Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Reid's View:

After a long rough haul and a lot of seasickness, Soanya and I have decided that the best thing for her is to go back to land.

Didn't think we would see the day. Congrats, Soy, for escaping the perv and living to tell about it. Seriously.

To all in Australia, apologies in advance if Weed crashes on your shores...and opens an art gallery or music studio. :)

2281206797_79a388d264.jpg

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

For anyone who has spent extended periods of time sailing short-handed, you know there are psychological effects in the return to civilization. For example, FJ needed time to himself before greeting well-wishers after IDEC smashed the solo RTW record.

Any crew person who set sail on SchoonerAnne already had a few marbles missing to start with. It's fair to assume that after 300 days at sea that same crewperson has probably lost even more marbles including a shooter or two.

Is there a qualified medical professional onboard the recovery vessel who can attend to all of the departing crewperson's needs, including psych support? I think it would be particularly uncool if a SchoonerAnne crewperson-in-distress was assaulted by well-intentioned idiots who were more interested in a scoop than the person's well-being.

For anyone who has spent extended periods of time sailing short-handed, you know there are psychological effects in the return to civilization. For example, FJ needed time to himself before greeting well-wishers after IDEC smashed the solo RTW record.

Any crew person who set sail on SchoonerAnne already had a few marbles missing to start with. It's fair to assume that after 300 days at sea that same crewperson has probably lost even more marbles including a shooter or two.

Is there a qualified medical professional onboard the recovery vessel who can attend to all of the departing crewperson's needs, including psych support? I think it would particularly uncool if a SchoonerAnne crewperson-in-distress was assaulted by well-intentioned idiots who were more interested in a scoop than the person's well-being.

Well put, B2S. Thank you so much for your tracking reports that made this "mission" infinitely more interesting to follow.

Is there a qualified medical professional onboard the recovery vessel who can attend to all of the departing crewperson's needs, including psych support? I think it would be particularly uncool if a SchoonerAnne crewperson-in-distress was assaulted by well-intentioned idiots who were more interested in a scoop than the person's well-being.

From the crew list I've been given, no there's not. The crew going out to pick her up are local sailors who have no real interest beyond sailor in trouble bail them out.

See my previous post, if Soanya doesn't want to talk then I'm walking away; to be honest this isn't something WA sailing is really that interested in beyond a byline so I've got no real interest beyond curiosity. Im very aware of this aspect of things.

See my previous post, if Soanya doesn't want to talk then I'm walking away; to be honest this isn't something WA sailing is really that interested in beyond a byline so I've got no real interest beyond curiosity. Im very aware of this aspect of things.

Can't blame you, as it is quite pathetic that this poor woman got taken in by the sociopath, Reidtard...

I too agree with Born2Sail. I would think the guys picking her up would treat her with the care and compassion she deserves.

Now that it is just Reid Squawk and Ivy, I imagine his posts are going to go farther off the deep end. I think that half-his-age Soanya was keeping Reid somewhat planted. He's likely to go way off the deep end, maybe even go the way of Tom Hanks in Cast Away where Squawk is the volley ball.

Glad she's safe and hope she can decompress for a bit before she finds out the whole world was not watching, the cruise actually had detractors and that Reid is an ex con.

BTW - While Reid's story told by Reid would be a total nap, Soanya's book on Reid and her time with him could make a ton of cash. Oprah would eat that shit up!

BTW - While Reid's story told by Reid would be a total nap, Soanya's book on Reid and her time with him could make a ton of cash. Oprah would eat that shit up!

Would be cool if she were to cash in big, while reidtard fails....

I too agree with Born2Sail. I would think the guys picking her up would treat her with the care and compassion she deserves.

Now that it is just Reid Squawk and Ivy, I imagine his posts are going to go farther off the deep end. I think that half-his-age Soanya was keeping Reid somewhat planted. He's likely to go way off the deep end, maybe even go the way of Tom Hanks in Cast Away where Squawk is the volley ball.

Glad she's safe and hope she can decompress for a bit before she finds out the whole world was not watching, the cruise actually had detractors and that Reid is an ex con.

