Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Carquest has it on the shelf. So does West marine for way too much money. Gladwin has it.

I probably should have checked replacement cost and sent you home with some of my stock. If you want to come by and grab some you can.

Now that WAS a post count lifter!!!

Thanks Fred!!!!

Sorry folks... but this is the only way I can talk to him.

Hijack over

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

"I am sure NASA is watching this very closely to see how to get a member of the crew off their shuttle half way to Mars."

There in lies the problem with this entire farce, no matter where weed is on the planet it's only a matter of hours, days, or weeks to reach the nearest landfall for help, supplies, whatever. If you have a problem or run out of cheese half way to Mars you're fucked. Not to mention that you can't drape a tarp off the side of the space craft to get rainwater when the water maker fails or drop a line out the hatch and catch fish if you get hungry.

I hope they arrest the fuck and make him get a job and pay the back child support he owes.

I've followed this and the 1000 days at sea threads since their start. I've stated previously that i was involved personally in at least 25 SAR's. I didn't state how i was involved and since i started posting and bashing sailflat with bold and oversized reports, most have determined that i have to be a hovian or a major part of mission control. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

For many years, i was knee deep in the commercial maritime insurance claims. Take a few of the injuries with which i became involved with, arms torn off by machinery, eye's put out, hands cut off, death at sea by natural causes, ships lost at sea, crewmembers lost at sea, crewmembers murdered by another crewmember, head injuries, this is just the beginning. Rest assured, each one of these major injuries require an SAR. And with each SAR and injury, I received the USCG's report on each via the freedom of information act.

Now, after stating these events with which i was personally involved in, and knowing first hand how the USCG reacts to such events, this is why i find that sailflats intentions and acts are to say the very least entertaining. I know first hand in calling the USCG about a SAR for an injured crewmember how they react, the questions they ask and the qualifications of the caller that they are dealing with. SAR's are not started or conducted just cause some flakey idiot has determined through some internet sluething that a "potential person on board a boat (we're following this on the internet) has a potential problem". Oh how i wished that i were a fly on the wall when the South African SAR unit took that phone call from sailflat.

To further shoot down you dumbasses who think i'm a hovian or a part of mission control, i live in texas now, but should you have any questions about true SARs feel free to ask me your questions. I chose not to take a lead in this thread and posted using flamatory methods just to stick the needle in sailflat and all of you sanctimoniuos assholes (you know who you are, i do not desire to name each one of you)

Too bad we couldn't have had this conversation and your discussion and input all along in a civil manner. For matters of SARs I always watched for nolatom's posts as being educational and authoritive. What you did instead was show yourself as a Hovian, cunt, and attention whore.

I think I've seen 4 of us on this thread alone. Governail and ????

That is so cute, but if it isn't too much to ask, please don't interrupt. Don't you understand that this discussion is crucial to NASA and the next mission to Mars. If the reidtarded issues are not figured out prior to NASA's Mars Launch, the 1000 days mission will be for nothing.

:lol: :lol:

The closest space analogy I can come up with for this whole farce is an alien abduction of a naive, young woman off the streets of NY.

Next recruit, please! (Click to enlarge and read text.)

post-11970-1203630174_thumb.png

Too bad we couldn't have had this conversation and your discussion and input all along in a civil manner. For matters of SARs I always watched for nolatom's posts as being educational and authoritive. What you did instead was show yourself as a Hovian, cunt, and attention whore.

You're feedig him JP! Remember, he has all along claimed that SF claimed to start a SAR. SF claimed they took his info, thanked him and said they would radio some ships to pass by if in the area. They determined it was too far, and not important enough to do anything else. So, what tdBF is saying may very well be true, but we have never disputed that. After the bitch slapping and shit flinging began, words were twisted. The original conversation is still there and SF never claimed anything else. The only reason this HCAW, as you put it, is on ignore is because he is too immature to have a conversation without YELLING AND SCREAMING and picking fights.

Hovian? By all means. Actual part of MC??? Probably not, but it sure pushes his buttons to accuse him of it!!!

By the way - is the cast off?

And now for something completely different.

I've entered "shreidded" into the Urban Dictionary.

1. shreidded

Repeated ripping or tearing of a sail because of neglect.

Example- "Because the sail had not been covered to protect it from the sun's rays for an extended period of time, the wind shreidded it mercilessly."

