Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

All I know is that there is a good possibility that that will be the name of my next boat.

I think Pretzel Kitchen is a good name for a small boat. People would be like "hey, is that boat a floating pretzel kitchen?" And then they would try to raft up to buy some pretzels, like the Nantucket Nectar dudes used to sell their lemonade from a skiff.

Or else "Hey, look at that dinghy, it says 'Pretzel Kitchen.'"

"Oh yes, that boat must belong to that pretzel tycoon I've heard of."

"Dear ... it is a small boat, the pretzel tycoon must not be very wealthy."

"Well, you know ... he's only the tycoon of pretzels after all."

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

you'll only get 1 more CB, Cliffie has to have the last word.

I'm truly sorry lasses and gassoons, I got started early tonight, on St. Paulie girls that were gently forced upon me by a dear friend. And then I got into the peanuts, so there isn't a whole of petroleum left in my noggin. And normally I would love to add to this conversation, after all it is quite an honor to take on the symbolic role of the poodle-skirted lass who waves the hotrods from their starting line. And of course I have Regatta Dog to thank, who truly is a prince amoung men, a truly beautiful person who hides his own brand of peace and love beneath a very veneer of nontoxic venom.

It was Dog, after all, who extended the hand of comradeship when I first came to this forum, oblivious in my ignorance, thinking this was a group of anarchic sailors. But the truth unfolded itself to me in an equally exotic fashion, thanks to the generous words of SA's king, none other than Dr. Alan himself. And in that conversation with King of Clean, I got my taste of the true undercurrent of the overcurrent, the sideslip past the hull of the sailing counterculture.

You folks are truly wonderful, and I know I have my camel hissing contests with Red and Barley, but you are all a group of people whom I would love to mix a Dry Cincinatti Holster, hold the cocktail onion, with a dash of bitters. I really do like y'all. And tomorrow, when the intoxicants of peace and love and truth and harmony have flown again, and taken root in the Vicar of Oban ... tomorrow, when again I will hurl back the dung which you have tossed over the fence, in our ocassional bouts of the Thousand Day Teatherball ... when this happens, please understand that you are still my people.

And if someday I happen to dock my broken-down, busted-up future vessel next to yours, please have nothing but confidence that if I drop my mast onto you it won't be because I don't like you, but rather because my heart is so full of love that it has spilled to my fingers and they will be no longer able to properly hold onto the sidestays. But femtoseconds before the cold carbon hits, the generosity that y'all have shown to me will have the ability to push twist the very digits of quantum probability in your favour and the shock of impact will succeed in moving the carbon structure to the metastable condition where that mast will convert to the most perfect of diamonds and spread over you in the gentle rain of Scottish dew.

I would like to designate you Shrimpy, you sandy-booty Shrimper McShrimpyton of the Clan MacShrimpougle. Please, assume the mantle of chosing the final four words. So that together, we can stand on the dock, me in my Newport best with wool, crafted in the Brother's Brook sweatshop, and you, fully covered in a silk burkha except for you midsection and sandy-faced booty. You will smash a bottle of Grand Marnier across the bow of the ship of literature and off it will rise, carried aloft by the lighter-than-air characteristics of the words themselves. And it gently floats out across the South Atlantic and empties the poop-hold onto Reid's schooner below, the intent of peace and love will again work its quantum mechanical logic and the Boltzmann's constant itself will suspend disbelief long enough for all the dung of Sailing Anarchy 1000 Day Forum Opression ® to rain down upon Stowe as stawberry marshmallows and ponzu mushrooms, and from that moment, we will all finally realize that we want the same things out of life ... half-decent sex and extremely decent beer ... stuff brewed with the knowledge of Satan himself, chained by the hoof to the copper ale kettle.

This will all happen as soon as you chose the final four words Shrimpy. The cloak of terrifying responsibility has been passed to you. It is now your hot patata.

Write like Reid and win a fricken hat! Game on!

I think we have a good list of 10. You've got till next Wednesday to post using the words/word pairings below. Deciding the winner will be made by Friday of next week. Comments, pro or ex-con might effluence the judges.

Contest is changed to 300 words or less because Mike couldn't come up with ten nouns. Here's what needs to be used --

1 -"Stadium"

2- "Jackknife Clown" (without reference to a boat name)

3- "Derrick" (without reference to Jeeter)

4- "Lieutenant Kickplate" (without reference to a boat name)

5 - "Paraffin Wheel" (without reference to cheese)

6 - "Fondant" (Google it - I have no fucking idea what that is)

7 - "Tampon string"

8 - "Iridium dice"

9 - "I-Beam with a Scotch Chaser"

10 - "Azure Flatulance"

GO! Tick, tick, tick..........

Got a call from Bucky Dent. He says go for the outside dream -- that SeaMadness or Aseawolf might win this thing.

Tick,tick, tick..

Seriously - nice hat in it for the winner, and maybe a Soanya thong.

That's the last 4? Can someone summarize the format, list the words and come up with a title... "Drifting closer to thee, my Lord, and to thee my Lord, and to thee my Lord..." No. You can come up with something better than that...

I think we have a good list of 10. You've got till next Wednesday to post using the words/word pairings below. Deciding the winner will be made by Friday of next week. Comments, pro or ex-con might effluence the judges.

Contest is changed to 300 words or less because Mike couldn't come up with ten nouns. Here's what needs to be used --

1 -"Stadium"

7 - "Tampon string"

8 - "Iridium dice"

10 - "Azure Flatulance"

Got a call from Bucky Dent. He says go for the outside dream -- that SeaMadness or Aseawolf might win this thing.

Tick,tick, tick..

EDIT - As stated earlier - every Reidasious entry must provide a non photo shopped picture. It can not come from the 1000 days site or photochopped crap from here. Extra points if you can find a photo that has nothing at all to do with the text of your entry. Tits and ass shots, not withstanding.

Day 815 Flood in Motor Room

Thursday, 16 July 2009

[ED note: image pending

Day 815 - July 16, 2009

Wind SW, 10 knots, Course NW, Speed 1.5, Position 10*15n by 18*18w

Flood in Motor Room

As I sat down to breakfast the other day, the bilge alarm went off. That is no problem, because it is set to go off when very little water comes in. When I looked in the motor room, water was above the floorboards!!

I quickly jumped in, stepping through the water and looked under the motor to see if the starter motor had gotten wet. It was dry, so I was relieved and started the motor. I then engaged our big pump driven by a fan belt from the motor. In a few minutes the water was out of the bilge.

I figured the water came in through the stuffing box where the propeller shaft goes out through the back of the boat. I lifted up the floorboard beside my bed and sure enough, water was squirting in. I reached down with my big stuffing box wrench and tightened it up a little and water stopped coming in. I decided I would replace the stuffing which I had put in about three years ago when we hauled the schooner out.

I had run the motor in gear awhile the day before and when I finished, I checked the stuffing box and tightened it down because it was leaking. That must have loosened up the stuffing enough so that it started leaking through the night. I went to the bilge alarm to find out why it didn't go off in time and found the adjusting screw on the lever arm and spring had unscrewed itself. Luckily the alarm went off.

I reset the screw and tested it again and again. I then changed the stuffing, which is a dicey thing to do at sea alone because once the stuffing box is apart, water gushes in and it is important to do a good job with the stuffing and thank goodness the threads matched up and I got it back together and tightened down.

