Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

A short SA 1000 Day Thread Mini Retrospective to mark Stowe's surpassing 800 Days at Sea.

There you go, wander around in the main shipping lanes for a bit.

My bet either back in NY in a week, or maybe get to Bermuda or Bahamas. Southbound in the Stream she's going to lose it real quick.

TOG

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 100 days would be a stretch. Sailing in a "heart shaped pattern" puleeezzzz! That is one of the fairy tales he told her when he proposed the idea. She has no idea what she's in for. I wonder what she will do when he blows up his heart screwing her. And she's alone in the middle of the Atlantic. He better teach er how to switch on the EPIRB!!!

Post #76

Member No.: 1175

Anybody interested in entering starting a pool to see which day they call it quits?

>The dude and his very green girlfriend who are attempting to sail for 1,000 straight days multiple times around the world (and of course will not make it)

Hey Ed, what point do they have to reach before you will say "good try"? 50 days? 100 days? 500 days? 999 days? Let us know now.

I don't think it's a matter of days, but rather a combination of serious weather and the proximity to land and/or rescue. After almost 40 days and 1300 nm of easting, it's hard to predict much at this point. For sure, with an average of about 35nm per day, the crew has not exactly challenged itself to any kind of serious sailing, yet they have managed an interesting mishap at sea in addition to insulting either our intelligence or the sport of sailing with just about every communication that has been emitted from the boat since its departure.

Nobody wants harm to befall either "sailor" and there's a little something in most of us that hopes they make it...but seriously, there's no fricking way. If you think there is, then guesstimate an average course and speed and plot where the boat has to be to catch both the best winds and hemispherical seasons.

-------i bet she's knocked up by the end of the year! -------

:)

------

The boat is a mess. WuWei makes the point that this boat is an accident waiting to happen. I couldn't agree more. You look at the pictures and all you can think (if you have sailed offshore or not) is these fuckers are dead. The rig is a botchjob waiting to kill someone. The running rigging is a total pig's breakfast. There is enough crap scattered around on the interior to kill everything on board with flying debris in event of a rollover.

You should try to remember that as Captain of any vessel it is your primary responsibility to insure that your vessel is safe and well prepared for any condition which you are likely to encounter and to make every provision for the safety of your vessel and your crew.

This dipshit has done none of this and he has willfully put his vessel (which is clearly in no condition for such a voyage) and his crew at great risk.

If I ever suggested a stunt like this with my wife I would hope to god my friends would talk some sense into me and at least my wife before I got one or both of us killed. Who knows if in the last three years the zincs dissolved and the wood in the hull began to decay in harbor and showed signs of delignification (my hull required new garboards when this happened). What happens if there is delignified wood and he hits something? No haul out before departure? Negligence. Full stop.

If they ever encounter and real weather they are going to be well and truly fucked and I just hope no one gets killed. They have certainly done everything they can to make serious injury or death a certainty.

You don't have to be a marine surveyor to look that the photos on their blog to know with absolute certainty that this boat is a train wreck.

------

If you look through the almost 500 pages of this insanity, I am certain you can find many more examples of such right on amazing seers into the future of Stowe and his odyssey.

3 Circumnavigations out of sight of land, being careful not to run into ships, collecting scientific data on ozone depletion in the Southern Ocean and educating the masses on such topics as world history and languages because NASA hasn't made a definitive decision about mansages in space and all of humanity gives a flying fuck. If you want more details, ask any 3rd grader on any continent - they've all been following this history making epic interactively in their class rooms.

You're right, RW, there are so many people out there that think they're "all that" but just talk shit.

Idiot.

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Today, a man can walk into a Stucky's and get something resembling a meal for $1.99. How is it that Stuckey's has managed to bypass inflation, ballooning energy fees, skyrocketing trucking fees, increased minimum wage, increased taxes ... and still manage to keep some of their prices the same FOR TWENTY FREAKING YEARS??!?!?!?!

Hmmmm, no Marketing courses in Alabama huh? Loss leader... Not everyone orders the 1.99 breakfast, someone will order an omelet, and pancakes don't cost much to make - really. Plus, you'll buy a drink and tip the waitress, and because success begets success the parking lot will be full and they will make it in the margins. I'll bet their average ticket is closer to 6 or 7 bucks at the end of the day.

I saw the numbers posted on your powerpoint screen. Your DeSal margins looked pretty tight too. How are you going to make it? To simplify things such that you don't have to respond - please! "Volume" grasshoppper...

<H3 class=UIIntentionalStory_Message data-ft='{"type":"msg"}'>Joe Barello Reid - Happy 4th of JULY (weekend) - let us know if you see any fireworks :-)</H3>Rand Weeks at 12:59am July 3IFFEN you do, you MAY be a tad closer to land than you should be ;) Krysia Bibro at 1:05am July 3lol...Now why didn't we think of packing them? Rand Weeks at 1:08am July 3not enough budget, most likely: tho I still have a canvas bag of REALLY old and unstable fireworks if anyone wants em... SAFETY, anyone? Krysia Bibro at 1:14am July 3...You can add them to mine! :D Rand Weeks at 1:16am July 3YOU have got unstable firworks too? we should have a party... maybe with a HAZMAT suit theme, I'm thinkin...

