Santa Barbara Sailing

But on the other hand, I haven't seen a good chick fight at the bar for quite some time! Laura has the martial arts training, but Janer fights dirty. The normal response would usually be "Go for the shirt", but we've seen pictures of both.

Bobbo

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome sailor and a great guy. Eric....good luck on your recovery if you are reading this. Hey Longy................how are you doing? Haven't seen you in ages.   KK

I was sad to hear that local boy/sailing Pro Eric Arndt had a big heart attack last month at Key West. Had the full on surgery and stints. The good news is that he is feeling great and recovering well

Yeah, it is basically non-race boats that want to race, big, heavy, under canvased and usually poorly sailed and a danger to others. But it's hard to condemn anyone who loves being on the water even i

Posted Images

Hi!

I'm new to Santa Barbara.

Is this the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the Santa Barbara Yacht Cub?

If so, then where are the Race Results?

Thank you,

Ben Braddock

(goddammmit, Capn Bastard you beat me to it)

Edited by BeerDidClam

I would like to thank Mr.Clean/Editor for awarding her "Beeyatch of the Week". I prefer to think of it as more of a Lifetime Achievement. I am looking forward to personally congratulating her.

Edited by Janer
The emails and phone calls are disrupting my work! I now have a whole fan club of non-sailors and sailors

alike. Even other publications are emailing me. I am expecting the Mayor to deliver a service award any

minute.

Wow, this sounds very DOC-est! Maybe you should call in and talk, BRAAAhahahahaha!

I would like to thank Mr.Clean/Editor for awarding her "Beeyatch of the Week". I prefer to think of it as more of a Lifetime Achievement. I am looking forward to personally congratulating her.

I'll thank an SA'er for turning me onto this thread. We've given the Doc more than ample opportunity to talk about her gig, and to join the community. She'd prefer to watch, and complain from afar. I went to her stupid one-woman show after trading e-mails with her, and she didn't have the courtesy to give me a five minute interview about sailing.

I'll lay odds she does not show up for the women's races this weekend!

But all the FUN chicks will be there. A gaggle of J/105's, some Melges 24s, a Farr, maybe Taxi? And a party afterwards. I'll help out with my usual "special trophies". The SI's are on line.

I'm game! you can dunk me! sounds like fun!

Looking forward to tomorrow, I think I'll appreciate the rail like never before after driving....Jane, remember you're on standby!

Hey Rail Chick thanks for the Link to the Worlds Photo's if you did not send it then thank the Boss for me.

I thought this Pic had particular interest to us because I believe we all know who the boat belongs to that has their Spinnaker wrapped up in Warpath's forestay.

Not sure of the story behind the incident but neat shot.

post-16745-1188590129_thumb.jpg

So I tried to figure out what was so bad about the original post, and could figure it out.

So this goes to prove what we already knew. fame and money don't make ya smart. Mix in a little (or big) EGO and you get this result.

Congrats to Janer, nicely done.

We all have been misunderstood on a web site before, but this one takes the cake, innocent comment to news paper articles.

Wow I now have actually seen it all.

and in the end all Dr. Laura has done is given you (janer) more street credit than Any amount of money can buy.

Rock on, sister, rock on!

On a side note, my wife graduated From Westmont College in 1988. you may now return to your lives.

OOHHHH. Now I get it, it's been a long day already. Thanks again for your words.

Editor of another local paper just sent me an email saying he is wondering "is Laura jealous because you are a better writer than she is?"

:P

Gee, and she thinks I am spewing hate because I called her "short" and a looser. UGH.

I thought that she was jealous because your tits are bigger than her's!

The Wilmot Hughes and Kieding Women's Regattas yesterday were SOOO MUCH FUN!! Thanks to all the crew and skippers that showed up for the racing; gotta love how the wind cooperated for us. I've never driven the Melges on a plane before--what a blast!

I have a whole new respect for all that the skippers do--main sheet, backstay, tiller, telltales, kelp, waves and yelling at the crew. I'm looking forward to returning to the bow/rail where I can have a conversation again! :P See ya'll on the water for Margarita #2 today!

Perfect conditions for the women's races..12-14 knots, hot and sunny. Railchick did an excellent job steering the Farr 40 and took 2nd and 3rd in the races. Mrs. Inter20 took home the gold with two firsts. I'm thanking the Prez for the delicious free wine afterwards and the girly appetizers (strawberries and angelfood cake to dip into melted chocolate)!

