Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Wofsey's not bad. A little tiresome and pretty naive if he thinks he is diluting this thread or providing any sort of serious distraction. His first posts on various subjects aren't too bad. His second or third rhetorical posts or fanciful explanations become boring and actually don't credit either his intellect or intent.

MC always cruises this terrain however they deliberately don't argue/confront because they don't want to stir things up. Posting here is pretty much verboten. I'm actually surprised they haven't tried to encourage Wofsey to cease/desist simply because the driftathon is so damn boring right now the only activity here is that generated by our very own Mr. Science.

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

I asked the question because it's incredibly subtle, there is no obvious reason why the live end should be in the saddle. I could somewhat legitimately argue that the live end should go next to the u-bolt because there is greater pressure at the bolt than in the saddle and diameter contraction from temperature fluctuations would be less likely to loosen the connection.

Maybe I'm looking into this too deeply, but remember, the saddle connection has a lower pressure than the bolt connection since it has a larger contact area.

I started this and I am going to give you the best answer I can on why the wire rope clip (Crosby Clamps) is installed the way it is. Its the most simple answer I can give and it might go against the grain of some people who insist on knowing all the whys and how comes.

When I took the rigging class that the Crosby company puts on for industrial riggers. They told us to never install the clips backwards. Only saddle the live side of the rope. I assumed since they designed and manufactured the clip they would know what they were talking about, and that was good enough for me.

I think Mike's just one of those people that everybody avoids because he'll latch onto the slightest bit from anybody else's exciting news or story to serve as a launchpad for trumping it with his own tales of glory or expounding on his broad knowledge ~ all in the familiar vernacular, of course, so everybody will be impressed that he's so worldly and "cool". You can't wait for some unsuspecting victim to come along so you can take three steps backward and run.

Have you thought about a Dale Carnegie Course to win friends and influence people, Mike? Hell, there should could be an SA Group Discount available!

Download this FREE online book and learn to:

1. Communicate with diplomacy and tact.

2. Become a more persuasive communicator

3. Be an effective leader

4. Reduce stress

3657796604_c8c67ecd6d.jpg

Stop being such a whining cunt about how women are treated. Women are fair game. And Soy made herself a public figure. Maybe SA isn't the right place for you.

Wow terrific Mainsheetgirl, it's excellent to see such a forward-thinking woman!

Now the next step for you is to prove it and forward a photograph of yourself to this thread so the Photoshop jackals can put your head onto a picture of the body of a 56-year-old methadone addict.

Do that and then we'll see if you walk the walk of women being "fair game."

SA abounds with pictures of MSG. Clothed and other wise. Even so far as to have at least one where she is painted and decorated up to honor the 10,000 post of another member. She is not shy about sharing, but I think you would have to ask nicer.

edit. I see someone already has posted the photo of MSG all marked up as I mentioned

I think Mike's just one of those people that everybody avoids because he'll latch onto the slightest bit from anybody else's exciting news or story to serve as a launchpad for trumping it with his own tales of glory or expounding on his broad knowledge ~ all in the familiar vernacular, of course, so everybody will be impressed that he's so worldly and "cool". You can't wait for some unsuspecting victim to come along so you can take three steps backward and run.

Have you thought about a Dale Carnegie Course to win friends and influence people, Mike? Hell, there should could be an SA Group Discount available!

Download this FREE online book and learn to:

1. Communicate with diplomacy and tact.

2. Become a more persuasive communicator

3. Be an effective leader

4. Reduce stress

3657796604_c8c67ecd6d.jpg

OT and widely off beat topic change.

I watched the movie Oliver the other day and in one of the musical scenes. Fagin sings a line Winning Friends and Influencing People. I thought it a bit funny in the context of the movie.

Oh and BTW JP, that was wrong and bad to do that.

World’s most inspiring eco adventures

http://www.greendiary.com/entry/world-s-mo...eco-adventures/

Spending time with nature helps us better appreciate the wonders of our unique little planet. However, our mostly urban existence hardly allows us to travel around those deserts, mountains, rivers, oceans and forests. Still, there are eco-adventurers who always come up with something new to share and startle us with. Conveying one message or the other, they show us how to keep going sustainably. Here, we salute their endeavors and enlist some of their exploits

(Stowe is rated #11 out of 15)

World's most inspiring eco adventures

Spending time with nature helps us better appreciate the wonders of our unique little planet. However, our mostly urban existence hardly allows us to travel around those deserts, mountains, rivers, oceans and forests. Still, there are eco-adventurers who always come up with something new to share and startle us with. Conveying one message or the other, they show us how to keep going sustainably. Here, we salute their endeavors and enlist some of their exploits

Right above Asshat # 12 here....

jeep-floats-climate-change_KPDRb_11446.jpg

I like it, even a highly commercialized event like the Tour de France places higher than Reid! The Tour is not about demonstrating cycling to the world. It is about MONEY!

And the picture of the schooner is NOT the Anne! Couldn't MC get that right?

I like it, even a highly commercialized event like the Tour de France places higher than Reid! The Tour is not about demonstrating cycling to the world. It is about MONEY!

Wow, and:

coal and firewood for heater and solar panels to power the on board electronics.

Wow, what an environmentalist!

Thanks for posting one of my pics. I appreciate it. Now would someone please photoshop something with it?

You can also search for any one of my birthday threads, the Women Of SA thread, Grumpy and Dawg's 50th b-day threads and the Nautigirl Bullet thread has some pics also.

I'm off to play 'Civil War' with my 11 year old nephew now. I'll check back later for the results.

Cheers!

Pacer, Gremlin, and a Javelin, Mom and Pop cars. If you are going to present AMC in a positive way, how can you not mention Americas only two seat muscle car and one of the greatest muscle cars ever made.

The AMX...............

amx2.jpg

Present AMC "in a positive way"? It was the only U.S. auto company of recent years that had any idea of what the future of transportation needed. Just looking at the picture makes me sad. Back in the 80s, AMXs were available for a song, I even remember seeing one at the part-out lot. It's one of the most beautiful American cars, there was even some synergy with Pinninfarina and his design for the the Montreal:

alfa_romeo_montreal.jpg

Wow, and:

coal and firewood for heater and solar panels to power the on board electronics.

Wow, what an environmentalist!

Shame on them, Reid discharged his waste into the Hudson for years.

SA abounds with pictures of MSG. Clothed and other wise. Even so far as to have at least one where she is painted and decorated up to honor the 10,000 post of another member. She is not shy about sharing, but I think you would have to ask nicer.

