Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

You do get some pretty weird crap in this thread it must be admitted and some of it goes way beyond basic common sense.

Suggesting that one image showing Reid holding a globe is proof positive of prior plans to rendevous somewhere in the Indian Ocean (by the look of the pic) has to be one of the loopiest but that's the Turkey for you I guess.

That they planned in advance to drop S off in WA in order to deliver a parcel of video footage pretty much takes the cake as well, particularly when it's coupled with supposed Hovian fears that RS was gonna do her wrong.

Moitessier was known to transfer packets of film to passing freighters, for RS to do the same would make a lot more sense than going through all that palaver off Rottnest in order to simply deliver some video footage ????.

Sorry, but I just don't buy it.

That the wheels were falling off the wagon and S wanted to run screaming from the wreckage I find easy to believe but the rest threatens to descend onto a paranoid fantasy.

If you remember, I have mentioned the fact that the Rendezvous had been planed several months ago. Go back and look it up. Asshat.

And yes, that photo was taken when they were sitting around in a group discussing where the media transfer and resupply would take place. They weren't worried about an accurate lat and long... They were apparently getting a rough idea... And only Reid would be genius enough to keep an inflatable globe beach ball on his boat for navigation purposes. He must have not read the warning label about not using it for navigation.

And the main point of it was to get the medai materials off for the documentary... Not to take Sayanara off unless it was necessary. The plan was to meet off the coast of Aus... Seems to have done a good job... My question to PR central was did they think that we would be so stupid not to notice.... They didn't seem to have a plan for that one. I guess they figured it out...

If they couldn't do it in secret... Make a big deal of it instead... Too bad the wheels are coming off the bus instead. Anyone got a tire iron? I think RD is bringing one back from the party.

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

Is the talkfest over yet??? When can we expect some details from RD???

As for being obsessed or addicted to this thread, I feel it is a bit of both. This is an evolving novel that has been going for nearly a year. Who would have thought that Motorcycle's simple question

"I don't know if anyone else saw this article:"

would have generated over 270 pages of rants, abuse, conspiracies, investigations, opinions, facts, humour, photoshop magic and new words for the english language. Am I sick for my addiction to 1000days thread, probably, but I love it. This story still has long way to play yet, so hurry up RD it is Friday afternoon here I am winding down at work and about to escape to the pub for while.

Does this mean that Regatta Dog and I get the most money when we all share the royalties of the Couple Cruise for 1000 Days book?
Well, SeaWolf, that would statistically depend on whether Convoluted Fratboy SF McKay decides to make a run on Fairly Lithium.

And, of course, the night is young. Never know what poetry the Gov may have up his sleeve, ready to pull out on the home stretch.

In any case, you may want to hold off on the shopping spree. $1.37 royalty checks don't go as far as they used to.

* CURRENT STANDINGS *

* * (BIG FONT adjusted) * *

Posts......Percent.....Poster..................

953.......... 7.1%....... Regatta Dog

810.......... 6.0%....... aseawolf

562.......... 4.2%....... tdBF (MC)

310.......... .................Captain Lithium

102.......... ................ FairandHonest

85 .......... ................. convoluted_brezzze

28 .......... ................ .sailfastandfree

24 .......... ................. Donald McKay

13 .......... ................. Fratboy

529.......... 3.9%........ sailflat

483.......... 3.6%........ JPlanet

454.......... 3.4%........ Tacking

418.......... 3.1%........ SeaMadness

407.......... 3.0%........ swan70

326.......... 2.4%........ NautiGirl

274.......... 2.0%........ RobinCrusoe

265.......... 2.0%........ WuWei

258.......... 1.9%........ luna

243.......... 1.8%........ elle (left)

243.......... 1.8%........ elle (right)

224.......... 1.7%........ oldgoatroper

203.......... 1.5%........ Gouvernail

If you remember, I have mentioned the fact that the Rendezvous had been planed several months ago. Go back and look it up. Asshat.

And yes, that photo was taken when they were sitting around in a group discussing where the media transfer and resupply would take place. They weren't worried about an accurate lat and long... They were apparently getting a rough idea... And only Reid would be genius enough to keep an inflatable globe beach ball on his boat for navigation purposes. He must have not read the warning label about not using it for navigation.

And the main point of it was to get the medai materials off for the documentary... Not to take Sayanara off unless it was necessary. The plan was to meet off the coast of Aus... Seems to have done a good job... My question to PR central was did they think that we would be so stupid not to notice.... They didn't seem to have a plan for that one. I guess they figured it out...

If they couldn't do it in secret... Make a big deal of it instead... Too bad the wheels are coming off the bus instead. Anyone got a tire iron? I think RD is bringing one back from the party.

Wow, abuse. I can die fulfilled. You honour me sir !

Had the rendevous been made with a Hovian launch perhaps I could believe but damn it there's that scepticism bobbing to the surface yet again.

Now, about the resupply ? Aha, I failed to notice that they shaved a bit off the original plan.

Soooo...did the resupply take place ?

Will S being in fear of her life be a central theme of the doco ?

Will 90 minutes of the cameraman/woman/thingy throwing up attract a world wide audience and attract more sponsors ?

Is the bus porcelain ?

Does Squawk plan to jump ship at the next rendevous off South America ?

1000 Days at Sea - Pt 1 - 300 Days of Retchedness, The Chronicles of Ahmadia.

Coming soon to a remainder bin near you.

Well, SeaWolf, that would statistically depend on whether Convoluted Fratboy SF McKay decides to make a run on Fairly Lithium.

And, of course, the night is young. Never know what poetry the Gov may have up his sleeve, ready to pull out on the home stretch.

In any case, you may want to hold off on the shopping spree. $1.37 royalty checks don't go as far as they used to.

* CURRENT STANDINGS *

* * (BIG FONT adjusted) * *

Posts......Percent.....Poster..................

