Melbourne Big Boat Fleet

Apparently FoS has been bailed out by Mariner Holidays.

Great! Except the subsidy is for 38% of the entry fee.

So what happens next year? The dependence on sponsorship continues.

As I wrote in an earlier post the reduction must be 50% at least even then its still more expensive than Port Lincoln Week.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did the rebuild over a number of years. We would race and cruise in the summer, then in the winter we would pick an area and refit that area as our winter project. So we used the boat pretty much f

To be clear...if I know anything about sailing, it's because I've made so many mistakes...and learned from them. Here's a lesson - always try and sail with someone better than you are...so you can alw

One of the biggest challenges facing div yacht racing is the wholesale de skilling of people through lack of opportunity to learn in adverse conditions races get called off , no one does deliveri

Posted Images

So they've finally listened !

Too late for me. But, the email stated, reduced by UP TO 38% - and to check the NOR for the latest fees.

As far as i can tell, nothing has changed.

Surprised that they actually budged from their original position.

As I wrote in an earlier post the reduction must be 50% at least even then its still more expensive than Port Lincoln Week.

Mariner Holidays are the same people as the event managers.Shitting themselves?

I think you're wrong on that.

Giddy Up:

all clubs in victoria owe a great deal to this regatta..its just a pitty that a few of you guys here have nothing better to do than shoot every thing down when ever you can

Unless I am much mistaken, people like me were competing in the Geelong Regatta before you were even born. I've lost count of how many I've attended, probably on the same basis as everyone else - if you actually remember the weekend, you obviously weren't there, but I would guess at least Twenty. I've not only contributed, as hundreds of dollars worth of sodden beer tickets pulled out of the washing machine testify, I've even worked the regatta as an on water volunteer once or twice.

Since Skandia and "Professional Event Managers" came along and took over the event, I and many others have suggested to RGYC, formally and informally, that they were standing into danger by, among other things:

1) Alienating their average competitors by creating an "us and them" divide between "Grand Pricks" competitors and the rest of us great unwashed. This has, and probably still does, resulted in deliberate changes to the Division eligibility criteria to screen out certain types of boats, notably the Adams 10 design, which is arguably the best value trophy grabbing machine ever designed, from winning major events.

Then of course there is the artificial division between "Sponsors" and "Competitors" which results in RGYC management paying all of their attention to the former and none to the latter.

The culmination of this stupidity was the raffle prize for the great unwashed competitors some years ago of: Entry into the sponsors tent with the Stars! Are you so fucking retarded that you don't understand the "Meta message" (the message you are sending when you don't think you are sending any message) inherent in entertaining such a degrading, no, perverted, idea??????

2) Building a huge fixed cost base. Providing bullshit for sponsors costs a lot of money.

3) Destroying Market value. Believe it or not, we didn't mind paying for greasy hamburgers cooked by the Lions club because we knew the profits were going to charity. We didn't begrudge RGYC its beer ticket money because we knew it was their one major fund raiser for the year. The event was as comfortable as an old boot. You even knew where to find which crews in which restaurant or bar - there was a tradition to that.

Well that is all gone. The event is now a plastic professional carbon copy of a thousand other events.

4) Destroying Fun and Spectacle. Racing in the outer harbor is dead boring. If you wanted to see fun and spectacle, all you had to do was crew in Division One and be part of what happened at the first Gybe mark on Sunday afternoon - and if you don't understand what I'm talking about then shut the fuck up because you have no right to comment.

All of us have done our best over many years to tell RGYC that it was standing into danger - they didn't fucking listen. I don't know what else we can do.

4) Destroying Fun and Spectacle. Racing in the outer harbor is dead boring. If you wanted to see fun and spectacle, all you had to do was crew in Division One and be part of what happened at the first Gybe mark on Sunday afternoon - and if you don't understand what I'm talking about then shut the fuck up because you have no right to comment.

I'm not going to get caught up in the fighting, but that last point is a big one for me. I was overseas for a few years and missed a few regattas and when i came back, all of the grand prix racing had shifted to the outer harbour. Makes a huge difference- when you drive down to the club during the weekend, the bay looks empty and dull.

