• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

fucking hell.

has this stupid prick not finished yet?

Was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't he have sank by now? Or run into a container? Or jumped overboard in madness? SOMEthing??

For those of us who haven't been paying close enough attention, when is the 1,000 days up?

And yes, interesting indeed Lonelyboy15 that men contracted VD from women, but never the other way around.

"Blossom must not ever fly from bee, to bee, to bee." (name that musical) :lol:

A woman is like a blossom with honey for just one man. The man must be like the honey bee, and gather all he can. To fly from blossom to blossom, the honey bee must be free. But blossom must not ever fly from bee to bee to bee.

yul2.jpg

The Dude just broke 850 days at sea. That's a big deal. SA should have him on the front page, cmon people wtf?!

Congratulations Reid, you're doing a fine job out the <_<:rolleyes::o re!

post-1557-1251006849_thumb.jpg

850 Days at Sea - August 20, 2009

Saturday, 22 August 2009 PRESS RELEASE: 8/20/2009

August 20, 2009: In "A Voyage of Heart", Sailor and performance artist Reid Stowe reaches day 850 of his planned 1000 Days Mars Ocean Odyssey.

"I sail and write for those who have embarked upon quests with open hearts and a longing for oneness... The human society part of me says, 'You must go, set a course.' The divine searcher side of me says, 'Pray here for a while, this is your place, your moment. Love sets the course.'"

In one of history's greatest athletic and psychological endurance feats, Reid Stowe passed day 850 of a planned 1000 days nonstop on his self-built 70-foot 60-ton Schooner Anne on August 20, 2009. In a world consumed by issues of ecology, energy and economy, Stowe's endurance challenge is a story of careful planning and spirituality versus nature on the high seas. The Schooner Anne left Hoboken, New Jersey, on April 21, 2007 with three years of food and supplies, and the plan is to not port nor resupply for at least another 150 days while remaining out of sight of land.

Stowe sees the project as a space analogous expedition because the voyage involves the same length of time as a round trip to Mars and poses similar human psychological endurance issues. He published an article in 1990 entitled "Seafarers of today provide a role model for spacefarers of tomorrow", with the author Al Harrison. On Day 715 (April 7, 2009) he and Mr. Harrison participated in the NASA CONTACT conference on space travel and psychology.

He also views his quest as "A Voyage of Heart". On day 749, the performance artist completed a deliberate course drawing of a heart in the ocean with his satellite path and dedicated it as a valentine to the mother of his son Darshen, Soanya Ahmad, who was his sailing partner for 305 of the 850 days. This wasn't the first time Stowe had sailed shapes on the world's oceans.

In 1996, on a 198-day preparation for his current trip, the performance artist chose to "draw" a sea turtle, symbolic of his schooner's slow pace and to foster sensitivity to endangered sea and land species. Last October, while slowed for repairs, he was delighted to discover he had by chance drawn the path of a whale in the Pacific. The Schooner Anne's present sailpath is verified by mettrac metocean satellite.

Stowe has been in constant battle with physical exhaustion and joint and muscle fatigue. A dedicated spiritualist and yogi, he has had visions of the Divine help him cope with the extreme physical strains and wear of continually singlehanding such a large traditional sailing craft. His fingers have been worn by sewing his self-designed sails, and his foreams have endured tacking 100-pound booms as well as other extensive daily craft maintenance.

***************** MORE *****************

Twenty-five plus years in the planning, the first 850 days of the journey have been eventful. On day 15, the Anne lost her steel bowsprit in a freighter collision. Stowe spent nearly 125 days repairing the front of his boat to provide sufficient support for its two sixteen-inch diameter 65-foot tall Danish fir masts. Forced to repair his sails constantly, Stowe lost his desalinator unit on day 455. He paused to collect fresh rainwater twice since, and refit sails to balance the schooner's path into the wind.

On day 800, he reported to shore technical staff that systems were functioning normally, and food was holding out well. In all he has still found the inspiration and time to paint and create art in the past 50 days. Many follow his story from his blog, published to his website (http://www.1000days.net) Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/1kd) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/1000DaysOceanOdyssey) by shore "Mission Control" and friends.

"I have always seen my journeys into the wilderness of the sea as a spiritual quest. My mission is to inspire the world while using love to adapt to living with the forces of the sea. As a spirit I feel like a Native American who survives alone as an initiation, a hermit in a cave in the mountains, the monk who takes a 1000-day walk or an Aborigine on walkabout. I could put up full sail and 'schoon' somewhere in no hurry, but we are perfectly happy where we are. Being here inspires and challenges me in many ways.

"I have to worry about any eventuality, and have to be constantly on watch, by chart or by my visual perceptions of things. There are a multitude of potential risks out here for me, some imagined and some real. I have a growing desire to know God. Yoga has been a great aid to me as a sailor because it gives me endurance and keeps me light, flexible, strong and agile: it tunes me into the sea so that I adapt, anticipate and react in a more aware way. It is not just the Hatha Yoga exercises that are important: All the different yoga practices are. I practice Pranayama Yoga, the breathing exercises to purify, charge and direct my energy. I practice Kundalini Yoga to wake up the latent life force in my body. And most of all, I practice Bhakti Yoga, which is the yoga of love and devotion to our divine essence.

