Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

PUBLIC ADULATION, AND GRIFTER DRIFTER DOLLARS, from a naive non-sailing community that he can easily scam, like his days in NYC.

sorry for the run-on sentence...

And by the way, I was there during the time you claim he was supposedly running his "scam" in NYC. I remember Reid and Laurence working damn hard, probably harder than anyone else at Pier 63 except for John himself. I remember both of them working parties for John on Frying Pan, and then when they had their wedding, they mostly got gifts like $20 of lentils or a few kitchen knives. Their registry was at Zabars for crying out loud, a glorified supermarket!

So tell me BILLY, how do you KNOW that he was a "grifter" and running a "scam"? Who told you this? Did you actually think to pretend to be a journalist for 15 minutes and check your source? Did you ever call John Krevy to get his take on this?

Or is it "Hovian" of me to ask for verification of source? Am I using a standard "Hovian" tactic to actually request something other than hearesay?

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Peoples' names are all over their SA posts. They put them in all sorts of links inside their signature, their profiles, and they share them with those they respect. Since you are not a sailor, you garner no such respect. Since you are not a sailor, you don't take the time to read the sailing threads, which would introduce you to all sorts of people not worried about revealing their identities. For a sailor, those threads are much more interesting than this train wreck of a living docudrama broadcast on the online version of public access TV.

Oh yeah, I've seen some of these, but not here. I've already met a few people on SA who sent personal messages to me. And I've participated in other forums in other places where there is a mixture of both anonymous and attributed postings, everything from financial forums to motorcycle forums to sea-kayaking forums.

But this is the first time I've ever seen such an organized, cult-like adherence to some form of manufactured 'truth.'

And guess what ... no signatures here, no names here, no attributions here. Are you claiming that the posters of this thread used precognition to know that I, the "nonsailor" would come here and thus they knew not to use their real names because I didn't deserve to know due to my nonsailorship?

So let me ask you Mr. Clean, of the regular posters on this thread, how many do you know by name? Three? Less?

I know, you know a hundred people by name in the "Help me fix this cleat" thread, but I've noticed that those kind of posters tend to be a little sparse on this thread.

PUBLIC ADULATION, AND GRIFTER DRIFTER DOLLARS, from a naive non-sailing community that he can easily scam, like his days in NYC.

sorry for the run-on sentence...

And by the way, I was there during the time you claim he was supposedly running his "scam" in NYC. I remember Reid and Laurence working damn hard, probably harder than anyone else at Pier 63 except for John himself. I remember both of them working parties for John on Frying Pan, and then when they had their wedding, they mostly got gifts like $20 of lentils or a few kitchen knives. Their registry was at Zabars for crying out loud, a glorified supermarket!

So tell me BILLY, how do you KNOW that he was a "grifter" and running a "scam"? Who told you this? Did you actually think to pretend to be a journalist for 15 minutes and check your source? Did you ever call John Krevy to get his take on this?

Or is it "Hovian" of me to ask for verification of source? Am I using a standard "Hovian" tactic to actually request something other than hearesay?

Regatta dog needs to reply to this. I am otherwise occupied this evening....

I don't know what he just said...Love that ignore option!...but can't we get a more interesting sockpuppet on here?

Please?

Or pics of the Tensionometer at least?

Weid did mention his rigging the other day didn't he. That should be excuse enough.

I know this thread survives on it's Trolls. But would you guys stop feeding this one until he goes away. Please <_<

These idgits read a few pages and a self-professed experts all of a sudden. Sheesh

As for me, I just check any now and again to see if he's dead yet (luckiest fool to ever drift around the Horn)

WL

Weed must have put some of his Martian mates on it!!!.. :blink:

Now Mikey, do you get paid to post on here?

:lol:

I wish, based on my word-count I could do pretty well. No, I don't get paid to post here. Kind of a strange question, who would pay me to post here? Does Reid's group has the budget to hire operatives or something? I could use the dough, do you think they would pay me to do this?

Off the subject, but I read some of the posts written about me being a "landlubber" in the other thread. I may not fit King Klean's definition of a sailor, and if given a boat many of you probably have the skill to outsail me since I was more of a relaxed, noncompetitive sailor with wife and kids aboard.

But I'll accept any challenge from any person on this forum in a sea-kayak. Tough talk when they have five feet of freeboard and a few tons of fiberglass and balsa between them and the water. But I've found that it takes a different kind of person when the only thing between your ass and the swells is an eighth-inch of hypalon. I would like to see how Kaptain Klean does with getting into a swamped kayak in six foot swells or in paddling through a school of bluefish that pummel the boat like JiffyPop, or in paddling directly to the screws in order to surf the wake of a Norwegian Cruise Liner off of Sandy Hook.

Am I screwing with your world view there Klean? Did you want me to be some kind of sniveling accountant that cries when the boat hits 10-degrees of heel? Did your mutton-chops shrivel when I dared to suggest that perhaps many sailors are more comfortable in the armchair than in the bluewater?