Found this entry in Rand Weeks's Facebook page, having gotten there via the Reid Stowe facebook friends list:

"Hurriedly writing the day 800 release for 1kd. Seems we have a little descrepancy on the day count. Website says it's today, Reid says he is on day 798 today, press dude (me) thought it was Weds. Joe ("Joe 1000days") Barello set me straight a few minutes ago. How's that for "organization"? At least Reid might enjoy the news that he may be actually a few days farther into the count than he suspected..."

A bit of an editorial slip there Rand. Admitting that you have ghost written the day 800 release, and admitting you are the press dude...

Thats the problem with telling fibs. Eventually they come back to bite you....

I wondered where you had disappeared to. Now we know..... fabricating Reids facebook page, and ghostwriting the 1kd website..... And in your facebook page, you claim that your greatest trait is .... wait for it..... HONESTY........ HAHAHA you cannot make this shit up.... (but wait, YOU CAN !!!!!!!) TFR

Praise be to Buddhah & Jesus...Brother Mike & I have something in common after all!

Never before has the Stuckey's experience been documented with such perfect clarity!

Kudos, Mike....on behalf of my three wives, 15 kids, parole officer, the crew of the Edmund, and all of us here at Stuckey's!!!

Thanks man, I spent a summer on the L.P. and around Mackinac doing a job for Spartan Foods, many years ago. I had some time to get the subtleties of the SAR (Stuckey's Alternate Reality).

Twenty years ago, a man could walk into a Stuckey's and get something resembling a meal for $1.99. Today, a man can walk into a Stucky's and get something resembling a meal for $1.99. How is it that Stuckey's has managed to bypass inflation, ballooning energy fees, skyrocketing trucking fees, increased minimum wage, increased taxes ... and still manage to keep some of their prices the same FOR TWENTY FREAKING YEARS??!?!?!?!

Where the hell are you still finding Stuckeys?

BTW no one on the LP calls it the LP. Its Michigan, and the UP. And to any yoopers on board. I'm not saying its right, I am just saying its so.

Today, a man can walk into a Stucky's and get something resembling a meal for $1.99. How is it that Stuckey's has managed to bypass inflation, ballooning energy fees, skyrocketing trucking fees, increased minimum wage, increased taxes ... and still manage to keep some of their prices the same FOR TWENTY FREAKING YEARS??!?!?!?!

Hmmmm, no Marketing courses in Alabama huh? Loss leader... Not everyone orders the 1.99 breakfast, someone will order an omelet, and pancakes don't cost much to make - really. Plus, you'll buy a drink and tip the waitress, and because success begets success the parking lot will be full and they will make it in the margins. I'll bet their average ticket is closer to 6 or 7 bucks at the end of the day.

I saw the numbers posted on your powerpoint screen. Your DeSal margins looked pretty tight too. How are you going to make it? To simplify things such that you don't have to respond - please! "Volume" grasshoppper...

Its to get you in the door so you will buy a pecan log for your aunt sandy or someone else who might like that shit.

Howbeit Poseidon had gone among the far-off Ethiopians--the Ethiopians who dwell sundered in twain, the farthermost of men, some where Hyperion sets and some where he rises, [25] there to receive a hecatomb of bulls and rams, and there he was taking his joy, sitting at the feast; but the other gods were gathered together in the halls of Olympian Zeus. Among them the father of gods and men was first to speak, for in his heart he thought of noble Aegisthus, [30] whom far-famed Orestes, Agamemnon's son, had slain. Thinking on him he spoke among the immortals, and said: “Look you now, how ready mortals are to blame the gods. It is from us, they say, that evils come, but they even of themselves, through their own blind folly, have sorrows beyond that which is ordained. [35] Even as now Aegisthus, beyond that which was ordained, took to himself the wedded wife of the son of Atreus, and slew him on his return, though well he knew of sheer destruction, seeing that we spake to him before, sending Hermes, the keen-sighted Argeiphontes,1 that he should neither slay the man nor woo his wife; [40] for from Orestes shall come vengeance for the son of Atreus when once he has come to manhood and longs for his own land. So Hermes spoke, but for all his good intent he prevailed not upon the heart of Aegisthus; and now he has paid the full price of all.”

Yet he has been islolated from humanity for two years....

Maybe I just have a different definition of isolation.

Hardly isolated quacking regularly on a satphone..

1000 Days Of Lies, Talking With People And Drifting At Sea.

sixty or so miles to the south:

post-7786-1246635355_thumb.jpg

So Weed is drifting, staying below out of the sun communicating, writing and hyping his misadventures or repairing his sails for the umpteenth time during daylight hours and doing whatever below at night. He still doesn't seem too concerned about maintaining a regular watch on deck.

Aside from the bump with the Maersk Dunedin he has been remarkably lucky in every way during the 800 days. I wouldn't be surprised if he had an incident with another vessel before this 1000 days is over. Here comes that child support check for Darshen.

Now that will be one funny show. Wonder if we can get Wofsey and Regatta Dawg on Conan as well?

Soy for the last month? Now there is an interesting concept.

Fakebook:

Robert Mancheri at 11:02am July 3Reid, is Soanya going to join you for the last month of the journey?

And in case you havn't heard, you will be on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Jay Leno has retired.

Tight? Eh. She'll be right, mate.

BTW no one on the LP calls it the LP. Its Michigan, and the UP. And to any yoopers on board. I'm not saying its right, I am just saying its so.

I'm not a Michiganite, but I do hate the Dead Wings, so does that make me an honorary Michiganite?

