Gulf of maine scuttlebut

Hola Mainers,

My nephew is spending 5 weeks this summer near Brunswick.... Are there any local clubs with a good Jr. Program?

Thanks...

The two closest:

Orr's-Bailey Yacht Club (www.obyc.org) Just down the Harpswell peninsula

Harraseeket Yacht Club (www.hyc.cc) Freeport, 11 miles south of Brunswick on I-295

Portland YC has a good program, but you've got to drive like a madman to get there in 15 minutes from Brunswick. Try 30-35 minutes. I suspect they're also a tad pricier than OBYC and HYC.

Entropy,

HYC is probably the best bet. What level instruction are you looking for? The two youngest classes (Recruits and Mates) are pretty much filled, however skippers (adv. 420) and 420 race have room.

hyc.cc or PM me for program directors email

Thanks for the great info.... this place can be pretty amazing at times!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow - this thread goes all the way back to 2012 on the same page.  Come on GMORA peeps - racing is still fun!

Posted Images

Don't forget - this Saturday - Centerboard Regatta.

Right now we have a good word-of-mouth turn out, so don't wimp out - show up!

7:30-8:30 check in, 9am Skippers mtg

12pm First Gun (this way the folks in Falmouth can come down by car for the meeting stuff then go back to their boats and come to the course)

Starting line is somewhere in the vicinity of Fort Gorges.

Racing info is online at http://centerboardyachtclub.org/race/racing.htm

Also - I still need a crew member of two. I had a last minute bailout. give me a shout if your interested, should be a fun day of sailing and a good evening of fun!

See you there!

Don't forget - this Saturday - Centerboard Regatta.

Right now we have a good word-of-mouth turn out, so don't wimp out - show up!

7:30-8:30 check in, 9am Skippers mtg

12pm First Gun (this way the folks in Falmouth can come down by car for the meeting stuff then go back to their boats and come to the course)

Starting line is somewhere in the vicinity of Fort Gorges.

Racing info is online at http://centerboardyachtclub.org/race/racing.htm"

Port Rigging will be there with the 'traveling rigging show'. I will bring olot of rope, keg of beer and prizes from Yale and Ronstan!

post-5090-1244751653_thumb.jpg

post-12559-1244483515_thumb.jpg

SailMaine Results! Crazy Racing

Sailed:3, Discards:0, To count:3, Ratings:PHRF, Entries:8, Scoring system:Appendix A Rank Tally Fleet Boat Class SailNo Club HelmName CrewName PHRF Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Total Nett

1st 1 1 Keemah 240 Don Logan 90 1.0 1.0 1.0 3.0 3.0

2nd 2 1 Beausoleil 43501 Richard Parent 75 3.0 6.0 3.0 12.0 12.0

3rd 3 1 Kaos 41880 Scott Smithwick 69 9.0 DNF 2.0 2.0 13.0 13.0

4th 4 1 County Girl 223 Bill Newberry 78 2.0 4.5 7.0 13.5 13.5

5th 5 1 Revolution 87656 Jim Marchant 84 4.0 4.5 6.0 14.5 14.5

6th 6 1 Big Dog Party 50939 Peter Price 12 9.0 DNF 3.0 8.0 20.0 20.0

7th 7 1 Snowbird 72 Jon Randall 63 9.0 DNF 7.0 4.0 20.0 20.0

8th 8 1 Wiley 32971 Bruce Cumback 72 9.0 DNF 8.0 5.0 22.0 22.0

A great day this past Saturday at the Centerboard Regatta. We had a fleet of 22 boats racing this year. We saw a sunny day with winds around 5-10 knots most of the time on the race course with two races being held for each class. Winners were Keemah (Racing A), Pit Party (Racing B) and Rita P (Cruising). Results are posted on the website.

After the race a good time was had by all at the party at Centerboard. The sun was out and the weather was great to enjoy For Pete's Sake, back for another year of entertainment. Lots of folks caught up on their fellow sailors winter activities and talked about the summer season ahead of us.

