Gulf of maine scuttlebut

Ok - guys, clarity: The class breaks for the 2007 season are cast in stone. GMORA will not score change them for the 2007 season. There was a meeting, comment by members, and a vote. Its done.

The class breaks for the 2008 season are not cast in stone. NOW is the time to work on the 2008 class breaks. If someone puts together a specific idea - not just "lets change them" but "lets change them to these ranges for these reasons" and presents that to the board with some member the support the board just might adopt it - but for 2008.

Well, you certainly wanna break them at 69 at least, because KAOS has two firsts and a third.

Gotta get them outta class A so some else has a chance. :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow - this thread goes all the way back to 2012 on the same page.  Come on GMORA peeps - racing is still fun!

Posted Images

Ok - guys, clarity: The class breaks for the 2007 season are cast in stone. GMORA will not score change them for the 2007 season. There was a meeting, comment by members, and a vote. Its done.

The class breaks for the 2008 season are not cast in stone. NOW is the time to work on the 2008 class breaks. If someone puts together a specific idea - not just "lets change them" but "lets change them to these ranges for these reasons" and presents that to the board with some member the support the board just might adopt it - but for 2008.

agreed

it only makes sense for '08.

A should be cut at 54. The FT10 should stay in A.

It seems like this discussion becomes much less objective when you say that certain boats should be in one class or another. ...maybe it it is supposed to be subjective. The biggest problem with the current split is that a 75 second per mile difference between two boats in the same class, can put boats competing against eachother in very different conditions.

It seems like this discussion becomes much less objective when you say that certain boats should be in one class or another. ...maybe it it is supposed to be subjective. The biggest problem with the current split is that a 75 second per mile difference between two boats in the same class, can put boats competing against eachother in very different conditions.

LMAO... I'll add some fuel to the fire. So much hand wringing over a measley 75-second spread in Class A. You've got nothing over the 147-second spread in Cruising Class at the Pilots. Spread about twice as big, not a peep from our guys! :P

Also all the talk abot how a certain boat should remain in class A when that boat hasn't even shown up at the line yet?

Okay, I'm done. :)

Here is a visual of the current break by class.

I added / endurance @ -6, H33 @ 54, Sheerness @ 45, and FT10 @ 57

The rest is from the gmora results page '07.

the stacked dots are multiple boats with same rating

post-10192-1182969499_thumb.jpg

LMAO... I'll add some fuel to the fire. So much hand wringing over a measley 75-second spread in Class A. You've got nothing over the 147-second spread in Cruising Class at the Pilots. Spread about twice as big, not a peep from our guys! :P

Also all the talk abot how a certain boat should remain in class A when that boat hasn't even shown up at the line yet?

Where/when, did the "hand wringing" take place, there seemed to be a lot of it?

Where/when, did the "hand wringing" take place, there seemed to be a lot of it?

Perhaps I should have used the term "pissing and moaning" instead of "hand wringing." Surely you haven't forgotten all that from last year?

Debate it all you want here. In order for anything to actually be considered, GMORA members need to bring it to the board.

Here is a visual of the current break by class.

I added / endurance @ -6, H33 @ 54, Sheerness @ 45, and FT10 @ 57

The rest is from the gmora results page '07.

the stacked dots are multiple boats with same rating

post-10192-1182969499_thumb.jpg

So, what's your point? Your illustration suggests that Class B has the problem, not Class A.

The beer sucks. I think we should get something blueberry flavored.

Almost slipped that one by me... Fruit flavored beer. Hmm. I suppose it's not quite as bad as beer with fruit in it... It ranks up there in undrinkability though with the "appletini", the whiskey and tonic, snowshoes, and the McGilliKazi (a Kamakazi made with Doctor McGillicuddy's, not to be confused with the TequilaCuddy [don't even ask, trust me]).

G

So, what's your point? Your illustration suggests that Class B has the problem, not Class A.