As for Stuckey's, this country is secretly controlled by Stuckey's. Actually there was a turf war in 1861 between control of the USA between Stuckey's and Shoney's. Many good Americans fought that fight, brother against brother, waitress against waitress. In the end, a stalemate of a sort was reached, and Stuckey's controls the country North of the Mason-Dixon line as far West as the Rockies, and Shoney's controls the South as far West as the Rockies. The West however, is still in a secret war, with Whataburger waging a violent campaign with the guerillas from Hot Dog on a Stick. Unfortunately, the beautiful lassies from HDOAS are no match for the greasy-mitted brutes from Whataburger. But recently, key battles have begun to shift the balance of power back to HDOAS.

For the sake of all that is good and decent and purely American, we can only pray that the lovely young ladies of HDOAS will fight to their last woman, and make the American West safe for human habitation again.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/voracious/hotdogonstick.jpg

You're right, RW, there are so many people out there that think they're "all that" but just talk shit.

Idiot.

Hi Dog,

I saw the Bowman's "Foredeck Union" shirt, that has your name written all over it. Pretty sweet, is it your design?

I'm not a Michiganite, but I do hate the Dead Wings, so does that make me an honorary Michiganite?

As for Stuckey's, this country is secretly controlled by Stuckey's. Actually there was a turf war in 1861 between control of the USA between Stuckey's and Shoney's. Many good Americans fought that fight, brother against brother, waitress against waitress. In the end, a stalemate of a sort was reached, and Stuckey's controls the country North of the Mason-Dixon line as far West as the Rockies, and Shoney's controls the South as far West as the Rockies. The West however, is still in a secret war, with Whataburger waging a violent campaign with the guerillas from Hot Dog on a Stick. Unfortunately, the beautiful lassies from HDOAS are no match for the greasy-mitted brutes from Whataburger. But recently, key battles have begun to shift the balance of power back to HDOAS.

For the sake of all that is good and decent and purely American, we can only pray that the lovely young ladies of HDOAS will fight to their last woman, and make the American West safe for human habitation again.

:lol: Don't underestimate the stealth move north of Cracker Barrel...... also Waffle House ~ just don't ever throw a waffle at your waitress, or you might encounter some "bad customer service" ~

Waffle House (Check out the video report lol!)

Jeff Blumenfeld wrote "You Want To Go Where?: How to Get Someone to Pay for the Trip of Your Dreams"

How apropos that the drifter/grifter is a fan!!

It would be nice indeed to abandon all responsibilities to family and follow ones foolish dreams, but most people are more responsible than that...

It would be nice indeed to abandon all responsibilities to family and follow ones foolish dreams, but most people are more responsible than that...

Couldn't the same have been said about Edmund Hillary, Buzz Aldrin and Douglas Mawson?

Of course I'm not putting Stowe in their class, but I think at some point in a person's life, it's acceptable do something bigger than drag home the carcasses. And a lot depends on what happens when Stowe gets back. If he continues to flit around then you've made your point. But I suspect that this 1000 Day trip is the final cherry on top of his pile of wild oats. I suspect he'll do the speaking tour with his 15 minutes of fame, and then settle down and opens a sail repair loft (for instance). I think he'll surprise many of his detractors by living a fairly conventional life and taking care of his wifey and kid.

You know, he's getting a bit long in the tooth now, and it's like Chris Rock says, a man is only as faithful as his options.

And a lot depends on what happens when Stowe gets back. If he continues to flit around then you've made your point.

I couldn't have said it better. People usually don't change - so I'm in - Flitting around 4:1...

I'll call my bookie - check with Vegas...

And a lot depends on what happens when Stowe gets back. If he continues to flit around then you've made your point.

I couldn't have said it better. People usually don't change - so I'm in - Flitting around 4:1...

I'll call my bookie - check with Vegas...

People don't grow up, but they definitely grow old. Growing old tends to calm the wildest of us down whether we like it or not.

<H3 class=UIIntentionalStory_Message data-ft='{"type":"msg"}'>Joe Barello Reid - Happy 4th of JULY (weekend) - let us know if you see any fireworks :-)</H3>Rand Weeks at 12:59am July 3IFFEN you do, you MAY be a tad closer to land than you should be ;) Krysia Bibro at 1:05am July 3lol...Now why didn't we think of packing them? Rand Weeks at 1:08am July 3not enough budget, most likely: tho I still have a canvas bag of REALLY old and unstable fireworks if anyone wants em... SAFETY, anyone? Krysia Bibro at 1:14am July 3...You can add them to mine! :D Rand Weeks at 1:16am July 3YOU have got unstable firworks too? we should have a party... maybe with a HAZMAT suit theme, I'm thinkin...

I think RW was very close to a 911 NYPD guy. I feel for him (RW), but don't appreciate his exploitation of his buddy's death.

I had access to their internal e-mails up until about 2 months ago. I won't comment any more on this except to say that these Reidtards need to reevaluate. RW - Who's the fucking hero?

Sorry for the hijack, but I spent 15 minutes in a Walmart with Billy Backstay, 6 fingered idiots with webbed feet and every white trash fat woman who needed a place to go with her screaming, bastard children.

My good God, I'm exhausted. BB is a total douche nasal.

Can we get back to the real purpose of this thread, which is to marvel and throw rocks at 1kd mission control, and their fixation at making a silk purse out of reid's ear.