Many thanks to all of those who participated, and especially to Port Rigging and Gritty's, their involvement is greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to next years event. Also - Wednesday night racing open to anyone all summer and fall. First gun at 6pm near Fort Gorges. See you this weekend at the Pilot Race.

A great day this past Saturday at the Centerboard Regatta. We had a fleet of 22 boats racing this year. We saw a sunny day with winds around 5-10 knots most of the time on the race course with two races being held for each class. Winners were Keemah (Racing A), Pit Party (Racing B) and Rita P (Cruising). Results are posted on the website.

After the race a good time was had by all at the party at Centerboard. The sun was out and the weather was great to enjoy For Pete's Sake, back for another year of entertainment. Lots of folks caught up on their fellow sailors winter activities and talked about the summer season ahead of us.

Many thanks to all of those who participated, and especially to Port Rigging and Gritty's, their involvement is greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to next years event. Also - Wednesday night racing open to anyone all summer and fall. First gun at 6pm near Fort Gorges. See you this weekend at the Pilot Race.

Our compliments to the CYC RC and other volunteers for the great job they did with everything, and to the racers for all the good competition. Good food, good beer, good fun. I can't imagine a better day weatherwise -- the sun was out and the breeze came up just in time for the start. And only one close encounter with a large boat!

Thanks go out to CYC for running a grest regatta and party!

I appreciate everyone who checked out the 'Port Rigging Mobile Unit'.

Looks like it is going to be a great season of sailing!

Mainers-

I'm organizing the Smuttynose Island Regatta this season - August 15 & 16 in Portsmouth. After many years of being scheduled on top of Monhegan, it is offset by a week this year. If we get a lot of GMORA boats, we'll make a point of shifting it a week in the future.

The NOR should be done today and distributed tomorrow.

We'll have as many races as possible (8 last year) over the two days. Classes are J-105 (separate course), Racing, Cruising, and J-24 (if there are at least 5 boats). Big party Saturday night on New Castle island.

More info will be posted at http://www.sailpsa.org in the next few days.

Hope to see a bunch of you there. If you do plan to come, please let me know so we can start finding guest moorings. It's really crowded down here.

Eric

Mainers-

I'm organizing the Smuttynose Island Regatta this season - August 15 & 16 in Portsmouth. After many years of being scheduled on top of Monhegan, it is offset by a week this year. If we get a lot of GMORA boats, we'll make a point of shifting it a week in the future.

The NOR should be done today and distributed tomorrow.

We'll have as many races as possible (8 last year) over the two days. Classes are J-105 (separate course), Racing, Cruising, and J-24 (if there are at least 5 boats). Big party Saturday night on New Castle island.

More info will be posted at http://www.sailpsa.org in the next few days.

Hope to see a bunch of you there. If you do plan to come, please let me know so we can start finding guest moorings. It's really crowded down here.

Eric

Way cool- Big Dog Party will be there.....on our way to the new englands...ok Girly-boys who's in?

Dirtdoggie we are counting on you for local knowledge.

Remember this is a scored event in the Morr-ass circit this year...

I heard the USCG hailing BDP yesterday on the VHF...are all the kitties ok?

It all turned out well...but it was a clown show at times-

We were steaming in at the end of the race when we sucked up some air which stopped the D-sail. No Problem- we would just sail to the mooring. Well at that time it started to blow 25-30 true. We "arrived" at the mooring at 9.5 kts under main. We picked up the pick-up bouy and dropped the main 5/8ths of the way. We lost the mooring line and started to sail backwards through the mooring field at 5 kts. we got out of there ok but not before we shreeded a staysail- Good times-

All kittens and fingers accounted for...

Some more Smuttynose details.

Eric

---

Smuttynose Island Regatta

Aug 15 and 16, 2009

Check out full details on the NOR posted on our website.

www.sailpsa.org

The Racing

Racing PHRF, J-105 and J-24 Fleets*

The race courses are set on the open ocean waters between Portsmouth, NH Harbor, Isle of Shoals and Smuttynose Island.

