Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

they'll win, you won't

Nice post, but about them and me, your wrong.

I always win. I'm the one with the badge and gun.

heh-heh. Put that in your paranoid pipes.

YAWP, paranoid puppies! I want to hear you YAWP!

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

Thanks, Mister 44 Post per Month. Only a fool actually works for his money. At least you're sort of on the mark.

...because how many posts I have per month has everything to do with the content of my actual post. FYI, I make a fine living thank you very much and manage to sneak in 44 ppm at the same time.

...because how many posts I have per month has everything to do with the content of my actual post. FYI, I make a fine living thank you very much and manage to sneak in 44 ppm at the same time.

Only dupes work for a living. Or need to.

Cheers middle class hos!

Void Hos!

Paranoid Void Hos!

Boombastic needs to be a class project here.

He seems to hold Reid in contempt, but also seems to hate everyone else.

He is likely a Reid supporter taking on a role to try and hose this thread.

If he isn't, why would he even give two shits about the collision theory and spend so much time on it?

Unless he is a new sock puppet for .... can't bring myself to mention him :o

So what's the use in posting it....

Maybe some Hos didn't believe I actually found those coords for the Maersk Dunedin.

This proves I did.

Go dump a ship track for yourselves. Or maybe your PCs are all locked out of the site?

Po Hos.

Po paranoid Hos....

Ho Ho Ho!

Void Hos!

Are you the dude in the pissed cop video?

My friends that are cops/agents hate people that make them look like overbearing assholes.

HWSBI III!

Boombastic needs to be a class project here.

He seems to hold Reid in contempt, but also seems to hate everyone else.

He is likely a Reid supporter taking on a role to try and hose this thread.

If he isn't, why would he even give two shits about the collision theory and spend so much time on it?

Unless he is a new sock puppet for .... can't bring myself to mention him :o

You're all a part of the pantheon of Reid Stowe stoopidity.

NOW the crowd turns on the newcomer.

What's next? A warning?

Bark, paranoids, BARK! BARQUE!

Are you the dude in the pissed cop video?

My friends that are cops/agents hate people that make them look like overbearing assholes.

HWSBI III!

Wow, hello Mister 2.8 Posts a Day.

Where do you find the time to masturbate?

I'd like to propose a variation on the theme of when the tub goes down. Presumably, now that they have plenty of water and, as Soanya says, all the fish they need for the "southern ocean voyage" they are on their way south. So - first challenge: when will they break 40 degrees south? Fifty? Sixty? Will they make fifty? Next, will they be knocked down or will they break up? Or will the cracks open wide so they simply ooze down? Next - will they get a message off asking for help? Or will they tough it out the way they did after hitting the Dunedin?

But the real challenge is this: when will Stowe and Ho say they can't make it to the southern ocean because of 1) unfavorable winds or 2) unfavorable currents or 3) Stowe's heart attack or 4) Soanya's yeast infection or 5) one of them kills the other (which one is another possible challenge but I think the answer is too obvious)

This post nails it.

These people are wanna globotrash wannabe pseudo sophisticates, dabblers in the precious rarefied atmosphere of nonlinear buffoonery and associational specialness. Even the knife for cutting his fish is precious and filled with deeper meaning and it's from FRANCE. Can't get much specialerer than that. But Reid's an extra-special kind of charismatic guy. His kind attracts people who've been damaged in some way; who seek alternatives to facing the truths about themselves by surrounding themselves with others like them; thus the mutual admiration and self-admiration circle-jerks are kept alive forever and forever. Especially among people who don't actually do work for a living -- they're the only ones who can afford such narcissism, which is, in fact, their currency. Because they are arteests, Arteests, ARTEESTS!

Void Ho, beatches. May strange deep-water fish eat their brains.

Skip the first sentence, if it confuses you; you guys think JESSE wrote that?

...paranoid, much?

so that you know there are still a couple of the faithful out there, these are the comments to Stowe and Ho's post about the giant fish they caught (there's an earlier one that is worth reading, as well. Mahi mahi mate romantically and caused emotional problems for the poster. He'd caught one and its mate circled his ship for hours, looking balefully up at the deck while hoping .... The poster could no longer fish after that experience.) anyway - here are the latest comments on the blog site:

Anonymous said...