If y'all would be so kind as to "thumbs-up" when you get a chance, it'd be appreciated!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shreidded

:lol: You're 8-0

post-22901-1203630612.jpg

:lol: You're 8-0

This one, just off the cuff, for the urban dictionary.

Reidcruit (noun, derivation from Soanya Ahmad, former crew member of the ship Schoone Anne, captained by Reid Stowe) - Definition: gullible and naive person recruited for a doomed mission with no intrinsic value or purpose.

Example: The excited wannabe sailor was reidcruited by David Vann to accompany him on his homemade aluminum trimaran "Tin Can" on a non-stop trip to the Antarctic Peninsula in order to see if the trimaran would stay together.

During this little interlude in the action ~

Peter X's "Your face here" reminded me of this EXTREMELY CRUDE link that was in GA in a NautiGirl thread. I'll tell you 2 things up front:

1) It's about butt sex

2) Pee before reading

You've been warned.

http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/...ensue.phtml#278

(sorwy, never did figure out how to embed links)

Holy Schmokes! I've been in St. Louis since Tuesday, and have finally gotten around to getting on the net today. I just read the Cheese Scow saga of Soanya's pending escape on their site, and came straight here- you all have been busy little writers! Got to go back about 8 pages to catch up...

Just catching up here. This morning we were saying that Reid was an insensitive selfish person to not go to Australia and stay by Soanya's side if she was gravely ill as first reported. After all isn't that what love is all about. But now to think that he would make that poor malnourished girl transfer from one sailboat to another (not even a proper rescue craft or personnel) in open water is just appalling. Screw the mission. Start again - alone you have more than enough sprouts to last you a lifetime but be responsible for once in your life and take the woman who stood by you and bought into your mission to shore properly and safely. You don't even have to clear in for god's sake - just get close enough to shore that she can be transferred safely and then take off again if you must. No one is learning anything from your Mars Ocean Odyssey except what a hypocrite you are and how disgusting the people who encourage you from MC are too.

Ok - Anne is continuing to move away now. Do we know FOR SURE we got accurate departure times? Is it possible that they fed false info again so we would not be able to be there? I think she is off already. The log shows a change in course at 5:12am on 2/21. Remember, that is still NY time! So, 7pm ish Yesterday in Perth...And the original info we got was that a rescue boat was already underway. We were told later by the rescuers that they were going tomorrow afternoon right? If Reid is hovianed to, he would not be making such progress. Look back over the last week at how close the dots are when he was hovianed to. Then look at the space when sailing. Then compare to the space when getting her to safety. All three are different distances and the latest match his sailing pattern.

If she was "gravely ill" then she must be in a hospital somewhere by now

Depending on how "gravely ill" she is, she might become "reidclusive" (new entry for Urban Dictionary) in order to recover from the appalling shock of re-entry from Reid's weird world to the real world.

Ok - Anne is continuing to move away now. Do we know FOR SURE we got accurate departure times? Is it possible that they fed false info again so we would not be able to be there? I think she is off already. The log shows a change in course at 5:12am on 2/21. Remember, that is still NY time! So, 7pm ish Yesterday in Perth...And the original info we got was that a rescue boat was already underway. We were told later by the rescuers that they were going tomorrow afternoon right? If Reid is hovianed to, he would not be making such progress. Look back over the last week at how close the dots are when he was hovianed to. Then look at the space when sailing. Then compare to the space when getting her to safety. All three are different distances and the latest match his sailing pattern.

Pattern? Sailing? .......sorry, you lost me. You in the right thread?

Why bother? She's so thin he could throw her 20 yards like a fucking lawn dart.

Except that her head is so big she'd be top heavy and go in head first, and I think it's safe to say she's in no condition to swim anywhere! Remember, she's been in bed pretty much since she hit the Indian Ocean...her muscles have atrophied! She hay have to be helo'd out! :o

Pattern? Sailing? .......sorry, you lost me. You in the right thread?

:lol: Oops - pattern was the wrong word. I meant the distances between the points when hovianed to vs. drifting with current and sails up vs. on a determined course to get somewhere. I never should have said sailing and pattern together in this thread. I'll take my turns now.