There will be two starting lines, one for J/105s and the other for PHRF and J/24s. Both courses will be windward/leeward (PHRF fleets may see offset marks as part of the weekend challenge on the water.)

The Venue

The Saturday night Regatta Party and Sunday’s award’s ceremony will be held on the grounds of UNH Coastal Marine Laboratory, near USCG station.

(25 Wentworth Road, Newcastle, NH) This pristine location overlooks the mouth of the Piscataqua River, Newcastle Light, Fort Constitution and Fort Stark.

The Feast

Dinner will include pulled pork, hamburgers & dogs, handmade salads, corn, baked beans and cornbread with an additional surprise for dessert.

The Drink

Smuttynose Brewing (including the new, award winning Star Island Single), Gosling's Rum (a la Dark and Stormies), Wine, and soft drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting this back on the front page, Kitty.

A little bird has told me that sign-ups for Camden-Castine are a wee bit scarce at this point.

Here's the NOR and registration form. Tell your skipper to sign up. Clicky

Another great Maine yachtsman has passed. Long time friend and Revolution crew member passed away on Tuesday.

Barrie Hackett has been a crew member on various Revolutions dating back to the 70's. I have learned much about

sailing from this man and he shall be missed.

"Heart attack killed man in Little Sebago

Submitted By David Hench,

Staff Writer

on Wednesday, Jul. 8 at 2:00 pm

Authorities say a man whose body was found in Little Sebago Lake in Gray

Tuesday afternoon died of natural causes.

Berrie Hackett, 78, was found floating face down in about three to four feet

of water. A Cumberland County Sheriff¹s deputy brought him to shore and

summoned rescue workers who were unable to resuscitate him.

The State Medical Examiner performed an autopsy and determined that Hackett

died of a heart attack.

A long-time companion told police that Hackett, who lives near where his

body was found, had planned to row a small aluminum boat to a nearby island

to check on recent damage to property there. When he failed to return, the

companion went to check on him and found the body, the sheriff¹s office

said."

"Visitation is scheduled for this Saturday at Wilson Funeral Home, Gray Maine between 1-3 PM."

With condolences to FW, what an absolutely fucking great day that was!

Yup, a wet and wild day to be sure. Funniest (?) moment of the day was when the water filled up the port coaming box to the point that all of its contents -- including the winch handle and four propane canisters -- were floating. Upon tacking, that same port coaming box turned into a biday-like device for the unlucky person sitting directly in front of the drain hole. Which just goes to show you, it's never too late to learn about the various features on your boat. :)

Another great Maine yachtsman has passed. Long time friend and Revolution crew member passed away on Tuesday.

Barrie Hackett has been a crew member on various Revolutions dating back to the 70's. I have learned much about

Staff Writer

died of a heart attack.

said."

"Visitation is scheduled for this Saturday at Wilson Funeral Home, Gray Maine between 1-3 PM."

So sorry to hear about Berrie. One of the truly good guys in our sport. May he rest in peace

Staff Writer

died of a heart attack.

said."

So sorry to hear about Berrie. One of the truly good guys in our sport. May he rest in peace

Everytime we go out to sail Berrie will be with us in spirit...

So... will Camden/Castine be worth doing this year? I've considered entering, but last years bad press and iffy '09 NOR isn't getting me excited. Anyone actually going?

I can tell you that the Camden YC has worked very hard to make it an excellent sailing and social success, this year.

Boooothbay, Boooothbay, Boooothbay....

On the dock @Rocktide this year. Planning on cranking the blender and saw hints of Jello shots in the kitchen last night....

Fair warning!

HAHAHA! I am so having the BEST Boozebay this year!!! I won't be there until Sunday morning. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday. I am going to be SOOOO not hungover! I promise to be very quiet...

G

On the dock @Rocktide this year. Planning on cranking the blender and saw hints of Jello shots in the kitchen last night....

Fair warning!