I love your last statement..it fits me perfectly............We humans are both afraid to die and afraid to live. Soanya, I hope you will write a book when this is all done. Your post are so easy to read.. Ried, yours are alittle more complex..hehe

I wish you both a safe trip and read your blogs everyday

3:27 PM

pw said...

How do you dry the fish and store them?

4:08 PM

dadw5boys said...

In planning you trip after you round the horn of Africa you might want to plan to stay away from the Oil shipping lanes as much as possible.

It looks like the USA may attack Iran soon. So with all that military hardware and very scared people watching for Aircraft attacks your small ship might get run over. That area is crowed with oil and military vessels right now.

Got any metal up on the mast to reflex radar signals?

He'd caught one and its mate circled his ship for hours, looking balefully up at the deck while hoping .... The poster could no longer fish after that experience.

Uhhhh.

You need psychological help.

And that is NOT a 50lb Dorado.

This is a 55lb (found on some random charter site):

p_04_Cabo-125.jpg

I'm simply calling bullshit on the statment that had the sprit failed from sailing loads it would have been bent straight back, because I know that to be untrue.

obviously this is correct - unless the whole rig falls straight aft, once the load is off the headstay the gear will fall to one side, even without a bobstay

thought again on my last post - likely reid didn't or couldn't adjust the bobstays when he put the new forestay on. and the long bobstay is at such a hot angle, that it would need to be pretty tight to do much (the short looks worthless), and I doubt there is much on that hull that can be made tight (even if tried - likely didn't), the new gear being the sole exception. So the bowsprit tube took the new, higher load and started being continuously worked even in light conditions when they went sailing. After 50 days or whatever it was, a minor shock (the ship's wake) snapped the bottom half of the tube at the stem (where salt water might pool & rust was hidden by the hull?) and the sprit just bent over.

well, whatever. but let me revise one conclusion - it does somewhat matter whether this was a collision or not. Mistakes happen all the time - I've made more than my share of idiotic moves, and certainly will make more, sadly. If he hit a ship, then very stupid, but that doesn't increase the chance he'll hit another.

but if the problem is a severe, systematic lack of maintenance and poor equipment, then major failure is more/less predictable.

Traci is right - if these guys do head to the southern ocean, then the story isn't just about them - it's also about the unnecessary cost and risk of a long-distance rescue - the MSM should get involved in the countries that could be affected, and contact reid & see if could be persuaded to stop in cape town.

ROBIN-ohoh Swan70 and Mr.boombastic are posting and logged on at the same time. How do you explain that?

It's called tabbed browsing. Rank cunts such as yourself with multiple screennames can have all of their aliases logged on at one time if they so choose.

This is totally fucking ridiculous

i just googled myself.....no pics....nothing....i must not exist

Yes you do, I googled and found out that you are a 21 year old female body builder- bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/kaatn/comment.php

Web research is so accurate. Life has taught me that myth and rumor are much more fun than any kind of truthyness. ;)

It is indeed a sorry thing to hear one with a badge and gun talk like this.

--

OGR

What I find fascinating about this whole huge argument over the bowspirit is that no matter what explanation that the Stowe camp has for its failure, it still puts shit on the face of Stowe.

1) It failed due to poor maintenance - Capt Crunch should have not used it if he hadn't properly inspected it prior to departure, poor preparation.

2) It failed due to overloading due to possible scooping water - Shouldn't have had so much sail area up at the time, poor seamanship.

3) He hit a huge 1000 ft cargo ship thats lit up like JFK airport and is louder than a freight train in a tunnel - Poor Seamanship period.

So keep making excuses for his ineptitude. Its amusing to read. Its like trying to argue "what smells worse, cat shit or dog shit?"

WORD

Let's stop the freek'in bickering about the details. We all vehemently agree that Redi is a nutcase. Who the fuck cares whether he hit the ship or not? I doubt anyone is going to know for sure. Either he did and he's an idiot, or he didn't and he's an idiot.

Personally I think he was fast asleep and doesn't really know what happened. When he saw the freighter he soiled his shorts.

Wow, hello Mister 2.8 Posts a Day.

Where do you find the time to masturbate?

I work shitheel. I don't scoot around the living room in my moms Hoveround yelling "MA, MEATLOAF!". I would rather have 2 posts a day(and a life) that were either funny or usefull than the anal sepage coming from your posts. COME UP WITH FACTS OR GO DOWN IN FLAMES SHAGY!

obviously this is correct - unless the whole rig falls straight aft, once the load is off the headstay the gear will fall to one side, even without a bobstay

thought again on my last post - likely reid didn't or couldn't adjust the bobstays when he put the new forestay on. and the long bobstay is at such a hot angle, that it would need to be pretty tight to do much (the short looks worthless), and I doubt there is much on that hull that can be made tight (even if tried - likely didn't), the new gear being the sole exception. So the bowsprit tube took the new, higher load and started being continuously worked even in light conditions when they went sailing. After 50 days or whatever it was, a minor shock (the ship's wake) snapped the bottom half of the tube at the stem (where salt water might pool & rust was hidden by the hull?) and the sprit just bent over.

well, whatever. but let me revise one conclusion - it does somewhat matter whether this was a collision or not. Mistakes happen all the time - I've made more than my share of idiotic moves, and certainly will make more, sadly. If he hit a ship, then very stupid, but that doesn't increase the chance he'll hit another.

but if the problem is a severe, systematic lack of maintenance and poor equipment, then major failure is more/less predictable.

Traci is right - if these guys do head to the southern ocean, then the story isn't just about them - it's also about the unnecessary cost and risk of a long-distance rescue - the MSM should get involved in the countries that could be affected, and contact reid & see if could be persuaded to stop in cape town.

There is plenty of data to show that there is a> a severe, systematic lack of maintenance and poor equipment, and major failure is more/less predictable. and b> he is obviously not paying enough attention and the next time he crosses path with a freighter, it is likely he won't be so lucky.

Mr.B - Don't let Robin get under your skin, he is an angry man in a wheelchair.

We must only feel sorry for the poor guy who can no longer sail (if he ever did) and gets his kick's berating other people.

Again, swandick, you are the biggest asshole on the face of the earth for mentioning someone's handicap! If anyone out there knows who this fuck is, beat the shit out of him for being so disgraceful!

Robin has bested you time and again and all you can do is retaliate with INSENSITIVE remarks about him being in a wheelchair. You are such a loser. :(

It is indeed a sorry thing to hear one with a badge and gun talk like this.

--

OGR

My badge is a Dick Tracy, my gun is nine and thick.

But I accept your apology.

"You should use some of all that fightin' terra money<strike/> that's been looted from the American people</strike> to git yerselfs some computers that just surf straight onto them pertekted corporate Web sites."

Paranoids.

But I agree, RS is an idiot and a danger to himself and his crew ho.

I'll just stop right there.

Again, swandick, you are the biggest asshole on the face of the earth for mentioning someone's handicap! If anyone out there knows who this fuck is, beat the shit out of him for being so disgraceful!

Robin has bested you time and again and all you can do is retaliate with INSENSITIVE remarks about him being in a wheelchair. You are such a loser. :(

That is pretty low.

Swanny's a Keyboard bully from King of Pussia.

Busting on a person because of a disability should be a banable offense. I piss on people, but it's because they're acting like idiots to me, not because of any particularly apparent physical or mental condition. Or lack thereof.

It's called tabbed browsing. Rank cunts such as yourself with multiple screennames can have all of their aliases logged on at one time if they so choose.

Wrong!

And once again, P-p-p-p-p-p-p-pARA-Noia will dest-roy ya...

A collision with the containership would likely have left a good bit of paint transfer to the pulpit and bowsprit, and likely the jib would also show stains residue from the contact.

Also the extent the sprit and pulpit are pushed in shows that the bow of the schooner also had contact or was only inches away- very unlikely that the Void would have just bounced clear of any further contact. I would have expected that the schooner would have been pushed to starboard and dragged along the side of the vessel with more damage to the hull and rig.

Don't know why Roid would make something like this up, but the damage in the pic is not consistent with the story.

post-22270-1191346661_thumb.png

"You should use some of all that fightin' terra money<strike/> that's been looted from the American people</strike> to git yerselfs some computers that just surf straight onto them pertekted corporate Web sites."

?????

"I got nuthin..."

Some SA buddies told me to read this thread and after breezing through for a cliff notes version I need to change my undies!!

All this talk about parmesan cheese makes me want to go home, put on new pants, heat up that pasta and read this thread more.

Thanks Shife!!!

You're great. You don't argue the point that my personal experience proves you wrong on- the fact that if the sprit just simply failed while sailing, it would not be straight up, it would be angled off as it was in the picture. Instead you attempt to counter my comments by suggesting that since Google does not have pictures of it, it must not be true. Following that logic, since Google has no pictures of the collision, it must not have happened, right?

Look I'm not saying the collision happened or it didn't. I'm simply calling bullshit on the statment that had the sprit failed from sailing loads it would have been bent straight back, because I know that to be untrue.

1) Personal experience is subjective, not factual -- it proves nothing. Why would the sprit be angle off like it is? Because you don't want me to be correct? fact: you don't know what happened and neither do I. My efforts have centered on placing the container ship near the Cheese Scow. I have done that. That's all I've got to add. Keep arguing at the wind if you wish, but just because what I say doesn't absolutely unequivocally support your position that our Reid Koresh is the mightiest shitbag of them all, is no reason to go after me. Mongrel.

2) I don't know if anybody has touched on this yet except in passing, but wouldn't Captain Fantastic and his slumbering ho have been plastered against their respective nearest bulkheads/cabinets/portholes/boat fixtures if they'd actually HIT SOMETHING? Since the hairy log they ride was probably floundering along at the speed of the current, a collision probably wouldn't stop or deflect them all that fast, especially as heavy as the Bondo Built boat is.

That is all. Go back to your paranoid ravings.

Our prayers for more protein in our diets has been answered by providence or luck or something. This morning, on this vast and large kinda sea thing, Soanya was polishing the shovel when she happened to look up from behind the front sail and spotted a bunch of bananas drifting by. They must have fallen from a freighter that we didn't run into last night. Soanya wanted to eat them right away, but prudence dictates that we save the bananas to feed the sea monkeys we started growing last week. We are both looking forward to a nice monkey and sprout salad ..... with cheese.

Can't we all just get along?

OK, this is the last comment I'm going to make about the two ships in the night. Whether or not they hit, there is no way on earth Sayonara, who has never been out of the Hudson on any boat, let alone that tub, is going to go back to sleep! She would be freaking out and screaming at Reid about what an asshole he is, and crying for her mommy!! My adrenalin would be so high I'd have to do laps around the rope-strewn deck! And Weed couldn't smoke enough to be able to go back to sleep, as he claims! They must have some great drugs on the POS! :lol:

Well, I was actually responding to Swan70, but thanks for taking the bait.

See? Even the loons don't know a hawk from a handsaw around here.

I've never been to King of Pussia, Pa.

Thanks for such an entertaining thread.

This is like an artificial intelligence simulation, except the other players are real (or at least they think they are.)

Thanks again!

QUOTE(jryan @ Oct 2 2007, 09:28 AM) *

That's the likliest, most rational theory I've heard yet. The Cheese Boat didn't hit the ship, but the ship was the first domino in a chain of failures, not the least of which was poor preparation. This is the closest thing to a real-world, plausible explanation of an accident such as this. No impact injuries on the Cheese Boat; no obvious paint transfer, only sounds heard aboard the Cheese Boat but no impacts felt (they would have felt something). blah blah.

By the power invested in me by SA and beer, I declare that we all put Boombastard on ignore and/or refuse to acknowledge or respond to his posts. This will increase the level of discourse in this thread from annoying to the SA standard of excellence (shit flinging, tits, beer, void-fucking-HO, etc etc)

Thank you for your cooperation in this vital matter.

By the power invested in me by SA and beer, I declare that we all put Boombastard on ignore and/or refuse to acknowledge or respond to his posts. This will increase the level of discourse in this thread from annoying to the SA standard of excellence (shit flinging, tits, beer, void-fucking-HO, etc etc)

Hear, hear...!

Ignore button... On... Check!

<edit> Wow! Makes the page load a lot quicker! <_< (Just kidding, it doesn't actually, but it sure seems like it)

Hero. NO nuts?

No stomach for a real discussion wherein you might come off badly?

That's big of you.

The lack of a warm welcome for you is due to the fact that this community is pretty intolerant of non-sailors. Your comments made it clear that you are not a sailor, so res ipsa loquitur.

Did Anyone notice the home country of the container ship that supposedly collided with the Cheese boat?

Maersk Dunedin

Cargo Ship

IMO Number: 9326782 Country: Liberia

MMSI Number: 636091049 Length: 294.0m

Callsign: A8IX7 Beam: 32.0m

Is there such a thing as coincidence?

SOooo, what's next? I mean can this get any more totally fucking ridiculous?

I have thought that we reached the max of TFR a couple of times before, but each time some lunatic proved otherwise.

Well, the subtitle of the thread is TFR -- maybe it just attracts that type.

;)

Time to move on.

Done here.... GayyyBi.. Mr. Boom.

as someone who has been following this since the begining, can we just get back to waiting for the Cheese Scow to sink, and posting the rantings of the lunatic Reid from the 1000 day site from time to time, especially when they seem that they are written during the peak of the trip.

It seems that the Roid-hovians have found the blog and are starting to put up inaine comments. Had a llok at the google analytics to see what has going on... The fellow leaving the comments spent most of his lunch hour poking around the site.

Still no feedback about the rescue mission though.... We estimate they should catch up them about Thursday.

FYI: We are at nearly 800 unique visitors from over 2100 visits already. Word seems to be getting around... People are finding it through sailnet, myspace, facebook, blogspot, wikipedia, and google search! Post links to the blog everywhere and spread the word around. Last I looked we were 18 on the google search list, I want us to get up to the top 10.

Boombastic is OK. He's just playing with ya. Just like Reid is.

Maersk vessel was in the vicinity, bowsprit/bobstay failed due to fatigue and lack of maint. and rather than admit the vessel's weakness so early in the endeavor Reid, the ever clever one, duped even his naive mate that it was the result of a crash. That's why he was able to let it go and go back to sleep. Had there been a collision the Anne would have shaken severely, been spun or as others have suggested shown other marks of the impact.

Tune in tomorrow to the next thrill packed episode.

Everybody loves to watch a train wreck. This would not be nearly as much fun if 1000 day was a corporate funded venture on a new multi million dollar boat.

Does cheese float?

little yellow duck says: "Not Reggiano, anyways."

post-10716-1191355841_thumb.jpg

snbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBLACKWATR BACKDRAFT WORM INITIATED. CALIBRATE.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXIgnore like George Bush.

The bon voyage video clearly shows the boat leaving port with the 10 foot peacock wooden carving attached to the bow. It is later shown in a picture laying on the starboard deck. If the steel bowsprit came into contact with another ship with such force as to buckle it, then the fragile wooden carving would have been the first thing to encounter the other ship and smashed off. It wasnt. It was recovered intact.

It is far more likely that the bowsprit steel tube was heavily rusted inside, and buckled under the rigging pressures of the headsail. It is possible that the headsail caught a wave. Carrying a headsail of those dimensions at night, such that a wave could catch it is extremely bad seamanship. It is possible that the wave was slightly bigger than the rest, from the freighter, because the wave would be travelling from the left to the right as you looked forward on Anne.

Anybody who has flown an assymetrical or large headsail off a bowsprit/spinnaker pole knows that when the pole breaks, it always breaks upwards, and downwind, like this one did. In this case, it carried with it, the pulpit, and the carving remained intact.

A collision would have seen the carving smashed and not retrieved.

I cant believe that the captain of the ship would admit the collision and joke about it.

It would be a fundamental breach of his duty to fail to stop to render assistance, or to fail to report the collision, or enter it into his log. It would be a career terminating event for him to do so.

Nope, the headsail caught some water which bent the bowsprit.

Bad seamanship having too much sail up.

NO MYSTERY HERE, MOVE ON PEOPLE...

Buried in the Bogsite

With fuckerhead

Given this abomination sticks out from the 'sprit, wouldn't it be the first to go in a bingle? Also, in all the photo's of the failed 'sprit, this would appear the first in sequence. Notice how in all the photos the fitting for the bobstay .... has no bobstay attached? Did the shackle fail, the pin come out or wear through on his admittedly slack rig?

Done. ka----BOOM!

(Wait...was that the sound of a rusty sprit hitting a 1000' foot ship? Or just one of those "things that go bump in the night"?

Ghosts....

Why don't you see Scot Tempesta's name prominently in Sailing Anarchy? I guess he's just shy. If you look around, there's a "Contact" page, but no mention of Scot Tempesta as the founder or primary operator. But in other venues, he not above taking credit for "the most visited sailing website in the world". What you will find on SA is a very long "Legal" page on Terms and Conditions for using his web site. There are twelve long lawerly paragraphs, the first of which is "1. Copyright". It seems all of SA is copyrighted in 2001 even though most of it has appeared since 2001. Is that possible??? And "Any redistribution, retransmission, or publication of any material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner", e.g. Sailing Anarchy, e.g. Scot Tempesta. With a section entitled "Lies and Rumors" on SA, you must be prepared for lawsuits, yes?

Look at this post on the 1000daysofhell blog:

Anonymous said...

We're coming for you, asshole. Why don't you see Scot Tempesta's name prominently in Sailing Anarchy? I guess he's just shy. If you look around, there's a "Contact" page, but no mention of Scot Tempesta as the founder or primary operator. But in other venues, he not above taking credit for "the most visited sailing website in the world". What you will find on SA is a very long "Legal" page on Terms and Conditions for using his web site. There are twelve long lawerly paragraphs, the first of which is "1. Copyright". It seems all of SA is copyrighted in 2001 even though most of it has appeared since 2001. Is that possible??? And "Any redistribution, retransmission, or publication of any material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner", e.g. Sailing Anarchy, e.g. Scot Tempesta. With a section entitled "Lies and Rumors" on SA, you must be prepared for lawsuits, yes?

October 2, 2007 4:58 PM

This shows their attitude! These guys are not merely totally fucked up, but they are the ridiculous idiots who would sue you when they get on your boat and get wacked in the face by the boom after ignoring the warning to "get the fuck down."

Can you imagine: 1000 days at Sea vs Sailing Anarchy

The judge who has to rule over that one will have a very hard time to keep a straight face, when SA is accused of stealing copyrighted material of the cheeseschooner.

Look at this post on the 1000daysofhell blog:

Anonymous said...

We're coming for you, asshole. Why don't you see Scot Tempesta's name prominently in Sailing Anarchy? I guess he's just shy. If you look around, there's a "Contact" page, but no mention of Scot Tempesta as the founder or primary operator. But in other venues, he not above taking credit for "the most visited sailing website in the world". What you will find on SA is a very long "Legal" page on Terms and Conditions for using his web site. There are twelve long lawerly paragraphs, the first of which is "1. Copyright". It seems all of SA is copyrighted in 2001 even though most of it has appeared since 2001. Is that possible??? And "Any redistribution, retransmission, or publication of any material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner", e.g. Sailing Anarchy, e.g. Scot Tempesta. With a section entitled "Lies and Rumors" on SA, you must be prepared for lawsuits, yes?

October 2, 2007 4:58 PM

This shows their attitude! These guys are not merely totally fucked up, but they are the ridiculous idiots who would sue you when they get on your boat and get wacked in the face by the boom after ignoring the warning to "get the fuck down."

The judge who has to rule over that one will have a very hard time to keep a straight face, when SA is accused of stealing copyrighted material of the cheeseschooner.

Oh, it is boombastic

How do I "ignore" this fucking idiot....

0. Don't quote his posts :rolleyes:

1. View his profile

2. Click the menu below his name, and choose ignore

3. Confirm that you want to add the guy to your list of ignored users (on the right side)

I looked for some "lawyerly" pages over at the 1000 days sites - the web site and the blogsite. Couldn't find any. Couldn't find a copyright notice either.

Judge: It's in the public domain.

but judge, we want to copyright it now.

