Melbourne Big Boat Fleet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did the rebuild over a number of years. We would race and cruise in the summer, then in the winter we would pick an area and refit that area as our winter project. So we used the boat pretty much f

To be clear...if I know anything about sailing, it's because I've made so many mistakes...and learned from them. Here's a lesson - always try and sail with someone better than you are...so you can alw

Posts that do not age well...

Posted Images

We could always apply for redress.

exactly how would that work oh tactical genius?

Well it wouldn't, obviously. Surely that's clear, even to you.

Evo: reinforcing the maxim that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Mex

We could always apply for redress.

exactly how would that work oh tactical genius?

Well it wouldn't, obviously. Surely that's clear, even to you.

Evo: reinforcing the maxim that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Mex

true dat...you have made yourself abundantly clear

however...the question remains?

Mexican,

About Time had retired from races on the before the results were known for the reason of not wanting to effect the outcome. AT did not mess with anyone on the course (I know as I was out there within a couple of boat lengths of him each race) for the same reason. So you can forget your conspiracy theories!!

You blokes sailed a great regatta (I was only out on the Sunday but Saturday must have been good) and you should be proud of that. It was great having you guys up here for it but these comments just make you look like a sore loser and if your comments reflect the thoughts of the whole crew than that would be dissapointing.

By the way, did you enjoy getting crossed by a 38 at the top mark in the second race on Sunday :P

Mexican,

About Time had retired from races on the before the results were known for the reason of not wanting to effect the outcome. AT did not mess with anyone on the course (I know as I was out there within a couple of boat lengths of him each race) for the same reason. So you can forget your conspiracy theories!!

You blokes sailed a great regatta (I was only out on the Sunday but Saturday must have been good) and you should be proud of that. It was great having you guys up here for it but these comments just make you look like a sore loser and if your comments reflect the thoughts of the whole crew than that would be dissapointing.

By the way, did you enjoy getting crossed by a 38 at the top mark in the second race on Sunday :P

Results were known, they were posted on the net then changed later. He affected the out come by being on the track, e.g. pushing a boat up on the line, taking a clear lane so boat has to sail further to clear air, lucky there was no collision. Thought of that reason but just dosen't wash.

About being a sore loser, it takes a lot of time and money to get a 47 foot boat and crew to a different state to race, you are right we are sore losers. Wouldn't mind if we were out sailed but to lose this way just sucks.

Anyone know if the case of the Mysterious Missing Mark from SYC's overnighter has been solved? Was R1 there? Missing? There but not lit? I hear that some boats claim to have found it, others are adamant it was not there after searching around the area.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. We were mostly focused on pushing Le Billet back after the start so got caught a bit too far right. Left was king all day. The kids from Tavern gave us plenty of shit after the race. Good times.

Mex

Mexican,

Results were known, they were posted on the net then changed later. He affected the out come by being on the track, e.g. pushing a boat up on the line, taking a clear lane so boat has to sail further to clear air, lucky there was no collision. Thought of that reason but just dosen't wash.

About being a sore loser, it takes a lot of time and money to get a 47 foot boat and crew to a different state to race, you are right we are sore losers. Wouldn't mind if we were out sailed but to lose this way just sucks.

Yeah understood and excepted, but I am sure, as usual, there must have been a slip up on your boat be it a tatical mistake, bad start or a crew error somewhere in the series which may have cost you that all important place as well.

We did our bit for you, planting ourselves on Le Billet last work of the last race!

Mex, I wouldn't be taking no shit from those kids on The Tavern, shit heads, the lot of them :P

Anyone know if the case of the Mysterious Missing Mark from SYC's overnighter has been solved? Was R1 there? Missing? There but not lit? I hear that some boats claim to have found it, others are adamant it was not there after searching around the area.

It was there all right, three dull flashes as always.

So which boats didn't see it??????

Just back from the club. The word is one of the boats called Port Authority Melbourne and Parks Vic have the mark out for maintenance and didn't issue a notice to mariners. There was another mark in the area but not R1.

