• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Holy fuckin' crap - I don't think I've snorted spaghetti and milk outa my nose about a post like this since the beginning days when we first learned Wierdo was cleaning boat bottoms with a snow shovel.

Geeshhh......

<going back to cleaning the spaghetti and milk frum'unda 'da de breakfast bar before da dogs gettit>

we need WARNINGS about this next time folks....kinda like the whole friday warning...

BTW Mike - we're waiting on your Reid Essay with the 10 words/phrases. The two entries so far will be tough to beat, but as a runner up I might have some Opti Mom jewelry.

:P

NO! DO NOT ENTER! TIME'S UP ANYWAY!!! I MUST WIN FIRST PLACE FOR THE HAT! RD, where exactly did you find that OM's jewelry on her? :huh: Never mind, just let me win the hat!

It's the Opti-Mom Nipple ring set - in Spencer Gift goldish, painted aluminum.

They're engraved on the back with --

"Opti-Moms - Cougars in Training"

Moving on ---

Becalmed Soul

Yesterday the wind died down, the sky cleared up and the sun set on the horizon for the first time in months. Dear Ms. Teacher lady who's following this in the classroom in Oklahoma. Please reassure your class that the world did not stop it's rotation around the sun whilst Reid took a break to rest, catch water, and get man-sages from Jesus and Buddha. Time marches on, the crops come in, and we're back in school 1st week of September. When darkness fell, I also saw the North Star for the first time since we returned to the Atlantic. It is low on the horizon for me, but high in the sky for most of you in the Northern hemisphere. Dear Ms. Teacher lady in Oklahoma. Please explain to your class that stars, by their general nature, are high in the sky. In fact - they are very, very high in the sky. Talk to Mr. Chumlins who teaches a week of Astronomy in his science class, or that sweet Algerian fellow who you get your morning coffee from at the Mini-mart to confirm.

The stars slow danced on the sea and their floating reflections pointed to the schooner from every direction. Teacher Lady - Please make sure that your students don't submit science projects at the fair where all the foam balls hanging from wire coat hangers have arrows pointing to the Schooner Anne. I know that if it says so on the Internet, it must be true, but the world does not revolve around _____________ (fill in the blank) There was no horizon and the stars of the sky blended into the stars of the sea shimmering ecstatically. Teacher Lady - stars of the sea are echinoderms that hang out on rocks in relatively shallow, usually fairly cold water - Patrick, from Bikini Bottom, being the exception.

I pondered a letter I received that afternoon that asked me, "Why are you going so slow? Why don't you sail around the world? What's the problem?" Teacher - Critical Thinking -- "How did you receive a letter? Was it the Seahorse Express? With the wax seal of Neptune on the envelope?" I have been explaining for years in many ways. A voyage of the heart unfolds at its own pace, beyond control - it can't be rushed or forced. I hope he is surprised when he reads what happened to us the night before. I am working on an illustration for it now. Mr. Hartwick, Math Teacher, forwarded a math problem from some advanced student in a primary school in Oklahoma -

"A 70' sailing yacht with a deadbeat dad and a nubile young neophyte leave Hoboken, NJ and complete one of four planned circumnavigations travelling at an average speed of .36 kts. At about the same time, a flight leaves Chicago bound for a connecting flight in NY carrying a guy and a bycycle. Both are atheletes of renown. One of the two returns to NY as a great athelete. Question - Is the great athelete the one that get's tossed a baby with a dirty diaper when he "lands", or the othe guy who won the Tour De France 7 years in a row, lost a testicle, and banged Cheryl Crow with no official observation of Jesus picking gravel out of his elbows?

I love where we are: It took me a sail around the world to find this place; or, actually it took me a lifetime of sailing. I love to be here to contemplate and share, in spite of man's deepest reasoning that to be on a sailboat becalmed at sea for any period of time is a fearful experience to be avoided. Teacher Lady - being becalmed at sea is not so much a fearful experience as a fucking pain in the ass - Google "Columbus", "doldrums", "sodomy". I could stay here much longer and always be renewed except that the common consciousness of man in words and feelings that float through all our minds keeps telling me I must go. Teacher Lady - This would be the time to explain to the kids, that when leaving the American Museum of Natural History that, all the children must have a hand on the rope as you cross the street from the front doors to Central Park. So soon, I guess I'll have to give in and go.

By being out here I overcome deep commands to conform and stay safe. Those who understand experience it too, and they pass it on. It will be easier now for any person to set out into the unknown on any level. Teacher Lady from Oklahoma - Please develop a 1/2 hour Social Studies unit entitled - "Overcoming Deep Commands to Stay Safe and Passing it on". Might I suggest reversing the picking order for Dodge Ball teams? Lethargic geek-turds as captains surrounding themselves with their brethren? After all - self esteem before competence. Love, love, love.

This story is full of mystery and wonder. The only hard fact is the satellite verified track. Hey Teacher Lady - MIT is looking for smart young applicants. Follow your young students through their SAT's, Junior College and be a reference to tell those fucking idiots in Cambridge that the only hard fact is the satellite track. Please allow the story to unfold in its own way and you will discover parts of your deep self in it. Teacher Lady.....uh....... that's between you and Reid. Normalcy, predictability and facts are easier to follow then letting the story unfold and finding your own involvement, hidden meanings and heart felt experiences. Teacher Lady - the 13 YO with the speedo tan, puka bead necklace, and the Ocean City T-Shirt? The one that looks like a boy? Keep her away from the welcome home ceremony.

This takes soul. This is a soul journey.

Teacher Lady - Please finish up the segment of this week's class with a Motown bash in the cafeteria serving collard greens pizza. I think I might be able to get Aretha to sing "The Void Toe-Jam".

My last minute entry.....

My days on the sea are lonely sometimes, but then I think about the love that this voyage is bringing everyone, it’s like harnessing up the energy of an I-beam to love land with a scotch chaser. Although our love voyage has been without alcohol, we have the sprouts to keep us company, their love and energy has passed through us with an Azure Flatulance that has been a more powerful stadium for loves great gift to give mankind. It passes through us with the great gods calendar like the Aztec calander and gods great Paraffin wheel . NASA will have their Lieutenant Kickplante worring about trivial things such as tampon strings, but we feel with love that the Jacknife clowns that will roll the iridium dice to get back to that I beam that I know we feel with love on the deep Azure flatulence sea. When we are done with the great stadium of love that even a derrick of nay-sayers can’t bring down, we will continue to love our voyage of love, love love…..

Write like Reid and win a fricken hat! Game on!

I think we have a good list of 10. You've got till next Wednesday to post using the words/word pairings below. Deciding the winner will be made by Friday of next week. Comments, pro or ex-con might effluence the judges.

Contest is changed to 300 words or less because Mike couldn't come up with ten nouns. Here's what needs to be used --

1 -"Stadium"

2- "Jackknife Clown" (without reference to a boat name)

3- "Derrick" (without reference to Jeeter)

4- "Lieutenant Kickplate" (without reference to a boat name)

5 - "Paraffin Wheel" (without reference to cheese)

6 - "Fondant" (Google it - I have no fucking idea what that is)

7 - "Tampon string"

8 - "Iridium dice"

9 - "I-Beam with a Scotch Chaser"

10 - "Azure Flatulance"

GO! Tick, tick, tick..........