Ironic, isn't it that Soanya is possibly poised to ca$h in on this, while Reid (who desperately craves the attention) is reduced to being merely a footnote...

We'll know if Weid is losing touch if he renames Squawk... Wilson!

:P

(EDIT)- Nicely done JP! :D

(EDIT 2)- I'm thinking, instead of Oprah, Dr. Phil might be the better choice. Soanya's going to need some SERIOUS counselling.

I wonder if Reid was forced into this... I can see her wanting to bail and not being able to convince him so she had to secretly call mom and dad to arrange things with some legal force. I hope I am wrong and that Reid did kind of the right thing.

That would $ure add $ome $pice to the $tory!

Well, we knew she was teaching him her jobs. I figured it was pretty much over when she grunted and refused to come to the phone during that January sat-call to the Planetarium. She just had to wait for them to reach friendly territory.

I'm thinking, instead of Oprah, Dr. Phil might be the better choice. Soanya's going to need some SERIOUS counselling.

Yeah, after the way he fumbled that Britney intervention, this could be a big ratings-booster

Edit: Then... Phil will want to milk it with an innerview with ED and a certain Boston Terrier :lol:

All those years (decades in fact) of planning ... all those volunteers, followers, fellow adventurers and friends at MC and elsewhere ... that voyage in 2001 to find Argonauts - from Bermuda to Trinidad - to take part in this voyage ... and the only crew that Reid could come up with for this was a naive, inexperienced 23 year old? What's wrong with this picture? Those jerks at MC who are so quick to call us haters didn't have the gumption of a girl? Maybe that's because they all know/knew the truth but they let a woman-child go in their place. Everyone is lucky that she's alive and well. I think she put her foot down and told Reid on no uncertain terms that it was over for her. She threw her lifeline out to her parents and they are the ones who are making sure she gets home from Australia. I doubt very much she'll spend much time at all in OZ - if I were Soanya all I'd want is to get home, sleep in a clean warm bed and eat some of my mama's cooking and forget this huge mistake. She doesn't look like a heroine or an adventurer, she looks kinda stupid.

I don't know if anyone else saw this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070422/ap_on_.../longest_cruise

Apparently all you need to sail around the world is (1) a life raft donated by your ex-wife and (2) a tiny girlfriend who is going to freak the fuck out as soon as the north atlantic starts and the hudson ends.

Good scam tho'. They did get the shits donated, and can just roll to the islands and fake the logs for the trip...

Apparently, Reid Stowe has lost his Mate. She's due to go ashore in SW Australia as soon as they can rendevous with a sailboat after the gales pass. Who's the pool winner??

And now for something completely different.

I've entered "shreidded" into the Urban Dictionary.

1. shreidded

Repeated ripping or tearing of a sail because of neglect.

Example- "Because the sail had not been covered to protect it from the sun's rays for an extended period of time, the wind shreidded it mercilessly."

If y'all would be so kind as to "thumbs-up" when you get a chance, it'd be appreciated!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shreidded

What a soap opera this whole thread is --I love it.

All of these people speculating on the extent to which Soanya has been brainwashed by a sociopath. Wishing Reid well as he continues his voyage solo for another 690+ days...or wishing him the worst and that his "pos" sinks...assurances that he will "hide out" in the Pacific/Polynesia...implicating Jon Sanders with "endorsing" the 1000 Days voyage b/c he's going out to pick up someone who is evidently sea sick and unable to continue on the bizarre voyage...speculation that Soanya went on the voyage to get rich and famous (famous? WTF?)...etc. etc. etc.

It truly is a Sailing Anarchy Soap Opera par excellence!

Apparently, Reid Stowe has lost his Mate. She's due to go ashore in SW Australia as soon as they can rendevous with a sailboat after the gales pass. Who's the pool winner??

Soanya... she's going to live and be able to tell about it.

Will it be a tearful goodbye scene at the rail or head down fast exit from hell ? stay tuned for the next exciting episod

Either way should tell the tale

Hey Ed,

Will you guys do a story on this for the mainpage of SA? I.e., the abduction of Soanya by (Earth) aliens from the mother ship Schooner Anne. Just think of the possibilities...

its tough being a hovian these days when you're not 'zen enough':

http://frogma.blogspot.com/

Hypocrite? I guess so mebbe!