I wish I had a camera handy to record the Prez planing downwind. Really fun to have Julie in town to crew on the Farr while her hubbie was on Blue Yankee setting a record in the Vineland Race.

CHICKS DIG IT!

Thanks Prez and the whole race committee, it was a lot of fun!!! And thanks to my most excellent crew, great job ALL of you, especially the best coach and tactician in the world, Mr JAG!

But the yelling I don't get: I was afraid to pause long enough to open my mouth to talk much less yell! Maybe next time.

I want to thank you all here at SA and all my friends who have been supportive after the Dr. L rant against me in the newspaper. But I need to say that several people have mentioned that KK was part of it or behind it. I know that this is absolutely not true. I have known him a long, long time and although we sometimes have differences, I still feel that we have some mutual respect for each other.

He did, however, put some of his wedding cake down the front of my dress. Yeah, I'm still pissed about that.

Again, I spend all day at the bar, smoking and drinking, waiting for the face off. Neither shows up! We could make a nice cage in the boatyard or upper deck. If the club would clean the lenses of the Inter-Web cameras, we could charge a good fee for these videos. C'Mon, Janer, you can get a group to sail with you when you drop the topper on the foredeck, but you can't get them to sail when you're driving. Al least Laura can afford to buy her crew cocktails after the race, win or loose.

When KK dropped the cake down Janers dress, it dropped straight through, nothing to stick to. I have bigger boobs than Janer, Dr L, Rail Chick, Dox2 , and Prez (and Thump). For making a huge amount of money in the Silicone trade, DC, JY and JQ have done a piss poor job of marketing at the club. But that's just my opinion.

Peace out,

Bobbo

Bobbo, you're also a bigger p*ssy than any of us for hiding under your profile name!

Let's see, bigger boobs, bigger -------wait! are you the one with the chihuahua?

Melon & Frequent Flyer,

Glenn B. should be on the road with his now. The other one is not quite public yet.

Maybe we should give the Melgi the inside line and let the big guys be outside?!

"Maybe we should give the Melgi the inside line and let the big guys be outside?!"

That is a GREAT idea, Janer! How can we make that happen? If we have 5 Melgi next year we will supposedly get our own start, so it'd be awesome to do this for the rest of this year.

Edited by prez
Janer. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of sorrow and loss. We hope to see you soon.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate all the love from my friends on my Mom's passing yesterday. I was there when she took her last breath. Sail on Mom.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. I just want to mention that this weekend is the Charity Regatta at SBYC which benefits Hospice. This organization is so important to those of us who are dealing with death of a loved one. They helped me so much with the death of my father last year. They were there with me and my sister off and on for the 48 hours before he passed away. Incredibly kind and helping us through the process. I have so much respect for those who work for Hospice. They are very special people.

Raced"The Doc" the J 145 with the men in black and a absent leader.

Kenny drove. Corrected first.

Dam that is a nice boat.

Goes well in 13 and it very powerful.

Relativle easy to sail, not too complex.

Lot of boat from J.

Might be the perfect "Mexican Race" boat with 6 crew.

Hope DL changes her mind.

Would be a good mex ride for sure.

Edited by Madmax

Big thanks to JAG for the race organization of the Charity Regatta! Bad news is that he is too involved to sail with us! Good way to raise money, you can actually donate money to Hospice before the race that will change the rating of your boat for the better or change the rating of another boat for the worse. There is a limit of 20 seconds that a single boat rating will be changed. If there is a particular boat on your "hit list", well you know...write a check! See you there. Always great festivities connected to this event and a great cause.

Big thanks to JAG for the race organization of the Charity Regatta! Bad news is that he is too involved to sail with us! Good way to raise money, you can actually donate money to Hospice before the race that will change the rating of your boat for the better or change the rating of another boat for the worse. There is a limit of 20 seconds that a single boat rating will be changed. If there is a particular boat on your "hit list", well you know...write a check! See you there. Always great festivities connected to this event and a great cause.

Happy to do it for a great cause. We (Dox2 and I) will be dropping some $$$ in the pot in the memory of your mother and former SBYF junior sailor, Jeff Simon. The rating will be to benefit Skian Dhu. Sail fast tomorrow!

Edited by J.A.G.