953.......... 7.1%....... Regatta Dog

810.......... 6.0%....... aseawolf

562.......... 4.2%....... tdBF (MC)

310.......... .................Captain Lithium

102.......... ................ FairandHonest

85 .......... ................. convoluted_brezzze

28 .......... ................ .sailfastandfree

24 .......... ................. Donald McKay

13 .......... ................. Fratboy

529.......... 3.9%........ sailflat

483.......... 3.6%........ JPlanet

454.......... 3.4%........ Tacking

418.......... 3.1%........ SeaMadness

407.......... 3.0%........ swan70

326.......... 2.4%........ NautiGirl

274.......... 2.0%........ RobinCrusoe

265.......... 2.0%........ WuWei

258.......... 1.9%........ luna

243.......... 1.8%........ elle (left)

243.......... 1.8%........ elle (right)

224.......... 1.7%........ oldgoatroper

203.......... 1.5%........ Gouvernail

Why Didnt I get included, Wha Wha Wha what about me..

ME ME ME

Love the elle left and right :D

2315599041_d49282e52a_o.jpg

Let’s get the most important thing out of the way right now. It was ham on white bread with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.

After the shit fight here the past couple days, I went to Brooklyn to crash Soanya’s reception at the Good News Broadcasting offices. I didn’t expect to get in, so I brought poster board and markers to make protest signs, as well as $40.00 in ones to hire protesters to film. I think that would have been a lot more fun as well as entertaining, but I did have an interesting evening.

When I arrived, fashionably late, there was a note on the door asking guests to call upstairs. I called and introduced myself as Regatta Dog. A Hovian by the name of Sterling came down and let me in. I was asked not to tape while in the building, and felt that was a reasonable request. I’d been chatting with a pleasant Hovian couple on the sidewalk who showed up shortly after I did. Sterling opened the door and we all went up the elevator together (YouTube of being invited in is

). Sterling asked me if I was going to behave, and I said I would, as any proper party crasher should.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but was pleased that the elevator rose instead of descending to the depths of hell. When I got to the reception area, I received a very cordial welcome from Donna, proffered the ten spot donation, was logged in as "R Dog", and began to mingle a bit. They had a very nice spread of Pizzas and pastas, as well as beer champagne and punch (Kool Aid?). Because my royal taster was watching the car, I decided to forgo refreshments at the outset. There was a live band that was made up of Reid supporters and it was nothing like Void Ho. They may love Reid, but they certainly aren’t following in his footsteps musically, to the great benefit of humanity.

I was introduced to a number of Hovians who were all quite cordial. I asked if Soanya was about and was ushered into the room where she was and introduced myself. She recognized the moniker and knew what Sailing Anarchy was, and was not intimidated by my presence at all. I told her that many of the voyage’s detractors were very happy that she was safe and sound. I was very impressed with the way she carried herself. She seems confident and has a pleasant demeanor. I asked her a number of questions and learned that she has yet to solidify anything in the way of her book, but said it will not be more of the same from her posts. She’s going to get into more detail about her experiences, the day to day life she led and also about her interactions with Reid.

Soanya enjoyed her time in Australia and is happy to be home. She’s confident that Reid will be able to handle whatever comes his way. She thinks that his experience and creativity will get him through. The ham sandwich she had in Australia, to my great surprise, was not the best ham sandwich she had ever had. And as for sprouts day after day? Well, she’s growing some right now.

I met quite a few people, there was some pressing on my real name, but not too hard. I spent most of my time with the couple I met outside and the hostess Donna. Donna was very pleasant, but also seemed to express more concern than the others about all the dust that detractors have kicked up. She repeatedly offered me something to drink, which I declined, but I eventually had a small cup of punch which I think was margarita without the booze (I was driving). Donna also assured me that no one was controlling Soanya, and while I was there, she didn’t have guards and no one screened my questions before I spoke with her. If you read this, Donna, please don’t be upset that I didn’t eat. It looked and smelled great.

The couple I spoke with were also very nice people. Well spoken and direct, which worked out well for me. I was also direct in answering their questions as to why detractors would go so far. I explained most of the main points in this thread, so I won’t delve into them again here. Their position was one of support for Reid. This couple, at least, had been following the thread and were surprised when they learned about his drug conviction and child support, but they still support Reid. The gentleman had no blind adoration for Reid, but did have respect for what he was trying to accomplish. When I brought up the stated goals of the voyage, he seemed to be content with Reid reaching 1000 days. When I asked what uniquely qualified Reid’s trip over Jon Sanders, he responded that Reid’s trip is for the same amount of time as would take to get to Mars. He also suggested that the Mars tie in at the planetarium was shrewd from a promotional perspective. I was strongly encouraged to attend the next planetarium show.

There was a lot of rehashing of the crap on this thread, but without the anger. I stuck to my guns and they stuck to theirs. They are a diverse group of people – from dock groupies to millionaires. They all seem to truly like Reid. I was told he was a soft spoken guy, friendly and even humble. I’m not sure I buy into any of that, but they expressed their admiration for Reid with conviction. While I don’t respect their unquestioning support for Reid and 1000 days, I do respect their passion.

I didn’t pepper Soanya with any in-your-face questions for two reasons. First, I was their guest and that would have been very rude, especially for a pure bread from Boston. Second, I’m fairly certain that within a week there will be something in the press that lends balance to this totally fucking ridiculous story. The hounds have the scent.

I'M not telling

You can hit quote reply and figure it out.

the good news is it is not at all addctive

in fact I can stop doing this any time I want to

I'm Going to bed now

all done

I sure hope this doesn't happen to you

Golly this is fun

I am really enjoying myself

They want me to go to Rehab

I don't need no fucking profeshunul help

I can stop

What does this ad reply box do if your click on it?

THANKS

Let’s get the most important thing out of the way right now. It was ham on white bread with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.

After the shit fight here the past couple days, I went to Brooklyn to crash Soanya’s reception at the Good News Broadcasting offices. I didn’t expect to get in, so I brought poster board and markers to make protest signs, as well as $40.00 in ones to hire protesters to film. I think that would have been a lot more fun as well as entertaining, but I did have an interesting evening.

