• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

While cogitating this thread and our resident Mikey and his, well, affliction, it dawned on me. He and Slightly Salty and perhaps a couple other landlocked keyboard potatoes admire Sir DriftAlot because they too want to escape the responsibilities of life and escape their pathetic lives. If Woofey sells 100,000 desal units, he'll be able to buy a Mac 26 and be the first to drift a lot after he runs out of gas. Must be frustrating. I mean, his nagging argumentative wife, kids, and lackluster edumacation choice - Univ. of Alabama looks great on a resume, right next to a pic of the General Lee in the real world - has to be driving him nuts. Factor in a bunch of "couldn't make it into MIT" kids (fellow students) who quite frankly couldn't get laid if they were handed a hooker and a then major drop in income after a lackluster publishing career in NYC, and wow! this place looks like tent city to a homeless guy with no ID.

People who bought Michael Jackson CD's after child molestation charges and those who support Reid are no different. Weird. Making way (If you can call it that) at 1 knot in 15-20 is a crime by sailing standards. Fondling little boys is a crime by most peoples standards, but that doesn't stop zillions of people from calling Jacko's death a loss. We didn't lose anything except a sex offender. If Reid makes it or goes down, he is only proving that idiots with a little support can float for a long time. If Wofsey continues to hang here and diatribe about Gremlins and Hexachrome, he is only showing us how absolutely horrible his existence is.

Please help Mikey achieve his dreams - similar to his former dockmate - www.helpmikewofseygetoutofalabama.com

PayPal accepted.

You had me right up until you compared poor sailing to pedophilia. Not even close.

People who bought Michael Jackson CD's after child molestation charges and those who support Reid are no different. Weird.

You had me right up until you compared poor sailing to pedophilia. Not even close.

Read carefully oh Asian Bald one. People who support Reid are weird IMO as are those who supported Jacko. Poor sailing and pedophilia are on very different ends of the weird spectrum.

Someone really needs to offer y'all some Photoshop lessons. Why go to the trouble of firing up your image editor if you're going to pollute the bandwidth with this stuff?

You just so totally lack a sense of humor that you can't comprehend the entertainment value one might derive from horsing around with PAINT! YEAH, PAINT!!! We hardly do it to appease your artistic sensibilities (though classically-trained CScow certainly could, if he was of a mind to sometime).

Y'all are to the world of graphic design as Reid is to the world of yacht racing. They should send you lot to forced labour camps for crimes against humanity with your 'art.'

Someone really needs to offer y'all some Photoshop lessons. Why go to the trouble of firing up your image editor if you're going to pollute the bandwidth with this stuff?

You just so totally lack a sense of humor that you can't comprehend the entertainment value one might derive from horsing around with PAINT! YEAH, PAINT!!! We hardly do it to appease your artistic sensibilities (though classically-trained CScow certainly could, if he was of a mind to sometime).

Y'all are to the world of graphic design as Reid is to the world of yacht racing. They should send you lot to forced labour camps for crimes against humanity with your 'art.'

Did you feel the breeze blow off your toupee as the entire point of what I said flew over your head?

*Thanks Chick on the Boat! I always hoped I could steal that line from you some day! :lol:

I take proper seamanship and the business of sailing/cruising very seriously especially when going offshore. Reid doesn't. Not keeping a proper watch renders him a hazard to navigation. Even if he had set a radar perimeter alarm he would not have hit the Maersk ship. His complete disregard or ignorance - you choose - of some of the basics of seamanship makes me think that mandatory licensing is a good idea. Reid is not a licensed Captain. He has probably never read Chapman's - nor have you obviously, or you would be just as offended. He puts himself and his crew at risk, AND the crews of rescue vessels et al should he hit someone else or sink. If I hear his mayday, it would be my obligation to divert and attempt to rescue his sorry ass. Same thing for idiot kayakers who don't mind drifting out the Hudson and winding up miles offshore.

Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before ... as if serious yacht racers with more electronics than the Space Shuttle don't run aground, hit rocks, shipping containers, get slammed by cargo ships, etc..

I love this image you present of yourself being a hardened captain roaming the seas in your quest for adventure, when yet another distress call comes through your VHF for yet another dim-witted sailor that you single-handedly yank from the water and as they grovel at your feet for saving their lives you wait until the paramedics to carry them away and then sniff in MacGyveresque mock-disgust at having diverted your cruise for six hours.

Red, to save someone's life is the most humbling experience, as much a gift for the saver as the savee.

And as for my sea kayaking, I don't drift, I paddle like a machine for 6 to 10 hours at a stretch. Twice I've seen expensive pleasure yachts hit rocks near Hells Gate that were clearly marked. Chapmans and ColRegs are barely enforced, if at all. They most useful for nautical bible-thumpers like yourself.

Did you feel the breeze blow off your toupee as the entire point of what I said flew over your head?

I got your point. But simply being self-aware of your crimes against art do not somehow magically turn your crimes into art.

Regardless, you should know that Natalia Clavier is becoming extremely popular here in the U.S.A.. Do folks in B.A. still follow her? That's her hometown. I have all of her stuff, even the kids love it.

Chapmans is a fucking book on piloting, seamanship, and small boat handling, not a law. How do you "enforce" it?.

I wrote ColRegs. As for "enforcing" Chapmans ... it reminds me of that scene in Shawshank Redemption, where the warden was thumping the guy's bible, not knowing there was a rock-hammer hidden inside. Some people just get off on thumping their holy books, but open them just a few times a year when there is nothing good on television.

Chapmans is a fucking book on piloting, seamanship, and small boat handling, not a law. How do you "enforce" it?.

I wrote ColRegs. As for "enforcing" Chapmans ... it reminds me of that scene in Shawshank Redemption, where the warden was thumping the guy's bible, not knowing there was a rock-hammer hidden inside. Some people just get off on thumping their holy books, but open them just a few times a year when there is nothing good on television.

Bwaaaa...You are loonier than Stowe. Have you ever actually read Chapmans, or are you just mentally wanking again on something you know nothing about?

*Thanks Chick on the Boat! I always hoped I could steal that line from you some day! :lol:

Jplanet, Where is your 1000 paint photochops website so I can donate via paypal? And is the 1000 paint photochops project a non profit so I can deduct my donation?

BTW I had a real good time at your 500 photochop party. The free print that cost $10 was wonderful.