I took this opportunity to go through all my electrical bags and find the parts and pieces and I installed a second bilge alarm, which I had been wanting to do, but had too many other projects. Then I spent a whole day cleaning in the motor room and checking things.

While I was in an electrical mood, I took parts and pieces from broken antennas and built a new one for the VHF radio. I had my handheld radio ready to use for the last year.

Coincidentally a ship passed and I checked the new antenna and it worked. So now we are back to normal and better off than before.

[325] For them the famous minstrel was singing, and they sat in silence listening; and he sang of the return of the Achaeans--the woeful return from Troy which

Pallas Athena laid upon them. And from her upper chamber the daughter of Icarius, wise Penelope, heard his wondrous song, [330] and she went down the high

stairway from her chamber, not alone, for two handmaids attended her. Now when the fair lady had come to the wooers, she stood by the door-post of the well-

built hall, holding before her face her shining veil; [335] and a faithful handmaid stood on either side of her. Then she burst into tears, and spoke to the divine

minstrel: “Phemius, many other things thou knowest to charm mortals, deeds of men and gods which minstrels make famous. Sing them one of these, as thou

sittest here, [340] and let them drink their wine in silence. But cease from this woeful song which ever harrows the heart in my breast, for upon me above all

women has come a sorrow not to be forgotten. So dear a head do I ever remember with longing, even my husband, whose fame is wide through Hellas and

mid-Argos.”1 [345] Then wise Telemachus answered her: “My mother, why dost thou begrudge the good minstrel to give pleasure in whatever way his heart is

moved? It is not minstrels that are to blame, but Zeus, I ween, is to blame, who gives to men that live by toil,2 to each one as he will. [350] With this man no

one can be wroth if he sings of the evil doom of the Danaans; for men praise that song the most which comes the newest to their ears. For thyself, let thy heart

and soul endure to listen; for not Odysseus alone lost [355] in Troy the day of his return, but many others likewise perished. Nay, go to thy chamber, and busy

thyself with thine own tasks, the loom and the distaff, and bid thy handmaids ply their tasks; but speech shall be for men, for all, but most of all for me; since

mine is the authority in the house.” [360] She then, seized with wonder, went back to her chamber, for she laid to heart the wise saying of her son. Up to her

upper chamber she went with her handmaids, and then bewailed Odysseus, her dear husband until flashing-eyed Athena cast sweet sleep upon her eyelids.

:(

1 -"Stadium"

7 - "Tampon string"

8 - "Iridium dice"

10 - "Azure Flatulance"

Tick,tick, tick..

Well fuck you changed all the words to phrases and now I have to rewrite what I already did.

Will MC mention Zac Sunderland's accomplishment? With any luck in 35 years the kid can hook up with a 20 year old nymphet and try to stay at seeeea for 1500 days.

I warned you Mikewolfsay. After reading your last massively misguided missive disguised as a post meant to exorcise some of the hate laden dribble you've been forced to endure here, I can only say that it seems you too have officially gone to the other side. The misbegotten world of sailing anarchy inanity and insanity has taken hold of you soul. A strange hybrid encouraging the misuse of incredible amounts of low falutin vocabulary words, promoting endless google searches for the most unrighteously funny and inappropriately indignant responses. And in the end to say what amounts to absolutely nuttin of any importance nor meaning to anyone.

Sailon oh sailor Mike before it gets worse, and you find yourself G-d forbid clicking on paypal for these fake anarchistas and wearing their loathsomely phony label of affluence tee shirt to your own inner derision.

LEAVE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Regatta Dog is salivating over his newly past his canine abuse bud. Mr. Clean happy he could cut you down and make you fit into the fold. It's just like a cult I say, disguised as a fraternal organization of happy go lucky water pussy hounds.

I tell you Mike, there's more to life than fake anarchy & anarchistas. Add up your wasted hours here, combine with the unwarranted enmity faced ny your innocent soul, and see if you still wanna kiss the dirty asses of all too often ignorant phonies.

Smooth sailin'

Sir Wanker, for somebody who represents a drifting "mission" that could be the very definition of inaity itself, even you must admit you've cracked a smile once or twice here. Just amusing ourselves at the daily comic strip, we are. Where's Darshen's birfday pic anyway?

Sir Wanker, for somebody who represents a drifting "mission" that could be the very definition of inaity itself, even you must admit you've cracked a smile once or twice here. Just amusing ourselves at the daily comic strip, we are. Where's Darshen's birfday pic anyway?

I expect that Rand Weeks is in this for the percieved "payoff", when the triumphant grifter-drifter returns to his adoring fans, and hopefully cons more "marks" out of their hard earned (or not) dollars...

And yes; why no mention of Darshen or Soanya from the "love boat"?

gee, no mail today. cliff are you feeling alright? have red beer and things will look much better.

wag, good to see you found your high horse.

Help me out here guys……………………….Is this idiot still out there floating around in his barnacle covered barge? The fact that he hasn’t died been run over by a freighter or sunk seems unlikely to me. Is he still making heart shapes with his track or even heading anywhere or is he just floating with the currents like a unwanted turd?? How much longer until this stupidity is over.

I know I could most likely find the answers to my questions if I search this tread but I don’t have 3 week and the cliff notes will do fine. Thanks!!

Day 13,000

Somewhere off the Madagascar Coast

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lord Am I You?

I sat crosslegged on my beautiful yoga platform this morning, and as I said my daily prayers to solve all the problems of mankind, it crossed my mind as it crossed my legs with the most wondrous thought yet that I got up and yelled to the Sea of my Love and said: Dear God Above, Am I You?

Thoughts of light and love ran through my head and my rigging as I looked up and said to myself and the nearby triggerfish eating my bottom clean, " I must go up the mast and look as far as I can, perhaps I can see Eternity from here."

Carefully, because I am alone at sea now for these many, many long years, I wrapped my beard around my neck twice, and started to climb up towards the very tippy top of my Danish gifts from the King himself- my wonderful masts that have served me so well all these years. I climbed slowly because my arms ached with the effort of constant sewing my tattered sails, and stroking my sprouts for hours each day as they come up like beautiful green buddies in my galley of Love on the Eternal Love Ship.

I started singing to the wind which was whistling a minor gale as I rose high above the stars and asked God above, am I You, Am I Love?

At that moment the skies darkened. It was a sign. It was blowing 45 knots now, and the Schooner was going almost a knot and a half. The mast reached towards the dark water as I climbed down slowly, knowing once again that even though I would continue to try to heal the entire world with my wonder Grace and Love, I was not He.

Cause if I was I sure as Hell wouldn't have made that damn wind go to 45 knots while climbing the mast just to see what I could sea.

Love to the Whole World.

Reid

13,000 Straight Days at Sea.

Day 13,000

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lord Am I You?

I sat crosslegged on my beautiful yoga platform this morning, and as I said my daily prayers to solve all the problems of mankind, it crossed my mind as it crossed my legs with the most wondrous thought yet that I got up and yelled to the Sea of my Love and said: Dear God Above, Am I You?

Thoughts of light and love ran through my head and my rigging as I looked up and said to myself and the nearby triggerfish eating my bottom clean, " I must go up the mast and look as far as I can, perhaps I can see Eternity from here."