When I arrived, fashionably late, there was a note on the door asking guests to call upstairs. I called and introduced myself as Regatta Dog. A Hovian by the name of Sterling came down and let me in. I was asked not to tape while in the building, and felt that was a reasonable request. I’d been chatting with a pleasant Hovian couple on the sidewalk who showed up shortly after I did. Sterling opened the door and we all went up the elevator together (YouTube of being invited in is

). Sterling asked me if I was going to behave, and I said I would, as any proper party crasher should.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but was pleased that the elevator rose instead of descending to the depths of hell. When I got to the reception area, I received a very cordial welcome from Donna, proffered the ten spot donation, was logged in as "R Dog", and began to mingle a bit. They had a very nice spread of Pizzas and pastas, as well as beer champagne and punch (Kool Aid?). Because my royal taster was watching the car, I decided to forgo refreshments at the outset. There was a live band that was made up of Reid supporters and it was nothing like Void Ho. They may love Reid, but they certainly aren’t following in his footsteps musically, to the great benefit of humanity.

I was introduced to a number of Hovians who were all quite cordial. I asked if Soanya was about and was ushered into the room where she was and introduced myself. She recognized the moniker and knew what Sailing Anarchy was, and was not intimidated by my presence at all. I told her that many of the voyage’s detractors were very happy that she was safe and sound. I was very impressed with the way she carried herself. She seems confident and has a pleasant demeanor. I asked her a number of questions and learned that she has yet to solidify anything in the way of her book, but said it will not be more of the same from her posts. She’s going to get into more detail about her experiences, the day to day life she led and also about her interactions with Reid.

Soanya enjoyed her time in Australia and is happy to be home. She’s confident that Reid will be able to handle whatever comes his way. She thinks that his experience and creativity will get him through. The ham sandwich she had in Australia, to my great surprise, was not the best ham sandwich she had ever had. And as for sprouts day after day? Well, she’s growing some right now.

I met quite a few people, there was some pressing on my real name, but not too hard. I spent most of my time with the couple I met outside and the hostess Donna. Donna was very pleasant, but also seemed to express more concern than the others about all the dust that detractors have kicked up. She repeatedly offered me something to drink, which I declined, but I eventually had a small cup of punch which I think was margarita without the booze (I was driving). Donna also assured me that no one was controlling Soanya, and while I was there, she didn’t have guards and no one screened my questions before I spoke with her. If you read this, Donna, please don’t be upset that I didn’t eat. It looked and smelled great.

The couple I spoke with were also very nice people. Well spoken and direct, which worked out well for me. I was also direct in answering their questions as to why detractors would go so far. I explained most of the main points in this thread, so I won’t delve into them again here. Their position was one of support for Reid. This couple, at least, had been following the thread and were surprised when they learned about his drug conviction and child support, but they still support Reid. The gentleman had no blind adoration for Reid, but did have respect for what he was trying to accomplish. When I brought up the stated goals of the voyage, he seemed to be content with Reid reaching 1000 days. When I asked what uniquely qualified Reid’s trip over Jon Sanders, he responded that Reid’s trip is for the same amount of time as would take to get to Mars. He also suggested that the Mars tie in at the planetarium was shrewd from a promotional perspective. I was strongly encouraged to attend the next planetarium show.

There was a lot of rehashing of the crap on this thread, but without the anger. I stuck to my guns and they stuck to theirs. They are a diverse group of people – from dock groupies to millionaires. They all seem to truly like Reid. I was told he was a soft spoken guy, friendly and even humble. I’m not sure I buy into any of that, but they expressed their admiration for Reid with conviction. While I don’t respect their unquestioning support for Reid and 1000 days, I do respect their passion.

I didn’t pepper Soanya with any in-your-face questions for two reasons. First, I was their guest and that would have been very rude, especially for a pure bread from Boston. Second, I’m fairly certain that within a week there will be something in the press that lends balance to this totally fucking ridiculous story. The hounds have the scent.

Did they give you Drugs?

What a great story, RD! And I'm especially happy to hear that Soanya is not so dopey as one would gather from a lot of her writings. Mr. Sterling is the head of MC, so you were given honored treatment, eh? lol

How many people were there? Did anybody point out her family? What about the bash in the boat?

Somebody said it here earlier, and it fits so well: You're our Michael Moore!

THANKS!!!!

Hmmm mayonnaise

Good stuff RD golf claps

Thanks RD, an easy and pleasant read. If you take Paypal, I'm willing to step-up and help defray your travelling expenses! Or at least something to buy a few coldies or rumbo's with.

They are a diverse group of people – from dock groupies to millionaires.

To what other group could the same description apply?? :blink:

Nicely done RD.

So how many poeple actually showed up for this thing? Mostly Chelsea artsy types and few sailors I presume. I suspect these are the people who Weedy shook down pretty well for $$ and the event was so they felt they were getting a little something for their money.

No mention of Joe, Eric or our buddy Jesse. Jesse is such an in your face type that I'm certain he would have started something with you if he was there. Also wonder if the Daily News reporter was there to yet again further promote this circus. Soy's parents around?

Not surprised by Soy's demeanor. Confident and charming but like a spoiled little princess way. Bet she's not about to post a listing in the SA Crew Pool Forum looking to continue sailing regularly. Back to world of artists and hopefully wealthy benefactors.

If I had just spread everything around, I and consequently everyone here, would have been cut off months ago. And believe me... Knowing what I know, it has been very difficult not to just spill the beans.

Do you think that I like to be taunted and insulted? [No? Then why are you here, dummy? Just to say bullshit in the hopes of an attaboy from a racist bigot like the turkey boy? Or from some broad who calls herself a chick but can't say a full sentence without using "fuck?")

So shut up asshat or I will take my toys and go home. [Oh God - not that. You'll leave the thread devoid of meaning.}

Shut the fuck up and fuck off oldie. You have nothing of value to offer other than an occasional laugh at your stupid theories and how the other stupids line up behind you.

A pleasant surprise Regatta Dog. Although I don't see you as Michael Moore I'm glad it went as you described. Of course, now you have exposed yourself as a closet "hovian" since you said nothing bad but, rather, were very complimentary of them. It's good you didn't explain how the wolf in sheep's clothing or the chickie feel about her and that she has class enough not to mention it. Likewise some of the other things some of the unthinkers here have had to say.

See - that's the trouble here. Take the used up old broad in New Rochelle. She's nothing but a fifty five year old Soanya, WannabeWolf. Except, she's all used up with no story that would interest anybody - not even her grandchildren. Same with Chickie - hey gramma - what did you do when you used to be young? "Oh -I was the chick on the boat. You know - sailors get lonesome and need a chick. Soanya and me - chicks on the boat." And Timmy - everybody's favorite bigot. White man saved the black man and now shows how grateful he is by demanding compensation. And sailflat - well, 'nuff said about a guy even the people here recognize as having his head in his ass.

All these people - love to spend time saying stuff they hope will get an "attagirl" and so they try to outdo each other. Not a single life between them. Shife's right - you're all a bunch of completely useless losers who pack to howl. Did you not notice? Even the sycophant's at Reid's site left long ago - boring. But not you people - you people are the muse in "he's a real nowhere man ...."

Now - fuck off and laugh about your miserable selves ganging up to say stupid shit to each other.

Wanna tell me off together?

Here - tell this:

Well done RD, sounds like you represented us with class.

Letting them know who you are gets you the big balls award.

post-22200-1204892995.gif

All a bit of a worry :blink:

how do you feel after meeting all those nice people at the hovian church group :huh:

sounds as if they knew how to make you 'heal' and lick the bowl of the master :blink:

have you been reborn as a 'hound of the hovians' ?

:unsure:

If I cared what you thought I would be loosing sleep at night... Im not.

You are just angry that I won't share my toys... As I have said before.... If I share my toys they will be taken away. I have promised I would not share, so I am not in spite of you and a few others taunting me...

I would have hoped that some people would have respect for the fact I have not folded and simply revealed my sources.

If I had revealed my sources then RD would not be off on his little jaunt tonight...

If you remember the invite that was posted here came from Me!

If I hadn't carefully shared my material in a limited fashion with others; then much of what RD has developed would not have come to fruition.

If I had just spread everything around, I and consequently everyone here, would have been cut off months ago. And believe me... Knowing what I know, it has been very difficult not to just spill the beans.

Do you think that I like to be taunted and insulted?

So shut up asshat or I will take my toys and go home.

Won't share your toys? Are you five?

You're acting as if anyone actually cares about these two idiots. Outside of a handfull of people on this site, and probably a couple hundred of their supporters, nobody gives a shit. I belong to a club that lives for one thing: Racing sailboats. The membership eats, breathes, and sleeps sailing. Wanna guess how hot this topic is there? Newsflash, nobody fucking cares. You might think that in a club dedicated to sailing, and only sailing, the hippie duo might be a talked about subject. These two will get less press coverage than that kid in Aus that destroyed his parents house while they were away.

But please, continue on with the tinfoil hat bit. It's far more entertaining than Reid and Soanya.

These two will get less press coverage than that kid in Aus that destroyed his parents house while they were away.

They'd be in pig heaven with 2% of that kid's coverage. Now it seems that I usually see about 25 "guests" at their website. Assuming at least 12 of those are Hovians that routinely keep the site open to bump the number (which I would insist they do), that leaves 12-13 interested people right now... in a country with 90,000,000 internet users. But this is global.

The marketing of 1000 Days has been an abysmal failure. If the "whole" story gets to the media, it will be the best thing that could happen for them; it will give their web traffic a tremendous boost. Americans love C O N T R O V E R S Y. It will be very interesting to see how they try to generate some fresh support out of that.... and I hope they understand it will have to be done differently from what they have been doing.

I met quite a few people, there was some pressing on my real name, but not too hard.

You mean like ... normal people introducing themselves? I really can't believe you still wouldn't tell people your name. Do you even have an inkling of how pathetic that is? What's next? You're going to start wearing a red cape when you leave the house? "Here I come to save day!" How will you or could you face the people you met there if you ever saw them in a different situation--which wouldn't even be that unlikely if you're really a sailor? What do you think they think of you? What do you think that couple you met downstairs said about you on the drive home? "Boy, Reid has some weird friends," probably.

Do remember Ugly George, who used to walk around the city with a video camera and try to get women to pull their shirts up? That's about how creepy you are.

You mean like ... normal people introducing themselves?

You've reminded me how strange I've always found it that the Mission Control staff don't want their names "exposed" on the website. I'd expect them to be proudly associated, but it sure doesn't "read" that way. I've occasionally tripped into somebody's name, like Joe Barello's, where he is pictured setting up the computer system, but that's it. That, along with the vague "Donate to Reid Debt" has always been a big negative to me.

You've reminded me how strange I've always found it that the Mission Control staff don't want their names "exposed" on the website. I'd expect them to be proudly associated, but it sure doesn't "read" that way. I've occasionally tripped into somebody's name, like Joe Barello's, where he is pictured setting up the computer system, but that's it. That, along with the vague "Donate to Reid Debt" has always been a big negative to me.

Agreed. They should all have their names on a masthead somewhere on the site. Otherwise ... it's creepy. Like "RD".

Hey RD, did you estimate the attendance at the reception. If so, I missed it. Also, did you happen to ask Soanya if she appreciated the work being done by MET595? He's getting a little peeved about the lack of attention.

You mean like ... normal people introducing themselves? I really can't believe you still wouldn't tell people your name. Do you even have an inkling of how pathetic that is? What's next? You're going to start wearing a red cape when you leave the house? "Here I come to save day!" How will you or could you face the people you met there if you ever saw them in a different situation--which wouldn't even be that unlikely if you're really a sailor? What do you think they think of you? What do you think that couple you met downstairs said about you on the drive home? "Boy, Reid has some weird friends," probably.

Do remember Ugly George, who used to walk around the city with a video camera and try to get women to pull their shirts up? That's about how creepy you are.

Cheesus, you are really grasping at straws. This is Anarchy, shit for brains. I don't answer to you or any other fucktard on this site. Why in the name of God would I reveal my identity when there are psychotic fucks like you in our midst.

