Melbourne Big Boat Fleet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did the rebuild over a number of years. We would race and cruise in the summer, then in the winter we would pick an area and refit that area as our winter project. So we used the boat pretty much f

To be clear...if I know anything about sailing, it's because I've made so many mistakes...and learned from them. Here's a lesson - always try and sail with someone better than you are...so you can alw

One of the biggest challenges facing div yacht racing is the wholesale de skilling of people through lack of opportunity to learn in adverse conditions races get called off , no one does deliveri

Posted Images

Can't wait to see the divisional splits. It'll have a big impact on the National IRC Series.

The divisional splits are in the NoR. Will be the same for all Audi IRC Australian Champs events

Sweet, found it.

Thanks.

Can't wait to see the divisional splits. It'll have a big impact on the National IRC Series.

The divisional splits are in the NoR. Will be the same for all Audi IRC Australian Champs events

So do I have this right?

If you want to race the "best" boats you have to have an IRC rating.

If I choose not to have an IRC rating for my boat, I cannot race these yachts because I do not qualify to be in Divisions 1, 2, or 3. The reason I choose not to rate my boat is that (when rated) at 1.182 I should have a 46 - 47 footer not a 36 footer, so where is the justice?

Yachts in these divisions can have an AMS rating but no scores or trophies apply?

AMS is now relegated to "Performance" division, with a separate course?

In a VICTORIAN regatta the VICTORIAN developed rating system has been shoved aside, Why?

Are the IRC advocates so precious that they cannot allow yachts using another rating system to compete on-the-water with them?

I for one will not enter my yacht in this regatta under these conditions.

The Skandia /Audi RGYC race 'management', for want of a better word, has systematically, over the last few years stripped this event of it's essential character and all that used to be good about it. Numbers will be down again, most sailors will be pissed off about their ratings, their divisional splits and the ridiculously distant location of their courses while the aforementioned management will publish reams of utter bullshit about what a great time everyone is having while simultaneously patting each other on the back for a job supposedly well done. Local accommodation houses will gouge usurious tariffs out of crew members and local prices for fast food/drinks will mysteriously double for the event.The media will once again be saturated with images of about 6 yachts.

Welcome to Geelong; have a nice (sort of) week!

The Skandia /Audi RGYC race 'management', for want of a better word, has systematically, over the last few years stripped this event of it's essential character and all that used to be good about it. Numbers will be down again, most sailors will be pissed off about their ratings, their divisional splits and the ridiculously distant location of their courses while the aforementioned management will publish reams of utter bullshit about what a great time everyone is having while simultaneously patting each other on the back for a job supposedly well done. Local accommodation houses will gouge usurious tariffs out of crew members and local prices for fast food/drinks will mysteriously double for the event.The media will once again be saturated with images of about 6 yachts.

Welcome to Geelong; have a nice (sort of) week!

Yep, those greedy pricks really have stuffed what was a great event!

You hear this criticism of nearly every large regatta, Hammo, Cowes,Key West etc. This is symptomatic of all these regattas. They become events in their own right AND THEY NEED TO for the sake of getting yachting out there. If it is the future, you hear similar stories of all events, car races, football, rock concerts and so on! Unfortunately any large event will not keep everyone happy, the larger it become the more balls have to be juggled. If it is not for you simply don't attend. I am from G'town and hence obviously support the event but I have friends who sail compete the world and they rate it.

You hear this criticism of nearly every large regatta, Hammo, Cowes,Key West etc. This is symptomatic of all these regattas. They become events in their own right AND THEY NEED TO for the sake of getting yachting out there. If it is the future, you hear similar stories of all events, car races, football, rock concerts and so on! Unfortunately any large event will not keep everyone happy, the larger it become the more balls have to be juggled. If it is not for you simply don't attend. I am from G'town and hence obviously support the event but I have friends who sail compete the world and they rate it.

A regatta costs a lot of money to put on. And needs a lot of volunteers to make it happen. There are always a few who want it all for nothing and just will not understand that it would not happen without volunteers and $$$$$$.

Geelong might be a victim of it's own success. Because it is a great regatta it got big. Because it got big - it costs more to run. Should that expense come out of the volunteers pockets?

