• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Nice preview of Nick's work to-date, with some new and old from RD thrown in. Thanks for the hours of entertainment. :wub:

And then we've got all the contributions from cscow, tabman, JP, just to name a few. I keep saying a coffee table book is in the making.

But as for shampoo ... cowboy up, LonelyBoy. Men shouldn't use shampoo anyway, the only lathering cleanser that a man should use is soap, (preferably Lava brand soap). Shampoo is for the ladies.

Mike, did you ever consider that not everyone is as follicley challenged as yourself?

And you wonder why? LAVA SOAP? WTF??? :lol:

I switched from washing my hair with Lava Soap and I am now thinking about changing my screen name.

So where is the floating reef these days?

771-006.jpg

Day 773 - June 4, 2009

Wind SE, 22 knots, Course N, Speed 3 knots, Position 1*28n by 11*49w

That is a lovely fish, though how you get a yellowfin to bite while going 3 knots is a mystery to this former commercial fisherman. Kampai, Reid!

I wish I had the time to go fishing for three years without washing my hands - though I couldn't imagine calling it a record.

After 773 days of fishing without washing your hands you just dangle them in the water. The fish will come to you.

Considering all the traffic this has generated for SA I think you should do an On The Water Anarchy Episode for Weedo's return, wherever and whenever that may be.

SA should also sponsor the 1000 Day of Hell celebration that should accompany it. I'm sure MC will mobilize the press for the momentous event so SA could share some of the publicity.

I think you are right. Someone give me a shout when he's a month out. ;)

Considering all the traffic this has generated for SA I think you should do an On The Water Anarchy Episode for Weedo's return, wherever and whenever that may be.

SA should also sponsor the 1000 Day of Hell celebration that should accompany it. I'm sure MC will mobilize the press for the momentous event so SA could share some of the publicity.

I think you are right. Someone give me a shout when he's a month out. ;)

Can think of no other singular subject that has galvanised this community like this guy has, mostly front page of this forum since he set out, sure he's a wierd one, sure he's probably a certifiable nutter, but face it............he's our nutter..........and there's more than a tad of that in all present here, probably why we all come to the anarchy

775-016.jpg

Day 775469 Equatorial Lunch

Saturday, 06 June 2009

Day 775 469- June 6, 2009

Wind SE 15 to 20 knots, Course N, Speed 2 knots, Position 2*41n by 12*20w

Equatorial Lunch

After 775469 days at sea without resupply, I am still eating very well and this is important for my health and psychology. The photo is of today's lunch, consisting of flying fish fresh off the deck fried in olive oil with dried mushrooms, sprinkled with soy sauce and lemon juice. I normally eat dried fish with every dinner, but lately there have been so many flying fish that I eat them for lunch and dinner. The tuna I just caught is now dried and stashed away and will last indefinitely. Today's lunch fish is served with rice and lentils cooked with a California blend of deluxe dried mixed vegetables. Of course I eat all of this with a crispy mung bean sprout salad, with olive oil, vinegar and roasted sesame seeds...

This morning I was surprised by a big school of black porpoises. I tried to film them, but it is the same problem I have with tuna, I don't see them very clearly in the viewing window, so I'm not sure I'm filming them. There were more than 100 having fun without paying any attention to me. They jumped out of the water and some of them rose belly up revealing very pink tummies. Whenever I see that, I have a tendency to think there is a mating ritual going on.

We each went our merry ways, and they didn't scare the tuna off as they are still with us chasing flying fish. The poor flying fish don't have much of a chance because there are so many tuna. Many of the flying fish I clean have egg row, so millions more flying fish are getting ready to be born.

Now that we are going more slowly, there is a new kind of tiny aquarium fish that I can study through the underwater window. The window is getting mossy, but there are still no gooseneck barnacles growing on it. That is a good sign because it means they are not getting too thick on the bottom. Small ones are starting to grow along the waterline, so it might be time to start cleaning them off soon.

Everyday I tend to maintenance jobs, like sewing chaffing gear on ropes that are wearing out. I am finally making progress on the roller furling genoa that tore up the back edge under Australia. I piece the tear back together and sew patches on both sides with staggered edges. What will happen next? All's well on the high seas.

I didn't think you could go any slower.

Flying fish......road kill of the sea.

Don't knock it until you've tried it...

Flying fish is tasty, especially in the Caribbean.