But oh, I'm a troll right? I just go and hunt down people that insult Reid without even knowing him because I love the good fight right Dash? I'm just supposed to sit around with some spectacles on the end of my nose while all of you hardened sailors swig light beer like you paid for afternoon admission to a Valhalla theme park, right?

Goodness no, it's not something that actually CHALLENGED your lame "authority" on someone you don't even know and use half-truths to form a half-baked opinion from a semi-functioning logic center right?

And the bizarre irony of this whole circle jerk is that I keep getting "insulted" for supposedly "knowing everything" when in fact my intelligence is nowhere near the genius level of Red's 144, in fact I am of completely average intelligence. The truly sad part is that many of the "Anti-Hovians" actually believe that I am somehow more informed on some topics than the average person when in fact in a normal cross-section of a society I am somewhere on the lee-side of the bell curve.

In fact it seems that while I am writing from the place of the USA that supposedly built the concept of "redneck idjut" I seemed to have stumbled upon some virtual collection of dueling banjo players worthy of their own reality series for all somehow managing to have the exact same view in life, like they were programmed by a Japanese Para Para dance machine.

All I can say is that while many of you guys would prefer I not post here, I think there are others that are mildly amused by the words. But given that meaningful debate on this thread usually masquerades as amateur Photoshop work and captions that hit the mark about as often as a Yugo wins a road race, the truth is that y'all are starting to bore the snot out of me.

And if you expect me to be the resident guy you love to hate then I hope the "Anti-Hovians" can do better than this idiot parade.

Someone who claims to have sailing as a hobby and lives 4 hours from the ocean.

How quaint.

Don't mind me.

Maybe I shouldn't mind you after all. Because someone would have to explain to me how someone who uses a quote from Banksy in their profile can not possibly fathom that some people need to actually move around in order to accomplish something more with their life than hanging out on boats.

All I can say is that while many of you guys would prefer I not post here, I think there are others that are mildly amused by the words. But given that meaningful debate on this thead usually masquerades as amateur Photoshop work and photo captions that hit the mark about as often as a Yugo wins a road race, the truth is that y'all are boring the snot out of me.

Buh-bye then. Have a nice day! :)

Buh-bye then. Have a nice day! :)

Someone had the downright decency to give you a few fingers and -- presumably -- a functioning mind, and this is your reply? "Buh-bye"?

Couldn't you even be bothered to come up with something that wasn't lifted from a rerun of "Just Shoot Me"?

If you sail like you write, then a pond-skimmer could take you by half a length.

How quaint.

Don't mind me.

Maybe I shouldn't mind you after all. Because someone would have to explain to me how someone who uses a quote from Banksy in their profile can not possibly fathom that some people need to actually move around in order to accomplish something more with their life than hanging out on boats.

There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

The time has come:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: mikewofsey.

· View this post

· Un-ignore mikewofsey

Ahhhh! Much quieter now!

I know, you know a hundred people by name in the "Help me fix this cleat" thread, but I've noticed that those kind of posters tend to be a little sparse on this thread.

well ya see Mike...it goes like this.

This thread is about a bloke who you claim worked dilligently in preparation for this trip of his....and there are people here who understand that not to be the truth.

They didn't need to meet Reid...they simply had to look at his trusty vessel and know that seamanship was not foremost in Reids tiny mind. No sailor worth his salt leaves port in a wreck. Anne is an abomination as his tattered sails show. Science experiment??? Only in mould and barnacle growth but that was covered many times in the last few hundred years.

That said there are plenty of adventurers...like Reid...who stumble about the planet. C'est la vie.

Are they worth giving money to? No...but that doesn't stop idiots sending money to Nigerian email scammers now does it. Once again...c'est la vie.

The reason for derision here is hard learned...that you don't understand that is not surprising. You don't know anything about sailing.

The reason you are persisting here? Gawd only knows...this place tolerates all kinds. Including you.

Please check what you are talking about would be the only request you need to hear....so far you sound mighty uninformed on this your chosen subject and are therefore given the respect due. None.

Enjoy your spotlight of derision...good comedy is hard to find.

How quaint.

Don't mind me.

You obviously can't fathom much.

the previous postings about the Zhik girl having moths flying out from between her legs. Yeah ... my analysis of this circle jerk are "inane garbage"

Mike, you are such a hypocrite.

You throw rocks at us for posting 'Anonymously', whilst leaping to the defense of Zhik. WTF!!!!

Do you really believe that Zhik is her real name? Do you? Of course its not. She cowers behind the cloak of invisibility too.

Most of us have posted enough information that you could find out who we are if you really wanted to.

But not Zhik.

Yet you defend her!

She sits there staring out from her fancy aviator, never moving, never posting, never gettin' the girls out.

Just staring.

Look at her.

SAbanner.jpg

At first I thought she was undressing me with her eyes, BUT NO!

She was mocking me.

Bitch.

Those eyes just staring, the slightest Mona-Lisa-esque haunting smile.

Mocking. Mocking.

So I lashed out!

And you rush to her defense, blindly believing that Zhik is her real name. Ha!