You forgot to add the part where she's more fun than half a share of four way windowpane and the 5/8/78 Cornell Dead show, whereas you Mike, are exactly the kind of guy who makes me prejudge NewYorkers.

I shudder to think the two of you will be inhabiting the same impossibly crowded space. Hell with a sales tax, as someone more erudite than I pointed out.

Dis her at your own peril mate, though lord knows, she doesn't need my help.

Shame on [those smug environmentalists], Reid discharged his waste into the Hudson for years.

I am all for not blowing through all our planet's resources in a single generation but...

Most of the dunderhead eco-twits don't have any solutions that stand up to the least diligent scrutiny.

Solutions that put us living in mud huts just won't fly. At the most basic level there isn't enough real estate for single-story hovels. And the fact that they need a complete rebuild every year or two starts to tax the supplies of suitable earth and straw and water. And it will be a hard sell to accept movie stars in dirty clothes that smell like ass. And since there would be no fresh water, sewage or other infrastructure for the huts, things would start getting deadly quickly.

The solution: let the 3rd-World fuckwads kill themselves off, then move in and build condos. Arcologies! That will buy us a couple hundred more years before we choke ourselves to death on our own waste.

Oh. And stop breeding. Per letting Ethiopia self destruct, that goes for the nicer tourist spots as well. We need fewer humans, people. That means you! And your children. And your children's children. You! Stop fucking!!

I'm curious to know what the next dominant species will use for raw materials and power. What form will 1 liter soda bottles take after 20,000 years? Will they be able to make houses or fuel out of rotted polyester? Will they check out the burned out central valley of California and marvel that this barren wasteland once fed billions of people? Like Iraq today? Remember grade school history? They used to call that shithole "The Fertile Crescent". :lol: Today... not so much.

See, my theory is -- provided we don't choke on our own waste first -- civilization will continue -- as it has since before Eve took a bite out of that apple -- to just migrate around the planet seeking fertile soil and resources, laying waste to it all and moving on. As global warming and global cooling continue to cycle, completely ignoring our attempts to control either, the Sahara will once again be fertile, the center of North America will wither and dry, and Ipanema will be replaced by Nova Scotia. "Dude! Check out that chick's noofie! Hubba hubba!" That model is sustainable so long as there is a plague or other catastrophic population event every 1000 years or so.

Ban medical research! We do not want to prolong life! That is seriously unecological and selfish! The weak, old and feeble must die! That's the natural, ecological way.

Chime in here people; what am I missing?

Shame on [those smug environmentalists], Reid discharged his waste into the Hudson for years.

I am all for not blowing through all our planet's resources in a single generation but...

Most of the dunderhead eco-twits don't have any solutions that stand up to the least diligent scrutiny.

Solutions that put us living in mud huts just won't fly. At the most basic level there isn't enough real estate for single-story hovels. And the fact that they need a complete rebuild every year or two starts to tax the supplies of suitable earth and straw and water. And it will be a hard sell to accept movie stars in dirty clothes that smell like ass. And since there would be no fresh water, sewage or other infrastructure for the huts, things would start getting deadly quickly.

The solution: let the 3rd-World fuckwads kill themselves off, then move in and build condos. Arcologies! That will buy us a couple hundred more years before we choke ourselves to death on our own waste.

Oh. And stop breeding. Per letting Ethiopia self destruct, that goes for the nicer tourist spots as well. We need fewer humans, people. That means you! And your children. And your children's children. You! Stop fucking!!

I'm curious to know what the next dominant species will use for raw materials and power. What form will 1 liter soda bottles take after 20,000 years? Will they be able to make houses or fuel out of rotted polyester? Will they check out the burned out central valley of California and marvel that this barren wasteland once fed billions of people? Like Iraq today? Remember grade school history? They used to call that shithole "The Fertile Crescent". :lol: Today... not so much.

See, my theory is -- provided we don't choke on our own waste first -- civilization will continue -- as it has since before Eve took a bite out of that apple -- to just migrate around the planet seeking fertile soil and resources, laying waste to it all and moving on. As global warming and global cooling continue to cycle, completely ignoring our attempts to control either, the Sahara will once again be fertile, the center of North America will wither and dry, and Ipanema will be replaced by Nova Scotia. "Dude! Check out that chick's noofie! Hubba hubba!" That model is sustainable so long as there is a plague or other catastrophic population event every 1000 years or so.

Ban medical research! We do not want to prolong life! That is seriously unecological and selfish! The weak, old and feeble must die! That's the natural, ecological way.

that this is a sailing related forum.

You forgot to add the part where she's more fun than half a share of four way windowpane and the 5/8/78 Cornell Dead show

There is a high likelihood that I am mistaken, but I do believe you mean the 1977 Cornell show.

Yep, you're right SE. Blame my pitiful typing.

Remember the snow?

No no no no.

Pick one:

1. This is a thread about drifting around aimlessly and seeing if you can make it for 1000 days without dying.
    There is very little actual sailing going on in this thread.
    Entire civilizations - yea, species -- "drift around aimlessly". Some last 1000 days years. Some don't.
  2. This is a thread about art. Poetry, fiction and creativity take top honors here.
  3. All of the above... and more!

You forgot to add the part where she's more fun than half a share of four way windowpane and the 5/8/78 Cornell Dead show

There is a high likelihood that I am mistaken, but I do believe you mean the 1977 Cornell show.

Yep, you're right SE. Blame my pitiful typing.

Remember the snow?

s631133.jpg

Quoted from Hollywood Palladium show, 1971:

Weir:
Hey! You down there with the microphone!

Voice, off-mike:
Oh shit...

Weir:
If you want to get a decent recording you got to move back about 40 feet.

Garcia:
That's right.

Voice, off-mike:
Let's try it right here.

Swan, I think he didn't do that. When I was there, he and Laurent were always running back and forth to the dunny in either the office or the Frying Pan (which has full plumbing). John had the office set up pretty sweet too, there was a shower in there as well. Why would they go back and forth to the loo if they were using the head on Anne?

I think you're assuming that since he didn't have holding tanks on Anne that he was dumping. But there were plenty of live-aboards on the Hudson with holding tanks that dumped. The only pump-out that I knew of was in the marina in Hoboken, there wasn't a pump-out at Chelsea Piers that was useable, nor the 79th Street Boat Basin nor WTC, nor Liberty Harbor North nor East 23rd Street. 79th Street, in particular was a cesspool, at least fifty floating homes there with questionable effluent.

