Jump to content

Boxcar Theft in LA. Amazing Photos and Video


Recommended Posts

220114113326-los-angeles-train-theft-ful

"Washington, DC (CNN)Photos and videos showing piles of empty boxes littered alongside rail tracks in Los Angeles County, California have gone viral as shipping companies say they've seen a dramatic spike in railroad theft. Some of the boxes are packages from companies like UPS, Amazon and FedEx.

Union Pacific, one of the country's largest railroad companies, says it may avoid operating in Los Angeles County following the spike in thefts, which it blames on lax prosecution of crimes. The containers and trains are locked, but can be broken into."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/economy/la-freight-railroad-theft/index.html

 

 

This is the first I have heard about this.  I figured I'd post in PA since it's the Democrats' fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a kid (5th/6th grade) in No. Jersey there was a rail siding near where we used to play. We spent a lot of time getting coins flattened on the tracks and other generally safe non-sense our parents would have frowned on. One day the new kid in the neighborhood bragged he could break into a boxcar on the siding easily. Turns out he was right.

The only thing locking the doors was a thin metal strip crimped with a crushed lead seal and embossed with numbers. It only took a crow bar to break the strip. It was scary fun sliding that door open, expecting to see treasure for the taking.

Frickin' 50 lb sacks of flour! We slashed and spread a few for good measure, then slid the door closed and ran.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How does Union Pacific know that the thefts are caused by "lax prosecution of crimes" ?? 

Are they saying that people have been arrested but not prosecuted ? 

If so, how many times has it happened ?? 

How about some Eva Dense . . ?? 

That is sloppy journalism of the sort that is all too common in the MSM

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

220114113326-los-angeles-train-theft-ful

"Washington, DC (CNN)Photos and videos showing piles of empty boxes littered alongside rail tracks in Los Angeles County, California have gone viral as shipping companies say they've seen a dramatic spike in railroad theft. Some of the boxes are packages from companies like UPS, Amazon and FedEx.

Union Pacific, one of the country's largest railroad companies, says it may avoid operating in Los Angeles County following the spike in thefts, which it blames on lax prosecution of crimes. The containers and trains are locked, but can be broken into."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/economy/la-freight-railroad-theft/index.html

 

 

This is the first I have heard about this.  I figured I'd post in PA since it's the Democrats' fault.

Fucking Biden - worst POTUS ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is simply the poor and downtrodden trying to better themselves. Good to see some personal initiative.

Can someone calculate the relative value of the stolen freight vs. the amount stolen from the US Treasury by America’s Finest? E.g. Union Pacific C-suite occupants.

Obviously we need more cops. More boots on the necks of the poor would have prevented this.

200 containers full of merchandise left unguarded in a known bad part of town. Nobody could have guessed. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

This is simply the poor and downtrodden trying to better themselves. Good to see some personal initiative.

Can someone calculate the relative value of the stolen freight vs. the amount stolen from the US Treasury by America’s Finest? E.g. Union Pacific C-suite occupants.

Obviously we need more cops. More boots on the necks of the poor would have prevented this.

200 containers full of merchandise left unguarded in a known bad part of town. Nobody could have guessed. 

Just another result of our society basically being broken. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, El Borracho said:

This is simply the poor and downtrodden trying to better themselves. Good to see some personal initiative.

Would you have the same kind thoughts if they broke into your house and stole your shit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, El Borracho said:

This is simply the poor and downtrodden trying to better themselves. Good to see some personal initiative.

Can someone calculate the relative value of the stolen freight vs. the amount stolen from the US Treasury by America’s Finest? E.g. Union Pacific C-suite occupants.

Obviously we need more cops. More boots on the necks of the poor would have prevented this.

200 containers full of merchandise left unguarded in a known bad part of town. Nobody could have guessed. 