Mike, Zhik will never post.

We will never know who she really is.

She is the same as the rest of us. (But with a smoken' rack)

But she must be bangin' someone high up, to get such a good spot at the top of the page.

Yet the Moths tell a different story.

Mike, you are such a hypocrite.

You throw rocks at us for posting 'Anonymously', whilst leaping to the defense of Zhik. WTF!!!!

Do you really believe that Zhik is her real name? Do you? Of course its not. She cowers behind the cloak of invisibility too.

Most of us have posted enough information that you could find out who we are if you really wanted to.

The folks at MC figured out who I was without much trouble. They even did some research on me and found me to be a rather "dull fellow". No big deal, that. They took it to another level, however, and expanded their research to include my parents, siblings, ex wife and children. I've got copies of 1000 days internal e-mails to prove it. One member of the MC staff was concerned enough to send copies along to me as a heads up.

Why would anyone want to be associated with a group who tries to use such extreme intimidation to silence criticism? It's cult fanaticism.

Mike - You have no idea what kind of Machiavellian fucktwats you're defending here, or do you? :ph34r:

So Reid and Laurence "worked parties" for Krevy on the Frying Pan. What does that mean?

I hope they did something once in a while as token payback for the privilege of berthing a 70' boat on the Hudson. Actually, how long is that bowsprit? Most facilities include that as LOA when determining slip fees. Probably got electrical and water hookup as well.

Did you have to pay to berth your fine vessel there?

And the bizarre irony of this whole circle jerk is that I keep getting "insulted" for supposedly "knowing everything" when in fact my intelligence is nowhere near the genius level of Red's 144, in fact I am of completely average intelligence.

I can hardly believe that I am actually posting on this thread (again). Who is this "Red" person with an IQ of 144? I hope like hell you do not mean "Reid".... I have met Reid in person and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that his IQ does not come any where close to 144. Average intelligence and intellect at best, and from all appearences the capabilities he might have natively possessed have been severely compromised by too many drugs.

So Reid and Laurence "worked parties" for Krevy on the Frying Pan. What does that mean? I don't know but I hope he didn't sing!

I hope they did something once in a while as token payback for the privilege of berthing a 70' boat on the Hudson. Actually, how long is was that bowsprit? (Fixed it for ya, red.) Most facilities include that as LOA when determining slip fees. Probably got electrical and water hookup as well. Of course he got them free, that's why he was there.

Did you have to pay to berth your fine vessel there? I doubt it. He was probably a member of the Manhattan Kayak Club, like WEid's other staunch supporter who used to post here and on 1000days blog when they allowed comments -- Bonnie a/k/a dogma.

And the bizarre irony of this whole circle jerk is that I keep getting "insulted" for supposedly "knowing everything" when in fact my intelligence is nowhere near the genius level of Red's 144, in fact I am of completely average intelligence.

I can hardly believe that I am actually posting on this thread (again). Who is this "Red" person with an IQ of 144? I hope like hell you do not mean "Reid".... I have met Reid in person and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that his IQ does not come any where close to 144. Average intelligence and intellect at best, and from all appearences the capabilities he might have natively possessed have been severely compromised by too many drugs.

He doesn't sound very bright in his satphone calls, or in his writings.....

There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

You should repeat that to yourself next time you pop into your "messing around" boat and have a look at your carbon fiber mast and your cockpit full of electronics and your synthetic-blend sail. A division of prols had to bust their asses to make it possible for us to play the role of enchanted prince.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell.

I don't know what he just said...Love that ignore option!...but can't we get a more interesting sockpuppet on here?

Please?

Or pics of the Tensionometer at least?

Weid did mention his rigging the other day didn't he. That should be excuse enough.

TENSIO~1.jpg_sml.jpg

The Red with an IQ of 144 is one of your own fellow Sailing Anarchists, Mr. Redboat.

If I was as smart as Redboat I sure wouldn't spend my brain on this forum.

They live in a glass house and are not throwing stones.

Can't say the same for y'all.

your comment doesn't make any sense; you must not understand the metaphor, glass houses.

if Mission Control or Reid Stowe were living in a glass house, that would mean transparency, not anonymity, whitewashing and deletion of facts.

hello, mr scientist? glass = see through?

the windows of mr. stowe's house have been lined with tin foil for years and years.

who is inside? who is Mission Control????

Mission Control is ANONYMUS, truly a history making first in sailing expedition shore teams; perhaps mr. stowe would like to add that to his list of records.

Reid Stowe paid the state a warrant for outstanding child support that was decades old, just before the new year.

why do you think it took so long to assume the fiscal responsibility for his own child and settle this debt?

was he TOO BUSY SURVIVING? that's his response to his latest child wondering what a daddy is.

are paypal 'donations' to 1000daysatsea now channeled to the 'bingo bango' account?

there is nothing honest, loving or forthright about the mars ocean oddysea 1000 days at sea voyage of the heart.

there won't be, until Reid comes clean about his motives and his past; something i understand is simply not possible for sociopaths.