I had a holding tank on my boat and I put all my books on the head just to make sure my guests didn't forget and use it by accident because I didn't want to have to deal with pump-out.

But I am 100% sure that there were other boats in the area that discharged. You wouldn't suspect because they were beautiful, expensive boats, but they definitely did it, because I never saw any of them at the loo and I know that they didn't pump their tanks.

You forgot to add the part where she's more fun than half a share of four way windowpane and the 5/8/78 Cornell Dead show, whereas you Mike, are exactly the kind of guy who makes me prejudge NewYorkers.

I'm from Colorado, and more than happy to give you a reason to prejudge them Coloradoans. You know them blokes from Colorado, everyone hates 'em right? They're all just like me or worse ... Nikola Tesla, Trey Parker, Golda Meir, John Kerry, Bill Murray ... damn them all!

A livaboard environmentalist with two heads on his boat would have installed holding tanks.

An environmentalist that often took large parties out for sails would have had functional heads for his guests. Again, heads with holding tanks.

The mighty Hudson is grateful for Stowe's absence.

A livaboard environmentalist with two heads on his boat would have installed holding tanks.

An environmentalist that often took large parties out for sails would have had functional heads for his guests. Again, heads with holding tanks.

Do you know anyone that used the heads on Anne on one of his sails? I went once, and he was clear that everyone had to use the bathroom on Frying Pan before we left. I can't think of a single time when he even took Anne any farther than Ellis Island, and most of the time if Anne wasn't docked you could see her doing one of his promo tours no further North than Intrepid. The running joke with the blokes at Pier 63 was that Anne had a 1000-foot tether in case something else broke down ... something was always breaking on that boat.

After his honeymoon cruise, some of the guys were surprised he even lasted a few months. Eddie didn't even think he would make it past Sandy Hook.

Do you know anyone that used the heads on Anne on one of his sails? I went once, and he was clear that everyone had to use the bathroom on Frying Pan before we left. I can't think of a single time when he even took Anne any farther than Ellis Island, and most of the time if Anne wasn't docked you could see her doing one of his promo tours no further North than Intrepid. The running joke with the blokes at Pier 63 was that Anne had a 1000-foot tether in case something else broke down ... something was always breaking on that boat.

After his honeymoon cruise, some of the guys were surprised he even lasted a few months. Eddie didn't even think he would make it past Sandy Hook.

Saw the Tantra Schooner twice, once on a lovely weekend afternoon as it was leaving the dock with a large sailing party most of which alredy had drinks in their hand. Don't think many of them were going to last too long without access to a head. Just sayin'.

Swan, I think he didn't do that. When I was there, he and Laurent were always running back and forth to the dunny in either the office or the Frying Pan (which has full plumbing). John had the office set up pretty sweet too, there was a shower in there as well. Why would they go back and forth to the loo if they were using the head on Anne?

I think you're assuming that since he didn't have holding tanks on Anne that he was dumping. But there were plenty of live-aboards on the Hudson with holding tanks that dumped. The only pump-out that I knew of was in the marina in Hoboken, there wasn't a pump-out at Chelsea Piers that was useable, nor the 79th Street Boat Basin nor WTC, nor Liberty Harbor North nor East 23rd Street. 79th Street, in particular was a cesspool, at least fifty floating homes there with questionable effluent.

I had a holding tank on my boat and I put all my books on the head just to make sure my guests didn't forget and use it by accident because I didn't want to have to deal with pump-out.

But I am 100% sure that there were other boats in the area that discharged. You wouldn't suspect because they were beautiful, expensive boats, but they definitely did it, because I never saw any of them at the loo and I know that they didn't pump their tanks.

Stowe was charged, and he admitted that he did IN FACT discharge a specific, SUBSTANTIAL amount of raw sewage; and he paid a fine. You can find copies of the actual docs here in the thread. Sorry Pollyanna, but it's true.

Suspense.

...Will the flying fish land ON the deck....or hit the plexi bubble and bounce clear off to port, only to be consumed by a Mahi.

...Will the CEO of Maersk stay in the game....or shift the company over to a land based thong retail business.

So many azure questions...

3657955347_fb0f4ddb48_o.jpg

Day 793 Evolved Athletics Wednesday, 24 June 2009 793.jpg

Day 793 - June 24, 2009

Wind S, 15 knots, Course NW, Speed 1 knot, Position 5858n by 15*59w

Evolved Athletics

Anybody who has sailed knows what an athletic sport it is. Knowledge, skills, vision and love are other issues, but the poise, balance, strength and endurance it takes tests the body in many ways, especially if the sailor is competing, sailing alone, in rough weather or out for more than a few hours. Possibly, this voyage is "The Marathon Beyond All Marathons" because it is unprecedented and incomprehensible to sail for so many days nonstop.

In the sports world people perform for such short periods of time. Within a few hours they retire to the comfort of bed, then rest until the next season. Mountain climbers extend themselves further and ocean sailors go even further, but very few have been over 100 days consecutively.

The sport of sailing and sports in general have a very tiny role in history or evolution. The ancient Greeks famously practiced sport and the Pre-Columbian Indians played a day-long ballgame of life and death, which incorporated an element of mans' search to know his place in the cosmos. A short duration in the history of sports, but a long history of mans' search to know himself and his physical capabilities and soul.

That is why, in my small way, I call for a renaissance in sailing. Along the same lines, I try to be an example of and support evolved athletics (with new skills and endurance fueled by more faith and mental acuity), so it will become more meaningful for people. Science has invented substances that have improved athletic performance. I think it is amiss to artificially improve the body for competition, instead I think we might better evoke the hidden powers of the mind and soul to integrate athletic performance into an activity that inspires mankind towards harmony and higher goals.

In my humble way I hope the new mental and athletic skills manifested by this expedition show that all our human activities are like spokes of a wheel leading to our common center. Reverent evolved athletics can help with every ones' life goal, uplifting our spirits out of the physical into the spiritual.

This does not sound like Stowe's writing.

If he was concerned about an athletic challenge he would be doing better than 1 knot in a 15 knot breeze.

If he was concerned about an athletic challenge he would be doing better than 1 knot in a 15 knot breeze.

Come on.

Reid's POS schooner is falling apart. Rusting to pieces. It's a miracle the masts are still standing.

With a captain such as Anne has, the miracle is that she still floats.

Stowe was charged, and he admitted that he did IN FACT discharge a specific, SUBSTANTIAL amount of raw sewage; and he paid a fine. You can find copies of the actual docs here in the thread. Sorry Pollyanna, but it's true.

