Gulf of maine scuttlebut

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow - this thread goes all the way back to 2012 on the same page.  Come on GMORA peeps - racing is still fun!

Posted Images

:lol: :lol:

yeah, g.... keep up with the numbering system, already....

/c

With that many Roman numerals maybe they should switch to the "Evolution" moniker instead? Seems like the Debroth boat was "selected" out by nature :)

Would it be Revo X? Or was/is Sheerness- revo X....

I think to answer that question I have to say we need to sail the boat at least once to 'call her Revolution Version Whatever'!

Inquiring Jerks, Cats & Kitty's want to know whose Henederson 30, Beautiful World, was on the side of I-95 North yesterday afternoon. Being towed by a U-haul pick-up....

Sounds like a Sportboat fleet in the making me and Revo XI in a Hendo

Sounds like a Sportboat fleet in the making me and Revo XI in a Hendo

What is the Status of getting a couple SB3s up in Casco Bay?

I would be in if one other would step up and finance a boat.

post-5090-1210814947_thumb.jpg

What is the Status of getting a couple SB3s up in Casco Bay?

I would be in if one other would step up and finance a boat.

post-5090-1210814947_thumb.jpg

$39,000 for a 20 footer.....

... with granny bars....

:lol:

/c

Well, it looks like it has a pusher vang, at least THAT's cool!

Every year about this time I'm asking why we don't have a decent dinghy fleet. This year seems like the year given that there seems to be a troubling lack of rides - Kitty excepted of course. For the cost of any 20 footer buy a couple of Lasers, have 20k in change, and lets go!

Every year about this time I'm asking why we don't have a decent dinghy fleet. This year seems like the year given that there seems to be a troubling lack of rides - Kitty excepted of course. For the cost of any 20 footer buy a couple of Lasers, have 20k in change, and lets go!

I STILL THINK THE REVO BOYZ SHOULD SLIDE OVER TO BARLEY'S ENDURANCE AND MAKE THAT THING GO.

I STILL THINK THE REVO BOYZ SHOULD SLIDE OVER TO BARLEY'S ENDURANCE AND MAKE THAT THING GO.

I think someone is drunk from GOTH night....

Look out for the old broad with da cane...

Endurance will be out racing this year. It will not be a full schedule, but some thursday night fun racing and 3 to 5 regattas.

As to crew, we are working on it. Before I can commit/look for people I need to finalize what races I can make. My job really gets in the way.

Endurance will be out racing this year. It will not be a full schedule, but some thursday night fun racing and 3 to 5 regattas.

As to crew, we are working on it. Before I can commit/look for people I need to finalize what races I can make. My job really gets in the way.

Good for you-

If there is anything we can do to make it happen let us know. What regattas are you thinking about doing?

Good for you-

If there is anything we can do to make it happen let us know. What regattas are you thinking about doing?

My partners and I are currently making out the summer schedule. I should have a good idea by the end of the week.

Saw BDP floating around on the river last monday. Looked good but was missing the big tall thing in the middle.

My partners and I are currently making out the summer schedule. I should have a good idea by the end of the week.

Saw BDP floating around on the river last monday. Looked good but was missing the big tall thing in the middle.

We blew up all our sails last year so we don't need that big bendy thing- it always looked like it was going to break anyway.

We blew up all our sails last year so we don't need that big bendy thing- it always looked like it was going to break anyway.

Good Point! However have you seen the price of diesel? New sails are starting to look cheap or you could put in a few sets of oar locks.

Falmouth to NorthEast Harbor Race,

Not sure if any decission has been made but it looks like the Down East Race may be back - I imagine it would replace Yarmouth on the schedule. I like Yarmouth Cup but most of all I like a distance race and the destination does not matter as much.

post-10192-1211387355_thumb.jpg

There is a good chance that a race like this will have more boats than Yarmouth Cup. It also looks like a great ride, course could be 100KM to 145KM depending on chosen route.

If it replaces Yarmouth I would want to race that with you bastards on Bandito. I, like you, love a good distance race. If we could make Yarmouth as fun as it was I am sure we can with somewhere new - the BDP folks can help out in the fun department as well....perhaps another bar crawl like in Halifax...boy, that hurt...

From Pappa Smerf to your ears.......

"For the last several years interest and participation in the Yarmouth-to-Yarmouth Race has been dwindling. Reduced government budget support of the race in Nova Scotia and onerous U.S. Homeland Security regulations that have made U.S. port re-entry difficult are certainly contributing factors to the waning popularity of the race.