Got a call from Bucky Dent. He says go for the outside dream -- that SeaMadness or Aseawolf might win this thing.

Tick,tick, tick..

Seriously - nice hat in it for the winner, and maybe a Soanya thong.

823-010.jpg

Day 823- July 24, 2009

Wind S,10 knots, Course NW, Speed 1 knot, Position 9*06n by 21*28w

Phosphorescent Electrical Spectacle

We were beating against light winds from the SW after dinner as I lay naked on a cushion on the cockpit table under the stars. The wind died almost completely and the booms banged in the roll of the waves, so I tightened up on all the preventers. Then I almost went back to sleep.

The wind picked up again and with it fine rain. As our speed increased, I enjoyed the sensation of moving through space and I didn't care which direction we were going. A dark cloud covered us, but there were still lots of stars. I looked to the side and I could see brilliant phosphorescence way out to the side, so I got up to look.

Normally phosphorescence is brilliant green flashes over a black background. This time it was much lighter and there was no blackout for at least fifty feet on each side and it was moving with us. I had to see it closer, so I climbed down on deck and put my head over the rail and peered down. Then I could see thousands of tuna swimming in a very tight pack. I had never seen so much brilliant phosphorescence around the schooner!

As we bound along I made my way up to the bow. There I could decipher a swarm of fish darting and weaving in front of us. About fifteen feet in front of the schooner I could see the leading edge of the school and what seemed to be a hundred or more tuna abreast in an even line, their shapes like green torpedoes leading the way. I stepped up on the very bow holding tightly to the headstay as lightening flashed in the clouds to windward.

I was so intensely transported into another world that I had to reassure myself that everything was OK. Yes, there is nothing ahead of us, the schooner is fine. I leaned forward. Who were the bold fish leading the way into the darkness? What made them take up the lead and charge into the vast unknown? Lightning flashed. Our phosphorescent flying cloud flashed back, equally filled with electricity.

I marveled in wonder, never tiring of watching the dash and weave of the leaders and the pulsating light of the pack. They stay with us even when the wind shifts and the schooner changes course. It doesn't matter to us, any open space under the stars! Here we go!

823-010.jpg

Day 823- July 24, 2009

We were beating against light winds from the SW after dinner as I lay naked on a cushion on the cockpit table under the stars. The wind died almost completely and the booms banged in the roll of the waves, so I tightened up on all the preventers. Then I almost went back to sleep.

The wind picked up again and with it fine rain. As our speed increased, I enjoyed the sensation of moving through space and I didn't care which direction we were going. A dark cloud covered us, but there were still lots of stars. I looked to the side and I could see brilliant phosphorescence way out to the side, so I got up to look.

Normally phosphorescence is brilliant green flashes over a black background. This time it was much lighter and there was no blackout for at least fifty feet on each side and it was moving with us. I had to see it closer, so I climbed down on deck and put my head over the rail and peered down. Then I could see thousands of tuna swimming in a very tight pack. I had never seen so much brilliant phosphorescence around the schooner!

As we bound along I made my way up to the bow. There I could decipher a swarm of fish darting and weaving in front of us. About fifteen feet in front of the schooner I could see the leading edge of the school and what seemed to be a hundred or more tuna abreast in an even line, their shapes like green torpedoes leading the way. I stepped up on the very bow holding tightly to the headstay as lightening flashed in the clouds to windward.

I was so intensely transported into another world that I had to reassure myself that everything was OK. Yes, there is nothing ahead of us, the schooner is fine. I leaned forward. Who were the bold fish leading the way into the darkness? What made them take up the lead and charge into the vast unknown? Lightning flashed. Our phosphorescent flying cloud flashed back, equally filled with electricity.

I marveled in wonder, never tiring of watching the dash and weave of the leaders and the pulsating light of the pack. They stay with us even when the wind shifts and the schooner changes course. It doesn't matter to us, any open space under the stars! Here we go!

HMM, FERMENTED SPROUT MOULD,WITH JUST A DASH OF WACKY TOBACCY, ROLLED IN A FINE TACO SHELL MADE OF PARMIGIANNO MOLD AND DRIED FISH WITHIN A FISH... HEY MAN, LIKE I CAN ACTUALLY SMELL MARS WHEN I SNORT THIS.... AND WAIT, WHAT IS THAT NOISE... IS THAT THE SOUND OF WITHERED BALLS SMACKING THE YOGA PLATFORM ?.................AGAIN......

I'll give you my hat as a consolation prize, CScow, since you obviously couldn't get away to the Scow Resort this weekend

CScow - now that you're best friends with my brother, maybe we should play some golf. Pre-T-time - A stack of pancakes at Stucky's.....just chat. After pancakes, with a side of bacon (cooked on the griddle with a Navajo, adobe brick from the old days of Ponce Deleon smashing it into the griddle so it is flat, fat, crispy, .....bacon......) we toss my brother's remains into the water hazard on the 10th, and hey --- dead brother. The back nine is much more of a challenge without dragging that cretinous bastard around.

Text me. I'll send you a hat, a 7 iron and a shovel.

Let's golf....after we kill my brother.

Then he spoke, addressing first the old man: [40] “Old man, not far off, as thou shalt soon learn thyself, is that man who has called the host together--even I;

for on me above all others has sorrow come. I have neither heard any tidings of the army's return, which I might tell you plainly, seeing that I had first learned

of it myself, nor is there any other public matter on which I am to speak and address you. [45] Nay, it is mine own need, for that evil has fallen upon my house

in two-fold wise. First, I have lost my noble sire who was once king among you here, and was gentle as a father; and now there is come an evil yet greater far,

which will presently altogether destroy my house and ruin all my livelihood. [50] My mother have wooers beset against her will, the sons of those men who are

here the noblest. They shrink from going to the house of her father, Icarius, that he may himself exact the bride-gifts for his daughter, and give her to whom he

will, even to him who meets his favour, [55] but thronging our house day after day they slay our oxen and sheep and fat goats, and keep revel, and drink the

sparkling wine recklessly; and havoc is made of all this wealth. For there is no man here, such as Odysseus was, to ward off ruin from the house. [60] As for

me, I am no-wise such as he to ward it off. Nay verily, even if I try I shall be found a weakling and one knowing naught of valor. Yet truly I would defend

myself, if I had but the power; for now deeds past all enduring have been wrought, and past all that is seemly has my house been destroyed. Take shame upon

yourselves, [65] and have regard to your neighbors who dwell roundabout, and fear the wrath of the gods, lest haply they turn against you in anger at your evil

deeds.1 I pray you by Olympian Zeus, and by Themis who looses and gathers the assemblies of men, [70] forbear, my friends,2 and leave me alone to pine in

bitter grief--unless indeed my father, goodly Odysseus, despitefully wrought the well-greaved Achaeans woe, in requital whereof ye work me woe despitefully

by urging these men on. For me it were better [75] that ye should yourselves eat up my treasures and my flocks. If ye were to devour them, recompense

would haply be made some day; for just so long should we go up and down the city, pressing our suit and asking back our goods, until all was given back. But

now past cure are the woes ye put upon my heart.” [80] Thus he spoke in wrath, and dashed the staff down upon the ground, bursting into tears; and pity fell

upon all the people. Then all the others kept silent, and no man had the heart to answer Telemachus with angry words.