Huh ... well if that's true then I guess it explains why he was so religious about using the head in Frying Pan, he had already been caught. I hate that sh-t, literally. (Just one question though ... if Anne had a straight pipe, and no holding tank, how did they catch him dumping a "substantial" amount of sewage, unless they had taken multiple samples? That part doesn't make sense to me.)

Anyway, it's sort of the dirty secret of the cruising world isn't it? How many cruisers actually use their holding tanks religiously when in port, or worse, just use their tanks and then take weekly "pleasure sails" a few miles off anchor to dump?

To me, it's like the Armani-clad corporate VP with the tasteful loafers that uses the restroom and then waltzes back into the real world to shake hands without a touch of soap or water. I've seen people that do this, and from then on I can't look at them the same way.

Of course part of the problem is the limited tankage, and another is that marina owners have a hard time making money off of their pump-outs. The self-treating holding systems are good, more people should use those, but it's an expense on which people pass, they would often rather have the best radar system or top-quality rigging than a decent self-treating system.

But the end result is that formerly beautiful anchorages are now nearly undivable and disgusting ... it just makes parents cringe when they see their kids in it.

The self-treating holding systems are good, more people should use those, but it's an expense on which people pass, they would often rather have the best radar system or top-quality rigging than a decent self-treating system.

Money is definitely not the issue -- at least not the driving issue. The issue is the space the extra equipment takes up, the power requirements to operate it, the smell they make while operating (it isn't a "waste" smell per se, but the smells associated with high heat in small spaces), safety issues associated with that high heat, and the extra mechanical and electrical parts and the maintenance those part require. It's the complication that drives people way from the most thorough treatment systems.

But the end result is that formerly beautiful anchorages are now nearly undivable and disgusting ... it just makes parents cringe when they see their kids in it.

In Southern California, harbor authorities put dye pellets into the heads of visiting yachts. If they spot any dye around your boat the fines are not insubstantial. The result is that many harbors are really cleaning up -- more-or-less all by the natural action of currents and tides. The most striking example I have seen is Avalon in Catalina Island. It used to be pretty gross. Now you can see the bottom quite clearly on most days. You can watch the glittering Garibaldi dart amongst the seaweed. Progress!

Huh ... well if that's true then I guess it explains why he was so religious about using the head in Frying Pan, he had already been caught. I hate that sh-t, literally. (Just one question though ... if Anne had a straight pipe, and no holding tank, how did they catch him dumping a "substantial" amount of sewage, unless they had taken multiple samples? That part doesn't make sense to me.)

Anyway, it's sort of the dirty secret of the cruising world isn't it? How many cruisers actually use their holding tanks religiously when in port, or worse, just use their tanks and then take weekly "pleasure sails" a few miles off anchor to dump?

To me, it's like the Armani-clad corporate VP with the tasteful loafers that uses the restroom and then waltzes back into the real world to shake hands without a touch of soap or water. I've seen people that do this, and from then on I can't look at them the same way.

Of course part of the problem is the limited tankage, and another is that marina owners have a hard time making money off of their pump-outs. The self-treating holding systems are good, more people should use those, but it's an expense on which people pass, they would often rather have the best radar system or top-quality rigging than a decent self-treating system.

from my buddy weid didn't shit in the river to fear of piss pinky, lost wonders and kids playing poop polo all in one breath

bravo!

post-1557-1245901018_thumb.jpg

from my buddy weid didn't shit in the river to fear of piss pinky, lost wonders and kids playing poop polo all in one breath

bravo!

post-1557-1245901018_thumb.jpg

Who is that dashing fellow with the tinfoil alien-beam sailor's hat? My goodness, what a sight for sore eyes!

Come on.

Reid's POS schooner is falling apart. Rusting to pieces. It's a miracle the masts are still standing.

With a captain such as Anne has, the miracle is that she still floats.

Boats have a way of looking after foolish idiots.

Money is definitely not the issue -- at least not the driving issue. The issue is the space the extra equipment takes up, the power requirements to operate it, the smell they make while operating (it isn't a "waste" smell per se, but the smells associated with high heat in small spaces), safety issues associated with that high heat, and the extra mechanical and electrical parts and the maintenance those part require. It's the complication that drives people way from the most thorough treatment systems.

But those zapper systems aren't any more complicated than a decent GPS autopilot, and the amp draw is less than 50% of a small fridge. Plus, a functional holding tank for one plus the zapper, macerator and saltwater holding tank takes less space than a largish holding tank only. I imagine if they force boats in NYC to use those dye tablets that would improve things, at least give people an incentive to install the zappers. But you might have more of an optimistic view of people ... a lot of the boaters I know wouldn't spend money on one until they are forced to do so. They'll just keep running a straight pipe. And how persistent is the dye tablet? If someone flushes the head a few times into the holding tank, can't they then flip their y-valve and go direct without anyone knowing?

In Southern California, harbor authorities put dye pellets into the heads of visiting yachts. If they spot any dye around your boat the fines are not insubstantial. The result is that many harbors are really cleaning up -- more-or-less all by the natural action of currents and tides. The most striking example I have seen is Avalon in Catalina Island. It used to be pretty gross. Now you can see the bottom quite clearly on most days. You can watch the glittering Garibaldi dart amongst the seaweed. Progress!

The West Coast is a bit ahead of the rest of the country I think. There is a lawlessness on the East Coast (at least in NYC) where people will just do whatever they can get away with, and then brag about it to their close friends. Most people are don't do it, but 10% or so do, and that's enough to just make it disgusting with the population density there. The industrial waste is going away but the yacht waste is getting worse.

No no no no.

Pick one:

1. This is a thread about drifting around aimlessly and seeing if you can make it for 1000 days without dying.
    Entire civilizations - yea, species -- "drift around aimlessly". Some last 1000 days years. Some don't.
  2. This is a thread about art. Poetry, fiction and creativity take top honors here.

Funny, I thought this thread is about a self-deluded, deadbeat, flim-flam artist and felon, who was forced to depart - ill prepared - on his inglorious misadventure only when he was kicked off of the pier upon which he had been freeloading for years, because he had no where else to go, and no other options.

Other than knocking up an equally delusional female companion with no skills, training or qualifications for the fantastic voyage, did I miss anything?

Funny, I thought this thread is about a self-deluded, deadbeat, flim-flam artist and felon, who was forced to depart - ill prepared - on his inglorious misadventure only when he was kicked off of the pier upon which he had been freeloading for years, because he had no where else to go, and no other options.

Other than knocking up an equally delusional female companion with no skills, training or qualifications for the fantastic voyage, did I miss anything?

An excellent summary!!

Ask Mikey! He likes it!

mikey.bmp

Well worded Remodel. Funny how Mikey wants to stick up for his "fiend" but won't discuss the finer points of Sir DriftAlot's voyage.

the drift king hasn't moved in 8 days, 801-808, depending on your count. Whats up?

did he sink and MC is still posting blogs? Hopefully he got two sea turtles and made it to shore, a bit less than 300 miles according to the tracker.

Ask Mikey! He likes it!

mikey.bmp

Well worded Remodel. Funny how Mikey wants to stick up for his "fiend" but won't discuss the finer points of Sir DriftAlot's voyage.

I've discussed anything you guys have asked of me to discuss. Nobody is perfect, not Reid, and not even Doug Howlett. I imagine if there was a whole forum of folks dissecting every business deal you made in your publishing empire, or every aspect of your 144 IQ, or every detail of your marriage, your cruising lifestyle that somehow leads back to Boston every day, then perhaps there would be plenty of "finer points" to your voyage as well.

If you disagree with me, please show me an instance where I refused to "discuss the finer points of Sir DriftAlot's voyage."

No no no no.

Pick one:

Thanks for the summary.... now can you do a summary "update" too?

Mike asked for proof that Weed's website for 7 YEARS claimed 1000 Days was a not-for-profit.......... I gave that to him, but hmmmmmmm... no "discussion" of it since.

I didn't ask for proof of that, I asked how you knew that he is conducting business without the use of some form of 501c3. It should be simple enough to find out.

Why would I discuss something that you just made up, unless, you know ... I was some kind of fortune-teller discussion guy.

I had a strange feeling just now, when I was reading the thread about the Mackinac race ... I felt a bizarre, unexplainable sense of camaraderie with all of you blokes. I love the way everyone here is like "f-ck you," it has that feeling of just hanging with friends watching the Red Wings lose, drinking cheap beer. You folks really are my kind of people.

Mike asked for proof that Weed's website for 7 YEARS claimed 1000 Days was a not-for-profit.......... I gave that to him, but hmmmmmmm... no "discussion" of it since.

I didn't ask for proof of that, I asked how you knew that he is conducting business without the use of some form of 501c3. It should be simple enough to find out.

Why would I discuss something that you just made up, unless, you know ... I was some kind of fortune-teller discussion guy.

I had a strange feeling just now, when I was reading the thread about the Mackinac race ... I felt a bizarre, unexplainable sense of camaraderie with all of you blokes. I love the way everyone here is like "f-ck you," it has that feeling of just hanging with friends watching the Red Wings lose, drinking cheap beer. You folks really are my kind of people.

Wait, maybe I did ask for that, I don't remember anymore. But they're not doing business as a 501c3 are they?

Also, where did they say that donations to 1000 Days are tax-deductable? I don't follow their organization, so a simple link will suffice. Thank you.

I've posted the website verbiage twice in the past week..... but since you seem rather slow on the uptake, here you go. You're welcome.

1998 ~ http://web.archive.org/web/19990427192232/...l/letsdoit.html

2002 ~ http://web.archive.org/web/20010516225942/...w.1000days.net/

2005 ~ http://web.archive.org/web/20040402092141/...l/letsdoit.html

Also note this little extra under reasons for SPONSORSHIP in 2005:

13. You will be supporting a not-for-profit corporation.

Yep, all there with their DONATE NOW! pleas

And no record of a 501c3 for that "good" man of yours.

Also, where did they say that donations to 1000 Days are tax-deductable? I don't follow their organization, so a simple link will suffice. Thank you.

I've posted the website verbiage twice in the past week..... but since you seem rather slow on the uptake, here you go. You're welcome.

Okay, I remember it now. And you claim that they're not doing business with 501C3 because you didn't find one listed for 1000 Days, right? But what account are the checks being deposited into? They could be any 501C3, it could be called "4815162342 Corp." for all anyone knows, right?

Simple enough to find out, just send them a check, and when you get the canceled check back, trace the routing to find out.

Oh NO! She's gone! ZHIK! NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy there LB!! You'll be OK! You'll be OK! You just need a lot of cheap beer nice meds.......... easy now..........

Okay, I remember it now. And you claim that they're not doing business with 501C3 because you didn't find one listed for 1000 Days, right? But what account are the checks being deposited into? They could be any 501C3, it could be called "4815162342 Corp." for all anyone knows, right?

Simple enough to find out, just send them a check, and when you get the canceled check back, trace the routing to find out.

GODDAMMIT!!

He tricked me into donating!

The evidence we have is good enough for me, Mike. YOU go prove he didn't try to dupe potential donors........

1. Seven years of CLAIMING not-for-profit status for a "scientific expedition". Quote: "His three year expedition will be self contained and will operate under 1,000 Days Non Stop at Sea, Ltd, a Not-For-Profit corporation."

2. His former sailing partner and girlfriend wrote letters to donors, universities, and organizations ie the planetarium to apologize for being involved with 1000 Days when she knew the 501c3 had never been filed.

3. The statements making this claim were then removed from the 1000 Days website.

4. There is no evidence of any filing in IRS records.

5. Checks are currently made payable to "Reid Stowe". For quite a long time at the beginning of the voyage, it was stated on the website that contributions would be directed to "Reid Debt".

The evidence we have is good enough for me, Mike. YOU go prove he didn't try to dupe potential donors........

1. Seven years of CLAIMING not-for-profit status for a "scientific expedition". Quote: "His three year expedition will be self contained and will operate under 1,000 Days Non Stop at Sea, Ltd, a Not-For-Profit corporation."

2. His former sailing partner and girlfriend wrote letters to donors, universities, and organizations ie the planetarium to apologize for being involved with 1000 Days when she knew the 501c3 had never been filed.

3. The statements making this claim were then removed from the 1000 Days website.

5. Checks are currently made payable to "Reid Stowe". For quite a long time at the beginning of the voyage, it was stated on the website that contributions would be directed to "Reid Debt".

The checks are made payable to Reid? That doesn't sound like they're using 501c3. Of course they could still be a non-profit corporation, but without the 501c3 filing which would disallow contributor tax deductions. (Strange that they didn't do that filing, it's pretty fast and simple.)

Now the next step ... find someone who donated money to them assuming they were 501c3 and claims they were defrauded. If you can find someone like that then you're getting somewhere in your quest. Do you know anyone like that? If not, then you're just spitting sour grapes.

Speaking of which ... why do sour grapes have such a bad reputation but not sour cherries? Sour cherries are delicious, and strangely enough, much harder to get than the sweet cherries. I remember hanging out on Mill Rock Island with the boat parade going by stuffing my face with wild sour cherries and huckleberries.

The checks are made payable to Reid? That doesn't sound like they're using 501c3. Of course they could still be a non-profit corporation, but without the 501c3 filing which would disallow contributor tax deductions. (Strange that they didn't do that filing, it's pretty fast and simple.)

Now the next step ... find someone who donated money to them assuming they were 501c3 and claims they were defrauded. If you can find someone like that then you're getting somewhere in your quest. Do you know anyone like that? If not, then you're just spitting sour grapes.

Speaking of which ... why do sour grapes have such a bad reputation but not sour cherries? Sour cherries are delicious, and strangely enough, much harder to get than the sweet cherries. I remember hanging out on Mill Rock Island with the boat parade going by stuffing my face with wild sour cherries and huckleberries.

See, victims of fraud like that are not just going to step forward because they're concerned about their public image. That's why grifts like this so frequently work so well. I guess it's conceivable that we could be jealous of how easily sociopaths can make a living.

Strange that they didn't do that filing, it's pretty fast and simple.

Really?

Let me guess; you moonlighted as a NGO attorney for a few years back in the day...

Nah Alan, anyone can file the forms, they're designed to be mostly diy. I've done regular corporate filings, and been board for a 501c3. It's just boilerplate, Nolo sells the book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Form-Nonprofit-Corpo...4910&sr=8-1

Why, you planning to go 501c3 for something? There is also a "Dummies" book but the Nolo one is better.

Sour grapes, huh? Yep, anybody remotely critical of your hero must surely be a bitter, jealous hater.........

Bullshit.

The NEXT step with this particular matter will be sorted out by the IRS, and I do have standing because I am a taxpayer. Were improper tax deductions taken by those who contributed to Stowe's "scientific expedition"? If not, did Stowe pay taxes on $200,000+ worth of donated goods?

I've already had to support his ass to provide a public defender, seat a judge, house him in prison, and later on a tether because he was busted for smuggling 30,000 lbs of pot. Were there also social costs associated with any of his "customers"? Can you seriously believe that was his lone transgression when a previously unemployed 27 yr old suddenly comes home with the cash to build a 70 foot schooner? Or the young hotshot is later cruising NYC in his Rolls?

I guess you're saying I should overlook his dumping sewage because others probably dumped more? Sorry, taxpayers pay for river clean-ups.

Oh, but what an inspiration! He held on to his dream for over 20 years! He's doing it! And all the while, he ignored his child support obligation ~ so again the taxpayer got screwed because his DREAM was more important than his daughter. That charming story of how he and his third bride asked for food as wedding gifts? I'd be more impressed if he'd "stepped up" and asked for help paying his child support. It's pretty damn pathetic that he's only repaid it thanks to Maersk dusting him off with a settlement following his stupidity in not keeping a watch. Are Soanya and Darshen now receiving government aid because WE taxpayers should "understand the importance of this mission"?

You, Mr Weeks, and all the other MC buddies that pass through here put your "great adventurer" on a pedestal I will never understand. Your stated mission here was to offset the negativity by telling us what a "nice guy" Reid was with you. That's great to support a friend, but it can't be denied that Stowe has been living the life of a selfish, law-breaking leech for well over 30 years. There's nothing I see that deserves respect, but you're welcome to try to convince me otherwise.

See, victims of fraud like that are not just going to step forward because they're concerned about their public image. That's why grifts like this so frequently work so well. I guess it's conceivable that we could be jealous of how easily sociopaths can make a living.

Victims of fraud? Who are these victims? Surely at least one of them would have entered some kind of claim again Reid that we can see as a public filing, right?

Isn't the SA rule that without pictures it's b.s.? So there's gossip about this and that, where's a filing? If they had plans to go 501c3 and then changed their mind for some reason, but then updated their promotional materials in good faith, that's barely fraud. Worst-case scenario is that they would have to reimburse the differential from the deduction or return the donation.

I've seen real fraud, where people disappear with money ... lie, cheat, steal, falsify, remove life savings. Even the biggest Reid detractor would have to admit this is a technicality at best (worst).

I keep reading about all the lives that Reid had destroyed. Can't some of them, or even one of them, come on this forum and share their real life experiences? All of this gossip is starting to make us all sound like a line of giggling Japanese schoolgirls.

Really?

Let me guess; you moonlighted as a NGO attorney for a few years back in the day...

Nah Alan, anyone can file the forms, they're designed to be mostly diy. I've done regular corporate filings, and been board for a 501c3. It's just boilerplate, Nolo sells the book here:

Why, you planning to go 501c3 for something? There is also a "Dummies" book but the Nolo one is better.

Been there, done that, and anyone that thinks it is quick and painless hasn't done it in a while. Just sayin'

The NEXT step with this particular matter will be sorted out by the IRS, and I do have standing because I am a taxpayer. Were improper tax deductions taken by those who contributed to Stowe's "scientific expedition"? If not, did Stowe pay taxes on $200,000+ worth of donated goods?

I'm not too expert on tax matters, but Reid would have to pay taxes based on end-of-year profits right? Has he shown a profit from this thing, or do the balance sheets sum up to zero? I don't know how much it costs to do something like this, but I reckon they can amortize the donations over a few years, right?

I've already had to support his ass to provide a public defender, seat a judge, house him in prison, and later on a tether because he was busted for smuggling 30,000 lbs of pot. Were there also social costs associated with any of his "customers"? Can you seriously believe that was his lone transgression when a previously unemployed 27 yr old suddenly comes home with the cash to build a 70 foot schooner? Or the young hotshot is later cruising NYC in his Rolls?

Medium-term drug offenders are often profitable prisoners to the state, their prison labor often ends up being sold for more than the cost to put them there. Go look at Wackenhut's annual report before you start spouting off about how expensive he was to you, Caroline.

I guess you're saying I should overlook his dumping sewage because others probably dumped more? Sorry, taxpayers pay for river clean-ups.