Jplanet, Where is your 1000 paint photochops website so I can donate via paypal? And is the 1000 paint photochops project a non profit so I can deduct my donation?

BTW I had a real good time at your 500 photochop party. The free print that cost $10 was wonderful.

Thanks for asking! You'll be happy to learn we've just completed our 800th Paint photochop. For the suggested $800 celebratory donation, you will be gifting at our PAINT BUCKET level. I wouldn't want to appear greedy by expecting you to go up the step-ladder for STAR status, as most anything will be a hefty nice improvement over your current rank of PIXEL. Remember ~ I'm doing this for YOU. B)

3675576677_ed9ff66d64.jpg

I got your point. But simply being self-aware of your crimes against art do not somehow magically turn your crimes into art.

Regardless, you should know that Natalia Clavier is becoming extremely popular here in the U.S.A.. Do folks in B.A. still follow her? That's her hometown. I have all of her stuff, even the kids love it.

:lol::lol: And he's a defender of Stowe who drew a horrible rendition of a Carvel ice cream cake by mistake and called it art that was "a gift from the heavens to humanity".

I don't think anyone here considers any of these photochops art. They are cartoons, much in line with the genre of Reid's updates.

Bwaaaa...You are loonier than Stowe. Have you ever actually read Chapmans, or are you just mentally wanking again on something you know nothing about?

But...did Col. Reggie write back?

What did you send ol' Reg? A "1000 days" wish-you-were-here postcard that was free for 10 bucks?

Come on, man. Don't feed the trolls. mikewofsey has nothing better to do than argue on the interweebs...

...just like me, I guess...

A sacred sideslip?? TFR!!! He is definitely starting to come unglued, IMHO........

799-002.jpg

Day 799 - June 30, 2009

Wind SE 5 to 25 knots, Course NW, Speed 1 to 3 knots, Position 6*50n by 16*51w

Sacred Sideslip

There is a sailing maneuver that sailboats have always had the occasion to use called heaving-to. A sail in the middle of the boat is pulled tight fore and aft and the wheel is turned into the wind causing the boat to face into the wind and stall. This is a good maneuver in heavy weather, but also any time a sailor wants to pause for any reason. We have heaved-to regularly on this voyage under many different circumstances.

Now I am practicing a tactic I call the Sacred Sideslip. It is like heaving-to, but the boat is a little more broadside to the wind and the sails are a little looser. Like this I can guide or speed up or slow down my drift.

It is "sacred" because it is done as reverently as possible, acknowledging the holiness of nature and the omnipresence of God. The objective is to know our place in the universe better and to make a transformation from a faulty, wordly creature into a spiritual being more in tune with our higher callings. The sacred sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others.

This is not a dance teenagers discovering their wild side would understand or choose. I do this dance throughout the day and night. As I move from one place to the next, I side slip trying to conserve my energy, remembering my gratefulness and impermanence.

Fostering this sacred awareness has allowed me, I think to move into new realms of human experience. Any attitude with hate, anger, criticism, jealousy, prejudice, unforgiveness, judgment, or any of the lower human emotions will quickly end any possibility of understanding the sacred sideslip. I slip forward, to the side and back, riding the giant forces of nature and I don't know where or when this will end.

One day again I will have to reorient myself to the world and choose the best course for my abilities. For the time being, I dissolve in the grace of the sacred sideslip.

I'm very familiar with divine mexicans, consecrated jibes, hallowed ducks and sanctified luffs, but the sacred sideslip is beyond me.

I don't have an attitude of hate, anger, jealousy, prejudice, or unforgiveness, but I guess I will not truly understand the physics of the sacred sideslip until I've overcome my penchant for criticism and judgment.

Sad thing is he believes this crap and some of the handful of people who read his drivel are likely buying into it.

Mr. Crowhurst, the other member of your dining party just called and is running a bit late, but assures us he'll be with you shortly.

3676726882_fefc4ddd75_o.jpg

I'm very familiar with divine mexicans, consecrated jibes, hallowed ducks and sanctified luffs, but the sacred sideslip is beyond me.

I don't have an attitude of hate, anger, jealousy, prejudice, or unforgiveness, but I guess I will not truly understand the physics of the sacred sideslip until I've overcome my penchant for criticism and judgment.

Sad thing is he believes this crap and some of the handful of people who read his drivel are likely buying into it.

Mr. Crowhurst, the other member of your dining party just called and is running a bit late, but assures us he'll be with you shortly.

3676726882_fefc4ddd75_o.jpg

"...The sacred sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others."

Maybe Brother Weed will find it in his heart to forgive, and allow you to experience the Sacred Slipside if you'll put in a little time working a Blessed Basket on the Dock of Devotion.

3676771226_8cee9a8ff8_o.jpg

"...The sacred sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others."

Helping others??? That is TFR!!! This guy has been "scamming others" his entire adult life.

You just can't make this shit up... :lol::P

"...The sacre sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others."

Helping others??? That is TFR!!! This guy has been "scamming others" his entire adult life.

You won't be doing any Sacred Sideslip with that attitude, Billy :lol:

"...The sacre sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others."

Us haters wear Chuck Taylors

chuck-taylors-all-stars.JPG

Us haters wear Chuck Taylors

chuck-taylors-all-stars.JPG

Note to self, need to get some high top Converses for sailing shoes.

And thanks Regatta Dog, for the 4 dollar walmart sailing gloves!! They work much better than the fancy, nancy-boy ones that I used previously!!.. :lol::P

And thanks Regatta Dog, for the 4 dollar walmart sailing gloves!! They work much better than the fancy, nancy-boy ones that I used previously!!.. :lol::P

4-dollar sailing gloves!?!?! You too Billy? Holy smokes, there really is some Anarchy in this group after all.

durruti.jpg800px-anarchy_a_stencil4.jpg

LOL - I thought that one looked familiar. It is a classic, and nice to see such good use of it here.

This one should have passed close by:

post-7786-1246366343.jpg

Reid is at once both more complicated and simpler than the discussion makes him. We do not know if he has read Chapman's, but it is apparent he has read and knows a good deal about cruising routes, currents and winds. He rounded Africa and avoided a number of problems a less experienced skipper would have had. He has survived. Yet he seems to have no awareness of the areas around which he passes, some of which have, as has been described here have fascinating histories. He takes little interest in the ships around him and as was described earlier, failed to have on hand reference books that would let him take more than a simplistic and superficial interest in the wildlife around him. His survival skills have served him well, but he misses so many basic things that you begin to believe it is luck not his experience or skill. His self absorption makes it hard to empathize or identify with him. He does not even seem to have a consistent "artist's eye" which would give us a "different look" at a word we have some familiarity with.