I could have walked in there with an assumed name and said I was a reporter or fan motivated to show up by the harsh treatment 1000 days was getting here on SA. No one was checking ID's. I introduced myself as RD because that's all a part of this game. Even after the high intensity shit fight the past couple days about my going, I decided to crash the party, alone, as the antagonist that I am and not hide behind my real name. Think about that for a while and it just might make sense.

For all I know, I may have met you last night. Perhaps you were coached to be on your best behavior, or more likely chained up in a back room until I left. Why in the world would I want to have some psycho like you know my real name, let alone half the people here on SA? If you were there last night, you know that I didn't wear a dog mask and only put on the sunglasses for a second picture with Soanya. If in fact you were there, then shut the fuck up. You could have approached me and asked me anything you like and I'd have answered honestly as long as it was on topic.

The couple I spoke in depth with would never have referred of me as Reid's "friend". They knew when I showed up that I didn't care for the man and I only reinforced that while we talked.

We've stirred the dust of Reid's past and I'm absolutely certain that it has gotten into the eyes of the mainstream press.

Is this what it comes down to? My name? Lead by example. Post your own name or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

EDIT - I just stopped into the new topic posted today "Tide Effects on Keels" and unfortunately, there's nothing in there about sleeping in my helmet during certain phases of the moon. :ph34r:

I decided to crash the party, alone, as the antagonist that I am and not hide behind my real name. Think about that for a while and it just might make sense.

What color is a chameleon on a miror? Think about that for a while and it just might make sense. :ph34r:

Hey RD, did you estimate the attendance at the reception. If so, I missed it. Also, did you happen to ask Soanya if she appreciated the work being done by MET595? He's getting a little peeved about the lack of attention.

The party was pretty spread out in different sections of a loft, but I'd guess about 40-50 people.

I didn't talk to Soanya about it, but I did bring it up with the Hovians. One of them said it was complete hypocrisy for anyone from SA to criticize Hovian fawning over carbon units when there's a complete thread devoted to MET595. ;) I think they're jealous that the 595's daily communications along with your work have been more interesting than the voyage and thus far has been the only thing of any real educational value. Would you and MET595 be interested in coauthoring a book? It would be easy to follow your book tour.

I invite any normal, rational people reading this to decide for themselves who the psycho is.

HAH! That has been decided weeks ago. You really are an idiot. Do you think there are any normal and rational people here (yourself included)? Why are you still here exactly?

RD, I love how the guy opening the door says "Oh, I know who you are, Regatta Dog." :lol: But what's more interesting is Mr. Alternator mentioning Reid's mental state "in his e-mails." Did you get a chance to talk to him and the Mrs. further once you got inside? I mean, after seeing things like Void Ho, there's not much doubt in my mind that he's already off the wall, but if these people are concerned about his mental state from his e-mails, he must be really off the wall. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to go nuts from solitude. Important thought is if MC would send out a rescue if they determine he's totally nuts or let him sail off into nothingness.

Thanks for the live coverage -- loved it! :ph34r::rolleyes:

The party was pretty spread out in different sections of a loft, but I'd guess about 40-50 people.

I didn't talk to Soanya about it, but I did bring it up with the Hovians. One of them said it was complete hypocrisy for anyone from SA to criticize Hovian fawning over carbon units when there's a complete thread devoted to MET595. ;) I think they're jealous that the 595's daily communications along with your work have been more interesting than the voyage and thus far has been the only thing of any real educational value. Would you and MET595 be interested in coauthoring a book? It would be easy to follow your book tour.

Wouldn't that be a hoot. SA's first book, a virtual sailing adventure thru the Southern Ocean by a vessel tracking unit.

PS: It would be a virtual sailing adventure thru the Southern Ocean by a bunch of nutz following a vessel tracking unit.

Who would have thought that Motorcycle's simple question

"I don't know if anyone else saw this article:"

would have generated over 270 pages of rants, abuse, conspiracies, investigations, opinions, facts, humour, photoshop magic and new words for the english language.

And, don't forget to add to that list, ignominious ignoramus trolls.

I invite any normal, rational people reading this to decide for themselves who the psycho is.

this is all quite simple. 1000 days at sea has a paypal button. they are soliciting money from the public. therefore the public has every right to investigate the merits of their request for funding.

i've never heard of a shore team for a vessel seeking sponsorship that remains anonymus; in fact, the very act of creating a blog invites speculation and requires the 'mission' to be forthcoming about the state of affairs aboard anne.

i'm with shife; all this cloak and dagger stuff is needless and beyond stupid. if sf actually had anything to contribute to the facts of this story; it would be to everyone's benefit to simply make them public. i can see no advantage to his insistance of secrecy other than to make himself a part of the story and continue his charade of being an 'insider'.

his connections seem to suck anyway, as none of his data is ever very enlightening. all the heavy lifting around here has come from those interested in finding the facts, not making themselves into a superhero.

i would guess that anyone who made a donation to 1000 days received the email inviting them to the party; one would have no need of a 'mole' to get this info.

that seems to be the desire of quite a few posters on this long winded thread; a wish to inject themselves into the story rather than chronicle or laugh at the whole shebang.

twombat, you couldn't sum up my perspective any better.

the speculation and storytelling of weird landlubbers without any humor and some bizarre, personal, unexplained vitriol don't add anything to this story either. the statements that the australians involved in soanya's removal are anything but on the up and up in every regard, is an affront and i truly wish the endless speculators on this thread who have nothing to contribute other than far fetched, ill informed blather, knock it off and take some sailing lessons.

if there is any positive spin on this ridiculous mission, its the interest its kindled in people who have no experience with boats; and though reid is certainly no poster child for seamanship; perhaps some of these people will be spurred into sailing.

nor can anything productive come of the merrygoround of trolls trying to distract everyone from the facts. i was very polite to mr. macay pointing out to him the facts of the deliniation of the southern ocean which i thought was his purpose in coming here. i have no idea what he hopes to accomplish here at this point other than insulting everyone.

rd, like many of us, would like a truthful portrayal of this 'oddysea'; no more, no less.

i'm right behind him, egging and helping him along.

i don't claim to be rational or normal, fratboy; especially by your dubious standards; i have yet to meet a sailor who is.