Carefully, because I am alone at sea now for these many, many long years, I wrapped my beard around my neck twice, and started to climb up towards the very tippy top of my Danish gifts from the King himself- my wonderful masts that have served me so well all these years. I climbed slowly because my arms ached with the effort of constant sewing my tattered sails, and stroking my sprouts for hours each day as they come up like beautiful green buddies in my galley of Love on the Eternal Love Ship.

I started singing to the wind which was whistling a minor gale as I rose high above the stars and asked God above, am I You, Am I Love?

At that moment the skies darkened. It was a sign. It was blowing 45 knots now, and the Schooner was going almost a knot and a half. The mast reached towards the dark water as I climbed down slowly, knowing once again that even though I would continue to try to heal the entire world with my wonder Grace and Love, I was not He.

Cause if I was I sure as Hell wouldn't have made that damn wind go to 45 knots while climbing the mast just to see what I could sea.

Love to the Whole World.

Reid

wow, good luck saving cliffie rw, it's obvious you've alreidy swung to the dark side. welcome aboard!post-1557-1247883887_thumb.jpg

Day 13,000

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lord Am I You?

Love to the Whole World.

Reid

Hey RW! You can play too! I took the liberty of entering you in our little game ~ 300 words on the nose!

Day 13,000

Somewhere off the I-Beam with a Scotch Chaser

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lieutenant, Am I You?

I sat cross-legged on my paraffin wheel, and said my daily prayers to solve all the problems of jackknife clowns. It crossed my mind as it crossed my legs with this thought! I yelled to the Sea: Dear God, Is Wofsey Azure or Red?

Thoughts of love and Ali ran through my head! I said, "I must go up the mast; perhaps I can see Hasbro from here!"

I wrapped my beard around my neck, and climbed towards the top of my Danish gifts from the King - my wonderful masts. My arms ached from constantly sewing my tattered sails with the strings of tampons Soy didn't need after all, stroking my derrick for hours each day, and playing with my Iridium Dice and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots in The Stadium of Love. The Azure Guy is Lieutenant Kickplate. Soy's Red Anarchy Guy just stands there now. I become one with Kickplate and knock his block off. But is that my friend Wofsey now?

I started singing as I rose high above the stars and asked God above, "Can I stay the Azure champ?

The skies darkened. I was blowing azure fondant flatulence 45 knots now, and the Schooner was going almost a knot. It was a sign. The mast reached towards the dark water to let me down, and I knew that I would strive to be the Champion of the Azure Love World with my wonder, grace, and gazelle-like left jab.

Love from the Eternal Love Ship.

L.K.

Unlike you J planeto, I do not adhere nor subscribe to assinine rules by my droolingmutt leader, and really think my original entry quite good and funny. The reworked bullshit to adhere to arbitrary power trippin drunken dumb ass additional regulations by the not to the manor born mutt of a fake anarchist regatta loser IMHO seems much more stupid an effort, devoided of humor and any semblance of intelligent life. Please refer to the above when following your cult leader in future orders and endeavors.

Yours in Reid,

Rwag

You MC people are a drag. No wonder Weed even questioned if there was a place for HUMOR in the "mission". Y'all take yourselves wayyyyy too seriously.... and since Day 1 it has contributed to the bigass snoozer this voyage (and Soybean's book outline) really are......... Lighten up, Francis ~ there's nothing IMPORTANT happening either here or out on the water with your hero.

Lighten up, Francis ~ there's nothing IMPORTANT happening either here or out on the water with your hero.

All the more reason to tune into the 101st Walk To Mackinac. Guys (and left handed tom-tom drumming gals, JP) wanting to see a really nice pair or hear Burnsy's excellent in-depth analysis of Twilight may want to check out Clean's On-The-Sand coverage while Weed gathers his thoughts and drifts another mile.

Great turnout, as projected whenever IKEA announces a new store opening (in Traverse City, this year). Foot, RV, and Quad-Runner traffic is already backed up around Ludington...and the bulk of racers haven't even started towing handmade boats from Chicago yet.

Here's what we have so far. Thanks to iBoat for STEPPING UP and adapting their technology to land based boating events. Spares me the need to personally run across all that sand, boat to boat, checking on winds, sandstorms, current standings, etc...

3732604592_48dde816bd_o.jpg

Lighten up, Francis ~ there's nothing IMPORTANT happening either here or out on the water with your hero.

All the more reason to tune into the 101st Walk To Mackinac. Guys (and left handed tom-tom drumming gals, JP) wanting to see a really nice pair or hear Burnsy's excellent in-depth analysis of Twilight may want to check out Clean's On-The-Sand coverage while Weed gathers his thoughts and drifts another mile.

Great turnout, as projected whenever IKEA announces a new store opening (in Traverse City, this year). Foot, RV, and Quad-Runner traffic is already backed up around Ludington...and the bulk of racers haven't even started towing handmade boats from Chicago yet.

Here's what we have so far. Thanks to iBoat for STEPPING UP and adapting their technology to land based boating events. Spares me the need to personally run across all that sand, boat to boat, checking on winds, sandstorms, current standings, etc...

And right you are about the threat of treacherous Former Lake Michigan sandstorms developing, CScow. Reports are already coming in of vessels arriving at a mid-lake Oasis of Safe Refuge.

3732028127_7c40b15cac.jpg

3732805430_ee70b478fe_o.jpg

Shoot! Looks like a member of the home team is thinking of stopping in Muskegon, Whitehall, or Pentwater for a green-flag pit stop.

WWWD? * Any thoughts, Sparky? JP? RegattaWag????

If they're gonna stop at all, I'm thinking a 4-tire change, 2 extra pounds in the front right tire, topping off with sweet black cherries, a slice of Stuckey's pecan pie per crew member, and maybe an extra 12-pack of Bells Pale Ale for the road....

* What Would Weed Do

3732805430_ee70b478fe_o.jpg

Shoot! Looks like a member of the home team is thinking of stopping in Muskegon, Whitehall, or Pentwater for a green-flag pit stop.

WWWD? * Any thoughts, Sparky? JP? RegattaWag????

If they're gonna stop at all, I'm thinking a 4-tire change, 2 extra pounds in the front right tire, topping off with sweet black cherries, a slice of Stuckey's pecan pie per crew member, and maybe an extra 12-pack of Bells Pale Ale for the road....

* What Would Weed Do

Looks to me like they are trying to get a better look at the famed Water Dunes on the Shore of Lake Michigan

Looks to me like they are trying to get a better look at the famed Water Dunes on the Shore of Lake Michigan
Funny you should mention it, China. Went on the Mac Woods Water Rides (Silver Lake) just last week.

Kinda touristy....but whattayagonna do? That long, hot drive across the Bi-State Tollway (Lincoln Park to Holland)

was a real pisser. Had to cool off...even at $17 per person.

3732906942_02e5966e83_o.jpg

Funny you should mention it, China. Went on the Mac Woods Water Rides (Silver Lake) just last week.

Kinda touristy....but whattayagonna do? That long, hot drive across the Bi-State Tollway (Lincoln Park to Holland)

was a real pisser. Had to cool off...even at $17 per person.