The primary learning seems to come from the input of the knowledgeable sailors who contribute, remember the daily weather posts?

He could have been a "contender" instead of just a "pretender." :(

1- In your view, how long is it okay to abandon ones kids and go on vacation?.

2- Why just one or two kids left behind? How about Octo-Weed?

1. Not my children, not my business, as long as they are not being neglected or abused.

2. Not my children, not my business, as long as they are not being neglected or abused.

Oh ye of so many righteous opinions suddenly becomes a coward?! Answer the questions!

He did answer the questions, JP. Granted, with all the deep thought and sacred sideslipping of a wet noodle...but he answered.

According to Websters online Hovian-English translator, Mike apparently supports or passively ignores WeedHo's fathering and abandoning ANY number of kids, for ANY duration....as long as mother(s), grandparents, or some private or taxpayer funded orphanage STEPS UP to take care of such kids through adulthood. Kids raising themselves appears acceptable too, in Mike's world, as long as they don't neglect or abuse themselves. WeedHo's do their part by fucking....hard earning 20-year vacations, so to speak. The rest is entirely woman or state work, don't ja know.

Not quite the progressive response one expects from such an outwardly liberal, free-thinking Hovian type...

Then again, Mike also referred to that crap we throw together in Paint as "art". Next thing you know, he'll be calling Weed's crap "art".

Hovian Logic. The shortest path between tough questions and sudden interest in $4 sailing gloves....

Not quite the progressive response one expects from such an outwardly liberal, free-thinking Hovian type...

Then again, Mike also referred to that crap we throw together in Paint as "art". Next thing you know, he'll be calling Weed's crap "art".

The way I see it, I give the opinions I want to give, and not the ones I don't want to give. Perhaps if cscow or jplanet shared some personal details then I would reciprocate by sharing some requested personal opinions.

I'll give you my opinions about Reid's children and answer your questions, but given the lack of any detail on your part, you'll first need to share some rudimentary details of yourself. Why is it that Regatta Dog, Redviking and Mr. Clean can share occasional details of their personal lives but not you two?

a. In what city do you live?

b. How many -- if any -- children do you have?

c. Are you married and if so, for how long?

d. What is your occupation?

e. Please give a general description of your boat.

Five simple little questions and then I'll give you the opinions you request. Simple, right?

The way I see it, I give the opinions I want to give, and not the ones I don't want to give. Perhaps if cscow or jplanet shared some personal details then I would reciprocate by sharing some requested personal opinions.

I'll give you my opinions about Reid's children and answer your questions, but given the lack of any detail on your part, you'll first need to share some rudimentary details of yourself. Why is it that Regatta Dog, Redviking and Mr. Clean can share occasional details of their personal lives but not you two?

a. In what city do you live?

b. How many -- if any -- children do you have?

c. Are you married and if so, for how long?

d. What is your occupation?

e. Please give a general description of your boat.

Five simple little questions and then I'll give you the opinions you request. Simple, right?

You're the one so interested in picking little bits here and there trying to put the pieces of your puzzle together. Let's have you GUESS, and I'll be honest with your score....... about me anyway lol..........

Back to our topic........ I think I've read every 1000 Day post. I even just re-read the wacko "Whale" series.... when the whales purposely choose to speak to mankind through Weed to ask that we stop killing them. But I've decided this is the most bizarro of them all. It will be fun to see if he sticks with this theme to build his ministry. Notice how he now speaks of a singular "God", when before he always said "Gods"......

A sacred sideslip?? TFR!!! He is definitely starting to come unglued, IMHO........

799-002.jpg

Day 799 - June 30, 2009

Sacred Sideslip

There is a sailing maneuver that sailboats have always had the occasion to use called heaving-to. A sail in the middle of the boat is pulled tight fore and aft and the wheel is turned into the wind causing the boat to face into the wind and stall. This is a good maneuver in heavy weather, but also any time a sailor wants to pause for any reason. We have heaved-to regularly on this voyage under many different circumstances.

Now I am practicing a tactic I call the Sacred Sideslip. It is like heaving-to, but the boat is a little more broadside to the wind and the sails are a little looser. Like this I can guide or speed up or slow down my drift.

It is "sacred" because it is done as reverently as possible, acknowledging the holiness of nature and the omnipresence of God. The objective is to know our place in the universe better and to make a transformation from a faulty, wordly creature into a spiritual being more in tune with our higher callings. The sacred sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others.

This is not a dance teenagers discovering their wild side would understand or choose. I do this dance throughout the day and night. As I move from one place to the next, I side slip trying to conserve my energy, remembering my gratefulness and impermanence.

Fostering this sacred awareness has allowed me, I think to move into new realms of human experience. Any attitude with hate, anger, criticism, jealousy, prejudice, unforgiveness, judgment, or any of the lower human emotions will quickly end any possibility of understanding the sacred sideslip. I slip forward, to the side and back, riding the giant forces of nature and I don't know where or when this will end.

One day again I will have to reorient myself to the world and choose the best course for my abilities. For the time being, I dissolve in the grace of the sacred sideslip.

Just slide out the back Jack.

Step a little to the side Stan.

Slip out into the stream Gene.

Just don't bother bout me.

I'm a slip sliding away

Down Africa way

waiting for my 1,000th day

to come as I head back into Gotham Bay.

1000 x's marked on my sculpted walls

Each day remains in my head and all

Biding time and making my peace with God above

and most of all just looking for love.

In the Ocean deep and blue

High above in the stars at night

All alone for a thousand days

With no one else to gauge my fright.

They call me Crowhurst behind my back

When they never even talked to my face

And they don't like it when I don't race

as fast as they in their fancy sloops

What did I do to their kids or mine

That's so damn bad over the course of mighty time?

Why dear Lord do they hate me so?

When all I ever did was want to go

Sailing.

Maybe they don't like to sail out on the ocean and far away. they just wanna come home and sleep high and dry each and every day. Or maybe because they just can't stand, that I am so far from being a perfect man.

They have made their points.

And launched a thousand laughs.

Their photos never cease.

And still i sail, and they are obsessed,

with my each and every feat.