A regatta costs a lot of money to put on. And needs a lot of volunteers to make it happen. There are always a few who want it all for nothing and just will not understand that it would not happen without volunteers and $$$$$$.

Geelong might be a victim of it's own success. Because it is a great regatta it got big. Because it got big - it costs more to run. Should that expense come out of the volunteers pockets?

Very much appreciate the time and effort the volunteers put in, and have no issue in paying accordingly! Essentially agree with all the comments made, however a number of the "initiatives" have discouraged sailors from coming, which is the exact opposite to what should be happening. Declining numbers over the last few years, and realistically pretty piss poor entries to date for this year, I'd suggest support this.

My main beef is with the format of the racing...

1. You are now forced to enter for the full four day event, whereas they always used to offer a shorter series just for the weekend (ie. the passage race down on Saturday and one or two races on the Sunday). It worked really well for those who wanted to enjoy the atmosphere for a night or two, but had work on the other days or weren't that serious about doing the whole thing.

2. They have separated out IRC (as a separate series and division) from AMS and EHC??

Very much appreciate the time and effort the volunteers put in, and have no issue in paying accordingly! Essentially agree with all the comments made, however a number of the "initiatives" have discouraged sailors from coming, which is the exact opposite to what should be happening. Declining numbers over the last few years, and realistically pretty piss poor entries to date for this year, I'd suggest support this.

1. You are now forced to enter for the full four day event, whereas they always used to offer a shorter series just for the weekend (ie. the passage race down on Saturday and one or two races on the Sunday). It worked really well for those who wanted to enjoy the atmosphere for a night or two, but had work on the other days or weren't that serious about doing the whole thing.

2. They have separated out IRC (as a separate series and division) from AMS and EHC??

You do realise that Oz Day is always on the 26th therefore the format will always be different every year because the 26th is on a different day each year.

So whats wrong with having more divisions? More winners that way. I did read somewhere that you can enter IRC AND AMS. Must be in the same start for that to happen.

I may be wrong but I believe most of the changes to format were based on response to competitors survey? It will be interesting to see how these regattas evolve in future. The GFC and world climate has had an effect on all the sailing regattas that are based on broad participation. Audi Week will be no exception.I seem to notice the recreational racing is burgeoning and the top end grand prix is getting more hardcore but declining in numbers.Nice to have a regatta that (attempts to) accommodates both. The overlap of divisions will always be an issue as long as mixed fleets race together. Some of my septic pals described Audi (or Skandia as it was at the time) as Cowes week on the water and Antigua Race week ashore.They could not believe the people wandering the shore at a sailing event.

You do realise that Oz Day is always on the 26th therefore the format will always be different every year because the 26th is on a different day each year.

So whats wrong with having more divisions? More winners that way. I did read somewhere that you can enter IRC AND AMS. Must be in the same start for that to happen.

Not really wanting to get into an ongoing discussion about this, but as per Amendment 4 of the NOR, if you are entered in the "IRC" series you can also get an AMS result.

However, it does not change Item 4.2 of the NOR, which is - There are two separate Audi Series, Audi IRC Series and Audi Performance Series (AMS and EHC). Boats may enter in only one Audi Series.

The two CAN NOT be on the same start line as the schedule of races is slightly different for the two series!! Logically, surely it would have made more sense to run it like the Range series where all boats of a similar size and / or speed are banded into the same division / start / series, and you choose which of the three rating systems you want to race under??!!

Can you appreciate the frustration now?

BTW OCS... Wednesday afternoon non spinnaker recreational racing is now the most heavily subscribed series at our club! Saturday racing declining!

Not really wanting to get into an ongoing discussion about this, but as per Amendment 4 of the NOR, if you are entered in the "IRC" series you can also get an AMS result.

However, it does not change Item 4.2 of the NOR, which is - There are two separate Audi Series, Audi IRC Series and Audi Performance Series (AMS and EHC). Boats may enter in only one Audi Series.

The two CAN NOT be on the same start line as the schedule of races is slightly different for the two series!! Logically, surely it would have made more sense to run it like the Range series where all boats of a similar size and / or speed are banded into the same division / start / series, and you choose which of the three rating systems you want to race under??!!

Can you appreciate the frustration now?

BTW OCS... Wednesday afternoon non spinnaker recreational racing is now the most heavily subscribed series at our club! Saturday racing declining!