I agree.  This is simply late stage capitalism playing out.   I don't begrudge anybody looting a train.  If my wife's crochet stuff from amazon was in that mess, Bezos can just send her another at no cost to her.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:
13 hours ago, El Borracho said:

This is simply the poor and downtrodden trying to better themselves. Good to see some personal initiative.

Would you have the same kind thoughts if they broke into your house and stole your shit?

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why purple font is necessary with the humour impaired.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why purple font is necessary with the humour impaired.

I don't think our friend was striking up a chord of humor here, but now that you ave given some wiggle room, I am sure he'll appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, benwynn said:

This is the first I have heard about this.  I figured I'd post in PA since it's the Democrats' fault.

 

PURPLE FONT, PLEASE BEN!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

I don't think our friend was striking up a chord of humor here, but now that you ave given some wiggle room, I am sure he'll appreciate it.

Au contraire! My snarky comment was precisely aimed at the ridiculous social philosophy incessantly promoted by your elk. You made my day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Would you have the same kind thoughts if they broke into your house and stole your shit?

Even the lowest form of humour escapes you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

Au contraire! My snarky comment was precisely aimed at the ridiculous social philosophy incessantly promoted by your elk. You made my day. 

And what social philosophy may that be that I specifically promote?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

How does Union Pacific know that the thefts are caused by "lax prosecution of crimes" ?? 

Are they saying that people have been arrested but not prosecuted ?

 

Prop 47, Prop 57, and AB-109.  Even Eric Garcetti, one of LA's most liberal mayors concedes that the shit has gotten out of control.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Would you have the same kind thoughts if they broke into your house and stole your shit?

And this is why we think you're an idiot

Everyone knows homeowners can use guns.

Big business prefers that others pay for their security.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ventucky Red said:

Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama were in office after Regan for a total of 16 years...  why wasn't if fixed?

who the fuck is Regan?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama were in office after Regan for a total of 16 years...  why wasn't if fixed?

Clinton barely got the 1993 budget passed, the one that paved the way to a balanced budget, due to Republican intransigence and then he got impeached. Obama barely the ACA passed due to Republican intransigence. I recall Obama promised to close Guantanamo but Saint McCain prevented that too.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.51a13caefd54760266702d790bc632a5.png

Replace "science" in that quote with a bad word, like "government", if you will. If you are stubborn, read Gravity's Rainbow.

there may be a new sock, named Tyrone Slothrop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

And what social philosophy may that be that I specifically promote?

Hmm, I dunno, what could your agenda be?

Oh yeah it's

2 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

....  Even Eric Garcetti, one of LA's most liberal mayors concedes that the shit has gotten out of control.

LIBERALS/DEMOCRATS=BAD!!

Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe the thieves are just distributing needed goods to poor people, so that the 1%ers aren't getting the majority of the $$ involved?

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren doing his best really awful Mick Jagger imitation. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Prop 47, Prop 57, and AB-109.  Even Eric Garcetti, one of LA's most liberal mayors concedes that the shit has gotten out of control.

You ducked the question as per usual . . 

What  is the Eva Dense that "lax prosecution" is the cause of the train break-ins. 

Please keep in mind that the prison industrial complex rakes in colossal bucks due to mass incarceration. 

And you suck it all up without reflection or skepticism.  

Ya tool. 

CAPITALISM IN ACTION...The prison-industrial complex mirrors the military-industrial  complex. : r/COMPLETEANARCHY

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Voyageur said:

who the fuck is Regan?

 

The guy who brought us "trickle-down" economics, which means the rich people get richer, and they piss down on all the rest of us...

It never worked, but it kept the Rich Republicans in the money for decades...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Prop 47, Prop 57, and AB-109.  Even Eric Garcetti, one of LA's most liberal mayors concedes that the shit has gotten out of control.

 

 

He’s moving to India in a few months.  He’s just trying to acclimate to his new surroundings!  
 


https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-12-16/eric-garcetti-joe-biden-ambassador-india

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ventucky Red said:

Prop 47, Prop 57, and AB-109.  Even Eric Garcetti, one of LA's most liberal mayors concedes that the shit has gotten out of control.