Just back from the club. The word is one of the boats called Port Authority Melbourne and Parks Vic have the mark out for maintenance and didn't issue a notice to mariners. There was another mark in the area but not R1.

R1 sequence is Fl3Y 10sec, and that is what we saw, timed and left to starboard.

Sounds to me that those boats that did not see it should consider taking a DNF.

Isn't threre a specific RRS that covers an unseen mark??

R1 sequence is Fl3Y 10sec, and that is what we saw, timed and left to starboard.

Sounds to me that those boats that did not see it should consider taking a DNF.

Isn't threre a specific RRS that covers an unseen mark??

Always a worry when the chartplotter proximity alarm goes off at 50 metres and you still cannot see the bloody thing!

At 11.30 at night :lol::lol::lol:

Rossco, I believe the mark you saw was 4 dull flashes, not 3 - which was why we kept sailing around for a while. R1 mark is/was not there.

Sorry, that is incorrect.

We did in fact initially sail towards a mark with four flashes (my bad call as I spotted it first) and until we realized we had gone way too far.

It was in fact our mainsheet guy that finally spotted R1 well overlayed and we timed the flashes and reached back to round it correctly, losing about 4 or 5 minutes in the process.

Rossco, I believe the mark you saw was 4 dull flashes, not 3 - which was why we kept sailing around for a while. R1 mark is/was not there.

We did in fact initially sail towards a mark with four flashes (my bad call as I spotted it first) and until we realized we had gone way too far.

It was in fact our mainsheet guy that finally spotted R1 well overlayed and we timed the flashes and reached back to round it correctly, losing about 4 or 5 minutes in the process.

I can vouch for the above, because as we reached back to the R1 mark, the plotter proximity alarm went off as we came within 50 metres of it, causing me to do a minor dummy spit. Something about thousands of dollars worth of electronics, entering waypoints etc etc and nobody paying any attention to them when the bearing to the windward (R1) mark is to LEEWARD and BEHIND.

I also had a go at the mainsheet hand! What the hell was he doing looking for a mark, he was supposed to trimming the main!!!!!!!!

I can vouch for the above, because as we reached back to the R1 mark, the plotter proximity alarm went off as we came within 50 metres of it, causing me to do a minor dummy spit. Something about thousands of dollars worth of electronics, entering waypoints etc etc and nobody paying any attention to them when the bearing to the windward (R1) mark is to LEEWARD and BEHIND.

I also had a go at the mainsheet hand! What the hell was he doing looking for a mark, he was supposed to trimming the main!!!!!!!!

R1 was seen being replaced today by parks victoria. Have seen the photos.

The plot thickens... :o

The key word here is "REPLACED". On the night of the race there was a mark in the correct R1 position with the correct light sequence. We sailed within a boatlength of it.

If it looks like a Duck, and sounds like a Duck, What is it?

The plot thickens... :o

Like above, I also heard that one of the SYC boats contacted Parks Vic and they confirmed that R1 was removed for maintenance, and they neglected to issue a Notice to Mariners (doh!).

Hmmm <_<

Hard to find good help sometimes...

The key word here is "REPLACED". On the night of the race there was a mark in the correct R1 position with the correct light sequence. We sailed within a boatlength of it.

If it looks like a Duck, and sounds like a Duck, What is it?

Its a witch. Burn it.

Simple then, post em ;)

post-20355-1228462469_thumb.jpg

R1 and other marks being towed out

post-20355-1228462735_thumb.jpg

R1 being put down

Nice shots but confusing captions.

What is it you are actually saying??

R1 was never there and replaced sometime after the race?

or

A temporary mark was set and the photos show that being replaced sometime after the race?

or

you don't know one way or the other?

Ride of the day goes to don and co today. saw them pull their chute up around the mark and ran downstairs for my phone, by the time i took the photo this is where they were.... do you guys have a speedo?