So here's another funny one for the day.

I finally came right out and used the phrase "a little on the woo-woo side" to describe certain moments on the 1000 Days at Sea site. Yes. Me. Former fellow barge-denizen of Reid's at Pier 63. Horrid.

Right there in their own comments, even.

And now I'm toddling off home with the full intent of writing a post that is going to involve applying heavy-handed personal symbolic meaning to the beautiful sparkling silver bubble rings blown by happy gentle graceful dolphins.

Oh well. I don't recall ever actually claiming to NOT be a backstabbing hypocrite. So I guess that's OK.

Terrific... the return of a tdBF.

Congratulations fucktard, my first <IGGY>

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: convoluted_brezzze.

· View this post

· Un-ignore convoluted_brezzze

Oh, and for good measure... Fuck off.

(Damn, that felt GOOD!)

:D

big font blah here

Welcome back tdBF#2. I've been waiting for you, although I thought we would hear from FnH first. I have a couple questions to ask if you don't mind.

When did they choose Australia? It obviously wasn't at Christmas time because even a couple days ago, they appeared to be trying to avoid the place.

How is the old sail holding up?

Are Soanya's parents involved/aware of what is happening?

How does Reid plan on accomplishing all that needs to be done and still report back in order to keep getting money?

Did Reid learn enough about the communications to keep us updated?

How is squawk holding up?

Oh - by the way - I guarantee Sailflat is anything but disappointed! Surely anyone who would call for a rescue actually cares about the safety and health of people. That brings me to my most important question.

I'll even ask it in a way you can understand.

Why did you guys let her go out to sea for 3 years without even attempting to find out if she would get seasick? Even Reid did a 200 day test prior to the big adventure.

I finally came right out and used the phrase "a little on the woo-woo side" to describe certain moments on the 1000 Days at Sea site. Yes. Me. Former fellow barge-denizen of Reid's at Pier 63. Horrid.

And now I'm toddling off home with the full intent of writing a post that is going to involve applying heavy-handed personal symbolic meaning to the beautiful sparkling silver bubble rings blown by happy gentle graceful dolphins.

Oh well. I don't recall ever actually claiming to NOT be a backstabbing hypocrite. So I guess that's OK.

SUYT - it'll all be OK.

Glad she's got away from there.

I suspect now with reid all by himself, we will see stories of more heroics and grandeur much more embellished than before, as there will be no one left to corroborate the stories.

What might we be in for? more ship collisions? Fighting off pirates? Giant Squid? Whales? Surviving a perfect storm?

The official blog entry sounds a bit too "sterilized" and I kinda hope she gives more of the "real" story when shes gets back to the internet.

I suspect now with reid all by himself, we will see stories of more heroics and grandeur much more embellished than before, as there will be no one left to corroborate the stories.

What might we be in for? more ship collisions? Fighting off pirates? Giant Squid? Whales? Surviving a perfect storm?

The official blog entry sounds a bit too "sterilized" and I kinda hope she gives more of the "real" story when shes gets back to the internet.

"The internet? Is that thing still around?"- Homer Simpson.

I'm more than a little confused about this, and don't know more of the laws of OZ except what we've been told about from our recent discussions. I'm guessing that Soanya is being taken ashore by sailors vs the Coast Guard or SAR because that way nobody has to board the Anne and find out all that is wrong with it. I don't understand why the authorities don't make Reid bring her in himself.

Reid: Hello, authorities? I have a sick woman on board who needs immediate medical aid.

SAR: What's your position, Reid? Do you need immediate assistance or can you bring her in?

Reid: Well, it's not life threatening but I can't bring her in because I can't see anyone, get assistance, or see land for 1000 days

SAR: Huh?

Reid: I'm on a Mars analagous misison to spend 1000 days at sea without seeing land, having contact with people or outside assistance so I can''t get any closer because i can see you

SAR: Er, OK, but is she sick?

Reid: Um, a little. Seasick. Um, sick of me.

SAR: Well, if we come out we have to board you.

Reid: Nonononononononono! I'll put her in the raft and you come get her.