The illustration does show that B has a problem, I also think class A has a problem (but thats my opinion).

you can use the illustration to create vertical collumns that let you get a quick look at how things would get shuffled if certain spreads are used. Hopefully making it easier to discuss. Crusing would remain the same I believe.

post-10192-1182993355_thumb.jpg

Almost slipped that one by me... Fruit flavored beer. Hmm. I suppose it's not quite as bad as beer with fruit in it... It ranks up there in undrinkability though with the "appletini", the whiskey and tonic, snowshoes, and the McGilliKazi (a Kamakazi made with Doctor McGillicuddy's, not to be confused with the TequilaCuddy [don't even ask, trust me]).

G

Is the tequilacuddy better than a RumpleTurkeyGinBuca?

maybe 08 should be the year-

12 boats in A class currently builing to 15-16 boats by year end (hallett 33, flying Tiger, Tripp 47, Sheerness)

16 boats in A

currently 2 in B

When is the time right? Where do you think the breaks should happen?

This is a post meant for developing a dialog concerning class breaks in Maine and should in no way be interpurted as complaining, whining or bitching. This post may or maynot represent the views of the author :)

Well just when it was going to get exhilarating out on the starting line for Class A.

I've looked at some races down in marblehead and it look normal for many classes to have 10 to 17 boats in a class. I'm not said that we don't need some changes to breaks but it seems to me over the last 10+ years and the addition of Class D and shifting boats from B to C has killed Class B.

I just think it would be very stimulating to have 15-16 boats on a starting line.

:rolleyes:

Well just when it was going to get exhilarating out on the starting line for Class A.

I've looked at some races down in marblehead and it look normal for many classes to have 10 to 17 boats in a class. I'm not said that we don't need some changes to breaks but it seems to me over the last 10+ years and the addition of Class D and shifting boats from B to C has killed Class B.

I just think it would be very stimulating to have 15-16 boats on a starting line.

:rolleyes:

15-16 Boats on the line? yeah, but that would make it hard. I like starting by myself thank you very much.

You guys always have the option of putting up a kite and going raceing!

15-16 Boats on the line? yeah, but that would make it hard. I like starting by myself thank you very much.

But more of the best things in life are hard. The harder the better and fun factor increases exponentially.

You guys always have the option of putting up a kite and going raceing!

Yeah, but as the wise young whipper pointed out (different context but still applies), that would make it hard! :D

Besides, we'd be a D boat. Wouldn't that exacerbate the problem? It has been alleged that the addition of Class D and related move of boats from B to C is what's killing Class B. I don't wanna kill nobody.

Just have one or two really big classes, 120 and under, and 123 and above, the starts would be great!!!

Oh! I like the sound of that! Then boat handling skills and tactics would come into play vs. parading across a line one at a time.

But more of the best things in life are hard. The harder the better and fun factor increases exponentially.

Ok, note to self...just bite your tongue.

BTW - Has anyone talked to doggone lately? I was listening to NPR this morning and it sounds like there was a lot of flooding in his area....8" of rain per hour. Lot of damage...just hope he made out ok.

Oh! I like the sound of that! Then boat handling skills and tactics would come into play vs. parading across a line one at a time.

To make it even better - make each course triangular with three reaching (make sure that tacking is unnecessary) legs less than mile each, once around, so we can get back and start another...

Now thats funny-

I think you just won the "dirty old man" award. :lol:

A very striking and hansome dirty old man of course.

To make it even better - make each course triangular with three reaching (make sure that tacking is unnecessary) legs less than mile each, once around, so we can get back and start another...

That sounds like a parade!

Now thats funny-

I think you just won the "dirty old man" award. :lol:

A very striking and hansome dirty old man of course.

LOL - Thanks I think....the grey hair's certinally giving me the old reality check...but I still feel like a 25 year old....and obviously act like an 18 year old.

Now I just need to out a few of the members on this board so I know who I'm talking to ("just a girl's" got me stumped)....I'm sure Kitty can bring me up to speed. ;)

BTW - Has anyone talked to doggone lately? I was listening to NPR this morning and it sounds like there was a lot of flooding in his area....8" of rain per hour. Lot of damage...just hope he made out ok.