I presume what you call Performance is VYC Handicap, which is totally different to AMS. I do not know what the EHC is that you refer to.

Read the NOR Johnny.

I don't remember making a complaint about the entry fees or the need for volunteers to make the regatta work.

My beef is the separation of yachts on-the-water based on rating systems. Part of Geelongs "charm" was the mix of yachts competing on the same course which has been steadily removed over the last couple of years.

Example Scenario. IF "General Lee" were to enter the regatta she would (I assume) be placed in the IRC division, but I could not enter my boat (1 foot shorter approx) and compete against General Lee on the water because I choose not to rate under IRC because of the a ridiculously high IRC rating my boat gets issued.

I think a General Lee/Smooth Criminal head to head would be fun.

Flat Bag,

You are so on the money..................

And that from a native Geelongian.

In the famous words of Sam Kekovich...

You know I'm right!

Such a shame. I must have done 30+ Geelong regattas and can remember the good old days with the food provided by the Lions Club volunteers, and the beer tickets you couldn't use the following year so you had to binge to use 'em all up before staggering back to your boat for the cruise back to Melbin. Remember the Advertiser Trophy for inter-club teams? Those classic big breeze races that were actually held... wait for it...on Corio Bay right out front of the yacht club so the sailors and spectators could actually fucking see it happening. Shock! Horror! What an appalling concept putting an event like that where people who might be interested can actually see it! They still have photos of some of those epic events in the RGYC club but sadly that sort of racing has all been lost to corporate largesse. They boast about the huge entry list each year but what they don't tell you (but you can find out for yourself in the result sheets where the list of DNS is, or at least should be embarrassing to the organisers) is how few boats actually compete in all the races they have entered / been forced to enter. With the notable exception of the passage race, they vote with their feet and stay away in droves. Crying shame what has been done to this once fantastic sailors regatta.

Such a shame. I must have done 30+ Geelong regattas and can remember the good old days with the food provided by the Lions Club volunteers, and the beer tickets you couldn't use the following year so you had to binge to use 'em all up before staggering back to your boat for the cruise back to Melbin. Remember the Advertiser Trophy for inter-club teams? Those classic big breeze races that were actually held... wait for it...on Corio Bay right out front of the yacht club so the sailors and spectators could actually fucking see it happening. Shock! Horror! What an appalling concept putting an event like that where people who might be interested can actually see it! They still have photos of some of those epic events in the RGYC club but sadly that sort of racing has all been lost to corporate largesse. They boast about the huge entry list each year but what they don't tell you (but you can find out for yourself in the result sheets where the list of DNS is, or at least should be embarrassing to the organisers) is how few boats actually compete in all the races they have entered / been forced to enter. With the notable exception of the passage race, they vote with their feet and stay away in droves. Crying shame what has been done to this once fantastic sailors regatta.

You are living in the past, things have moved on.

Read the NOR Johnny.

I don't remember making a complaint about the entry fees or the need for volunteers to make the regatta work.

Hi Don. Didn't say you did mate. I'm just getting a bit fed up with incessant criticism of events that are mostly run by people who give up a lot of their time for no recompense at all. In this case mostly Fatback.

If it was a totally professionally run event with everyone being paid, then critique is fine, if you had paid the $5000 entry fee it would take to pay for the regatta.

As I said, Geelong is a victim of it's own success. They can't cater to everyone's unique desires.

ps. Can't download the NOR for some reason. Laptop has just about karked it.

Read the NOR Johnny.

My beef is the separation of yachts on-the-water based on rating systems. Part of Geelongs "charm" was the mix of yachts competing on the same course which has been steadily removed over the last couple of years.

The simple fact is it would be a nightmare with all sizes and styles on same course. The racing would be frustrating and dangerous.Plus simply all the boats would not fit on the course.

Example Scenario. IF "General Lee" were to enter the regatta she would (I assume) be placed in the IRC division, but I could not enter my boat (1 foot shorter approx) and compete against General Lee on the water because I choose not to rate under IRC because of the a ridiculously high IRC rating my boat gets issued.

I think a General Lee/Smooth Criminal head to head would be fun.

