6 hours ago, Bull City said:

Making fun of a speech impediment - very flickworthy. :lol:

Bull, Shirley you remember Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny.  What Boomer can suppress a smile thinking about those old cartoons.  Those mannerisms/lisps are often employed around here, like shirley, elk or fractal mistake, etc.......without malevolence.  Amati's words are a direct quote of Elmer, solely, I think, to elicit a memory and chuckle.  I've always taken similar references to be innocent, a throw back to the humor/silliness of us old guy's childhood in the 50s/60's.  I can't imagine anyone here would think it funny to mock a disability or impediment.  OTOH I get where others might take offense; certainly I'm shocked and embarrassed when someone, who should know better, mocks disabilities, (or other antisocial behavior), in a demeaning way.  Maybe its best to let even Elmer's lisp die with the 60's.

Peace and love

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, eric1207 said:

Bull, Shirley you remember Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny.  What Boomer can suppress a smile thinking about those old cartoons.  Those mannerisms/lisps are often employed around here, like shirley, elk or fractal mistake, etc.......without malevolence.  Amati's words are a direct quote of Elmer, solely, I think, to elicit a memory and chuckle.  I've always taken similar references to be innocent, a throw back to the humor/silliness of us old guy's childhood in the 50s/60's.  I can't imagine anyone here would think it funny to mock a disability or impediment.  OTOH I get where others might take offense; certainly I'm shocked and embarrassed when someone, who should know better, mocks disabilities, (or other antisocial behavior), in a demeaning way.  Maybe its best to let even Elmer's lisp die with the 60's.

Peace and love

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Surely we are not going to ban lisping cartoon characters from the 60's and 70's!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

He rode Bob Perry so hard and said he owned him that I finally had to hunt him down. Found him up the PNW and let BP know who he was. He was a loser and I won’t post his name, but he emailed me an my response was Aces High! He took his shit and bolted. Looked like the guy from the movie UP! 

You chased off Jammer 6? That's your good deed for the year, for sure. Thank you!

- DSK

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

You chased off Jammer 6? That's your good deed for the year, for sure. Thank you!

- DSK

I did and it was fun figuring out who he is. One dumb sumbich who used the same name for everything. That was his downfall:P

That was a good day!!

• Like 3

Turns out he was working for a Charter company in the PNW and used Jammer6 as his gmail account….Lyle never saw it coming. He “disowned” BP after that and deleted all his stalking bullshit.

10 hours ago, eric1207 said:

Peace and love

Surely you know I was joking.

I remember Bugs and Elmer very fondly. Let's not forget Porky Pig, who also had a speech impediment.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Surely you know I was joking.

I remember Bugs and Elmer very fondly. Let's not forget Porky Pig, who also had a speech impediment.

It turns out that the original voice over artist for Porky had a stutter, and, although everybody loved his work, it just took too long to get a good take, and long story short, Mel Blanc took over the voice, although he voiced Porky to be so excited he couldn’t get a sentence out cleanly, rather than having a stutter, which was funnier.  If you listen to early Porky, and then later Mel Blanc’s Porky, you’ll hear the difference.  

I am surprised that no one has gotten down on Warner Brothers for fat shaming poor Porky.  

10 hours ago, mckenzie.keith said:

Heavens to Murgatroyd! Surely we are not going to ban lisping cartoon characters from the 60's and 70's!

Well, The Sylvester the Cat School of Speech Pathology has been discredited, forced to close…..;)

• Like 1

This turned out hilarious.  You guys remember way more about those cartoons than I.  Its fun to think of them after so much time.  

Bull you needed purple font for this slow brain. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

What abowt widdew Tweety Biwd?? 

80DD36FB-0DCC-4F58-9960-D81E530D2A9E.jpeg

The beautiful yellow bird who thought he/she spied a Cat representing The Sylvester the Cat School of Speech Pathology?  And, upon looking once more, did proclaim she/he did see said feline?  Egads, man!  Did the aforesaid twittering bird ever present us with song?

on a related topic, I do believe Wimpy “I’ll gladly pay on Tuesday” was voiced in such a way as to not offend, either with speech, or diction.  

I even found his avatar again. He uses that for all his forum work. He was flicked from a gun forum for being a complete fool and was banned from a few others. I have to check out Cruisers forum (?) to see if he is still over there attacking folks. Have to find his pic again.

4CC6139F-FD31-4E66-8BC5-2A27CC6ED27D.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I even found his avatar again. He uses that for all his forum work. He was flicked from a gun forum for being a complete fool and was banned fro a few others. I have to check out Cruisers forum (?) to see if he is still over there attacking folks. Have to find his pic again.

4CC6139F-FD31-4E66-8BC5-2A27CC6ED27D.jpeg

Stolen valor or really 9th Infantry?

I’m sure it wasn’t confirmed that he had actually served when I asked him. He dodged a few questions and I called him out as a loser. He never outed me even though my email wasn’t anonymous, nor responded on here, he was totally embarrassed. It’s like I kicked the door open and started videoing while he was on the throne…

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Marty Gingras said:
4 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

http://sporttoday.org/33_9d463e5b6c62a10c_1.htm

Here’s what you find when you Google Jammersix. Just one of many troll fests for the boy.

Oh he must have been a real treat here.