 

 

You're putting this on Garcetti, shouldn't railroads bear the responsibility for more police since they are the primary hiring authority?

The Union Pacific Police Department has primary jurisdiction over crimes committed against the railroad. Special Agents have primary jurisdiction over crimes committed against the railroad. The department is responsible for all Union Pacific locations across 32,000 miles of track in 23 states. Its success has served as a model for national crime management; the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation’s creation in 1907 was closely tied to the Union Pacific Police Department's approach.

Railroad police are certified state law enforcement officers with investigative and arrest powers both on and off railroad property in most states. They also have interstate law enforcement authority pursuant to federal law.

In 2014 the Union Pacific Police Department achieved accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) for complying with the highest law enforcement standards. The department renewed it's commitment to these standards and achieved reccreditation in 2017. Only 4 percent of U.S. law enforcement agencies have earned CALEA accreditation.

History

The railroad police force dates to the mid-1800s, when the number of U.S. Marshals was insufficient to police America's growing rail network. Members were called Pinkertons, named after their originator, Alan Pinkerton. Today, each Class I railroad employs Special Agents across the country to protect America’s rail network.

Top

Role

Crimes investigated include trespassing on railroad rights of way, theft of railroad property, threats of terrorism and derailments.

Special Agents often take a proactive safety and security message to schools, businesses and civic organizations as well as investigate public safety incidents which occur on railroad property.

Railroad police turn to sophisticated surveillance technology and investigative techniques, such as the use of night vision, thermal imagers, K-9 teams, and other equipment. They often work with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies on issues concerning the railroad.

As with all law enforcement professionals, the Special Agent job carries with it a potential for dangerous situations. Union Pacific has created a plaque honoring fallen Special Agents who put their lives on the line for the protection of the railroad they served. Created by UP's Police Department, the plaque includes names, dates and locations of the deaths, and the railroads represented. The plaque is on public display at the Union Pacific Railroad Museum in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Additionally, the names of fallen heroes are submitted to the National Law Enforcement Memorial in Washington, DC.

Top

Contact

Special Agents are dispatched by Union Pacific’s Response Management Communication Center.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You're putting this on Garcetti, shouldn't railroads bear the responsibility for more police since they are the primary hiring authority?

The Union Pacific Police Department has primary jurisdiction over crimes committed against the railroad....   ...

 

Fuck that! Poor people are supposed to pay more taxes to hire more security for rich people's corporate property!

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Fuck that! Poor people are supposed to pay more taxes to hire more security for rich people's corporate property!

- DSK

It's kind of ironic that RR's don't have an argument to stand on, it's clearly their problem, and their problem to fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My great grandfather was a Pinkerton agent. (Not in the railroad side, but jewelery theft stuff) I have a sterling silver ashtray that was part of his retirement pkg. There was also a big platter, and a small bowl, both of which grew legs when I was very young. He had a Colt Model 1911 fully automatic pistol, and a S/W .22 short ankle revolver....

 He was the most mild mannered guy you ever met (He died when I was just a tadpole) and I cant imagine him ever firing those weapons, but I've seen pictures of him, and his brother(Nation parks Ranger, Washington/Oregon) from back in the day, and yeah, no.... I wouldn't have messed with either of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess now would be a good time to mention that UP has been slowly layoff their police and special agent force since about 2018-2019. More and more of that work has been contracted out to bargain basement priced private security companies. Seems like UP would like to further their profits by having local law enforcement do that job. Always nice when the tax payers can help the bottomline.

I alway though is would be a cool job to work for a railroad like UP, but man, of the top 10 worst companies to work for, guess who came in number one? 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/17-worst-companies-america-170000191.html

Looks like railroads in general aren't very good to work for. Union Pacific #1, Norfolk & Southern #2, and CSX #5 worst places to work (2020).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

My great grandfather was a Pinkerton agent. (Not in the railroad side, but jewelery theft stuff) I have a sterling silver ashtray that was part of his retirement pkg. There was also a big platter, and a small bowl, both of which grew legs when I was very young. He had a Colt Model 1911 fully automatic pistol, and a S/W .22 short ankle revolver....