The metaphor of Glass houses is not the transparency of the glass, but rather the fragile state of the structure. As in People in Glass houses shouldn't throw stones... Or else a stone might be thrown back and break your house.

Which to boil it down further is to say, if you don't want your life discussed due to anything in your past or present, then you should not say things about other people.

Carry on.

Yes, a sociopath would announce the birth of his son to the world with the words: MISTAKES HAPPEN

Sign me up for Comment #1 on Mike's list of what we say here: REID'S A JERK!

That's not an insult to the child ... Interferon was discovered by mistake, as was penicillin, teflon and vulcanized rubber.

One of the sweetest things I've ever seen is a mother who hugged her daughter at the old Winter Garden and called her "my favorite mistake."

Tell us JPlanet, were all of your children perfectly planned? Ours weren't.

Your point is well taken many children are "mistakes" But the private joke between a parent and a child while hugging each other cannot be compared to announcing to the world, Mistakes Happen.

The Red with an IQ of 144 is one of your own fellow Sailing Anarchists, Mr. Redboat.

If I was as smart as Redboat I sure wouldn't spend my brain on this forum.

Moi? I only offer the illusion of intellect.

Methinks, straining every braincell I can summon to the task, that you were referring to Red Viking.

So Reid and Laurence "worked parties" for Krevy on the Frying Pan. What does that mean?

I hope they did something once in a while as token payback for the privilege of berthing a 70' boat on the Hudson. Actually, how long is that bowsprit? Most facilities include that as LOA when determining slip fees. Probably got electrical and water hookup as well.

Did you have to pay to berth your fine vessel there?

Hi Redboat,

First off, yes, I paid for my docking, and it came with water and electric, as did Reid's. It was a better deal than Chelsea Piers Marina, but it was still several hundred dollars a month, and I had the less-than-desirable South side of the Pier, which was constantly buffeted by huge swells from the Fast Ferrries that ran to Jersey. Every morning, like clockwork, I would wake to a horrendous smack of the boat against the pier, I was tossed around like a cork fragment in a bottle of Nighttrain. Eventually, the situation got worse when they added more Ferry runs, and I eventually moved to my loft which was on 27th Street.

I tell you this to illustrate why John was happy to have Anne at that Southwest corner fo the pier. The weight stabilized it somewhat, and the boat damped some of that energy. I don't think that corner would have been useable by anyone else anyway, it needed a boat that was heavy and long enough to absorb the swells, but rough enough not be damaged by constant bashing into the pier. The only other craft on that side of the pier was the floating dock for the kayaks and skiffs, and eventually his fireboat.

As for Reid and Lawrence working, John was chronically understaffed when it came to those lightship parties, during the busy season he was booked back to back. What kind of work? Waitering, bartending, bar-backing, cleaning, hauling cases of beer from the road, security, making sure revelers didn't fall in, cooking, etc.. Just imagine the labor necessary to keep any typical nightclub in operation and you'll get the idea. Plus, he rented space IN the barge, he was trying to bring the barge up to city code to make it into a park and then he had his own electrical business. He was trying to do the impossible with Pier 63, on a shoestring budget, and he did a good job.

But why don't you give John a call and ask him about it, rather than rely on second-hand, heresay knowledge from me? Who knows ... a brief conversation with John might actually force you to modify a little chunk of your world view.

Methinks, straining every braincell I can summon to the task, that you were referring to Red Viking.

Ah, my apologies there Redboat ... I've never had much of a memory for alias.

Ah, my apologies there Redboat ... I've never had much of a memory for alias.

OK, your fervor often appears to diminish your ability to communicate with any degree of exactitude. Typical journalist these days, eh? I know it's tough coming up with these long winded pointless diversionary responses to every thought expressed on this thread so I guess we should cut you some slack.

By the way, plural of alias is aliases.

You should repeat that to yourself next time you pop into your "messing around" boat and have a look at your carbon fiber mast and your cockpit full of electronics and your synthetic-blend sail. A division of prols had to bust their asses to make it possible for us to play the role of enchanted prince.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell.

messing around boats in the yard;

snark

el toro(woodie)

lido

canoe

12' inflatable

super tech, eh?

i do cop to having dacron sails as i hate hang drying cotton ones

oh yeah, i keep a macgregor over at the marina, it dose has a carbon tiller extension.

ps, nice to see you back Elle

The time has come:

· View this post

· Un-ignore mikewofsey

Ahhhh! Much quieter now!

· View this post

· Un-ignore mikewofsey

This is so much better...

Mike - One last parting note. Based on the number of posts that now appear like this, I can only conclude that you are a Doug Lord-esque self-obsessed Asshat troll.

You know that every time I sail past a bunch of eco-freak Sea Kayakers, I always wish I had brought along a rifle with a scope...

No go fuck off to SeaKayakingAnarchy.com or feel free to play in Foiling Anarchy with Dougie.

Enchanted prince? The only person that disillusions themselves with bullshit like that seems to be you and people who own Mac26x's.