So, the scow is floating away from the coast... maybe they had a rendezvous during the night, but more likely they are making a circle, waiting for the right moment:

She was hove too last night as reported. Its now 8am local time. They expect the pickup will occur around 1pm. Buts thats very spongy at this stage. I'll call the skipper this morning to find out the latest.

You're feeding him JP! Remember, he has all along claimed that SF claimed to start a SAR. SF claimed they took his info, thanked him and said they would radio some ships to pass by if in the area. They determined it was too far, and not important enough to do anything else. So, what tdBF is saying may very well be true, but we have never disputed that. After the bitch slapping and shit flinging began, words were twisted. The original conversation is still there and SF never claimed anything else. The only reason this HCAW, as you put it, is on ignore is because he is too immature to have a conversation without YELLING AND SCREAMING and picking fights.

Hovian? By all means. Actual part of MC??? Probably not, but it sure pushes his buttons to accuse him of it!!!

By the way - is the cast off?

You're right! You're right! I'ma.....

post-22901-1203634935_thumb.jpg

She was hove too last night as reported. Its now 8am local time. They expect the pickup will occur around 1pm. Buts thats very spongy at this stage. I'll call the skipper this morning to find out the latest.

I'm telling you it's not adding up! If they are really supposed to meet north of Rottnest Island (right?), it isn't happening today. Not if everything we have been told is correct. Hope I am wrong, but remember they are going to try to avoid us at all costs and they have just witnessed SA's ability to get the info (TinCan). Are there any other places near where they changed course that a rescue could have been launched from?

It just dawned on me that we cannot tell what direction he is pointed based on the map! Just which way he is moving. So, I guess it is possible he is just getting blown in this shape and not sailing away as I thought. What are the winds doing? It is hard to tell based on his blog and I actually have to run to work for a little bit.

He tried that. You all were too busy screaming juvenile imaginary terms like 'hovian' whilst fashioning foil hats with matching ear plugs.

And sailflat did flake out and try to call in a search and rescue. What, nobody but me remembers when he went ape shit because they disappeared for a bit? His story suddenly changed after the tracking unit started working again. He then claimed he just had a 'chat' with South Africa SAR.

He tried that. You all were too busy screaming juvenile imaginary terms like 'hovian' whilst fashioning foil hats with matching ear plugs.

And sailflat did flake out and try to call in a search and rescue. What, nobody but me remembers when he went ape shit because they disappeared for a bit? His story suddenly changed after the tracking unit started working again. He then claimed he just had a 'chat' with South Africa SAR.

thank you sir

Wow! I've finally caught up (man, my eyes hurt!) I am in the hotel lobby (the only place I can get wireless access), freezing my ass off (because there's an ice storm), and people are staring at me because I was laughing so hard at those Urban Dictionary entries that I may have inadvertently started snorting! You guys are AWESOME! They are THE BEST!

I'm not surprised that Soanya is "jumping ship", but I'm shocked that Weid let her leave. Then again, based on his post, it did seem a bit cold- he didn't express his "love" for Soanya or anything like that. Pretty much made it seem like she was his coworker. Based on his previous posts, it seems like he is disappointed in her. Even though we have all enjoyed making fun of her, none of us has ever wished her ill-will. It is weird- she HAS been sick for pretty much three months now. Usually, people get over seasickness by then. I wonder if she isn't sick from a parasite (they did eat fish from another fish's belly), the biohazard of the boat (mold, chemicals, toilet leaking raw sewage, leaking diesel tank...), an STD contracted from Weid or, this would be the worst- pregnant. I shudder to think of the last one. Bad on Weid- if he had ANY decency, he would have stopped and dropped her off at a port a LONG time ago. No one should be stuck on a boat SICK for three months.

Glug, Thanks for keeping us posted, and let us know what condition they find her in. Are they going to take her straight to the hospital? I recommend it- no one knows what agues her at this point, and she needs to thorough check-out. Probably a few bags of fluid via IV, too. Does she have a place to stay until she flies out, or are her parents coming to be with her?

I really hope Soanya smuggled Sqwak off the boat.... Save Sqwak!

Can we have a bit of serious talk here for a second. (We can resume the normally scheduled Reidicule in just a sec.) Just indulge me here quickly.

690+ days left.

Solo with a 70 foot long, 60 ton gaff rigged schooner.