SAR: There's a gale out there.

Reid: Crap, and the raft's ripped!

SAR: You can call the local yacht club and they'll send a sailor.

None of this is kosher. How did a sailor get contacted and not the authorities? Why didn't he drop her in Cape Town SA back in December? Since she was the one trained to maintain the batteries, solar panels, computer and other electronics, I'm guessing it took him this long to learn.

She has to get ALL her shit off the boat because she's never going to see it again. Customs will have to be there to greet her on land and go through all her belongings. She's probably yo-yoing between being ecstatic to get on land again (wait til she tries to walk!) and being sad at leaving him. If she's in love with him, she better say Sayonara, baby! He's an ass for deserting her like this. It's all about Reid, always has been and always will be. Now that she's off, I hope he sinks!

Welcome back tdBF#2. I've been waiting for you, although I thought we would hear from FnH first. I have a couple questions to ask if you don't mind.

When did they choose Australia? It obviously wasn't at Christmas time because even a couple days ago, they appeared to be trying to avoid the place.

How is the old sail holding up?

Are Soanya's parents involved/aware of what is happening?

How does Reid plan on accomplishing all that needs to be done and still report back in order to keep getting money?

Did Reid learn enough about the communications to keep us updated?

How is squawk holding up?

Oh - by the way - I guarantee Sailflat is anything but disappointed! Surely anyone who would call for a rescue actually cares about the safety and health of people. That brings me to my most important question.

I'll even ask it in a way you can understand.

Why did you guys let her go out to sea for 3 years without even attempting to find out if she would get seasick? Even Reid did a 200 day test prior to the big adventure.

Someone please update me (or SeaMadness?) Is Sailflat or Convoluted Breeze (sp?) part of MC and the Hovians? By what you wrote, "Why did you guys let her go out to sea for 3 years, etc.", it sounds like it. Sorry, I haven't followed this thread closely enough...and it's like 10,000 posts long by now, so I hope you'll understand :lol: Does MC and the Hovians have "spies" here watching the goings on and injecting their spin on things?

Reid's ego is obviously bigger than his "love". Will be interesting to see how this gets spun on the website by MC. So he's now had assistance and been in sight of land - what will the goal be now - a 695 day solo space analogous mission? .....

Of course he's Solo, but he's not alone.......

2281519271_50c9f5798d_o.jpg

At least they didn't hit that huge Austaroid!

She has to get ALL her shit off the boat because she's never going to see it again. Customs will have to be there to greet her on land and go through all her belongings. She's probably yo-yoing between being ecstatic to get on land again (wait til she tries to walk!) and being sad at leaving him. If she's in love with him, she better say Sayonara, baby! He's an ass for deserting her like this. It's all about Reid, always has been and always will be. Now that she's off, I hope he sinks!

It actually gives him a heroic ending. Reid leaves her so he can finish the mission. The boat, as he knows, cannot survive the remaining time. Before he gets beyond the eastern border of Australia, he announces he loves her too much to finish his life long goal. They are reunited in front of news cameras across the world.

Exactly, but worst of all, what's a cult-leader to do with no audience? Without Soanya, very few (even at MC, I suspect) will really care about his overblown tales of the sailorman and the sea.

Pipsqueak: I gotta tell you ~ on the first pass, I did not catch that you were quoting this "Frogma" person. But it didn't "sound" like you, so I chased the link you gave, and then the link within Frogma's blog. I thought it was YOU having the "un-zen-like" moment lol.

Glug or remmie or whoever is going to collect her, PLEASE get pictures of the sails. We want to see if he already had someone rendezvous with him to bring him new ones! Thanks! And treat Soyana with kid gloves! She probably has to go to the hospital!

Someone please update me (or SeaMadness?) Is Sailflat or Convoluted Breeze (sp?) part of MC and the Hovians? By what you wrote, "Why did you guys let her go out to sea for 3 years, etc.", it sounds like it. Sorry, I haven't followed this thread closely enough...and it's like 10,000 posts long by now, so I hope you'll understand :lol: Does MC and the Hovians have "spies" here watching the goings on and injecting their spin on things?

