Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Good Lord, Regatta Dog - you're STILL worrying about "He sold the public a bill of goods. He's an egotistical fraud worthy of being held up as a bad example of human potential?" That's a helluva grudge you continue to carry. Which "public" are you talking about? I've been looking and looking and looking - 'bout the only place I've found any mention of him is here and his site and the formerly kept up 1000 days of hell (or something like that)

But - maybe your efforts have paid off brilliantly. Nobody's ever heard of the guy - he sure isn't a media darling like, say, Levi Johnson. Doesn't look like anyone's given him any money or food or oral sex in a long, long time. His kids - the ones on child support I mean - are over 18 so the taxpayers aren't carrying them anymore. Doesn't look like Soanya or her parents are too terribly upset. New York couldn't find parts of the recent plane wrecks because of all the stuff freighters have dropped to the bottom for so many years - so a couple of tons of Reid shit apparently didn't make that big a difference after all.

So - all's well. Relax. I'll check back in 161 days to see how it all came out.

Hey - JP - you're looking pretty cute. I've missed you and I'm glad the worry lines are starting to fade. It's good when you lighten up.

ciao baby .....

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

JPlanetary person, What exactly ru thanking the "good taxpayers of New York" for doing? Paying for Reid to drift around aimlessly as hell as a deadbeat drug smuggling irresponsible do-nothing dad?

The taxpayers of NY man?

I think all of you have place entirely too much importance and power in this quest to simply sail for a thousand days. It's not exactly Odysseus, nor is it John Dillenger. Just a man and his boat, afloat, afloat, afloat.

A few hopeful and adventure loving souls contributed. Some here did their very best to scuttle the voyage, pretending they were acting in the elitist certainty of knowing what's better for others to think, believe and do. In reality, this underfunded barebones spartan experiment in self deprivation for years, will remain on the fringe and in the annals of strange voyages into unknown territory. Not the most dangerous or exciting, noteworthy nor accomplished- yet unique in it's inestimable flavor for the absurd, and certainly for arousing the passions of people all over the planet, J.

Whether they be blue water sailors and passagemakers, sit at home wannabees, or simply thrilled to vicariously join the ride of a man at sea for so long: the passionate followers (and you here on this thread do certainly count as being under this label as some of the most ardent of his followers by definition) his outrageous claims, self promotion, and long distance/time voyage around the planet have proven to catch the fancy of all persuasions and walks of life.

I think he's actually educated some in the ways of long distance sailing. For example, sailflat of this forum will likely not be such an asshole and try to call in a false SAR to a coast guard facility in the future, or at least not be so quick to be an asshole I would hope. Then again, I am very optimistic that Stowe will succeed in his quest, and that even you who have spent so much of your time in your attempt at whatever humor and truth this forum feels it's self righteous purposefulness to be, will be forced to give him props, and perhaps even a clap or two of your hands upon his safe return from the years at sea.

This is not some spiritual journey, test of man's limits, study in self deprivation or educational exercise. It's a simple self promotional stunt by a shallow self absorbed attention ho.

S&D remain in the story as they are useful props. They won't be around for long after the great Captain Stowe returns and once again begins sowing his seed whatever he finds a naive dazzled audience.

Void Ho summed up his personality perfectly.

Naked and alone before God under the stars of Heaven on a sailing ship of one's own, with enough food to last years, is not an unenviable position in which to be in this modern world of endless complexity and vigorous enmities.

Unenviable?? NO

Selfish and Irresponsible?? YES

Not so selfish, he's just going to stay out longer, maybe put the record a bit farther out of reach. Why not, if he has the endurance and food? Apparently his family is taking care of his wife and son in some capacity, so what's the problem? It's just going to make this thread longer, and eventually, a hundred years from now, when Sailing Anarchy has its own internet, and people debate stoopid stuff from their wireless watch phones, they will still not be able to touch the 1000 Page mark due to the elusive and terribly dangerous MOTORCYCLE.

So really, who is more irresponsible? Some harmless Neo New Ager out on a bondo boat with cheese? Or is it the Sailing Anarchist MOTORCYCLE, who has created a time-suck which rivals of an interstellar black hole? Imagine, if it wasn't for this thread, key members of the U.S. economy would be productive again and our economy wouldn't be in this mess.

The reason he isn't subject to the prospect of being hijacked is because he isn't in the shipping lane off Somalia where the hijackers operate, & nothing to do with the fake patriotic notion of the now deeply in the the shadows wolfiesaidanotherfakecomment and got rewarded/complimented here.

I've thought of that, but I don't think it's true. Two hundred years ago, piracy could be found around the world, and the only safe shipping lanes were the ones carefully monitored by the large navies. Pirates were even hired by the crown and to take to the seas without some form of protection would be unheard of. Today, massive freighters travel nearly every corner of the Earth with little more protection than a VHF radio and maybe some condoms for the skeleton crew. There are exceptions, like Somalia, the coast of Brazil, a few other spots in the Indian Ocean, but in general, the world's waters are safe for a reason, and it has nothing to do with "patriotism."

He's not married, so there's no wife as wolfiesays said. He exchanges emails w/Soanya daily, the satphone much too expensive for this barebones op to be used daily or even often.

Okay, not a wife ... wifey. Close enough?

Managed to find a forgotten hem of it wolfiesay? Quite poetic. Quite wrong. He's been more or less circumnavigating continually (& that would include circles within circles for those shticklers calling for four circums to beat the great Jon), keeping off the shipping lanes, and alone surrounded by vast ocean for years. That my dear fellow is not the hem of anything. It is off the grid, out there, alone and in real solitude amid the vast expanse of the ever undulating oceanic horizons.

I didn't mean "forgotten" in the geographic sense, rather in the sense that he found a place with some solitude.

And believe me Mike, when you are out there that long and alone, at some point it is just you and your God & the beauty of natural creation. Not a thing to do with the men who made the GPS, invented the schooner, nor those who may have been watching over the ships sailing past the Somalian coast. You may give credit where it is due. The natural world of beauty in which he now exists may well be considered less of an illusion than the maya in which we live, on in which big brotha is constantly massaging our malleable minds to imagine what he/she wants us to, subject to endless untruths, false facts, and other unwanted interpretations of the real for the sake of something very much other than the truth.

Yeah, I'll give you that. When I used to come back from my extended climbs in Colorado, back after weeks, the "real" world seemed more like the "fake" one. The mountains and drinking water thick with Giardia and eating trout and making cattail stew .. that was the real world.

And I also agree with you about Reid's outlook. It's interesting to me that a seemingly soft guy like him, spouting off about New Age stuff, would be the one with enough personal strength to not only make his 1000 Days, but even now extend it. On some level, I understand him, I once did a 10-day juice fast ... no food, just water and once-a-day carrot juice. At the end of the 10 days, I didn't want to eat, my wife sort of forced me to do it. We make these prisons for ourselves and then prefer them, sort of like that poem by Keats about The Sonnet.