Even if he's got the right stores/supplies on board, which I assume he does, it seems completely unrealistic to think he can manage maintenance and gear failures by himself for the next two years. Or maybe I'm wrong.

This assumes he can also sleep, eat, navigate, not be run down, etc. Or go nuts by himself.

I'm telling you it's not adding up! If they are really supposed to meet north of Rottnest Island (right?), it isn't happening today. Not if everything we have been told is correct. Hope I am wrong, but remember they are going to try to avoid us at all costs and they have just witnessed SA's ability to get the info (TinCan). Are there any other places near where they changed course that a rescue could have been launched from?

It just dawned on me that we cannot tell what direction he is pointed based on the map! Just which way he is moving. So, I guess it is possible he is just getting blown in this shape and not sailing away as I thought. What are the winds doing? It is hard to tell based on his blog and I actually have to run to work for a little bit.

It seems to me that he's likely lost control of the boat. Its blowing 35, he's single handed and has been for a year, its a crappy old gaff rigger, and his sails are the shits. What would you do? I'd be pretty much at my limit long ago, but then I'm not on a "mission".

If glug's info is correct, the disembarking should happen around 10:30 PM EST. As I already stated, I assume she's very weak and will need an assist to get off the boat. Jumping OB isn't a likelly scenario under perfect conditions and this is far from perfect! I would love it if, once they rescuers got there, they decided that it couldn't be done safely and Reid HAD to bring the shit, er ship, to a dock. Then all the fines would be levied! I'll be keeping an eye on that webcam on the beach.

EDIT: PeterX -- You don't think Reid is already nuts? Suggest you watch VoidHo, in case you haven't already. This guy is not normal!

He most certainly did go ape shit, and had every intention of trying to get the rescue to happen. Fortunately, the CG there responded exactly as CB is now claiming they would. SF came back after he made the call and he said that they took the information and couldn't reach Anne on the radio or phone, and they would see if anyone was going to be in the area. He never claimed they did anything else because they didn't and he tried to downplay it from there. What the problem with CB was, is that he assumed and repeatedly claimed that it never happened and that SF made the whole thing up. He repeatedly asked for information to prove that the rescue happened. There was no rescue. Simply a phone call that SF claimed had the exact response that CB is now saying it would have had. CB wanted a fight, as he implied today, and he got it. He is appearing to start to talk in a rational voice, and I am sure the ignores will slowly be lifted.

And, Cb, many of us here would have liked to have been a fly on the wall as well (especially after SF hung up)! We just didn't over react to SF and start flinging the stinky stuff. Nothing that SF did made any difference at the time. He will probably tell you the same thing. That he over reacted on the side of safety for what ever reason (good or bad), and that he would probably do it again. And, if he did it again, the SAR peeps would react the same way. It was too much drama with one or two immature people not letting it go.

Can we have a bit of serious talk here for a second. (We can resume the normally scheduled Reidicule in just a sec.) Just indulge me here quickly.

690+ days left.

Solo with a 70 foot long, 60 ton gaff rigged schooner.

Even if he's got the right stores/supplies on board, which I assume he does, it seems completely unrealistic to think he can manage maintenance and gear failures by himself for the next two years. Or maybe I'm wrong.

This assumes he can also sleep, eat, navigate, not be run down, etc. Or go nuts by himself.

Dude, I got the over/under at 365 days before he calls it quits. I'll take the under

He most certainly did go ape shit, and had every intention of trying to get the rescue to happen. Fortunately, the CG there responded exactly as CB is now claiming they would. SF came back after he made the call and he said that they took the information and couldn't reach Anne on the radio or phone, and they would see if anyone was going to be in the area. He never claimed they did anything else because they didn't and he tried to downplay it from there. What the problem with CB was, is that he assumed and repeatedly claimed that it never happened and that SF made the whole thing up. He repeatedly asked for information to prove that the rescue happened. There was no rescue. Simply a phone call that SF claimed had the exact response that CB is now saying it would have had. CB wanted a fight, as he implied today, and he got it. He is appearing to start to talk in a rational voice, and I am sure the ignores will slowly be lifted.

