Are False Electors actually Traitors?

Per the document they tried to overthrow:   Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The false electors presumably didn't take an oath to break like the POTUS, Senators and Representatives did.   I'm not sure what that equals in the criminal code.   The false electors attempted to replace the republic with a monarchy, but failed to meet the definition of Treason.  Go figure.   I vote we hang them anyway.   Maybe they can find the gallows left over from the insurrection.   

10 minutes ago, Lark said:

Per the document they tried to overthrow:   Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their ( clarification edit. Insert: Foreign or domestic) Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The false electors presumably didn't take an oath to break like the POTUS, Senators and Representatives did.   I'm not sure what that equals in the criminal code.   The false electors attempted to replace the republic with a monarchy, but failed to meet the definition of Treason.  Go figure.   I vote we hang them anyway.   Maybe they can find the gallows left over from the insurrection.   

The treasonous bastards attempted to aid a domestic enemy of the United States of America.  
Try them all and hang each one who is found guilty of supporting Gropenfuhrer 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Nice! said:

"adhering to their enemies"

I don't think the word enemy applies until they actually overthrow the election and begin the civil war.

17 minutes ago, Lark said:

I don't think the word enemy applies until they actually overthrow the election and begin the civil war.

So the actions of the fake electors are not considered traitorous unless some other people's coup is successful? 

16 minutes ago, Nice! said:

So the actions of the fake electors are not considered traitorous unless some other people's coup is successful? 

They are not traitorous until they become enemies.   This is the only crime spelled out in the Constitution.   Though the word is used casually today, the strict definition seems to require hostility and violence.    I think the moment they get their boogaloo they are subject to treason charges.  Of course that's only if they surrender.   They can be shot on sight as a reward for the civil war they so desperately want.   After all, what's the point of a civil war if we aren't killing each other on sight?   Grim thoughts.   

May not be traitors but unless they face some serious jail time the next time this happens (and there will be a next time) it will succeed as the perps will get more sophisticated. No slap on the wrist, no fines, no probation. Years in fuck me in the  ass graybar hotel. No club fed

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

May not be traitors but unless they face some serious jail time the next time this happens (and there will be a next time) it will succeed as the perps will get more sophisticated. No slap on the wrist, no fines, no probation. Years in fuck me in the  ass graybar hotel. No club fed

Right, they will only be emboldened by failures to prosecute and jail. 

3 hours ago, Lark said:

They are not traitorous until they become enemies.   This is the only crime spelled out in the Constitution.   Though the word is used casually today, the strict definition seems to require hostility and violence.    I think the moment they get their boogaloo they are subject to treason charges.  Of course that's only if they surrender.   They can be shot on sight as a reward for the civil war they so desperately want.   After all, what's the point of a civil war if we aren't killing each other on sight?   Grim thoughts.   

Best I can tell, anybody who attempts to insurrect should be considered an enemy of the country, regardless of whether they are successful or not.

Therefore, anyone who adheres to insurrectionists should be considered traitors. As are the insurrectionists themselves.

29 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Best I can tell, anybody who attempts to insurrect should be considered an enemy of the country, regardless of whether they are successful or not.

Therefore, anyone who adheres to insurrectionists should be considered traitors. As are the insurrectionists themselves.

I thing a mob hanging Pelosi and Pence would qualify.    If they got there a bit faster, but failed to install Trump as King, the criteria would have been clearly met and the republic could be made safe from the next attempt.   Since the false electors were their pretext, at that point they could also be charged with treason in the failed coup.  

I’m confident there are still plenty of creative felonies to be found for all, including fraud, election fraud, perjury, endangering the safety of a public official, being a public nuisance, violation of leash law, etc.     

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Don't mean shit.  He has no worries talking about it because he knows there won't be any repercussions. 

16 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

So no one gets a referral to DOJ?

Any actual convictions will be pardoned in 2024, plus as a hero to the cause they will receive the land, assets and least ugly daughter of a Democrat in their district in 2029.   

1 minute ago, Lark said:

Any actual convictions will be pardoned in 2024, plus as a hero to the cause they will receive the land, assets and least ugly daughter of a Democrat in their district in 2029.   

Only if Trump is elected, and I don't think he will be the front-runner.

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Only if Trump is elected, and I don't think he will be the front-runner.

Gym Jordan, Moscow Mitch, General Flynn, Governors, there are many in the Republican hierarchy that chose power over country.   Some of them actually detest Trump.   A Republican insider might not miss the chance to become leader for life because he likes to hear himself rant on TV.    He would act and succeed where Trump talked for 45 minutes and lost his chance.   The military might have an easier time following the oathbreakers if a rational man attempted the coup, especially if the opposition threatened budget cuts instead of rapid growth (opportunity for promotion and retirement as a consultant).  Trump is charismatic but incompetent.  I actually think the Republic is safer if Trump gets a second chance.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Voyageur said:

God Bless Mike Pence.

Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw fake electors plot  in 7 states | Politics: Your Voice Your Vote | wxow.com

Hell no!  Pence was all in, he was just afraid he would get in trouble.  He hasn't done squat to help prosecute anybody since then.  You know the information he has could have had everyone in jail by now.  He is still hoping for a shot at the whitehouse.