Enchanted prince? The only person that disillusions themselves with bullshit like that seems to be you and people who own Mac26x's.

He doesn't have a Mac26, he has a sea kayak -

paul_consol-400x267.jpg

This thread is about a bloke who you claim worked dilligently in preparation for this trip of his....and there are people here who understand that not to be the truth.

I see Evo, are you one of these people? If so, from whom did you receive your understanding? Did you think to verify some of this in any way?

They didn't need to meet Reid...they simply had to look at his trusty vessel and know that seamanship was not foremost in Reids tiny mind. No sailor worth his salt leaves port in a wreck. Anne is an abomination as his tattered sails show. Science experiment??? Only in mould and barnacle growth but that was covered many times in the last few hundred years.

I see, and your base the results of your marine survey on what?

I hoisted his old sails, and yes, they were old, they didn't have the crackle and pop that my new sails had, but they worked. And I don't think he would have turned down the gift of new sails, but he did his cruise on a microscopic budget, not everyone can afford new sails. And you claim he didn't plan for the sail, in the years I knew him, I only remember him planning for one thing, the thousand day sail.

That said there are plenty of adventurers...like Reid...who stumble about the planet. C'est la vie.

Are they worth giving money to? No...but that doesn't stop idiots sending money to Nigerian email scammers now does it. Once again...c'est la vie.

Did you or anyone you know give money to him and feel ripped off? Do you have evidence that he ripped off his sponsors? I have to buy a bit of advertising for my company, and most of that produces little or no results, if anything, the sponsorship packages he was offering were a decent value. Why not contact his sponsors and try to find the ones who feel ripped off by him?

The reason for derision here is hard learned...that you don't understand that is not surprising. You don't know anything about sailing.

And you know this how? Were you at Liberty Harbor North when I accidentally dropped my mast when I was taking it down for the haul out? Were you there when I had too much speed and nearly hit some rocks near Seagate? Did you see me in my Snark when I was ten and and capsized on Sloan's Lake? How did you form this opinion other than by reading what one your compadres tells you to say?

The reason you are persisting here? Gawd only knows...this place tolerates all kinds. Including you.

Please check what you are talking about would be the only request you need to hear....so far you sound mighty uninformed on this your chosen subject and are therefore given the respect due. None.

Enjoy your spotlight of derision...good comedy is hard to find.

I persist because I take pleasure in fighting arrogance and lemming-like sycophance in all of its varied forms. And people like you make it easy.

day-157-video-taping.jpg

Notice where the handle on the camera is as well as the LCD display? He's interviewing himself :lol: . The still camera that took the picture is probably on a timer.

Bingo-bango, Reid!

Speaking of bingo-BANGO - early start to the Hurricane season this year. I've been saying Reid'll be back on land by beginning of summer so as to avoid any really bad weather (excuses about sails, equipment, lack of a sea kayak life boat, etc).

I hoisted his old sails, and yes, they were old, they didn't have the crackle and pop that my new sails had, but they worked. And I don't think he would have turned down the gift of new sails, but he did his cruise on a microscopic budget, not everyone can afford new sails. And you claim he didn't plan for the sail, in the years I knew him, I only remember him planning for one thing, the thousand day sail.

Yer mum's underwear would make a fine sail, doesn't mean we'd use em.

One of the important skills to planning a voyage is prioritizing, your friend obviously lacks that skill.

I hoisted his old sails, and yes, they were old, they didn't have the crackle and pop that my new sails had, but they worked. And I don't think he would have turned down the gift of new sails, but he did his cruise on a microscopic budget, not everyone can afford new sails. And you claim he didn't plan for the sail, in the years I knew him, I only remember him planning for one thing, the thousand day sail....

Did you or anyone you know give money to him and feel ripped off? Do you have evidence that he ripped off his sponsors?

Mike ~ I'd hardly call Stowe's stated $2,500,000 budget "microscopic". His website pronounced the 1000 Days organization as not-for-profit for seven years. There are former members of the 1000 Days group that claim that status didn't exist, but it was most certainly implied to potential donors that their contributions would be tax-deductible. If not, did Stowe pay taxes on the donated items? The IRS will have to sort it out. Maybe it's the TAXPAYERS who were ripped off by WEED ... again. We've already had to pay for his arrest, prosecution, prison stay, first child that he didn't support, and ... I'd bet his 2nd child is receiving State Aid now, too.

if anything, the sponsorship packages he was offering were a decent value.

boatheadingout_300.jpg

Yeah Mike, Doyle's must be stoked. You just can't buy brand awareness like this.

The folks at MC figured out who I was without much trouble. They even did some research on me and found me to be a rather "dull fellow". No big deal, that. They took it to another level, however, and expanded their research to include my parents, siblings, ex wife and children. I've got copies of 1000 days internal e-mails to prove it. One member of the MC staff was concerned enough to send copies along to me as a heads up.

Why would anyone want to be associated with a group who tries to use such extreme intimidation to silence criticism? It's cult fanaticism.