For example:

The national dish of Barbados is Cou Cou and Flying Fish.

flying-fish-at-bc.thumbnail.jpg

Cou cou is a unique blend of cornmeal and okra mixed with salt, peppers and Bajan hot sauce.

The above has some fried Plantain with carrots.

Bajan Macaroin Pie & Flying Fish, referred to as just "Pie and Fish", is a version of macaroni and cheese served with a fillet of fried flying fish.

But my favourite is the Bajan Flyin' Fish Cutter-

20080617CatchCutterAerial1.jpg

Good eatin on the go~!

Wash it down with a mauby.

OceanBien,

You're eating bait. :(

Flying fish is tasty, especially in the Caribbean.

For example:

The national dish of Barbados is Cou Cou and Flying Fish.

Cou cou is a unique blend of cornmeal and okra mixed with salt, peppers and Bajan hot sauce.

The above has some fried Plantain with carrots.

Bajan Macaroin Pie & Flying Fish, referred to as just "Pie and Fish", is a version of macaroni and cheese served with a fillet of fried flying fish.

But my favourite is the Bajan Flyin' Fish Cutter-

Good eatin on the go~!

Wash it down with a mauby.

Wow.

122 posts and no Mike! Nice blocking technique by the 'Hounds of the Thread'.

So which of you 2 dogs got SA's 2 millionth post?

That was the point of that power point presentation,wasn’t it?

Wow.

That was the point of that power point presentation,wasn't it?

Aw shit! There was a prize?

Wow.

That was the point of that power point presentation,wasn't it?

Nah - now he's espousing the finer points of print. CMYK vs. Hexachrome:

"Mike Wofsey of Galaxy Gauge Graphic Design Tools gives his personal insight into why 6 color printing isn't replacing CMYK anytime soon (if ever). (second half of message, after a discussion of working with CMYK vs. RGB).

"Four-color process continues to improve, and with the dominance of the graphic designer that now wears all hats, along with the price-advantage of gang-runs, CMYK is now the industry-default printing method. Not only has it nearly eliminated the threat of six and seven color hi-fi ink models, but it is usually cheaper to use CMYK than one and two color presses, along with Pantone inks and t-heads."

Once again, he is really out to lunch. Hexachrome or CMYKOG is for high end coffee table books and the like that really want vivid greens, oranges, etc... It was never going to replace CMYK. But still funny how he popped into my world after the dogs ran him out of here. I googled it, it is him...

Once again, he is really out to lunch. Hexachrome or CMYKOG is for high end coffee table books and the like that really want vivid greens, oranges, etc... It was never going to replace CMYK. But still funny how he popped into my world after the dogs ran him out of here. I googled it, it is him...

Your arrogance seems to know no bounds there Red Viking, I like that, it reminds me of myself!

You really needed to read the whole thread, including the first question. And while it's apparently true that you in fact have a wonderfully high IQ of 144, even a genius would have to read the entire thread before commenting.

The question was not whether advanced color models are going to replace CMYK, but rather how much applicability advanced color models have now. Back when they were first introduced, Pantone WAS positioning their product as the eventual successor of CMYK, and for good reason, they recognized that CMYK -- which is essentially an open-source color model -- was going to erode their business of supplying all of those spot colors on two and three color printing. They knew that the entire industry was going to process color since jobs could be gang-run on press which dramatically improved profits for the printer (or dramatically lowered cost for the consumer) partly because the clean-up phase of the print job was practically elminated except for once or twice a day, and the final product was photo-realistic.

But the industry balked at 6 and 7 color printing because the prepress end required a lot more processing, the film and platemaking increased to 80% in cost, and most importantly, a customer that wanted six-color printing, plus a spot varnish and maybe an in-line score would need an 8-unit press. Those just weren't that common, nor were 6-unit presses for that matter.

But Pantone pushed and pushed because their market was eroding. And now? The once 800-pound gorilla of the printing and prepress industry is mostly focused on making fan books and matching colors to CMYK, rather than directing customers to their own proprietary ink formulations.

The big change was the Japanese. Their excellence in engineering forced the Germans to match the quality of their presses. Suddenly, fifteen years ago, Mitsubishi (and Komori to a lesser degree) changed the whole color equation. Their ultra lightweight drums prevented much of the emulsion and dot-gain that was robbing 4-color of its dynamic range in the first place. Coupled with the Macintosh and the DTP trio (InDesign/XPress, Illustrator, Photoshop) and the design industry found the CMYK paradigm simple enough to start bringing that work in house and away from the prepress houses.