But whatever ... if you think Reid would have lasted 1000 days, 100 days or even 10 days without any kind of gun, cannon, crew or self-defense, in a world in which our oceans have been largely purged of the criminal element, then you haven't read enough history.

• Bernard Clemmens of London managed to sustain a fart for an officially recorded time of 2 minutes 42 seconds.

I used to know an swell-looking Australian girl that could fart on demand. Time after time, it was truly remarkable.

Any country that can produce women who can fart on demand is surely headed to some form of world-dominance.

His kids - the ones on child support I mean - are over 18 so the taxpayers aren't carrying them anymore.

This message brought to you by 1-800-SUE-MAERSK...

Doesn't look like Soanya or her parents are too terribly upset.

Really? Soanya's parents sent you a "We're not too terribly upset" photo?

Prior published quotes, attributed to Soy herself, suggested quite the opposite.

a couple of tons of Reid shit apparently didn't make that big a difference after all.

Remind me to never scuba dive in Hoboken....

And please, Robin....with an attitude like that, stay the hell away from the Great Lakes.

one circumnavigation 2 b, 3 years, countless nautical miles, knockdowns, capsize and endless sunsets. still real, still a record of whatever dubious achievement it may signify, put that in yer pipes and smoke it out yer ever lubbin a holes matey. :)

Here are a few records worth note -

• The longest Monopoly game in a bathtub was 99 hours long.
  • On July 31, 1994, Simon Sang Sung of Singapore turned a single piece of dough into 8,192 noodles in 59.29 seconds!
  • In 1968, Steve McPeak traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles on a unicycle. The trip took him six weeks, but he planned for the long bike journey. He brought an extra tire and a spare heinie.
  • On December 15, 1998, the Mayer Kaplan Jewish Community Center in Skokie, Illinois attempted to set the inaugural world's record for largest number of dreidels to be spun at one time. At least 200 people were needed to set the record.
  • The duration record for a face-slapping contest was set in Kiev, USSR, in 1931 when a draw was declared between Bezbordny and Goniusch after 30 hours.
  • Bernard Clemmens of London managed to sustain a fart for an officially recorded time of 2 minutes 42 seconds.
  • The longest bout of sneezing recorded was by Donna Griffith. It began in January 1981 and continued until September 1983. It lasted for 978 days, and 4,687,514 gesundheits
  • Diane Sheer holds the record for licking the most stamps in a five minute period. She slobbered on 225 of the little things.

I don't know what Useless Facts World Records charges for verification, but it's worth a shot since no one stepped up and paid Guinness to validate Reid's "accomplishment". I think his 1000 days at sea would fit in nicely between the face slapping contest and the longest sustained fart.

BTW - I'd rather fart for 2 minutes 43 seconds than spend 1001 days at sea. That's one hell of a hang time and would certainly earn the record holder multiple rounds of drinks at most bars in the free world.

:lol: RD!! I'm not ashamed to tell you I've applied for the record of listening to this tune 500 straight times (allowing for bathroom breaks on the hour) ...........

NVH

I used to know an swell-looking Australian girl that could fart on demand. Time after time, it was truly remarkable.

Any country that can produce women who can fart on demand is surely headed to some form of world-dominance.

Wow! Do you mean that not all girls can fart on demand? I must try to travel more.

263469771_fe466df576.jpg

Are you really that demanding with the girls? :blink:

I was thinking myself it was a rather odd think to ask a girl to do.

Mike met this girl on a bus. He sat down next to her and said "Can I smell your pussy?"

And she replied "No, it's probobly my feet!"

:lol: RD!! I'm not ashamed to tell you I've applied for the record of listening to this tune 500 straight times (allowing for bathroom breaks on the hour) ...........

NVH

Are you fucking kidding? At 1:30, those fuckers rock!!!!

Mike - Hat's going out this weekend. I'll send you a list of availables. RW - hat to you as well. I can send it to your attorney's office. CScow, Stolat, JP, anyone else? I got a heard of hats what needs thinning. Send me an address........and fuck that guitar guy on the far right, I thought it was a Uke thing.

NVH

Mike - Hat's going out this weekend. I'll send you a list of availables. RW - hat to you as well. I can send it to your attorney's office. CScow, Stolat, JP, anyone else? I got a heard of hats what needs thinning. Send me an address........and fuck that guitar guy on the far right, I thought it was a Uke thing.

Ha! I'll have you know that is a BASS UKELELE! I'm now up to 126 viewings and accepting no fn hats plz! CASH donations for my vision of promoting global peace and the enlightenment of mankind through ukeleles .....

NVH

Ha! I'll have you know that is a BASS UKELELE! I'm now up to 126 viewings and accepting no fn hats plz! CASH donations for my vision of promoting global peace and the enlightenment of mankind through ukeleles .....

Glad to see another uke lover.

This weekend I'm going to a uke workshop followed by a concert to raise money to send some ukes to Guatemala!

NVH

Fuck off, you. No such thing as a bass Uke. I'm on my 14th viewing and it's Garrison Keillor with a guitar.

Brilliant none the less.

EDIT - After 30 plays, I'm thinking Anthony Quinn and a spaghetti western. Thanks for the ear worm, JP.

We need new words for this one.......

Who's the cat that won't cop out, when there's mahi all about? WEED! Right on!

God, I love you! That's on the next CD for the boat.

Can you dig it? Yeah, John Shaft :lol::lol:

BTW - BillyBackstay - thanks for saving my nads tonight, but you have to kiss my right ankle for the circle to be complete. Did I look darling with all that festooning fabric?

Thanks for taking shrimp off the menu and saving my nut sack from a probable clash with the stanchions, mate.

one circumnavigation 3 years, countless nautical miles, knockdowns, capsize and endless sunsets. still real, still a record of whatever dubious achievement it may signify, put that in yer pipes and smoke it out yer ever lubbin a holes matey. :)

Those things are not really that much of an achievement in my view. I have circumnavigated, covered countless miles, had knockdowns and capsizes galore and who hasn't seen a sunset?

It's not what he will be remembered for - smoke that.

fuck that guitar guy on the far right, I thought it was a Uke thing.

Ha! I'll have you know that is a BASS UKELELE!

She kicks....she scores....GOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Seriously, RD. I think you owe the Bass Uke dude an apology and a hat.

BTW - I'd rather fart for 2 minutes 43 seconds than spend 1001 days at sea. That's one hell of a hang time and would certainly earn the record holder multiple rounds of drinks at most bars in the free world.