No, I hate that, as I wrote before, go read it. But nobody answered my question about how he could have been fined for dumping considerable sewage if he didn't have a holding tank. But whatever ... let's say the EPA helicopter tailed him for three days and used their Lidar to gather all the data they needed and he is guilty as hell. Okay, now what am I supposed to do, demonize him for doing it? Dumping is wrong, it would be something I wouldn't do, and I leave it at that. I wrote several times that when I knew him he was religious about using the plumbing in Frying Pan or John's office. Am I supposed to believe gossip over my own experience? And even if he did do it, when I knew him he was obviously a rehabilitated pooper ... should he be scarred for life?

Oh, but what an inspiration! He held on to his dream for over 20 years! He's doing it! And all the while, he ignored his child support obligation ~ so again the taxpayer got screwed because his DREAM was more important than his daughter. That charming story of how he and his third bride asked for food as wedding gifts? I'd be more impressed if he'd "stepped up" and asked for help paying his child support. It's pretty damn pathetic that he's only repaid it thanks to Maersk dusting him off with a settlement following his stupidity in not keeping a watch. Are Soanya and Darshen now receiving government aid because WE taxpayers should "understand the importance of this mission"?

You seem to be very preoccupied with how much tax money they are costing you. Are you a Libertarian? If so, I would like to read about some of your other complaints about tax waste, because calling Reid a tax-suck is disingenuous.

You, Mr Weeks, and all the other MC buddies that pass through here put your "great adventurer" on a pedestal I will never understand. Your stated mission here was to offset the negativity by telling us what a "nice guy" Reid was with you. That's great to support a friend, but it can't be denied that Stowe has been living the life of a selfish, law-breaking leech for well over 30 years. There's nothing I see that deserves respect, but you're welcome to try to convince me otherwise.

I'm still not getting this whole thing though. I can understand that there are aspects of his personality that you don't like, and that's okay. There are aspects of his business and lifestyle that you don't like, and that's okay. But I'm still trying to understand the overwhelming power of these convictions about Reid. It's just strange to me.

It reminds me of someone chasing a housefly around their living room with a can of Lysol and a lighter ... at some point the annoyance of the fly can't possibly be responsible for the firepower weilded by the attacker. There is clearly another emotion at work here, and I'm just curious as to what it is.

In my case, the emotion is pretty clear. Reid was okay, but I'm not his protector. My reason for being here is that I enjoy the conversation, the challenge of the debate, the pleasure of the diversion from my work. And more that anything, I like debating this one because it lets me relive my youth a bit when I lived at Pier 63. But I'm trying to understand the emotions of everyone else here, and it's not easy for me. The physicist in me sees a puzzle and I keep probing it until I can understand it.

Been there, done that, and anyone that thinks it is quick and painless hasn't done it in a while. Just sayin'

I haven't done it in a while, you're right. I'm lucky that now I get to owe money to lawyers to let them do it for me. But I'm sure you agree with me that it's not a whole lot more difficult than spending a week rebuilding an Atomic 4 while half-drunk on Schlitz.

Really?

And even if it was quick and painless, its not just the filing, its the REQUIRED continued yearly tax filings, the record keeping of REQUIRED regular board minutes and accounting trails, and last, but NOT least passing the almost certain IRS audit after 5 or so years as a 501c3 to demonstrate that the "charitable purpose" is in fact being met, and that everything is on the up and up. Especially if you have been soliciting public contributions and people have been taking write-offs.

Anybody over in MC want to show some of their tax records and board meeting minutes (yes those are, I repeat, REQUIRED to prove the non-profit is acting like a non-profit.)

Didn't think so. Ergo: Scenario #1: Not a 501c3 = Fraud

If it actually was a 501c3, its a corporation first and foremost, and any payment out to individuals (such as for "Reid debt") is taxable compensation. Did he pay withholding? FICA? Its only corporate income taxes a 501c3 ducks.

Didn't think so. Ergo: Scenario #2: An incompetently managed 501c3 = Tax Evasion

Its not good to fool with the IRS.

Fuckin' idiots, all of them.

And even if it was quick and painless, its not just the filing, its the REQUIRED continued yearly tax filings, the record keeping of REQUIRED regular board minutes and accounting trails, and last, but NOT least passing the almost certain IRS audit after 5 or so years as a 501c3 to demonstrate that the "charitable purpose" is in fact being met, and that everything is on the up and up. Especially if you have been soliciting public contributions and people have been taking write-offs.

Anybody over in MC want to show some of their tax records and board meeting minutes (yes those are, I repeat, REQUIRED to prove the non-profit is acting like a non-profit.)

Didn't think so. Ergo: Scenario #1: Not a 501c3 = Fraud

No.

Fraud would be if they were claiming to have 501c3 status in order to solicit donations while not having it. They're not claiming that. JPlanet dug around in some outdated 1000 Days promotional material that showed they had at one point claimed to be a charitable organization. But he didn't show anywhere they claimed to have 501c3 status, did he? And they don't claim that now, so it could be argued that they are conducting business in good faith after they found they couldn't become 501c3 compliant.

If it actually was a 501c3, its a corporation first and foremost, and any payment out to individuals (such as for "Reid debt") is taxable compensation. Did he pay withholding? FICA? Its only corporate income taxes a 501c3 ducks.

Didn't think so. Ergo: Scenario #2: An incompetently managed 501c3 = Tax Evasion

Its not good to fool with the IRS.

Fuckin' idiots, all of them.

You would be right about all of this if they were a 501c3, which they are apparently not, or if they were claiming to be a 501c3, which they are apparently not.

As far as I can see, they are a conventional corporation that originally wanted to be a chartity but couldn't or didn't want to do that. Who knows? Are they evading taxes? I don't know, it's not my business.

But if the Sailing Anarchy folks are suddenly the self-appointed police force for the IRS, then let's see some real tax-evasion talk ... what about IBM, Microsoft and Halliburton? All three of these companies have had to pay restitution for tax-evasion, Halliburton even sponsors yacht races.

But if the Sailing Anarchy folks are suddenly the self-appointed police force for the IRS, then let's see some real tax-evasion talk ... what about IBM, Microsoft and Halliburton? All three of these companies have had to pay restitution for tax-evasion, Halliburton even sponsors yacht races.

You missed your stop. The elevator goes 14 forums down for that question. Would you like to start the thread there about IBM, Microsoft and Halliburton tax evasion or should I?

[name=mikewofsey' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:40 PM' post='2334251]

Medium-term drug offenders are often profitable prisoners to the state, their prison labor often ends up being sold for more than the cost to put them there. Go look at Wackenhut's annual report before you start spouting off about how expensive he was to you, Caroline.