Doggone here in snorkel and swim fins; monsoon season in Texas; it's got the natives all ruffled; usually we're under broiler and kentucky fried by this time of year. Al AOK. Doing long distance race on Grapevine Lake this weekend. Have no idea what they mean by long distance. Skippers' meeting at 1pm so at least it'll give me time to swim over to the marina!

Doggone here in snorkel and swim fins; monsoon season in Texas; it's got the natives all ruffled; usually we're under broiler and kentucky fried by this time of year. Al AOK. Doing long distance race on Grapevine Lake this weekend. Have no idea what they mean by long distance. Skippers' meeting at 1pm so at least it'll give me time to swim over to the marina!

Glad to hear you're OK, the weather channel makes it look like you're all swimming around in a lightning storm. At least you aren't hanging onto the standing rigging.

Glad to hear you're OK, the weather channel makes it look like you're all swimming around in a lightning storm. At least you aren't hanging onto the standing rigging.

Thanks for yours and Soggy's concern.

You know that's how they came up with KFC? Hangin' naked carcases of chicken on standing rigging during a lightning storm... now where did those damn 11 herbs and spices come from?

LOL - Thanks I think....the grey hair's certinally giving me the old reality check...but I still feel like a 25 year old....and obviously act like an 18 year old.

Now I just need to out a few of the members on this board so I know who I'm talking to ("just a girl's" got me stumped)....I'm sure Kitty can bring me up to speed. ;)

But anonymity can be so much fun. :ph34r:

But anonymity can be so much fun. :ph34r:

Oh, now you're teasing me :angry:

Ok I've looked at your old post and see that you own a boat but race selectivly....I guess that means you are not S.S. Kindof figured that "Justagirl" would be something Scott would use. Hmmmmmm......

I just had the hydro inspection done on my tanks...let me know if you need me to send one down. The snorkel thing can get old. 1 PM skippers meeting....takes that long for the breeze to fill in or do you just need more time for pre-race bloody's??

Soggy- I'm stumped too. It sounds like she may be your type of girl!!!

[

Soggy- I'm stumped too. It sounds like she may be your type of girl!!!

[

That all depends if she knows how to fraculate.......

People on this board need to be a little more obvious for me....If you know what they server at the Soggy Dollar bar....you've got me...."kitty in drag" clever I can figure that out..."treehugger" cool...."justagirl"...If it's not SS I'm totally stumped :rolleyes:

I just had the hydro inspection done on my tanks...let me know if you need me to send one down. The snorkel thing can get old. 1 PM skippers meeting....takes that long for the breeze to fill in or do you just need more time for pre-race bloody's??

Wind blows 24/7 here, it seems; I thing they need to (a) recover from systemic late night Friday drinking and (B) give enough time for pre-race Bloodys to kick in.

After this weekend, all racing will start at 6:30pm to avoid the Broiler. Stays light here until 9:45-10pm

Wind blows 24/7 here, it seems; I thing they need to (a) recover from systemic late night Friday drinking and (B) give enough time for pre-race Bloodys to kick in.

After this weekend, all racing will start at 6:30pm to avoid the Broiler. Stays light here until 9:45-10pm

Thursday night beer can racing on the weekends....nice.

People on this board need to be a little more obvious for me....If you know what they server at the Soggy Dollar bar....you've got me...."kitty in drag" clever I can figure that out..."treehugger" cool...."justagirl"...If it's not SS I'm totally stumped :rolleyes:

I'm not SS your looking at the wrong sex.

Soggy-

No One knows who I am. I'm Stealth Kitty!

Hey when did you become a "lady" :lol:

Did you miss that?

It happened last October.

It's a long story, but suffice it to say, it was a joke gone wild!

I have been considering going back to simply Hellion...as it should be.

:P

Are you staying in trouble Soggy?

I'm definity not a SST and I can fraculate and much more.

Have you raced Etchells?

Did you miss that?

It happened last October.

It's a long story, but suffice it to say, it was a joke gone wild!

I have been considering going back to simply Hellion...as it should be.

:P

Are you staying in trouble Soggy?

I caught it just havn't asked before now...I'd vote for going back to simply Hellion. When are you planning a visit back to the East coast?

Have you raced Etchells?

As soon as I get clearance.

I swear Portland is home to me.