I think that talent would even assure safe passage and many beers in the unfree world. :lol:

But someone who farts with great skill is only entertaining for a little while. Reid is the gift who keeps on giving. I keep checking back, and so do all of you reading this. :P

I used to know an swell-looking Australian girl that could fart queff on demand. Time after time, it was truly remarkable.

Any country that can produce women who can fart queff on demand is surely headed to some form of world-dominance.

Wow! Do you mean that not all girls can fart queff on demand? I must try to travel more.

263469771_fe466df576.jpg

Fixed

BTW - loved the uke links. :P

“Thus I came, dear child, without tidings, nor know I aught [185] of those others, who of the Achaeans were saved, and who were lost. But what tidings I have

heard as I abide in our halls thou shalt hear, as is right, nor will I hide it from thee. Safely, they say, came the Myrmidons that rage with the spear, whom the

famous son of great-hearted Achilles led; [190] and safely Philoctetes, the glorious son of Poias. All his company, too, did Idomeneus bring to Crete, all who

escaped the war, and the sea robbed him of none. But of the son of Atreus you have yourselves heard, far off though you are, how he came, and how

Aegisthus devised for him a woeful doom. [195] Yet verily he paid the reckoning therefor in terrible wise, so good a thing is it that a son be left behind a man a

t his death, since that son took vengeance on his father's slayer, the guileful Aegisthus, for that he slew his glorious father. Thou, too, friend, for I see thou art a

comely man and tall, [200] be thou valiant, that many an one among men yet to be born may praise thee.” Then wise Telemachus answered him: “Nestor, son

of Neleus, great glory of the Achaeans, yea verily that son took vengeance, and the Achaeans shall spread his fame abroad, that men who are yet to be may

hear thereof. [205] O that the gods would clothe me with such strength, that I might take vengeance on the wooers for their grievous sin, who in wantonness

devise mischief against me. But lo, the gods have spun for me no such happiness, for me or for my father; and now I must in any case endure.” [210] Then the

horseman, Nestor of Gerenia, answered him: “Friend, since thou calledst this to my mind and didst speak of it, they say that many wooers for the hand of thy

mother devise evils in thy halls in thy despite. Tell me, art thou willingly thus oppressed, or do the people [215] throughout the land hate thee, following the

voice of a god? Who knows but Odysseus may some day come and take vengeance on them for their violent deeds,--he alone, it may be, or even all the host

of the Achaeans? Ah, would that flashing-eyed Athena might choose to love thee even as then she cared exceedingly for glorious Odysseus [220] in the land of

the Trojans, where we Achaeans suffered woes. For never yet have I seen the gods so manifestly shewing love, as Pallas Athena did to him, standing manifest

by his side. If she would be pleased to love thee in such wise and would care for thee at heart, then would many a one of them utterly forget marriage.” [225]

Then wise Telemachus answered him: “Old man, in no wise do I deem that this word will be brought to pass. Too great is what thou sayest; amazement holds

me. No hope have I that this will come to pass, no, not though the gods should so will it.”

[and fuck that guitar guy on the far right, I thought it was a Uke thing.

I was going to joke that he was playing the Bass Uke. But then they did a closeup of it, and sure enough, four strings. Apparently the British have found a way to engineer a Bass Ukelele. Go figure. I guess the U.K. is an industrial superpower after all.

[and fuck that guitar guy on the far right, I thought it was a Uke thing.

I was going to joke that he was playing the Bass Uke. But then they did a closeup of it, and sure enough, four strings. Apparently the British have found a way to engineer a Bass Ukelele. Go figure. I guess the U.K. is an industrial superpower after all.

Soprano, tenor and baritone or bass ukeleles actually exist. Similar in range and tonality to farts.

Visit to North Carolina

Sunday, 09 August 2009

Reid and I still communicate every day by email and he is in a good place right now. A place filled with beauty, magic, and hard work, the trademarks of a moment well lived. Before you know it, he will be back and we will be living those moments together.

Hmmmm. Seems as if four generations of Stowe's aren't smart enough to know why a proper childs PFD is important. Oh well, Weid almost left without a liferaft, so ignorance must run in the family. No yoga platform on the walk-around?

Day 842 - August 12, 2009

Wind SE 5 knots, Course ENE, Speed 1 knot, Position 3*30 n by 15*56 w

Unedited, Live

You are getting the unedited, live story from me as it happens, right off the cuff, wet off the wavetops and I don't look back. I do try to please and I hope you like it and will forgive my faults in writing and character.

Unless you are on the internet following another live adventure too intense to edit, then I suppose every thing else is edited, like news, sports and reviews. Anyone whose story is told in a book has been edited. Great myths and word of mouth legends have been well edited. Would they have shared their fears or bragged a little to give themselves courage? Yes.

I hope I can do a book about this story. Then I hope to be edited and improved upon so that the most amounts of readers over time will have the most pleasure. I know my writing does not lend itself directly to a book that can be speed-read, so I will probably need a co-writer. I once had a best selling co-writer do the "Odyssey of the Sea Turtle" and his proposal took out all of the flaws, angst, contradictions, flights of fantasy, illuminations and fire. It was no longer me, but I figured he and the literary agent knew what they were doing. Twelve publishers rejected it and we gave up.

Yes, I hope to be edited: That will make me more normal and help me adjust to the life on the shore within society. In the meantime, lets go wild! We have a great story here! Everybody can make big hearts in all kinds of ways. Let's do what no one else has done and share it live.

No physical thing is as powerful as the revelation of our souls all together. The whole world is watching. We are making it a better place for humanity and all creation. We say Love, Love, Love, when ever, wherever and how ever we want, out loud because it feels great. Boogaloo my baby now, live, unedited!

:lol::lol::lol: That's rich!

JP - My apologies for the gross error regarding the Bass Ukulele. On closer inspection it does appear to be a Big Bufo Bass with Pahoehoe strings.

Glad you finally got that figured out RD... a Bufo huh? Hmmmmmmmm..... This is my favorite line from Weed ~

"I once had a best selling co-writer do the "Odyssey of the Sea Turtle" and his proposal took out all of the flaws, angst, contradictions, flights of fantasy, illuminations and fire. It was no longer me, but I figured he and the literary agent knew what they were doing. Twelve publishers rejected it and we gave up."

Here are some highlights from Weed's own exciting list of suggested 2-Legged Turtle topics. You can't make this shit up:

Keeping an Eye Open Throughout the Night

Sailing at Sea Alone with a Lovely Woman

Our Two Tool Trunks are Beautiful and Necessary in the Pilot House

Making Love on the High Seas

How We Preserve the Fish We Catch

Voyaging with Cats

Sprouting Fresh Salads Every Day

Living with a Salty Sea Captain

Dodging Ships in the Night

When Sea Birds Relax on the Boat

Cooking Crepes During a Storm

Doing Yoga Together at Sea

Our Lifelines Around the Deck

Yeah... and then the lousy bastard best-selling author goes and edits out all the angst and fire.

3818055743_2bbc4350e0_o.jpg

Keeping an Eye Open Throughout the Night

Sailing at Sea Alone with a Lovely Woman

Our Two Tool Trunks are Beautiful and Necessary in the Pilot House

Making Love on the High Seas

How We Preserve the Fish We Catch

Voyaging with Cats

Sprouting Fresh Salads Every Day

Living with a Salty Sea Captain

Dodging Ships in the Night

When Sea Birds Relax on the Boat

Cooking Crepes During a Storm

Doing Yoga Together at Sea

Our Lifelines Around the Deck

god, JP..somehow one forgets just how hysterical this shit is.

put up the night moby visited..i don't know where it is..time for a FLASHBACK

anim_be9ed475-864c-7904-e9de-718ecd79db61.gif

The drifter-griftathon continues....

I'm sure he can do the talk show circuit upon his return; given the stupid mindless crap that the typical Seppos (Americans) will follow.

Jerry Springer, The Peoples Court, and maybe even Oprah or The View!!!!!!

"Unbeleivable Obstacles"!!! Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!!!!!!!!

Thursday, 13 August 2009 Letter from Edna Fiedler

Thank you for your message. As Al comments in another email, he and I have been writing and working together for some years now. The endeavor begun by you and Soanya and which you are now completing is indeed amazing. Your voyage will be an inspiration for all future explorers. Today is a time of economic and social uncertainty, and even those who choose not to go to the physical extremes that you have chosen can take heart in your demonstration of how the human psyche can thrive despite unbelievable obstacles.

Cordially,

Edna

Edna Fiedler, Ph.D.

National Space Biomedical Research Institute

"Fiedler, Edna R." < \n efiedler@bcm.tmc.edu This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it >

842.jpg

Day 842 - August 12, 2009

Wind SE 5 knots, Course ENE, Speed 1 knot, Position 3*30 n by 15*56 w

Unedited, Live

You are getting the unedited, live story from me as it happens, right off the cuff, wet off the wavetops and I don't look back. I do try to please and I hope you like it and will forgive my faults in writing and character.

Unless you are on the internet following another live adventure too intense to edit, then I suppose every thing else is edited, like news, sports and reviews. Anyone whose story is told in a book has been edited. Great myths and word of mouth legends have been well edited. Would they have shared their fears or bragged a little to give themselves courage? Yes.

I hope I can do a book about this story. Then I hope to be edited and improved upon so that the most amounts of readers over time will have the most pleasure. I know my writing does not lend itself directly to a book that can be speed-read, so I will probably need a co-writer. I once had a best selling co-writer do the "Odyssey of the Sea Turtle" and his proposal took out all of the flaws, angst, contradictions, flights of fantasy, illuminations and fire. It was no longer me, but I figured he and the literary agent knew what they were doing. Twelve publishers rejected it and we gave up.

Yes, I hope to be edited: That will make me more normal and help me adjust to the life on the shore within society. In the meantime, lets go wild! We have a great story here! Everybody can make big hearts in all kinds of ways. Let's do what no one else has done and share it live.

No physical thing is as powerful as the revelation of our souls all together. The whole world is watching. We are making it a better place for humanity and all creation. We say Love, Love, Love, when ever, wherever and how ever we want, out loud because it feels great. Boogaloo my baby now, live, unedited!

Thursday, 13 August 2009 Letter from Edna Fiedler

Thank you for your message. As Al comments in another email, he and I have been writing and working together for some years now. The endeavor begun by you and Soanya and which you are now completing is indeed amazing. Your voyage will be an inspiration for all future explorers. Today is a time of economic and social uncertainty, and even those who choose not to go to the physical extremes that you have chosen can take heart in your demonstration of how the human psyche can thrive despite unbelievable obstacles.

Cordially,

Edna

Edna Fiedler, Ph.D.

National Space Biomedical Research Institute

"Fiedler, Edna R." < \n efiedler@bcm.tmc.edu This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it >

My daughter spent an entire, rainy weekend in a refrigerator box only leaving to "use the potty" and grab snacks from the pantry. She was 4. I suppose she gets points taken off for resupply, but if Edna's interested, I can send her the crayon drawings my daughter made during her adventure.

The "unbelievable obstacles"......hmmmmm..... Would that be the encounter with a Maersk freighter or running out of quarters for the condom machine?

Bingo, Bango, Boogaloo,

Don Ho

PS - Actually found this -- Link (NVH)

3818904863_d0ee453d0d_o.jpg

The wolf idiot says:

I've thought of that, but I don't think it's true. Two hundred years ago, piracy could be found around the world, and the only safe shipping lanes were the ones carefully monitored by the large navies. Pirates were even hired by the crown and to take to the seas without some form of protection would be unheard of. Today, massive freighters travel nearly every corner of the Earth with little more protection than a VHF radio and maybe some condoms for the skeleton crew. There are exceptions, like Somalia, the coast of Brazil, a few other spots in the Indian Ocean, but in general, the world's waters are safe for a reason, and it has nothing to do with "patriotism."

That is undoubtedly one of the most stupid comments on this thread....... You, Wolfthing are totally full of shit!

post-28042-1250231283_thumb.png

3804306210_964da01b07_o.jpg

"I realize I must change the prayer again, because all of God's creation is praying through me." - Reid Stowe

:lol: CScow! Brother Love Weed is on pace to rate the list of great moments in Evangelistic absurdity.........

"I believe that if Jesus were alive today he'd be on TV." ~ Jim Bakker

"When I opened my eyes, there he stood... some 900 feet tall, looking at me..." ~ Jesus visits Oral Roberts

"The Lord told me it's flat none of your business." ~ Jimmy Swaggart after being busted with a 2nd hooker

Then the goddess, flashing-eyed Athena, spoke to him, and said: [230] “Telemachus, what a word has escaped the barrier of thy teeth! Easily might a god

who willed it bring a man safe home, even from afar. But for myself, I had rather endure many grievous toils ere I reached home and saw the day of my

returning, than after my return be slain at my hearth, as Agamemnon [235] was slain by the guile of Aegisthus and of his own wife. But of a truth death that is

common to all1 the gods themselves cannot ward from a man they love, when the fell fate of grievous death shall strike him down.” Then wise Telemachus

answered her: [240] “Mentor, no longer let us tell of these things despite our grief. For him no return can ever more be brought to pass; nay, ere this the

immortals have devised for him death and black fate. But now I would make enquiry and ask Nestor regarding another matter, since beyond all others he

knows judgments and wisdom; [245] for thrice, men say, has he been king for a generation of men, and like unto an immortal he seems to me to look upon.