Too bad you guys were not there to donate some money to the Charity Regatta. It was a great event. SBYC raised over $70,000 for Hospice. JAG may know the final donations, he definitely helped up the numbers with the boat rating donations. We had a great time on the Farr even with short crew (5 of us) in 10 knots of breeze, rarely that someone could sit on the rail, but we are getting really good at short handed races and people knowing many jobs and having to double up on jobs with 5 instead of 10 crew. The course was triangle, windward, leeward. The crew work was excellent, no torn chutes, only a bit of blood on the foredeck.I lucked out..I got to drive. Thanks Dirk, Shimer, Mike, dox2..you guys (and gal) were awesome and worked so hard.

The spectator boats and photo boats were pretty amazing too. The Coast Guard Cutter took out spectators, Sharon Green shooting from a power boat and some news helicopter that swooped down pretty low at the last windward mark when we were rounding with Taxi and some of the CHRF boats. Any one know who the helo belonged too?

Shoulda been there Bobbo.

Best, Janer

Will it raise enough for a heart for the tin man (Dr. L), a brain for the Scarecrow (Janer), or courage for Kelp (?) to reveal his identity (if he will, I will)!

Bobbo

I guess I just don't have the stones

Kelp

The next Melges 24 owner..out of the closet.

I didn't have to use truth serum, in fact he fessed up after giving me a huge novacain injection this afternoon. OUCH. I am still not able to get that glass of wine into the pie hole without dribbling down my chin like a 2 year old.

So Dr. Bill after a successful 17 years of racing his J/24, has put it on the market and is ready for a change up to Melges 24. Known for changing the name of his J at any whim; it has been known as: Monica Lewinsky, Free Martha, Bill Squared, Sealice and most recently Depends.

His boat partner (also Bill) happens to be going to Wisconsin soon and will be driving back?

Edited by Janer
The next Melges 24 owner..out of the closet.

I didn't have to use truth serum, in fact he fessed up after giving me a huge novacain injection this afternoon. OUCH. I am still not able to get that glass of wine into the pie hole without dribbling down my chin like a 2 year old.

So Dr. Bill after a successful 17 years of racing his J/24, has put it on the market and is ready for a change up to Melges 24. Known for changing the name of his J at any whim; it has been known as: Monica Lewinsky, Free Martha, Bill Squared, Sealice and most recently Depends.

His boat partner (also Bill) happens to be going to Wisconsin soon and will be driving back?

Next time you see him....ask the good Doctor about "Radiant" (its where good sailors are born!!!!Some might say baptized by fire!)

....and some news helicopter that swooped down pretty low at the last windward mark when we were rounding with Taxi and some of the CHRF boats. Any one know who the helo belonged too?

I was told by a friend that the chopper had an IMAX camera on it and they were filming a scion car meeting. I am trying to get more information from the folks at Elings park as that is where the car show was held

Edited by pitchpoled

Lady H,

Good to hear from you and thanks for your friendship and thoughts. My spirits are lifted by all my friends who have been there for me. I am getting back on track and of course sailing with friends is the cure for many maladies and sad turns in life. My mom sails on...although she never sailed, she sails with me now.

So we need to get back on track and lighten up with some sailing stories in SB. So some questions were asked of me tonight:

1. Infamous Chad of Oracle AC effort back in town with Valencia girlfriend. She's so cute! What's up Chad?

2. Crewmembers doing Body Boot Camp? Or is it Booty Beach Boot Camp? Dox2 now throwing around the #1 like it's a bag of chips.

3. New expensive camera on the rudder does not work as well as Jesse.

4. Questions about the costume change for DA DOC?

5. Can we get a final answer on the Ventucky Cup? Boats and skippers?

As for question #4, I promised myself that I would not discuss her bad behavior any more but I think I could comment on her fashion decisions. The Doc has made a change, no more all in Black. The crew is now allowed to wear what they want. Her new outfit is camouflage pants and top accessorized with a nice dog tag necklace. The camouflage is pretty out in fashion circles unless you are in da'hood, but the dog tag necklace is an attractive accessory and also has a practical application. 1. It can show that you have had your rabies shot. 2. When you can't talk you can point at it to the cab driver.

Just kidding of course.

Kenny told me SBYC is bailing because they cannot get a J 24 crew together. Bummer.

SB Sailing Club is going.

Melges 24, J 24, Moore 24 and either a Hobie 33 or another Melges 24.

A Capo? I remember a Capo 26 in Ventucky about 20 years ago..never did that well. Surely there is something more exciting that Deke should be driving unless this Capo has a really special old age allowance. Ummm, well since he won the J/24 Intergalactics, maybe he should drive a J/24!

Oh wait, why am I trying to help you guys? See you in a week.