You're the one so interested in picking little bits here and there trying to put the pieces of your puzzle together. Let's have you GUESS, and I'll be honest with your score....... about me anyway lol..........

While you seem like an interesting person, living out in Buenos Aires, I am mostly interested in conducting a two-way conversation. Spilling ones guts to a shadow gets old after a while. Reciprocation is the thing folks have been perfecting since caveman days, give it a try.

As for guessing ...

a. You wrote Buenos Aires, but an expatriate living BA wouldn't be all that interested in this saga, so I suspect East Coast somewhere, maybe NJ, SC or CT.

b. No children, too much interest in minutia.

c. Not married, three long-term relationships.

d. You work for a furniture distributor

e. No boat, your dad has a beautiful one though.

Maybe they don't like to sail out on the ocean and far away.

they just wanna come home and sleep high and dry each and every day.

Or maybe because they just can't stand,

that I am so far from being a perfect man.

There's the disconnect, Sir Wanker. You see, perhaps Weed has far too many times proclaimed himself to be quite "perfect" and special ~ he truly does exhibit every classic trait of a narcissist. Such as when he.......

Likened himself and his "mission" to the soldiers serving in Iraq

Proclaimed he was personally "validating" the Baby Boomer generation

Claimed the whales were speaking to humanity through him

Announced that he had "healed society" by "drawing" the two-legged turtle

Understood how the "whole world" is watching him and he takes that "responsibility" so seriously

Said no Olympic athlete could match his pace

Always tried to "target the best" when begging for donations

Displayed no affection for Soanya and his new "mistake" son for many, many weeks

Sets aside time each day to forgive those who didn't support his mission

Rambled on for over two months at sea before ever publicly acknowledging the donors that gave him this privilege

I'm sure he is a nice guy in person, especially when courting what you called "marks". Unfortunately, those who don't know him personally can only judge via his written words and actions. He may attempt to personify a "humble man", but there are too many examples that show his self-serving, egotistical (and true?) nature.

While you seem like an interesting person, living out in Buenos Aires, I am mostly interested in conducting a two-way conversation. Spilling ones guts to a shadow gets old after a while. Reciprocation is the thing folks have been perfecting since caveman days, give it a try.

As for guessing ...

a. You wrote Buenos Aires, but an expatriate living BA wouldn't be all that interested in this saga, so I suspect East Coast somewhere, maybe NJ, SC or CT.

b. No children, too much interest in minutia.

c. Not married, three long-term relationships.

d. You work for a furniture distributor

e. No boat, your dad has a beautiful one though.

You scored 20% Yeah, my Dad had a beautiful boat

This is fun. Let's see your guesses for CScow now.........

And another thing Sir Wanker ~

I guess in about 200 days you'll find out if YOU were simply the MARK that volunteered so many hours designing and installing the electrical system.......... do you ever wonder? Well, maybe the Brother Love Sailing Salvation Show will need an AV guy. Make sure you are properly PAID out of those "Love Offerings", though.

LOL - I thought that one looked familiar. It is a classic, and nice to see such good use of it here.

Yeah....TCOTB killed me with that one! It was in a thread started by a "rich" guy that wanted to estimate the cost of buying a racing yacht and top crew.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: mikewofsey.

· View this post

· Un-ignore mikewofsey

I am bored of seeing all these posts.

MIKE, GO FUCK OFF TO SEAKAYAKING ANARCHY!!!!

Are you going to post Darshen's 1-yr old pic for us? His birthday must be any day now..........

Ask Soanya............

Really glad to see Viva turned out the way she did. It was certainly with little of no support from the Driftmeister. Hope Soany's has the strength and support network to care for Darshen.

It's all about Stowe. If he really cared about humanity and the future he would care about the kid. Darshen is the future.

Are you going to post Darshen's 1-yr old pic for us? His birthday must be any day now..........

Ask Soanya............

Really glad to see Viva turned out the way she did. It was certainly with little of no support from the Driftmeister. Hope Soany's has the strength and support network to care for Darshen.

It's all about Stowe. If he really cared about humanity and the future he would care about the kid. Darshen is the future.

Well said.

JP - If that stupid windbag guy's still bothering you, I can arrange to have him reassigned to the Kang Nam as engine room wiper third class. Just say the word, sweetie.

A glass of wine? But - remember - friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.

Oh - I meant to mention - quietly and just between us, of course - you're a little bit wrong about reid. He's just a harmless eccentric. And the taxpayer's don't really make his support payments. And the stuff he dumped in the river is awful? Compared to the garbage scow leaving the city each day? Now don't get me wrong - I would never go to one of his parties. I'd feel like a hypocrite being nice to the guy. But it makes more worry lines for you to be so angry. And then I get them worrying about you. Be kind, JP - think like a southern woman. Get rid of that nasty NE slant and try sippin' your sweet tea slowly. With a smile.

The sacred sideslip is fascinating, and I can't wait for the NASA analysis.

(Looks to me like

)

Great song! And the lyrics are SO appropriate!

I was gonna go to work but then I got high

I just got a new promotion but I got high

now I'm selling dope and I know why

- cause I got high [repeat 3X]

I was gonna go to court before I got high

I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high

they took my whole paycheck (Maersk) and I know why

- cause I got high [repeat 3X]

......and there's more

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/h...nsorships_N.htm

Fine example to select for fundraising.

Voyage objectives defined to supporters and unachieved.

Non-profit status stated but make those checks payable to Reid Stowe.

Thanks for the link RB! Did a Google on the golfing across Mongolia cited in the article and came up with this (cite)--

Golfing across Mongolia

By Golfmagic correspondent

André Tolmé, a 37-year-old civil engineer from New Hampshire in the United States, is currently golfing his way across Mongolia. Armed only with a 3-iron and a jeep-full of golf balls, he reckons to complete his 2.3million-yard marathon by the end of July.

In June last year, Mr. Tolmé began his marathon. He teed off at Choybalsan, a former Soviet Army town on Mongolia's eastern border with China and after 50 days, surrendered to nettles and weeds, having lost 352 balls.

He began his 'back nine' on May 28 this year and has so far reached Arvayheer, an isolated town in the Central interior, described in guide books as 'of little interest, with dreary hotels.'

Supported by his faithful 'caddie' Khatanbaatar, who drives the jeep on the cross country journey over the Mongolian Steppes, Mr. Tolmé is confident that after a further 5,000 strokes, he will putt his last ball into Dund-Us (also known as Khovd) on the western side of the country.