• Like 1

Let's try not to get bogged down in semantics. Sedition, Treason and Insurrection all have different meanings. In this case you have the planners and motivators who created the situation. They are guilty of Sedition. Then you have the perpetrators of the violence. Those are guilty of Insurrection.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Voyageur said:

probably

There was an interesting discussion last night between Bill Maher and Timothy Snyder, professor of history at Yale.  Maher asks if false electors are inserted and the win goes to TFG, wouldn't Kamale Harris be in the same position as Pence was?  And wouldn't she then have the duty to throw out the votes of false electors?

Interesting scenario... 

13 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Anybody who fucks with free and fair elections - in any manner - is a traitor.

And until those people are prosecuted and imprisoned, they will continue fucking with elections, as they are now.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Mike G said:

And no ability to own firearms after jail.

And shot dead.  Sorry been jailing traitors for  trying to overthrow a democratic government Will do nothing for the next batch of fuck nuts. Firing squad shoot them dead. There was a reason why traders were shot dead a long time ago

My first time posting in this SA Forum but out of boredom with zero going on AC-Wise.. And a LOT going on this week in Donald News: 

Who do folks think will flip the biggest? There are apparently investigations at the NY State level (Civil) and in Manhattan (Criminal), for potential IRS and Bank and Insurance Fraud to the tune of hundreds of $Millions.

Plus the investigations in Fulton County Georgia about election-fraud fuckery, political only because that's what it is exactly about.

And in of course the Jan 6 Select Commitee, (political for obviously good reason too) about the multi-pronged attempts to overthrow a clean US Presidential election. Spokes of a criminal corruption wheel with DJT at the hub. The walls, the imaginary 'Big Beautiful Walls,' got moving in tighter this week on all those fronts.

Again: Who's the biggest one that's gonna get flipped in return for some degree of leniency?

Meadows? I hope so.. Unlike AC crapola, this insurrection Banana Republic shit is historically important to put an end to! 

Go USA

• Like 2

I'd like to think that Pense would be a good source of inside info primarily because as a very public and vocal CHRISTIAN, I would imagine he might take an oath to tell the truth pretty seriously, especially if someone were to ask him while under oath if he believes lying is a sin. Remember, the Bible has no 5th amendment.

29 minutes ago, Willin' said:

I'd like to think that Pense would be a good source of inside info primarily because as a very public and vocal CHRISTIAN, I would imagine he might take an oath to tell the truth pretty seriously, especially if someone were to ask him while under oath if he believes lying is a sin. Remember, the Bible has no 5th amendment.

Think I read that Pense's Chief of Staff, is it Short?, is already telling the truth? 

If these things do come down to the Trump family turning on each other in the face of long prison sentences? I'm guessing Trump will blame his own damn children before they ever dare to blame him but time (and lawyers) will tell..  Ivanka without any makeup, in a prison cell for 20 years, will be (to her) an extremely frightening sight to behold. The competition to flip for the best deal always happens eventually in these situations.

I do not expect that Giuiani will be offered anything ever, that guy is one of the many, probably dozens, who will be taken Down once the DOJ eventually gets deep into them.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, dacapo said:

And shot dead.  Sorry been jailing traitors for  trying to overthrow a democratic government Will do nothing for the next batch of fuck nuts. Firing squad shoot them dead. There was a reason why traders were shot dead a long time ago

That was only whiskey traders wasn't it?

18 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Ivanka without any makeup, in a prison cell for 20 years, will be (to her) an extremely frightening sight to behold.

She'll still have perfect tits though.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

783c7e4c9ec25a2e54570f372353a294a64d1567

Now that's a mental picture that can be added to the next zombie movie, devastating date night for teenage guys everywhere.

I imagine the MAGATS will go for those first, then the other parts after the falsies are defeated..... Um.... Deflated.

CNN: “Under state law, I think clearly you have forgery of a public record, which is a 14-year offense, and election law forgery, which is a five-year offense," Michigan Attorney general Dana Nessel, a Democrat, told MSNBC last week, about the fake certificates signed by pro-Trump electors.”

But, she’s a Democrat quoted by CNN so it’s not clear this AG can be trusted, nor the veracity of the quote established unless repeated by, say Steve Bannon.

• Like 1
On 1/22/2022 at 9:24 PM, Willin' said:

Remember, the Bible has no 5th amendment.

The updated White Evangelical version corrected that omission and made several other minor mods: Jesus is no longer a Jew, for one, Evangelicals have really never been OK with that. The Second A eliminated women. Poof! Gone. Third indicates Justin (the modern name) was born on April 6 but the official date of 12/25 keeps the economic engine humming; the end result allows keeping decorations up thru April. The Fourth clarified that Justin's "missing" 18 years were spent studying martial arts in the Far East. The Fifth eliminated the ten so called "Commandments," leaving anything goes. QED.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, Olsonist said:

Tom will be along shortly to same that the Nincomcoupers are really just a bunch of good ol' boys.

Sorry, it's hard to keep up with all the threads on this topic. I've offered reference material in a couple of them.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, Pertinacious Tom said:

On 1/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, Pertinacious Tom said:

Sorry as always about the Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading.