• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

The NEW and IMPROVED 1000 days of HELL blog!

http://1000daysofhell.blogspot.com/

I invite anyone who would like to join me as a contributor to the 1000 Days Of Hell counter blog to please PM me so I can add you...

The intent is post counter entries and articles to the ones that show up on his blog... Such as the one from today emphizeing the Voices...

Nauti... Please come and add an entry about his Cult of personality...

Someone please make one about reids views on watch keeping and collisions!

I know that we have it in us. Have FUN and the Wiki Nazis can't wack this one!

Again!!! Please send me an IM and I will invite you as an author.

Thanks!

JUST when I'm sure the WikiPrison is the cherry on this SA sundae.....

Ok... The response is overwhelming! Even have someone who has volunteered to clean things up and make it look nice.

To save us both a little time please pm me a real world email address so that I can send you an invite as an author. I think blogger.com prefers a gmail address if you have one. EDIT: turns out that a gmail address is not required, just prefered.

Thanks

Oh... And BTW I have already gotten an add request from one of reids cult... You know who you are and so do I so just don't waste my time. It will take a lot of convincing(including a public post denouncing reid) to get me to let you in.

Holy crap on a rainbow, that is easier than expected. You only have to replace a few words here and there and it just gets more and more fun. The blog is live, please parody your favorite Reid post...I did the one where he started to fix the head, realized it would take more than one day so he stopped, apparently without putting the head back together. Soanya had tried to scrub it to fix it but that hadn't worked amazingly enough.

I invite anyone who would like to join me as a contributor to the 1000 Days Of Hell counter blog to please PM me so I can add you...

The intent is post counter entries and articles to the ones that show up on his blog... Such as the one from today emphizeing the Voices...

Thanks!

JUST when I'm sure the WikiPrison is the cherry on this SA sundae.....

OH... Watch out for the new and Improved WikiPrison coming to a con-man near you.

If someone is in the NYC area please PM me. My best contacts in the NYC area are moved to Annapolis and Fla.

Holy crap on a rainbow, that is easier than expected. You only have to replace a few words here and there and it just gets more and more fun. The blog is live, please parody your favorite Reid post...I did the one where he started to fix the head, realized it would take more than one day so he stopped, apparently without putting the head back together. Soanya had tried to scrub it to fix it but that hadn't worked amazingly enough.

Isn't it great! I was hoping it might work that way. Thanks!

OH GOD!!! I fell over laughing when I opened the page. Well done EVK4! We need to put that picture at the top beside the pict of Anne

Ya know, everyone's feeling all sorry for poor little Soanya, but by som's account, she stalked Captain (bowsprit) Crunch, which leads me to think she's just as much a few sandwiches short of a picnic (or ocean race.lol) as he is.

Me wonders what she's running from? Student loans perhaps?

I was just thinking this morning that we may be thinking her a little too innocent in this. Sure,maybe she stalked him and kind of had all this coming to her, but she still couldn't have known what is in store for them in the Southern Ocean.

This has been bugging me -- What are they doing with their trash? Their food has got to have been wrapped in something. And, since they aren't likely to encounter a boat with a pumping station, I figure they are just letting it run into the ocean? I wonder how the mother ocean feels about that?

As for the dumbass bitch -- I wonder how much Reid paid her parents for her?

Far enough out to sea and you can dump just about anything but plastic.

Far enough out to sea and you can dump just about anything but plastic.

I am sure reid will find another use for the plastic. :P

You don't think she can read?

I don't think she knew where or what to read. Maybe she was too infatuated with Captain Crunch to even want to look. Or maybe she does know, and is so mindfucked by this guy that she didn't care.

Either way, it's all speculation.

And possibly two of the most famous Darwin Award recipients of all time: Cap'n Crunch and the Void Ho.

Vamos a ver...

Now that, I will certainly agree to. Funny how yesterday we all thought she was completely innocent.

Thanks Som, for shedding light on these ... whatever we're calling them now.

One of the troubling aspects of this foolishness is that Stowe has put some miles under the keel of that boat and has lived to tell a tale or two. The literature SA has unearthed even substantiates some of it. He must be keenly aware of how much effort it takes to reef and deal with a boat of those proportions in trying conditions nevertheless he set out both unprepared and severely undercrewed. Stowe is fleeing from something or someone that truly terrifies him.

Here's hoping for the girls sake that he is smart enough to bob around in tranquil eddies for as long as he can. Whenever he does return I'm sure it won't be to NY or the US for that matter. Don't think his reception will be nearly as enthusiastic as his freaky bon voyage vids.

You have got to be pretty stupid to publish your whereabouts on an easily accessible website if you are actually trying to avoid being killed by a recently released drug dealer who you were instrumental in sending to jail.

Reid's vanity is getting in the way of his self preservation instinct.

You have got to be pretty stupid to publish your whereabouts on an easily accessible website if you are actually trying to avoid being killed by a recently released drug dealer who you were instrumental in sending to jail.

Reid's vanity is getting in the way of his self preservation instinct.

Who said his position fixes were legit???

For that matter he could be on anchor somewhere in the islands smoking a fat one

Paging Mr. Donald Crowhurst,

C'mon, he is a hippy dippy boat guy/artist. He is a good con man because his incompetence is disarming. Now you want to make him into a major cog in a drug cartel. I bet he and his buddies were real amateurs in the drug markt-mostly marihuana-probably exclusively. Given his general display of competence (or lack thereof) I would be reluctant to create an inflated view of his abilities in other endeavors.

You know, he should have picked a heartier chick to join him. I'm surprised she hasn't turned into a bonerack like Reid, and can't see there being a whole lot left to her after 1000 days. Bye bye boobies.

Maybe they can catch some jellyfish, shrinkwrap them in some of the plastic from the 'frommage' and tape them to her chest...instant implants!

I think I read recently in one of their posts (which I am proudly banned from responding to) that she has lost 16 pounds since setting sail, so if they don't die of scurvy they'll die of malnourishment...what a pity. They must look wonderful naked (aargh, my brain just went blind for a minute)!

Come on ship,

S

I

N

K

S

O

O

N

Ship of Fools :lol::wacko:

• Downvote 1
Ok it now seems I need your help. I need to post a letter to Reid's blog but can't figure out how to do it. I was up late writing and a friend wrote me to tell me to google my name, hit news, then blogs. it seems there is a special message waiting for me and the blog is for my benefit. Before I came here I consulted a lawyer so I know what can and can not be said or done. I just want to warn them. This is what I need to publish. Can you help?

Clever,

Either take this off or I will make sure both your blog and website are off the net. This is called slander. I can prove everything I have said about you and more. Can you prove anything you have said about me? I neither hate you or love you. This is called righting a wrong. Reid the e-mail I wrote you asking you to explain yourself when I returned I BCC'd myself. Starting April 18 2005 I kept paperwork of everything. Want me to spill everything I know, I will. I've kept quite about some of it to protect Viva she doesn't deserve you as a dad. You have till Monday morning at 9:00 to remove this before I file charges. Realize that it is your staff that will be sued since you can't do e-mails from sea. Why don't you explain what you have done and face the music instead of claiming others are insane. Why not state the real reason Alejandro left you. You send love and healing vibes your cowardly message negates that. Log onto www.xplorefacts.blogspot.com to see what I wrote, maybe then you'll get it.

Keeping A Record of the Journey26 Sep 2007 by Reid Stowe & Soanya Ahmad

And to the very disturbed Suzanna Bowling, no matter how insane and filled with hate you still are, I send love and healing vibes to you. Be sure to also check the Official 1000 Days Website www.1000days.net.

1000 Days Non-stop at Sea - http://1000daysatsea.blogspot.com/

Suzanna, our new best friend, :wub: you will NEVER be allowed to post anything on Jesse's fucking blog. Anything at all negative or true gets blackballed, and since SA bloggers know about REAL sailing, they, too, are blackballed. The funniest part is that Jesse writes every comment in his blog that supposedly comes from Reid and Soyana. They never see anything posted there because it would use up too much of their energy on board the ship. Oh, maybe he forwards them Amber's pearls of wisdom....now there's a real interesting, intelligent, stimulating idiot! She and Sayonara can compare cooking tips. One bazillion ways to grow sprouts...

S

I

N

K

• Downvote 1
Do you really think his recently-released-from-jail-former-business-associate is going to hop in a boat and come looking for him in the South Atlantic?

My bet is that his position reports are somewhat bogus, and he's getting a 1000 headstart on his pissed off friend. I'll also be that when the program finally falls completely apart, it will be somewhere where return to the US is impractical, and they will be"stuck" in some far away port awaiting repairs.

Someone needs to point them to the Bullimore thread. How far are they from Hobart?

Wow a lot has happened in less than 24 hours.

I agree with NautiGirl...after reading todays' entry (Day 158) I wonder now if maybe Soanya realizes what a con-man this Reid person is and that she is in real danger, not necessarily because of Reid himself, I think she could break him like a twig, but the likelihood she won't see dry land again, and in her blog messages she is secretly trying to tell us she needs help? I don't think she knows enough about sailing to cut his line while he is up the stick or keel-haul his ass while snow shoveling the bottom and still get home safely..so for now she is just hanging on..I've never seen her really smile in a pic..not even once!

I bet he made her eat the flying fish and he gets to savor the Mahi Mahi.

According to Suzanna, Sayonara began chasing Reid when she was 17 and, even though he slept with every 20-something girl who came along UP UNTIL THE DAY THE ANNE SET SAIL, and Sayonara was well aware of it, she went with him.

Now I'm confused...which one of them is sane?!?!?!

COME ON, BABY,

S

I

N

K

• Downvote 1
According to Suzanna, Sayonara began chasing Reid when she was 17 and, even though he slept with every 20-something girl who came along UP UNTIL THE DAY THE ANNE SET SAIL, and Sayonara was well aware of it, she went with him.

How come guys like Reid and the scuzzy motorcycle guys have no trouble getting laid? :huh:

After seeing that damn Void Ho video, damn you, and clensng my eyes with a couple shots of rubbing alcohol, I can't get the vision of the delapidated boat and the guy from dead calm out of my mind.

Christ, this thing could follow the entire plot line of that movie before it is over. God help the poor fuckers that pick up Ried after the damn cement boat sinks.

Late,

Shag

After seeing that damn Void Ho video, damn you, and clensng my eyes with a couple shots of rubbing alcohol, I can't get the vision of the delapidated boat and the guy from dead calm out of my mind.

Christ, this thing could follow the entire plot line of that movie before it is over. God help the poor fuckers that pick up Ried after the damn cement boat sinks.

Assuming the don't die a thousand different ways, they are only on Day 158 - That leaves us with as many as 842 days of ridicule, torment and pee in your pants laughter ahead of us....

VOID HO~!

Nobody is posting at the 100 days site - not even AmberD and her near daily congratulations message. Likely Jesse has gone - he's the one who does all the blog maintenance, screening and posting. He probably also handles the donations and checkbook. suzanna has blown the whistle and some folks who are owed money now know about Reid's checking account - the one into all the donations supposedly go. So - they take their judgments and go for the cash. Depending on the billing cycle, the site ought to disappear by the end of next month. Jesse probably knows it and has left. Swan 70 - whatcha think?

thus goes the real purpose of this "trip." Reid just wants to leave - it's always better somewhere else for people like him and look how many people wrote to his site to say they wish they could just escape. Soanya figures she'll get famous and make some money if she trails along with her camera and computer - they'll write a book or, as Reid fantasizes, make a "moving" video. Neither one of them has any more idea of going into the southern ocean than I do - they never did. Even Reid - given that Bermuda trip and the trip to Antartica - knows there is no way he could handle that tub in those waters. they'll bob around and make a movei about how two people live together and try to get someone at the planetarium or NASA to say it's a valuable addition to what might happen to astronauts. It doesn't take a lot to generate interest - just look what happened on this SA thread. Trouble is, their publicity was to come from the blog site that would generate the thousands of followers Jesse talks about but don't exist. Neither Reid nor Soanya guessed he'd screw it up so badly with his censoring unkind posts. He cut the excitement potential out completely and created a site where people ran out of nice things to say and got tired of reading them from other people.

The final chapter will be when they "realize" they are taking on water and call for help. when they see the helo, they'll pull the scuttle plug and then go somewhere to recuperate while they edit the video they saved. Their journal was to be kept by Jesse - all the posts they've made.

And now Reid undersands about fury and women scorned. Wait until it dawns on his innocent little companion that there's no money or fame in it after all. She's no innocent and she's not stupid. She's studied - her writing shows that. and, although she's a kid, she's attractive. She and Reid decided they could spend six months or so doing this and then write about it and their exciting rescue. If she sees it's screwed up because of stupid, Reid will have an unfortunate accident as he's trying to hook onto the helo. Soanya will say, "oooopsie."

Of course, I could be all wrong and they really are from a different solar system seeking intelligent life under the waves. but they're eating it ....

The final chapter will be when they "realize" they are taking on water and call for help. when they see the helo, they'll pull the scuttle plug and then go somewhere to recuperate while they edit the video they saved. Their journal was to be kept by Jesse - all the posts they've made.

And now Reid undersands about fury and women scorned. Wait until it dawns on his innocent little companion that there's no money or fame in it after all. She's no innocent and she's not stupid. She's studied - her writing shows that. and, although she's a kid, she's attractive. She and Reid decided they could spend six months or so doing this and then write about it and their exciting rescue. If she sees it's screwed up because of stupid, Reid will have an unfortunate accident as he's trying to hook onto the helo. Soanya will say, "oooopsie."

It cracks me up when people try to make this all rational! :lol:

OMG. I just checked out the 1000days of Hell blog and I'm DYING here.

My fav is the "Let's go sailing!" pic. It's all so priceless.

What did people do for entertainment before the internet?

(Edited to add that they probably went sailing.)

Nobody is posting at the 100 days site - not even AmberD and her near daily congratulations message. Likely Jesse has gone - he's the one who does all the blog maintenance, screening and posting. He probably also handles the donations and checkbook. suzanna has blown the whistle and some folks who are owed money now know about Reid's checking account - the one into all the donations supposedly go. So - they take their judgments and go for the cash. Depending on the billing cycle, the site ought to disappear by the end of next month. Jesse probably knows it and has left. Swan 70 - whatcha think?

thus goes the real purpose of this "trip." Reid just wants to leave - it's always better somewhere else for people like him and look how many people wrote to his site to say they wish they could just escape. Soanya figures she'll get famous and make some money if she trails along with her camera and computer - they'll write a book or, as Reid fantasizes, make a "moving" video. Neither one of them has any more idea of going into the southern ocean than I do - they never did. Even Reid - given that Bermuda trip and the trip to Antartica - knows there is no way he could handle that tub in those waters. they'll bob around and make a movei about how two people live together and try to get someone at the planetarium or NASA to say it's a valuable addition to what might happen to astronauts. It doesn't take a lot to generate interest - just look what happened on this SA thread. Trouble is, their publicity was to come from the blog site that would generate the thousands of followers Jesse talks about but don't exist. Neither Reid nor Soanya guessed he'd screw it up so badly with his censoring unkind posts. He cut the excitement potential out completely and created a site where people ran out of nice things to say and got tired of reading them from other people.

Of course, I could be all wrong and they really are from a different solar system seeking intelligent life under the waves. but they're eating it ....

They call it the geographic cure---"lets ge out of Dodge before the posse shows up" --As long as Jesse and his minions can sustain the fantasy of the GRAND ADVENTURE they can suck dummies into donating money to this farce. Unfortunately--SA is generating so much negative publicity and so much attention to what a sleaze Reid is--that it is rapidly catching up to him. With the internet--He will have a hard time hiding from his pursuers----and , I fear, they are legion.

I'll bet this ends in the next couple of months with an impossible to check story of rescue by some Russian (Void-Ho-Kasak) or Japanese (Void-Ho-Maru) Trawler out there illegally fishing. They are just waiting for an appropriate sized storm to blow over their supposed position . . .

It also would be interesting to hear SOM talk about the "void ho" video. What it means and how it came to be made, for examples.

No, Robin, don't wish that on us...he might do it in poetry form or singing and I couldn't bear it.

Then I really would go deaf or blind!

P S

L I

E N

A K

S

E

:blink:

• Downvote 1
I was just thinking this morning that we may be thinking her a little too innocent in this. Sure,maybe she stalked him and kind of had all this coming to her, but she still couldn't have known what is in store for them in the Southern Ocean.

You need to be in this "conversation" from the beginning. Her total sailing experience before taking off on this daunting, world-record-breaking 1,000 day journey was a couple sailing trips on the Hudson (which, by the way, we now know Reid was chartering his boat illegally for these little 1 hour Hudson River runs).ONG, he can't be any good in bed, can he? Aarrgh, now I just popped my brain thinking about that.

And whoever thinks Sayonara is cute...just wait til her razor gets too dull and she can't shave that mustache she's got. She's only 23 and she has a 'stash.' Imagine how pretty she'll be when she's 60...Damn, I did it again. Crap!

S

I

N

K I N G L I K E A

N

E

P

O

X

Y

S

H

I

P

• Downvote 1

NYC anarchists see:

http://1000days.net/home/index.php?option=...8&Itemid=71

First Tuesday of every month, which should be next Tuesday, 6:30-7:30 PM at the Hayden Planetarium Space Theater, there is a program where they supposedly speak with R&S via Sat phone (an "astronomical and nautical discussion") then plot location of virtual schooner on virtual earth, whatever the hell that means.

$12 admission to the circus. Probably no free beer.

Perhaps R&S might answer some non astronomical and nautical questions.

Could be an entertaining cheap night out in the Big Apple.

Dear Selling Anarche,

I am Barrister Freddie Mugu writing again representing Butch Baba Rebock, a marine salvage specialist. As I told you in my last letter Mr. Baba Rebock has discovered the sailing ship Orange II in a secret cove. The ship is valued at USD $10,000,000.

Upon further inspection of the ship, Mr. Baba Rebock has found a number of American Kennel Club champion puppies on board. If the previous terms are acceptable Mr. Baba Rebock will donate USD $10,000 to the Liberian chapter of Pets Without Paws and their sister organization, Snakes Without Pants in your name.

Mr. Anarche, if these terms are acceptable please forward via Western Union USD $30,000 to Mr. Baba Rebock’s agent. His information is:

BENEFICARY: Reid Stowe

ADDRESS: Royal Monrovia Yacht Squadron

BANK CORRESPONDENT: Standard Charter Bank – Liberia

SWIFT ADDRESS: BESPEBRSPO

SECURITY PASSWORD: iboinkyoungchicks

May God go with you,

Barrister Freddie Mugu

NYC anarchists see:

First Tuesday of every month, which should be next Tuesday, 6:30-7:30 PM at the Hayden Planetarium Space Theater, there is a program where they supposedly speak with R&S via Sat phone (an "astronomical and nautical discussion") then plot location of virtual schooner on virtual earth, whatever the hell that means.

Send Mr. Clean

The wikipedia entrance for Reid is changing every minute now. Join the fun, I mean effort!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_Stowe

NYC anarchists see:

Hey Ed!,

Get an innerview!

By far this thread is the most hilarious thing to read on the entire web. So, I decided to tell a nonsailing friend of mine about this whole misadventure and subsequent SA response. He couldn't stop reading the entries until he burned out his retineas watching Void Ho. Damn.

If I understand their website correctly,

When used in the descriptive sense of an impending mental state:

Void ho is a nautical term that you shout out just before becoming seriously drug effected, thereby mentally going Sayonara while pushing the marshmallow remnants of a once erect but now under-engineered bowsprit into a parking meter.

or When used as a nautical command, for example:

"bend over and show me the void, ho..."

When I lived in Flint MI this was a (THE) term the prostitutes used to hurl at each other as the ultimate slur, seems only aprapos here also.....

By far this thread is the most hilarious thing to read on the entire web. So, I decided to tell a nonsailing friend of mine about this whole misadventure and subsequent SA response. He couldn't stop reading the entries until he burned out his retineas watching Void Ho. Damn.

I watched it this morning.

I'm still recovering... :wacko:

Thanks!

So I'm gone for less then 12 hours and you guys go and make blogsite against 1000 days.

Great, Great Sailing Anarchy what an effort put forth.

Darwin Award anyone?

Well right now since they are still out there bobbing around like a cork,

I would say they are an honorable mention :(

However once they sail :rolleyes: into the southern ocean and disappear forever :lol:

They will be awarded a Darwin! :lol:

Because honestly,... we all know they worked hard to receive such a prestige’s award! :P

Sailflat, feel free to post this on the 1000 days of hell

Day 158 Looking in the Same Direction

Voyage

Friday, 28 September 2007

Wind shifty, Course WNW, Speed variable, Position: 03° 08 N, 13° 33W Our lives have been reduced to the most minimal needs: hash, marihuana, magic mushrooms and cheese. Side by side and stoned like shit we look forward together in the direction of a higher calling. Yes, there is a rain cloud in the distance. Last night was a full moon. I often anticipate a change in the weather with the full moon, because I can see things so much better. If it is dark it is hard to tell what the hell is going on. Fortunately, we often see container ships that light up the skies so that I can anticipate the weather. With the two of us it only takes about half a day to reef this schooner, so we are very happy that we have these advanced meteorological methods especially when there is a full moon. We look at the rain cloud together having returned to where we caught rain before. Since smoking all the pod and eating cheese creates a dry mouth, we need water before venturing out into the unknown. For how long? We prepare for an eternity. In what direction? It's really not important as long as we do not run out of drugs and cheese. We were inspired to leave the earth long enough that we let as many ties go as possible, especially my former friends who thanks to me spend the last 15 years in prison. And while we ourselves have been called many names, we still do not feel the need to prove ourselves. To do that we look in the same direction.