Nestor, son of Neleus, do thou tell me truly: how was the son of Atreus, wide-ruling Agamemnon, slain? Where was Menelaus? What death did [250] guileful

Aegisthus plan for the king, since he slew a man mightier far than himself? Was Menelaus not in Achaean Argos, but wandering elsewhere among men, so that

Aegisthus took heart and did the murderous deed?” Then the horseman, Nestor of Gerenia, answered him: “Then verily, my child, will I tell thee all the truth.

[255] Lo, of thine own self thou dost guess how this matter would have fallen out, if the son of Atreus, fair-haired Menelaus, on his return from Troy had found

Aegisthus in his halls alive. Then for him not even in death would they have piled the up-piled earth, but the dogs and birds would have torn him [260] as he lay

on the plain far from the city, nor would any of the Achaean women have bewailed him; for monstrous was the deed he devised. We on our part abode there in

Troy fulfilling our many toils; but he, at ease in a nook of horse-pasturing Argos, ever sought to beguile with words the wife of Agamemnon. [265] Now at the

first she put from her the unseemly deed, the beautiful Clytemnestra, for she had an understanding heart; and with her was furthermore a minstrel whom the

son of Atreus straitly charged, when he set forth for the land of Troy, to guard his wife. But when at length the doom of the gods bound her that she should be

overcome, [270] then verily Aegisthus took the minstrel to a desert isle and left him to be the prey and spoil of birds; and her, willing as he was willing, he led

to his own house. And many thigh-pieces he burned upon the holy altars of the gods, and many offerings he hung up, woven stuffs and gold, [275] since he had

accomplished a mighty deed beyond all his heart had hoped.

SYCOPHANT FLASHBACK:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15, 2006

I had moved onboard temporarily Saturday morning to be able to put in more time working without commuting back and forth from the city. Worked that day, then went to a "Mission Control" meeting of the board of volunteer computer whizzes that keep the project moving through their generous efforts of time, expertise, fund raising and financial contributions, and an incredible "Christmas" party later in a high-rise apartment with incredible views of the Hudson River on Saturday night. The well stocked festivities were replete with ever flowing excellent drink and food, the glitterati of Manhattan, an opera singer, investment banker, a corporate lawyer, a fashion designer, an interior designer, all in all an exceedingly rare assortment of the beautiful and accomplished. People were still coming to the party as we were leaving about 2:30 a.m. Sunday night the singer Moby came over for dinner onboard with ten friends, along with Reid's good friend, the charismatic Carter, the head programmer of the Hayden Planetarium, who also brought the President of the National Space Center in Washington, who became so enthused with the project and Reid's passion and charisma that he canceled his flight back to DC that night to stay and talk longer, and took the last train out of Penn Station back to Washington instead. The tie in with space travel is the similarity with the solitude of the environment, the isolation of long distance interstellar space travel and long distance sailing, especially multiple circumnavigations, many similar psychological aspects of a high performance environment in an isolated extended voyage. The passion and incredible goals of the endeavor are catching. Of course, I packed so much for a weekend that I could barely heft my sea bag, I cannot imagine three years. Two words which I kept repeating to myself over and over the first time I drove back from the boat. If you've read the website, you see he has already taken this boat to the Antarctic for six months (I wish I had known him then and gone) with 8 friends, and sailed out of sight of land in the Atlantic for 200 days, among many other adventures over a quarter century of exploration. A very unique and adventurous individual, all the more rare in this day and age, and all the more commendable and to be admired for seeking such an extended exploration in this age of endless comfort, corruption, and luxury.

SYCOPHANT FLASHBACK:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15, 2006

I had moved onboard temporarily Saturday morning to be able to put in more time working without commuting back and forth from the city. Worked that day, then went to a "Mission Control" meeting of the board of volunteer computer whizzes that keep the project moving through their generous efforts of time, expertise, fund raising and financial contributions, and an incredible "Christmas" party later in a high-rise apartment with incredible views of the Hudson River on Saturday night. The well stocked festivities were replete with ever flowing excellent drink and food, the glitterati of Manhattan, an opera singer, investment banker, a corporate lawyer, a fashion designer, an interior designer, all in all an exceedingly rare assortment of the beautiful and accomplished. People were still coming to the party as we were leaving about 2:30 a.m. Sunday night the singer Moby came over for dinner onboard with ten friends, along with Reid's good friend, the charismatic Carter, the head programmer of the Hayden Planetarium, who also brought the President of the National Space Center in Washington, who became so enthused with the project and Reid's passion and charisma that he canceled his flight back to DC that night to stay and talk longer, and took the last train out of Penn Station back to Washington instead. The tie in with space travel is the similarity with the solitude of the environment, the isolation of long distance interstellar space travel and long distance sailing, especially multiple circumnavigations, many similar psychological aspects of a high performance environment in an isolated extended voyage. The passion and incredible goals of the endeavor are catching. Of course, I packed so much for a weekend that I could barely heft my sea bag, I cannot imagine three years. Two words which I kept repeating to myself over and over the first time I drove back from the boat. If you've read the website, you see he has already taken this boat to the Antarctic for six months (I wish I had known him then and gone) with 8 friends, and sailed out of sight of land in the Atlantic for 200 days, among many other adventures over a quarter century of exploration. A very unique and adventurous individual, all the more rare in this day and age, and all the more commendable and to be admired for seeking such an extended exploration in this age of endless comfort, corruption, and luxury.

And your point is pip? What, that you wanted to be at that party, see Moby and his grapes? Or that had RD been there, even he would have enjoyed himself in the company of Reid and FOR. (friends of reid)? You jealous pipper? Or just wanna casually malign the good times of yore when ye old sailor'ssoul Reid Stowe was yet onshore?

I get it, you're looking back with nostalgia and thinking you shoulda stowed away onboard Anne for these almost 9 hundred days, right?

Should anyone be concerned that he appears to be cutting up his navigation charts to make faux 60s concert promotional posters casting himself as the star?

Can some of FOR give him a message and ask which charts he was cutting up and make sure he has the ones required to drift back home?

Thanks,

Should anyone be concerned that he appears to be cutting up his navigation charts to make faux 60s concert promotional posters casting himself as the star?

Can some of FOR give him a message and ask which charts he was cutting up and make sure he has the ones required to drift back home?

Thanks,

Reid doesn't need any stinking charts!!! God and Love, Love, Love will show him the way...

Funny this was not there last night or this morning???

Grueling isolation study

Thursday, 13 August 2009 Letter from human factors researcher - Al Harrison

Ahoy Reid, I hope all remains well on the high seas and look forward to talking to you Sunday during our presentation at Moffet Field. Presumably you have received my e-mail on that by now.