"Rather than let Labor Day weekend pass without an opportunity to enjoy racing on the Maine coast, I would like to propose a revival of the Downeast Race. The Downeast was traditionally a July event. The race ended at Southwest Harbor and many of the boats were then delivered to Camden for the Camden-Castine race the following weekend.

"For the revived race, I would propose that we start in Casco Bay and finish in Northeast Harbor. From there, the coast of Maine is yours to enjoy in beautiful fall cruising weather. I have already received indications of support from Northeast Harbor and I believe that with a little planning and promotion we can organize a competitive and enjoyable event to replace Yarmouth-to-Yarmouth."

Sounds like fun to me.

"For the last several years interest and participation in the Yarmouth-to-Yarmouth Race has been dwindling. Reduced government budget support of the race in Nova Scotia and onerous U.S. Homeland Security regulations that have made U.S. port re-entry difficult are certainly contributing factors to the waning popularity of the race.

"Rather than let Labor Day weekend pass without an opportunity to enjoy racing on the Maine coast, I would like to propose a revival of the Downeast Race. The Downeast was traditionally a July event. The race ended at Southwest Harbor and many of the boats were then delivered to Camden for the Camden-Castine race the following weekend.

"For the revived race, I would propose that we start in Casco Bay and finish in Northeast Harbor. From there, the coast of Maine is yours to enjoy in beautiful fall cruising weather. I have already received indications of support from Northeast Harbor and I believe that with a little planning and promotion we can organize a competitive and enjoyable event to replace Yarmouth-to-Yarmouth."

Sounds like fun to me.

I second that!

But I do not have a ride....

Sounds like fun to me.

Hey JERK, get a hold of Dickie, let's put the old band back together and break another record on the scary blue picklefork... 12 1/2 hours to Yarmouth was fun, maybe 8 hours to SW Harbor? Wonder if JH still has that "Scream mask"? lol

Hey JERK, get a hold of Dickie, let's put the old band back together and break another record on the scary blue picklefork... 12 1/2 hours to Yarmouth was fun, maybe 8 hours to SW Harbor? Wonder if JH still has that "Scream mask"? lol

could we THUMP on the tramp?

acid trip from circa 1979 or BoBo the Hobo, a fine Anarchist, wouldn't you say dirt dog?

Kitty is right!

That is the WORD...

BTW: Anyone for Mark's Showplace? (Platinum Plus) http://www.theplatinumplus.com/ViewCategory-44.html

Kitty is right!

That is the WORD...

BTW: Anyone for Mark's Showplace? (Platinum Plus) http://www.theplatinumplus.com/ViewCategory-44.html

Uh I duhno.

But, I've noticed coming back from Boston that the Golden Banna is open again.

They furl the jib and the mainsail down there.

No reefs and no luffs. Sail on bare sticks.

It's very hairy!

Gotta say Bobo is a great sailor.

Met him at Kitty's boat party in Nova Scotia.

saw the new hankerin' paint job today... sharp sharp sharp.....

looking good, guys!

/c

Now if we could only make her go a little faster......

See you all this summer. A bunch of our crew is not going to be around this summer so I need a new dd from the parties. Hopefully some of those little squirts grew up and can drive my ass back to/around boothbay.

Bubba's probably does provide the best chance to see midgets or albinos in the Greater Portland area. I'm in.

G

and taxidermy. because nothing says sexy like albino midget taxidermists.

/c

The racing season is starting and I just wanted to put in a plug for the Centerboard Regatta. June 14th. We are sacrificing to the wind gods this year so it's going to be a good race. Of course, it will be a great party. The band is back, and it is a great way to get the season going.

www.centerboard.org to register.

Also for those interested, Wednesday night races start June 4th. Its a fun series (scored) with a nice social dinner after each race. All boats are welcome. We have two fleets, racing and cruising and usually both are split into A & B classes depending on numbers.

Enjoy the great sailing weather this spring!

Racing Schedule 2008

Centerboard Regatta June 14

Pilot Race June 21-22

Harraseeket Regatta June 28

MDI Series I July 6

PHRF Maine Champs July 12-13

MDI Series II July 13

Hospice Regatta July 19

Boothbay Harbor July 19-20 W,

MDI Series III July 20

Seguin Is. Trophy Race July 26-27

Downeast Challenge Race July 26-27

HandyBoat Midsummer August 2

Camden-Castine Race August 2-3

MDI Series IV

August 3

Monhegan August 9-10

Down East Race Week August 10-15

MS Regatta August 16

PHRF New Englands August 22-24

Yarmouth Cup August 28-31

PYC Fall Series Sept. 13, 20, 27

GMORA Awards Banquet TBA

We are counting on you K Two

Racing Schedule 2008

HandyBoat Midsummer August 2

Camden-Castine Race August 2-3

Farr out, Kitty! (pardon the pun, couldn't help myself) I see we have the new "Philadelphia Experiment" time-bending generator so we can race both the Smurfy Midsummer's Regatta and Camden Castine at the same time ;)

J92s rates 96 everywhere else, doesn't it? That must be a hell of a penalty pole :)

Revo math...multiply by 2 and add 8 for correct rating...