So many wonder-full people...and so beautiful a place and town.

Mainers - and their idears - rock!

what boats are doing the phrf Maine's this weekend?

The entry list (as it stands right now) is here: PHRF ME Entry list

I wonder how Beausoleil is going to do both the PHRF Maines this weekend and Marblehead to Halifax, which starts Sunday.

I wonder how Beausoleil is going to do both the PHRF Maines this weekend and Marblehead to Halifax, which starts Sunday.

Is there any word on if, when, or where the new Tripp 47 will be racing? It will be nice to see the flying tiger on the water. Best of luck and a SAFE race to Beausoleil, wherever they end up.

I saw Beausoleil high and dry on the hard at Handy on Friday.

It didn't look like they were going anywhere at that time.

They were back in the water on Sat...

Report from Down Under

I crewed aboard the Santana 30/30 "Roxane" for the first annual Pirates Treasure Hunt/Race on Grapevine Lake, Grapevine, Texas. We had a grand total of 3 boats who braved thunder, lightning and downpours to sail a 6 mark course. We had to stop at each mark to pick up treasure. The race was abandoned after the NWS issued a blizzard warning for hailstones the size of frozen chickens. We were in 2nd place behind a very cool Rocket 22 (new boat with very powered up sail plan). We were proudly flying our Sailing Anarchy ensign the entire time.

Lake has risen 17 feet since my last race in mid-May. Marina parking lot is under water. A floating ramp 100 yards long connected the street to the marina. The lake is 10 feet below the overflow point. Rain is continuing and predicted to last all week.

Fun crew with plenty of barley cakes (beer for you Yankees). One of our crew won the best costume award dressed as Davey Jones.

Best of luck to all in the weekend's regatta!

Report from Down Under

I crewed aboard the Santana 30/30 "Roxane" for the first annual Pirates Treasure Hunt/Race on Grapevine Lake, Grapevine, Texas. We had a grand total of 3 boats who braved thunder, lightning and downpours to sail a 6 mark course. We had to stop at each mark to pick up treasure. The race was abandoned after the NWS issued a blizzard warning for hailstones the size of frozen chickens. We were in 2nd place behind a very cool Rocket 22 (new boat with very powered up sail plan). We were proudly flying our Sailing Anarchy ensign the entire time.

Lake has risen 17 feet since my last race in mid-May. Marina parking lot is under water. A floating ramp 100 yards long connected the street to the marina. The lake is 10 feet below the overflow point. Rain is continuing and predicted to last all week.

Fun crew with plenty of barley cakes (beer for you Yankees). One of our crew won the best costume award dressed as Davey Jones.

Best of luck to all in the weekend's regatta!

Doggone - Catch a flight out of that mosqueto infested swamp for a week and come up...I know a few boats that you could catch a ride on. Seriously I'm glad that everything's going ok and hope that your new house is on high land.

The Flying Tiger : Charsar has finally made her Maine debut last night at the PYC Thursday night race.

With CW on the helm and the help of Suider, G and others we hiosted the sails and 'schooled' the fleet.

Boat felt great and the speed was excellent in the lighter air conditions. Congrats to Boathouse for a fine vessel!

report from the fringe...

BDP is in Marblehead awaiting todays race. We have loaded BoBo the Hobo, Dirtdog, Just a girl, WoTeck and Wussell on Board for the trip to Halifax.

The big wind focasted yesterday is moderating...bummer

You guys have all missed this...

report from the fringe...

BDP is in Marblehead awaiting todays race. We have loaded BoBo the Hobo, Dirtdog, Just a girl, WoTeck and Wussell on Board for the trip to Halifax.

The big wind focasted yesterday is moderating...bummer

You guys have all missed this...

Wind "moderated" here yesterday too... Bummer is right. Best of luck to all th Halifax crew.

G

Wind "moderated" here yesterday too... Bummer is right. Best of luck to all th Halifax crew.