By golly, we've got ourselves a gun thread!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, βhyde said:

I guess now would be a good time to mention that UP has been slowly layoff their police and special agent force since about 2018-2019. More and more of that work has been contracted out to bargain basement priced private security companies. Seems like UP would like to further their profits by having local law enforcement do that job. Always nice when the tax payers can help the bottomline.

I alway though is would be a cool job to work for a railroad like UP, but man, of the top 10 worst companies to work for, guess who came in number one? 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/17-worst-companies-america-170000191.html

Looks like railroads in general aren't very good to work for. Union Pacific #1, Norfolk & Southern #2, and CSX #5 worst places to work (2020).

All of the people that I know who work for AMTRAK or Metro North love the pay, bennies, and other workers..... Until you get some seniority, the schedule sux..... But that's par for the course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, βhyde said:

I guess now would be a good time to mention that UP has been slowly layoff their police and special agent force since about 2018-2019. More and more of that work has been contracted out to bargain basement priced private security companies. Seems like UP would like to further their profits by having local law enforcement do that job. Always nice when the tax payers can help the bottomline.

I alway though is would be a cool job to work for a railroad like UP, but man, of the top 10 worst companies to work for, guess who came in number one? 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/17-worst-companies-america-170000191.html

Looks like railroads in general aren't very good to work for. Union Pacific #1, Norfolk & Southern #2, and CSX #5 worst places to work (2020).

But Hillary used email....

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, badlatitude said:

You're putting this on Garcetti, shouldn't railroads bear the responsibility for more police since they are the primary hiring authority?

The Union Pacific Police Department has primary jurisdiction over crimes committed against the railroad. Special Agents have primary jurisdiction over crimes committed against the railroad. The department is responsible for all Union Pacific locations across 32,000 miles of track in 23 states. Its success has served as a model for national crime management; the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation’s creation in 1907 was closely tied to the Union Pacific Police Department's approach.

Railroad police are certified state law enforcement officers with investigative and arrest powers both on and off railroad property in most states. They also have interstate law enforcement authority pursuant to federal law.

In 2014 the Union Pacific Police Department achieved accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA) for complying with the highest law enforcement standards. The department renewed it's commitment to these standards and achieved reccreditation in 2017. Only 4 percent of U.S. law enforcement agencies have earned CALEA accreditation.

History

The railroad police force dates to the mid-1800s, when the number of U.S. Marshals was insufficient to police America's growing rail network. Members were called Pinkertons, named after their originator, Alan Pinkerton. Today, each Class I railroad employs Special Agents across the country to protect America’s rail network.

Top

 

Role

Crimes investigated include trespassing on railroad rights of way, theft of railroad property, threats of terrorism and derailments.

Special Agents often take a proactive safety and security message to schools, businesses and civic organizations as well as investigate public safety incidents which occur on railroad property.

Railroad police turn to sophisticated surveillance technology and investigative techniques, such as the use of night vision, thermal imagers, K-9 teams, and other equipment. They often work with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies on issues concerning the railroad.

As with all law enforcement professionals, the Special Agent job carries with it a potential for dangerous situations. Union Pacific has created a plaque honoring fallen Special Agents who put their lives on the line for the protection of the railroad they served. Created by UP's Police Department, the plaque includes names, dates and locations of the deaths, and the railroads represented. The plaque is on public display at the Union Pacific Railroad Museum in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Additionally, the names of fallen heroes are submitted to the National Law Enforcement Memorial in Washington, DC.

Top

 

Contact

Special Agents are dispatched by Union Pacific’s Response Management Communication Center.