Mr Tolme told the New York Times: "You could just hit the ball forever here. There are no fences or out of bounds. You go and find it. Then you hit it again. And again. And again."

This golfing Genghis Khan admits that at night when he takes a break in his mobile 19th hole, that it gets a little scary when the wolves howl around him.

But he has been appreciative of the friendliness of the Buddhist Mongolians, the sight of children racing horses across the plains and the hospitality of the native nomads.

As for Mr. Khatanbaatar, he's no Fluff Cowan nor Fanny Sunnesson. To him it's all a bit of a mystery.

"I don't know anything about golf, but what I saw on TV, they put the little ball in a little hole," says the former soldier who wears army camouflage.

Mr. Tolmé, learned elementary Mongolian while golfing across the eastern half of the country last year and considers each major town to be one of 18 golf holes on his journey. Each time he arrives at the outer limits, he puts the ball in his pocket, walks through town and tees up on the other side.

He also plays to winter rules (preferred lies) because Mongolia can often be frosty.

Guided by a Global Positioning System (GPS), a satellite compass similar to those which golfers find on golf buggies at posh country clubs, he claims to hit balls around 10 miles a day.

As they say - a scorecard doesn't paint pictures - but sometimes you wish it did!

completion.gif

Too fucking funny!! :lol:

This exercise is on par in importance to humanity as is Reid's 1000 days cruise on a 70' sailing yacht, including his pace (I've been known to hit a golf ball 10 times on a single hole), but this guy's got a huge advantage in my book. He doesn't appear to have assigned this quirky adventure any greater value than just some guy hitting a jeep full of golf balls across Mongolia with a 3 iron. I assume that's exactly how he sold it to his sponsors too.

There's a guy I'd like to have a beer or 6 with!

Expeditions behavioral perspective

Tuesday, 30 June 2009 "Comparisons are often made between expeditions of the past and future space exploration. From an engineering perspective, the differences between past and future expeditions are considerable. Spacecraft are far more complex than ships in which the explorers of Earth sailed. The technological differences are enormous, but from a behavioral perspective are the differences really that great between confinement in a small wooden ship locked in the polar ice cap and confinement in a small high-technology ship hurtling through interplanetary space? The psychological differences are probably few."

Jack Stuster, "Analogue Prototypes for Lunar and Mars Exploration" Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 76 No. 6 Section II, p. B78

Tuesday, 30 June 2009 "Comparisons are often made between expeditions of the past and future space exploration. From an engineering perspective, the differences between past and future expeditions are considerable. Spacecraft are far more complex than ships in which the explorers of Earth sailed. The technological differences are enormous, but from a behavioral perspective are the differences really that great between confinement in a small wooden ship locked in the polar ice cap and confinement in a small high-technology ship hurtling through interplanetary space? The psychological differences are probably few."

Jack Stuster, "Analogue Prototypes for Lunar and Mars Exploration" Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 76 No. 6 Section II, p. B78

Wow - Sounds like this guy has actually heard of the Fram Expedition and gives them credit while Reid and his group of cultards won't even acknowledge the Fram's existence. The Fram stayed out there longer, endured far worse conditions, collected real scientific data and all without Reid's art on board or man massages. They also worked as a cohesive team under authoritarian leadership without the help of some new age bullshit artist spewing incomprehensible drivel.

More importantly -- From the Golf Across Mongolia site --

Golf Across Mongolia will provide NASA with critical data for a mission to Mars. Alan Shepard hit a golf ball over 200 yards on the moon in a cumbersome space suit, one handed, with an 8 iron. Newer, more flexible spaceman suits, along with titanium clubs and advances in dimple technology should help improve that distance significantly on Mars, which has the same gravitational pull-downess as the moon and the atmosphere is the same density of thickliness.

These factors are not yet completely understood by space golfers of tomorrow. My Mongolian Golfing Expedition hopes to lend insights into how golfing long distances not only benefits future golf outings into space, but also to help golfing humanity as a whole.

We sit in our jeep as Jesus rakes the Sacred Sandtrap and Buddha washes our balls and wonder - will there be Mulligan's on Mars?

Yeah....TCOTB killed me with that one! It was in a thread started by a "rich" guy that wanted to estimate the cost of buying a racing yacht and top crew.

LOL....TCOTB Kills me in general....always whips out the good ones! (And I mean that in the nicest possible way!) :)

Look, the world will never lack for nut cases, iconoclasts, disillusioned creators, seekers, insightful folk, lazy drifters, wacked-out dreamers and other misfits that can or will not just simply get on with the task of living life.

When they are successful we call them Thomas Edison or Henry Ford or Sigmund Freud or Bill Gates, ad nauseum.

Otherwise they are just one more drifting Reid...

i don't make up this shit, just scrapbook it for darshen:

http://www.thewaterpod.org/

Oh shit, Weedo takes off and these people steal the NYC enviro/arty/hippydippy spotlight from him. MC will probably try to scuttle the waterpod prior to his return.

Stowe still has the tag team of Jesus and Buddha in his corner though.

JP - If that stupid windbag guy's still bothering you, I can arrange to have him reassigned to the Kang Nam as engine room wiper third class. Just say the word, sweetie.

A glass of wine? But - remember - friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.

Oh - I meant to mention - quietly and just between us, of course - you're a little bit wrong about reid. He's just a harmless eccentric. And the taxpayer's don't really make his support payments. And the stuff he dumped in the river is awful? Compared to the garbage scow leaving the city each day? Now don't get me wrong - I would never go to one of his parties. I'd feel like a hypocrite being nice to the guy. But it makes more worry lines for you to be so angry. And then I get them worrying about you. Be kind, JP - think like a southern woman. Get rid of that nasty NE slant and try sippin' your sweet tea slowly. With a smile.

Why sir, whatever would make you presume I'm NOT a southern lady? Angry? Nope, never angry with Weed since Soanya jumped ship in Perth. I just don't like the poser, and say so, and I also point out facts and Stowe's own statements which often contradict the claims of his flock. Please, don't worry yourself... I'm not even so much as miffed, dear Robin. I'm also not a Weed HATER. "Indifferent and unimpressed" would far better describe my attitude toward him. I've somehow missed understanding the "importance" of his "mission".

Cute video too ~ even our tough critic Mikey might agree it has artistic merit as well.

Why sir, whatever would make you presume I'm NOT a southern lady?