Now, you can buy a pretty good 2-color press on eBay for a few thousand bucks, you can buy a one-color press with a t-head for less than a thousand sometimes. It's a fair statement that the spot-color industry is essentially a shell of what it used to be.

Give me a call, or shoot me a private email with your address. I'll mail some of our CMYK color model stuff out to you as sort of an SA gratis. Have a look at what state-of-the-art CMYK is capable and you'll see why I write this. My phone number at the office is 205-348-8582. (If there are any other SA folks working as graphic designers, feel free to take me up on my offer as well.)

Your arrogance seems to know no bounds there Red Viking, I like that, it reminds me of myself!

Modesty is a sign of no talent.

Yes Mike, I once had 4 strippers working on my jobs 24/7. Now we only run on 12 color presses that perfect - and yes, I do run Hexachrome. Nice history of the world of print - Heidlebergs vs. Akiyama's - got it... I did read the thread, but I would like to point out that Hex inks (CMYK) are different than regular CMYK colors such that they work together. Look at your Pantone book. Less than 5% of all print houses can output a Hex proof - they have to send it out for film and a proof.

Anyway, now that you have validated your existence in yet another field - can we go back to Sir Drift Alot? Run the numbers Mike, help SA and Vegas. Will Reid return to Hoboken in winter or will he float beyond the thousand daze until spring? Inquiring minds wanna know...

I'm bored of the driftathon so:

Mike, what kind of kayak do you paddle? Rudder? skeg? composite? plastic? wine glass defense system?

Or, as we say in Maine... What's your speedbump?

Also

It seems as if you are a pretty confident type, but I just want to make sure that you don't let the keyboard psychos get you down. I actually think you've added a good deal of life into a thread that often spirals into a sycophantic circle jerk.

I'm not a fan of Reid, but I have a knee jerk reaction in favor of the underdog and like to keep an open mind. I also feel awful for his kid growing up to find out that a group of people have made his father a running joke.

Keep those rainbows coming. You are the best thing to happen here since Capt Lithium, etc left.

I'm bored of the driftathon so:

Mike, what kind of kayak do you paddle? Rudder? skeg? composite? plastic? wine glass defense system?

Or, as we say in Maine... What's your speedbump?

Also

It seems as if you are a pretty confident type, but I just want to make sure that you don't let the keyboard psychos get you down. I actually think you've added a good deal of life into a thread that often spirals into a sycophantic circle jerk.

I'm not a fan of Reid, but I have a knee jerk reaction in favor of the underdog and like to keep an open mind. I also feel awful for his kid growing up to find out that a group of people have made his father a running joke.

Keep those rainbows coming. You are the best thing to happen here since Capt Lithium, etc left.

Whoa there, jib. The only person who made WEid a running joke was WEid himself. He simply gave us the material to work with.

Whoa there, jib. The only person who made WEid a running joke was WEid himself. He simply gave us the material to work with.

Fair enough, but the recent reposting of all the photoshop "aht" seemed a little relentless, and dare I say -over the top.

Yes Mike, I once had 4 strippers working on my jobs 24/7. Now we only run on 12 color presses that perfect - and yes, I do run Hexachrome.

Now I'm confused. I thought you were retired and living the cruising life with your wife. Regardless, I like that you're a printer, I was a printer too, though never on the scale that you seem to be. I had mid-size presses, direct-to-plate, die-cutting, foil-stamping, folder, etc..

Okay, you have a 12-unit perfector, other than book publishers that want a snazzy cover and are willing to add on foil or off-line features, how many conventional clients print Hex? This is never what Pantone wanted, they wanted 6-color to replace 4-color, and they bet the farm that it would. Your 12-unit is the perfect example ... to cost-justify the 12-units, you really do need to use the perfector, and with hex that leaves zero units available for metallics or spot varnishes, etc.. Unless you're willing to run 4-color on one side and Hex with two spots on the other. (Assuming you can move your perfector in front of the eighth head.) True, there are people that want that extended range, but as for making a splashy book cover, those two extra units usually have a far greater impact when used with metallics, or a fluorescent, or a spot varnish. I was at McGraw Hill for a few years and if memory serves me, I think we used Hexachrome perhaps twice. But we never did a hard-cover without at least six units, usually 4-color with one or two metallics, fluorescents, etc..