[/quote]Unless i am mistaken you are basing criticism on the fact that you would like to race against the IRC boats but you choose not to as you boat is not suited to that rule. To support this you state the scenario that you would like to personally race against a boat that is not attending, but if she did she would possibly be in a different division!!

Remember that ships use Corio Bay. The harbour authority WILL have some say in what & where things happen.

Not on that weekend they don't - that has been the case for years now.

You are living in the past, things have moved on.

My point precisely. Things have moved on to the point where the regatta is demonstrably proving unpalatable to a very large number of "participants" who choose to sit out the events rather than travel all over the place to distant race courses despite having paid their entry fees for those events. Nothing wrong with progress; measured, sensible progress that addresses the needs of the sailors over and above the needs of the sponsors.

Remember that ships use Corio Bay. The harbour authority WILL have some say in what & where things happen.

You gotta be joking. Do you think a shipping company will delay a ship at maybe $20,000 a day just to accomodate a few rich guys yachting?

You gotta be joking. Do you think a shipping company will delay a ship at maybe $20,000 a day just to accomodate a few rich guys yachting?

They do. Check with RGYC. Been doing that for some years now.(Shipping is my business)

They do. Check with RGYC. Been doing that for some years now.(Shipping is my business)

Well I wonder what those bloody great black things moving in & out of Corio Bay were?

And I thought I was speaking to the harbour master re ship movements when I was RO there a couple of years ago . Must have been an imposter. Can't trust anybody can you.

Well I wonder what those bloody great black things moving in & out of Corio Bay were? Probably turds, John

And I thought I was speaking to the harbour master re bowel movements when I was RO there a couple of years ago . Must have been an imposter. Can't trust anybody can you.

Try scheduling some tonnage into Corio Bay on that weekend and let me know how you go.

You must not be very good at your business, as a bloody big ship came steaming up the channel when we were racing last year. Perhaps they do delay shipping while the passage race is finishing. If they do. that's all they do. Have seen many ships arrive and depart over the years when racing has been going on.

Simple solution = One Design racing

So, J24 nationals for you.......?

Unfortunately, yes. Woe is me...

Mex

Heard as much.... see you there :)

Why are we talking about the J24 Nationals o be held at MHYC in Sydney in a topic dedicated to Melbourne Big Boats?

Can we stop? It's making my head hurt.

Mex

Provisional results of the ORCV Boxing Day Dash (aka C*ck of the Bay) now posted on web on orcv.org.au.

Looks like the Bene F40 Wicked continues to show good Christmas form by taking out IRC, backing up their 2nd in last years Syd-Hob.

Alibi (Syd 36) takes out AMS from Wicked by a few secs. Good close racing!

As expected, Gusto cleans up Line Honours, and Dream Catcher 3 wins Performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get the story on why Calm retired from the Hobart race?

yes.

It was a pretty simply question, so do you care to elaborate since you are normally well informed about matters in the Calm camp?

A cone of silence on the reason for the retirement only generates what may end up being widely incorrect rumours, or do we just believe them and add her to the growing list of cheap (and getting cheaper) TP52s in Australia?

yes.

It was a pretty simply question, so do you care to elaborate since you are normally well informed about matters in the Calm camp?

A cone of silence on the reason for the retirement only generates what may end up being widely incorrect rumours, or do we just believe them and add her to the growing list of cheap (and getting cheaper) TP52s in Australia?

I understand someone (I don't know who) was seriously ill and had to be got ashore.

yes.

I understand someone (I don't know who) was seriously ill and had to be got ashore.

Thanks. Puts an end to the rumours I had heard now.

• 4 weeks later...

So Full Metal Jacket turned up in Melbourne around this time last year, sat at RYCV for a long time looking unloved, came up on the market and has since been sold. Anybody know who got there hands on it and how much of a bargain they scored?

I think it's still at the Royals, there's a boat in the pens in the furthest out row which looks suspiciously like it. I'd have a look but it's too far to walk out the end of the pier.

So Full Metal Jacket turned up in Melbourne around this time last year, sat at RYCV for a long time looking unloved, came up on the market and has since been sold. Anybody know who got there hands on it and how much of a bargain they scored?

Newcastle!!!! of all places.

FMJ is definitely still at Royal YC of Vic as of this afternoon, Friday Feb 4. Northernmost row, 4 berths east from the walkway.

post-449-010405400 1296792146_thumb.jpg

Newcastle!!!! of all places.