I'm not going to get caught up in the fighting, but that last point is a big one for me. I was overseas for a few years and missed a few regattas and when i came back, all of the grand prix racing had shifted to the outer harbour. Makes a huge difference- when you drive down to the club during the weekend, the bay looks empty and dull.

Having been on both sides of the racing, the inner harbour just wasn't big enough with the larger fleets. Combined with the harbour authorities increased "security" fears since 9/11, something had to be done. Fleets alternated between inner & outer harbour courses.

EDIT.... I guess a lot depends on what you think is more important - the competitors or the spectators. I give competitors priority.

Geelong week is a waste of time. The lawn on Saturday night was interesting.

geee..you guys are awesome !!! contributing much to the sport are we????

Plenty Nudge, but no longer contributing to the upkeep of the ridiculous infrastructure that surrounds Skandia/Audi/No Sponsor/FOS.

The murmur has become a roar but sadly, no one in Geelong can hear it.

well come on flat bag...tell us what how you've contributed to the sport lately..

Apart from cash, time and expertise you mean?

Mariner Holidays are the same people as the event managers.Shitting themselves?

I think you're wrong on that.

JG. I will re word this for you. New Tack Consulting provide management services to Mariner Boating Holidays, and have done for sometime as I'm sure you are aware. My point being is that they have run out of sponsor options and have within their own walls signed on Mariner to save an awkward situation. Well done JG happy now ?

Well that's news to me. Where did you find that info? I could find NO connection. Newtack is in Melb - Mark Turnbull, while Mariner Boating holidays is in Sydney - Trevor Joyce from memory. Hardly "within their own walls". I have never even heard of any connection. If Newtack have found in Mariner a sponsor for the regatta then they've done well. WTF is wrong with that?

Geelong, who really cares.

My question to the MBBF is around AMS (being a Melbourne grown system) & mainsails.

Square head mains seem to be the rage currently and more and more a being seen particularly in IRC (not a system that I will ever compete in)

Can you measure in (AMS) a square head over a pin head without any impact to TCF?

Pro's & Con's would be interesting to hear from anyone that has some actual experiance, or technical understanding.

My question to the MBBF is around AMS (being a Melbourne grown system) & mainsails.

Square head mains seem to be the rage currently and more and more a being seen particularly in IRC (not a system that I will ever compete in)

Can you measure in (AMS) a square head over a pin head without any impact to TCF?

Pro's & Con's would be interesting to hear from anyone that has some actual experiance, or technical understanding.

I'm guessing that you've never seen an AMS certificate otherwise you would know what is measured.

I'm guessing that you've never seen an AMS certificate otherwise you would know what is measured.

Aren't you the IRC freak that hates AMS and all of those that run it?

Boo Hoo Hoo

Someone who has a clue please.

I'll make this easy to understand.

Pro's & Con's: does a square top main, assuming the same TCF, make a particular boat faster around the coarse?

I understand they can be measured in, my question is worth it under AMS?

Someone who may have actually done it or perhaps a sailmaker might like to give an opinion.

General feeling as of today is that RGYC and its associates have used up whatever goodwill was left, and cutting the entry fees won't change the outcome. People are creatures of habit and once the decision to miss the event was taken, a lot of crews have made other plans that won't be reversed.

RGYC needs to understand the concept of "Mindshare" and YV needs to understand that there are plenty of sports and pastimes competing with sailing for peoples attention, time and money.

General feeling as of today is that RGYC and its associates have used up whatever goodwill was left, and cutting the entry fees won't change the outcome. People are creatures of habit and once the decision to miss the event was taken, a lot of crews have made other plans that won't be reversed.

RGYC needs to understand the concept of "Mindshare" and YV needs to understand that there are plenty of sports and pastimes competing with sailing for peoples attention, time and money.

Walrus. Don't know if you've seen this thread. Read post 152.

Have you ever sailed at KWRW JS?

Great drive down from Miami along all those bridges that made True Lies such a hit.

Have you ever sailed at KWRW JS?

Great drive down from Miami along all those bridges that made True Lies such a hit.

No, I haven't. Only the Clipper Cup in Hawaii.