3732906942_02e5966e83_o.jpg

Ahh the memories of running and tumbling down those big hills of H2O. When I was a boy we used to go to the Eastern shore of the Lake Huron Sand Flats and camp among the water dunes in the Pinery.

Good times.

Check it out, MC -- There's s free spot for your boy to come home to, and it's not too far from Soy's family's home (as the seagull flies).

Cheap slip: Sail boat docked in polluted Brooklyn waterway

BY Ben Chapman and Rich Schapiro

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Friday, July 17th 2009, 12:11 PM

Egan-Chin/News

Max Mullhern on board his sailboat showing off his sextant which he uses to navigate as he has no GPS on board.

It's one of the most polluted waterways in New York - a fetid stew of oil, sewage and sludge.

But Newtown Creek is paradise for Max Mulhern.

The 47-year-old London-based sculptor is spending part of his U.S. vacation docked at the notorious waterway separating Brooklyn and Queens as part of a quirky family boat trip.

"I like to stay off the beaten path," Mulhern said on Thursday aboard his 40-foot sailboat. "It leads to much more interesting encounters."

Keeping his boat tethered to a crumbling cement wall in an industrial section of Long Island City has another key perk: he's staying in the city rent-free.

Mulhern, an accomplished skipper on an artist's budget, seeks out the desolate and sometimes very dirty nooks as he travels along the East Coast en route to Maine.

On this, his second such boating trip in as many years, Mulhern has already spent two days docked at another unlikely locale, Coney Island Creek.

Mulhern arrived in the U.S. on July 1 with his 15-year-old son, Owen. After days of prepping, the intrepid Mulhern men left New Jersey's Raritan Bay bound for Brooklyn on Sunday.

Reports of pollution don't faze Mulhern. Neither does the fact that Newtown Creek is best known as the site of one of the nation's worst oil spills.

"You wouldn't want to raise small children nearby, but it's certainly not too dangerous to go down, have an ice cream and watch the water go by," Mulhern said.

"I wouldn't use that water for anything other than to have my boat float. But there are signs of life, so that's a positive thing."

Mulhern, a Maryland native who started helping his father fix old boats at the age of 5, bought his vessel last year.

It's equipped with a solar shower, kitchen, stove and seven berths. The boat is more remarkable for what it lacks: electronic navigation devices.

Mulhern navigates the waterways using only a compass, sextant and his intuition.

He also uses his sloop as a launching pad for his art. Mulhern creates floatable sculptures out of wood, iron and copper, which he releases into the water. "I feel like they're gifts to the sea," Mulhern said.

Within weeks, Mulhern will be joined by his wife, Myriem, and 13-year-old daughter, Octavia. They'll head out July 18 for the next leg of their journey.

When he's not on the open water, Mulhern hangs out on his boat, sketching art and greeting inquisitive passersby.

"It's just a nice place to be," Mulhern said.

rschapiro@nydailynews.com

More proof that artisits can be a bit quirky!

Day 13,000

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lord Am I You?

Love to the Whole World.

Reid

Sorry RW. Been away for a bit and reread your Reidlike post. Brilliant!

Keep up the good work. Welcome to the dark side.

Seriously --- Funny shit, that. :lol::lol:

Regards,

RD

817-001.jpg

Day 817 - July 18, 2009

Wind WNW, 15 knots, Course SW, Speed 4 knots, Position 10*07n by 19*11w

Full Sail, Winch, Fish

Yesterday the wind shifted to WNW and I saw it was time to set the main sail and the jib and start heading West. We are still in the variable wind doldrums above the equator, on the back side of the North Atlantic NE trades. This area has been avoided by sailboats because of the light and variable winds, but I have enjoyed it and learned a lot about the sea, the fish and myself.

By the time I got the big mainsail up, the power winch was malfunctioning, so I raised and set the jib by hand. I was a little perturbed by the winch failure and started troubleshooting it slowly. I was not looking forward to the job, remembering how many days it took me to repair it in the Pacific.

We sailed slowly WSW and I read the winch manual over lunch. I found something it might be and went right to the winch, fiddled, clicked the switch and it worked! I yelled Ya Hoo twice a little too loud. I try to stay calm about everything, because you never know what will happen next. To correct the vibrations in myself and the sea, I stood at the hatch and chanted Ommmm, deep and long again and again in thankfulness and to restore the environment to its sacredness.

I have the mainsail set up with less pulleys now. That means it's harder to get up, but it comes down much quicker. That has been working well for me because in a blow the faster it comes down and I get the wind out of it, the better. We still have a big variety of fish swimming with the schooner and watching them through the underwater window has opened my view of the clear depths and made me feel even more like I am in a spaceship.

For the first time ever during the day a big marlin swooped in close to the schooner to have lunch. As he chose the one fish he wanted, he cut powerful tight circles and it appeared to be a small mahi he was after. The two-foot long mahi skipped along the surface not knowing which way to go. In those few seconds, the whole variety of fish from the schooner; two different kinds of tuna, mahi jacks, cobia and triggerfish all dashed into the melee as if they weren't afraid of being eaten.

Then the exciting show disappeared below the surface and the sea returned to normal.

Reid's hidden masturbation message. :ph34r:

Wind WNW, 15 knots, Course SW, Speed 4 knots, Position 10*07n by 19*11w

Full Sail, Winch, Fish

Yesterday the wind shifted to WNW and I saw it was time to set the main sail and the jib and start heading West. We are still in the variable wind doldrums above the equator, on the back side of the North Atlantic NE trades. This area has been avoided by sailboats because of the light and variable winds, but I have enjoyed it and learned a lot about the sea, the fish and myself.

By the time I got the big mainsail up the power winch was malfunctioning, so I raised and set the jib by hand. I was a little perturbed by the winch failure and started troubleshooting it slowly. I was not looking forward to the job, remembering how many days it took me to repair it in the Pacific.

We sailed slowly WSW and I read the winch manual over lunch. I found something it might be and went right to the winch, fiddled, clicked the switch and it worked! I yelled Ya Hoo twice a little too loud. I try to stay calm about everything, because you never know what will happen next. To correct the vibrations in myself and the sea, I stood at the hatch and chanted Ommmm, deep and long again and again in thankfulness and to restore the environment to its sacredness.

I have the mainsail set up with less pulleys now. That means it's harder to get up, but it comes down much quicker That has been working well for me because in a blow. The faster it comes down and I get the wind out of it, the better. We still have a big variety of fish swimming with the schooner and watching them through the underwater window has opened my view of the clear depths and made me feel even more like I am in a spaceship.

For the first time ever during the day a big marlin swooped in close to the schooner to have lunch. As he chose the one fish he wanted, he cut powerful tight circles and it appeared to be a small mahi he was after. The two-foot long mahi skipped along the surface not knowing which way to go. In those few seconds, the whole variety of fish from the schooner; two different kinds of tuna, mahi jacks, cobia and triggerfish all dashed into the melee as if they weren't afraid of being eaten.

Then the exciting show disappeared below the surface and the sea returned to normal.