G

The Marblehead to Halifax official race site at http://www.marbleheadtohalifax.com has a race tracker but my 'puter does not have a recent enough version of flash to make it work. Can anyone out there get into it and post an update on our GMORA entires?

alteredst88s, I blame it on lv2sail. :)

Is there any word on if, when, or where the new Tripp 47 will be racing? It will be nice to see the flying tiger on the water. Best of luck and a SAFE race to Beausoleil, wherever they end up.

As the owner of the Tripp 47, the official answer is I don't know. Still geting the boat ready and trying to find some time. Hopefully we will make a few thursdays and at least the the Monhegan. It just the way things go sometimes. It's amazing how much work interfers with sailing.

Anyone know a good diver to clean the bottom? The boat is at Maine Yacht Center.

Everyone is welcome to come over for a beer.

As the owner of the Tripp 47, the official answer is I don't know. Still geting the boat ready and trying to find some time. Hopefully we will make a few thursdays and at least the the Monhegan. It just the way things go sometimes. It's amazing how much work interfers with sailing.

Anyone know a good diver to clean the bottom? The boat is at Maine Yacht Center.

Everyone is welcome to come over for a beer.

If you can make MS regatta, that is a fun one that is closer to home, it is only one day so less of a time committment. Also the fall series racing is a good time.

I have been able to check on Kitty, He's to leeward and 134 miles from Cape Sable as off 11 am EDT. Hi competition got the slip on the windshift to the east and are to windward and ahead slightly (3-4 miles) I didin't check on Beausoleil. Who else from Maine are enetered?

I have been able to check on Kitty, He's to leeward and 134 miles from Cape Sable as off 11 am EDT. Hi competition got the slip on the windshift to the east and are to windward and ahead slightly (3-4 miles) I didin't check on Beausoleil. Who else from Maine are enetered?

Thanks for checking. Those were the only two from here that I am aware of.

Hey, doggone, Boozebay is this coming weekend. It won't be the same without you there. :( But since it's coming up, that means your brithday is coming up, so happy birthday!

Yeah, Happy birthday Doggone.

We were talking about booth bay with out you yesterday.

There sould be some mount Goofy left over.

But on a more serious note, I can't get that boat tracker to work.

I go to the race site.

Click Boat tracker.

Get the map

Click boat selector

click phr1

click boat selector

and nothing happens

how do I do it?

Yeah, Happy birthday Doggone.

We were talking about booth bay with out you yesterday.

There sould be some mount Goofy left over.

But on a more serious note, I can't get that boat tracker to work.

I go to the race site.

Click Boat tracker.

Get the map

Click boat selector

click phr1

click boat selector

and nothing happens

how do I do it?

Thanks for birthday wishes! Swig some Fag Hill for me!

I have found website to be cranky. Had to try it several times. You are doing everything right from waht I can see

Thanks for birthday wishes! Swig some Fag Hill for me!

I have found website to be cranky. Had to try it several times. You are doing everything right from waht I can see

As of 1 hour ago, BDG had gained 1.5 miles on its closest competitors! Her boat speed of 7.1 knots was higher than everyone's but Nirvana's. Still beating and not quite laying Cape Sable. She's the leeward boat by quite a bit. If wind goes to South as predicted, she will be lifted to mark and sailing a btter angle to the wind. Gotta believe light air upwind is a winning combo for BDP!

Beausoleil is in the middle of the pack in her class.

Goshhawk is pacing Gryphon Solo. Don't know what she rates.

Well there have been 4 GMORA events so far and this frustrated non-participant is looking for inside scoop on the newbies- Hankerin', Revo IX and FT10. All three look impressive in pics I've seen on-line. Also see Treehugger had a podium finish last weekend for her first 2007 race- good on ya!! How about this past weekend's Class Breaks? don't be shy now!! Best to all in upcoming Boozebay Classic!!

Looking Up from Down Under...

How about this past weekend's Class Breaks? don't be shy now!!

LMAO!!! Can of worms doncha know! Well let's put it this way. A certain participant who was bumped from A to B voiced his displeasure with the class breaks. At the awards ceremony, just before this skipper got his first place trophy for Class B, the PRO suggested the results be adjusted and said boat could rightfully take his fourth place in A.

Still, the spread for Cruising (10 participants) was something around 150.

Next weekend spread may be 200 or so...