How does THE 1KD PRESS GURU RW (who has used numerous pseudonyms here), and who admits to ghostwriting the 1kd entries, enter a competition on facebook to measure his honesty, and then get facebook to tell him that his best virtue is honesty ? WTF ? Why would you bother telling fibs to facebook, in order to have a computer tell you that you are honest ? What a wacky wacky world you hovians live in, and what bizarre lengths you go to, in your frantic scramble to achieve some level of credibility.... Are you still doing this without being paid RW ? Why ?

Can we get back to the real purpose of this thread, which is to marvel and throw rocks at 1kd mission control, and their fixation at making a silk purse out of reid's ear.

How does THE 1KD PRESS GURU RW (who has used numerous pseudonyms here), and who admits to ghostwriting the 1kd entries, enter a competition on facebook to measure his honesty, and then get facebook to tell him that his best virtue is honesty ? WTF ? Why would you bother telling fibs to facebook, in order to have a computer tell you that you are honest ? What a wacky wacky world you hovians live in, and what bizarre lengths you go to, in your frantic scramble to achieve some level of credibility.... Are you still doing this without being paid RW ? Why ?

Make Your Own Dildo Kit

Hovians can now have the best part of Reid erect and ready 24/7, with this Make Your Own Dildo Kit. Now, Hovians, you can make an exact clone of Reid's penis, with 100% accuracy. It will have the exact look and feel that you and NASA love. When Reid's on the azure, or even if he's in a secluded bay wearing a worm shirt, you can get some without Reid feeling jealous or insecure that your toys may put him out of commission. The dildo is made of high-quality rubber that will not crack under pressure. This kit comes with easy to follow instructions and everything you need, all you have to do is add water and his manhood. Add one stick of butter and stir frequently for 1000 days until firm.

41PmW6uZU6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, but I spent 15 minutes in a Walmart with Billy Backstay, 6 fingered idiots with webbed feet and every white trash fat woman who needed a place to go with her screaming, bastard children.

Thanks for letting me borrow your HANDICAPPED PARKING PERMIT, Regatta Dick, I mean DOG.

Cheers, mates.....

Thanks for letting me borrow your HANDICAPPED PARKING PERMIT, Regatta Dick, I mean DOG.

Cheers, mates.....

Bite me.

I gotta ask. I know what a douche nozzle is but what the hell is a douche nasal? It sounds like it is nothing to sneeze at.

Nice. Seen someone do that with pieces of spaghetti before. Never knew there was a word for it, what a great term of affection. I love this place.

post-1557-1246685543_thumb.jpg

a clean nose is a happy nose

Alkalol!!!

All jokes aside, that's called a Neti Pot, and it will add years of good health to life. The old saying is that death begins in the colon, but it ferments in the sinuses. The Neti Pot cleans all that stuff out.

They make a version for Americans, that is more a squeeze bottle, available at your corner Rite Aid:

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/d...20sinus%20rinse

My wife taught me all about this stuff. It's really incredible to see the syrupy goo that stuck right behind our faces. Gets rid of headaches, sinus pressure, infections, sleeplessness. And if you use the little packets that come with the NeilMed, it equalizes the pH, to avoid that "swimming pool up the nose" feeling.

I have found that it dramatically increases my ability smell the deliciousness of a good Lambic. Mmm, Lambic.

Regardless, I think he meant "nozzle" rather than "nasal."

Alkalol!!!

All jokes aside, that's called a Neti Pot, and it will add years of good health to life. The old saying is that death begins in the colon, but it ferments in the sinuses. The Neti Pot cleans all that stuff out.

They make a version for Americans, that is more a squeeze bottle, available at your corner Rite Aid:

My wife taught me all about this stuff. It's really incredible to see the syrupy goo that stuck right behind our faces. Gets rid of headaches, sinus pressure, infections, sleeplessness. And if you use the little packets that come with the NeilMed, it equalizes the pH, to avoid that "swimming pool up the nose" feeling.

I have found that it dramatically increases my ability smell the deliciousness of a good Lambic. Mmm, Lambic.

No - I did mean "nasal" and am very impressed with McShrimp's acuity. Whether you use the snot pot or the booger bottle, it is also great at flushing all that nasty pollen.

Have you seen the size of some of the bras at Walmart? Jeebus - some of them should have wheels sewn into the undercup.

This sounds nothing like the hippy-dippy crap, but the egregious typos are totally unchecked and unacceptable.

Day 801 - July 2, 2009

Wind SW, 10 Knots, Course NW, Speed 1 knot, Position 7*33n by 17*03w

"Pop" Exploration

First through the Northwest Passage and to the South Pole, Amundsen said, "The (North) Pole held no interest for me - Peary's brilliant deed in 1909 had destroyed it's value for all subsequent explorers".

I agree with Amundsen, but that is not the case with Jeff Blumenfeld, a host of modern adventurers and many corporations. Those corporations have spent millions of dollars supporting trips to the poles and many times conquered mountain tops to advertise their names and products.

For 35 years Jeff has had his eyes on the adventure world and has been reporting it in Expedition News, an insiders guide to the business of adventure marketing. Exploration has married consumer culture, the mass media and popular culture, making it much more accessible to the average person.

I call it "Pop" Exploration, short for popular exploration. It has a sensibility to advertising, mass media and the consumerism of our turn of the century culture.