[365] But the wooers broke into uproar throughout the shadowy halls, and all prayed, each that he might lie by her side. And among them wise Telemachus was

the first to speak: “Wooers of my mother, overweening in your insolence, for the present let us make merry with feasting, [370] but let there be no brawling;

for this is a goodly thing, to listen to a minstrel such as this man is, like to the gods in voice. But in the morning let us go to the assembly and take our seats,

one and all, that I may declare my word to you outright that you depart from these halls. Prepare you other feasts, [375] eating your own substance and

changing from house to house. But if this seems in your eyes to be a better and more profitable thing, that one man's livelihood should be ruined without

atonement, waste ye it. But I will call upon the gods that are forever, if haply Zeus may grant that deeds of requital may be wrought. [380] Without atonement,

then, should ye perish within my halls.” So he spoke, and they all bit their lips and marvelled at Telemachus, for that he spoke boldly. Then Antinous, son of

Eupeithes, answered him:“Telemachus, verily the gods themselves are teaching thee [385] to be a man of vaunting tongue, and to speak with boldness. May

the son of Cronos never make thee king in sea-girt Ithaca, which thing is by birth thy heritage.” Then wise Telemachus answered him: “Antinous, wilt thou be

wroth with me for the word that I shall say? [390] Even this should I be glad to accept from the hand of Zeus. Thinkest thou indeed that this is the worst fate

among men? Nay, it is no bad thing to be a king. Straightway one's house grows rich and oneself is held in greater honor. However, there are other kings of the

Achaeans [395] full many in seagirt Ithaca, both young and old. One of these haply may have this place, since goodly Odysseus is dead. But I will be lord of our

own house and of the slaves that goodly Odysseus won for me.” Then Eurymachus, son of Polybus, answered him: [400] “Telemachus, this matter verily lies on

the knees of the gods, who of the Achaeans shall be king in sea-girt Ithaca; but as for thy possessions, thou mayest keep them thyself, and be lord in thine own

house. Never may that man come who by violence and against thy will shall wrest thy possessions from thee, while men yet live in Ithaca. [405] But I am fain,

good sir, to ask thee of the stranger, whence this man comes. Of what land does he declare himself to be? Where are his kinsmen and his native fields? Does

he bring some tidings of thy father's coming, or came he hither in furtherance of some matter of his own? [410] How he started up, and was straightway gone!

Nor did he wait to be known; and yet he seemed no base man to look upon.” Then wise Telemachus answered him: “Eurymachus, surely my father's home-

coming is lost and gone. No longer do I put trust in tidings, whencesoever they may come, [415] nor reck I of any prophecy which my mother haply may learn

of a seer, when she has called him to the hall. But this stranger is a friend of my father's house from Taphos. He declares that he is Mentes, son of wise

Anchialus, and he is lord over the oar-loving Taphians.” [420] So spoke Telemachus, but in his heart he knew the immortal goddess.

[365] But the wooers broke into uproar throughout the shadowy halls, and all prayed, each that he might lie by her side. And among them wise Telemachus was

the first to speak: "Wooers of my mother, overweening in your insolence, for the present let us make merry with feasting, [370] but let there be no brawling;

for this is a goodly thing, to listen to a minstrel such as this man is, like to the gods in voice. But in the morning let us go to the assembly and take our seats,

one and all, that I may declare my word to you outright that you depart from these halls. Prepare you other feasts, [375] eating your own substance and

changing from house to house. But if this seems in your eyes to be a better and more profitable thing, that one man's livelihood should be ruined without

atonement, waste ye it. But I will call upon the gods that are forever, if haply Zeus may grant that deeds of requital may be wrought. [380] Without atonement,

then, should ye perish within my halls." So he spoke, and they all bit their lips and marvelled at Telemachus, for that he spoke boldly. Then Antinous, son of

Eupeithes, answered him:"Telemachus, verily the gods themselves are teaching thee [385] to be a man of vaunting tongue, and to speak with boldness. May

the son of Cronos never make thee king in sea-girt Ithaca, which thing is by birth thy heritage." Then wise Telemachus answered him: "Antinous, wilt thou be

wroth with me for the word that I shall say? [390] Even this should I be glad to accept from the hand of Zeus. Thinkest thou indeed that this is the worst fate

among men? Nay, it is no bad thing to be a king. Straightway one's house grows rich and oneself is held in greater honor. However, there are other kings of the

Achaeans [395] full many in seagirt Ithaca, both young and old. One of these haply may have this place, since goodly Odysseus is dead. But I will be lord of our

own house and of the slaves that goodly Odysseus won for me." Then Eurymachus, son of Polybus, answered him: [400] "Telemachus, this matter verily lies on

the knees of the gods, who of the Achaeans shall be king in sea-girt Ithaca; but as for thy possessions, thou mayest keep them thyself, and be lord in thine own

house. Never may that man come who by violence and against thy will shall wrest thy possessions from thee, while men yet live in Ithaca. [405] But I am fain,

good sir, to ask thee of the stranger, whence this man comes. Of what land does he declare himself to be? Where are his kinsmen and his native fields? Does

he bring some tidings of thy father's coming, or came he hither in furtherance of some matter of his own? [410] How he started up, and was straightway gone!

Nor did he wait to be known; and yet he seemed no base man to look upon." Then wise Telemachus answered him: "Eurymachus, surely my father's home-

coming is lost and gone. No longer do I put trust in tidings, whencesoever they may come, [415] nor reck I of any prophecy which my mother haply may learn

of a seer, when she has called him to the hall. But this stranger is a friend of my father's house from Taphos. He declares that he is Mentes, son of wise

Anchialus, and he is lord over the oar-loving Taphians." [420] So spoke Telemachus, but in his heart he knew the immortal goddess.

, you

I sailed Cayuga's waters and nicked shin in Ithaca. The big horse thing wasn't quite as prominent as the North 40 or Simian's pub (or The Dugout). Let's hunt pheasant out at Nelson Road. Hung over, rifles, surround and shoot.

Birds fly, mates die......drop them off the bridge above the fall river.....accident.

So spoke Billy.....So sayeth the lord.

EDIT - Amen.

Day 13,000

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lord Am I You?

Love to the Whole World.

Reid

Hey RW! You can play too! I took the liberty of entering you in our little game ~ 300 words on the nose!

Day 13,000

Somewhere off the I-Beam with a Scotch Chaser

Wind 12-45 knts

Speed 1 knot

Dear Lieutenant, Am I You?

I sat cross-legged on my paraffin wheel, and said my daily prayers to solve all the problems of jackknife clowns. It crossed my mind as it crossed my legs with this thought! I yelled to the Sea: Dear God, Is Wofsey Azure or Red?

Thoughts of love and Ali ran through my head! I said, "I must go up the mast; perhaps I can see Hasbro from here!"

I wrapped my beard around my neck, and climbed towards the top of my Danish gifts from the King - my wonderful masts. My arms ached from constantly sewing my tattered sails with the strings of tampons Soy didn't need after all, stroking my derrick for hours each day, and playing with my Iridium Dice and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots in The Stadium of Love. The Azure Guy is Lieutenant Kickplate. Soy's Red Anarchy Guy just stands there now. I become one with Kickplate and knock his block off. But is that my friend Wofsey now?

I started singing as I rose high above the stars and asked God above, "Can I stay the Azure champ?