RD, I love how the guy opening the door says "Oh, I know who you are, Regatta Dog." :lol: But what's more interesting is Mr. Alternator mentioning Reid's mental state "in his e-mails." Did you get a chance to talk to him and the Mrs. further once you got inside? I mean, after seeing things like Void Ho, there's not much doubt in my mind that he's already off the wall, but if these people are concerned about his mental state from his e-mails, he must be really off the wall. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to go nuts from solitude. Important thought is if MC would send out a rescue if they determine he's totally nuts or let him sail off into nothingness.

Only Mr. Alternator alluded to any concerns about Reid's mental state.

Everything is relative. How could one tell if Reid was totally nuts?

I like the moniker assigned to the gentleman and want to say hello to Mrs. Alternator, who follows this thread. It was a pleasure meeting you both last night., Thanks for spending the time with me. I appreciate your candor.

rd, like many of us, would like a truthful portrayal of this 'oddysea'; no more, no less.

i don't claim to be rational or normal, fratboy; especially by your dubious standards; i have yet to meet a sailor who is.

As I have said before, I reject "truth"-it is never as much fun as speculation and rumor. Next you will want us to actually confront reality. Which is why I proudly refuse to wear the tin foil helmut. :ph34r:

Only Mr. Alternator alluded to any concerns about Reid's mental state.

Everything is relative. How could one tell if Reid was totally nuts?

I like the moniker assigned to the gentleman and want to say hello to Mrs. Alternator, who follows this thread. It was a pleasure meeting you both last night., Thanks for spending the time with me. I appreciate your candor.

EDIT - From Reids post today at 1000 days:

Sailing a big gaff rig schooner like this is a big athletic, skilled job, but I'm conservative and she's forgiving.

Has he got 3 years worth of Rush pod casts? Is receiving an absentee ballot at sea outside assistance? Oh.........never mind........convicted felons can't vote.

I've watched this trainwreck from almost the beginning and never felt the need to comment until now.

Fratboy - you are not only a psycho but it's very clear that you are irrationally jealous of the attention that RD gets on this thread - and rightly so. Regatta Dog has been one of the most interesting and entertaining parts of this whole thing. You, on the other hand, are the first person to get me to post - I just cannot believe what a total asshole you are and if I were RD, I'd never, ever let anyone know my true identity because of people like you.

Put all of us out of your misery please and just go away and find some other dog's leg to hump.

Newbie's unite? I wonder how many people read this thread on a regular basis but never post - let's hear from them (even at the risk of being told to Fuck Off.)

this is all quite simple. 1000 days at sea has a paypal button. they are soliciting money from the public. therefore the public has every right to investigate the merits of their request for funding.

i've never heard of a shore team for a vessel seeking sponsorship that remains anonymus; in fact, the very act of creating a blog invites speculation and requires the 'mission' to be forthcoming about the state of affairs aboard anne.

i'm with shife; all this cloak and dagger stuff is needless and beyond stupid. if sf actually had anything to contribute to the facts of this story; it would be to everyone's benefit to simply make them public. i can see no advantage to his insistance of secrecy other than to make himself a part of the story and continue his charade of being an 'insider'.

his connections seem to suck anyway, as none of his data is ever very enlightening. all the heavy lifting around here has come from those interested in finding the facts, not making themselves into a superhero.

i would guess that anyone who made a donation to 1000 days received the email inviting them to the party; one would have no need of a 'mole' to get this info.

that seems to be the desire of quite a few posters on this long winded thread; a wish to inject themselves into the story rather than chronicle or laugh at the whole shebang.

twombat, you couldn't sum up my perspective any better.

the speculation and storytelling of weird landlubbers without any humor and some bizarre, personal, unexplained vitriol don't add anything to this story either. the statements that the australians involved in soanya's removal are anything but on the up and up in every regard, is an affront and i truly wish the endless speculators on this thread who have nothing to contribute other than far fetched, ill informed blather, knock it off and take some sailing lessons.

if there is any positive spin on this ridiculous mission, its the interest its kindled in people who have no experience with boats; and though reid is certainly no poster child for seamanship; perhaps some of these people will be spurred into sailing.

nor can anything productive come of the merrygoround of trolls trying to distract everyone from the facts. i was very polite to mr. macay pointing out to him the facts of the deliniation of the southern ocean which i thought was his purpose in coming here. i have no idea what he hopes to accomplish here at this point other than insulting everyone.

Nicely said, Pip.

From today's log...Day 320: "Of course I miss Soanya, but the mission must go on and it's only two more years in a lifetime. I concentrate on the moment to moment requirements which call for my all. I have no plans to pick up anyone else...Solitude is interesting and only for a few more years. "

Only a few more years of solitude...compared to the life of a cloistered medieval European monk who has taken a lifetime vow of silence, sleeps on a bare wooden plank, and wears a hair shirt to mortify the flesh, Reid's planned solitary journey is a cakewalk since he is guided by no overarching spiritual commitment or Catholic guilt (at least none that he has elucidated on his website). (In order to increase the discomfort caused by the use of a hair shirt, they were sometimes even made of fine wire...holy shit, who knew the Catholics could invent such a useful device?! :) [link]

To my knowledge, Reid doesn't have a dreadfully uncomfortable hair shirt on board and certainly hasn't taken a monk-like vow of silence, as evidenced by the all-too glib blather in his logs. It's only his Spartan diet, physically solitary existence, and daily labor of keeping a 60-ton gaff rigger going 24/7 that makes him like a penance-seeking Medieval monk.

He is a solitary monk on a quest...but for what?

post-11970-1204911138_thumb.jpg

post-11970-1204911445_thumb.jpg

I've watched this trainwreck from almost the beginning and never felt the need to comment until now.