:(

CScow - now that you're best friends with my brother, maybe we should play some golf. Pre-T-time - A stack of pancakes at Stucky's.....

After pancakes.. we toss my brother's remains into the water hazard on the 10th

I'm going to have to hit the driving range first, RD....or maybe after breakfast at Stuckeys.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with East Coast rules....

Do you folks limit caliber, length, propellent, or choice of ammo, per Potato Gun Association (PGA) rules, or is it pretty much anything goes?

3759804750_b2aa89ab9a_o.jpg

3760961298_2dee996710_o.jpg

By all means -- please do.

Nice shot CScow. Way to keep your head down and follow through.

Today's post --

I Am My Tools

Day 825 - July 26, 2009

Wind SW 10 knots, Course NW, Speed, 2 knots, Position 9*52n by 22*07w

After months of sailing, I finally had to lower the trusty foresail for various repairs. We are sailing now with the mainsail, staysail and jib and this allows us to sail to weather. Besides the rain squalls, we have had very light wind. The peak, upper back corner of the foresail tore out all its stitching. There are about six layers of reinforcement.

I didn't have to take the sail all the way off to be able to put the corner down flat on the deck: I put another piece of sailcloth over everything and started sewing it all together. Anytime I sew through more than four layers of sail cloth, I put a piece of plywood down and pound holes through with a hammer and finely sharpened awl.

I have not had a chance yet, but will go over every inch of the sail and make any repairs I have to. Its throat pulley at the mast top broke down, shattered and seized up and chaffed the halyard. I climbed the mast and replaced the double bock, spliced the halyard and sewed on chaffing gear. The leather where the jaws rub the mast wore completely through and my next job will be to replace it with layers of sailcloth to pad and protect the jaws and mast.

There are more details that I will work on while the sail is down. It seems that every day a new job pops up that I have to tend to. I keep my pace up, but I am calm and thorough. With all these jobs, I have managed to do some paintings to illustrate my updates. Whenever I thought of painting, a voice inside said, "You must. You must". I dropped what I was doing and followed the voice to the paints and paper.

It doesn't matter what work it is, work is an important part of my spiritual life. It is my sacred path to holiness. I handle each tool as if it were an opportunity to express my love. I know this is what I have to do to survive and thrive. I too am a tool, an instrument for the divine will that works through me

Reid actually wrote that.

I swear.

I underlined and blued it, but he wrote it.

If he was really a useful "tool" he would have properly maintained the Cheese Scow, and avoided all of this gear failure.

Ergo, he is not really a "tool", just a drifter-grifter, pan handling his way through life. NTTIAWT..

Except that his "Mars Analaglous Mission" was billed as a serious, scientific and educational journey; which it is definitely NOT..

826-014.jpg

Day 826520 Double Sun Halo Family

Monday, 27 July 2009

Day 826520 - July 27, 2009

Wind SW 15 to 25 knots, Course SSE, Speed 3 to 5 knots, Position 10*07 n by 23*04w

Double Sun Halo Family

The camera cannot take a photo of the whole sky, so this picture does not do justice to the double halo rainbows around the sun. Of course I have seen double rainbows, but never a double halo around the sun that was rainbow colored.

What a blessing for my father's 80th birthday and the big family reunion at our NC waterway cottage. Three generations of kids have grown up in the last 55 years during vacations. This is the house that our Grandad and our Dads built and where we built ocean adventuring boats. I heard Uncle Bill (who sailed his own boat Advent around the world) was going to give a Sunday morning service on the dock. Then everyone was going to have pancakes, so I knew just when to call.

My daughter Viva answered the phone and my Granddaughter Lucy, who is almost three told me, "We went to the beach!" I talked to Mom, sister Sarah, Soanya and of course Dad. Dad had to be called in from working on the dock. I take after him. He said, "There is always work to be done." And "All is well."

Soanya and Darshen who just turned one are having a great time with the 35 aunts uncles cousins, brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces. Darshen is the newest member of the family and he is getting his Baptism in the same sand, mud and salt water that I grew up in and know so well. A double sun rainbow halo and a call to the family! I was really excited.

The voyage of a lifetime continues and I have always been with family. Time periods overlap memory, imagination and life transformation. I have always been on the sea, always departing, returning and eager to be received as mate, father, son, grandson, brother, cousin, uncle and nephew. It is as if time never passed.

As if on cue, dolphins arrive and jump crazily high and land backwards. There are tiny little ones that must be babies and older ones with scars that poke along. I still have tears on my face from talking on the phone and they tickle my chin as they dry in the sun.

Antinous alone answered him, and said: [85] “Telemachus, thou braggart, unrestrained in daring, what a thing hast thou said, putting us to shame, and wouldest

fain fasten reproach upon us! Nay, I tell thee, it is not the Achaean wooers who are anywise at fault, but thine own mother, for she is crafty above all women.

For it is now the third year and the fourth will soon pass,1 [90] since she has been deceiving the hearts of the Achaeans in their breasts. To all she offers hopes,

and has promises for each man, sending them messages, but her mind is set on other things. And she devised in her heart this guileful thing also: she set up in

her halls a great web, and fell to weaving-- [95] fine of thread was the web and very wide; and straightway she spoke among us: “‘Young men, my wooers,

since goodly Odysseus is dead, be patient, though eager for my marriage, until I finish this robe--I would not that my spinning should come to naught--a shroud

for the lord Laertes, against the time when [100] the fell fate of grievous2 death shall strike him down; lest any of the Achaean women in the land should be

wroth with me, if he, who had won great possessions, were to lie without a shroud.’ “So she spoke, and our proud hearts consented. Then day by day she would

weave at the great web, [105] but by night would unravel it, when she had let place torches by her. Thus for three years she by her craft kept the Achaeans

from knowing, and beguiled them; but when the fourth year came as the seasons rolled on, even then one of her women who knew all told us, and we caught

her unravelling the splendid web. [110] So she finished it against her will, perforce. Therefore to thee the wooers make answer thus, that thou mayest thyself

know it in thine heart, and that all the Achaeans may know. Send away thy mother, and command her to wed whomsoever her father bids, and whoso is

pleasing to her. [115] But if she shall continue long time to vex the sons of the Achaeans, mindful in her heart of this, that Athena has endowed her above other

women with knowledge of fair handiwork and an understanding heart, and wiles, such as we have never yet heard that any even of the women of old knew, of

those who long ago were fair-tressed Achaean women-- [120] Tyro and Alcmene and Mycene of the fair crown--of whom not one was like Penelope in shrewd

device; yet this at least she devised not aright. For so long shall men devour thy livelihood and thy possessions, even as long as she shall keep the counsel

which [125] the gods now put in her heart. Great fame she brings on herself, but on thee regret for thy much substance. For us, we will go neither to our lands

nor else whither, until she marries that one of the Achaeans whom she will.”