I will be driving a Capo 26 named Bubbles. The boat is new to Ventura. Sure it wood be more fun to drive a newer more exciting ride, but here in the land of John Deeres a 20 year old boat is the newest thing. After last year there was a promise for a Farr 40. Still holding my breath on that. See you all next week.

Deke dude,

We all know you will be a contender and the one to beat in what ever you drive. You're not just jivin' us about the Crapo 26? I know Ventucky likes to be a bit secretive about their team. If you show up driving Magnitude we'll have to talk. See you there.

I will be driving a Capo 26 named Bubbles. The boat is new to Ventura. Sure it wood be more fun to drive a newer more exciting ride, but here in the land of John Deeres a 20 year old boat is the newest thing. After last year there was a promise for a Farr 40. Still holding my breath on that. See you all next week.

Looking forward to it....see you next weekend

Looking forward to it....see you next weekend

I can't believe it- no trash talk (Ventucky notwithstanding)!!!! Are we just going to go out sailing??? And have fun??? We'll be looking forward to a great weekend on the water. Remember- free beer Saturday night, GREAT shirts!!

So we need to get back on track and lighten up with some sailing stories in SB. So some questions were asked of me tonight:

1. Infamous Chad of Oracle AC effort back in town with Valencia girlfriend. She's so cute! What's up Chad?

Infamous...I don't know about that... :)

Hey guys,

I'm already back in VLC. My vacation to SB was short...definitely too short. Wednesday nights were pretty rushed, so I didn´t get to say hi to a lot of ya. Sorry about that. I had a great trip though and it was a lot of fun to get back out on the water in SB again! Funny how some things don't change around there. I love it! Can't wait to come home someday and add another boat to the fleet.

I'm happy to hear that B&B have been confirmed as the new mystery melges owners.

Thanks for keeping the stories coming. :)

Chad

I just received this info from my Vice Commodore:

AYC/CIYC/PBYC:

Coyote: Dave Randle (AYC) J29 PHRF 111

Ruckhs: Eric Schalgeter (AYC) FT30 PHRF 54

Angry Hillbillies: Paul Moore (PBYC) J24 PHRF 168

Perfect Balance: Richard Sharpe (CIYC) Olson 30 PHRF 96

Team Total: 429

VYC:

Rival: Paul DeFreitas J35 PHRF 72

Bikini Machine: Stewart/Baum Olson 30 PHRF 96

“No Name”: Ryan Cox Melges 24 PHRF 96

Jaded: Deke Klatt J24 PHRF 168

Team Total: 432

SBSC:

Bandit: Mike Wolfe Melges 24 PHRF 96

Bullet: Thomas Tunberg J24 PHRF 168

Bandaloop: Evan Caves J24 PHRF 168

Fatuity: Mike Schaumberg Moore 24 PHRF 162

Team Total: 594

SBYC:

Dirk Freeland Farr 40 PHRF 12

Kenny Kieding J92 PHRF 108

Kent Pierce Melges 24 PHRF 96

Grant Lepper J24 PHRF 168

Team Total: 384

I believe that Ryan Cox's boat is named "Where's Bob?"

See ya'll this weekend - Michael

Thanks for the info Michael!!

Nice to know who the players are. Santa Barbarians are looking forward to it. The delivery, not so much. Supposed to be a SEaster coming in, but we will slog ourselves there one way or another. I guess half the team will be doing it 60 miles an hour on the freeway. On the water it may be a slow 7 knot cruise with bump and rain, wind from the wrong direction and some Tecates.

Ventucky Cup looks like it'll be good fun! Nothing like a little weather to mix things up...

On the home front... as of today, count 'em... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! Can we be so bold as to predict 8 in '08?

game on

thump

Ventucky Cup looks like it'll be good fun! Nothing like a little weather to mix things up...

On the home front... as of today, count 'em... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! Can we be so bold as to predict 8 in '08?

game on

thump

Who is lucky number 5?

Thanks for the info Michael!!

Nice to know who the players are. Santa Barbarians are looking forward to it. The delivery, not so much. Supposed to be a SEaster coming in, but we will slog ourselves there one way or another. I guess half the team will be doing it 60 miles an hour on the freeway. On the water it may be a slow 7 knot cruise with bump and rain, wind from the wrong direction and some Tecates.

If anyone wants to come down ahead of the weather, pm me and I can get you hooked up on the guest dock anytime.

John Deere Cup:

SAT...E WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL

2 TO 3 FT.

SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT. WIND WAVES

2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.

Tonight's Wet Wed might be killer.

TODAY...N WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.