Soanya's View:

What the fuck does it mean to look in the same direction? Why don’t you look at me anymore? An internal look is missing as well. I am wondering about your intentions. For a team to achieve their objective, they must be unified in all aspects. But all I do is hear the voices in my head conversing. One tells me to kill Reid, the other tells me that is not very safe as I have no clue where we are. Maybe the voices in my head can tell me to move in the right direction but I still have a nagging little voice that tells me to do otherwise. Reid’s survival depends on it.

Reid and Soanya

WHAT THE FUCK!

You all call me crazy ... I mean call DT crazy .....fuck it all, I can't even remember my name I am laughing so hard.

This guy is crazy!

Everyone please excuse him...

He's just lost -- he probably thinks he's in Cruising Anarchy and I'm certain that he thinks this thread is about him. Carry on, everyone...

Ok, Tillerwad, come on, now... that's a gooood boy -- we'll take you home, now.

This HAS to be the BEST....... THREAD......... EVER!

I watched the VOID HO video and now I think I have to get some electroshock therapy in hopes it will be wiped from my memory :o

The warnings posted here were not strong enough at all. Not even close.

would this be more appropriate

DO NOT WATCH THE VOID HO VIDEO UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SCARED FOR LIFE

though I have been tempted to

This HAS to be the BEST....... THREAD......... EVER!

I watched the VOID HO video and now I think I have to get some electroshock therapy in hopes it will be wiped from my memory :o

The warnings posted here were not strong enough at all. Not even close.

This is quite serious, folks.

I tried to watch the video a while ago, but I simply didn't have the gumption to last more than 30 seconds. I finally screwed up my courage and watched the whole thing and now, for some reason, I can't stop biting my knees.

--

OGR

Has anybody else noticed the resemblance between Captain Bligh running out of water because he was using it all on the BREADFRUIT, and Reid who, if it wasnt for the fact that the yacht is full of green vegetable material resembling tomato plants, could also check his tanks and find is also running out of water.

Is this mutiny Mr Christian/Sayonara ?

With a cabin of 20 square metres, at one square metre per cannabis sativa plant, that is 20 plants, consuming 1 litre of water a day each, I calculate that if they dont smoke them fast enough, they will run out of water on day 225.

Thank god they've got 12 cartons of "rolly papers".

Smoke harder guys, your life depends on it... If you dont, your ass is grass (literally).

Cmon Sayonara, you can suck harder than that.......

Reid speak

“ Oh why, oh why, is everyone so unkind to me, all I want is to show all you dispossessed ants the way as it has been shown to me by my own self being from that higher plane that some call heaven (that I simply know as home –void home-). But then alas, when I contemplate back to another time, in another place, I see all those poor lost souls that did not even then want to hear the truth, my truth, the truth of all ages, all they then did for me was leave me strung out on high over a very long Easter weekend with nothing to drink but vinegar and without even the offer of a sniff from the plentiful “ganga” sticks that I had created from one wayward sail fish (void fish void fish). It was my creation for them, to assist them in their “enlightenment”. Ah well, just as then when my only true believer to the end was an “olive skinned maiden”, such it would appear, is similarly my fate with this turning of the great wheel of life (void life void life). I do forgive you all as I gaze down on you whilst staring, staring, staring, into the mystical, mothering, “moon weather”, hearing all your wretchedly, rasping, reproapfully, repugnant, raucous, ranting, revolving forever around within my captivating neo classic shaped cranium, and my only solace is to drift into the void, into the void into the void. Void Ho! Void Ho! (Don’t you know)?

Ladies and Gentlemen. Each and every one of you should be commended on going way above and beyond the call of duty here. Words escape me at the moment, as a tear slowly rolls down my starboard cheek, but I just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of everyone here.

Please keep up the stellar work. And hopefully, when the End Days do finally catch up to you, your souls will rest in eternal peace and happiness in you own Private Voidaho...............

All my love and volcanic thoughts, K. Pierson

Our basic needs are fresh water and food. We were counting on including more fish in our diet, but have not been able to catch many. I once thought I was a decent fisherman. We have a roll of 100 lb. monofilament stainless leader, hooks and lures. Most of the time we are sailing too slowly. Our friend Jim, who is with the Axis Global group that helped us get going on this voyage, writes that he and his buddies just caught a bunch of mahi-mahi and big tunas. How can we improve our catch? How can we catch the mahi-mahi that swim around the boat when we are going too slowly?

Just kind of sums it all up, doesn't it? VOID HO! motherfucker, void ho.

On a more serious note, all he wants to talk about is food and resting. Not a good sign. I hope they run into a storm & need a rescue, no joke, because watching people fade from malnutrition is gonna stop being funny at some point.