Whereas I completely understand your point on the strengths and limitations of isolation chamber studies, my vote is that we need to follow many different avenues to get the information we need for a successful manned Mars mission. Field tests such as yours and carefully controlled chamber studies in Moscow, Houston or Oslo complement one another - you are risking life and limb, but the chamber studies give researchers a chance to do careful tests of selection and training procedures, and to test technology and procedures. There's a trade off between the two approaches. Although you are the one risking life and limb, I don't think participating in a grueling isolation study is all that easy.

The European Space Agency and the Russians have done many isolation chamber studies over the years and they have yielded interesting results. They have to get along with one another under conditions of isolation from family and friends and confinement, usually with all communiques run through mission control. Researchers at Russia's Institute for Biomedical Research and the ESA (for example, ESA's Gro Sandal) understand the limitation is that if worse comes to worst then you can simply walk away. But they can get useful quantitative and technical data that's hard to come by in field settings (Antractica, submarines, etc.)

Conditions can get rough in isolation chambers and tempers flare - the monotony there may be worse than at sea which provides useful natural diversions. I think the sense of communing with nature and onenness with humanity that you report would be hard to come by if you were in an isolation chamber! You are an extremely tough and fit individual, as are cosmonauts proven themselves again and again for almost sixty years.

I am not arguing for one research strategy over another, I am suggesting that we need both.

In each case, it is important to have long duration test runs - the two year test in Biosphere 2 revealed that full mission simulations are useful for revealing problems that are not evident over a period of a month or two. Only now with Jane Poynter's book ("The Human Experiment") are we becoming aware of the full extent of the problems that they had - atmosphere, food, and interpersonal relations, really serious stuff where long-term friendships fell apart. A month or two will not tell us what you need to know to go to Mars; Biosphere 2 was two years and you are going for the full three.

President Kennedy may have been more right than he realized when he referred to space as "this new ocean!" I am heading down to Mountain View tomorrow and look forward to talking to you on Sunday.

Cheers, Al "Albert Harrison"

"Albert Harrison" < \n aaharrison@ucdavis.edu This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it >

SYCOPHANT FLASHBACK:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15, 2006

And your point is pip? What, that you wanted to be at that party, see Moby and his grapes? Or that had RD been there, even he would have enjoyed himself in the company of Reid and FOR. (friends of reid)? You jealous pipper? Or just wanna casually malign the good times of yore when ye old sailor'ssoul Reid Stowe was yet onshore?

I get it, you're looking back with nostalgia and thinking you shoulda stowed away onboard Anne for these almost 9 hundred days, right?

Two points for Moby Grape reference. Now I have to go dig through my vinyl.

The wolf idiot says:

That is undoubtedly one of the most stupid comments on this thread....... You, Wolfthing are totally full of shit!

And your photo of a modern helm is supposed to somehow prove your unfounded statement? How does a bunch of navigation equipment translate to protection from pirates? Are they supposed to yank the GPS plotter from the console and throw it at the pirate ship? Does knowing that there is a storm 62 miles due North somehow give the captain some kind of magical ability to defend a hostile takeover of his or her ship?

If you think I'm wrong then step up and give me a rational debate like an intelligent human, not this half-baked, barely witty "Wolfthing" impotence.

So tell me 'Eurotrash,' tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me about the secret cupboards of stainless steel marine shotguns hidden away in the bridge of the Hawaii-to-Guam freighter. Tell me how the container ship with a crew of six men on the Tokyo to San Francisco route is going to somehow magically defend against non-existent pirates.

The truth is, YOU have no idea what you're writing because you're 100% WRONG, but to make it worse, you don't even seem to posess the intelligence to understand the debate in the first place. You are under the impression that a bunch of electronic navigation and weather equipment somehow equates to protection from piracy, as if a radar can somehow see a 12-foot fiberglass skiff filled with half-starved yes-men with Russian assualt rifles.

I'll restate so that you can solidify your untenable position and attempt to make a run at self-justification:

Thousands of freighters with billions of dollars of cargo make thousands of runs around the world with barely more protection than a sidearm and often with less than ten crew. These freighters can operate in most waters with such nonexistent protection because 95% (or more) of the world's trade routes are safe from piracy due national efforts by hundreds of countries who have pointedly made an effort to eliminate piracy.

And I'm sorry to be rude to you, but I've never been terribly amused by foul-mouthed pseudonymic posters of questionable forensic skills.

Do I detect a little craziness in his eyes here??

844-020.jpg

Day 844 - August 14, 2009

Winds S, 10 knots, Course NW, Speed 1.6 knots, Position 48*14n by 15*08w

Converted Jib and Little Things

After many modifications we have the roller furling jib converted to a hank-on sail and flying. She sets fairly well under the circumstances. First of all, the repaired bowsprit is too short and does not move the sail far enough out for a good balance for the schooner. I still feel lucky that it is just enough to work well.

Because the sails are too close together there is drag in the airflow between them and this shows up in a rippling along the bottom edge of the sail. The back edge, or leech of the sail has had two complete blowouts. After the process of making those repairs of the stretched and shredded material, the back edge is not a perfect flat wing. The true test of the ability of the sail will come when the wind gets strong.

I took down the roller furling unit and its headstay and now there is more room for the sail to blow through when we tack. I still have to go forward, stand on the very bow and pull the sail through to get it to the other side. I am happy it is working. Now I have the old working jib spread out in the sail temple and am making a variety of repairs and putting some new hanks on.

Today I lowered some sail and we are back in our sacred side slipping mode. Years ago a part of me said I'll sail around the world three times. Another part of me said look here now, see that. I began more and more to follow the voice that felt true to me. One was a voice in me coming from a materialistic society that made me feel I must do things to conform. Another voice said to be true to yourself. Go into the unknown. Create action that throws a new light of love on your life.

Though I felt that this is not what society expected or wanted me to do, I stalled the schooner into the wind and gazed down into the blue and then I looked around and felt overwhelmed with love. Remembering that "out of sight of land" seamanship comes first, I turned to my work and loved the work and rearranged our satellite tracking antenna so it was in a safer position.

I washed the salt crust off of the solar panels, so more energy would come in. I sewed more chaffing gear on the big main boom preventer and contemplated how eternity lay hidden and existed in all these little things.

Decided not to do three circumnavigations because he knows but won't admit that he is damn lucky to have completed one.

Thankfully Stowe isn't materialistic so he doesn't need any further donations.

Looks a little like Kramer in the last pic.

The guy has a lifelong history of not honoring commitments, be they to the law, his three ex-wives, his children, and now his MISSION proclamations and promises... nothing new there, but yeah, how nice to now insult the very society he's relied on to support him (and his spawn) all these years.