Mike - You have no idea what kind of Machiavellian fucktwats you're defending here, or do you? :ph34r:

You know the drill, no proof and you're drinking zero-alcohol beer. Show us these secret emails, please. Until then, you're just writing screenplays that will never be produced.

As for the people I'm defending. I don't know anyone at "mission control" and I'll wager that it's most likely a few people running their laptops from the corner Starbucks.

But I am defending Reid because he's not here to defend himself, because he's a good man, and because he has shown me generosity.

Speaking of bingo-BANGO - early start to the Hurricane season this year. I've been saying Reid'll be back on land by beginning of summer so as to avoid any really bad weather (excuses about sails, equipment, lack of a sea kayak life boat, etc).

Willing to place something of value on that wager?

Which to boil it down further is to say, if you don't want your life discussed due to anything in your past or present, then you should not say things about other people.

Carry on.

Bingo! Thus the reason for all the anonymity around here.

I actually did see Tantra Schooner/Anne when she was at Pier 63. As I recall she was berthed on the northern side of the pier.

Maybe for a quick on-off. I can't see how that could have been permanent unless John decided to suddenly disconnect all of the electrical conduit, sewage pipe and freshwater pipe to Frying Pan or else give up his few money-making lee berths.

I had never seen Anne with a lee berth.

Your point is well taken many children are "mistakes" But the private joke between a parent and a child while hugging each other cannot be compared to announcing to the world, Mistakes Happen.

I don't see the distinction, what's wrong with children being mistakes? And what's wrong with just being honest about that? Were all of your children perfectly planned China? Isn't there a vast movement of fundamentalists who proudly proclaim the need to keep "mistake" children? What difference does it make if it is spoken in private or on the public address? Who cares?

OK, your fervor often appears to diminish your ability to communicate with any degree of exactitude. Typical journalist these days, eh? I know it's tough coming up with these long winded pointless diversionary responses to every thought expressed on this thread so I guess we should cut you some slack.

By the way, plural of alias is aliases.

Thanks for the slack. As a former journalist, I was precise with my facts, and I learned to treat anonymous quotes and hearsay as something to train puppies or wrap fish, thus my confusion. Without a name, you might as well be a computer program that is trained to respond to the thread.

I would have remembered you if you used your real name. Redboat is too similar to RedViking, unless I had more drive time on SA.

And thanks for the plural of alias, I have a hard time unlearning my Latin modification brain-rinse.

Yeah Mike, Doyle's must be stoked. You just can't buy brand awareness like this.

Actually talked to one of the Doyles about this... She wished that he would just go away.

snark

el toro(woodie)

lido

canoe

12' inflatable

I have one of those Snarks back in Colorado from when I was a kid, it was the one from Monkey Ward, I bought it with my paper route money. Unfortunately I lost the sail and mast during a storm on Chattsfield. Do you know of anywhere that I can get some kind of reasonably-stable sail plan for that little thing, I want to give it to my daughters.

Actually talked to one of the Doyles about this... She wished that he would just go away.

Janet? Went to high school with her. She's too commonsensical to get into this "space voyage" blather..

I don't see the distinction, what's wrong with children being mistakes? And what's wrong with just being honest about that? Were all of your children perfectly planned China? Isn't there a vast movement of fundamentalists who proudly proclaim the need to keep "mistake" children? What difference does it make if it is spoken in private or on the public address? Who cares?

Who cares? How about the kid that is claimed to be an unwanted mistake? Maybe it will never bother him, but a concerned, caring parent wouldn't take that chance with a public birth announcement. I still say the geniuses at MC should have had the common sense to remove it.

You know that every time I sail past a bunch of eco-freak Sea Kayakers, I always wish I had brought along a rifle with a scope...

No go fuck off to SeaKayakingAnarchy.com or feel free to play in Foiling Anarchy with Dougie.

Wow, you are such a tough guy huh? A rifle with a scope, my how you are are such a tough little sailor boy! Aren't you a tough little sailor boy, aren't ya there! Talking about murdering people in seakayaks because you don't like them, you big tough sailor boy?

Listen here douchnozzle ... I kayaked through some of the toughest neighborhoods in NYC including Red Hook, Harlem and Greenpoint. I DID have people shoot at me just for the wild fun of it. I kayaked once with a certifiably-insane partner that started a near riot on the old prison barge at Pier 36 with guys shaking the barbed wire telling me they were going to hunt me down and kill me.

You have a problem with me and you're really so brave that you're going to murder me with a gun for being a tree-hugger, then let's see what you got you spineless yellow coward.

What do you got fat boy? Here's my phone number and my address, come and get me:

205-348-8582, 101 AIME Building, Tuscaloosa, AL.

And if you see me you better make sure you have a damn good scope on that rifle of yours because if I see you sighting me up I'm going to catch you and shove that carbine of yours down your throat.

If there's one thing I can't stand in life it's a supposed sailor who doesn't recognize the value of being an environmentalist. This is one tree-hugger eco-freak vegan who will whoop your ass and whoop it good.

So...

Is Reid going to be the next Crowhurst?