Our lives have been reduced to the most minimal needs.

Yeah, it looks like it:

post-10716-1191032224_thumb.jpg

The depth to which the theme of this thread has spread is somewhat overwhelming.

I was sailing at my local club last weekend on a 505 and the course that we sail almost overlaps the junior course at our windward mark and their bottom mark. Just as we were approaching the mark, two 10 or 11 year old kids in a 10’ dingy started to gybe around their mark and the kid on the helm yells out to his crew “ready about – Void Ho” (the standard call is “ready about – lee ho”). Well after the shock, my crew and I laughed so hard for the whole of the next leg that we just kept sailing for the beach instead of finishing the race.

It was surrealistic, like being an extra in a Monty Python movie.

Reid has an awful lot to answer for!!!

Has anybody else noticed the resemblance between Captain Bligh running out of water because he was using it all on the BREADFRUIT, and Reid who, if it wasnt for the fact that the yacht is full of green vegetable material resembling tomato plants, could also check his tanks and find is also running out of water.

Is this mutiny Mr Christian/Sayonara ?

With a cabin of 20 square metres, at one square metre per cannabis sativa plant, that is 20 plants, consuming 1 litre of water a day each, I calculate that if they dont smoke them fast enough, they will run out of water on day 225.

Thank god they've got 12 cartons of "rolly papers".

Smoke harder guys, your life depends on it... If you dont, your ass is grass (literally).

Cmon Sayonara, you can suck harder than that.......

Dont pull me into this!

I again stand in awe at my SA mates--I have been gone since early my morning PACER search only to see the flowering of perhaps the funniest blog site ever--gentlemen (and ladies), I salute you.

Amateur builders and beginning yacht designers have been trained in the US to accept the notion of a trade off between sea worthiness, comfort, performance and cost. This notion is prevalent in the east of the United States but has been rejected by much of the rest of the world. The notion allows architects to rationalize vessels that are marketed for crossing oceans but do not pass the capsize risk ratio. An ocean race boat, to get 60 percent of the performance of a buoy racer, can get only say 25% of the seaworthiness needed for a bluewater cruiser is the argument.

The problem with that is that the definition of seaworthy involves crew competency. A boat that is seaworthy when she comes into port, then is crewed with lubbers (those who only know life on land), will not be seaworthy when leaving port - by definition. Likewise a boat originally intended for lake only use, when crewed by competent patient seamen, can circumnavigate the globe.

One of the great things about keels is stability but it takes a skilled captain and crew to keep a deep keeled boat seaworthy for 20 and even 30+ years. Hence older deep keelboats in like new condition.

Most keeled sailboats have 6 feet or more of draft and are heavy. This means that they will hit bottom before the crew can wade to safety ashore. In power boating, when there is a seaworthiness problem, you head for the beach, ground the vessel, and thereby save both the vessel and crew. This is not usually possible with deep keeled boats because they will topple while grounding (keel over) and can topple in breakers that in time will pound the vessel to oblivion. An exception are the newer fixed fin keels that are designed to break away in grounding.

Sailors want solid glass down south with extra glass at stress points and they avoid cored hulls. They require topsides that are immune from rain leaks and bonded to the hull. They seek stiff hulls with longitudinal stringers instead of just molded in liners, bulkheads and furniture pieces. They want internal rather than external fin ballast that is integral to the hull. In addition a balanced hull that holds course without human intervention even upwind, an interior that works, a means of going forward safely (like through a bow hatch) and the ability to ground without damage coupled with a kind sea motion when underway and speed to avoid storms is valuable

Next topic will be the use of water as ballast and drinking water for long passages