The guy has a lifelong history of not honoring commitments, be they to the law, his three ex-wives, his children, and now his MISSION proclamations and promises... nothing new there, but yeah, how nice to now insult the very society he's relied on to support him (and his spawn) all these years.

Well one of his life long commitments was to build and sail a boat for 1000days. I'd say he's held that one up. :lol:

The wolf idiot says:

And your photo of a modern helm is supposed to somehow prove your unfounded statement? How does a bunch of navigation equipment translate to protection from pirates? Are they supposed to yank the GPS plotter from the console and throw it at the pirate ship? Does knowing that there is a storm 62 miles due North somehow give the captain some kind of magical ability to defend a hostile takeover of his or her ship?

If you think I'm wrong then step up and give me a rational debate like an intelligent human, not this half-baked, barely witty "Wolfthing" impotence.

So tell me 'Eurotrash,' tell me why I'm wrong. Tell me about the secret cupboards of stainless steel marine shotguns hidden away in the bridge of the Hawaii-to-Guam freighter. Tell me how the container ship with a crew of six men on the Tokyo to San Francisco route is going to somehow magically defend against non-existent pirates.

The truth is, YOU have no idea what you're writing because you're 100% WRONG, but to make it worse, you don't even seem to posess the intelligence to understand the debate in the first place. You are under the impression that a bunch of electronic navigation and weather equipment somehow equates to protection from piracy, as if a radar can somehow see a 12-foot fiberglass skiff filled with half-starved yes-men with Russian assualt rifles.

I'll restate so that you can solidify your untenable position and attempt to make a run at self-justification:

Thousands of freighters with billions of dollars of cargo make thousands of runs around the world with barely more protection than a sidearm and often with less than ten crew. These freighters can operate in most waters with such nonexistent protection because 95% (or more) of the world's trade routes are safe from piracy due national efforts by hundreds of countries who have pointedly made an effort to eliminate piracy.

And I'm sorry to be rude to you, but I've never been terribly amused by foul-mouthed pseudonymic posters of questionable forensic skills.

Contrary to you I sail those waters monthly you so smug talk about from the safety of your chair in whereever you are in the middle of nowhere and far away from any real water. Under normal circumstances and if I was "talking" to a normal person I would be happy to oblige and explain but in your case I will decline as I believe you are only on this thread to boost your lack of self esteem and the psycho in you. I do not think you are interested in the answers I have to give but only want to express another of your "theories". You Wolfidiot are so unbelievable full of shit your eyes should be brown, your comments annoy me to no end and I will not give you the satisfaction of using me.

you back on ignore

Hi J, I think he was just joking when he wrote about "society" not wanting him to stall his tub for a few minutes to contemplate things. Obviously "society" could care less about that.

in your case I will decline as I believe you are only on this thread to boost your lack of self esteem and the psycho in you. I do not think you are interested in the answers I have to give but only want

Relax there Eurotrash, it's obvious that you just shot off because you didn't read my response and were eager to post a picture of your employer's helm. I vaguely remember that you captain some kind of cargo ship from some other threads. Clearly there is no disagreement between us ... we both know that most 2009 cargo routes are safe from piracy where that wouldn't have been the case in 1809

to express another of your "theories". You Wolfidiot are so unbelievable full of shit your eyes should be brown, your comments annoy me to no end and I will not give you the satisfaction of using me.

you back on ignore

You seem to be terribly fond of cursing like a longshoreman which further strenthens your position of knowing about running cargo through multiple international trade routes. So I'll give you that.

But if I so annoy you why would you take me off of ignore in the first place?

Well one of his life long commitments was to build and sail a boat for 1000days.

3826674196_2bb1eab9fb_o.jpg

The Voyage About Nothing!! Perfect!! :lol: Minor correction, CScow ~ I'm pretty sure 10 knots rates as a GALE on the Anne's Weed-o-Meter.

846.jpg

Day 846 - August 16, 2009

Wind S, 15 knots, Course NW, Speed 1.2 knots, Position 4*41n by 15*48w

Poetic Sponsors

Since our sponsors run businesses of course they are intellectually occupied people with material goals in mind. I am grateful they have the belief and courage to enter into the unknown with us. What surprises me is that they also have a poetic side. I have received letters from many of them and their insights and poetry astound me.

They are not afraid to let out their own deep cosmically pervading love. Business people, doctors, computer geeks and electrical wizards send their support in a language that makes since to me out here in the sacred space on the engulfing ocean, where deep thoughts are more buoyant than shallow ones. Anytime someone writes in, especially someone who is helping and they express their understanding; that helps the mission.

When they identify and create towards me then I am uplifted and see all around and feel that what is meant to be is happening. Nancy represents Parmigiano Reggiano, my favorite cheese which lasts indefinitely.

She writes, "I follow your writings everyday. Your piece today (Zen Sailing) reminded me of poet Conrad Aiken who is buried in Bonaventure cemetary and who requested that his tombstone read 'Cosmos Mariner Destination Unknown'. Evidently he saw a shipping list in the newspaper that listed all the names of freighters and their destinations. This one with no destination spoke to him more than all the others who were presumably 'going somewhere'. You are our Cosmos Mariner-living fully and fearlessly because you trust completely in the Unknown Destination. Sending you Love, Nancy."

This letter supports my style of sailing, brings new light on it and helps make it more clear. We all are working together to bring a more poetic, spiritual outlook to the world.

846.jpg

Day 846 - August 16, 2009

Wind S, 15 knots, Course NW, Speed 1.2 knots, Position 4*41n by 15*48w

Poetic Sponsors

Since our sponsors run businesses of course they are intellectually occupied people with material goals in mind. I am grateful they have the belief and courage to enter into the unknown with us. What surprises me is that they also have a poetic side. I have received letters from many of them and their insights and poetry astound me.

They are not afraid to let out their own deep cosmically pervading love. Business people, doctors, computer geeks and electrical wizards send their support in a language that makes since to me out here in the sacred space on the engulfing ocean, where deep thoughts are more buoyant than shallow ones. Anytime someone writes in, especially someone who is helping and they express their understanding; that helps the mission.

When they identify and create towards me then I am uplifted and see all around and feel that what is meant to be is happening. Nancy represents Parmigiano Reggiano, my favorite cheese which lasts indefinitely.

She writes, "I follow your writings everyday. Your piece today (Zen Sailing) reminded me of poet Conrad Aiken who is buried in Bonaventure cemetary and who requested that his tombstone read 'Cosmos Mariner Destination Unknown'. Evidently he saw a shipping list in the newspaper. that listed all the names of freighters and their destinations. This one with no destination spoke to him more than all the others who were presumably 'going somewhere'. You are our Cosmos Mariner-living fully and fearlessly because you trust completely in the Unknown Destination. Sending you Love, Nancy."