 

Please remind me what happens to these people once they are apprehended?  Does the Union Pacific have its own judicial and incarceration system?  Or, can they just shoot them on sight the way it was done in the eighteen hundreds?

No, I am not putting this on Garcetti, but when one of the most liberal mayors out there is say "the shit is fucked up" in reference to Prop 47.... well.... if it quacks, shits, and smells like a duck, there is more to it than what the phuckl

https://www.foxla.com/news/mayor-garcetti-criticizes-prop-47-laments-broken-system-in-reaction-to-fox-11-meth-addiction-investigation

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Please remind me what happens to these people once they are apprehended?  Does the Union Pacific have its own judicial and incarceration system?  Or, can they just shoot them on sight the way it was done in the eighteen hundreds?

....

Railroad police are certified state law enforcement officers with investigative and arrest powers both on and off railroad property in most states. They also have interstate law enforcement authority pursuant to federal law.

https://www.up.com/aboutup/community/safety/special_agents/index.htm

In other words, they have the same authority as any other police department. They are similar to other transit authorities like the BART police who, on occasion, shoot people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

My great grandfather was a Pinkerton agent. (Not in the railroad side, but jewelery theft stuff) I have a sterling silver ashtray that was part of his retirement pkg. There was also a big platter, and a small bowl, both of which grew legs when I was very young. He had a Colt Model 1911 fully automatic pistol, and a S/W .22 short ankle revolver....

 He was the most mild mannered guy you ever met (He died when I was just a tadpole) and I cant imagine him ever firing those weapons, but I've seen pictures of him, and his brother(Nation parks Ranger, Washington/Oregon) from back in the day, and yeah, no.... I wouldn't have messed with either of them.

Not saying this was your grandfather, but the Pinkertons have a little bit of a tarnished history to them. . Yeah, they always got their man, but some of their methods were a little unorthodox to say the least along with being known as union-busters..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, βhyde said:

Railroad police are certified state law enforcement officers with investigative and arrest powers both on and off railroad property in most states. They also have interstate law enforcement authority pursuant to federal law.

https://www.up.com/aboutup/community/safety/special_agents/index.htm

In other words, they have the same authority as any other police department. They are similar to other transit authorities like the BART police who, on occasion, shoot people.

Again, once they arrest someone, what happens?

I remember that BART shooting, what ever happened there?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Fuck that! Poor people are supposed to pay more taxes to hire more security for rich people's corporate property!

- DSK

No, they don't pay more taxes, they along with you and I, will just pay higher prices.

As a part of doing business, they'll just up the "shrinkage" margin and pass that off to the consumer. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Again, once they arrest someone, what happens?

I remember that BART shooting, what ever happened there?

 

The UP police turn the perps over to local authorities. They are booked just like any other suspect.

The BART shooting resulted in a manslaughter conviction (involuntary) for the officer with a two year sentence. Oscar Grant (the perp) got a death sentence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Oscar_Grant#Closing_arguments_and_verdict

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ventucky Red said:

Please remind me what happens to these people once they are apprehended?  Does the Union Pacific have its own judicial and incarceration system?  Or, can they just shoot them on sight the way it was done in the eighteen hundreds?

 

We told you who has primary responsibility, what happens after arrest is your best guess Google.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

We told you who has primary responsibility, what happens after arrest is your best guess Google.

No, I am asking you, who prosecutes them?  Are you saying you're clueless about how the system works?

Pretty sad the LA County Sheriff is now bypassing the LA and State District Attorney to seek a prosecution in murder case

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

No, they don't pay more taxes, they along with you and I, will just pay higher prices.

As a part of doing business, they'll just up the "shrinkage" margin and pass that off to the consumer. 

 

So, at what point do the uppermost echelon of corporate welfare recipients stop grabbing whatever they want, and start leaving more for the rest of us? Do we really need to pitchfork a few of them, or is there perhaps some socio-economic policy that might influence them?