So you don't live in Buenos Aires then? I thought it was unlikely, you didn't respond to my comment about Natalia Clavier. What Argentine can pass by a chance to comment about Natalia? It would be like S.A. (that's Sailing Anarchy this time, rather than South America) pass by a chance to bust on Reid.

Look, the world will never lack for nut cases, iconoclasts, disillusioned creators, seekers, insightful folk, lazy drifters, wacked-out dreamers and other misfits that can or will not just simply get on with the task of living life.

When they are successful we call them Thomas Edison or Henry Ford or Sigmund Freud or Bill Gates, ad nauseum.

Considering that Edison's, Ford's and Gates' histories are far spottier than Stowe's, then it looks like he is headed for some mild fame in a few months.

Sorry, that was an actual post on Stowes site, copied and pasted. Dunno why it doesn't appear that way, sorry it wasn't properly attributed...

:lol: Hey Pip -- Great find. Deserves to be entered into the permanent record. Spot on and thanks Ray Johnson, for telling it like it is with a sense of TFR humor. Gotta reid this --

Response to Sustainable Living On The Waterpod Post

By Ray Johnson

This post is in response to a comment made by bill w. to our post about the Waterpod project, Sustainable Living Floats Into Sheepshead Bay.

Here is bill w.'s comment and our response, below:

What's so new? People have been living on boats for years. Most communities discurage this because they don't "pay taxes". How about Ried Stowe, living on a boat going around the world for 1000 days? Whats novel about this barge is that they are asking for donations. Imagine Sheesphead Bay filled with barges like this. What would the neighbors think?

Thank you, bill w., for bringing this to our attention.

If you've been reading Sheepshead Bites regularly, you might have noticed that we like to bring you a wide variety of news and happenings about issues related to Sheepshead Bay. The Waterpod project was an innovative visitor in our bay and we thought it might be worth a mention on our site, with hopes that our readers might be glad to hear about the project.

With regard to the fact that "people have been living on boats for years". I figured that was true when I first did the post, hence no mention of the Waterpod being the 'first-ever, revolutionary, never before seen, pioneer achievement waterborne living facility the world has ever known.'

But whenever someone or a group of visionaries attempt to show people how to live healthily in an alternative living environment, it is so out of the ordinary that we need to talk about it as if it's a brand new concept.

Thanks for reminding us about Reid Stowe whose project, though similar to this one, had some major differences. We appreciate the artist/mariner's work and this post is not meant, in any way, to reduce his lifetime achievement with silly competitiveness. But when the press outed him as a convicted drug smuggler who owed child support, many of his supporters jumped ship -- like his girlfriend and sole companion for the voyage had to do when she became sea-unworthy (partially due to her pregnancy).

The artists on The Waterpod are growing a wide variety of vegetables in their garden. That's something rare, and the modern-day ocean explorer you mentioned did not have fresh vegetables and fruit. Captain Reid said on March 18, 2007 on the FAQ section of his website,

We will bring enough food to last two people a full three years. Our diet consists of mostly rice and beans, pasta and sauce, dried fruits, sprout salads, and salt fish.

Wikipedia cited an article in the Gothamist that said Stowe had to spend some time in a federal jail after he was found with 15 tons of marijuana stowed away on board his ship in the 1990's. During his long voyages, do you think he dipped into the supply a little to help him fight the lonely sea boredom? If so, how did he deal the the associated food cravings?

So, in one way, the solitary life that he still lives out in South American waters removed him from public scrutiny and kept him out more trouble that might land him in the penitentiary, again. (But, please don't quote us on that.)

Another difference between Stowe Reid's voyage and the Waterpod is that the floating barge has made a special effort to take care of human waste product generated on board by utilizing the latest processes available. According to Wikipedia, Reid Stowe was issued a misdemeanor citation by the NY State Department of Environmental Conservation when it was found that his vessel was equipped with "two functional marine toilets that flushed directly into the Hudson River and did not have any pollution control devices."

It is also important to note that Reid Stowe also receives donations for his project. Wikipedia says that one of his cautious contributors, Brooklyn food importer Danny Khadouri, donated $7K worth of groceries to the project. Additionally, the website for his project has a donation button, much like the Waterpod project. So, you can definitely say that his project was the pioneer, at least, in fundraising techniques.

Yes, Reid Stowe was the first to ever receive donations to fund a project in all the history of mankind. That makes the Waterpod, the second most novel in the charitable contributions department. Sheepshead Bites is the third -- have you noticed our donation button?

Finally, I would like to point out the most significant difference between other similar projects and the Waterpod: To my knowledge, none of the others ever visited my favorite bay.

Just for visiting Sheepshead Bay and showing us their working experiment and green vegetables by welcoming us into their living room garden (and that, too, on July 4 weekend) is worthy of at least one uncritical post, don't you agree?

Tags: comments response, reid stowe, sustainable living, the waterpod

I hear they're dedicating 20 sf on the stern of the ecobarge for a driving range.

Charismatics give me a rash.

Even Stephanie Courtney? She's about as charismatic as they come.

You talking to me or somebody else?

Mike - I posted earlier today about the differences between golfing on Mars vs. the Moon, but I know little about the gravitational or atmospheric implications, vis. -- On a 200 mile, lunar par 4, a driver followed by a well hit 7 should get one on the green. What club should I use on a 200 mile, Martian par 4? Based on the latest Mars data, let us assume that there's a water hazard at 150 miles. Should I lay up with a 5 iron, jump the 30 mile pond with a wedge and then bump and run the 20 miles to the green? I'm looking for answers......and a caddy.

Better have a little looky at this. Scaning, Scaning.........

Day 799 - June 30, 2009

Sacred Sideslip

There is a sailing maneuver that sailboats have always had the occasion to use called heaving.-to. A sail in the middle of the boat is pulled tight fore and aft and the wheel is turned into the wind causing the boat to face into the wind and stall. This is a good maneuver in heavy weather, but also any time a sailor wants to pause for any reason. We have heaved-to regularly on this voy.age under many different circumstances.

It is "sacred" because it is done as reverently as possible, acknowledging the holiness of nature and the omnipresence of God. The objective is to know our place in the universe better. and to make a transformation from a faulty, wordly creature into a spiritual being more in tune with our high.er callings. The sacred sideslip is a dance of sorts, a slow dance more suited for those who have been through more ups and downs in life and are now in it for the long run with a view of helping others.