They absolutely have spies here. Not conspiracy theory either. I hadn't posted this before because I though it might come in useful (I did tell JP and cannot remember if I told SF), but when they stopped communication in Dec., I emailed them with my concern. I left a phone number and eventually got a call back from Joe at MC. He was well up to date on this thread and on SF. There was much anger directed toward SF.

As for CB (tiny dick BIG FONT), he has only ever posted in threads that allow him to attack SF. Most definitely a Hovian and has only appeared on the scene around "important" issues.

SF appears to be a good guy based on emails and posts in other topics unrelated to this. He got passionate about their safety a couple times, posted the 1000 D of H site, and has been absent lately here. Probably bored or given up.

Sailflat's a Hovian's nightmare. He called for a SAR off Africa when the Anne went without communicating for a number of days and also stirred the shit pot about the bow sprit. Hovian's hate Sailflat.

Convoluted Breezzze is a Hovian, and a cunt.

Sorry if I am being slow today - I just caught which Jon is going out to help rescue Soanya! It is THE Jon Sanders that holds the only record Reid can now break! Shame on me for missing that one. Good for him though - he is probably a good person to relate to Soanya about coming back to the world.

Heh heh - wouldn't it be funny if he secretly snuck something on Anne, and then when Reid claims to have broken the record, say, "What is this? When did you get this?"

Convoluted breeze is an asshole who we all put on <ignore> a long time ago, and is a hovian and is probably part of MC. Sailflat is one of the original one's of us and is absolutely not a hovian. When all contact with the Anne stopped for 12 days below South Africa, Sailflat called a SAR team to ask them some questions about procedures, etc. CB and many others got all over his case for calling out an SAR, which he did not do. He called authorities to find out procedures. Interestingly, when Reid finally resurfaced, they just claimed something was wrong with the Metocean unit, but all was fine with them and, oh, by the way, we found pumpkin seeds! (Pumpkin seeds are a staple in South Africa!)

So Breeze is just that...a big fucking breeze out of my (_O_) and Sailflat is the creator of 1000days of hell and has dug up more dirt on Reid than most of us!

They absolutely have spies here. Not conspiracy theory either. I hadn't posted this before because I though it might come in useful (I did tell JP and cannot remember if I told SF), but when they stopped communication in Dec., I emailed them with my concern. I left a phone number and eventually got a call back from Joe at MC. He was well up to date on this thread and on SF. There was much anger directed toward SF.

As for CB (tiny dick BIG FONT), he has only ever posted in threads that allow him to attack SF. Most definitely a Hovian and has only appeared on the scene around "important" issues.

SF appears to be a good guy based on emails and posts in other topics unrelated to this. He got passionate about their safety a couple times, posted the 1000 D of H site, and has been absent lately here. Probably bored or given up.

Thanks for filling me in. Weird shit, to be sure. When one takes a look at Reid's website, it's clear that there is a big effort behind this fucking voyage. For example, the 1000 Days "Store (link)", selling Reid and Soanya boxer shorts, beer steins, keepsake boxes, note cards, magnets, t-shirts...WTF? (Can't make shit like that up!!)

Anyone know or have a guess at how many people are running "Mission Control"? Who are these people he has running his "shore operation"? Downloading the pictures, maintaining the website, taking orders from the online store (yeah, right!!), etc. What's involved in running a site like that, cranking out press releases, linking up to audio interviews and then broadcasting them, etc.? Just trying to get an idea of what size group of brainwashed folks he might have running his shore ops. I still can't get over the on line Store. What a bunch of crap...a Reid and Soanya "Keepsake Box"!! LOL!

You just cannot make shit like this up...Reid and Soanya beer stein...I'm sure it's all news to you vets of this thread, but I'm laughing my ass off right now. Someone in Perth, Western Australia...PLEASE BUY THIS GIRL A BEER OR THREE WHEN YOU GET HER BACK TO PERTH...I wanna hear her stories, and this is surefire way of getting her talking!

post-11970-1203620667_thumb.jpg

Sailflat's a Hovian's nightmare. He called for a SAR off Africa when the Anne went without communicating for a number of days and also stirred the shit pot about the bow sprit. Hovian's hate Sailflat.