Ka bump. Paella was excellent on New Years Eve. Prawns and Oysters on NYD even better. Paradise is still going strong.

Have to agree with you wholeheartedly and fantastic fun watching kids teaching each other how to jump off yacht bows into water. Spook Island is fun.

Have you seen the total waste of competitors money on the Tulla FWY inbound? 3 lane overhead billboard inviting all to the FoS. As if the yachties didn't know what was happening on Australia Day?

With just over 2 weeks to go they must be shitting bricks down in G'Town.

Just slightly north of 180 entries to date with a mind blowing 15 entered in the Premier IRC event and a staggering 20 in the Performance series. Wow, thats gonna be hot racing :( Fortunately, no Bluebirds have entered their prestigious division so far. Or J24s. Or Super 30s. But there are 5 Sydney 38s.

So it won't be all bad.

From the NoR - if you can't pretend you're on a boat, then it's $5/day.

* Crew Entry – In addition to the Boat Entry registration details; for the purposes of safety, all participants (crew/skipper) are required to register their details with the event through the online system. This will allow for the Organising Authority to identify all participants in the regatta, to know the required contacts, next of kin and medical conditions for all participants (not just the yacht owner/skipper).

Each competing crew member will be issued a ‘Regatta Pass’ wristband. The Regatta Passes shall be worn at all times to access RGYC. Additional and replacement Passes are available to purchase online and during the event (‘Regatta Passes’- $20 and ‘Day Passes’ - $5).

The process for crew registration is as follows;

a) Prior to the start of the regatta, every boat shall provide the Organising Authority with details of all the crew to be racing on the boat, including their full names, contact details, email addresses, next of kin and medical forms. This shall be done online and can be completed either at the time of entry or at any time up to the start of the regatta.

B) Entrants are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the crew information provided to OA is accurate and up to date.

All under the well-worn guise of safety <_<

* Crew Entry – In addition to the Boat Entry registration details; for the purposes of safety, all participants (crew/skipper) are required to register their details with the event through the online system. This will allow for the Organising Authority to identify all participants in the regatta, to know the required contacts, next of kin and medical conditions for all participants (not just the yacht owner/skipper).

Each competing crew member will be issued a ‘Regatta Pass’ wristband. The Regatta Passes shall be worn at all times to access RGYC. Additional and replacement Passes are available to purchase online and during the event (‘Regatta Passes’- $20 and ‘Day Passes’ - $5).

a) Prior to the start of the regatta, every boat shall provide the Organising Authority with details of all the crew to be racing on the boat, including their full names, contact details, email addresses, next of kin and medical forms. This shall be done online and can be completed either at the time of entry or at any time up to the start of the regatta.

B) Entrants are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the crew information provided to OA is accurate and up to date.

That is going to do the regatta more harm than high entry fees.

Way over the top and certainly way to difficult for casual crew to just drop in for 1 race, let alone all supporters, wives, kids, girlfriends etc. Without all those people the bar trade will really suffer.

Way over the top and certainly way to difficult for casual crew to just drop in for 1 race, let alone all supporters, wives, kids, girlfriends etc. Without all those people the bar trade will really suffer.

They have done this for the last 5 years, but with id things around necks rather than wristbands. Basically, after a certain time you can't access the club without it (unless you want to pay). I think the cut-off is 6 or 7 pm, so there is no issue coming in to sail a race or do whatever during the day. It's more to stop huge crowds coming in for the party afterwards- not to stop people during the day come and look or race.

If this isn;t the case, and they have changed things, then I agree it is a big mistake.

They have done this for the last 5 years, but with id things around necks rather than wristbands. Basically, after a certain time you can't access the club without it (unless you want to pay). I think the cut-off is 6 or 7 pm, so there is no issue coming in to sail a race or do whatever during the day. It's more to stop huge crowds coming in for the party afterwards- not to stop people during the day come and look or race.

If this isn;t the case, and they have changed things, then I agree it is a big mistake.

The wrist bands or necklace passes have been the case for years - but this is the first i've seen requirements for next of kin & all that other detail.