<_< Just like always, it is the woman's falut, not the horney guys!

I Am My Tools

Day 825 - July 26, 2009

Wind SW 10 knots, Course NW, Speed, 2 knots, Position 9*52n by 22*07w

After months of sailing, I finally had to lower the trusty foresail for various repairs. We are sailing now with the mainsail, staysail and jib and this allows us to sail to weather. Besides the rain squalls, we have had very light wind. The peak, upper back corner of the foresail tore out all its stitching. There are about six layers of reinforcement.

I didn't have to take the sail all the way off to be able to put the corner down flat on the deck: I put another piece of sailcloth over everything and started sewing it all together. Anytime I sew through more than four layers of sail cloth, I put a piece of plywood down and pound holes through with a hammer and finely sharpened awl.

I have not had a chance yet, but will go over every inch of the sail and make any repairs I have to. Its throat pulley at the mast top broke down, shattered and seized up and chaffed the halyard. I climbed the mast and replaced the double bock, spliced the halyard and sewed on chaffing gear. The leather where the jaws rub the mast wore completely through and my next job will be to replace it with layers of sailcloth to pad and protect the jaws and mast.

There are more details that I will work on while the sail is down. It seems that every day a new job pops up that I have to tend to. I keep my pace up, but I am calm and thorough. With all these jobs, I have managed to do some paintings to illustrate my updates. Whenever I thought of painting, a voice inside said, "You must. You must". I dropped what I was doing and followed the voice to the paints and paper.

It doesn't matter what work it is, work is an important part of my spiritual life. It is my sacred path to holiness. I handle each tool as if it were an opportunity to express my love. I know this is what I have to do to survive and thrive. I too am a tool, an instrument for the divine will that works through me

Reid actually wrote that.

I swear.

I underlined and blued it, but he wrote it.

I like this:

"Whenever I thought of painting, a voice inside said, "You must. You must". I dropped what I was doing and followed the voice to the paints and paper."

Translation: Holy crap! How am I going to support myself after all these years if they don't buy into "Reverend Weed"?

Day 823- July 24, 2009

We were beating against light winds from the SW after dinner as I lay naked on a cushion on the cockpit table under the stars. The wind died almost completely and the booms banged in the roll of the waves, so I tightened up on all the preventers. And then I almost went back to sleep.

The wind picked up again and with it fine rain. As our speed increased, I enjoyed the sensation of moving through space and I didn't care which direction we were going. A dark cloud covering us, but there were still lots of stars. I looked to the side and I could see brilliant phosphorescence way out to the side, so I got up to look.

Normally phosphorescence is brilliant green flashes over a black background. It was much lighter and there was no blackout for at least fifty feet on each side and it was moving with us. I had to see it closer, so I climbed down on deck and put my head over the rail and peered down. Then I could see thousands of tuna swimming in a very tight pack. I had never seen so much brilliant phosphorescence around the schooner!

i wonder if that log about the halos was actually written last week. i remembered that i have also seen those halos near times of an eclipse. it turns out there was a humongous one on july 22.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_July_22,_2009

The solar eclipse of 22 July 2009 was the longest total solar eclipse during the 21st century, not to be surpassed until June 2132.

Then wise Telemachus answered him, and said: [130] “Antinous, in no wise may I thrust forth from the house against her will her that bore me and reared

me; and, as for my father, he is in some other land, whether he be alive or dead. An evil thing it were for me to pay back a great price to Icarius, as I must, if

of my own will I send my mother away. For from her father's hand shall I suffer evil, and heaven [135] will send other ills besides, for my mother as she leaves

the house will invoke the dread Avengers; and I shall have blame, too, from men. Therefore will I never speak this word. And for you, if your own heart is

wroth here at, get you forth from my halls and prepare you other feasts, [140] eating your own substance and changing from house to house. But if this seems

in your eyes to be a better and more profitable thing, that one man's livelihood should be ruined without atonement, waste ye it. But I will call upon the gods

that are forever, if haply Zeus may grant that deeds of requital may be wrought. [145] Without atonement then should ye perish within my halls.” So spoke

Telemachus, and in answer Zeus, whose voice is borne afar,1 sent forth two eagles, flying from on high, from a mountain peak. For a time they flew swift as the

blasts of the wind side by side with wings outspread; [150] but when they reached the middle of the many-voiced assembly, then they wheeled about, flapping t

heir wings rapidly, and down on the heads of all they looked, and death was in their glare. Then they tore with their talons one another's cheeks and necks on e

ither side, and darted away to the right across the houses and the city of the men. [155] But they were seized with wonder at the birds when their eyes beheld t

hem, and pondered in their hearts on what was to come to pass. Then among them spoke the old lord Halitherses, son of Mastor, for he surpassed all men of

his day in knowledge of birds and in uttering words of fate. [160] He with good intent addressed their assembly, and spoke among them: “Hearken now to me,

men of Ithaca, to the word that I shall say; and to the wooers especially do I declare and announce these things, since on them a great woe is rolling. For

Odysseus shall not long be away from his friends, but even now, methinks, [165] he is near, and is sowing death and fate for these men, one and all. Aye, and

to many others of us also who dwell in clear-seen Ithaca will he be a bane. But long ere that let us take thought how we may make an end of this--or rather let

them of themselves make an end, for this is straightway the better course for them. [170] Not as one untried do I prophesy, but with sure knowledge. For unto

Odysseus I declare that all things are fulfilled even as I told him, when the Argives embarked for Ilios and with them went Odysseus of many wiles. I declared

that after suffering many ills and losing all his comrades he would come home in the twentieth year [175] unknown to all; and lo, all this is now being brought to

pass.”

:huh:

Sto lat, that is some weird shit. I wouldn't go on any long cruises if I were you. Reid on the other hand is killing it with 830 days under his belt. I've been away from this thread for a while but still glad to see it up on the first page always. I hope he can hang on mentally. I think he can. :huh:

Sto lat, that is some weird shit. I wouldn't go on any long cruises if I were you. Reid on the other hand is killing it with 830 days under his belt. I've been away from this thread for a while but still glad to see it up on the first page always. I hope he can hang on mentally. I think he can. :huh:

But, can you?

Ya think? I don't. I think he's already nuts. Let's take a poll:

Here

Gone

He's stark raving bonkers, for sure!!

828-009.jpg

Day 828 - July 29, 2009

Wind SSW 10 knots, Course ESE, Speed 3 knots, Position 8*56n by 21*10w

God is in Every Direction

I stand in the center of the schooner and look out as far as I can. I look down around into the deep liquid transparent depths and I gaze up into the heavens. God is in every direction. I am not alone. There is nothing else but pure space. I gaze out in every direction again and again at all hours of the day and night with reverence and longing and I see God in every direction.