All the pieces are more-or-less in place...

I doubt it, and perhaps now you see why there is some method to his madness ... perhaps a man needs all of that religion and spiritual gobledygook to stay sane. Maybe if Crowhurst had a few plants and said a few blessings over his food he might have stayed on the deck.

Let's spell this one out ...

You're claiming that you spoke to a representative from Doyle Sails and she told you that she wished that Reid Stowe would "just go away"?

What was this representative's name? In which office did she work?

Are you going to pull a Regatta Dog and make a story about lemon/garlic/rosemary chicken to get out of this one?

Mike ~ I'd hardly call Stowe's stated $2,500,000 budget "microscopic". His website pronounced the 1000 Days organization as not-for-profit for seven years. There are former members of the 1000 Days group that claim that status didn't exist, but it was most certainly implied to potential donors that their contributions would be tax-deductible. If not, did Stowe pay taxes on the donated items? The IRS will have to sort it out. Maybe it's the TAXPAYERS who were ripped off by WEED ... again. We've already had to pay for his arrest, prosecution, prison stay, first child that he didn't support, and ... I'd bet his 2nd child is receiving State Aid now, too.

Why toss all of these conjectures and "this guy said that" stuff? Why not just call up the IRS and check out their 501C3 status?

Wow, you are such a tough guy huh? A rifle with a scope, my how you are are such a tough little sailor boy! Aren't you a tough little sailor boy, aren't ya there! Talking about murdering people in seakayaks because you don't like them, you big tough sailor boy?

Listen here douchnozzle ... I kayaked through some of the toughest neighborhoods in NYC including Red Hook, Harlem and Greenpoint. I DID have people shoot at me just for the wild fun of it. I kayaked once with a certifiably-insane partner that started a near riot on the old prison barge at Pier 36 with guys shaking the barbed wire telling me they were going to hunt me down and kill me.

You have a problem with me and you're really so brave that you're going to murder me with a gun for being a tree-hugger, then let's see what you got you spineless yellow coward.

What do you got fat boy? Here's my phone number and my address, come and get me:

205-348-8582, 101 AIME Building, Buttfuck, AL.

And if you see me you better make sure you have a damn good scope on that rifle of yours because if I see you sighting me up I'm going to catch you and shove that carbine of yours down your throat.

If there's one thing I can't stand in life it's a supposed sailor who doesn't recognize the value of being an environmentalist. This is one tree-hugger eco-freak vegan who will whoop your ass and whoop it good.

Morning Mike. You seem a little testy today. I didn’t think you vegans got constipated.

I persist because I take pleasure in fighting arrogance and lemming-like sycophance in all of its varied forms. And people like you make it easy.

It appears to most experienced sailors, racers and cruisers alike, that the sycophants at MC and Reids "Void Ho" supporters are the the real lemmings in this 1000 day drifting griftathon.

Why don't you defend all the claims that Reid made about the scientific and other goals? Because you cannot, it was all a scam to con money out of mostly non-sailors who beleived in his glory-story.

Well, he can't fool real sailors.

mike the mouth keeps trying to yap on about the virtues of WEid, claiming that for all the years he knew WEid, he was talking about and collecting donations for his 1000days cruise, when in reality all WEid was doing for all that time was to beg for money that he lived off of, and using his food donations to make dinner for all the people he suckered into fixing and maintaining his boat. The ONLY reason WEid ever left for this voyage was because HE GOT KICKED OUT OF THE MARINA IN HOBOKEN (where he was freeloading again) AND THERE WAS NOWHERE ELSE FOR HIM TO GO EXCEPT OUT TO SEA!

And mikey, it is wrong to tell the world your child was a mistake! But more than him saying it out loud for the world to hear was the way he said it -- like it was the last thing in the world he wanted. And the bottom line is it is the last thing he would have wanted because he is a sociopath and has no room in his heart to love a child! I feel sorry for Soy if she thinks she's going to get a husband for herself and a hands-on father for her son because it ain't gonna happen! Oh, that's right, she got a #1 bestseller coming out some day.

You know the drill, no proof and you're drinking zero-alcohol beer. Show us these secret emails, please. Until then, you're just writing screenplays that will never be produced.

As for the people I'm defending. I don't know anyone at "mission control" and I'll wager that it's most likely a few people running their laptops from the corner Starbucks.

But I am defending Reid because he's not here to defend himself, because he's a good man, and because he has shown me generosity.

So trust you, but everyone else has to have proof?. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. You can't slam people for criticizing Stowe when you don't have a fraction of their sailing experience or time offshore. A fair number of the people telling you that you are full of shit have been there and done that under conditions you have not, and never will experience.

You can't challenge RD (and others)to prove his statements and then come back with a blanket defense of Stowe because "he's a good man, and because he has shown me generosity". You are entertaining, and I'd buy you a round or several, but your credibility is in the shitter and swirling quick.

Janet? Went to high school with her. She's too commonsensical to get into this "space voyage" blather..