If it's not required for a normal saturday club race, i don't see the need for it here.

Why the need for next of kin for all the crew !!!

Officialdom gone mad

It's so when you've drunk enough Beer & Bundy to sink a battle ship, your laying passed out on the lawn with the earlier pizza order which was inhaled in about 30 secs laying beside you in a slightly different form quietly steaming, and you've shit your pants they can call someone to come and collect you.

Why the need for next of kin for all the crew !!!

Officialdom gone mad

It's so when you've drunk enough Beer & Bundy to sink a battle ship, your laying passed out on the lawn with the earlier pizza order which was inhaled in about 30 secs laying beside you in a slightly different form quietly steaming, and you've shit your pants they can call someone to come and collect you.

You have no idea how true that is - except not on the lawn but the steps of the biggest bank in town at 0800 in the morning, fly undone, dick out, puddle around him. Wish I'd had my camera. Priceless!

Divisional splits are looking a little tough for the IRC / AMS Premier Racing division. Wadda ya think: Bold = Div A, Underline = Div B and then there's the rest?

Boat Name Sail Number Club Skipper

CALM SM5252 SYC / RBYC Jason Van Der Slot

executive decision r1121 royal yacht club of victoria grant botica

EXTASEA G4646R RGYC Paul Buchholz

GEORGIA 10000 RNZYS Jim Farmer

IKON H1010 Hobson Bay Yacht Club Bruce McCraken

Mistress B3607 Royal Brighton Yacht Club Peter Hook

REVERIE B26 RBYC Alan Woodward

SCARLET RUNNER SM11 Sandringham Yacht Club Robert Date

SCHUSS B63 RBYC Denis McConnell

SHOGUN V AUS280 RGYC/ RYCV Rob Hanna

STITCHED UP SM1347 SANDRINGHAM YACHT CLUB PETER JACKSON

SWORDFISH TROMBONE R336 RYCV Tim Olding

TERRA FIRMA SM24 Sandringham Yacht Club Nicholas Bartels

TWO TRUE YC400 CYCSA Andrew Saies

vivacite G5 RGYC Roger McLennan

WICKED SM4 Sandringham Yacht Club Mike Welsh

XLR8 Sm460 Sandringham Ray Shaw

The Beney 45's could almost run a Div for themselves or maybe just run a Beneteau division.

Mex

Divisional splits are looking a little tough for the IRC / AMS Premier Racing division. Wadda ya think: Bold = Div A, Underline = Div B and then there's the rest?

The Beney 45's could almost run a Div for themselves or maybe just run a Beneteau division.

Mex

The interstaters are clear not excited anymore.

Mex

The interstaters are clear not excited anymore.

It's a bit hard, for an interstate crew, to be excited over a regatta split over two weekends.

Mex

Fairly standard marketing ploy to build a comprehensive contact list for internal use, or more likely to sell to interested companies e.g. Helly Hanson, Musto, Harken etc.

Targeted lists are worth good money if they are proven accurate. This one would be.

Another reason to NOT OCCUPY Geelong.

It is starting to look like the morons running the FoS have sat down and worked out every conceivable way to screw that regatta up and are now passionately applying each and every one of them. I can just see the brains trust at work there: "Here's a good idea; let's price ourselves right out of the market and then alienate all the crews and families after scamming as much personal information out of them as we possibly can. That way if the regatta flops, at least we can sell some lists to recover some of the losses"

Yeah, that'll work a treat.

Entry numbers are predictably waaaaay down with bugger all interstate interest so the deadline for close of entry has been extended for another week. Has that EVER happened before in the history of the regatta under whatever sponsors they may have had?

Time to tighten the belt RGYC; you're in for a lean year.

Billy E Goat - we are talking about Marketing Exec's who would sell the TV rights to their mother's bowel operation for a moderate ammount of cash (which would possibly see them able to put some petrol in their Audi's) to allow them travel to their next victim's office where they have another chance to promise the world and delivery doom to some poor glueless suspect.

As for the privacy act - this would be laughed at by the marketers and given the old chestnut - "no this is the norm now - everybody does this a standard procudure when a company wants a customer list - honestly, nothing (for them) to worry about!!" " Now lets work on that fee we discussed!"