Convoluted Breezzze is a Hovian, and a cunt.

Thanks, Regatta Daog --crystal clear now.

Pipsqueak: I gotta tell you ~ on the first pass, I did not catch that you were quoting this "Frogma" person. But it didn't "sound" like you, so I chased the link you gave, and then the link within Frogma's blog. I thought it was YOU having the "un-zen-like" moment lol.

no worries, today is a day of celebration!

i want to see a photo of soanya kissing the ground!

just an example that the mc 'circle of friends' is crumbling..and if the little word 'woowoo' is considered such an intolerable dissension, then they are damn tough on each other! it is like a cult; disobediance not allowed..

Damn you all!

Since checking in last night I see over 150 new posts! post-22200-1203620317.gif I once had a life.

It's just Soysauce abandoning ship. It's not like we did not see it coming. Is anybody surprised?

Right, not surprised and you saw it coming!!! Next you'll tell us they really did hit that container ship :lol:

edit> I think everyone is typing with smiles and relief today! We hoped it would happen, but were never sure it would.

edit 2> anyone seen robin lately? He is one who will be happy to see her off the bondo bobber.

Damn you all!

Since checking in last night I see over 150 new posts! post-22200-1203620317.gif I once had a life.

It's just Soysauce abandoning ship. It's not like we did not see it coming. Is anybody surprised?

I'm surprised, I thought she had left the boat long ago, so suprised that maybe Elvis is on board as well !!

Wow, good developments! I am happy that Soanya decided enough is enough.

BTW I have doubted for a long time whether they were actually where they claim to be. This is the first time I fully believe that we are not looking at a virtual journey. And in fact I am truly astonished the boat made it all the way to Australia. I was certain it would break and or sink. What do you know. Even a bondo-boat can float around for a long time.

I've followed this and the 1000 days at sea threads since their start. I've stated previously that i was involved personally in at least 25 SAR's. I didn't state how i was involved and since i started posting and bashing sailflat with bold and oversized reports, most have determined that i have to be a hovian or a major part of mission control. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

For many years, i was knee deep in the commercial maritime insurance claims. Take a few of the injuries with which i became involved with, arms torn off by machinery, eye's put out, hands cut off, death at sea by natural causes, ships lost at sea, crewmembers lost at sea, crewmembers murdered by another crewmember, head injuries, this is just the beginning. Rest assured, each one of these major injuries require an SAR. And with each SAR and injury, I received the USCG's report on each via the freedom of information act.

Now, after stating these events with which i was personally involved in, and knowing first hand how the USCG reacts to such events, this is why i find that sailflats intentions and acts are to say the very least entertaining. I know first hand in calling the USCG about a SAR for an injured crewmember how they react, the questions they ask and the qualifications of the caller that they are dealing with. SAR's are not started or conducted just cause some flakey idiot has determined through some internet sluething that a "potential person on board a boat (we're following this on the internet) has a potential problem". Oh how i wished that i were a fly on the wall when the South African SAR unit took that phone call from sailflat.

To further shoot down you dumbasses who think i'm a hovian or a part of mission control, i live in texas now, but should you have any questions about true SARs feel free to ask me your questions. I chose not to take a lead in this thread and posted using flamatory methods just to stick the needle in sailflat and all of you sanctimoniuos assholes (you know who you are, i do not desire to name each one of you)

4 am in Perth right now, so patience is likely required.

Although it seems you can see what looks like Scorpio rising (or maybe setting?) on the Perth webcam: http://www.citysurf.asn.au/webcam/

So, the scow is floating away from the coast... maybe they had a rendezvous during the night, but more likely they are making a circle, waiting for the right moment:

Statistical bullshit:

The creation of this thread thread has consumed productivity equivalent to an entire lifetime....

Wait a minute...I never claimed to be a productively working American. Seriously, you Yanks work WAY too much! :lol:

Read this, "Quitting The Paint Factory (link)," a good essay on the virtues of idleness. It might change your life and priorities.

A rendezvous at sea can be a real challenge when the sea-state is like a washing machine, the wind is blowing like stink, the vessels are much different in size and when one or both skippers are not experienced in such an activity. And that's just the part about getting two boats close to one another in ruff conditions. Now add the challenge of transferring crew from one vessel to another and you have the makings for a real adventure or a real disaster.