Yep popped the kite, lit the after burners and straight to hyper drive :D , anybody that was standing had to take one or 2 steps backwards! 10 knts to 15 in an instant best anyone noticed was 16 knts but was sure it was more. By the time the kite was up the Jib changed we had to gybe and then hoist jib and prepare to drop etc too busy so no-one hardly had any time to notice the speed!! There were grins from ear to ear

I think we pulled out and extra 3-4 minutes on the Beno 45? behind us in that leg, was even 1st boat across the line about 2 minutes in front of Flirt (Div 0) who started 5 minutes before us although of course they sailed the longer course

I picked the right day to be a guest B)

(faster @ Dec 7 2008, 12:08 PM) *

living doll?

Stick broke at deck level. Condolences to skipper and crew who have put a lot of effort into this project. But jeeze, it's going to be quick when they get it right.

You serious?

Ride of the day goes to don and co today. saw them pull their chute up around the mark and ran downstairs for my phone, by the time i took the photo this is where they were.... do you guys have a speedo?

Yep popped the kite, lit the after burners and straight to hyper drive :D , anybody that was standing had to take one or 2 steps backwards! 10 knts to 15 in an instant best anyone noticed was 16 knts but was sure it was more. By the time the kite was up the Jib changed we had to gybe and then hoist jib and prepare to drop etc too busy so no-one hardly had any time to notice the speed!! There were grins from ear to ear

I think we pulled out and extra 3-4 minutes on the Beno 45? behind us in that leg, was even 1st boat across the line about 2 minutes in front of Flirt (Div 0) who started 5 minutes before us although of course they sailed the longer course

More like a fucking idiot. We beat Flirt across the line .That takes THE TALK IT UP CUP AWARD for the year.

More like a fucking idiot. We beat Flirt across the line .That takes THE TALK IT UP CUP AWARD for the year.

Hmmm.

Smooth Criminal got a gun when we crossed the line (Div 1), and Flirt got a gun when she crossed 2 minutes later (Div 0), and the posted results show SC line honours and Flirt line honours so which imaginary boat were you on?

Hmmm.

Smooth Criminal got a gun when we crossed the line (Div 1), and Flirt got a gun when she crossed 2 minutes later (Div 0), and the posted results show SC line honours and Flirt line honours so which imaginary boat were you on?

I applaud your efforts on line homours in Div 1 with a very slow golf clap. Read the post again and tell me that your guest has not boasted finishing in front of the Div 0 line honours winner. As for the imaginary boat it did quite well thankyou.

Hmmm.

I applaud your efforts on line homours in Div 1 with a very slow golf clap. Read the post again and tell me that your guest has not boasted finishing in front of the Div 0 line honours winner. As for the imaginary boat it did quite well thankyou.

Thankyou. Thankyou. All applause and recognition is appreciated.

Yes, the guest did state we finished ahead of the Div 0 line honours winner, and guess what, we did. I think that makes the guest statement accurate.

As for the imaginary boat? It did not beat Flirt over the line in that race, correct?

In fact it is my guess it did not finish race 2 at all. If so, I hope you can solve the build issues because she shows signs of great speed when it is all working.

Hmmm.

Yes, the guest did state we finished ahead of the Div 0 line honours winner, and guess what, we did. I think that makes the guest statement accurate.

As for the imaginary boat? It did not beat Flirt over the line in that race, correct?

In fact it is my guess it did not finish race 2 at all. If so, I hope you can solve the build issues because she shows signs of great speed when it is all working.

It's therefore also accurate and totally irrelevent, that the last boat in Division three, Matsumi, finished over 22 minutes ahead of SC after starting around ten minutes behind them. ( Late start presumably due to recalls or unsuitable conditions )

Hmmm.

It's therefore also accurate and totally irrelevent, that the last boat in Division three, Matsumi, finished over 22 minutes ahead of SC after starting around ten minutes behind them. ( Late start presumably due to recalls or unsuitable conditions )

Yes.

I never stated any of my comments were relevant, only that the Guest's statements were accurate.

However, I should comment that SYG having called my guest a "fucking idiot" in stating his imaginary boat beat Flirt over the line (which it did not) and SC did, has not yet apologised for his error. But that's probably too much to ask!