Your next word - Breach - the exec's just thought this was beach misspelled, as they were discussing yachting and after all is not this a sport that we all do at the beach?

Further into the downward spiral RGYC plummet!

Gold to Breeze!

Now to let you into the secret Doh1; even when I was as pissed as a parrot down at RGYC, I had the good sense never to stick my little dick into a Geelong girl.

...Sounds like your Dad should have taken the same advice.

To put that another way, so you know exactly why I, and many others are terminally upset with you brain dead Geelong cretins; You took an event that had a unique place in Port Phillip history and fucked it totally, and we are ALL the poorer for your stupidity.

What the Port Phillip clubs need to do now is write off the Geelong Advertiser trophy and start another event, in another location, and without the bullshit, on the same weekend.

Undoubtedly a bloody good idea with considerable merit but I seriously doubt that any Melbourne yacht club would have the cojones to do that to RGYC.

YV would crucify them.

Seems like one club actually has the cojones.

For the first time in my living memory the Sailing Committee at SYC have announced a "Round the Stix" race on the Saturday starting at 12.30pm (followed by a BBQ) and have issued a serperate NOR.

It's a bit hard, for an interstate crew, to be excited over a regatta split over two weekends.

Mex

Yep, that killed it for us (Syd boat). Had a good time last year - though Mel-Geelong moving crew and d gear logistics was painful. 3-4 days of racing down there over Aus day and the weekend would have worked well for the crew and the boat - like most of the Sydney IRC fleet en route from Hobart to Sydney. Getting the crew down twice in 10 days, shuffling the boat around and so on - too hard, too time consuming and too expensive. Positive feedback has been passed on. From a 'virgins' perspective, we had a good time last year, shame to miss out this year.

Personally I think that having to provide intimate medical details for myself and all my crew for a sheltered waters sports boat regatta is pushing it too far. We were entered, now not, though it was transport issues that killed it really. Frankly, driving 3500 km from Tas to Airlie was better value and fun all round than Geelong. Agreed, they've overplayed the wank factor as RYCT did with Sailing South which died essentially still born.

Mex

Yep, that killed it for us (Syd boat). Had a good time last year - though Mel-Geelong moving crew and d gear logistics was painful. 3-4 days of racing down there over Aus day and the weekend would have worked well for the crew and the boat - like most of the Sydney IRC fleet en route from Hobart to Sydney. Getting the crew down twice in 10 days, shuffling the boat around and so on - too hard, too time consuming and too expensive. Positive feedback has been passed on. From a 'virgins' perspective, we had a good time last year, shame to miss out this year.

They must be reading this thread regularly..................some more changes.

Royal Geelong Yacht Club is pleased to announce that thanks to the sponsorship of Virgin Garden Organic Tea, the Melbourne racing of the Premier Racing Series will be now run as a stand alone 2-day Invitational Regatta*, with the winners of both Divisions A and B receiving a fantastic holiday prize to the Gold Coast.

All entrants in the Festival of Sails Premier Racing Series are invited to compete in the stand alone 2-day racing program, being run out of the Royal Yacht Club of Victoria.

The prize for the winner of both divisions of the Premier Racing Invitational will be return flights* and accommodation for two people in a luxury Broadbeach Apartment for four nights.

by Jav Greaves

Mex

Royal Geelong Yacht Club is pleased to announce that thanks to the sponsorship of Virgin Garden Organic Tea, the Melbourne racing of the Premier Racing Series will be now run as a stand alone 2-day Invitational Regatta*, with the winners of both Divisions A and B receiving a fantastic holiday prize to the Gold Coast.

All entrants in the Festival of Sails Premier Racing Series are invited to compete in the stand alone 2-day racing program, being run out of the Royal Yacht Club of Victoria.

The prize for the winner of both divisions of the Premier Racing Invitational will be return flights* and accommodation for two people in a luxury Broadbeach Apartment for four nights.

by Jav Greaves

Second prize is eight nights?