Jeff reports with a sense of satirical wit. a golfer got sponsorship to hit a golf ball 1,319 miles across Mongolia. An African American woman in her senior years was sponsored to helicopter to the North pole to put on skis. She became a hit inspirational speaker in the media and TV talk shows. Tough men and women with an environmental sensibility have been sponsored to retrace the steps of most of the great expeditions and climbed more mountains faster.

You can read all about it in "You Want To Go Where? How To Get Someone To Pay For The Trip Of Your Dreams". Read about modern exploration and find out how to fund and arrange your own trips. It took me twenty years of trying all kinds of things and I sure couldn't tell a person how to do it. I think Jeff wrote an entertaining, right up with the times book, like no other book on exploration. It is a must for anyone who wants a little help going anywhere by any means.

It is a book I think followers of The Love Voyage will enjoy.

This sounds nothing like the hippy-dippy crap, but the egregious typos are totally unchecked and unacceptable.

Day 801 - July 2, 2009

Wind SW, 10 Knots, Course NW, Speed 1 knot, Position 7*33n by 17*03w

"Pop" Exploration

First through the Northwest Passage and to the South Pole, Amundsen said, "The (North) Pole held no interest for me - Peary's brilliant deed in 1909 had destroyed it's value for all subsequent explorers".

I agree with Amundsen, but that is not the case with Jeff Blumenfeld, a host of modern adventurers and many corporations. Those corporations have spent millions of dollars supporting trips to the poles and many times conquered mountain tops to advertise their names and products.

For 35 years Jeff has had his eyes on the adventure world and has been reporting it in Expedition News, an insiders guide to the business of adventure marketing. Exploration has married consumer culture, the mass media and popular culture, making it much more accessible to the average person.

I call it "Pop" Exploration, short for popular exploration. It has a sensibility to advertising, mass media and the consumerism of our turn of the century culture.

Jeff reports with a sense of satirical wit. a golfer got sponsorship to hit a golf ball 1,319 miles across Mongolia. An African American woman in her senior years was sponsored to helicopter to the North pole to put on skis. She became a hit inspirational speaker in the media and TV talk shows. Tough men and women with an environmental sensibility have been sponsored to retrace the steps of most of the great expeditions and climbed more mountains faster.

You can read all about it in "You Want To Go Where? How To Get Someone To Pay For The Trip Of Your Dreams". Read about modern exploration and find out how to fund and arrange your own trips. It took me twenty years of trying all kinds of things and I sure couldn't tell a person how to do it. I think Jeff wrote an entertaining, right up with the times book, like no other book on exploration. It is a must for anyone who wants a little help going anywhere by any means.

It is a book I think followers of The Love Voyage will enjoy.

Probably Rand's work. Not Stowe.

On Reid Stowe aka Rand Weeks's nfacebook, Reid claims to love america (he is a member of the usa lovers facebook..).. yet his floating pos is not registered in "America ... Why is that ?

Loving a country because of its "marks", and tolerant attitude to drug runners, tax fraudsters and child support avoiders , is not the same as loving a country weidy.....

Rw strikes again. And I especially liked the fact that the facebook for weidy says that he thinks about Darshen every day, and that Darshen is one of his most favourite things...

Yet, there is absolutely NO MENTION OF DARSHEN IN HIS DAILY RANTS....

jUST HOW EXACTLY DOES WEIDY MAINTAIN HIS FACEBOOK PAGE, USING A SATELLITE PHONE ?

You hovians are sick sick people....

65 years ago, you would be gauletiers in the minisry of propaganda. eking out a living by working ........in berlin

On Reid Stowe aka Rand Weeks's nfacebook, Reid claims to love america (he is a member of the usa lovers facebook..).. yet his floating pos is not registered in "America ... Why is that ?

Loving a country because of its "marks", and tolerant attitude to drug runners, tax fraudsters and child support avoiders , is not the same as loving a country weidy.....

Rw strikes again. And I especially liked the fact that the facebook for weidy says that he thinks about Darshen every day, and that Darshen is one of his most favourite things...

Yet, there is absolutely NO MENTION OF DARSHEN IN HIS DAILY RANTS....

jUST HOW EXACTLY DOES WEIDY MAINTAIN HIS FACEBOOK PAGE, USING A SATELLITE PHONE ?

You hovians are sick sick people....

65 years ago, you would be gauletiers in the minisry of propaganda. eking out a living by working ........in berlin

Weedo's Facebook page is a hoot.

Living in a DANGEROUS HIGH PERFORMANCE environment. What can you say to a statement like this? Admittedly there have been a few days of exposure to danger but for the most part the drift has been pretty bloody boring stuff.

Isolated for more than 2 years from humanity? Turn off your sat phone if you want isolation. And what is Soanya?

Isolated for more than 2 years from humanity? Turn off your sat phone if you want isolation. And what is Soanya?

The data rate of those budget sat-phones and plans are pretty dismal. I can't imagine that he's updating his Facebook page from the boat, and when he left, Facebook had only just recently been opened to the general public, and wasn't too popular with anyone but college students. So it's doubtful to me that he opened up a Facebook account before he left, and extremely doubtful that he opened it from the boat.

That Facebook page is probably done by his wife or friend or maybe even someone else.

Anyway, my old sailin' grounds are in the newspaper ...

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../NEWS/907050335

They even interviewed John from the Hideaway Marina!

The data rate of those budget sat-phones and plans are pretty dismal. I can't imagine that he's updating his Facebook page from the boat, and when he left, Facebook had only just recently been opened to the general public, and wasn't too popular with anyone but college students. So it's doubtful to me that he opened up a Facebook account before he left, and extremely doubtful that he opened it from the boat.