I have always felt a divine presence and always spoken of it, but I tried not to use the big "God" word. I felt it had too many connotations and would immediately make people think of their concept of God and then they might not be open to hear my revelation. So I would substitute other words like spirit, soul, consciousness, mystic presence, life force, love, light being.

That list is long and they all work. They all are in every direction. Everything is in every direction, going down, going up, going in and going out. I felt I could be more subtle with other words and people would not immediately think of religion, dogma, blood and the incessant battle between our Gods. After years living on the sea away from society, praying to stay alive and praying for guidance, peace, clarity, my fellow man and enlightenment, I find no other word that is closer to what I see and to the source than "God".

I have said it is beyond words and indescribable, but God is the word in the English language and every other language also has that one word for the supreme. I live with this presence year after year in a swirling universe and I look out with love, reverence and wonder and I see God in every direction.but I still do not know who or what God is and what life is really all about and so many questions remain unanswered. I'm wondering. I'm speechless, in awe...

God is the word in the English language and every other language also has that one word for the supreme.

Gone.

The English word for 'banana' is 'banana'. Every other language also has a word for 'banana' (ok. maybe not every language, but certainly languages of those cultures that have ever seen a banana).

Here

Gone

Do you think he is any more nuts then he was 830+ days ago?

hello mc: please ask mr. stowe on one of the becalmed days to pump up the dinghy, tether and launch it and take some pics from sea level of anne.

thank you.

So you think he's holed up on some uninhabited island growing weed?

hello mc: please ask mr. stowe on one of the becalmed days to pump up the dinghy, tether and launch it and take some pics from sea level of anne.

thank you.

So you think he's holed up on some uninhabited island growing weed?

just thinking pictures of the 'outside' would make an interesting change from godtalk and dirt art, mr. doane deserves a thank you and el capitan might like a little 'vacation' from the mothership.

I have always felt a divine presence and always spoken of it, but I tried not to use the big "God" word. I felt it had too many connotations and would immediately make people think of their concept of God and then they might not be open to hear my revelation. So I would substitute other words like spirit, soul, consciousness, mystic presence, life force, love, light being.

In a little more than 800 days, Reid has managed to convert a highly scientific NASA experiment into a complete theological cluster-fuck.

He intentionally avoided using the word "God" so that he could more effectively sell his own spiritual revelations without a bunch of "God" bias diluting his message. Yeah - that God fellow can be such a buzz kill when trying to get across the true message of love. Reid's "revelations" are nothing more than 60's, hippie-speak, meaningless phrases used by acid freaks to get laid.

What is the fucking message here? Anyone?

Unbelievable.

Then Eurymachus, son of Polybus, answered him, and said: “Old man, up now, get thee home and prophesy to thy children, lest haply in days to come they

suffer ill. [180] In this matter I am better far than thou to prophesy. Many birds there are that fare to and fro under the rays of the sun, and not all are

fateful. As for Odysseus, he has perished far away, as I would that thou hadst likewise perished with him. Then wouldst thou not prate so much in thy reading of

signs, [185] or be urging Telemachus on in his wrath, hoping for some gift for thy house, if haply he shall give it. But I will speak out to thee, and this word shall

verily be brought to pass. If thou, wise in the wisdom of old, shalt beguile with thy talk a younger man, and set him on to be wroth, [190] for him in the first

place it shall be the more grievous, and he will in no case be able to do aught because of these men here, and on thee, old man, will we lay a fine which it will

grieve thy soul to pay, and bitter shall be thy sorrow. And to Telemachus I myself, here among all, will offer this counsel. [195] His mother let him bid to go

back to the house of her father, and they will prepare a wedding feast and make ready the gifts full many,--aye, all that should follow after a well-loved

daughter. For ere that, methinks, the sons of the Achaeans will not cease from their grievous wooing, since in any case we fear no man,-- [200] no, not

Telemachus for all his many words,--nor do we reck of any soothsaying which thou, old man, mayest declare; it will fail of fulfillment, and thou shalt be hated

the more. Aye, and his possessions shall be devoured in evil wise, nor shall requital ever be made, so long as she shall put off the Achaeans [205] in the matter

of her marriage. And we on our part waiting here day after day are rivals by reason of her excellence, and go not after other women, whom each one might

fitly wed.” Then wise Telemachus answered him: “Eurymachus and all ye other lordly wooers, [210] in this matter I entreat you no longer nor speak thereof, for

now the gods know it, and all the Achaeans. But come, give me a swift ship and twenty comrades who will accomplish my journey for me to and fro. For I shall

go to Sparta and to sandy Pylos [215] to seek tidings of the return of my father that has long been gone, if haply any mortal man may tell me, or I may hear a

voice from Zeus, which oftenest brings tidings to men. [220] If so be I shall hear that my father is alive and coming home, then verily, though I am sore

afflicted, I could endure for yet a year. But if I shall hear that he is dead and gone, then I will return to my dear native land and heap up a mound for him, and

over it pay funeral rites, full many, as is due, and give my mother to a husband.”

<_< does this apply to Slightly salty?

Here

Gone

Do you think he is any more nuts then he was 830+ days ago?

Yes, I think he really started to lose it when Soy departed. Once he got in the Pacific his writings got worse and worse. But his love of himself above all others (including "God") shows up most when he's saying things like "he feels God all around him." Yea, you're so special, WEid, the almighty wants to protect you...you still have a lot of sins to repent for, and not your pot days.

I think all the current artwork is being pushed by MC so they can try to cash in immediately upon his return with WEidArt available. With the current economy, I don't think he'll sell too many.

Bet he lands in NC with Mommy and Daddy. Or in Newtown Creek for free.

I think all the current artwork is being pushed by MC so they can try to cash in immediately upon his return with WEidArt available. With the current economy, I don't think he'll sell too many.

Two of my artist friends are doing extremely in the present economy. But, they create real art, not sandbox, finger painting, collage-crap.....

Two of my artist friends are doing extremely in the present economy. But, they create real art, not sandbox, finger painting, collage-crap.....

The artists I deal with are hurting right now. I sold some framed prints for a guy recently that 5 years ago he could get double the price and sell all he could frame. We displayed them for 2 weeks and had 2 meet the artist sessions and sold 7 prints, and 4 of those were quite small.

The artists I deal with are hurting right now. I sold some framed prints for a guy recently that 5 years ago he could get double the price and sell all he could frame. We displayed them for 2 weeks and had 2 meet the artist sessions and sold 7 prints, and 4 of those were quite small.

I hear you chinabald. My friends small local successes are not the norm, just a tiny anomaly.. In a very small regional microeconomy.

I hear you chinabald. My friends small local successes are not the norm, just a tiny anomaly.. In a very small regional microeconomy.

My friend who finally hit the big bucks ($60-80K) after all those years is hurting with this economy (and he paints beautiful boat scenes). I'll be sick if WEid-o sells his shit just based on his exposure.

My friend who finally hit the big bucks ($60-80K) after all those years is hurting with this economy (and he paints beautiful boat scenes). I'll be sick if WEid-o sells his shit just based on his exposure.