Fratboy - you are not only a psycho but it's very clear that you are irrationally jealous of the attention that RD gets on this thread - and rightly so. Regatta Dog has been one of the most interesting and entertaining parts of this whole thing. You, on the other hand, are the first person to get me to post - I just cannot believe what a total asshole you are and if I were RD, I'd never, ever let anyone know my true identity because of people like you.

Put all of us out of your misery please and just go away and find some other dog's leg to hump.

Newbie's unite? I wonder how many people read this thread on a regular basis but never post - let's hear from them (even at the risk of being told to Fuck Off.)

Si, what he said

yeah i know, STFU newbie

Regatta Dog has been one of the most interesting and entertaining parts of this whole thing.

Oh yes, it's so entertaining when he goes on and on about what a great father he is, and his superior work ethic and values; what a great, upstanding citizen he is.

He is a solitary monk on a quest...but for what?

Here is an online company in the UK (link) that actually sells sack cloth and goat hair hair shirts...and cat o' nine tail whips to strike your back if you feel you are not suffering enough.

A bit pricey, sure, but you cannot put a price on commitment to an ideal.

• A traditional sack-cloth hairshirt with belt and metal buckle - $100.00 USD. Price includes shipping.

• Cat of nine tails made from authentic twisted hemp. "Tails" finished with Capuchin knots (French monks of the Capuchin Order used this knot on the end of their cord belts). 14" (36cm) - $75.00 USD. Price includes shipping.

If we arrange to air drop these to Reid, would that negate the claim that it's a voyage done without external assistance? (I'm just asking.)

post-11970-1204913293_thumb.jpg

post-11970-1204913299_thumb.jpg

Dont feel so lonesome, I've poked fun at sailflat ever since he called in a SAR. Insider my ass, he wishes he were an insider then his faux pau could have at least held a bit of merit, but IMHO, he's just another internet psycho and REGATTATARD is right on his heels! If it were me that answered the phone when he called and said "it's regatta dog, let me in", I'd have met your stalking ass at the door with my little brothers "smith and wesson", for my own protection of course. Remember what happened to John Lennon when he came "downstairs"?

REGATTATARD and SAILFLAT= BOZOS

Everyone, can we please refrain from 9th grade insults and the like? Is it possible to have adult conversations? Before we know it, Fratboy will chime in with his characteristic monosyllabic grunts, egged on by the moronic Square Rigger McKay, and it will all start to spiral downwards, like a toilet flushing.

Why does anyone engage with these ignorami...if that's the plural of ignoramus. Perhaps it's ignoramuses. (Ah, yes, spell checker didn't put a red line under the latter; they are ignoramuses.)

Is there a way we can enforce an age and IQ requirement to keep the trolls out?

I'd have met your stalking ass at the door with my little brothers "smith and wesson", for my own protection of course. Remember what happened to John Lennon when he came "downstairs"?

Now I know why I got my pistol permit; to defend myself from fucktards like revolutioned breeze....

Everyone, can we please refrain from 9th grade insults and the like? Is it possible to have adult conversations? Before we know it, Fratboy will chime in with his characteristic monosyllabic grunts, egged on by the moronic Square Rigger McKay, and it will all start to spiral downwards, like a toilet flushing.

Why does anyone engage with these ignorami...if that's the plural of ignoramus. Perhaps it's ignoramuses. (Ah, yes, spell checker didn't put a red line under the latter; it is ignoramuses.)

Is there a way we can enforce an age and IQ requirement to keep the trolls out?

There you go again, first you accuse me of being Jessie, then you accuse me of being a Hovian, then you accuse me of being part of MC. Keep slinging enough shit and maybe some of it will stick? I've informed you dumbasses numerous times that I live in Texas, I'm not a Hovian, (to me, this is like watching a car race and waiting for the "big one" to happen) and that I'm not a part of MC. But in the same breath, they have now developed laws to protect mankind from internet stalkers like sailflat and regattatard. You two obsessed motherfuckers really should get a life and not try to make some strangers you flame on an internet message board a part of your miserable lives.

I'm made of rubber and you're made of glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

RD, that stuff worked back in 5th grade (etc.), so, yeah, I don't see any reason it won't work now too! :lol: It certainly is at they level they can understand.

Perhaps the eds can set up some kind of IQ test to screen out potential participants int his thread. Of course, the easiest thing is to simply put them on ignore, but they're fun to swat, like pesky buzzing mosquitos.

Peter

There you go again, first you accuse me of being Jessie, then you accuse me of being a Hovian, then you accuse me of being part of MC. Keep slinging enough shit and maybe some of it will stick? I've informed you dumbasses numerous times that I live in Texas, I'm not a Hovian, (to me, this is like watching a car race and waiting for the "big one" to happen) and that I'm not a part of MC. But in the same breath, they have now developed laws to protect mankind from internet stalkers like sailflat and regattatard. You two obsessed motherfuckers really should get a life and not try to make some strangers you flame on an internet message board a part of your miserable lives.

Sir, if you care to read what I wrote, and what you wrote in reply, you will see that my calling you and similar folks "ignoramuses" and "trolls" is correct. I didn't say that you were "part of MC" or a "Hovian"; I don't have a clue or care where you live (but it is a pity that you live in Texas --just my opinion); and I don't have a clue who Jessie is, nor do I care.

I said "ignoramuses" and "trolls". Which part didn't you understand?

Ten cat o' nine tail lashings for failure at basic reading comprehension. And ten more for not going away.

(Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...don't you all just hate those pesky commercials? It's all part of prime time TV drama, however.)

Dont feel so lonesome, I've poked fun at sailflat ever since he called in a SAR. Insider my ass, he wishes he were an insider then his faux pau could have at least held a bit of merit, but IMHO, he's just another internet psycho and REGATTATARD is right on his heels! If it were me that answered the phone when he called and said "it's regatta dog, let me in", I'd have met your stalking ass at the door with my little brothers "smith and wesson", for my own protection of course. Remember what happened to John Lennon when he came "downstairs"?

REGATTATARD and SAILFLAT= BOZOS

Most of us are just having a good old time and then a few Newbie assholes come along.....Ever hear of the term "stick in the mud" or "party pooper".....anyhow...... post-22200-1204915824_thumb.jpg

Maybe this will lighten up you retarded assholes.........