That Facebook page is probably done by his wife or friend or maybe even someone else.

Anyway, my old sailin' grounds are in the newspaper ...

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../NEWS/907050335

They even interviewed John from the Hideaway Marina!

seems most of the actual work is done this way, anyone want to step up?

seems the SA short bus is in the usual lot, all aboard!

Pick me up; I have a wad of singles bulging in my Levis... :lol::P:unsure::blink:

...Closest titty bar is only 35 minutes away..

Then the goddess, flashing-eyed1 Athena, answered him: [45] “Father of us all, thou son of Cronos, high above all lords, aye, verily that man lies low in a

destruction that is his due; so, too, may any other also be destroyed who does such deeds. But my heart is torn for wise Odysseus, hapless man, who far from

his friends has long been suffering woes [50] in a sea-girt isle, where is the navel of the sea. 'Tis a wooded isle, and therein dwells a goddess, daughter of

Atlas of baneful mind, who knows the depths of every sea, and himself holds the tall pillars which keep earth and heaven apart. [55] His daughter it is that

keeps back that wretched, sorrowing man; and ever with soft and wheedling words she beguiles him that he may forget Ithaca. But Odysseus, in his longing to

see were it but the smoke leaping up from his own land, yearns to die. Yet thy [60] heart doth not regard it, Olympian. Did not Odysseus beside the ships of

the Argives offer thee sacrifice without stint in the broad land of Troy? Wherefore then didst thou conceive such wrath2 against him, O Zeus?”

:lol: Don't underestimate the stealth move north of Cracker Barrel...... also Waffle House ~ just don't ever throw a waffle at your waitress, or you might encounter some "bad customer service" ~

I though the mason/dixon line was renamed the Waffle House/IHOP line

Alkalol!!!

OMG I just realised. You are Cliff Claven.

Alkalol!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Then Zeus, the cloud-gatherer, answered her and said: “My child, what a word has escaped the barrier of thy teeth? [65] How should I, then, forget godlike

Odysseus, who is beyond all mortals in wisdom, and beyond all has paid sacrifice to the immortal gods, who hold broad heaven? Nay, it is Poseidon, the earth-

enfolder, who is ever filled with stubborn wrath because of the Cyclops, whom Odysseus blinded of his eye-- [70] even the godlike Polyphemus, whose might

is greatest among all the Cyclopes; and the nymph Thoosa bore him, daughter of Phorcys who rules over the unresting3 sea; for in the hollow caves she lay

with Poseidon. From that time forth Poseidon, the earth-shaker, [75] does not indeed slay Odysseus, but makes him a wanderer from his native land. But

come, let us who are here all take thought of his return, that he may come home; and Poseidon will let go his anger, for he will in no wise be able, against all

the immortal gods and in their despite, to contend alone.”

Laugh while you can dockboy. And if you end up writhing in numbed-up mutilation on your death bed in the assisted-living facility from a clogged up colon and sinuses spewing fairy juice like a barfly after a bender, you can remember these happy words ... "death begins in the colon and decay lives in the sinuses."

gif.gif

post-36765-1246914190.jpg

Laugh while you can dockboy. And if you end up writhing in numbed-up mutilation on your death bed in the assisted-living facility from a clogged up colon and sinuses spewing fairy juice like a barfly after a bender, you can remember these happy words ... "death begins in the colon and decay lives in the sinuses."

gif.gif

Cliff: Well you know there Normy they say that death begins in the colon and decay lives in the sinuses.

Norm: Coach! bring me one of anything that he is not having.

As it's been so boring in these parts lately I thought I would revisit the matter of the Tantra Schooner's Anguillan registry.

http://www.summitchambers.com/Articles3.html

How he managed to bob about NY harbor with that bit of fantasy is amazing. Perhaps once registered somehow but I bet annual registration/updates were not maintained.

Excuse me Mr. Stowe, your papers please.

Actually, wasn't the owner Robert S. (Wave) Stowe or the Explorer's Society or some equally ludicrous fiction?

Cliff Claven is perfect.

At least half the bar had Cliffy on Ignore as well.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin

"Clifford C. Clavin, Jr. is a character on the American television show Cheers, co-created and portrayed by John Ratzenberger."

"On the Cheers 20th Anniversary Special, host John McLaughlin asked Ratzenberger about Cliff Clavin. Ratzenberger said that Cliff would describe himself as the "Winged nut that holds western civilization together."

"Ratzenberger appeared on the cover of some of the books in the series The Complete Idiot's Guide to..., presumably as Cliff, the self-styled expert on everything."

We have our man!

Can't wait to Ignore Wofsey's response...

Ratzenberger has also done voice-over for characters in every single Pixar film ever created...

He's definitely a gifted voice actor, pretty much kept Cheers in the lineup in my opinion. He and Rhea Pearlman were the best ones on that show. Coach and Woody Harrelson were good too. Sort of a rote show, typical pre-digested sitcom-land video appliance programming, stuff to fill the empty space.

He's a sailor too, I read that he has a cruising yacht and flits around the South Pacific.

Ratzenberger has also done voice-over for characters in every single Pixar film ever created...

He's definitely a gifted voice actor, pretty much kept Cheers in the lineup in my opinion. He and Rhea Pearlman were the best ones on that show. Coach and Woody Harrelson were good too. Sort of a rote show, typical pre-digested sitcom-land video appliance programming, stuff to fill the empty space.