And, Cb, many of us here would have liked to have been a fly on the wall as well (especially after SF hung up)! We just didn't over react to SF and start flinging the stinky stuff. Nothing that SF did made any difference at the time. He will probably tell you the same thing. That he over reacted on the side of safety for what ever reason (good or bad), and that he would probably do it again. And, if he did it again, the SAR peeps would react the same way. It was too much drama with one or two immature people not letting it go.

Without searching sailflat's numerous postings and relying upon my memory and recall, which i might add yours seems to have failed you, sailflats quote was "omg, they haven't posted in 2 days, I'M CALLING IN A SAR" and that's exactly what he attempted to do.

Without searching sailflat's numerous postings and relying upon my memory and recall, which i might add yours seems to have failed you, sailflats quote was "omg, they haven't posted in 2 days, I'M CALLING IN A SAR" and that's exactly what he attempted to do.

Reread what I just wrote and you quoted. The first line. Read it slowly. Maybe three times. Does it sound familiar? It is the same fucking thing you said! He had every intention of getting a rescue. Yes, he called it in. NO, they ........

SHIT JP - I just did it too. Sorry

Oh yeah - CB - you forgot SF's most famous line, "THE WHEELS ARE OFF THE BUS!"

and they are headed north again! geez - I think I am getting sick from his sailing.

Question for glug -

What kind of boat is going out to meet the Cheese Scow?

Going out in a motor launch. Dont know what type. But they're doing the transfer by inflatable boat. It will be windy but calm seas if the Void Hovians get to the rendevous point on the north side of Rottnest.

And going back to Day 194 entitled "Love in a capsule" are some of Weid's pearls of wisdom...

Many people have asked how do we get along with just the two of us in a small confined space. Most people are in disbelief, but we are really getting along great. Since we are interested in how our voyage is like a space voyage, I can easily look at it from that angle first. If you were going on a long journey into space, wouldn't you want to go with your loving partner? Since NASA is supposed to be sending a group of people to Mars and they probably won't be couples, the word becomes tolerance instead of love. They will tolerate each other because they are professionals. Soanya and I have better odds because love is a lot more powerful than tolerance. We get along because we love each other. Besides the technical issues like boat seaworthiness and food stores, our ability to succeed is equal to our ability to keep loving each other. Since we are in a situation that we want to be in, we are happy with ourselves. Loving ourselves makes it easier to love each other. When I am in a good mood, I have a lot of love and can treat Soanya well.

Wonder how he's been treating her now that he has to tolerate her? :lol:

Going out in a motor launch. Dont know what type. But they're doing the transfer by inflatable boat. It will be windy but calm seas if the Void Hovians get to the rendevous point on the north side of Rottnest.

It sounds like she will be comfortable very soon. Any media attention at all yet?

Precisely... He tried it TODAY, finally, and I pointed out my regrets that we possibly missed some intelligent input from an obviously informed person. When every post came at us like a roaring freight train, the disrespect shown to us ALL with that shit made me today embellish RD's "hovian cunt" with "attention whore". I actually couldn't care less if "Hovian" or not, and I've never stated an opinion on the SAR. I had one "topic" in my response: Having a Civil Conversation ...and now you are adding the merits of the SAR.

Sorry for what I'm about to write, but my tinfoil helmet is at the shop getting simonized.

It appears as though CB is working this right out of the Hovian Playbook. When does CB come on here? When there's a problem with the mission. Does CB ever address the current problem? No - CB and other Hovians create diversionary fire until people lose interest in the most recent 1000 days fuck up.

This is political war room tactics. Distract from the issue of substance and you win. Shoot the fucking messenger and you win.

These folks at Mission TheTroll have invested a lot of time and emotion in this charismatic con man. If Reid fails, they fail, and what else have they got in life besides the credit card debt from buying all those penis enlargement systems?

Just take a look at the post CB made today where he assures us all that he's been following both the Reid website and this thread since the very beginning and then goes on about all the terrible shit he's seen with SARs. Then take a look at his sign up date. October - months after this all expenses paid cruise aboard a 70' sailing yacht began. There's no credibility with this asshat.

All BC wants to do is perpetuate the myth that people on SA are all a bunch of "haters", even in the midst of an outpouring of support and concern for Soanya.

He's a Hovian........