They're certainly not going to pay more taxes as long as they have government sitting in a jar on their desk.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

No, I am asking you, who prosecutes them?  Are you saying you're clueless about how the system works?

...

Criminal Act->Arrest->Booking->Arraignment->Bail->Trial->Conviction.

What part don't you understand?

Link to post
Share on other sites

About 30 years ago, a friend told me that RR cops were nicknamed bulls, and they were like Marine Corp in blue uniforms. I learned that firsthand when I ordered a container of imported tile delivered to a home I was building for sale. What I didn't know was that it had not cleared customs, when I had been told otherwise by the railroad agent. 

The Santa Fe RR police rushed my business, threatened to jail me in county, threatened to refer me to the US attorney for theft of container from customs. I love bluster, they tried to railroad me (pun intended) and I shoved the speeding train right up their butt, showing them the brokers okay to pickup, and the error was their fault.

I learned the process that day, and now you know.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, βhyde said:
45 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

No, I am asking you, who prosecutes them?  Are you saying you're clueless about how the system works?

...

Criminal Act->Arrest->Booking->Arraignment->Bail->Trial->Conviction.

What part don't you understand?

He understands there is a DEMOCRAT in there somewhere, therefor it's their fault! That's all he needs to understand because that's as far as he's ever going to pay attention.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

He understands there is a DEMOCRAT in there somewhere, therefor it's their fault!

That is just as dumb as blaming Dems for the Covid response, or failure to rake as the cause of wild fires.  

Note that he blamed Dem prosecutors for the RR thefts based on zero Eva Dense; 

and then gets all huffy when asked to produce some. 

That is how Bad Faith works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:
56 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

He understands there is a DEMOCRAT in there somewhere, therefor it's their fault!

That is just as dumb as blaming Dems for the Covid response, or failure to rake as the cause of wild fires.  

Note that he blamed Dem prosecutors for the RR thefts based on zero Eva Dense; 

and then gets all huffy when asked to produce some. 

That is how Bad Faith works. 

Not sure if it's Bad Faith or Blind Faith.

But you can bet the farm 40% of USAnians will agree, with zero evidence, that XYZ (name something bad) and it's the fault of all those goddam DEMOCRATS.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ventucky Red said:

Do you have a pension fund or a 401K? 

Still waiting for you to produce evidence of prosecutorial misfeasance . .  

You don't have a scintilla of it, do you ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ventucky Red said:
7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

and start leaving more for the rest of us?

 

Do you have a pension fund or a 401K? 

What does that have to do with this?

wealth-inequality-usa.jpg

Let me guess... you believe the corporate bullshit about "shareholder value" as much as you believe the constant harping about how awful terrible no-good horrible very-bad those goddam Democrats are.

In any event the answer to your question is no. I -AM- retired, thanks to generating more income by investing my savings than I ever was paid. So go ahead, give your spiel. I could use a good laugh.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mid said:

Reminds me of Jakarta...

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, Mrleft8 said:

Warren doing his best really awful Mick Jagger imitation. :D

Nah, he got hooked on the funk craze for a bit is all. Messed around with it in "Leave My Monkey Alone" too. 
 
"Funk is it's own reward." -George Clinton 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, benwynn said:

220114113326-los-angeles-train-theft-ful

"Washington, DC (CNN)Photos and videos showing piles of empty boxes littered alongside rail tracks in Los Angeles County, California have gone viral as shipping companies say they've seen a dramatic spike in railroad theft. Some of the boxes are packages from companies like UPS, Amazon and FedEx.

Union Pacific, one of the country's largest railroad companies, says it may avoid operating in Los Angeles County following the spike in thefts, which it blames on lax prosecution of crimes. The containers and trains are locked, but can be broken into."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/economy/la-freight-railroad-theft/index.html

 

 

This is the first I have heard about this.  I figured I'd post in PA since it's the Democrats' fault.