Revo math...multiply by 2 and add 8 for correct rating...

That puts us right about at 200. I think we might be able to sail to that.

G

ps - Bubbas sucked last night. I had to listen to music that reminded me how glad I am that I didn't know Soggy when he had the Flock of Seagulls mustache, or Kitty when he wore parachute pants and skinny ties, or Sailbad... during the Depeche Mode phase...

pps - Is the Handy sale official?

G

ps - Bubbas sucked last night. I had to listen to music that reminded me how glad I am that I didn't know Soggy when he had the Flock of Seagulls mustache, or Kitty when he wore parachute pants and skinny ties, or Sailbad... during the Depeche Mode phase...

They were the greatest!

G

pps - Is the Handy sale official?

LOL - I didn't see you what time did you get there??

LOL - I didn't see you what time did you get there??

I was pretty late. Honestly though I don't remember. I'd stopped at Miyake and ate... Then just kept ordering courses until I thought I was going to die... Then might have stopped off for a few here and there on the way...

G

I was pretty late. Honestly though I don't remember. I'd stopped at Miyake and ate... Then just kept ordering courses until I thought I was going to die... Then might have stopped off for a few here and there on the way...

G

Best Sushi in town!! I'm an "old man" that grew up in the 80's, so I'm guessing I was crashed by the time you made it.

So anybody been sailing??

So anybody been sailing??

I sailed my boat GREYHAWK from Marblehead to Boothbay over the weekend (after two winters on the hard for an overhaul of her decks and other stuff). Exciting times on Saturday around Cape Ann (25+ knots, 6-10 foot seas), so we put in at the Isles of Shoals for the night as my crew wasn't up for surfing in the dark, and I was pretty tired from the long run-up to the re-launch.

We'll be sailing in the Boothbay and Southport regattas (cruising class), probably the Monhegan race (spinnaker???), possibly (maybe?) the Downeast Ocean race and likely the Maine Rocks Race in September. Additional crew would be most welcome, if interested drop me a PM.

GREYHAWK is a Peterson 34 rating 123 spinnaker, 138 cruising.

Kitty sailed yesterday...

Saw Kitty sail by our stern Sunday while we were enjoying cocktails in our cockpit. She flew by under main alone in a nice brisk breeze, looking just mahhhhvelous. She came back by under power a few moments later on her way to grab a mooring. I think she moves better under sail. ;)

Saw Kitty sail by our stern Sunday while we were enjoying cocktails in our cockpit. She flew by under main alone in a nice brisk breeze, looking just mahhhhvelous. She came back by under power a few moments later on her way to grab a mooring. I think she moves better under sail. ;)

rumor has it that the roach on kitty's new main eclipses the sun....

Evidently the Class 40 'rocketship' belonging to local 'Open Class Guru' from MYC had sailed their Akilaria from Newport to Portland, Maine in 22 hours!

17 knots and a wild ride!

http://www.akilaria.com/

post-5090-1212452167.jpg

Come down and check her out as she is on the dock at Maine Yacht Center...

http://www.maineyacht.com/projects_408.htm

Evidently the Class 40 'rocketship' belonging to local 'Open Class Guru' from MYC had sailed their Akilaria from Newport to Portland, Maine in 22 hours!

17 knots and a wild ride!

http://www.akilaria.com/

post-5090-1212452167.jpg

Come down and check her out as she is on the dock at Maine Yacht Center...

http://www.maineyacht.com/projects_408.htm

What's it rate?

G

Are you racing in the centerboard regatta?

how many people are going to that?

Port Rigging will have their rigging trailer onsite at the CYC Regatta.

Prizes from Ronstan, Yale Cordage and Portland Rigging Co. Beer as well!

Looking for crew on the FT10M for Pilot, Haraseeket, PHRF Maine, Boothbay, HBS MidSummer, Monhegan, MS and Fall....e-mail me direct at Scott@theboathouse.biz .