....and a cunt

Precisely... He tried it TODAY, finally, and I pointed out my regrets that we possibly missed some intelligent input from an obviously informed person. When every post came at us like a roaring freight train, the disrespect shown to us ALL with that shit made me today embellish RD's "hovian cunt" with "attention whore". I actually couldn't care less if "Hovian" or not, and I've never stated an opinion on the SAR. I had one "topic" in my response: Having a Civil Conversation ...and now you are adding the merits of the SAR.

Pssssst

Transmission garbled

Please say again

And going back to Day 194 entitled "Love in a capsule" are some of Weid's pearls of wisdom...

Many people have asked how do we get along with just the two of us in a small confined space. Most people are in disbelief, but we are really getting along great. Since we are interested in how our voyage is like a space voyage, I can easily look at it from that angle first. If you were going on a long journey into space, wouldn't you want to go with your loving partner? Since NASA is supposed to be sending a group of people to Mars and they probably won't be couples, the word becomes tolerance instead of love. They will tolerate each other because they are professionals. Soanya and I have better odds because love is a lot more powerful than tolerance. We get along because we love each other. Besides the technical issues like boat seaworthiness and food stores, our ability to succeed is equal to our ability to keep loving each other. Since we are in a situation that we want to be in, we are happy with ourselves. Loving ourselves makes it easier to love each other. When I am in a good mood, I have a lot of love and can treat Soanya well.

Wonder how he's been treating her now that he has to tolerate her? :lol:

Day 289

Soanya's View:

Since I have known Reid, he has said his ability to succeed is equal to his ability to love. Now that we are finally underway, he's had to remind himself of that over and over. When we're frustrated or angry or stressed, we are not in a state of love. It's not easy to be loving all of the time. It takes as much work to remember to be loving as it does to act out frustration or negative feeling. The yogis say love is the highest state a human can be in. It is not one that is attainable without effort despite what many would have you believe. I hope I can remember to be loving more times than not. It's easy to forget in the heat of the moment, but practice must make it easier in time.

The thing is they go through the same things that normal "land based" relationships go through. They have just added a super ego, a daughter with benefits age thing, sickness and a deadly ocean. It is bound to wear them down. The true test to their relationship is just starting. What will happen while they are apart for two years now?

Old news, let it go.

We'll I guessing Reiding will sail (Drift) off and well never hear from him again.

Ahhh, its nearly over and I'll be able to step away from the computer.

What will happen while they are apart for two years now?

I never thought of them as a "couple". She was the last person on the pier with a pulse that was willing to join him. She brought her photography education and Reid-worship to the table, and then took the initiative to learn the communication, electrical, audio/video, and sprout cultivation systems.

Soy has found out at a fairly young age how it is to be used and thrown away! Better to find out now, leave because it's what she wants, than to spend three years with the fuck to be dumped at shore.

And RD, you are quite right about Convoluted farts appearance today of all days. A completely hovian move from Mission Control. Is it Joe? The flamenco dancer downtown? Jessie? Whichever it is, you're a cunt, CB! (_X_)

Thanks for the reply. Looks like it might still be a while before transfer as Reid is about 40 nm away from rendezvous point according to MetOcean. At the rate the boat moves, it might be another day before they can pick her up.

First off, in what deluded world is there a gale over here at the moment? There was a couple hours last night (local) where it threw down a few mid 30 gusts other than that it's been a plesant 20 odd.

WAs it on here or the 1000 days site where they have been planning this since Christmas???

FreoDoctor.com.au, we'll have photos and (hopefully) an innerview with Soanya tonight (local).

When did they choose Australia? It obviously wasn't at Christmas time because even a couple days ago, they appeared to be trying to avoid the place.

How is the old sail holding up?

Are Soanya's parents involved/aware of what is happening?

How does Reid plan on accomplishing all that needs to be done and still report back in order to keep getting money?

Did Reid learn enough about the communications to keep us updated?

How is squawk holding up?

Are these questions that you want me to ask Soayna?

I'm more than a little confused about this, and don't know more of the laws of OZ except what we've been told about from our recent discussions. I'm guessing that Soanya is being taken ashore by sailors vs the Coast Guard or SAR because that way nobody has to board the Anne and find out all that is wrong with it. I don't understand why the authorities don't make Reid bring her in himself.

None of this is kosher. How did a sailor get contacted and not the authorities? Why didn't he drop her in Cape Town SA back in December? Since she was the one trained to maintain the batteries, solar panels, computer and other electronics, I'm guessing it took him this long to learn.