One day again I will have to reorient myself to the world. and choose the best course for my abilities. For the time being, I dissolve in the grace of the sacred sideslip.

Looks to me like he is trying to get a secret message to NASA about the affects of THC on motion sickness.

We should leave him alone. This kind of scientific knowledge could prove invaluable!

Why sir, whatever would make you presume I'm NOT a southern lady?

So you don't live in Buenos Aires then? I thought it was unlikely, you didn't respond to my comment about Natalia Clavier. What Argentine can pass by a chance to comment about Natalia? It would be like S.A. (that's Sailing Anarchy this time, rather than South America) pass by a chance to bust on Reid.

Compared to the North East (which Robin implied) Which direction, in general, is Buenos Aires? And is it possible to be in Argentina and be a Southern Belle at the same time?

Frankly sometimes I just wish I was on the same planet as Jplanet. Seems like it would be a fun place to hang out.

Considering that Edison's, Ford's and Gates' histories are far spottier than Stowe's, then it looks like he is headed for some mild fame in a few months.

Spottier, as in more successfull? As in smuggled less drugs?? As in created and supported charitable foundations to benefit others?? Please tell us in what ways is Reid comparable to Ford, Edison and Gates, and in what ways are their histories "spottier" then Reids?

From 1000 days site --

July 1, 2009. The 1000 days non-stop Mars Ocean Odyssey reaches Day 800.

by J.R. Weeks, V

"I sail and write for those who have embarked upon quests with open hearts and a longing for oneness."

In what is becoming one of histories' greatest athletic and psychological feats, artist and sailor Reid Stowe passed day 800 of a planned 1000 days nonstop on his self-built 70 foot 50-ton Schooner Anne on July 1, 2009. In a world consumed by issues of ecology, energy and economy, Stowe's endurance challenge is a studied example of self-sufficiency. The Schooner Anne left Hoboken, New Jersey, on April 21, 2007 with three years of food and supplies, and the plan is to not port nor resupply for another 200 days.

At the very most, it is a studied example of provisioning. Self-sufficiency is better represented by Outward Bound in Maine where they drop kids on an island with a knife, some matches and some fishing tackle and they survive for a week.

Also, can they be serious that surviving on 3 years of food and supplies all obtained through sponsors and donors is a studied example of self-sufficiency? The best example of self sufficiency in this whole train wreck is Reid's ex wife and daughter.

These guys are full of shit.

You talking to me or somebody else?

That one was for Somebody Else, he/she is the Stephanie Courtney fan, but Stephanie doesn't give him/her a rash. She's funny, I've seen her stand-up stuff.

Mike - I posted earlier today about the differences between golfing on Mars vs. the Moon, but I know little about the gravitational or atmospheric implications, vis. -- On a 200 mile, lunar par 4, a driver followed by a well hit 7 should get one on the green. What club should I use on a 200 mile, Martian par 4? Based on the latest Mars data, let us assume that there's a water hazard at 150 miles. Should I lay up with a 5 iron, jump the 30 mile pond with a wedge and then bump and run the 20 miles to the green? I'm looking for answers......and a caddy.

I did used to be a caddy at the Denver Country Club, back in the old days. The Moon course is pretty simple, no water, no green, just hit off the tee and the rest is sand-trap. So your only choice of clubs would be a driver and a pitching wedge. I would go for a three-hybrid on the driver to give you control and aim for a 45-degree projectile off-tee for greatest range. On Mars, you have a non-negligible atmosphere to shoot through, although the sand part is pretty much the same as the moon, and there are still no water hazards on any Mars maps. So again, just go for the driver off the tee, and wedge everywhere else. But since there is an atmosphere, your best range will no longer necessarily be 45-degrees, but some slight variation of that. Golf on sand is only marginally interesting, and I suspect the future of golf on the Moon and Mars is not a particularly bright one.

A more interesting sport might be golf on the Martian moon Phobos. There you should be able to easily hit escape velocity with an iron, and if done correctly, you can put your ball into a Phobos-orbit and try to hit your golf-partner in the back. Of course, the novelty of this would wear thin after a while, and eventually Phobos would be filled with thousands of golf balls with low-orbits, waiting to wack into any visitor. So really, what's the point of all this space exploration? Soon enough we're not even going to be able to even go into space due to the exponentially-increasing amount of space junk in Earth-orbit. We'll be locked on Earth, unable to leave, like prisoners in a cage, fighting over the last of the resources. The alternate scenario, with global cooperation and understanding seems far more remote, at least if this thread is a sample of the global consciousness.

Spottier, as in more successfull? As in smuggled less drugs?? As in created and supported charitable foundations to benefit others?? Please tell us in what ways is Reid comparable to Ford, Edison and Gates, and in what ways are their histories "spottier" then Reids?

They were/are all wonderful men, who built success and have donated their wealth to the betterment of humankind. But like Stowe, their history needed a touch of dry-cleaning.

Edison: Patent infringement, theft of intellectual property

Ford: Eugenics and Nazism

Gates: Antitrust

IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING NOTE !!

Be sure to tune in or set your DVR to see AMERICAN SAILORS on WGN Chicago....featuring our own TRF Barleymalt (and other Anarchists) in footage from last year's 100th Chicago to Mackinac race!

July 4th at 9:00 or

July 26th at 1:00

Here's the fantastic clip, and contrary to what Hoboken Meteorologist Sparky Wanker will insist, yep, there is still some real water in the Great Lakes! ;)

http://www.grootersproductions.com/people/?p=113

Were you on Windancer, Barley?

But enough about Mikie ~ why not join our TFR Summer Book Club? Go get STORMCHILD by Bernard Cornwell.

It's about a young girl that sails off with an old hippie cult leader that leads an environmental group. I was supposed to stop at Page 75, but must admit I forged ahead to Page 143. A few fun quotes:

Mom: And maybe this is just something she has to work out of her system.

Dad: It's what that superannuated hippie is working into her system that riles me...

Mom: He's a very charismatic man.

Dad: Balls.

Mom - She's enlisting in a very good cause, Tim.

Dad - She's volunteering for a floating harem.

Mom - They're young, and they're full of idealism and hope. Besides, Nicole has always been an environmentalist, and surely that's better than getting arrested or having abortions?

Dad - She'll have that goat's baby instead?