The skies darkened. I was blowing azure fondant flatulence 45 knots now, and the Schooner was going almost a knot. It was a sign. The mast reached towards the dark water to let me down, and I knew that I would strive to be the Champion of the Azure Love World with my wonder, grace, and gazelle-like left jab.

Love from the Eternal Love Ship.

L.K.

That was beautifully done...

My hat's off to you, JP.

And to RW as well.

What a team! B):D:P

Now the wooers turned to the dance and to gladsome song, and made them merry, and waited till evening should come; and as they made merry dark evening

came upon them. Then they went, each man to his house, to take their rest. [425] But Telemachus, where his chamber was built in the beautiful court, high, in

a place of wide outlook, thither went to his bed, pondering many things in mind; and with him, bearing blazing torches, went true-hearted Eurycleia, daughter of

Ops, son of Peisenor. [430] Her long ago Laertes had bought with his wealth, when she was in her first youth, and gave for her the price of twenty oxen; and he

honored her even as he honored his faithful wife in his halls, but he never lay with her in love, for he shunned the wrath of his wife. She it was who bore for

Telemachus the blazing torches; [435] for she of all the handmaids loved him most, and had nursed him when he was a child. He opened the doors of the well-

built chamber, sat down on the bed, and took off his soft tunic and laid it in the wise old woman's hands. And she folded and smoothed the tunic [440] and hung

it on a peg beside the corded1 bedstead, and then went forth from the chamber, drawing the door to by its silver handle, and driving the bolt home with the

thong. So there, the night through, wrapped in a fleece of wool, he pondered in his mind upon the journey which Athena had shewn him.

:o Thus ends book 1. Will Telemachus find his daddy? Will Penelope give in to one of the suitors? Is Odysseus still alive and will he return? Stay tuned for further adventures.

Keeping his boat tethered to a crumbling cement wall in an industrial section of Long Island City has another key perk: he's staying in the city rent-free.

I used to live on the banks of the beautiful Newtown Creek at the end of Manhattan Avenue.

The police will eventually chase him out of there. Even though it's fairly wide, they like to keep it clear for the garbage barges. And there are a lot of gas lines and electric lines on the bottom, they get skittish about anything they think might drop an anchor. And since 9/11, there are no more "rent-free" anchorages or dockings in NYC with a view of Manhattan.

Decent spot to launch a kayak though, if you don't mind the smell of garbage and fuel oil. Some of the locals used to set crab traps and pull a few out. Yech.

Hey Mike AKA Cliffey,

Uh. me and the MIT boys over a few beers at Miracle of Science bar http://www.miracleofscience.us/ discussed your desal thingy. We determined that if the blown extrusion was such that water magnified the suns rays and if there were say three layers of liquids desaling below, i.e. seawater, that we could improve on your design by 63 percent. This design will use sensors and extremely accurate pumps to make it all work, but we are confident that it can all be powered by one small solar panel. It will cost more, but will make more wawa and the by product - salt. Mortons - are you listening?

We also figured out that two Mac 26's, attached at the hip, could in fact almost fly with the right kind of parasail. Imagine flying across the pond on your Mac 26 Cat! When the wind dies down you drop and float, when it picks up you fly at apparent. Still working on how to factor in the weight of two 75 HP engines on the stern, could we swap out for say two 6 horse? Waterskiing is for idiots anyway. Why jump off of a perfectly good boat?

Uh. me and the MIT boys over a few beers at Miracle of Science bar http://www.miracleofscience.us/ discussed your desal thingy. We determined that if the blown extrusion was such that water magnified the suns rays and if there were say three layers of liquids desaling below, i.e. seawater, that we could improve on your design by 63 percent. This design will use sensors and extremely accurate pumps to make it all work, but we are confident that it can all be powered by one small solar panel. It will cost more, but will make more wawa and the by product - salt. Mortons - are you listening?

I think it would lower the efficiency, (unless you found a way to suspend the Second Law of Thermodynamics), since the lenses can only subtract from the overall energy density, rather than add to it, due to their absorption coefficients. The energy flux from the sun is about 1kW per square meter. Your suggestion is essentially a stacked-basin still, and it's possible to do it without sensors and pumps, but the problem you're backing into again is that your collecting condensing surface and transmission surface are the same, and the direct still is least-efficient (and simplest) method of solar desalination. But the reason why we use it is because it can be exploited most cheaply. As soon as you add complexity, you're better off going with some multi-effect distillation scheme, where you can recapture the heat of vaporization. That's where the real energy is.

However, your idea is beautifully imaginative, and it shows some real promise. You should think up more stuff like this.

Waterskiing is for idiots anyway. Why jump off of a perfectly good boat?

Why? Chixdig waterskiing ... nobody knows why, although many sailors have tried to uncover the secret.

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?img...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

A water ski IS a perfectly good little boat, and one of the most fun to play with that has ever been made.

I rode mine for all of about 4 minutes yesterday, first time in a couple of years. My arms and shoulders are destroyed today. It's a WAY better workout than sailing.

Oh, btw, I was being towed by an Evil Jet Ski! :P

Mike,

Oops, I forgot to mention the thermal assist plates powered by the solar panel which would generate heat for teh lower levels and would thereby raise the overall units operating temperature such that higher distillation rates were possible. Hey these guys make whiskey from floating pond weeds - have your peeps call mine...

My peeps think that the CheeseScow is almost historic in terms of ridiculousness. What do the Alabama-ites think?

Mike,

Oops, I forgot to mention the thermal assist plates powered by the solar panel which would generate heat for teh lower levels and would thereby raise the overall units operating temperature such that higher distillation rates were possible. Hey these guys make whiskey from floating pond weeds - have your peeps call mine...

Your total available energy is a function of heat collection area, not in coupling area. So your thermal assist plates (whatever they are made from) can't raise the temperature any higher than the collection source allows, again Second Law of Thermodynamics. Solar desalination rarely uses photovoltaics anyway, they aren't as efficient as heat collection. If you're going to use photovoltaics, the most efficient system would be some form of molecular screen, either reverse or forward osmosis or electrodialysis if the source requires that.

Mike,

Your total available energy is a function of heat collection area, not in coupling area. So your thermal assist plates (whatever they are made from) can't raise the temperature any higher than the collection source allows, again Second Law of Thermodynamics. Solar desalination rarely uses photovoltaics anyway, they aren't as efficient as heat collection. If you're going to use photovoltaics, the most efficient system would be some form of molecular screen, either reverse or forward osmosis or electrodialysis if the source requires that.

Alabama 1! MIT 0! What do you guy's do for fun?

post-34100-1248119568_thumb.jpg

post-34100-1248119642_thumb.jpg

Alabama 1! MIT 0!

Nah, the blokes at MIT are way smarter than I am, it's just that I'm in a bizarre little backwater of physics, and then I'm in a little-used estuary of that backwater. There are only a tiny handful of experts in my area, maybe more when we run out of water.

What do you guy's do for fun?

l_b8e48cecf05849f5b0f9a9061f72447e.jpg

819.jpg

Day 819 - July 20, 2009

Wind SW, 15 knots, Course W, Speed 3.5 knots, Position 9*36 n by 21*00w

Bless Your Lucky Stars

Thank you very much everybody for helping make the Love Voyage happen and thanks everybody who has joined in and is following the voyage. I think of everybody and try to please. I hope I am doing OK. When I think of you I send Love, Love, Love and wish you well and send you blessings.