HAHAHA! I am so having the BEST Boozebay this year!!! I won't be there until Sunday morning. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday. I am going to be SOOOO not hungover! I promise to be very quiet...

G

I dunno G... it might be all gone by Sunday morning. We'll have to try and save you a few!

Anyone have any preferences for jello shot flavors? I'm makin' 'em tonight, like starting in a few hours, so speak now or forever hold your peace. No exotic liquors please -- let's keep it to rum or vodka (or maybe a little peach schnapps - the sex on the beach flavor sounds intriguing).

I've been perusing this site for ideas. Clicky

Fair warning!

It's spelled Boozebay! Have an awesome time!

Fair warning!

G

I dunno G... it might be all gone by Sunday morning. We'll have to try and save you a few!

Anyone have any preferences for jello shot flavors? I'm makin' 'em tonight, like starting in a few hours, so speak now or forever hold your peace. No exotic liquors please -- let's keep it to rum or vodka (or maybe a little peach schnapps - the sex on the beach flavor sounds intriguing).

I've been perusing this site for ideas. Clicky

Thanks for that link.

That alone isworth the price of admission,!

Fair warning!

Wow! We are thrilled2 to be at the dock at the rocktide this weekend at Boozebay Harbor. Handle of Mt Gay Rum has been purchased - fun for All!

Soverel has be fit with a assym for a speedy delivery. Look forward for sailing tomorrow.

(Thursday night regatta we happily have dialed in the boat. Finishing after 2nd Kaos and corecting our time.)

Fair warning!

Wow! We are thrilled2 to be at the dock at the rocktide this weekend at Boozebay Harbor. Handle of Mt Gay Rum has been purchased - fun for All!

Soverel has be fit with a assym for a speedy delivery. Look forward for sailing tomorrow.

(Thursday night regatta we happily have dialed in the boat. Finishing after 2nd Kaos and corecting our time.)

The Mount Gay on Revolution should be a fine complement to the offerings on board Rita P. The jello shots are gelled, and the Pain Killer mix is on ice.

The Mount Gay on Revolution should be a fine complement to the offerings on board Rita P. The jello shots are gelled, and the Pain Killer mix is on ice.

Correction - The Pain Killer mix IS ice. This weekends experiment will be frozen Pain Killers.

This is a test, this is purely science, any participants might be required to test and compare multiple variations.

Come ooooon sunshine. Don't want to be holding a frozen drink in the cold

Correction - The Pain Killer mix IS ice. This weekends experiment will be frozen Pain Killers.

This is a test, this is purely science, any participants might be required to test and compare multiple variations.

Better than a hot drink on a hot day... Hope everyone is having a nice ride to Boothbay whilst I sit in my office. Bastards. See you on Sunday.

G

Better than a hot drink on a hot day... Hope everyone is having a nice ride to Boothbay whilst I sit in my office. Bastards. See you on Sunday.

G

Take heart, G. I'm sitting in the office too.

G

Take heart, G. I'm sitting in the office too.

Sunny, nice, bbq plans tonight, no work for two days... Productivity in SERIOUS decline...

G

I can't believe we have returned from Boothbay with leftover Painkiller mix, plus three leftover jello shots. Shocked!!!!

Those were great!

If we knew that there were more left we would of come next door to 'shoot' the rest!

Thank You!

I can't believe we have returned from Boothbay with leftover Painkiller mix, plus three leftover jello shots. Shocked!!!!

Those were great!

If we knew that there were more left we would of come next door to 'shoot' the rest!

Thank You!

Glad you liked them! For all I know, Stickboy was saving a couple for G but I have not confirmed that. I take it Mrs. Maxluff has recovered?

Those were great!

Thank You!

Glad you liked them! For all I know, Stickboy was saving a couple for G but I have not confirmed that. I take it Mrs. Maxluff has recovered?

Weeelllll, actually kind of not...

While I was away at work yesterday she was able to find my half bottle of Mt. Gay Rum...