Frank Mighetto

S/V Murrelet

More drama. Last night when the cowardly note was left for me in google I tried to 1st place a response to the 1000 day blog. Failing that I went to the 1000 day website. I was invited according to the note of love and healing vibes. To leave the note I needed to leave my e-mail which I did. Like I said I have nothing to hide. I then went to google and then here for help. I have received so far, 3 letters in my personal e-mail from Eric Hunter Slater. These letters state grains of truth with a whole lot of slander. There is a term called Cease and Desist. In a harassment case you must let the party in question know by confirmed mail that you have warned them of your intent. I have done so twice in my personal e-mail and now I am doing it publically here. Thus the third time. When I fax all the content to goggle to prove what their illegal message has cost me I can prove that I have tried to settle this amicably. I am sure you are going to learn more about me. I expected that, but I am through with being afraid of these people. One of the things I'm sure that will come out is that I was abused by my father. It's true. I was three. It continued till I was seven. It is one of the things Eric put into his letter to scare me and to hurt me. Reid used it a lot to make me feel ashamed. In a previous post I stated I ran a "Child Abuse" organization. This is one of the reasons why. I am not ashamed nor scared to admit this fact. The national satistics in this country alone are 1 in 4 females and 1 in 5 males. Unfortunately I am a satistic. Has it colored my judgement....yes. Has it made me less of a person no. What Eric and the cult of Reid never knew is that I have written a book on child abuse. It's called "A Child's Heart". It's is illustrated by abuse victims. Their ages range from 4-53. Though it has not been published it has been shown through out the US in forums trying to combat child abuse. There is more to this book that I will share at a later date as to not jinx the process. I hope you understand. This blog has given me some of the best laughs I have had in years. To say who made me laugh the hardest would be difficult but thank-you one and all. I am sorry this letter will not make you laugh but maybe it will make you cheer that somebody is standing up to these people. I will answer the "Void Ho" question and the one about trash ina seperate e-mail.

To Eric Hunter Slater and the Staff of the 1000 days at Sea do not send me any more e-mails into my personal e-mail box. This is a "Notice of Intent" to Cease and Desist"!

Suzanna Bowling

Now since Eric Hunter Slater has been warned 3 times, I get Mike Dougan again stating slander. I wait with baited breath to find out whose next. Ah yes the cult of Reid is coming out of the woodwork. Yes they all know about this blog and have been here. The new blog and the Wikipedia. I'm being blamed for it. They've stopped the Child Abuse and moved on to weirder accusations that are so far fetched they are laughable.

To Mike Dougan and the Staff of the 1000 days at Sea do not send me any more e-mails into my personal e-mail box. This is a "Notice of Intent" to Cease and Desist"!

Suzanna Bowling

Amateur builders and beginning yacht designers have been trained in the US to accept the notion of a trade off between sea worthiness, comfort, performance and cost. This notion is prevalent in the east of the United States but has been rejected by much of the rest of the world. The notion allows architects to rationalize vessels that are marketed for crossing oceans but do not pass the capsize risk ratio. An ocean race boat, to get 60 percent of the performance of a buoy racer, can get only say 25% of the seaworthiness needed for a bluewater cruiser is the argument.

The problem with that is that the definition of seaworthy involves crew competency. A boat that is seaworthy when she comes into port, then is crewed with lubbers (those who only know life on land), will not be seaworthy when leaving port - by definition. Likewise a boat originally intended for lake only use, when crewed by competent patient seamen, can circumnavigate the globe.

One of the great things about keels is stability but it takes a skilled captain and crew to keep a deep keeled boat seaworthy for 20 and even 30+ years. Hence older deep keelboats in like new condition.

Most keeled sailboats have 6 feet or more of draft and are heavy. This means that they will hit bottom before the crew can wade to safety ashore. In power boating, when there is a seaworthiness problem, you head for the beach, ground the vessel, and thereby save both the vessel and crew. This is not usually possible with deep keeled boats because they will topple while grounding (keel over) and can topple in breakers that in time will pound the vessel to oblivion. An exception are the newer fixed fin keels that are designed to break away in grounding.

Sailors want solid glass down south with extra glass at stress points and they avoid cored hulls. They require topsides that are immune from rain leaks and bonded to the hull. They seek stiff hulls with longitudinal stringers instead of just molded in liners, bulkheads and furniture pieces. They want internal rather than external fin ballast that is integral to the hull. In addition a balanced hull that holds course without human intervention even upwind, an interior that works, a means of going forward safely (like through a bow hatch) and the ability to ground without damage coupled with a kind sea motion when underway and speed to avoid storms is valuable

Next topic will be the use of water as ballast and drinking water for long passages

Frank Mighetto

S/V Murrelet

Crap....he's back. Nice goin'

The book, "Classic Yatch Interiors" has a page about "Tantra Schooner", the "Schooner Anne's" original name. It has pictures of the schooner as well as some information about Reid, his wife, Iris, her wood carvings and their 2 month old daughter Viva. In the interest of what is truth, can someone get this to "Wikipedia"?

The book, "Classic Yatch Interiors" has a page about "Tantra Schooner", the "Schooner Anne's" original name. It has pictures of the schooner as well as some information about Reid, his wife, Iris, her wood carvings and their 2 month old daughter Viva. In the interest of what is truth, can someone get this to "Wikipedia"?

What is a "Yatch"? ;)