Thank you so much those of you who continue to make efforts on behalf of the mission in so many ways, giving your time, energy, money and love to help keep the expedition going. I send special gratitude to those getting the message out and trying to share this event with as many people as possible.

Thanks to everyone who indentifies, is concerned and cares and sends uplifting letters sharing your inner feelings. Thank you very much for your prayers that I do feel, that have supported me, given me courage, peace of mind and strength to go on. I wish I could write in detail to everybody to reciprocate the kind blessings that come my way.

All my letters are to you. You have helped make me a better person (I hope), more caring and compassionate for everybody. I am not much of a wordsmith or proper writer. I am surviving such a learning experience; I feel I have so much more to learn. Certainly many of my words and descriptions have been awkward and not expressed as well as I would like.

Thank you for your patience with me when I am like a child in search of my identity in a strange new world where I have to say I can do it over and over again. And when I do succeed with little things, I say, Hooray, I did it! The world is becoming a better place! Please forgive my exuberance. I feel extremely grateful and lucky. Thank goodness. Thank Heaven. Thank God. Bless your lucky stars!

"Thank you for your patience with me when I am like a child in search of my identity in a strange new world where I have to say I can do it over and over again. And when I do succeed with little things, I say, Hooray, I did it!"

Do what? Avoid all adult responsiblities and Davy Jones locker due to luck?

Better to be lucky than good!!!!

Or is the "over and over again" a Freudian slip regarding all the nubile lasses seduced back in Hoboken??

819.jpg

Day 819 - July 20, 2009

Bless Your Lucky Stars

Thank you very much everybody for helping make the Love Voyage happen and thanks everybody who has joined in and is following the voyage. I think of everybody and try to please. I hope I am doing OK. When I think of you I send Love, Love, Love and wish you well and send you blessings.

Thank you so much those of you who continue to make efforts on behalf of the mission in so many ways, giving your time, energy, money and love to help keep the expedition going. I send special gratitude to those getting the message out and trying to share this event with as many people as possible.

Thanks to everyone who indentifies, is concerned and cares and sends uplifting letters sharing your inner feelings. Thank you very much for your prayers that I do feel, that have supported me, given me courage, peace of mind and strength to go on. I wish I could write in detail to everybody to reciprocate the kind blessings that come my way.

All my letters are to you. You have helped make me a better person (I hope), more caring and compassionate for everybody. I am not much of a wordsmith or proper writer. I am surviving such a learning experience; I feel I have so much more to learn. Certainly many of my words and descriptions have been awkward and not expressed as well as I would like.

Thank you for your patience with me when I am like a child in search of my identity in a strange new world where I have to say I can do it over and over again. And when I do succeed with little things, I say, Hooray, I did it! The world is becoming a better place! Please forgive my exuberance. I feel extremely grateful and lucky. Thank goodness. Thank Heaven. Thank God. Bless your lucky stars!

And true to his old form, not one word about his son's first birthday! It's always about me, me, me.................selfish fuck!

And true to his old form, not one word about his son's first birthday! It's always about me, me, me.................selfish fuck!

Wouldn't it be more selfish to constantly drag his relationship with his family into the public space? His weblog is just a publicity device for his business, why do you think he should use that as a platform for demonstrating his off-boat issues? Don't public figures typically separate their personal life from their business life?

819.jpg

Day 819 - July 20, 2009

Bless Your Lucky Stars

Every time one of these gets posted I read it through thinking its going to be an entry into the 1000 days writting contest. Even after I have read the whole thing and have spotted none of the required words, I am still not convinced that it is not.

Wouldn't it be more selfish to constantly drag his relationship with his family into the public space? His weblog is just a publicity device for his business, why do you think he should use that as a platform for demonstrating his off-boat issues? Don't public figures typically separate their personal life from their business life?

True, unless they knock up someone during an "on boat issue". At that point he inter-mingled his business and personal life. Besides donors love babies. If he were smart he would be playing up that angle.

Thanks for acknowledging that he's a public figure and, as such, is fair game for criticism and parody. I do, however, agree you that his relationship with his son is his own business. I for one would likely be much harsher for a perceived exploitation of his son than an absence of his mention. Some public figures do separate public and private lives, as Reid has tried to separate those aspects of his private life on public record that show him in a less than stellar light.

I also agree with ASeawolf that this has been and will always be about feeding Reid's insatiable ego. If he could exploit his son to his advantage, I think he might be persuaded to do so, but his history as a deadbeat dad make that a bit too risky. He and many of his shore team are flakey, but they aren't stupid -- they ultimately located the switch that powers the electric winch.

JP -- Nice work in the essay contest. Tomorrows the deadline!

Love, Love, Love for SELF! It's all about Reid.

This thread has become extremely boring lately...

...with exception of the image directly above this post! "Hello, Sailor!"

I'm just working for the TEAM. Speaking of which. GO TEAM! YOU ALL ROCK! WEID HAS BEEN OUT THERE LONGER THAN WE CAN MONITOR THIS THREAD!

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Whoa! How did Slightly Salthy possess my keyboard? Forgive me Regatta Dog for I have sinned.

Here's my penance....

post-34100-1248222659_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... You've made yourself a pubic figure here Cliffy and you got all upset that I mistook the pic of the blonde with Alabamameintheass ('cuz you don't wanna look at the front side) sagging tits for your wife. Fair game. But I do apologize, it was an honest mistake really...

The fact that his public profile does not show concern for his partner, nor his son, nor the other people he left behind speaks loudly!

EDIT - As stated earlier - every Reidasious entry must provide a non photo shopped picture. It can not come from the 1000 days site or photochopped crap from here. Extra points if you can find a photo that has nothing at all to do with the text of your entry. Tits and ass shots, not withstanding.

Dammit RD! NOW I read this fn rule! I can live with the "no photochopped crap", but why no ACTUAL 1000 Days photos?! This one was perfect for my essay!

3744745350_6f4de5e7a2_o.jpg

Dammit RD! NOW I read this fn rule! I can live with the "no photochopped crap", but why no ACTUAL 1000 Days photos?! This one was perfect for my essay!

3744745350_6f4de5e7a2_o.jpg

Lemme talk to the judges, but I think they'd give more points to a cheese platter where there was a pineapple in the center of the mix of American and whiz, and a small dog was humping the cored pineapple whilst eating cheese.

Heck - I found this in the back of a 1972 Rolling Stone magazine promo for the local dinner theater rendition of Donald Crowhurst's - "The Pirates of Barbuda".

3744225379_9c1c4512b7_o.jpg

Love your work, JP, but maybe it's time to be a bit more grounded. I suggest you spend more time with Mr. Google and less with your photo editing thing.

This thread has become extremely boring lately...

Just to bring you up to date on our story: So far: Telemachus, Odysseus's son, is only a month old when Odysseus sets out for Troy to fight a war he wants no

part of.[5] At the point where the Odyssey begins, ten years after the end of the ten-year Trojan War, Telemachus is twenty and is sharing his absent father’s

house on the island of Ithaca with his mother Penelope and a crowd of 108 boisterous young men, "the Suitors", whose aim is to persuade Penelope that her

husband is dead and that she should marry one of them.