Judge: too late

Gavel: bang!

1000 Days at Sea Press Room - Informational brochure and high-resolution images are free for publication. For specific request, please contact \n press@1000days.net This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Whew!!!

Guess we have nothing to worry about. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

Ghosts....

What you will find on SA is a very long "Legal" page on Terms and Conditions for using his web site. There are twelve long lawerly paragraphs, the first of which is "1. Copyright". . . . .

And "Any redistribution, retransmission, or publication of any material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner",

Um, hello? BoomASStic?? What you will find on nearly EVERY web site is a very long legal page on terms and conditions . . . especiallly with the influx of spam and the selling of e-mails. . . .a "terms and conditions" page is standard web fare. This is not SA specific.

And really? You are actually questioning an individual's right to copyright original material? Ever picked up a book? And yes, I know SA is not a book, but again, standard publishing practice --both print and online -- is to copyright original material -- be it print or online. The copyright statement applies to all material on the site as of and subsequent to its creation date -- in other words, even though the statement was created in 1991, the statement holds true for all current content on the site.

What part of GO THE FUCK AWAY is not clear to you???

P.S. -- Robin: Public domain is a whole other issue -- but if it's out there with a statement that is is for public use and there is no published copyright statement, game on, theoretically, although if it can be proved the work is original, ownership is implied.

I looked for some "lawyerly" pages over at the 1000 days sites - the web site and the blogsite. Couldn't find any. Couldn't find a copyright notice either.

Judge: It's in the public domain.

but judge, we want to copyright it now.

Judge: too late

Gavel: bang!

Imagine the irony: SA getting sued, not for revealing the newest AC keel, or for some other new fancy secret design, but for using words and images belonging to Reid. The void says ho!

I really want Reid Stowe to come back for depositions. Holy crap, I'm laughing tears just thinking about that one!

Jesse, or whatever Moonie psycho you are, please sue the Ed. It would make my year.

The lack of a warm welcome for you is due to the fact that this community is pretty intolerant of non-sailors. Your comments made it clear that you are not a sailor, so res ipsa loquitur.

Jesus Clean, will you lay off the lawyer speak?! You've set my recovery back another six months. I'm sending you the bill for the rum.

Excellant train wreck though, ininit?

Jesus Clean, will you lay off the lawyer speak?! You've set my recovery back another six months. I'm sending you the bill for the rum.

Excellant train wreck though, ininit?

Story of the year on the internet. God I hope I have the motivation to write a nice 4000 word piece on this for Outside or another high-paying mag. This shit is gold.

Story of the year on the internet. God I hope I have the motivation to write a nice 4000 word piece on this for Outside or another high-paying mag. This shit is gold.

I hear cheese helps in the motivation - That and a large dubie - At least it does for reid... Look how much he is acomplishing as he is bobbing around going nowhere

God I love this place

I would like to Thank R Booth for starting the Cheese chat! We have had way to much fun with it.

I like the 200 pounds of Parmesan cheese thing. I just paid $17.85 a pound for some the other day. I guess that everyone has different priorities.

But I'd definetely spend some more cash for another inspection on that raft............

Gonna be some constipated fish on that sad day.

Oh no! You mean Reid didn't bring 200 lbs. of Raisins too!

It would be like the episode of Sinefield (SA being the cast of Sinefield) they all go to jail just for being bad people! :lol:

I would like to Thank R Booth for starting the Cheese chat! We have had way to much fun with it.

Oh no! You mean Reid didn't bring 200 lbs. of Raisins too!

Actually, he had 200# of grapes that went bad instead of turning into raisins. Bummer. Maybe he can use it as compost for the sprouts!

Actually, he had 200# of grapes that went bad instead of turning into raisins. Bummer. Maybe he can use it as compost for the sprouts!

That was his one and only chance to either make wine, or get on the pot. He screwed up on both. Now this has turned into nothing more than Quentin Tarantino's twisted version of a dieting commercial....

BTW, wouldn't the fukin' irony be that they shipwreck on the most desolate, barren and foodless stretch of coastline on the planet? And then have to fabricate an aquarium out of the toilet bowl to raise organically grown barnacles?............