All I'm saying is that good presses have stolen much of Hexachrome's thunder, and that's what I wrote in the thing you referenced. Yes, you can get better oranges and slightly better greens with Hex than with CMYK, but compared to the difference from years ago, a modern Mitsubishi can output a CMYK orange or green that compares favorably with a Hexachrome green or orange from 1997.

Nice history of the world of print - Heidlebergs vs. Akiyama's - got it... I did read the thread, but I would like to point out that Hex inks (CMYK) are different than regular CMYK colors such that they work together. Look at your Pantone book. Less than 5% of all print houses can output a Hex proof - they have to send it out for film and a proof.

I understand that. And digital 6 and 7 color output devices like the Epson 9800 can't even output a functional Hex print because there is little demand for it. They can closely match that range simply by using dillute versions of their M and C. And remember something else, for a design shop to properly output in hex, they have to design in RGB. So when they RGB to Hex conversion is made they're still losing some range. And now they have no ability to internally proof since there are no DTP-level digital units that can output Hex reliably. Sure, there are exotic ways to do it with ICC, but even with the big print shops like Quebecor, it's tough for them to guarantee a balls-on ICC match, and there is no way for the client to get an internal proof prior to prepress anyway.

If your shop is outputting Hex proofs you're either You have to remember that mathematically at least, CMYK is a full-gamut color model. The reason that it can't reach some colors is because of dot-gain and emulsion. Reduce the dot-gain and emulsion and suddenly your range is increased. They do it by using very lightweight, very thin alloyed drums and by actively monitoring viscosity of the ink and wash.

What is the sheet-size of your perfector? I had a job a few years ago which was seven color, 29 x 40 and I had a hard time finding someone that could print it. I ended up running it on a Mitsubishi and we just backed it up conventionally, with liquid-lam.

It's kind of strange that you're a sailboating printer. I only knew one other printer that liked to sail, he ended up with a little Morgan that he moored above Battery Park. Printers are usually the motorboat crowd.

Will Reid return to Hoboken in winter or will he float beyond the thousand daze until spring? Inquiring minds wanna know...

I guess it makes more sense for him to return when the weather is warm which will generate more press. But if he returns in the Winter, assuming the banks of the Hudson isn't iced-up, (which is possible), at least it will be easy for him to get a dock space. That might be harder in the spring.

Anyway, I don't care all that much. Whatever. I'm a lot more concerned about the coaching change with The Avalanche. I think this Joe Sacco move might work out pretty well, at least he understand the need for the the trap offense, and he did well with Lake Eerie.

Yes Mike, I once had 4 strippers working on my jobs 24/7. Now we only run on 12 color presses that perfect - and yes, I do run Hexachrome.

Now I'm confused. I thought you were retired and living the cruising life with your wife. Regardless, I like that you're a printer, I was a printer too, though never on the scale that you seem to be. I had mid-size presses, direct-to-plate, die-cutting, foil-stamping, folder, etc..

Not a printer - I own a publishing/design house with a sales and marketing consultancy built in. Never owned presses, nor would I want to. Several New England printers are sailors, FYI.

Hex when run properly will blow doors off of CMYK. I personally am there for all Hex jobs and I don't need no stinking matchprint! Just give me a lot of make ready and a good pressman that will push buttons until I flood the sheet and gum the rollers. Then we'll back off a hair and watch it glow. Greens so surreal they look like special spot colors. It takes talent to do Hex, that's why nobody does it....

I still do work, just not as hard from my boat nearly every day. Sprint Broadband for up to 25 miles offshore of the US and SSB with a Pactor III for beyond that, and if we have a VIP somewhere, I'll spring for some Sat Phone usage or use Skype. We decided not to snowbird it north this year as staff changes back at the ranch coupled with increased demand made it attractive to focus instead of migrating this year (Sorry Newfoundland :( ) - so we are in St. Augustine for hurricane season and then hopefully all of the issues back home will be resolved, cruising kitty replenished and we will be off for the Thorny Path this coming winter. Rio Dulce or bust! We've been out for two years going on three now, but the ties of family and business are strong. My rental car bill and airline line items are unreal, such is life afloat. Drink the koolaid! Sell everything, buy a boat and float! Cheaper than land life and you'll live longer... Besides, who needs cubicles anyway. I will credit Reid for at least figuring that out. Life drifting about is probably safer than life on Wall Street drifting from one firm to another.