We'll see how well he does with a bunch of crap that's been sitting in a barn upstate for 1000 days. At the opening they'll have to offer a Claratin, a Pseudophed and a hit of Flonase with the free $10 vodka drink.

A lot of his art could be replicated by hanging old sails in the monkey cage at the zoo, and then taunting said monkeys.

I didn't know you are an art dealer. No worries China, the art market is starting to come back. It's closely tied to the psychology of the stock market, and that's coming back, so your artist friends should start seeing some progress over the next few months.

Do you have any contemporary expressionist stuff? That's the stuff with which I tend to lose my purchasing self-control.

So saying he sat down, and among them rose [225] Mentor, who was a comrade of noble Odysseus. To him, on departing with his ships, Odysseus had given all his house in charge, that it should obey the old man and that he should keep all things safe. He with good intent addressed their assembly, and spoke among

them: “Hearken now to me, men of Ithaca, to the word that I shall say. [230] Never henceforth let sceptred king with a ready heart be kind and gentle, nor let

him heed righteousness in his heart, but let him ever be harsh and work unrighteousness, seeing that no one remembers divine Odysseus of the people whose

lord he was; yet gentle was he as a father. [235] But of a truth I begrudge not the proud wooers that they work deeds of violence in the evil contrivings of their

minds, for it is at the hazard of their own lives that they violently devour the house of Odysseus, who, they say, will no more return. Nay, rather it is with the

rest of the folk that I am wroth, that ye all [240] sit thus in silence, and utter no word of rebuke to make the wooers cease, though ye are many and they but

few.” Then Leocritus, son of Euenor, answered him:“Mentor, thou mischief-maker,1 thou wanderer in thy wits, what hast thou said, bidding men make us cease?

Nay, it were a hard thing [245] to fight about a feast with men that moreover outnumber you. For if Ithacan Odysseus himself were to come and be eager at

heart to drive out from his hall the lordly wooers who are feasting in his house, then should his wife have no joy [250] at his coming, though sorely she longed

for him, but right here would he meet a shameful death, if he fought with men that outnumbered him.2 Thou hast not spoken aright. But come now, ye people,

scatter, each one of you to his own lands. As for this fellow, Mentor and Halitherses will speed his journey, for they are friends of his father's house from of old.

[255] But methinks he will long abide here and get his tidings in Ithaca, and never accomplish this journey.” So he spoke, and hastily broke up the assembly.

They then scattered, each one to his own house; and the wooers went to the house of divine Odysseus. [260] But Telemachus went apart to the shore of the

sea, and having washed his hands in the grey seawater, prayed to Athena: “Hear me, thou who didst come yesterday as a god to our house, and didst bid me

go in a ship over the misty deep to seek tidings of the return of my father, that has long been gone. [265] Lo, all this the Achaeans hinder, but the wooers most

of all in their evil insolence.”

:huh: So are the ancients saying those who criticise the absent voyager the bad dudes? And is it only because we think we know what he is doing that frees SA from the calling down of Zeus upon us?

http://inexplicable-.tumblr.com/

Inexplicable

Presently this blog serves as a montage to Reid Stowe sailing 1,000 Days at sea. Although I have been following his journey since almost the beginning, I started this blog at day 809. Each day I check his blog and post from the most recent backwards. I am inspired to share his narration as he peels the many layers from the conditioned societal being to his present metamorphosis into a spiritual universal being. xxx

this is the author:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/03626296751779121395

post-9451-1249060129.jpeg

I hope he can hang on mentally. I think he can. :huh:

nuts ? Don't know

But, if I were requested to professionally document his behavior, my scientific training would require my note to indicate " that boy Just Ain't Right'

I am inspired to share his narration as he peels the many layers from the conditioned societal being to his present metamorphosis into a spiritual universal being.

god damn hippies

I am inspired to share his narration as he peels the many layers from the conditioned societal being to his present metamorphosis into a spiritual universal being.

god damn hippies

If you could break free the bonds of societal judgment and wade into the pool of universal love, you might experience the existential presence of humanity's adoration beyond the confines of your emotional imprisonment.

(wrote that in less than a minute)

Inexplicable

Presently this blog serves as a montage to Reid Stowe sailing 1,000 Days at sea. Although I have been following his journey since almost the beginning, I started this blog at day 809. Each day I check his blog and post from the most recent backwards. I am inspired to share his narration as he peels the many layers from the conditioned societal being to his present metamorphosis into a spiritual universal being. xxx

this is the author:

Is she trying to get pregnant? Wonder how many more there are out there waiting for Sir DriftaLots return. Could be a Ho Down in Hoboken cooking.

Inexplicable

this is the author:

Is she trying to get pregnant? Wonder how many more there are out there waiting for Sir DriftaLots return. Could be a Ho Down in Hoboken cooking.

That must be it Viking, she's trying to get preggers by writing an artistic blog. ARE THE PEOPLE HERE ALL IDIOTS? She's a gonna be a testa case for Nasa, pregnancy via space and cyberspace. Reid's gonna send his love juice via vibes right a through the testosteronetestatmoshere, through the infinite blackness of space, and land those babies right in the correct blogopian tube.

It's a gonna makea history. The first known case of truly artificial inspermation across the universe and sea.

I told ya. He's a truly stalwart semen if there ever was.

Yeah yeah I know Regatta mutt's a gonna argue anda agree with youra concept. He'sa still wronga though.

Go out and pillage a couple of villages Vike. You musta be way outta practice.

I actually think Reids art will sell. I mean how many pieces of art have been out at sea for 1000 days? It's a heck of a tale to tell your friends when they come over. If I had any money I'd probably buy a piece. I think every day he's out there his art goes up in value. Got to give it to him, the guys an animal. :ph34r:

Inexplicable

this is the author:

That must be it Viking, she's trying to get preggers by writing an artistic blog. ARE THE PEOPLE HERE ALL IDIOTS? She's a gonna be a testa case for Nasa, pregnancy via space and cyberspace. Reid's gonna send his love juice via vibes right a through the testosteronetestatmoshere, through the infinite blackness of space, and land those babies right in the correct blogopian tube.

It's a gonna makea history. The first known case of truly artificial inspermation across the universe and sea.

Yeah yeah I know Regatta mutt's a gonna argue anda agree with youra concept. He'sa still wronga though.

Hey RW - The Sicilian relatives think you're kinda....maybe.....not so nice about us.

My uncle Louis referred to you at sit down dinner at Aunt Marie's tenement as a "flying, seven winged cunt bag".

Danny then asked - "Uncle Louis, how's a cunt bag gonna fly with seven wings?"

"In circles, cause of the physics of the ting", says Lou.

"What's a physics?", Danny asks Lou.

"You know that part of a fuckin' pencil? Scuse the language Tia Marie... I'm sorry to bring this on your home.", says uncle Lou.

"Manga, I made gnocchi... play a few hands of Scopa", says Aunt Marie -- "Be a good host in your uncle's house and deal yourself and your brother a losing hand of Basconi."