She has to get ALL her shit off the boat because she's never going to see it again. Customs will have to be there to greet her on land and go through all her belongings. She's probably yo-yoing between being ecstatic to get on land again (wait til she tries to walk!) and being sad at leaving him. If she's in love with him, she better say Sayonara, baby! He's an ass for deserting her like this. It's all about Reid, always has been and always will be. Now that she's off, I hope he sinks!

Firstly why would SAR get involved? She's chronically seasick and has been for the past 10 months, not really SAR worthy. We don't have a Coast Guard, we've just got a Navy.

The reason that the pick up is occuring offshore with other sailors is because if they come inside 3nm from the coast they are deemed to have landed on Australia, then Reid has to go through customs, etc.

Why would the authorities be contacted? She's seasick. RPYC was contacted because Perth was the next logical stop on the way.

So, the scow is floating away from the coast... maybe they had a rendezvous during the night, but more likely they are making a circle, waiting for the right moment:

They hove to.

Supposedly a couple local SA guys, I think; are picking her up. I agree that Reidtard is well and truly fecked now...

Jezuahz.... read people...

Ok - Anne is continuing to move away now. Do we know FOR SURE we got accurate departure times? Is it possible that they fed false info again so we would not be able to be there? I think she is off already.

Considering I spoke to skipper of rescue boat at 1840 local time she wasn't being rescued. I'll give you guys an updated rescue time in a couple hours but I'm thinking it's going to be around 3pm.

What are the winds doing?

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/wa.asp

I've made the offer to go an ask her questions if you want; I've not had one serious question. I'm really doubting the amount of crap that I've read in this thread; glug and I have been posting factual stuff and people have clearly not been reading it.

From Perth Channel 7 TV News

Friday February 22, 11:35 AM

Perth yacht club to rescue sick sailor

A Perth yacht club is going to the rescue of an American woman too seasick to continue a bid to set a 1,000-day sailing record.

Reid Stowe, 56, and Soanya Ahmad, 25, began a 1,000-day voyage from New Jersey in the United States on April 21 last year, aiming to set a number of records including the longest sea voyage by a man and a woman.

Since entering the rough Southern Ocean in November, Ms Ahmad has suffered recurrent and disabling seasickness, and the pair have decided she should not continue on Mr Stowe's 21-metre gaff-rigged schooner, the Anne.

The Royal Perth Yacht Club expects to rescue Ms Ahmad Friday afternoon.

It is planning an at-sea transfer so that Mr Stowe, an American, can continue his attempt to break records, including one for the longest voyage out of sight of land.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080222/2/15x28.html

First off, in what deluded world is there a gale over here at the moment? There was a couple hours last night (local) where it threw down a few mid 30 gusts other than that it's been a plesant 20 odd.

Golf Claps

Next recruit, please! (Click to enlarge and read text.)

post-16295-1203641929_thumb.jpg

post-16295-1203642064.png

OK Here, I want to go on the trip. But not just my face, get the jacket too, the jacket will help us remember....

*yes that is really me, I am not sure what happened to my neck, I usually have one.

Excuse my ignorance ..... but what the hell is a "Hovian"?

I could probably find out if I bothered to go back thru 239 pages if this ridiculous thread but really I have better things to do with my time ... like sailing.

PS. Are they (we) there yet?

Hovian is a follower, supporter of Reid. See his video, "Void-Ho".

FreoDoctor.com.au, we'll have photos and (hopefully) an innerview with Soanya tonight (local).

Firstly why would SAR get involved? She's chronically seasick and has been for the past 10 months, not really SAR worthy. We don't have a Coast Guard, we've just got a Navy.

The reason that the pick up is occuring offshore with other sailors is because if they come inside 3nm from the coast they are deemed to have landed on Australia, then Reid has to go through customs, etc.

Why would the authorities be contacted? She's seasick. RPYC was contacted because Perth was the next logical stop on the way.

They hove to.

Considering I spoke to skipper of rescue boat at 1840 local time she wasn't being rescued. I'll give you guys an updated rescue time in a couple hours but I'm thinking it's going to be around 3pm.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/wa.asp

I've made the offer to go an ask her questions if you want; I've not had one serious question. I'm really doubting the amount of crap that I've read in this thread; glug and I have been posting factual stuff and people have clearly not been reading it.