I don't even need to look. Dumb enough to think he's smart, with a childish cruel streak... an unimaginative child.

- DSK

• Like 1
On 5/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, Editor said:

i grow tired of you **Dogballs** wingers. 

Wow, you have to spell it wrong to get it past your own censors !!  

On 5/13/2022 at 10:10 PM, mckenzie.keith said:

I am just going to stand up for Zitski publicly. That is all. It could be that I didn't see the bad comments you all are referring to (if so, my bad) but the comments I saw were well within the norms of civil discussion. Maybe over in PA he is a different animal. I don't know because I don't go there.

I agree with you, though he was way too credulous about the Russian/FOX line. 

His point of view was and is shared by millions of USAean and others around the globe. 

Shutting down his dissent says more about the PA culture as it does the Slugster 

Why are folks afraid of seeing contrary or skeptical views here on SA ?  

(Hmmm, looks like I may well be the next one on the block) 

image.jpeg.3a4ff305d72c86370f053282f98deda5.jpeg

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

His point of view

there's a point of view and there's regurgitating bullshit propaganda .

On 5/16/2022 at 4:29 AM, Sail4beer said:

Random got flicked because he was a total Dick, non stop.

Flicked huh, who knew?

i guess 1/2 of my ignore list is now irrelevant 

41 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I've never put any SA poster on 'ignore' but there are several whose posts i skip

- DSK

I have, but it's a short-lived satisfaction. Pisses me off that my top-ranked turds still show up as thumbnails or in quotes.

Here is one example. I won't say who, but your chance is 50:50.

Screenshot_20220517-152728_Chrome.thumb.jpg.312f33ece5f7509ed1cb2eaf39c9a5b9.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mid said:

there's a point of view and there's regurgitating bullshit propaganda .

You are intellectually incapable of grappling with the complexities of the conflict . . 

which means that you are somebody's tool. 

The Parallax Corporation candidate evaluation film comes to mind - perhaps valid for return-to-forum screening?

From Alan J. Pakula's  The Parallax View - 1974

"We regret due to your test scores, you will not be allowed to return to the forum..."

Part of what is going on here is an effort to shut down war skeptics . . 

The most fact-based criticism is met with an avalanche of invective 

by the local thought police. 

It's really even worse than 2003. 

20 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Part of what is going on here is an effort to shut down war skeptics . . 

The most fact-based criticism is met with an avalanche of invective 

by the local thought police. 

It's really even worse than 2003. 

Where is 'here'?

What's your prescription to address the present battling in Ukraine?

4 minutes ago, Marty Gingras said:

What's your prescription to address the present battling in Ukraine?

See the Vets For Peace statement in the "Ukraine and only Ukraine" thread. 

I agree with all of it. 

What is YOUR prescription ?? 

16 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

See the Vets For Peace statement in the "Ukraine and only Ukraine" thread.

Shirley you jest.  How about a link?  They are to be had at the ellipses (at 'share') in the top right corner of every post.

19 minutes ago, Marty Gingras said:

Shirley you jest.  How about a link?

Here is the post (not be me) - and don't call me Shirley !!  

Be sure to read the entire statement . . 

Just as Veterans For Peace (VFP) condemned US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, we strongly condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine and grieve for all those who have lost their lives in this horrific war. We support the creative resistance of the Ukrainian people, the brave opposition of the Russian people and the resistance of Russian soldiers, just as VFP has supported GI resistance to US wars. 

Read the full VFP statement: Veterans For Peace Encourages Diplomacy Not War

Veterans For Peace continues to take action on the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.  Over the last few weeks, many chapters and members have responded by planning and joining protests, participating and hosting educational webinars and networking with people in Ukraine and in Russia.

You are as pathetic as the rest of the leftist pussies here.  That statement and position accomplishes exactly zero.  So just go put your mask back on and hide in the basement.  It makes a good echo chamber.  :P

13 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Here is the post (not be me) - and don't call me Shirley !!  

Be sure to read the entire statement . . 

Thanks.  Posting the link pretty much assured that I'd read the statement.

It's a old but good statement as far as it went.  What's the organization's take on the current practice of the US and other nations sending a bunch of offensive weapons to Ukraine?

"The U.S. has a responsibility to pursue genuine diplomacy to push for an immediate ceasefire".

we do? I guess Ukraine gets to make the call on that. A cease fire rn is likely beneficial to Russia - and the suggestion that other powers: like France, Germany, or the US - should have a say in this is insulting to the country that has been invaded. in fact, your "responsibility" is seen as both arrogant and outrageous - by Ukraine.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, floater said:

"The U.S. has a responsibility to pursue genuine diplomacy to push for an immediate ceasefire".

we do? I guess Ukraine gets to make the call on that. A cease fire rn is likely beneficial to Russia - and the suggestion that other powers: like France, Germany, or the US - should have a say in this is insulting to the country that has been invaded. in fact, your "responsibility" is seen as both arrogant and outrageous - by Ukraine.

Sort of depends on the type of 'error' the US is willing to commit.  The actual decision no doubt depends on the multi-dimensional chess that the State Department is tasked with playing.  I've got no problem pursuing an immediate ceasefire whether Ukraine wants it or not, because a ceasefire would save lives, eliminate the potential for escalation, and we can use the ceasefire to re-group better than Russia can.