He's a sailor too, I read that he has a cruising yacht and flits around the South Pacific.

Yeah - and Shemp carried the Stooges.

Day 805 - July 6, 2009

Wind, Becalmed, Drift S, Position 7*57n by 17*31w

Soul Force Messengers

As a baby I reached out exploring, growing, living, because life flowed through me. This soul force that flows through me is not mine, I am the messenger. We are all soul force messengers delivering the "goods".

Many things stop us from our natural tendencies. We are cribbed in. "Don't touch!" Then we cling to a sense of security, responsibility and red tape. "Halt, proceed no further!" Society and administrators through history have prevented soul force messengers from freedom and advancing the knowledge of the world. Too many pleasures and material possessions kept us from seeking and delivering.

Thankfully throughout history many people in many fields defied the constraints of physical, social and mental barriers. We emancipated ourselves from fears and fetters to search the horizon beyond. There is no way to stop us! It is in our genes. It is in our nature to expand. We can do nothing else. Flowing soul force is deeply ingrained in all living creatures. We are all soul force messengers, singleminded, one pointed, invading any space that looks auspicious.

I still have the little boy's innocent enterprising drive with a vigorous circulation of sap. I'm ever searching, onward probing to a rendezvous with infinity. I have the insatiable appetite of all those who are lured to grapple with the full meaning and power of our unchained beings. It is in the sacred space where we conceive the inconceivable and experience the incomprehensible.

This is our grand deeper destiny, to live timeless myths and convert them to a present-day reality. In the process of delivering our communal soul force message, we contemplate and live the possibilities of human grandeur. We face our prospects not with dread, but with great expectations. We perceive larger relationships and give the gift of life unencumbered by enclosures and merge with the universe.

All this enlarges the human horizon. Knowledge gained from soul force can be used fruitfully for the betterment of all. This is what sustains me, what I think about day and night and what I wish to share.

Can anyone, even Mike, please tell me what the fuck he's saying here? Is this just a rehash of the Freudian Id/Ego conflict or is this just the complete, inane, bullshit it appears to be? I read it twice and it hurts. If it is the Id/Ego - is he justifying his lifestyle via intentional omission of the Super Ego --- you know - that regulator that keeps the rest of society from collapsing into complete, dare I say - anarchy?

NASA - You watching this?

He obviously hasn't run out of dope.

i like the one before soul messenger

HideReid Stowe Day 803 - July 4, 2009

Wind SE, 15 knots, Course NW, Speed 1.5 knots, Position 7*48n by 17*30w

Seamanship First

In the morning I pray as I wake out of my dreams. I know it is time to get up when I have dreams of myself working on the schooner. This is a reoccurring dream that I don't think will end anytime soon.Day 803 Seamanship First

Source: 1000days.net

1000 Days at Sea: The Mars Ocean Odyssey” a contemplated 1000-day voyage which commenced on April 21, 2007 from Pier 12, Hoboken, New Jersey. Principle is William Reid Stowe an American artist and mariner.

best part is 1 person likes this...

...rand stowe!

[80] Then the goddess, flashing-eyed Athena, answered him: “Father of us all, thou son of Cronos, high above all lords, if indeed this is now well pleasing to

the blessed gods, that the wise Odysseus should return to his own home, let us send forth Hermes, the messenger, Argeiphontes, [85] to the isle Ogygia, that

with all speed he may declare to the fair-tressed nymph our fixed resolve, even the return of Odysseus of the steadfast heart, that he may come home. But,

as for me, I will go to Ithaca, that I may the more arouse his son, and set courage in his heart [90] to call to an assembly the long-haired Achaeans, and

speak out his word to all the wooers, who are ever slaying his thronging sheep and his sleek1 kine of shambling gait. And I will guide him to Sparta and to

sandy Pylos, to seek tidings of the return of his dear father, if haply he may hear of it, [95] that good report may be his among men.” So she spoke, and

bound beneath her feet her beautiful sandals, immortal,2 golden, which were wont to bear her both over the waters of the sea and over the boundless land

swift as the blasts of the wind. And she took her mighty spear, tipped with sharp bronze, [100] heavy and huge and strong, wherewith she vanquishes the

ranks of men--of warriors, with whom she is wroth, she, the daughter of the mighty sire. Then she went darting down from the heights of Olympus, and took

her stand in the land of Ithaca at the outer gate of Odysseus, on the threshold of the court. In her hand she held the spear of bronze, [105] and she was in the

likeness of a stranger, Mentes, the leader of the Taphians.

So, is the reason not to keep watch in these waters because if this sucker, passing nearby last night, hits you, you are completely fucked, and you do not want to see it coming, or because you can't get out of the way anyway and you might as well get a good night sleep?

abuja.bmp

Ah, I see that the brain-rinse has already begun on you. The next step is to fight the idea that Shemp was the driving personality of the Stooges since it threatens your child-formed world view. This will happen for 3-30 months, depending on your level of curiosity. The next step is attempt to disprove the influence of Shemp, so you will watch several original vids with his brotherly replacement, and then compare them to some of the original materal. At some point, on a Tuesday evening, in a bout of alcohol and peyote fueled rage you will throw a glass tumbler (silkscreened with a Wake Forest logo) at your television, as the Shemp menace mocks you, taunts you that everything you believed about the Stooges needs to be subtly adjusted. In the old days, the thick glass of the tube would have escaped unharmed, but your LCD doesn't have the resilience of a 12-inch black and white tube, so the digital blood of death will spread across your screen like a wounded antelope bleeding out on the tundra. "Why?!" you will cry, your knees collapsing to the floor, as you cry to heaven what you have done with your life. But the sound will continue, and before falling to the ground, you will hear the voice of Shemp, and you will let him into your heart. And you will finally know the true meaning of the Stooges. You will finally give your soul to the man who gave up his health and his life to his his friends and fans so that they might have a few more precious days of work and entertainment.