This letter supports my style of sailing, brings new light on it and helps make it more clear. We all are working together to bring a more poetic, spiritual outlook to the world.

Nothing hidden in this we didn't already know about. Will his cheese last a 1000 days though?

Must be on the nose by now!

achille-mauzan-bertozzi-parmigiano-reggiano.jpg

I only periodically check in on this train wreck of a thread....

but is there any chance that Hurricane Bill could put an end to our little explorer out there?

Or at least get his boat speed above 2 knots for once?

Because the sails are too close together there is drag in the airflow between them and this shows up in a rippling along the bottom edge of the sail.

WTF???????? What "air flow"? He's drifting. I guess he's never heard of the slot?

"Ripples" along the foot means that the sail is not trimmed properly. Probably due to trying to run the wrong sail on the wrong forestay, after making hack "repairs".

This is TFR.

I only periodically check in on this train wreck of a thread....

but is there any chance that Hurricane Bill could put an end to our little explorer out there?

He'll be in-path of about three big storms before the season is out. He'll manage, and it should do a bit to finally bolster his sailing creds in this thread.

I'm always amazed at the type of personalities that seem to handle the storms. My friend Bill Dietrich on his boat Magnolia in the Bahama has made it through two big hurricanes and a handful of smaller ones. He isn't the image of sailor ... more like the image of computer geek. But stick him out in a hurricane with a few tons of fiberglass and he just survives where others don't.

He'll be in-path of about three big storms before the season is out. He'll manage, and it should do a bit to finally bolster his sailing creds in this thread.

Mike you cannot possibly have been paying any attention here if you can include a sentence with bolster, sailing cred, and Stowe in the same sentence in this the Couple Cruise for blah blah blah forum of insanity. This thread of doom, train wreck of anarchic bullshit, where props be-Stowed r none, and none are pro-stowing away.

Mikey, the man's been around the Horn more than one, he's been to and fro the Antarctic continent & in a 100 mph blow while there. There's no way in hell that being hit by any more storms for your man will increase the admiration of his endless detractors and wildly loudmouthed disdainers in this endless exercise of fake anarchy and ego boosting idiocy.

GIVE IT UP MIKEY!

MAKE LOVE NOT FAKE ANARCHY WAR.

Mike you cannot possibly have been paying any attention here if you can include a sentence with bolster, sailing cred, and Stowe in the same sentence in this the Couple Cruise for blah blah blah forum of insanity. This thread of doom, train wreck of anarchic bullshit, where props be-Stowed r none, and none are pro-stowing away.

Mikey, the man's been around the Horn more than one, he's been to and fro the Antarctic continent & in a 100 mph blow while there. There's no way in hell that being hit by any more storms for your man will increase the admiration of his endless detractors and wildly loudmouthed disdainers in this endless exercise of fake anarchy and ego boosting idiocy.

GIVE IT UP MIKEY!

Has Weed been around the Horn more than once? Whatever.

We are less disdainers, more skeptics. Stowe should put us in our place and do another quick lap of the planet for the hell of it. Even his hero Moitessier did his lap plus the sail to Paradise in less than a year.

Aside from what some perceive as character flaws, a sailing community would be more supportive of Stowe's efforts if he actually sailed and spent less time portraying his motionless state as adventurous voyaging.

GIVE IT UP MIKEY!

We are less disdainers, more skeptics. Stowe should put us in our place and do another quick lap of the planet for the hell of it. Even his hero Moitessier did his lap plus the sail to Paradise in less than a year.

Aside from what some perceive as character flaws, a sailing community would be more supportive of Stowe's efforts if he actually sailed and spent less time portraying his motionless state as adventurous voyaging.

And also explained why this educational voyage of scientific study for humanity and space exploration has simply become the "Love Voyage" with little or no value to any but a handful of friends and new-age, hippie wannabes.

Had Reid simply stated that he was an ex-con, deadbeat dad that wanted to set a world record and send back positive vibes of love, this thread would probably have died shortly after his departure. The absolute bull shit in his posts are too odd/funny/TFR not to garner some attention. And that's what Reid wants, right?

RW - Reid claims to have experienced 100MPH on his way back from the hot tub picnic at that Russian outpost. Do you have info that says he experienced that gust of wind while he was snugly anchored in the harbor? Was the reading taken from their weather station or by Reid's conservative estimate based on the volume of shit in his pants. After all, he appears not to have had any way to accurately measure windspeed.

GIVE IT UP MIKEY!

And also explained why this educational voyage of scientific study for humanity and space exploration has simply become the "Love Voyage" with little or no value to any but a handful of friends and new-age, hippie wannabes.

Had Reid simply stated that he was an ex-con, deadbeat dad that wanted to set a world record and send back positive vibes of love, this thread would probably have died shortly after his departure. The absolute bull shit in his posts are too odd/funny/TFR not to garner some attention. And that's what Reid wants, right?

RW - Reid claims to have experienced 100MPH on his way back from the hot tub picnic at that Russian outpost. Do you have info that says he experienced that gust of wind while he was snugly anchored in the harbor? Was the reading taken from their weather station or by Reid's conservative estimate based on the volume of shit in his pants. After all, he appears not to have had any way to accurately measure windspeed.

It's been almost two years since I posted in this thread. Haven't really followed what's been happening. I do know

he got the girl prego, I know he rounded the horn. Any highlights since then? Has he bothered to shovel his bottom recently?

Thanks...

GIVE IT UP MIKEY!

It's been almost two years since I posted in this thread. Haven't really followed what's been happening. I do know

he got the girl prego, I know he rounded the horn. Any highlights since then? Has he bothered to shovel his bottom recently?

Thanks...

Highlights?....

the so called Mars Ocean Odyssey, a serious scientific mission is now the hippy-dippy, love boat, new age grifter drift-athon.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Except that some of us pay attention, to call attention to his scamming grifter-drifter ways, so that hopefully the non-sailors who adore him will possibly understand that he is really just a phony-baloney clown seeking attention...

GIVE IT UP MIKEY!

RW, you sound like one of Reid's he-bitches having a sissy fit because someone dis'd your idol. We can see you're Reid's cheerleader. Step away form your pom-poms. Your idol's a clown. We come here to laugh. We laugh alot.

Screwing up his charts has already been covered several times on this thread.

I am particularly fascinated by how he seems to enjoy smearing his chart-art with feces.

That's gotta lend a distinctive atmosphere to the ambiance belowdeck.

RW, you sound like one of Reid's he-bitches having a sissy fit because someone dis'd your idol. We can see you're Reid's cheerleader. Step away form your pom-poms. Your idol's a clown. We come here to laugh. We laugh alot.

That is an insult to clowns.