Thank you remmie and glug for patience and for providing the information you have so far. Look forward to your updates and photos when available.

Thank you BB. I don't think I will try & find the video.

If you know what's good for you, that would be the smart move. Especially don't look on YouTube.

remmie & glug, thanks for your information, it is appreciated. Do let us know as soon as you hear she is aboard the launch.

I can think of lots of questions to ask her, but underneath they would all revolve around some variation of "what were you thinking?" It is not really the time or place to grill her as she is just coming off the boat after all this time. She will probably be dealing some heavy emotions and she may be physically weak. Maybe just some softball stuff to get her talking. If she wants to talk, encourage her to talk.

1. How are you feeling?

2. How is Reid doing?

3. How is the boat holding up?

4. Is Reid planning to head back to the southern ocean?

5. Lots of people around the world are following your voyage, can we set up a time to discuss it more fully after you've had a chance to rest?

There are a lot of opinions here as to whether or not she really knew what she was getting into, what is the state of her relationship with Reid, did he really take advantage of her, etc. I just can't imagine that it would do much good to ask her point blank questions about these things as soon as she steps ashore, depending on her physical/mental state it could be downright mean to do so.

Please do not ask those to Soanya! Those were for a troll here. There are probably not any specific questions that are safe to ask without knowing how she is. I think, based on several posts by others, play it safe and ask normal questions about what it was like, was she ever scared, things like that. The deeper questions she probably will not know or want to answer, and she shouldn't have to try. Thanks for your time and the offer.

And to the factual stuff - Thank you. We have always picked apart everything to an insane degree. For example, we are used to being told about Reid's gales, but until today have never had anyone near by that can give us proof he is making it up. We see pictures of his gales and laugh, but cannot prove anything. We are conditioned to that! But, your information is proving to be true, and very informative.

Don't worry johnnysaint, it will find you! (evil laugh here)

You must watch the video; it is priceless111111111111

Preferably after a couple of drinks, or whatever other mood altering shit you prefer....

It appears in Void Ho, that Reid is still on some wild acid trip that he began 40 years ago; and that's a fact, Jack!1

I don't blame you for thinking that. This thread has been 300+ days of nonstop conspiracy theories and the funniest shit you will ever read. I have been absolutely laughing my ass off more times than I can count. All this is mixed in with more serious discussions and actual concern for this poor girls welfare. For a long time we were wondering if the whole thing was being faked. There was a long discussion of how bad you can fake out the MetOcean beacon before it gets obvious. They did seem to fiddle with it a bit near Africa.

Anyway, just IMHO, take it easy with questioning SoySauce. I suspect she needs some time to get her mind working in a rational fashion again. Now if she WANTS to talk, please do tell us what she has to say.

Another serious question: Does she have a way home?

Another serious question: Does she have a way home

It's been said that her parents are both NYC doctors, or some such, and are paying for her return. Dunno if that's true or not; like much other stuff regarding this wacky trip...

If my memory serves me correctly (and I may be wrong) I'm fairly certain that Marian also spoke to the SAR people, and yet nobody got all judgmental over that. She did the same thing Sailflat did: called to ask some pertinant questions.

I had a friend lost at sea many years. missing after taking off from Florida and not reaching his destination two days later. Everyone hemmed and hawed about calling the authorities...bottom line, they spent nine days adrift in a 14' lifeboat before being rescued by Cuban fisherman and taken to Cuba to linger in prison until they could be taken out of Cuba. My experience, better be safe than sorry! A phone call doesn't hurt anyone!

It's been said that her parents are both NYC doctors, or some such, and are paying for her return. Dunno if that's true or not; like much other stuff regarding this wacky trip...

Accountants! And I'm sure they can afford to bring her home. Possibly one of them has already flown there to greet her, that would be the nice thing to do! And for those of you who didn't bother to read any of this and are just jumping on the bandwagon now, she left from here without her parents blessings. They did not want her to be with a man 33 years older than her, a man with an ego the size of Mars, an unemployed grifter, someone Soanya chased for years before being invited along because nobody else would go with him. I would assume they have put all their anger aside and are relieved that they are getting their daughter back alive and in one piece!