Ah, I see that the brain-rinse has already begun on you. The next step is to fight the idea that Shemp was the driving personality of the Stooges since it threatens your child-formed world view. This will happen for 3-30 months, depending on your level of curiosity. The next step is attempt to disprove the influence of Shemp, so you will watch several original vids with his brotherly replacement, and then compare them to some of the original materal. At some point, on a Tuesday evening, in a bout of alcohol and peyote fueled rage you will throw a glass tumbler (silkscreened with a Wake Forest logo) at your television, as the Shemp menace mocks you, taunts you that everything you believed about the Stooges needs to be subtly adjusted. In the old days, the thick glass of the tube would have escaped unharmed, but your LCD doesn't have the resilience of a 12-inch black and white tube, so the digital blood of death will spread across your screen like a wounded antelope bleeding out on the tundra. "Why?!" you will cry, your knees collapsing to the floor, as you cry to heaven what you have done with your life. But the sound will continue, and before falling to the ground, you will hear the voice of Shemp, and you will let him into your heart. And you will finally know the true meaning of the Stooges. You will finally give your soul to the man who gave up his health and his life to his his friends and fans so that they might have a few more precious days of work and entertainment.

Just remember if you are ever playing Jeopardy and you have more then twice as much money as the next person, don't bet it all.

"Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?"

As it's been so boring in these parts lately I thought I would revisit the matter of the Tantra Schooner's Anguillan registry.

How he managed to bob about NY harbor with that bit of fantasy is amazing. Perhaps once registered somehow but I bet annual registration/updates were not maintained.

Actually, wasn't the owner Robert S. (Wave) Stowe or the Explorer's Society or some equally ludicrous fiction?

Which means that he probably owed taxes on the CheeseScow even before he left as it had been in US waters for too long. Does this mean that he will have to fly the Q flag upon his return and await customs? Given his criminal history, the Customs folks will undoubtedly want to inspect his vessel for contraband and the Coasties should want to write a few safety tickets upon his arrival based on all of the information provided here and at Dogs House. The IRS will be on the dock and NYPD will be there with their flotilla should he suddenly take on water or fire a sprout scud rocket at the GW Bridge. (Imagine the mess a bunch of sprouts would make!)

Should be a hoot. Have diesel heater and two electric jackets yearning for action. I want to see this from the water. We need to establish our own MC. Standing by, one-six, OUT!

I though the mason/dixon line was renamed the Waffle House/IHOP line

Acutually it's the Dunkin' Donuts / Krispy Kreme line.

Alkalol!!!

LOL!!!! Nailed it!!! :P:lol:

Which means that he probably owed taxes on the CheeseScow even before he left as it had been in US waters for too long. Does this mean that he will have to fly the Q flag upon his return and await customs? Given his criminal history, the Customs folks will undoubtedly want to inspect his vessel for contraband and the Coasties should want to write a few safety tickets upon his arrival based on all of the information provided here and at Dogs House. The IRS will be on the dock and NYPD will be there with their flotilla should he suddenly take on water or fire a sprout scud rocket at the GW Bridge. (Imagine the mess a bunch of sprouts would make!)

Should be a hoot. Have diesel heater and two electric jackets yearning for action. I want to see this from the water. We need to establish our own MC. Standing by, one-six, OUT!

SA meet and greet, wherever he lands. Maybe Clean can do an OTWA. Love to see Clean and Reid interview. :lol::lol:

Can you fucking imagine?

Isn't this Anarchy Control, the oxymoronic thread?

There she found the proud wooers. They were taking their pleasure at draughts in front of the doors, sitting on the hides of oxen which they themselves had

slain; and of the heralds3 and busy squires, [110] some were mixing wine and water for them in bowls, others again were washing the tables with porous

sponges and setting them forth, while still others were portioning out meats in abundance. Her the godlike Telemachus was far the first to see, for he was sitting

among the wooers, sad at heart, [115] seeing in thought his noble father, should he perchance come from somewhere and make a scattering of the wooers in

the palace, and himself win honor and rule over his own house. As he thought of these things, sitting among the wooers, he beheld Athena, and he went straight

to the outer door; for in his heart he counted it shame [120] that a stranger should stand long at the gates. So, drawing near, he clasped her right hand, and

took from her the spear of bronze; and he spoke, and addressed her with winged words:4 “Hail, stranger; in our house thou shalt find entertainment and then,

when thou hast tasted food, thou shalt tell of what thou hast need.”

WTF are you talking about STO LAT??

I'm just skimming through the posts to see if he's still alive - so forgive me if I've missed a point somewhere. If I have missed any correlation can someone fill me in?

WTF are you talking about STO LAT??

I'm just skimming through the posts to see if he's still alive - so forgive me if I've missed a point somewhere. If I have missed any correlation can someone fill me in?

book of the month anarchy-don't try to understand