Looking for Crew - Mass/RI J-121

Experienced skipper looking to add crew for the first full year with a new (to me) 40' J-121.  I took delivery of the  boat late last summer but only had a few weeks to even begin to learn to make her go.  Experience is desirable but commitment, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn are equally important.  Emphasis on fun and learning.  Not looking to put together a rock star / win at all cost type program.  We plan to do mostly medium distance "adventure style" races around Southern New England this season.  Longer term goals include Marblehead/Halifax, Newport/Bermuda and perhaps even SORC/Caribbean regattas.  Boat is fully equipped (new sails and electronics) to win.  Only thing lacking is additional crew!  Don't be shy.

IMG_0940 (002).jpg

Fun and congrats on the boat! Not sure what the racing scene is like in BB these days, but points north have seen a dramatic reduction in handicap racing. 50%+ of what the fleets were 10 years ago. Newport is the last bastion of competitive handicap racing from what I've experienced. Short handed stuff seems to be thriving lately where fully crewed used to.

If you're ever in Boston with the boat drop me a note. Can help with slips/mooring and if I'm free would jump on for a race.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I'm out of Mattapoisett as well - I've seen your boat around. We have an Alerion 28 and a Hunt 25 in the harbor. I haven't done much racing recently but I grew up racing lasers & 420's out of Marion. Shoot me a note if you're ever looking for crew.