"Bene, but what about the seven winged cunt bag?", asks Uncle Lou.

"Stab him in the balls with a fucking golf pencil," replied Aunt Marie, "...and then hand me a dish towel so I can get the potato pasta off the burner without burning my palsied hands that changed your very own diapers."

DING DONG!!!

"Get the door, and who's there, make sure they wipe their feet", said Marie, "we didn't spend $10 on this plastic carpet protector just because it came with a free vodka drink".

"Want me to stir that?", asks Danny.

"You gonna insult me and my cooking?", asks Marie as she slaps Danny's face (Which because of her palsied hands is more like a punch from a teenage, wheel chair bound midget). "Who's at the door?"

"RacingWag", says Danny.

"That seven winged cunt bag?", asked Aunt Marie.

"I think so", replied Danny.

"Set another plate, distract him with a glass of Chianti and hit him in the side of the head with the baseball bat, what's hanging over the fireplace and do it right now", said Marie, "the gnocchi is best served al dente, the plastic's covering the floor, and I've been meaning to replace my sofa doilies."

"Yes, Auntie", assured Danny, "The seven winged flying cunt bag will never play Italian cards in your home. Where's the shovel?"

"Where's Louis?"

[sound of toilet flushing]

"Light a match and bring a chair from the rec room"

Ever wonder why women will marry axe murderers who have no chance for parole? Same concept, glad someone got it hence the artfully designed post following my observation that there might be more than one at the docks, either pregnant, wanting to become pregnant, or already did that and is looking for child support.

Now as for those red headed and blonde Italian girls - thank a Viking! That's right, we waltzed in, stepped on every Gweedho - Guido - sp. check - we found. Your beer was nasty and we got tired of pasta, so we departed after getting our fill of your lovely women, dropping them off at the next village once we found out they were pregnant.

830-005.jpg

Day 830 - July 31, 2009

Wind SSW 15 knots, Course SE, Speed 3.7 knots, Position 7*13n by 20*00w

Lifelines

I have finished replacing and repairing lifelines around the schooner. They make me feel very secure as they are chest high most of the way around. I had to make them three feet high at the bow because of the sails. The stanchion posts are thick stainless steel and the lifelines are three eights inches thick.

All of the lifelines were galvanized steel, but over the years they rusted through. I replaced some with used stainless rigging a friend gave me and the rest with steel cable that was being thrown away. I painted the steel cable and put padding and chaffing gear everywhere that ropes or rigging touch them or wear on them.

Before this voyage whenever I moved around the deck, I used to play "rope a dope" on them for fun and to save energy in the style of boxer Mohamed Ali. On this voyage I have made the efforts to practice "super safety" in all acts. Now I always keep my balance into the center of the schooner and try not to touch the lifelines.

I finished the big repair on the corner of the foresail and spent another day sewing little spots to make sure it was well repaired. I put new chafing gear on the gaffjaws where they rub on the mast and smeared it with lard so that it would slide smoothly. I still have the roller jib spread out in the sail temple and I work on it when it is too rough and rainy outside.

There are always plenty of odd jobs that pop up and I take care of them as a matter of course. Every day I do a certain amount of organizing and cleaning, but it is too big of a job to make things the way I would like to have them...

For the first time I saw a tuna that weighed a few hundred pounds jump out of the water. Also for the first time I saw a tuna catch a flying fish in mid air. The flying fish jumped and started to fly and a split second later the tuna arched out of the water and the flying fish disappeared into its mouth.

There are a lot of fish around and it seems they stay awake and feed during the night because I hear them splashing. Another school of porpoises swam fast by often leaping in creative fashions. This makes me think they are not feeding, but I wonder why they swim by so fast with out saying Hi?

There are a lot of fish around and it seems they stay awake and feed during the night because I hear them splashing. Another school of porpoises swam fast by often leaping in creative fashions. This makes me think they are not feeding, but I wonder why they swim by so fast with out saying Hi?

Anyone notify the Chinese fishing fleets? The CheeseMonger and his vessel have become a floating reef! Tuna in great numbers. I'm thinking sushi for lunch now... Reid could clean clock just by providing fish data while drifting about. New career op.

Reid's gonna send his love juice via vibes right a through the testosteronetestatmoshere, through the infinite blackness of space, and land those babies right in the correct blogopian tube.

it is confusing RW, but Science Officer Bugger can send you a copy of his report: The Bingo Bango Theory of Creation; its not too hard for the 'layman' to follow.

on a different note:

what a contrast the story is when a funny guy tells it:

I didn't know you are an art dealer. No worries China, the art market is starting to come back. It's closely tied to the psychology of the stock market, and that's coming back, so your artist friends should start seeing some progress over the next few months.

Do you have any contemporary expressionist stuff? That's the stuff with which I tend to lose my purchasing self-control.

I sell a of stuff. None of which would be described as contemporary expressionist.

Reid's gonna send his love juice via vibes right a through the testosteronetestatmoshere, through the infinite blackness of space, and land those babies right in the correct blogopian tube.

it is confusing RW, but Science Officer Bugger can send you a copy of his report: The Bingo Bango Theory of Creation; its not too hard for the 'layman' to follow.

on a different note:

what a contrast the story is when a funny guy tells it:

In two and a half minutes this guy has given us a synopsis of Reid's voyage. I like that guy.

I can picture Reid doing the rope-a-dope off the lifelines right after Buddha lances the eye that was swollen shut by a sucker punch from negative vibes.

Anyone notify the Chinese fishing fleets? The CheeseMonger and his vessel have become a floating reef! Tuna in great numbers. I'm thinking sushi for lunch now... Reid could clean clock just by providing fish data while drifting about. New career op.

3779127747_2c3f2b6773_o.jpg

Come one guys. Reid deserves to be treated better than this. He's doing a dam fine job out there. :angry:

weid's building a DAM in the ocean? TFR

Hi All,

Slightly off-topic, but I thought it best to start here since y'all already know that I am a right arsehole.

I've suggested to a friend of mine in Oz to join Sailing Anarchy. He is currently rigging a 33-foot sailboat of his own design, and lives just south of Woy Woy.

I'm hoping to introduce him in this thread first because I'm hoping to usher him past the obligatory "fuck you noob" bit. He's gone through too much in his life to deserve that, and I think that SA could be excellent for him as it has been for me.

I'll post back here if he's game for the beer tent of the sailing community.

Thanks in advance Lassies and Gents.

The facts are that Reid is one popular dude. This thread has been on the first page of SA for about 840 days now, ok maybe it fell to the second page 3 times and only for a brief moment. It's really captivating us all. I've watched it closely since the begining. I wasn't sure at first but the guy seems to have what it takes. Even if a lot of you don't think so. He's made it this far and I'm rooting for him hard now. I really hope he finishes all the way to 1000 days, maybe even throw an extra week in there for good measure. :lol: I hope he makes a lot of money from this.