Finished last night. Takes a very, very interesting turn. I'll share a few of my favorite passages without giving away the plot --

"It's a pity to miss out on roast beef," I said nastily. "What is all that sprouting shit you brought on board?"

"It isn't shit," she said in a hurt voice. "You put seeds in the trays, water them twice a day, and harvest the sprouts. It's a really good, fresh source of protein."

-----------------------

I had ventured to ask the American girl whether she had any sailing experience at all, only to be told that she and her mother had once spent a week on a Miami based cruise ship.

"But you can cook, can't you?" David had demanded.

"A bit." Jackie had been confused by the question.

"Then you won't be entirely useless."

-----------------------

I started by hanging my bag, which held the vegetarian bomb, on a beam close to the kitchen door.

I did used to be a caddy at the Denver Country Club, back in the old days. The Moon course is pretty simple, no water, no green, just hit off the tee and the rest is sand-trap. So your only choice of clubs would be a driver and a pitching wedge. I would go for a three-hybrid on the driver to give you control and aim for a 45-degree projectile off-tee for greatest range. On Mars, you have a non-negligible atmosphere to shoot through, although the sand part is pretty much the same as the moon, and there are still no water hazards on any Mars maps. So again, just go for the driver off the tee, and wedge everywhere else. But since there is an atmosphere, your best range will no longer necessarily be 45-degrees, but some slight variation of that. Golf on sand is only marginally interesting, and I suspect the future of golf on the Moon and Mars is not a particularly bright one.

A more interesting sport might be golf on the Martian moon Phobos. There you should be able to easily hit escape velocity with an iron, and if done correctly, you can put your ball into a Phobos-orbit and try to hit your golf-partner in the back. Of course, the novelty of this would wear thin after a while, and eventually Phobos would be filled with thousands of golf balls with low-orbits, waiting to wack into any visitor. So really, what's the point of all this space exploration? Soon enough we're not even going to be able to even go into space due to the exponentially-increasing amount of space junk in Earth-orbit. We'll be locked on Earth, unable to leave, like prisoners in a cage, fighting over the last of the resources. The alternate scenario, with global cooperation and understanding seems far more remote, at least if this thread is a sample of the global consciousness.

:lol: Funny shit there, Mike. - you were on a roll until the intergalactic litter PSA at the end.

And speaking of Mackinac.............. Still a great one, CScow!! :lol::lol::lol: !!!

And don't start telling me how you can't see the freaking shore when you're out on your sailing dinghy's on the great lakes..... HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

post-22653-1230934864_thumb.jpg

3682249118_5201778fd0.jpg

Edmund Fitzgerald Found Safe on Mackinac Bridge

By CScow Associated Press

Traverse City, MI

Updated: 29 minutes ago

The Edmund Fitzegerald, long believed to have been lost in a 1975 storm that generated 45 knot winds and up to 35 foot waves, was observed crossing Mackinac Bridge today, shortly after a coincidental announcement by Deepwater Pier Oceanographer "Sparky" that former "Great Lakes" areas are primarily solid land.

The ship's captain was surprised to hear theories the ship had been bound for Cleveland and carrying 26,000 tons of iron ore, not to mention reports of the wreck and loss of crew. "I can't say where those stories came from. We're delivering chocolate fudge, bicycle inner tubes, and horse cart mud flaps to Mackinaw Island. Aside from that 34-year traffic holdup on the US-494 Milwaukee/Muskegon interstate bypass, the trip has been rather uneventful".

Asked if anyone knows where the love of God goes, when waves turn minutes to hours, and whether they could have made Whitefish Bay if they'd put fifteen more miles behind her, the captain noted "Well yeah, that's probably true. But we like to stop at Stuckey's for pecan pie when we're up in this area, then make up lost time during the final leg, between here and Gitche Gumee".

Great Lakes singer/songwriter Gordon Lightfoot, author of all 45 verses of the hit 70's song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", is said to be relieved the crew and ship are safe. According to his agent, Mr. Lightfoot is currently completing a series of protest songs, fighting proposed runway extensions connecting Chicago Ohare and Traverse City airports.

3682249118_5201778fd0.jpg

Two eggs, toast, jelly. All for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's.

"Do I get a napkin with that?"

"Yeah, you get a napkin."

"What about coffee?"

"The special is two eggs, toast, jelly, all for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's."

"Salt and pepper for the eggs?"

"Yeah, we have that on the table."

"Butter for the toast?"

"Look, the special is two eggs, toast, jelly, all for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's."

"No butter for my toast?"

"We have this special, if you want more stuff than is on the special, you have to pay for it. It doesn't come with coffee, it doesn't come with butter. It's just two eggs, toast, jelly, all for 99 cents."

"Why do you have a breakfast special that doesn't come with butter or coffee?"

"I can bring you the Breakfast All Day Special, that comes with butter and coffee and also 8 ounces of orange juice. That one is $2.99. That's the one the truckers usually get, and it comes with unlimited refills on the coffee. They sit here for a few hours and drink coffee until they're allowed to get back on the road."

"Yeah, okay, I'll take that one. Can I get Vegemite on my toast?"

"Vege .. what?"

"Never mind. Two Breakfast All Day Specials, scrambled please."

"Grits?"

"No grits, thanks."

Two eggs, toast, jelly. All for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's.

"Do I get a napkin with that?"

"Yeah, you get a napkin."

"What about coffee?"

"The special is two eggs, toast, jelly, all for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's."

"Salt and pepper for the eggs?"

"Yeah, we have that on the table."

"Butter for the toast?"

"Look, the special is two eggs, toast, jelly, all for 99 cents, only at Stuckey's."

"No butter for my toast?"

"We have this special, if you want more stuff than is on the special, you have to pay for it. It doesn't come with coffee, it doesn't come with butter. It's just two eggs, toast, jelly, all for 99 cents."

"Why do you have a breakfast special that doesn't come with butter or coffee?"

"I can bring you the Breakfast All Day Special, that comes with butter and coffee and also 8 ounces of orange juice. That one is $2.99. That's the one the truckers usually get, and it comes with unlimited refills on the coffee. They sit here for a few hours and drink coffee until they're allowed to get back on the road."

"Yeah, okay, I'll take that one. Can I get Vegemite on my toast?"

"Vege .. what?"

"Never mind. Two Breakfast All Day Specials, scrambled please."

"Grits?"

"No grits, thanks."

:lol: Awright Mikey! You just might get a little TRF yet!

Another breakfast classic ~