Is there going to be an Admiral Perry feeder race this year?

LMAO!!! Can of worms doncha know! Well let's put it this way. A certain participant who was bumped from A to B voiced his displeasure with the class breaks. At the awards ceremony, just before this skipper got his first place trophy for Class B, the PRO suggested the results be adjusted and said boat could rightfully take his fourth place in A.

Good on ya Mr. PRO! Way to handle the rabblerousers!

So sounds like we need more spread in the cruising class?

Good on ya Mr. PRO! Way to handle the rabblerousers!

So sounds like we need more spread in the cruising class?

There was mention of doing a Cruising A and B next year if this keeps up. Talk about a blast from the past...

Well there have been 4 GMORA events so far and this frustrated non-participant is looking for inside scoop on the newbies- Hankerin', Revo IX and FT10. All three look impressive in pics I've seen on-line. Also see Treehugger had a podium finish last weekend for her first 2007 race- good on ya!! How about this past weekend's Class Breaks? don't be shy now!! Best to all in upcoming Boozebay Classic!!

Looking Up from Down Under...

Hankerin' (love those guys but "hankerin'?? yikes) ex More War Stories looks like the boat of the year at the moment, were it not for an OCS they wouldve won PHRF Maine's going away I think. I think the Revo IX (ex pterodactyl) boys have had moments but I think are still learning their boat; and the FT looks like a terrific addition to the fleet. On the class breaks, something had to happen, the split between A and B and C is wierd this year. Needs to be tweaked for '08, to give decent racing in classes other than A. there would have been like 12 A boats and 4 B's last weekend had the split not occurred. Perhaps folding B and C into each other mightve been more popular with the A boats that got dropped to B, none of whom I think were very happy about it.

As of 1:30 EDT, Kitty and the gang were parked approx. 28 miles southeast of Brazil Rock along with the bulk of the fleet. Looks like tide is having more impact in their course than wind. One boat, a Farr 60, esacaped and is crusing towards the finish. Beausoleil is parked further behind BDP. If I hadn't moved to Texas I would be there now...

Has Sheerness been out for a race yet? If so, how are they doing so far?

Yes, she sailed in PHRF-ME and tied for second with Tamarack and Charsar but lost tie breaker and placed fourth. Tough road to hoe.

As for the call out on the weather. Yes of course its my fault, I didn't send Joe Cupo enough cash this time :unsure::lol:

Cruising A & B would be great. Lets get 20 cruising boats back out on the line again. This would be great at least they don't whine about rating breaks, courses and rain. They just show up race and have fun! Oh yeah they don't whine about the entry fee either.

Report on the FT10: Very cool boat and would sail it again anytime. Built ok - you get what you pay for. It should hold up well for the use intended. Not sure it would hold up to San Fransico bay for a years, but should be fine for Maine. Hit 10.8 knots last thursday just goofing around while we were so far ahead. This past weekend we were doing 7.8 knots upwind in the second race and obviously faster downwind. The first race we were late to the line and didn't make time to back down the boat or do a set or anything, which was my fault. Therefore, we sailed the whole race with a bunch of weed collected from the power out. Much more to tell, but everyone should know that this is a cool boat that can win races in maine or anywhere for that matter!

Hankerin' (love those guys but "hankerin'?? yikes) ex More War Stories looks like the boat of the year at the moment, were it not for an OCS they wouldve won PHRF Maine's going away I think. I think the Revo IX (ex pterodactyl) boys have had moments but I think are still learning their boat; and the FT looks like a terrific addition to the fleet. On the class breaks, something had to happen, the split between A and B and C is wierd this year. Needs to be tweaked for '08, to give decent racing in classes other than A. there would have been like 12 A boats and 4 B's last weekend had the split not occurred. Perhaps folding B and C into each other mightve been more popular with the A boats that got dropped to B, none of whom I think were very happy about it.