On top of that, who authorized this mission of removing a foreign national from a vessel at sea? Seems as though the liability issues involved would preclude anything but an official Navy or similar vessel from doing the work.

So lets assume that the skipper of Schooner Anne has no experience transferring a crew person on the high seas and lets assume the skipper of the rescue vessel has tons of experience. Isn't it reasonable to assume that there would be a point in Schooner Anne's track where the plots would be gathered together for a time which would indicate the place and time when two vessels met to transfer crew from one boat to the other?

That sort event hasn't been recorded yet. So the question is did the crewperson simply jump in the water so the rescue boat could pluck her out of the drink?

post-200-1203623315_thumb.jpg

A rendezvous at sea can be a real challenge when the sea-state is like a washing machine, the wind is blowing like stink, the vessels are much different in size and when one or both skippers are not experienced in such an activity. And that's just the part about getting two boats close to one another in ruff conditions. Now add the challenge of transferring crew from one vessel to another and you have the makings for a real adventure or a real disaster.

On top of that, who authorized this mission of removing a foreign national from a vessel at sea? Seems as though the liability issues involved would preclude anything but an official Navy or similar vessel from doing the work.

So lets assume that the skipper of Schooner Anne has no experience transferring a crew person on the high seas and lets assume the skipper of the rescue vessel has tons of experience. Isn't it reasonable to assume that there would be a point in Schooner Anne's track where the plots would be gathered together for a time which would indicate the place and time when two vessels met to transfer crew from one boat to the other?

That sort event hasn't been recorded yet. So the question is did the crewperson simply jump in the water so the rescue boat could pluck her out of the drink?

post-19371-1203623739_thumb.jpg

Kind of looks like where Weid shut off the engine and entered drifting mode. Would the current winds produce this plot?

51 User(s) are reading this topic (14 Guests and 5 Anonymous Users)

32 Members: Gouvernail, swan70, michaelp, oldgoatroper, Sparky, rexdenton, Tysk, born2sail, LookingForCruiser, snowinstrctrguy, Burnsy, US42738, LMSailor, kent_island_sailor, CruiserJim, WhiteLightnin', familysailor, Melcryptovestimentaphiliac, crewella, fatdog, Sto Lat, soul searcher, briartrtpd.., Whits End, Tripp, Regatta Dog, 4knotsbox, BSBNBI, Tacking, captainron, Philc, CaptnPea

And your point is? Do you count the number of people in movie theaters too?

And your point is? Do you count the number of people in movie theaters too?

I might do that if I didn't like the movie but the chick I was with did and we were gonna go to her place afterwards. I'd count the people in the theater to pass the time until we left.

Might.

Ok, now that she's packed it in, who is going to pick her up? Will they also be delivering a new sail? As a U.S. Coast Guard veteran this jackass will never be able to keep a proper watch with no radar or a first mate to split Port and Starboard watches. So, what's the over/under on fuckstick coming ashore? I say he quits just after day 365.

Ok, now that she's packed it in, who is going to pick her up? Will they also be delivering a new sail? As a U.S. Coast Guard veteran this jackass will never be able to keep a proper watch with no radar or a first mate to split Port and Starboard watches. So, what's the over/under on fuckstick coming ashore? I say he quits just after day 365.

Supposedly a couple local SA guys, I think; are picking her up. I agree that Reidtard is well and truly fecked now...

getting a new sail would compromise the "grande" purpose of Ried's fiasco. I thinks the purpose was not to see land or take on any supplies for the duration of the 1000 days. How would a space shuttle on its way to Mars ever get a rocket booster delivered to them. I am sure NASA is watching this very closely to see how to get a member of the crew off their shuttle half way to Mars.

They never kept a proper watch BEFORE, why would they start now :o

I might do that if I didn't like the movie but the chick I was with did and we were gonna go to her place afterwards. I'd count the people in the theater to pass the time until we left.

Might.

Did you know there are people who are paid to go to the movie to count the people so that the producers could be sure the owner is reporting the real number of tickets sold? :P