Having the summer from teaching I guess she decided there would be no harm done consuming the remaining rum.

(Until today where we find her to be hung over again,,,)

13 spinnakers registered for Seguin.

Maybe it's time to take up fishing.

rum and fishing are incompatable.. so i say bad idea

You're right, that's a total deal-breaker.

Maybe I'll take up power boating. But I just can't imagine smoking cigarettes.

your penis is not big enough...

your penis is not big enough...

Ha! Too funny! On our boat power boats are generally known as 'penis extensions', usually purchased with the available 'blonde' option.

The Cone did the Downeast Challenge and finished 1, corrected 3. Haven't had a chance to see it 'cause the f-ing lobster fest has taken over the water front. At last report the Cone was at the public landing in Rocktown.

Beausoleil raced in the Downeast Challenge and came in second. The Cone is an interesting boat with it's 11 foot retractable pole. It took off fast at the start and for quite a few hours when the wind was 10 to 15 on the aft quarter. Didn't like the light winds later in the night or the adverse current in Two Bush channel. Beausoleil went though Mussel Ridge with spin and more speed from a favorably current then from the wind.

Beausoleil raced in the Downeast Challenge and came in second. The Cone is an interesting boat with it's 11 foot retractable pole. It took off fast at the start and for quite a few hours when the wind was 10 to 15 on the aft quarter. Didn't like the light winds later in the night or the adverse current in Two Bush channel. Beausoleil went though Mussel Ridge with spin and more speed from a favorably current then from the wind.

So the Cone was third, Beausoleil second, who came in first? Spill it! :) I don't see results on line, though I do see the scratch sheet showing 12 participants, which is a lot more than last year, correct?

I just got this from Jim Cuthbertson. I hope it copies correctly.

Cruising (Non-Spinnaker)

#1 COLD SHOT (Fernando Oliveira)

Racing (Fully Crewed - Spinnaker)

#1 WHISTLER (Fred Schmid) 97,548.48 corrected time (seconds)

#2 BEAUSOLEIL (Richard Parent) 98,257.08 corrected time (seconds)

#3 THE CONE OF SILENCE (Doug Mitchell) 99,347.04 corrected time (seconds)

#4 THISTLE (Grinnel More) 99,347.24 corrected time (seconds)

#5 AQUILA (Rob Golder) 99,360.00 corrected time (seconds)

#6 SAGA (Kris Kristiansen) 105,005.84 corrected time (seconds)

KANGA (Dave Pierce) DNF

JASMINE (Ron Vener) DNS

Racing (Single-handed Spinnaker)

#1 MAINSTAY 5 (Jim Coughlin) result based on 1600 position

#2 ATLANTA (Richard Sides) result based on 1600 position

#3 ADHARA (Patrick Jones) DNS

Hey!

Perhaps we can learn something from the recent Farr 30 Championships on the great lakes:

"Much has been said on many threads recently about how a good regatta should be run. Let me tell you about this one. Picture a small town on the water with no hotels/motels, or condos. What do you do? Pack your tent and set up camp in many of the village parks because the city encourages it. They even cater to it by having plenty of clean porta potties because you are pissing so much b/c of the ridiculous amount of cheap booze. They had a semi trailer with numerous beer selections and Mt Gay bar that never stopped serving $3 drinks. All of this was organized and managed by a crew of 400+ volunteers and all for a modest entry fee of $140.00 for big boats that included mast stepping, splashing, and hauling. Top that off by encouraging the non-sailing public to come down and join the party and it was quite a scene. Needless to say, we will be back next year.

This may be exactly what Maine Yachting needs...

Ok, seriously - Beausoleil beat the Cone?!? That's just awesome. Congratulations guys!

I just got this from Jim Cuthbertson. I hope it copies correctly.