Like I said before, my vote was to name the boat "skidmarks". In all seriousness though, it is named after the owners' brother who used to be our navagator but died a few years ago. Hence the "hank spencer" award. Anyways enough about the name. If it wasn't for the OCS this weekend......but that's the same as saying "if only I didn't go the wrong way". Would we have finished with two firsts for the weekend? Probably, but we still f'ed up. Hopefully things run smoothly at boozebay. Boat won't be sailing on our home turf at seguin. Looks like I'll be on a j29. We'll see.

Yes, she sailed in PHRF-ME and tied for second with Tamarack and Charsar but lost tie breaker and placed fourth. Tough road to hoe.

Good to here the boys are holdin' their own without Butch, who is doing his own work in the cruising fleet. I wasn't sure what was gonna happen this year, but now I feel confident that they can put together a solid season.

A request to GOM anarchists racing in Boothbay this weekend and SITR next weekend:

Stickboy and I are delivering the boat to Boothbay Friday, and because of SITR the following weekend, we're leaving her in Southport for the week. We could use a hand with land transportation.

Is there someone out there who might be able to either:

(1) drive one of our cars from Freeport to Boothbay area Friday night or Saturday morning the 13th or 14th (so we can drive ourselves back - we'll take a couple passengers if they need a lift), or

(2) give us a ride back down from Boothbay to Freeport on Sunday the 15th?

We may also be looking for help with land transport for the SITR weekend, like maybe a ride up on Saturday a.m. the 21st or a driver back for Sunday the 22nd, as we plan to cross the finish then sail straight for Freeport.

If we could find driver/ride, it would save us a lot of car shuttling and what not between Freeport and Boothbay. TIA

P.S. Edited to add: We're happy to help with gas expense or compensate with adult beverage, provided adult beverage is not consumed while driving! :)

A request to GOM anarchists racing in Boothbay this weekend and SITR next weekend:

Stickboy and I are delivering the boat to Boothbay Friday, and because of SITR the following weekend, we're leaving her in Southport for the week. We could use a hand with land transportation.

Is there someone out there who might be able to either:

(1) drive one of our cars from Freeport to Boothbay area Friday night or Saturday morning the 13th or 14th (so we can drive ourselves back - we'll take a couple passengers if they need a lift), or

(2) give us a ride back down from Boothbay to Freeport on Sunday the 15th?

We may also be looking for help with land transport for the SITR weekend, like maybe a ride up on Saturday a.m. the 21st or a driver back for Sunday the 22nd, as we plan to cross the finish then sail straight for Freeport.

If we could find driver/ride, it would save us a lot of car shuttling and what not between Freeport and Boothbay. TIA

P.S. Edited to add: We're happy to help with gas expense or compensate with adult beverage, provided adult beverage is not consumed while driving! :)

Well I was going to fly up there to do the driving when I saw the offer for free adult beverages but if I can't drink and drive....

Well I was going to fly up there to do the driving when I saw the offer for free adult beverages but if I can't drink and drive....

:D Wise guy! If memory serves correctly (it's a stretch - it's Boothbay/SITR after all), I think one of your people and/or BDP kitty/kittens has helped us out with this in the past. Shoot, the meal ticket from SITR might still be stuck on the truck headliner. But most of the usual suspects are somewhere between Marblehead and Halifax, hence the request.

CKoch, If you still need it I should be able to give you and stickboy a ride to Freeport this Sunday, but wont' be able to make it the following weekend. Just look for the little orange boat :D

How about this past weekend's Class Breaks? don't be shy now!! Best to all in upcoming Boozebay Classic!!

Spread of 57 for Class B. Maybe a little bit wide? Racing on the highest rated boat, was actually easier than we first anticipated. Though it is usually easier being the predator (chasing) than being the prey. All naval architecture quirks aside, I feel that if you don't sail your boat well in PHRF you are not going to do well. I know master of the obvious. Though I think with the addition of adjustable tracks this year has helped, allowing us to change gears on the fly.

I have read all the whining on here about class breaks and the such and I think you should just sail your boat and let that do the talking. Though as Whipper alluded to mistakes cost you. Who knows if we would have port tacked the fleet immediately after the start of the second race we might have been further ahead and finished higher than third.

Doggone we missed you on the line but it probably would not have changed the class breaks. Well maybe number 60 would have gone to Class A

#2 Out.