Is anyone else getting a bit sick of the shit that's going on in this post ? How about we get back to talking about sailing in Melbourne and stop being so precious.

you bastard!...shooosh. this thread is doing fine. farkin hilarious actually

How about we get back to talking about sailing in Melbourne and stop being so precious.

New Limit seen out trialling on the bay...

And for something different...she's not silver...

Doll hoping to be re-sleeved and in syd for a start..

best of luck with the repairs and hope they make it.

Is anyone else getting a bit sick of the shit that's going on in this thread now ? How about we get back to talking about sailing in Melbourne and stop being so precious.

You think this is shit, you have NO IDEA of what's yet to come!!!!!!

Hmmm.

Yes.

I never stated any of my comments were relevant, only that the Guest's statements were accurate.

However, I should comment that SYG having called my guest a "fucking idiot" in stating his imaginary boat beat Flirt over the line (which it did not) and SC did, has not yet apologised for his error. But that's probably too much to ask!

(WE) as in the context of the statement of your guest being part of your crew finishing in front of Flirt. (WE) being the yacht SC. (WE) being us on SC (WE) being YOU ! The error in question is yours. As for your guess at the imaginary boat it did finish Race 2 and didnt have any build issues and yes it did not finish in front of Flirt. I am not the one boasting of line honours on a predominately reaching course. Have a nice day.

Hmmm.

Yes.

(WE) as in the context of the statement of your guest being part of your crew finishing in front of Flirt. (WE) being the yacht SC. (WE) being us on SC (WE) being YOU ! The error in question is yours. As for your guess at the imaginary boat it did finish Race 2 and didnt have any build issues and yes it did not finish in front of Flirt. I am not the one boasting of line honours on a predominately reaching course. Have a nice day.

I suggest you get the urinary tract infection looked into as you appear to have a WE problem.

I graciously accept your apology on behalf of my guest.

Lastly, I didn't know that winning on a reaching course does not count as winning. That cans about 60% of all Sydney Hobart race winners.

Cheers.

Hmmm.

Yes.

I suggest you get the urinary tract infection looked into as you appear to have a WE problem.

I graciously accept your apology on behalf of my guest.

Lastly, I didn't know that winning on a reaching course does not count as winning. That cans about 60% of all Sydney Hobart race winners.

Cheers.

hang on..did you just say your last weekends performance is equivalent to a Syd/Hobart? i think you did

now let's not cherry pick those results

Range series 2007-2008 div 1 over the line "Smooth criminal"

Heat 1..4th

Heat 2..2nd

Heat 3..4th

Heat 4..3rd

Heat 5..ABN

Heat 6..DNS...MUST OF BEEN OVER 20KNOTS :(

Heat 7..1st

looks like you were chasing some sterns at some stage Don

Quite right. I'm sure you're not interested in the specific reasons why that occurred in the earlier races e.g. small "IRC" rig (small main, small spinacker) as opposed to designed rig in latter part of season

Heat 6. Yes it was breezy, and we were short on crew. SC is not a boat to race in close quarters, in breeze, without key permanent crew.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which Div 1 boat from last season can match race SC other than Bullistic

looking at smooth criminals position before withdrawing the list would appear long.

You are right not a good day last Saturday. Part of the price we are paying for having my new rig turn up 6 weeks late, no on the water tuning time for the boat or me before racing which was obvious by our lack of speed upwind off the start line.

The PBO rigging has made a huge difference to SCs trim so we are kind of starting from scratch.

Some serious right hand wind shifts on the first leg (we were on the left) saw us way back.

Also, first race in breeze for our new female trimmers and foredecky.

Finally, the vang broke just after the 30kt squall hit while we were rounding the top mark which ended our day.

Not a good day result wise, but we now have a much better handle on the tune alterations required, and the girls now know not to stand when trimming the kite in breeze!!!!

Hi Gang - another Melbourne newbie here, with more pearls of wisdom to share....