Cruising (Non-Spinnaker)

#1 COLD SHOT (Fernando Oliveira)

Racing (Fully Crewed - Spinnaker)

#1 WHISTLER (Fred Schmid) 97,548.48 corrected time (seconds)

#2 BEAUSOLEIL (Richard Parent) 98,257.08 corrected time (seconds)

#3 THE CONE OF SILENCE (Doug Mitchell) 99,347.04 corrected time (seconds)

#4 THISTLE (Grinnel More) 99,347.24 corrected time (seconds)

#5 AQUILA (Rob Golder) 99,360.00 corrected time (seconds)

#6 SAGA (Kris Kristiansen) 105,005.84 corrected time (seconds)

KANGA (Dave Pierce) DNF

JASMINE (Ron Vener) DNS

Racing (Single-handed Spinnaker)

#1 MAINSTAY 5 (Jim Coughlin) result based on 1600 position

#2 ATLANTA (Richard Sides) result based on 1600 position

#3 ADHARA (Patrick Jones) DNS

This will be of more interest to the cruisers, but we just left Frenchboro and the Offshore Store, a couple hundred yards up the road from Lunts, boiled lobstahs and delivered them to the boat with butter for $4 a pound. Their lobster roll is the fattest I've ever seen. She's basically selling her husband's catch direct. Life is good.

Hey!

Perhaps we can learn something from the recent Farr 30 Championships on the great lakes:

"Much has been said on many threads recently about how a good regatta should be run. Let me tell you about this one. Picture a small town on the water with no hotels/motels, or condos. What do you do? Pack your tent and set up camp in many of the village parks because the city encourages it. They even cater to it by having plenty of clean porta potties because you are pissing so much b/c of the ridiculous amount of cheap booze. They had a semi trailer with numerous beer selections and Mt Gay bar that never stopped serving $3 drinks. All of this was organized and managed by a crew of 400+ volunteers and all for a modest entry fee of $140.00 for big boats that included mast stepping, splashing, and hauling. Top that off by encouraging the non-sailing public to come down and join the party and it was quite a scene. Needless to say, we will be back next year.

If we want to encourage the non-sailing community to come to regatta parties all we need to do is drop the frou-frou gin and craft ale sponsors and replace them with Allen's and Bud. Then just throw open the gates...

G

Hey!

If we want to encourage the non-sailing community to come to regatta parties all we need to do is drop the frou-frou gin and craft ale sponsors and replace them with Allen's and Bud. Then just throw open the gates...

G

Word! Only thing that I would change to your words of wisdom is to give sailors the choice between PBR or Bud! Lets keep local yacht racing events as affordable as possible.

For those of you who did not participate in this weekends races, you should know that the Camden/Castine race has been infused with a few pints of Life Blood. Both clubs did a fabulous job, and were welcoming at both ends. Castine hosted a barbeque at their club, which was both good and a beautiful place to just be. Race commitee did a great job in every sense of the word, and even was able to produce 2 days of nice wind. It was fun to race against other boats that we normally don't get to race against. It was very apparent that both clubs wanted us there. So to them, a hearty thank you, and those of you who didn't/couldn't go, I suggest next year you rethink it. k

This will be of more interest to the cruisers, but we just left Frenchboro and the Offshore Store, a couple hundred yards up the road from Lunts, boiled lobstahs and delivered them to the boat with butter for $4 a pound. Their lobster roll is the fattest I've ever seen. She's basically selling her husband's catch direct. Life is good.

Thanks CL... I will try and remember to jot that down in the cruising guide for future reference! Love Frenchboro. Hopefully you got to hike to the other side of the island and see the big boulder beaches.