Could it be getting a green paint job....???

You gotta be joking. Do you think a shipping company will delay a ship at maybe 6;20,000 a day just to accomodate a few rich guys yachting?

Try scheduling some tonnage into Corio Bay on that weekend and let me know how you go.

So that wasn't a ship that sailed through the sportsboat fleet on our distance race on day 1, nor was the bloody great red one that they delayed one of our windward leewards for either? And the radio calls from the RC advising us of the shipping movements and instructing us to keep clear were hoax calls?

I wonder if they'll tow her north behind a truck...

I think there could be much anger if you happen to be wrong there Mex...

I think there could be much anger if you happen to be wrong there Mex...

Well perhaps they had better organize some managment for that anger.

LOUD NOISES

Old news now but I am just back on deck after a minor procedure. Thanks for all the good wishes, I know you missed me :P

Now that I am back on deck, I have to say something about the last Range Race for Div 2 & 3 on Sat Feb 5th.It was noted as a Brighton conducted race but seemed to be run by the Sandy team on their start boat Endeavour. Whoever was responsible for that farcical Div 2 & 3 reaching course should have their arse reamed out with a large diameter red hot poker. Why the fuck they couldn't drop in a new weather mark after that first leg is beyond me; the shift must have been more than 30 degrees! Made a fucking joke of the entire race which enabled some to undeservedly get of jail. Lazy fuckers even set up their finish in line with the by then way out of position windward mark. Made themselves look like fucking amateurs when they usually do a reasonable job.

Looking forward to the Overnighter out of SYC this weekend. At least thats around fixed marks so they shouldn't be able to fuck that up... as long as the fixed marks aren't in a workyard in Williamstown being anti fouled that is :o

Rant over, FB out.

Old news now but I am just back on deck after a minor procedure. Thanks for all the good wishes, I know you missed me :P

Now that I am back on deck, I have to say something about the last Range Race for Div 2 & 3 on Sat Feb 5th.It was noted as a Brighton conducted race but seemed to be run by the Sandy team on their start boat Endeavour. Whoever was responsible for that farcical Div 2 & 3 reaching course should have their arse reamed out with a large diameter red hot poker. Why the fuck they couldn't drop in a new weather mark after that first leg is beyond me; the shift must have been more than 30 degrees! Made a fucking joke of the entire race which enabled some to undeservedly get of jail. Lazy fuckers even set up their finish in line with the by then way out of position windward mark. Made themselves look like fucking amateurs when they usually do a reasonable job.

Looking forward to the Overnighter out of SYC this weekend. At least thats around fixed marks so they shouldn't be able to fuck that up... as long as the fixed marks aren't in a workyard in Williamstown being anti fouled that is :o

Rant over, FB out.

Not the first time they've done it.

And re the fixed marks for the overnighter, reckon that can't be fucked up ? Ask Don about a certain Tam O Shanter a few years ago

Rant over, FB out.

And re the fixed marks for the overnighter, reckon that can't be fucked up ? Ask Don about a certain Tam O Shanter a few years ago

That's precisely what the reference to the mark in the workyard is about DC. That was the mark Don and his crony Rossco swore blind all over this Forum that they had rounded. IIRC, dated photos of the mark in question sitting in the yard in Williamstown appeared on here to refute their argument. :(

Rant over, FB out.

That's precisely what the reference to the mark in the workyard is about DC. That was the mark Don and his crony Rossco swore blind all over this Forum that they had rounded. IIRC, dated photos of the mark in question sitting in the yard in Williamstown appeared on here to refute their argument. :(

Wrong again dickhead.

The mark R1 was still out there. Not where the SIs stated. It had been hit by something and damaged - shifted and the light was still working at about 10% and it was low in the water. Some boats found it by accident.

Rant over, FB out.

Thanks for the reminder!

Now I have to restart my medications!

Rant over, FB out.

Wrong again dickhead.

The mark R1 was still out there. Not where the SIs stated. It had been hit by something and damaged - shifted and the light was still working at about 10% and it was low in the water. Some boats found it by accident.