New rig for SC.... any impact to AMS handicap?

No impact to AMS rating.

Don't be so sure about that sunshine.

Well Coach

You seem to know an awful lot more about my rig, boat, and who, and when I notified appropriate people about what than I do.

So be my guest and notify the handicapper, however, keep in mind there are a number of yachts in various clubs which have not had numerous alterations/changes declared as per the Performance handicap and AMS rules.

So if you what to start a gun fight, better hope your not in the firing line.

Evo,

I hear what you are saying, and the short answer. NO, in no way.

However, a win is a win regardless of the course or the wind direction/speed etc.

SYG seems to have an issue with a Guest (whom he called a "fucking idiot") who sailed on my boat posting their thoughts/opinions of the days sailing. I wonder if SYG realises or cares who he is insulting???

Hi Gang - another Melbourne newbie here, with more pearls of wisdom to share....

New rig for SC.... any impact to AMS handicap?

No impact to AMS rating.

Don't be so sure about that sunshine.

Well Coach

You seem to know an awful lot more about my rig, boat, and who, and when I notified appropriate people about what than I do.

So be my guest and notify the handicapper, however, keep in mind there are a number of yachts in various clubs which have not had numerous alterations/changes declared as per the Performance handicap and AMS rules.

So if you what to start a gun fight, better hope your not in the firing line.

AMS and YV Handicapped boats in Melbourne are kidding themselves if they think they are currently racing on a "level playing field" or indeed, ever have! Both systems are rife with cheats (no other word for it) with unreported, unmeasured or unweighed alterations and they are out there in their cheater boats racing against the rest of you every time you front up to the start line. Fortunately for the cheats, YV has a bad history of ignoring or dismissing protests over such issues going back over very many years. Hopefully that may change soon with "talk" of spot checks and measurements, even short notice mandatory re-weighing mid-season to catch out the cunts who will do anything for a pickle dish and a moment of glory. Hope you are squeaky clean DC. Suspect you probably are.

Evo,

However, a win is a win regardless of the course or the wind direction/speed etc.

SYG seems to have an issue with a Guest (whom he called a "fucking idiot") who sailed on my boat posting their thoughts/opinions of the days sailing. I wonder if SYG realises or cares who he is insulting???

not to worry.... can't help the angry. be more interesting to hear about this ride you had than all the cheating-no-proof-lunacy-calls that are getting attention now. nothing wrong with the joy of quick

what sort of klicks at what angle? that kind of stuff. muuuch more interesting

Evo,

not to worry.... can't help the angry. be more interesting to hear about this ride you had than all the cheating-no-proof-lunacy-calls that are getting attention now. nothing wrong with the joy of quick

what sort of klicks at what angle? that kind of stuff. muuuch more interesting

Not sure of the peak speed I had a bit on. I saw 16.6 on the 3FD which has been very recently calibrated relative to the chart plotter (which was on).

The TWA was between 160 to 165, the asy kite was designed and built by Lindsay Irwin specifically for windward-leeward courses and although slightly smaller than our North 2A is light years ahead in speed and "trimability". I don't know what the wind speed was after rounding it was about 20 knots just prior to setting up for the gybe set. I do know that we were just under 4 minutes ahead of the second boat (relatively new Benny 45) at the windward mark and about 6 minutes ahead at the leeward.

SC is an interesting boat downhill, the feel reminds me somewhat of the old Australian 14' Skiff "Aquarius" or "Rhino Juice" hulls, on rails as long as your relatively upright, push it that fraction more and the stern tries to bite the bow. If I remember correctly they were an A Buckland design; round hull, no chines - but I could be wrong.

The gybe was probably the most memorable part of the ride, set to gybe, waited for the wave (what little there was), started to feed her though and the boom just floated to the centre line and stayed there until we popped the kite (outside gybe) onto the new gybe, all too easy.

I would like to line up against Chutzpah downhill sometime in a breeze with waves one day, I'm not sure who would be quicker.