Odysseus’s protector, the goddess Athena, discusses his fate with Zeus, king of the gods, at a moment when Odysseus's enemy, the god of the sea Poseidon, is

absent from Mount Olympus. Then, disguised as a Taphian chieftain named Mentes, she visits Telemachus to urge him to search for news of his father. He offers

her hospitality; they observe the Suitors dining rowdily, and the bard Phemius performing a narrative poem for them. Penelope objects to Phemius's theme,

the "Return from Troy"[6] because it reminds her of her missing husband, but Telemachus rebuts her objections.

That night, Athena disguised as Telemachus finds a ship and crew for the true Telemachus

As we begin book 2:

The next morning, Telemachus calls an assembly of citizens of Ithaca to discuss what should be done to the suitors. Accompanied by Athena (now disguised as

his friend Mentor), he departs for the Greek mainland and the household of Nestor, most venerable of the Greek warriors at Troy, now at home in Pylos. From

there, Telemachus rides overland, accompanied by Nestor's son, to Sparta, where he finds Menelaus and Helen, now reconciled. He is told that they returned to

Greece after a long voyage by way of Egypt; there, on the magical island of Pharos, Menelaus encountered the old sea-god Proteus, who told him that

Odysseus was a captive of the nymph Calypso. Incidentally, Telemachus learns the fate of Menelaus’ brother Agamemnon, king of Mycenae and leader of the

Greeks at Troy, murdered on his return home by his wife Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus.

:rolleyes:

:unsure: Book 2

Soon as early Dawn appeared, the rosy-fingered, up from his bed arose the dear son of Odysseus and put on his clothing. About his shoulder he slung his sharp

sword, and beneath his shining feet bound his fair sandals, [5] and went forth from his chamber like a god to look upon. Straightway he bade the clear-voiced

heralds to summon to the assembly the long-haired Achaeans. And the heralds made the summons, and the Achaeans assembled full quickly. Now when they

were assembled and met together, [10] Telemachus went his way to the place of assembly, holding in his hand a spear of bronze--not alone, for along with him

two swift hounds followed; and wondrous was the grace that Athena shed upon him, and all the people marvelled at him as he came. But he sat down in his

father's seat, and the elders gave place. [15] Then among them the lord Aegyptius was the first to speak, a man bowed with age and wise with wisdom untold.

Now he spoke, because his dear son had gone in the hollow ships to Ilius, famed for its horses, in the company of godlike Odysseus, even the warrior Antiphus.

But him the savage Cyclops had slain [20] in his hollow cave, and made of him his latest meal. Three others there were; one, Eurynomus, consorted with the

wooers, and two ever kept their father's farm. Yet, even so, he could not forget that other, mourning and sorrowing; and weeping for him he addressed the

assembly, and spoke among them: [25] “Hearken now to me, men of Ithaca, to the word that I shall say. Never have we held assembly or session since the

day when goodly Odysseus departed in the hollow ships. And now who has called us together? On whom has such need come either of the young men or of

those who are older? [30] Has he heard some tidings of the army's return,1 which he might tell us plainly, seeing that he has first learned of it himself? Or is

there some other public matter on which he is to speak and address us? A good man he seems in my eyes, a blessed man. May Zeus fulfil unto him himself

some good, even whatsoever he desires in his heart.” [35] So he spoke, and the dear son of Odysseus rejoiced at the word of omen; nor did he thereafter

remain seated, but was fain to speak. So he took his stand in the midst of the assembly, and the staff was placed in his hands by the herald Peisenor, wise in

counsel.

Mike W. tries to determine in vain, when & where he lost his ball bearings.

There. Fixed it for you.

"Mike W. tries to determine in vain, when & where he lost his bearing."

Not his balls. Not his bearings. Not his ball bearings.

Why do you misanthropic SA'ers feel such a need to make things worse, always fixing that which is not broken?

Mike W. tries to determine in vain, when & where he lost his ball bearings.

There. Fixed it for you.

"Mike W. tries to determine in vain, when & where he lost his bearing."

Not his balls. Not his bearings. Not his ball bearings.

Why do you misanthropic SA'ers feel such a need to make things worse, always fixing that which is not broken?

Touchy much?

Great photo, btw.

Hmmm... You've made yourself a pubic figure here Cliffy and you got all upset that I mistook the pic of the blonde with Alabamameintheass ('cuz you don't wanna look at the front side) sagging tits for your wife. Fair game. But I do apologize, it was an honest mistake really...

Interesting. Do all people with I.Q.s of 144 convince themselves that people of average intellect like me are dense as used bowling balls? You actually expect me to believe that you thought I provided photos of my wife for the purpose of the SA joke-making and then claim to have made an "honest mistake"?

And clearly your finely-tuned 144 mind would obviously know that I am not a public figure. I don't hide my identity on this forum due to my desire to remain compliant with U.S. Code 47 Section 223, which reads ...

---

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

---

So please understand, that my desire to obey the law (and the fact that I seem to have a pair of organs which you seem to lack) does not make me a public figure any more than you are a public figure for violating Section 223.

Next, as for your "Alabamameintheass" comment ... women down here are very attractive, as is my wife in particular. I think it's best that you accept this detente, lest one of your comrades call for a challenge of seeing a photo of your wife and comparing her to mine.

And clearly your finely-tuned 144 mind would obviously know that I am not a public figure. I don't hide my identity on this forum due to my desire to remain compliant with U.S. Code 47 Section 223, which reads ...

---

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

---

aww jeez cliff, you can't be serious. if you have plans for dragging the sa brain trust into court for TRYING to annoy you anonomously, shoot me a pm for contact info. i'd love to follow the farce first hand.

BACK ON TOPIC, PLEASE!!!

821-001.jpg

Day 821 - July 22, 2009

Wind, Becalmed, Drifting E,0.8, Position 9*12n by 21*35w

Becalmed Soul

Yesterday the wind died down, the sky cleared up and the sun set on the horizon for the first time in months. When darkness fell, I also saw the North Star for the first time since we returned to the Atlantic. It is low on the horizon for me, but high in the sky for most of you in the Northern hemisphere.

The stars slow danced on the sea and their floating reflections pointed to the schooner from every direction. There was no horizon and the stars of the sky blended into the stars of the sea shimmering ecstatically.

I pondered a letter I received that afternoon that asked me, "Why are you going so slow? Why don't you sail around the world? What's the problem?" I have been explaining for years in many ways. A voyage of the heart unfolds at its own pace, beyond control - it can't be rushed or forced. I hope he is surprised when he reads what happened to us the night before. I am working on an illustration for it now.

I love where we are: It took me a sail around the world to find this place; or, actually it took me a lifetime of sailing. I love to be here to contemplate and share, in spite of man's deepest reasoning that to be on a sailboat becalmed at sea for any period of time is a fearful experience to be avoided. I could stay here much longer and always be renewed except that the common consciousness of man in words and feelings that float through all our minds keeps telling me I must go. So soon, I guess I'll have to give in and go.

By being out here I overcome deep commands to conform and stay safe. Those who understand experience it too, and they pass it on. It will be easier now for any person to set out into the unknown on any level.

This story is full of mystery and wonder. The only hard fact is the satellite verified track. Please allow the story to unfold in its own way and you will discover parts of your deep se