The problem is it originated with a "local loft" which has wide latitude to do promotions. Yes someone upstairs may have rubber stamped it, but it is what it is now. I suspect that things will be more carefully scrutinized in the future. Part of the NEGATIVE effect Reid is having on the real world sailing community.... >Making things more difficult for people who legitimately need sponsorship.

Part of the NEGATIVE effect Reid is having on the real world sailing community.... >Making things more difficult for people who legitimately need sponsorship.

That's the gist of my irritation with the vacuous narcissitic grifter-drifter. He tars the real sailors with his tainted brush.

Bingo Bango, the condom broke!

snark

el toro(woodie)

lido

canoe

12' inflatable

I have one of those Snarks back in Colorado from when I was a kid, it was the one from Monkey Ward, I bought it with my paper route money. Unfortunately I lost the sail and mast during a storm on Chattsfield. Do you know of anywhere that I can get some kind of reasonably-stable sail plan for that little thing, I want to give it to my daughters.

This is exactly the kind of "I'm inspired by an idiot" idea that I warned about back around day 60.

If you get a sail for the Snark for your daughter, spend some money on a life insurance policy on her also. Unless of course you want your daughter dead.

Bad idea, very bad...

Why toss all of these conjectures and "this guy said that" stuff? Why not just call up the IRS and check out their 501C3 status?

Why call when you can search?

American Friends of Stowe Inc. New York NY USA --

maybe?

Otherwise there's nothing from NY with "Reid Stowe" "1000 days" or any combination of ANYTHING from his website.

No 501c3, No tiki.

Tax evaders should be shot.

Here's the link to the full info on that one I found: http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=137788

So trust you, but everyone else has to have proof?.

Ah, the old question. The onus of responsibility, dear Barleymalt, is on the accuser, not the defender. If you have something to back this stuff up, then pony up soldier! Let's see what you have.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. You can't slam people for criticizing Stowe

"Slam"? What happened to this thread being one big exercise in satire? Is the whole thing now becoming a little more real now that you feel the need to defend your merry little band of slanderists?

when you don't have a fraction of their sailing experience or time offshore.

Woah, pull those little horsies back into the barn there Barley! Have I made a single accusation about the sailing abilities of the people on this thread? By your twisty definition I should not be allowed to defend Malcom Forbes since I don't own a superyacht.

A fair number of the people telling you that you are full of shit have been there and done that under conditions you have not, and never will experience.

So let me get this straight ... you think that simply knowing how to sail also gives one blanket expertise on business, establishing registered trademark, proving the nonexistance of 501C3, experetise in supposed business deals that went sour, etc.? Well then I guess since I'm a physicist that also makes me an expert brewmaster and designer of snowboards. Why didn't you tell me that in your bizarre little corner of the universe one's sailing experience also makes them expert on people with whom they have no direct experience?

You can't challenge RD (and others)to prove his statements and then come back with a blanket defense of Stowe because "he's a good man, and because he has shown me generosity".

I defend Reid Stowe because he's a good man and has shown me generosity. I could care less about "Hovians" and "Mission Control." I don't know these people, although you won't hear me attack them without knowing them. However I do know Reid and I will defend him against your sad den of jackals.

You are entertaining, and I'd buy you a round or several, but your credibility is in the shitter and swirling quick.

Thanks, but I only drink with people who can look a man in the eye. If you can be party to the organized bashing of someone you have never met, then I think you're not the type. Are you a man or a mouse?

Willing to place something of value on that wager?

I think our boy Mikey thinks Weid is going to sink too.

And, unfortunately, I'm going to have to put him in the elite ranks of the NON-participants.

*klik*

Why call when you can search?

American Friends of Stowe Inc. New York NY USA --

maybe?

Otherwise there's nothing from NY with "Reid Stowe" "1000 days" or any combination of ANYTHING from his website.

No 501c3, No tiki.

Tax evaders should be shot.

Here's the link to the full info on that one I found: http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=137788

TPG, you can't use a paid service (i.e. Tax Exempt World) to look up all IRS information, it's only in that database if someone registers it there. I have no idea if Reid or one of his friends registered as 501c3, but some people on this thread are claiming that they didn't. Why not just research it through the IRS?

Also, where did they say that donations to 1000 Days are tax-deductable? I don't follow their organization, so a simple link will suffice. Thank you.

By the way, an old coworker of mine went to Stowe.

This is exactly the kind of "I'm inspired by an idiot" idea that I warned about back around day 60.

If you get a sail for the Snark for your daughter, spend some money on a life insurance policy on her also. Unless of course you want your daughter dead.

Bad idea, very bad...

They're fine for just learning how to sail in a little pond, and my daughters don't go near the water without PFDs.

I put miles and miles on that little boat, as long as the dagger board was down it was stable as a rock. What's the problem?

I think our boy Mikey thinks Weid is going to sink too.

And, unfortunately, I'm going to have to put him in the elite ranks of the NON-participants.

*klik*

Nope, I think Reid is going to make it. Regatta Dog is the one who thinks he's going to sink. Only now he's nice and quiet now that I suggested a wager.