HO LEE FUK!  I heard about this on NPR a day or two ago but hadn't seen the pics.  How the FUCK does this shit happen?? 

Oh yeah, never mind.  It's Kaliforn-i-a.  The land of fruitz and nutz where stealing something under $950 is not considered a crime worth the po-LEECE's time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The porch pirates have gone straight to the hydrant.    How much shit sold through third party venders on the big sites started out in that rail yard but went missing for the first purchaser?   It’s so easy to resell hot consumer goods now.   I noticed my most recent purchase (Macy’s was cheapest) shipped via Canada to dodge LA.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 7:55 PM, Burning Man said:

HO LEE FUK!  I heard about this on NPR a day or two ago but hadn't seen the pics.  How the FUCK does this shit happen?? 

Oh yeah, never mind.  It's Kaliforn-i-a.  The land of fruitz and nutz where stealing something under $950 is not considered a crime worth the po-LEECE's time.  

They won’t even go after most over the $950 threshold.  Most car thefts in San Francisco and Los Angeles aren’t being prosecuted, as the DA’s say “We can’t prove that the car was locked”. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, silent bob said:

They won’t even go after most over the $950 threshold.  Most car thefts in San Francisco and Los Angeles aren’t being prosecuted, as the DA’s say “We can’t prove that the car was locked”. 

So the new standard of proof is that the door needs to be locked for it to be considered a theft?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ventucky Red said:

So the new standard of proof is that the door needs to be locked for it to be considered a theft?

That's the usual standard of proof here in Canada. Insurance will still cover you, but you'll have DUMBSHIT stamped on your folder and it might cost you a lot more next time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

That's the usual standard of proof here in Canada. Insurance will still cover you, but you'll have DUMBSHIT stamped on your folder and it might cost you a lot more next time.

I read a neighborhood app and it’s amazing how many people don’t lock their car in the driveway and get items stolen out it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tommays said:

I read a neighborhood app and it’s amazing how many people don’t lock their car in the driveway and get items stolen out it 

Well, in the city you're screwed if you do and you're screwed if you don't.  Lock the car and they break the window before they steal your stuff, and maybe the car.  Keep it unlocked and stuff still gets stolen and the car might still vanish, but at least the window doesn't get broken.

I learned this about 20 years ago in Oahu, where the only available rental car was a convertible.  Somebody slashed the top, opened the trunk, and stole the spare tire and jack.  I was later informed that I should always keep the car doors unlocked.  One of my kids lives in San Francisco and he sees this shit on a daily basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 7:55 PM, Burning Man said:

HO LEE FUK!  I heard about this on NPR a day or two ago but hadn't seen the pics.  How the FUCK does this shit happen?? 

Oh yeah, never mind.  It's Kaliforn-i-a.  The land of fruitz and nutz where stealing something under $950 is not considered a crime worth the po-LEECE's time.  

It was reported above that the security of those yards in up to the Union Pacific . .  

take it up with them

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Under federal law, Union Pacific and other railroad companies can employ their own police force accredited by the state to protect tracks. Former employees and police say budgetary issues have slashed the ranks of the company’s force, leaving as few as half a dozen in the region. Union Pacific declined to say how many agents it has.

Union Pacific from Yuma, Ariz., to L.A. has six people patrolling,” said Los Angeles Police Capt. German Hurtado, who works in the Hollenbeck station covering Lincoln Heights. “It is like digging sand at the beach. We set up a task force. We are making an arrest and then we see a quarter of a mile down the track someone else taking merchandise.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-01-20/los-angeles-rail-theft-supply-chain-crunch-limited-security

Meanwhile in related news, UP's profit margin (Dec 21) is 29.84% (up 11.18%) on $5.73B in revenue. I can only imagine the difficult kinds of budgetary issues that that sort of profit can cause.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The local Riech seemed to lost interest in this thread when . . 

the predations of Boxcar Willie . .  

could no longer be pinned on 

the Libruls or Dems. 

Strange Dat  !!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...