No one found it bozo, the mark was out of the water for maintenance and anti foul in Williamstown. Once the SYC RC found that to be the case the event was deemed to be no-race and abandoned. If you must refute every post I make then take the fucking trouble to find out the facts you ignorant cunt! (...and that last statement is an irrefutable fact)

Sorry FB but you are incorrect.

I was at the protest hearing as was Johnny Saint.

5 yachts found the mark.

No one found it bozo, the mark was out of the water for maintenance and anti foul in Williamstown. Once the SYC RC found that to be the case the event was deemed to be no-race and abandoned. If you must refute every post I make then take the fucking trouble to find out the facts you ignorant cunt! (...and that last statement is an irrefutable fact)

The PC upheld the abandonment because the mark was out of position, and the SI's stated an EXACT lat & long, which of course turned out to be incorrect, and THAT was the reason the race was scrapped. The SI's should have stated "in the vicinity of lat & long".

Rant over, FB out.

Thanks for the reminder!

Now I have to restart my medications!

Must be Viagra judging by the length of your prodder!!

Rant over, FB out.

Wrong again dickhead.

You should check the facts before you shoot your mouth off, fuckwit.

See Don's last post. I was on the jury that heard the numerous Requests for Redress. Want to contradict that -- FUCKWIT!

edit ... and the jury/PC decision was that the RC had not committed an error in abandoning the race after the finish. The RC COULD have used better judgment, but they did not make an error.

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

Div 0 - 1 entry IRC, 0 in AMS

Div 1 - 2 entries IRC, 2 in AMS

Div 2 - 5 entries IRC, 4 in AMS

Div 3 - 3 entries IRC, 5 in AMS

So,

Div 0 result in IRC is excluded as minimum numbers not met.

Div 1 result in IRC and AMS is excluded as minimum numbers not met.

Div 3 result in IRC is excluded as minimum numbers not met.

What a total waste of time.

This race needs to be revived by moving the start time to 0600 Saturday morning, and make it a day race.

Starting work at 0700 on a Friday morning finishing at 1730 to get to the boat, set up, start the race at 2000, then sail all night to finish at 0600 maybe more likely 0800. Most peoples lifestyles do not support this kind of scheduling these days.

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

So,

This race needs to be revived by moving the start time to 0600 Saturday morning, and make it a day race.

Starting work at 0700 on a Friday morning finishing at 1730 to get to the boat, set up, start the race at 2000, then sail all night to finish at 0600 maybe more likely 0800. Most peoples lifestyles do not support this kind of scheduling these days.

Late '70s, early '80s there was about 20 overnight races each year - 60 to 100 milers, around the bay. Even did one 350 miler. Very much a navigation exercise back then. These days with GPS, that part of it has gone. Or maybe people are just too soft these days. Used to get over 100 boats doing it back then.

Jisuma/Tam-O-Shanter is about the last overnighter isn't it?

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

So,

Late '70s, early '80s there was about 20 overnight races each year - 60 to 100 milers, around the bay. Even did one 350 miler. Very much a navigation exercise back then. These days with GPS, that part of it has gone. Or maybe people are just too soft these days. Used to get over 100 boats doing it back then.

There are a few gullible wives/gf's out there who think there are still 20 overnight races per year :P

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

So,

There are a few gullible wives/gf's out there who think there are still 20 overnight races per year :P

Maybe the wives/gf's aren't gullible at all Chris;)

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

So,

Maybe the wives/gf's aren't gullible at all Chris;)

Shhh!

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

So,

I understand that JS, but late 70's, early 80's is 28 to 34 years ago, boats have changed and lifestyles have changed, and I'm not getting into the argument for whether that's better or worse, that's just the way it is.

I would enter the Jisuma/Tam OShanter IF it was made an early MORNING start on the Saturday. I enjoy longer races if they are "day" races NOT over nighters.

How many other owners out there would do the same??

Jisuma/Tam OShanter race

So,

I understand that JS, but late 70's, early 80's is 28 to 34 years ago, boats have changed and lifestyles have changed, and I'm not getting into the argument for whether that's better or worse, that's just the way it is.

I would enter the Jisuma/Tam OShanter IF it was made an early MORNING start on the Saturday. I enjoy longer races if they are "day" races NOT over nighters.

How many other owners out there would do the same??

I probably wouldn't enter if it was night or day. Prefer a destination, of which there aint that many down here.