The facts are that Reid is one nutty scammer. This thread has been on the first page of SA for about 840 days now, ok maybe it fell to the second page 3 times and only for a brief moment. It's really nauseating a few of us. I've watched it closely since I noticed it a few months ago. I wasn't sure at first but the guy seems to think he is God. Even if a lot of you don't think so. He's made it this far and I can't believe people are still falling for his scam. I really hope he drifts aimlessly as long as people will pay him to do it. :lol: I hope he scams a lot of money from this. It's a heck of a nutball show!

So he spoke in prayer, and Athena drew near to him in the likeness of Mentor, both in form and invoice; and she spoke, and addressed him with winged words:

[270] “Telemachus, neither hereafter shalt thou be a base man or a witless, if aught of thy father's goodly spirit has been instilled into thee, such a man was he

to fulfil both deed and word. So then shall this journey of thine be neither vain nor unfulfilled. But if thou art not the son of him and of Penelope, [275] then I

have no hope that thou wilt accomplish thy desire. Few sons indeed are like their fathers; most are worse, few better than their fathers. But since neither

hereafter shalt thou be a base man or a witless, nor has the wisdom of Odysseus wholly failed thee, [280] there is therefore hope that thou wilt accomplish this

work. Now then let be the will and counsel of the wooers--fools, for they are in no wise either prudent or just, nor do they know aught of death or black fate,

which verily is near at hand for them, that they shall all perish in a day. [285] But for thyself, the journey on which thy heart is set shall not be long delayed, so

true a friend of thy father's house am I, who will equip for thee a swift ship, and myself go with thee. But go thou now to the house and join the company of the

wooers; make ready stores, and bestow all in vessels-- [290] wine in jars, and barley meal, the marrow of men, in stout skins;--but I, going through the town,

will quickly gather comrades that go willingly. And ships there are full many in sea-girt Ithaca, both new and old; of these will I choose out for thee the one that

is best, [295] and quickly will we make her ready and launch her on the broad deep.” So spoke Athena, daughter of Zeus, nor did Telemachus tarry long after

he had heard the voice of the goddess, but went his way to the house, his heart heavy within him. He found there the proud wooers in the halls, [300] flaying

goats and singeing swine in the court. And Antinous with a laugh came straight to Telemachus, and clasped his hand, and spoke, and addressed1

him: “Telemachus, thou braggart, unrestrained in daring, let no more any evil deed or word be in thy heart. [305] Nay, I bid thee, eat and drink even as before.

All these things the Achaeans will surely provide for thee--the ship and chosen oarsmen--that with speed thou mayest go to sacred Pylos to seek for tidings of

thy noble father.”

So he spoke in prayer, and Athena drew near to him in the likeness of Mentor, both in form and invoice; and she spoke, and addressed him with winged words:

[270] “Telemachus, neither hereafter shalt thou be a base man or a witless, if aught of thy father's goodly spirit has been instilled into thee, such a man was he

to fulfil both deed and word. So then shall this journey of thine be neither vain nor unfulfilled. But if thou art not the son of him and of Penelope, [275] then I

have no hope that thou wilt accomplish thy desire. Few sons indeed are like their fathers; most are worse, few better than their fathers. But since neither

hereafter shalt thou be a base man or a witless, nor has the wisdom of Odysseus wholly failed thee, [280] there is therefore hope that thou wilt accomplish this

work. Now then let be the will and counsel of the wooers--fools, for they are in no wise either prudent or just, nor do they know aught of death or black fate,

which verily is near at hand for them, that they shall all perish in a day. [285] But for thyself, the journey on which thy heart is set shall not be long delayed, so

true a friend of thy father's house am I, who will equip for thee a swift ship, and myself go with thee. But go thou now to the house and join the company of the

wooers; make ready stores, and bestow all in vessels-- [290] wine in jars, and barley meal, the marrow of men, in stout skins;--but I, going through the town,

will quickly gather comrades that go willingly. And ships there are full many in sea-girt Ithaca, both new and old; of these will I choose out for thee the one that

is best, [295] and quickly will we make her ready and launch her on the broad deep.” So spoke Athena, daughter of Zeus, nor did Telemachus tarry long after

he had heard the voice of the goddess, but went his way to the house, his heart heavy within him. He found there the proud wooers in the halls, [300] flaying

goats and singeing swine in the court. And Antinous with a laugh came straight to Telemachus, and clasped his hand, and spoke, and addressed1

him: “Telemachus, thou braggart, unrestrained in daring, let no more any evil deed or word be in thy heart. [305] Nay, I bid thee, eat and drink even as before.

All these things the Achaeans will surely provide for thee--the ship and chosen oarsmen--that with speed thou mayest go to sacred Pylos to seek for tidings of

thy noble father.”

Έτσι μίλησε Αθηνά, κόρη Zeus, ούτε Telemachus πισώδες πολύ αφότου είχε ακούσει τη φωνή της θεάς, αλλά πήγε ο τρόπος του στο σπίτι, η καρδιά του βαριά μέσα σε τον. Βρήκε εκεί υπερήφανοι wooers στις αίθουσες, τις γδέρνοντας αίγες και το καψάλισμα των χοίρων στο δικαστήριο. Και Antinous με ένα γέλιο ήρθε κατ' ευθείαν σε Telemachus, και το χέρι του, και τον μίλησε, και απευθύνθηκε σε: «Telemachus, καυχησιάρης, ασυγκράτητο να τολμήσετε, δεν αφήσατε πλέον οποιαδήποτε κακή πράξη ή λέξη να είναι στην καρδιά δική σου. Άρνηση, πρόσφερα τη εσένα, τρώω και πίνω ακόμη και όπως πριν. Όλα αυτά τα πράγματα το Achaeans θα προβλέψουν σίγουρα το εσένα-σκάφος και επιλεγμένος--αυτός με την ταχύτητα ο πιό mayest πηγαίνετε σε ιερό Pylos να επιδιώξετε για τα tidings του ευγενούς πατέρα δικού σου.» [309] έπειτα σοφό Telemachus απάντησε σε τον: «Antinous, σε κανέναν σοφό είναι δυνατό για με στην επηρμένη επιχείρησή σας να καθίσω στο κρέας ήσυχα και να κάνω εύθυμος με ένα εύκολο μυαλό. Είναι όχι αρκετοί, YE wooers, ότι το έγκαιρο προηγούμενο YE σπατάλησε πολλές ωραίες κατοχές του ορυχείου, ενώ ήμουν ακόμα παιδί; Αλλά τώρα που αυξάνομαι, και γνώση κέρδους με την ακοή των λέξεων άλλες, του yea και των κεριών πνευμάτων μου μέσα σε με, θα δοκιμάσω πώς μπορώ να εκσφενδονίσω εμπρός επάνω στις κακές μοίρες σας, είτε που πηγαίνουν σε Pylos είτε εδώ σε αυτό το έδαφος. Για πηγαίνετε εγώ, ούτε το ταξίδι θα είναι μάταια του ποιου μιλώ, εν τούτοις ταξίδι Ι σε another' σκάφος του s, δεδομένου ότι μπορώ να μην είμαι κύριος του σκάφους ή. Έτσι, φάνηκε σε σας να είναι περισσότεροι στο κέρδος σας.»