Mex

by Jav Greaves

It hasn't taken very many years for this regatta to decline from being sponsored by a Rum company to being sponsored by a Tea company. What's next; no sailing on Sundays? :P

Mex

by Jav Greaves

It hasn't taken very many years for this regatta to decline from being sponsored by a Rum company to being sponsored by a Tea company. What's next; no sailing on Sundays? :P

So they are running a two day Invitational Regatta. So what - who are they planning on inviting? How many boats from the usual suspects who inhabit div 2 & div 3 & trailer sailers etc? Like this makes the slightest bit of difference to 99% of the average punters. Whoever advised them on this one should be sacked - its just more of the same marginalising of the rest of us - exactly the approach that landed them into this mess in the first place. They may be reading this thread, but they're not listening - they're reacting. Problem is they're jumping the wrong way. People are not entering by the hundreds, not because the event is not prestigious enough for them, but because they (we) feel excluded from this type of format. In fact we don't just feel excluded, we are explicity excluded - its invitation only for goodness sake!!. And besides, as if there is a shortage of high profile invitation only events around the place.

So they are running a two day Invitational Regatta. So what - who are they planning on inviting? How many boats from the usual suspects who inhabit div 2 & div 3 & trailer sailers etc? Like this makes the slightest bit of difference to 99% of the average punters. Whoever advised them on this one should be sacked - its just more of the same marginalising of the rest of us - exactly the approach that landed them into this mess in the first place. They may be reading this thread, but they're not listening - they're reacting. Problem is they're jumping the wrong way. People are not entering by the hundreds, not because the event is not prestigious enough for them, but because they (we) feel excluded from this type of format. In fact we don't just feel excluded, we are explicity excluded - its invitation only for goodness sake!!. And besides, as if there is a shortage of high profile invitation only events around the place.

Consider yourself invited.

post-51853-080846100 1326792603_thumb.jpg

NOR-Australia-Day-2012-Rev-0.pdf

316 entries isn't too bad all things considered.

Deduct the Cadet dinghies (who don't pay to race) and you have less than 300 paid entries for a regatta that drew at least twice that in its heyday. Entries are down more than 30% on last year and by any measure that represents an abject failure despite the journalistic spin to the contrary.

As always, it will be interesting to see how many actually participate in all the races they have been required/forced to enter.

Many will have paid for their particular series but will only do the passage race. Check the result sheets after the regatta - lots of DNCs!

I really hope those who participate enjoy their regatta for the sailing and the post and pre-race cameraderie which is what it always used to be about. Value for money? Forget it.

Looking at the results for the Premier Racing "Invitational" seems that there were effectivly five boats racing in Div A & eight in Div B.

Is it cost effective to run such a high? profile event for so few boats?

Maybe the 38's made the difference.

Looking at the results for the Premier Racing "Invitational" seems that there were effectivly five boats racing in Div A & eight in Div B.

Is it cost effective to run such a high? profile event for so few boats?

Maybe the 38's made the difference.

Adams 10 (Executive Decision) won all 6 races in IRC and AMS, easily.

Not much point buying new boats.

For all the doubters, naysayers and whingers, it was still a great weekend of sailing. Sweet shot of us cruising at 19 knots on the Terra Firma on Day 2 of the FoS.

Fantastic shot.

Not arguing the sailing, but a maximum of 5 yachts on the line in Div A?

No different to the Range Div 0 race numbers?

For all the doubters, naysayers and whingers, it was still a great weekend of sailing. Sweet shot of us cruising at 19 knots on the Terra Firma on Day 2 of the FoS.

Fantastic shot.

You can add Living Doll, Georgia and Optimus Prime to the list for Geelong.

The new Shogun will be hard to beat. She's an absolute weapon.

Here's hoping for a bit of light weather.

Mex

Fantastic shot.

You can add Living Doll, Georgia and Optimus Prime to the list for Geelong.

The new Shogun will be hard to beat. She's an absolute weapon.

Here's hoping for a bit of light weather.

Mex

Pity Hooligan won't tbe there.