WTF?! Well, apparently you've solved America's fiscal crisis ~ just arrest more drug offenders. So we shouldn't discuss the COST of the "War on Drugs"? Leave that to PA. I highly doubt Weed's stint in a Federal pen in Texas was a net gain to anybody.

Somebody dumped more shit in the Hudson? Somebody was a bigger tax cheat? Somebody worked in prison and proved a benefit to society? Quit fading off to point the finger at others ~ that's weak.

Am I supposed to believe gossip over my own experience? And even if he did do it, when I knew him he was obviously a rehabilitated pooper ... should he be scarred for life?

I give you proofs, but you fall back to calling it "gossip" again? THAT is typical MC-Blather™, and you should be intelligent enough to accept that your hero has some serious faults. I'm not saying don't try to defend him ~ but stick with the facts, please.

You seem to be very preoccupied with how much tax money they are costing you.

Just showing the undeniable truth of the man's life-long pattern of trying to circumvent the rules (DEA, IRS, EPA, court-ordered child support) and ignoring his responsibilities... that cost US. I don't go for able-bodied leeches declaring themselves (by their actions) ENTITLED, regardless of their DREAMS. I'd have NO opinion if he wasn't using ME to support his "mission", however miniscule my contribution may be.

I'm still not getting this whole thing though. I can understand that there are aspects of his personality that you don't like, and that's okay. There are aspects of his business and lifestyle that you don't like, and that's okay. But I'm still trying to understand the overwhelming power of these convictions about Reid. It's just strange to me.

I'm still not getting this whole thing though. I can understand that there are aspects of his personality that you like, and that's okay. There are aspects of his business and lifestyle that you like, and that's okay. But I'm still trying to understand the overwhelming power of these convictions about Reid. It's just strange to me.

There is clearly another emotion at work here, and I'm just curious as to what it is.

Call it loss of patience as yet another devotee ignores the truth put under his/her nose while rhapsodizing on the wondrous qualities of Reid Stowe. Our last MC Troll (Mr Sparky Weeks) repeatedly ignored Stowe's own words as he denied the Anne was leaking at departure. I'm not going to let you invent or twist the real situation without speaking up with FACTS.

Otherwise, I'm here for amusement value (where else can we see the twisted brains of CScow, RD, LonelyBoy and NickDG at work? :lol: ), and to see the closing chapters of this ENTERTAINMENT. Any emotion of involvement ended when Soanya was safely delivered to the dock in Perth. Beyond that, it's all simple curiosity combined with my love of marketing ~ how the hell will MC manage to turn a dirtbag into a cash cow, as they expect?

You would be right about all of this if they were a 501c3, which they are apparently not, or if they were claiming to be a 501c3, which they are apparently not.

There you go again, Mike. YES, THEY DID CLAIM TO BE NOT-FOR-PROFIT FOR SEVEN YEARS. And again......zzzz...zzzzz... point the figure at everybody else.

how the hell will MC manage to turn a dirtbag into a cash cow as they expect?

Is MC really sure that the TFR drifting fest is cut off from any and all possiblities of funding from NASA?

how the hell will MC manage to turn a dirtbag into a cash cow as they expect?

Is MC really sure that the TFR drifting fest is cut off from any and all possiblities of funding from NASA?

I'm really sure they'd be happy if you'd present a grant proposal to NASA on Weed's behalf :lol:

There you go again, Mike. YES, THEY DID CLAIM TO BE NOT-FOR-PROFIT FOR SEVEN YEARS. And again......zzzz...zzzzz... point thepost-1557-1245995496.jpgat everybody else.

fixed

I'm really sure they'd be happy if you'd present a grant proposal to NASA on Weed's behalf :lol:

Does Weed have his 501c3 status? It's hard to get grants without it. :lol:

Does Weed have his 501c3 status? It's hard to get grants without it. :lol:

No 501c3 status. And yes the IRS will have some fun when/if the Sproutship returns. Stowe has a lot 'o 'splainin to do.

Well it looks like Weid did attempt to confuse donors that he was a non-profit using the "1000 Days Non Stop at Sea, Ltd."

Here's one example: (cite)

FREE IN-DOOR AND OUT-DOOR HOLISTIC EXPO

presented by 1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea Ltd.

Saturday, SEPTEMBER 7, 2002

Starting at 10 AM until Sunset

Pier 63

West 23rd Street and Hudson River

(Around North Corner of Basketball City)

By the peaceful setting of Manhattan’s Hudson River

With access to the historic boat, “The Frying Pan”

Expand your knowledge of spirituality and Empower your body and soul:

*Holistic Health Counseling *Psychic Readings

*Healing Sessions (Reiki and Rothworks)

*Yoga demonstrations *Sacred Art *Palm Reading

*Tarot Card Reading *Fortune Tellers *Live Music *Organic Vegan and Raw Food

Sun bathing *River walks

MORE MORE MORE

For future events and sessions, call:

Manuel Fermin: 212-873-9641

(Spiritual Liaison, Intuitive Healer, Herbalist and Nutritionist)

E-mail: mfermin@...

Visit our sponsor site: http://www.1000days.net/html/events.html

And another from asianyachting.com:

12. 1000 DAYS NON-STOP AT SEA

On November 24, Reid Stowe will embark on the longest non-stop sailing voyage ever attempted. Departing from New York Harbour Pier 63, Stowe's voyage, dubbed "1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea," will take him out of sight of land and without re-supply for longer than any of his sailing predecessors. Not since John Sanders circumnavigated 657 days non-stop in 1987 has anyone departed the terra firma for so long.

Stowe's 60 ton 70 foot gaff-rigged schooner - the "Anne" - was conceived, designed and hand-built by him in 1978 as the ultimate long distance heavy weather vessel. This ship has been Stowe's expedition platform for 24 years of voyages in the Caribbean, Europe, South Pacific, and around the world. Reid is refitting his boat for the 1000 Days journey in partnership with 1000 Days Non-Stop at Sea, Ltd., a non-profit corporation. The goal is to sail the longest non-stop voyage in history. Using satellite communications and media production, Stowe and the 1000 Days Expedition team will share this adventure with the world.

Unlike all the other things about Reid we can proove ( Drug smuggling, Deadbeat Dad), there seems to be no proof that there is a 501c3 non-profit.

I would not want to be Reid the next time he arrives in the USA.

But then I would never want to be like Reid...

Really?

Everything is relative, compared to submitting a grant proposal a 501c3 is childs play.