For those of you who did not participate in this weekends races, you should know that the Camden/Castine race has been infused with a few pints of Life Blood. Both clubs did a fabulous job, and were welcoming at both ends. Castine hosted a barbeque at their club, which was both good and a beautiful place to just be. Race commitee did a great job in every sense of the word, and even was able to produce 2 days of nice wind. It was fun to race against other boats that we normally don't get to race against. It was very apparent that both clubs wanted us there. So to them, a hearty thank you, and those of you who didn't/couldn't go, I suggest next year you rethink it. k

Glad to hear it went well. I hope you had good wind too. We were in cruise mode this weekend and had some really nice sailing, albeit with a little visibility impairment on Sunday! :)

Camden results:

36th Camden-Castine Race 2009

A Fleet

Sailed: 2, Discards: 0, To count: 2, Ratings: PHRF, Entries: 7, Scoring system: Appendix A

Fleet Boat Class SailNo HelmName Club PHRF Saturday Sunday Score

A Big Dog Party Farr 39 ML 30959 Peter Price White 12 1.0 4.0 5.0

A Revolution IX Dobroth Cust. Sloop 51543 Maine Maritime White 3 2.0 5.0 7.0

A Snowbird CC-115 USA-72 Jonathan Randall Green 63 5.0 2.0 7.0

A Scaramouche Nelson/Marek 39 41088 Richard Stevenson Claret 60 4.0 3.0 7.0

A Cailin A Mara J 120 14 Thomas Crotty Dk Blue 51 8.0 RAF 1.0 9.0

A War Bride J 124 52025 Jay Watkins Blue 30 3.0 6.0 9.0

A Sans Culottes Beneteau First 40.7 52411 Robert Johnston White 51 6.0 7.0 13.0

B Fleet

Sailed: 2, Discards: 0, To count: 2, Ratings: PHRF, Entries: 7, Scoring system: Appendix A

B Sidewinder J 105 161 Tom Rolfes White 90 1.0 3.0 4.0

B Fiesta C&C 40-2 CB 33474 Rick Ledwith, Jr. Off White 102 3.0 2.0 5.0

B Beausoleil Beneteau 456 43501 Richard Parent White 75 6.0 1.0 7.0

B Cat's Paw Lindenberg 28 53109 Frederick Minson Ivory 114 2.0 5.0 7.0

B Last Red Cent Lindenberg 28 32591 Matt Minson Cooper 111 4.0 4.0 8.0

B Avalon Frers 33 42628 Keith Bradley Green 108 5.0 6.0 11.0

B Sea Jab Sabre 362 143 Al Hodson Blue 132 7.0 7.0 14.0

D Fleet

Sailed: 2, Discards: 0, To count: 2, Ratings: PHRF, Entries: 2, Scoring system: Appendix A

D Esparta Morris 36 36032 John Kennedy Green 168 1.0 1.0 2.0

D Atalanta Sabre 28 Ketch 20283 Richard Sides Dk Blue 222 2.0 2.0 4.0

Multi-Hull Fleet

Sailed: 2, Discards: 0, To count: 2, Ratings: PHRF, Entries: 2, Scoring system: Appendix A

Multi-Hull Irish Lady Farrier 82A 24 James Love Green/White 56 1.0 1.0 2.0

Multi-Hull Alegra Newick trimaran 20 Peter Garcia White 30 3.0 DNS 3.0 DNC 6.0

Saturday - A Fleet - August 1, 2009 at

Start: A, Finishes: Finish time, Time: 1100, Distance: 19.7

Fleet Boat Class SailNo HelmName Club PHRF Elapsed Corrected

A Big Dog Party Farr 39 ML 30959 Peter Price White 12 3:22:32 3:18:36

A Revolution IX Dobroth Cust. Sloop 51543 Maine Maritime White 3 3:22:43 3:21:44

A War Bride J 124 52025 Jay Watkins Blue 30 3:39:36 3:29:45

A Scaramouche Nelson/Marek 39 41088 Richard Stevenson Claret 60 3:53:11 3:33:29

A Snowbird CC-115 USA-72 Jonathan Randall Green 63 3:55:26 3:34:45

A Sans Culottes Beneteau First 40.7 52411 Robert Johnston White 51 4:24:36 4:07:51