I know everyone has been talking about the poor turn out in numbers for the FoS with special focus on the numbers and quality of the IRC fleet, but looking at other like events in Australia recently and I don't think the trend is only related to the FoS:

FoS IRC Div A

CALM

GEORGIA

LIVING DOLL

OPTIMUS PRIME

SCARLET RUNNER

SHOGUN V

TERRA FIRMA

XLR8

Rolex Trophy (Rating Series) Div 0/1

Hooligan

Loki

Living Doll

Shogun V

Terra Firma

Rolex Trophy (Passage Series) Div 1

CALM

VAMP

RAGAMUFFIN

CELESTIAL

PRETTY FLY 3

Sydney Short Offshore Series (MHYC) IRC

GINGER

HOOLIGAN

LOKI

TERRA FIRMA

Mex

Wow, an average of around five boats.

This Grand Prix thing is really going places at the highest levels.

Do you think that the the entry fees are covering the costs of running these events?

If not, and perhaps for the FOS, the cruising people (and the lower divisions with reasonable number of entries) may actually be making Premier Racing possible.

Who pays for the measuring, and remeasuring, and remeasuring ad nauseam, of the Adams 10 that continues to smoke the fleet for at least the Fifth year in succession?

Face it guys, this boat is perfect for Port Phillip, Lake Macquarie, the Solent and a host of other places. Someone should run a research project about what unique characteristics of this design make it so good.

My guess is that the polar is almost circular.

Who pays for the measuring, and remeasuring, and remeasuring ad nauseam, of the Adams 10 that continues to smoke the fleet for at least the Fifth year in succession?

Face it guys, this boat is perfect for Port Phillip, Lake Macquarie, the Solent and a host of other places. Someone should run a research project about what unique characteristics of this design make it so good.

As far as I am aware the boat has never been "re-measured". Each time that a new sail is bought it needs to be measured, that's the way the rules work. That is not re-measuring the boat. The only circular polar that I know of is your life cycle Geoffrey. Home to yacht club bar to Sangam Tandoori to home. Do you have target speeds for your walk home?

The Executive Decision guys are worthy adversaries but don't give me that bullshit about them winning everythimg. Take a look at Lipton Cup and IRC State championnship results and their winning record is nothing to write home about.

As far as I am aware the boat has never been "re-measured". Each time that a new sail is bought it needs to be measured, that's the way the rules work. That is not re-measuring the boat. The only circular polar that I know of is your life cycle Geoffrey. Home to yacht club bar to Sangam Tandoori to home. Do you have target speeds for your walk home?

The Executive Decision guys are worthy adversaries but don't give me that bullshit about them winning everythimg. Take a look at Lipton Cup and IRC State championnship results and their winning record is nothing to write home about.

I don't think he said everything, just consistently a whole lot more than anyone else at Royals (or any other clubs on Port Phillip for that matter) and doing it right now.

Sandringham had a great little "Round the Stix" race today that attracted aoround 23 boats from three clubs.

Very pleasant sailing on a good fixed coarse that took the first boat around 100 minutes and followed by a BBQ on the deck of the club for those that hung around.

Great to see 9 boats from Hobsons Bay come over and join in and we hope they all had a good time.

Perhaps the event needs to be expanded next year for those not inclined to sail to Geelong.

Anyone know why Shamrock played pussy and hid in AMS?

Shamrock's AMS rating is more competitive than her IRC rating (see XLR8)

I think it was a smart move, she was never going to get a look in under IRC, she now has a 2nd in division which looks much better on the "For Sale" CV.

Andy Keep different skipper than Tony D, Has she been sold? just getting used to the yacht?

Anyone know why Shamrock played pussy and hid in AMS?

Shamrock's AMS rating is more competitive than her IRC rating (see XLR8)

I think it was a smart move, she was never going to get a look in under IRC, she now has a 2nd in division which looks much better on the "For Sale" CV.

Festival of Sails

Premier Division

Div A IRC 8 boats AMS 0 boats - Div B IRC 9 boats, AMS 7 boats. Total competitors 17 boats

Performance Division

Div 1 AMS 12 boats, performance 14 boats - Div 2 AMS 16 boats, performance 16 boats - Div 3 AMS 11 boats, performance 13 boats. Total competitors 43 boats

So guess where the other entered 240 boats were???