Hi Jib,

Folding kayaks, they are hypalon. I've never used a rudder because I use sort of a feathering-technique to track ... I paddle unfeathered since it's a seakayak, but I cock the wrist just enough to equalize my stroke, which gives me something of a feather without needing to pull power on any stroke. (Lonelyboy and his code thing are going to have a field-day with this one.)

No skeg, but fabric kayaks have pronounced stringers, so you do get a bit of a skeg-effect. I paddle only Folbots, not because of their performance (from my experience they are usually slower and more difficult to track than Feathercraft, Nautiraid or Klepper) but because they are about as bulletproof as I've seen, Folbot ships parts in 12 hours, and they actually modify their designs based on user input. I currently use the Greenlander and Aleut, but my next boat will probably be the Cooper.

It seems as if you are a pretty confident type, but I just want to make sure that you don't let the keyboard psychos get you down. I actually think you've added a good deal of life into a thread that often spirals into a

It doesn't bother me, I kind of enjoy it. And I think I know Reid well-enough to know that this stuff would roll off of his back as well. As for his son, I have no idea. When he's old enough to care, he might find all of this very amusing.

I've known hundred of people with plans equally as wild, weird or unsound as Reid, and 95% of them never end up doing anything with their plans other than plan. People can say what they will about Reid's sail ... that it's a waste of time or that it's earth-changing. Both of these extremes are wrong I think. In the larger scheme of things, his 1000 days sail is not too different from someone opening a bar or moving to St. Louis, or starting a business or changing careers. He's doing something that he had planned for a long time, and I like to see people actually do what they had planned to do. Unless, you know, unless the plan is bad, like burning down someone's barn, or driving their car off a cliff ... then I guess I would prefer them not go through with their plans. But Reid's sail is fairly harmless.

Hex when run properly will blow doors off of CMYK. I personally am there for all Hex jobs and I don't need no stinking matchprint! Just give me a lot of make ready and a good pressman that will push buttons until I flood the sheet and gum the rollers. Then we'll back off a hair and watch it glow. Greens so surreal they look like special spot colors. It takes talent to do Hex, that's why nobody does it....

I'm not denying that it's better, but when you put a Hex job and a well-run CMYK job with metallic inks and spot-varnish in front of a client who is shopping for something to make their book cover stand out, they'll go for the metallics and spots most of the time. And as I wrote, output from a well-run cmyk Mitsubishi setup does have a hexachrome look. You can probably see the difference, but is it worth nearly twice the price? Maybe for some, mostly not though, I'll wager.

I will credit Reid for at least figuring that out. Life drifting about is probably safer than life on Wall Street drifting from one firm to another.

I wish I had the money and time to live on a boat, preferably in Europe for a few years, I figure my kids would learn as much as they are learning now in the U.S. Public School System.

I wish I had the money and time to live on a boat, preferably in Europe for a few years, I figure my kids would learn as much as they are learning now in the U.S. Public School System.

Take a page from Weids playbook. 1st get a boat. Then hang out in the hood making Void Ho art while mumbling about going to Mars for NASA. Meanwhile pimp the project to cheese and sprout seed suppliers, get a PayPal button and set yourself adrift. Hit a Maersk just to teach your kids about seamanship and responsibility. Wait for the check, drift some more. Introduce your kids to both Jesus and Buddha at the same time. Check PayPal account. Rinse and repeat...

Seriously, the cruising kids we have met have been amazingly intelligent and usually speak a couple of languages...

Seriously, the cruising kids we have met have been amazingly intelligent and usually speak a couple of languages...

My wife won't agree to another boat unless it's big enough for her to feel comfortable and safe. I wore out any potential of goodwill with my wife when I subjected her to hours of hull-pounding, vomit-spewing, whip-sawing torment when I took us through a storm on the Hudson. It will need to be at least a 45, or more likely a cat. Anything less stable than that and she's not going again.

I hope I'm able to get my kids on a cruise before they're old enough to hate me for taking them away from their friends.

