obviously, You lot being the weakest in the heard and ripe for natural selection .

In keeping with Darwin’s theory of evolution, you all should abort your children so that the world will in future be a better place without such depraved mutations.

”Let’s go Darwin” indeed….

lol 

3 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Reading posts down here by people like you idiots is like watching a heard of donkeys.

And obviously, You lot being the weakest in the heard and ripe for natural selection .

In keeping with Darwin’s theory of evolution, you all should abort your children so that the world will in future be a better place without such depraved mutations.

lol 

Have you ever spent any time around donkeys?  They are pretty badass!

• Like 1

lol 

So you refuse to put your money where your mouth is? You spout anti-abortion rhetoric but when it comes time to dealing with the consequences you are nowhere to be found. 

15 hours ago, pusslicker said:

I don't see Seamounts post in the thread?  "Let's Go Darwin" is the opposite of "Let's Go Brandon", which means "Fuck Joe Biden".

The point is that anti-vaccer's are going to become dead dumbshits because of Darwin, and most are Trumper's, so the country will be better......

6 hours ago, bridhb said:

Have you ever spent any time around donkeys?  They are pretty badass!

Here’s a tip for ya, Don’t ever ride a donkey with sore ears.

DAMHIKT

lol

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

the weakest in the heard :lol:

and Darwin would be so proud of you.

I can’t think of any weaker in the herd than the unborn.

But sick fucks like you already know that….

ps. Did you ever hear of autocorrect?

How did your ears get sore? Was your boyfriend holding on to them while he reamed you a new asshole?

7 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I don't see Seamounts post in the thread?  "Let's Go Darwin" is the opposite of "Let's Go Brandon", which means "Fuck Joe Biden".

The point is that anti-vaccer's are going to become dead dumbshits because of Darwin, and most are Trumper's, so the country will be better......

That was all kind of lost on that fucking idiot. Or at least his gibberish just didn't make sense. 

• Like 1

That was all kind of lost on that fucking idiot. Or at least his gibberish just didn't make sense. 

I didn't see Seamounts post because I had him on ignore! :P

So, me laughing at the irony of a bunch of sick fucks who advocate for the slaughter of their unborn citing Darwinism as the reason why another bunch of idiots who refuse vaccines  are dying is gibberish?

“Let’s go Darwin” indeed 

lol

10 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

How did your ears get sore? Was your boyfriend holding on to them while he reamed you a new asshole?

I see that not only are you a racist bigot but also a stupid cunt who is incapable of simple reading comprehension.

Why am I not surprised….

On a related note, growing up on a farm, I noted that the only animals who were prone to devouring their offspring (other than Democrats) were the pigs.

Think about that …..

lol

16 minutes ago, Venom said:

So then, why are you getting your panties all in a twist? 

Seriously.  

Far from it!  The more non-vaxed Trumper's that croak, the better the US becomes...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

So, me laughing at the irony of a bunch of sick fucks who advocate for the slaughter of their unborn citing Darwinism as the reason why another bunch of idiots who refuse vaccines  are dying is gibberish?

“Let’s go Darwin” indeed 

lol

A few cells is slaughter now? Just not getting the irony. Aren't they both Darwinism? Again, what are you doing to compensate for more children being born in bad situations? Are you going to adopt?

31 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

So, me laughing at the irony of a bunch of sick fucks who advocate for the slaughter of their unborn ....

A few cells is slaughter now? Just not getting the irony. Aren't they both Darwinism? Again, what are you doing to compensate for more children being born in bad situations? Are you going to adopt?

Holy crap, "advocating for the slaughter of their unborn" sounds like some kind of ancient pagan curse.

First, nobody "advocates for" abortion, at all. Any woman getting an abortion is a tragedy that she undertakes to avoid worse tragedy.

Second, of course Sea Wanker isn't going to expend a single cent of his own for anybody else. Stupid, selfish, asshole, sums him up and it actually gives him more credit than he's worth. I wouldn't have seen his post if not quoted.

And no, Sea Wanker almost certainly doesn't know what cells are, because science is just a bunch of liberal hooey. As is the concept of women as human beings with full rights.

- DSK

• Like 1

I was really surprised, backstay, that you hadn't heard where that came from.

The FJB chant had been happening in sporting arenas for months, just simply not reported by media.

Brandon is a (young) mid-pack guy, who was lucky enough to miss the last lap clusterfireball.

, and stumbled into his first ever Win.  He only wanted to do the commercial, thank his sponsors" & credit his team.

Brown was pro enough to IGNORE the chant and jump into the commercial.

NBC's Stavast  couldn't ignore, and when she tried to spin it,, my jaw 'bout hit the floor,, ( :o ), 

, because I KNEW "something" was going to happen.

, not gettin' in yer grill here, backstay, but you should have known about FJB.

What's interesting is, 

, NBC's reporter most certainly would have been hearing FJB at the other races.

SO

Is she completely stupid ?  

or was she deliberately lighting the fuse on a stick of dynamite .

Here's the interview.

Fans Chant "F*ck Joe Biden!" During Live Brandon Brown NASCAR Interview at Talladega (Original) - YouTube

:) You be the Judge