The TWA was between 160 to 165, the asy kite was designed and built by Lindsay Irwin specifically for windward-leeward courses and although slightly smaller than our North 2A is light years ahead in speed and "trimability".

wide flat head angle? lots of projection? North struggle with flat in that part of the kite. positive catenary is all their programme can do it seems. no flat lines or negative catenary possible. always a curve never a straight line. fabric reacts accordingly. leech never fully open when luff is set...always a moment from stalling the back makes a narrow groove.

seen pics of Irwins kites. look right as can be. don't have to be huge. just have to fly right

Now it's safe to return to the water, a couple of comments (if anyone gives a fuck) about the racing over the last two weekends.

With regard to the Range I thought the Principal Race Officer (on the 0 & 1 course) did a great job to get a fair result given the changing and challenging conditions he had to deal with.

Given the bunching of boats of very much different performance it was very wise to allow a some settling out prior to setting a new leeward (contraversial to some) mark, thus ensuring the full third lap was a fair course.

To do anything else invited disaster IMHO.

I make no comment regarding the Div 2/3 race.

The Benny 45 seems to me (or that one at least) to be a very sweet looking and well sailed boat, being very high and fast in the earlier lighter conditions and very quick to accelerate off the line.

And it seems at least two boats from seperate divisions have lodged a request for redress given the abandonment of the overnighter, with witnesses from another two boats comming along to make things even more interesting

Now it's safe to return to the water, a couple of comments (if anyone gives a fuck) about the racing over the last two weekends.

With regard to the Range I thought the Principal Race Officer (on the 0 & 1 course) did a great job to get a fair result given the changing and challenging conditions he had to deal with.

Given the bunching of boats of very much different performance it was very wise to allow a some settling out prior to setting a new leeward (contraversial to some) mark, thus ensuring the full third lap was a fair course.

The Benny 45 seems to me (or that one at least) to be a very sweet looking and well sailed boat, being very high and fast in the earlier lighter conditions and very quick to accelerate off the line.

And it seems at least two boats from seperate divisions have lodged a request for redress given the abandonment of the overnighter, with witnesses from another two boats comming along to make things even more interesting

About fucking time .................. Alleluia !!!

Well done Rosco.

A dude from Parks Vic has confirmed in writing that R1 was not there during the (Tam O) race. Not there, and not replaced with any temporary mark.

Rossco, WTF did you round ? And you weren't the only boat to have rounded 'R1' - Magic claimed to have found it too.

Thickening plot ensues.

The TWA was between 160 to 165, the asy kite was designed and built by Lindsay Irwin specifically for windward-leeward courses and although slightly smaller than our North 2A is light years ahead in speed and "trimability".

wide flat head angle? lots of projection? North struggle with flat in that part of the kite. positive catenary is all their programme can do it seems. no flat lines or negative catenary possible. always a curve never a straight line. fabric reacts accordingly. leech never fully open when luff is set...always a moment from stalling the back makes a narrow groove.

seen pics of Irwins kites. look right as can be. don't have to be huge. just have to fly right

Glad the thread is back on track to something resembling sailing, but what is positive catenary, and do i need some ? :unsure:

A dude from Parks Vic has confirmed in writing that R1 was not there during the (Tam O) race. Not there, and not replaced with any temporary mark.

Rossco, WTF did you round ? And you weren't the only boat to have rounded 'R1' - Magic claimed to have found it too.

Thickening plot ensues.

Actally at least four boats (and more importantly crews) found it.

Smooth Criminal, Magic , Delphis and I am advised Flirt.(with a man up the mast so it goes)

I suggest the Dude from Parks has only confirmed they replaced a so called missing mark.

They never took it away, only replaced what they were told was missing.

Anyhow, the Protest Committee will decide ;)

Thickening plot ensues.

Smooth Criminal, Magic , Delphis and I am advised Flirt.(with a man up the mast so it goes)

I suggest the Dude from Parks has only confirmed they replaced a so called missing mark.

The race shouldn't be abandoned as all you have to do is round where the mark should have been.

Thickening plot ensues.