My wife won't agree to another boat unless it's big enough for her to feel comfortable and safe. I wore out any potential of goodwill with my wife when I subjected her to hours of hull-pounding, vomit-spewing, whip-sawing torment when I took us through a storm on the Hudson. It will need to be at least a 45, or more likely a cat. Anything less stable than that and she's not going again.

Seriously Mike, if your wife is discouraged by hours on a storm tossed Hudson, put in a bid on the Queen Mary. A 45' boat or cat won't solve anything unless you never leave the dock.

Ask Soanya. Think she'll venture offshore again?

By the way, nice to hear the mention of Folboat and Klepper. Amazing those things are still around. Had a Klepper Aerius with a sailing rig. That was long long ago.

Just checked sailwx and he sure has a lot of company out there! Think he's having a little real food with the crew of the Egelantiersgracht? Anyone who can translate that name for us?

Hi Jib,

Folding kayaks, they are hypalon. I've never used a rudder because I use sort of a feathering-technique to track ... I paddle unfeathered since it's a seakayak, but...bla bla... cock... et cetera... power on any stroke...

duckwitharms.jpg

Reid is alive!!!

<_< Not mentally he isn't.

Also, blurting out stuff like that is a sure way to jynx sailors - are you trying to kill your hero?!

(Lonelyboy and his code thing are going to have a field-day with this one.)

Just running it through now Mike. Standby....

Hi Jib,

Folding kayaks, they are hypalon. I've never used a rudder because I use sort of a feathering-technique to track ... I paddle unfeathered since it's a seakayak, but I cock the wrist just enough to equalize my stroke, which gives me something of a feather without needing to pull power on any stroke. (Lonelyboy and his code thing are going to have a field-day with this one.

Fuckit . I think it's broken.

Just checked sailwx and he sure has a lot of company out there! Think he's having a little real food with the crew of the Egelantiersgracht? Anyone who can translate that name for us?

egelantier : a kind of a wild rose

gracht : ditch, canal

there are a whole lot of "gracht" ships, if you have ever been in Amsterdam you'll know what it refers to unless of course you were too much into reefers :lol:

Hi Jib,

Folding kayaks, they are hypalon. I've never used a rudder because I use sort of a feathering-technique to track ... I paddle unfeathered since it's a seakayak, but...bla bla... cock... et cetera... power on any stroke...

duckwitharms.jpg

Nice...

Ok, Ok I think I got it working now. Scanning........

Hi Jib,

Folding kayaks, they are hypalon. I've never used a rudder because I use sort of a feathering-technique to track ... I paddle unfeathered since it's a seakayak, but I cock the wrist just enough to equalize my stroke, which gives me something of a feather without needing to pull. power on any stroke. (Lonelyboy and his code thing are going to have a field-day with this one.)

No skeg, but fabric kayaks have pronounced. stringers, so you do get a bit of a skeg-effect. I paddle only Foolbots, not because of their performance (from my experience. they are usually slower and more difficult to track than Feathercraft, Nautiraid or Klepper) but because they are about as bulletproof as. I've seen, Folbot ships parts in 12 hours, and they actually modify their designs based on user input. I currently use the Greenlander and Aleut, but my next boat will probably be the Cooper.

It seems as if you are a pretty confident type, but I just want to make sure that you don't let the keyboard psychos get you down. I actually think you've added a good deal of life into a thread that often spirals into a

I'm not a fan of Reid, but I have a knee jerk reaction in favor of the underdog. and like to keep an open mind. I also feel awful for his kid growing up to find out that a group of people have made his father a running joke.

It doesn't bother me, I kind of enjoy it. And I think I know Reid well-enough to know that this stuff would roll off of his back as well. As for his son, I have no idea. When he's old enough to care, he might find all of this very amusing.

I've known hundred of people with plans equally as wild, weird or unsound as Reid, and 95% of them never end up doing anything with their plans other than plan. People can say what they will about Reid's sail ... that it's a waste of time or that it's earth-changing. Both of these extremes are wrong I think. In the larger scheme of things, his 1000 days. sail is not too different from someone opening a bar or moving to St. Louis, or starting a business or changing careers. He's doing something that he had planned for a long time. and I like to see people actually do what they had planned to do. Unless, you know, unless the plan is bad, like burning down someone's barn, or driving their car off a cliff ... then I guess I would prefer them not go through with their plans. But Reid's sail is fairly harmless.

There you go Mike. Is that more like the childish bullshit you expected?