And, maybe, just maybe, this will lighten up you tribe of retarded assholes.

Start here and keep going (there's a lot to go through). (It's OK if you have to mouth the words; we won't tell anyone.)

Perhaps the eds can set up some kind of IQ test to screen out potential participants int his thread.

So would we have to go high or low to participate?

And would some be grandfathered based on the quality, or lack there of, of previous posts? :rolleyes:

We did. You are.

Now, on a much lighter note, RD you conducted yourself last night with grace and aplomb. In light of this, I hereby award you this Friday photo of a blonde pole dancer.

Enjoy!

post-10935-1204918568_thumb.jpg

OK, now we've got the MC tandem thing working -- fratboy and tdBF convolutedbreeze. For anyone new here, these two are hovians trying to inflitrate our ranks, trying to distract us for some reason. Must mean that someone has hit the nail on the head with an observation that has been made recently. Perhaps RD heard something that he doesn't realize the importance of yet. Mr. Alternator's slip of the tongue (which, I might add, may have been cut off by now). Perhaps it's the documentary...

Day 320 Current Questions

Friday, 07 March 2008

Wind 10 knots SE, Course S, Speed 2 to 3 knots, Position 41° 50' S by 120° 28' E

I will try to answer a few of the current questions. Soanya's leaving has dramatically affected the journey in that now I am alone. Over the many years that I prepared to do the Mars Ocean Odyssey I always thought I would have people with me. If for some reason they had to get off, we wouldn't really be up in space and I could let them off. I knew I had to prepare myself and the boat to sail on alone. Of course I miss Soanya, but the mission must go on and it's only two more years in a lifetime. I concentrate on the moment to moment requirements which call for my all. I have no plans to pick up anyone else.

Sailing a big gaff rig schooner like this is a big athletic, skilled job, but I'm conservative and she's forgiving. It took me 30 years to learn. Solitude is interesting and only for a few more years. I want to make the most of it and grow and learn. I comunicate and have a lot of well wishers who give me good support.

We are headed under Tasmania and then over New Zealand. Cyclone season in the South Pacific ends April, so I think our timing is good. I migrate like the giant sea turtle and live on the sea instead of the land.

Reid

Cheesus, Weid, you've got Squawk to rub, you've got Mast-Who-Talks-To-You, and you've got Ivy to caress you. Oh, and you've got Anne "to ride." How many more people do you want with you? Alone? That's barely alone.

Day 320 Current Questions

Friday, 07 March 2008

Wind 10 knots SE, Course S, Speed 2 to 3 knots, Position 41° 50' S by 120° 28' E

"We wouldn't really be up in space and I could let them off."

Nah, really?

It's interesting how he still clings to the charade (fantasy?) of the space analagous mission thing...without any rigorous controls/parameters to at least try to simulate parts of such a voyage. In my heart of hearts, I really do believe such a quasi-simulation (notice I say "quasi") could be done...but it would take a hell of a lot of rigor to make it credible and scientific. (I know this has all been hashed out before here, but I still can't believe he clings to the space travel connection thing.)

OK, now we've got the MC tandem thing working -- fratboy and tdBF convolutedbreeze. For anyone new here, these two are hovians trying to inflitrate our ranks, trying to distract us for some reason. Must mean that someone has hit the nail on the head with an observation that has been made recently. Perhaps RD heard something that he doesn't realize the importance of yet. Mr. Alternator's slip of the tongue (which, I might add, may have been cut off by now). Perhaps it's the documentary...

Aseawolf, you are starting to take this all to seriously......unless of course your just kidding.

SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT SOME OF THESE CONVOLUTED ASSUMPTIONS MADE BY THE PSYCHOS?........THIS MFER THINKS I'M PART OF MC.....YOU SIR, SHOULD HAVE NOT EATEN THAT CHEESEBURGER THAT WAS LACED WITH LSD....YOUR DELUSIONS STILL RENT SPACE IN THAT VOID ABOVE YOUR SHOULDERS.....DUMBFUCK.....KEEP ON ACCUSING ME OF BEING PART OF MISSION CONTROL AND I'LL USE UP ALL OF THE BANDWIDTH AND YOU SON OF A BITCHES WILL BE POSTING YOUR RANTS AND RAVES ON A SHITHOUSE WALL WITH A SHARPIE!

Documentary?

Peter, Peter, Peter, did you go into brain fade from regressing back to catholic school daze or did you miss it? See Sailflat's comments from yesterday and keep an open mind.

And please believe Weid does cling to the space analogous connection BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING NUTS!

Aseawolf, you are starting to take this all to seriously......unless of course your just kidding.

Swan, you should know me by now! :blink:

SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT SOME OF THESE CONVOLUTED ASSUMPTIONS MADE BY THE PSYCHOS?........THIS MFER THINKS I'M PART OF MC.....YOU SIR, SHOULD HAVE NOT EATEN THAT CHEESEBURGER THAT WAS LACED WITH LSD....YOUR DELUSIONS STILL RENT SPACE IN THAT VOID ABOVE YOUR SHOULDERS.....DUMBFUCK.....KEEP ON ACCUSING ME OF BEING PART OF MISSION CONTROL AND I'LL USE UP ALL OF THE BANDWIDTH AND YOU SON OF A BITCHES WILL BE POSTING YOUR RANTS AND RAVES ON A SHITHOUSE WALL WITH A SHARPIE!

Why are you screaming?

OK, you asked for it:

YOU ARE A PART OF MC --IN FACT, THE BRAINS BEHIND THE WHOLE OPERATION, WHICH IS WHY IT IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE.

Satisfied? :lol: (By the way, it's "sons" of bitches, not son of "a bitches" --sons is plural. Unless you meant bitches in the possessive, in which case you don't need the "e", for example, you son of a bitch's loins, or you son of a bitch's womb. But I think were trying --very hard, as ever-- to refer to us all collectively.)

Relax, it's Friday...no need to get so worked up. Almost beer time. You are taking this a bit too seriously.