We have watched you guys stroking your egos all season and now it would appear you have been stroking something else which has affected your eyesight, causing you to see flashing lights and things that aren't there. Stop it or you'll go blind :P

Thickening plot ensues.

The "dude from Parks" has the title "Ranger in Charge - East Port Phillip", so I guess he should know(?), and the email states that the R1 buoy was "reported missing" and "... was not there for your race on the 28th". I also hear that he verbally confirmed that there was no replacement/substitute buoy in place ('cos it was "missing" I guess!). However you also make a good point about the wording being "replacing a missing mark" as I see its as also possible that the reason it was "missing" is that it was somehow blown off its position and damaged, thus "missing", but still actually out there somewhere, and found by some boats??? Unless Parks perform a search and rescue exercise to find the "missing" R1 buoy, I guess this will remain a mystery? Whatever the outcome of the redress hearing, some people will remain unhappy with the outcome. C'est la vie!

Thickening plot ensues.

The "dude from Parks" has the title "Ranger in Charge - East Port Phillip", so I guess he should know(?), and the email states that the R1 buoy was "reported missing" and "... was not there for your race on the 28th". I also hear that he verbally confirmed that there was no replacement/substitute buoy in place ('cos it was "missing" I guess!). However you also make a good point about the wording being "replacing a missing mark" as I see its as also possible that the reason it was "missing" is that it was somehow blown off its position and damaged, thus "missing", but still actually out there somewhere, and found by some boats??? Unless Parks perform a search and rescue exercise to find the "missing" R1 buoy, I guess this will remain a mystery? Whatever the outcome of the redress hearing, some people will remain unhappy with the outcome. C'est la vie!

I reakon your post pretty much sums it up.

On the one hand we have a government department reporting that they replaced a mark that "someone" told them was missing and they replaced sometime after the race.

Perhaps in the public service they don't look too hard :rolleyes:

On the other we have eye witness accounts from the crews on at least four different boats that sailed in three totally different divisions that found and positivly identified the mark, and all of those boats rounded the mark quite some time apart.

I'd hate to think that an 80+ mile overnight race was abandoned simply on the strength of an email from a government department.

Someone has to watch where we are going Don! :-) Anyway, the main was perfectly trimmed.

Still working the bastard out and if we can fix the corners of the course should be better. Hopefully we have another new one in Melb by Geelong and there is a chance that the French boat might be there so makes it even more promising.

Anyone know if the old SMB2 is comming out to play ?

Thickening plot ensues.

Any chance you could share the email, with those of us that didn't see either? ( the mark or the email!)

Still working the bastard out and if we can fix the corners of the course should be better. Hopefully we have another new one in Melb by Geelong and there is a chance that the French boat might be there so makes it even more promising.

Don't have any contact with them, but they were at the Corporate Day on Friday, nice of them to support the club, expected they might hang around for the Range Races, but it didn't happen.

Someone has to watch where we are going Don! :-) Anyway, the main was perfectly trimmed.

Welcome to Sailing Anarchy, you will find like the other members of Don's crew and his Guests that you are made to feel welcome here, especially in this particular thread, which by now would have been renamed in their honour, except we don't quite know how to do that.

Oh I nearly forgot,

Fuck Off Newbie!!

Welcome to Sailing Anarchy, you will find like the other members of Don's crew and his Guests that you are made to feel welcome here, especially in this particular thread, which by now would have been renamed in their honour, except we don't quite know how to do that.

Oh I nearly forgot,

Fuck Off Newbie!!

Ha! A 17 post newbie gives a fuck off greeting to a 15 post newbie. Now that's calling the seniority card :P

Welcome to Self Agrandisement 101 brought to you by the Don & Rossco Show

Just an observation for what it is worth but the boat seemed to me to being sailed a little too hot (at least initially) down the first run.

Seemed to us VMG would be better served sailing a little deeper, but perhaps the polars say somthing else.

I guess having another one on the Bay will sort that out in time.

Good luck with, and it's way better looking than a 44.7