A Cailin A Mara J 120 14 Thomas Crotty Dk Blue 51 RAF

Sunday - A Fleet - August 2, 2009 at

Start: A, Finishes: Finish time, Time: 1100, Distance: 19.2

A Cailin A Mara J 120 14 Thomas Crotty Dk Blue 51 3:31:50 3:15:31

A Snowbird CC-115 USA-72 Jonathan Randall Green 63 3:41:15 3:21:05

A Scaramouche Nelson/Marek 39 41088 Richard Stevenson Claret 60 3:40:31 3:21:19

A Big Dog Party Farr 39 ML 30959 Peter Price White 12 3:34:32 3:30:42

A Revolution IX Dobroth Cust. Sloop 51543 Maine Maritime White 3 3:32:36 3:31:38

A War Bride J 124 52025 Jay Watkins Blue 30 3:43:09 3:33:33

A Sans Culottes Beneteau First 40.7 52411 Robert Johnston White 51 4:14:24 3:58:05

Saturday - B Fleet - August 1, 2009 at

B Sidewinder J 105 161 Tom Rolfes White 90 3:19:28 3:19:28

B Cat's Paw Lindenberg 28 53109 Frederick Minson Ivory 114 3:29:24 3:29:24

B Fiesta C&C 40-2 CB 33474 Rick Ledwith, Jr. Off White 102 3:29:30 3:29:30

B Last Red Cent Lindenberg 28 32591 Matt Minson Cooper 111 3:30:15 3:30:15

B Avalon Frers 33 42628 Keith Bradley Green 108 3:30:18 3:30:18

B Beausoleil Beneteau 456 43501 Richard Parent White 75 3:30:47 3:30:47

B Sea Jab Sabre 362 143 Al Hodson Blue 132 3:58:51 3:58:51

Sunday - B Fleet - August 2, 2009 at

B Beausoleil Beneteau 456 43501 Richard Parent White 75 3:15:09 3:15:09

B Fiesta C&C 40-2 CB 33474 Rick Ledwith, Jr. Off White 102 3:21:50 3:21:50

B Sidewinder J 105 161 Tom Rolfes White 90 3:26:20 3:26:20

B Last Red Cent Lindenberg 28 32591 Matt Minson Cooper 111 3:31:11 3:31:11

B Cat's Paw Lindenberg 28 53109 Frederick Minson Ivory 114 3:35:51 3:35:51

B Avalon Frers 33 42628 Keith Bradley Green 108 3:39:12 3:39:12

B Sea Jab Sabre 362 143 Al Hodson Blue 132 3:50:48 3:50:48

Saturday - D Fleet - August 1, 2009 at

D Esparta Morris 36 36032 John Kennedy Green 168 4:33:13 4:33:13

D Atalanta Sabre 28 Ketch 20283 Richard Sides Dk Blue 222 4:33:29 4:33:29

Sunday - D Fleet - August 2, 2009 at

D Esparta Morris 36 36032 John Kennedy Green 168 3:52:18 3:52:18

D Atalanta Sabre 28 Ketch 20283 Richard Sides Dk Blue 222 4:21:53 4:21:53

Saturday - Multi-Hull Fleet - August 1, 2009 at

Start: Multi-Hull, Finishes: Finish time, Time: 1115, Distance: 19.7

Multi-Hull Irish Lady Farrier 82A 24 James Love Green/White 56 3:30:26 3:12:03

Multi-Hull Alegra Newick trimaran 20 Peter Garcia White 30 DNS

Sunday - Multi-Hull Fleet - August 2, 2009 at

Start: Multi-Hull, Finishes: Finish time, Time: 1115, Distance: 19.2

Multi-Hull Irish Lady Farrier 82A 24 James Love Green/White 56 3:25:41 3:07:46

Sailwave Scoring Software 2.01 build 8

http://www.sailwave.com/

Camden/Castine was a lot of fun this year. Randy Whitney of the Camden Yacht Club did an outstanding job of putting together a really nice event. Saturday's dinner and party at the Castine Yacht Club was very nice and well attended. The scoring was done and avalable after each race.

It was fun to mix it up with some different boats for a change...

Many thanks from the fleet go to Randy and his homeys for the great time...

Kitty out...