"As I move from one place to the next, I sideslip trying to conserve my energy, remembering my gratefulness and impermanence. The objective is to know our place in the universe better and to make a transformation from a faulty, wordly creature into a spiritual being. I gaze out in every direction again and again at all hours of the day and night with reverence and longing and I see God in every direction.

"One day I will again have to reorient myself to the world and choose the best course for my abilities. For the time being, I dissolve in the grace of the sacred sideslip. I pray for my faithful food, the living vibrant sprouts and the fish that feed me. The winds and seas and wildlife follow me seemingly saying, 'Save us'. I say, 'Take me where you will, I'm seaworthy.'" (From his captain's logs at http://www.1000days.net; for more information, write \n press@1000days.net. This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it For a complete listing of key sail dates, consult http://1000days.net/home/index.php?option=...amp;Itemid=110)

-------------------------------------- END [30] ----------------------------------------

850-028.jpg

Day 850 - August 20, 2009

Wind S, 10 knots, Course NW, Speed 1 knot, Position 5*22n by 16*26w

Christmas Tree Effervescence

A few days ago before I dropped the mainsail we sailed through a night of the most amazing phosphorescence I have ever seen. Shortly after dark green lights around the schooner began flashing on and off. They were about six feet in diameter and they flashed very brightly and then slowly dimmed down. They flashed all around us as far out as I could see. Obviously the flashing lights were not caused by the schooner or our school of fish.

The lights were so bright that I tried to film them with the video camera, but once again the wonders of the sea escaped being captured by my technical devices. I knew I would have to share this in words and a painted image, so I started looking at it with the artist's mind. My limited frontal vision changed to a spherical omnipresent vision and my being spread out with it.

It was a soft silky night and all the stars twinkled in a dark velvet sky. I could feel the stars touching me. The green phosphorescence around the schooner made me feel as if I were sailing in a Christmas tree of effervescent flashing lights with neon decorative mobile fish swimming around and through me.

I knew the phenomena could end and I didn't want to miss a moment, but I had to cook and eat dinner. After dinner it was still there and I climbed to a higher vantage point to see the green flashing further out. As always this time of night my body gets tired and prayers begin.

I lay down naked on cushions in the cockpit and fell asleep only to wake up again and marvel at the magnificence and the prayers of thankfulness that go on and on.

852.jpg

Day 852 - August 22, 2009

Wind S 10 knots, Course NW, Speed 1 knot, Position 5*37n by 16*58w

Goosenecks and Triggers

A month ago we started sailing South against the winds, not fast, but fast enough to leave our family of triggerfish behind. The mahi and cobia loped along with us often swimming very close to the hull to get a little lift from the forward motion of the schooner. The tuna schools come and go.

Within a few days I started to see gooseneck barnacles growing on the underwater window and the waterline of the schooner. In the course of a month they grew very thick on the waterline and less so on the underwater window, but they were fullgrown. When I dropped the mainsail and slowed down again, I got my big sharpened scraper and heavy duty pole rigged and spent the morning cleaning everything as far down as I could reach. The triggers can't eat the ones near the waterline because the boat always rolls the goosenecks up out of the water.

Once we slowed down, sure enough, the cute footlong leather-clad triggers swam up and started nibbling away. Often there are lots of them: The goosenecks grow less heavily further down where the underwater window is, so I figure if the underwater window is clean, so is the rest of the hull. I once swam under to verify that is true.

Triggies don't swim like normal fish, they ripple their fins and it is very comical: They swim up to the underwater window with their lips pulled back and their big buck teeth biting away, but they lose site of their target just before they get there and often miss. They end up eating a happy feast with a bit of work.

In the morning I gather my flying fish to eat and throw the extra ones back in and they float on the surface. The big fish are the first there and they reject the dead food, but the triggies swarm on it and kick up the water like piranhas. It is really funny because they appear so awkward and I laugh, Ho, Ho, Ho!, like an old man. Often 100 will converge and try to tear the dead fish out of each others mouths and the water boils and the schooner keeps sailing.

I watch from the stern as we sail away hoping they don't get lost, but soon, it is a race back to the mother ship. They look so funny racing back as fast as they can, that I laugh out loud like a little boy, Hee, hee, hee!

August 20, 2009: In "A Voyage of Heart", Sailor and performance artist Reid Stowe reaches day 850 of his planned 1000 Days Mars Ocean Odyssey.

"I sail and write for those who have embarked upon quests with open hearts and a longing for oneness... The human society part of me says, 'You must go, set a course.' The divine searcher side of me says, 'Pray here for a while, this is your place, your moment. Love sets the course.'"

In one of history's greatest athletic and psychological endurance feats, Reid Stowe passed day 850 of a planned 1000 days nonstop on his self-built 70-foot 60-ton Schooner Anne on August 20, 2009. In a world consumed by issues of ecology, energy and economy, Stowe's endurance challenge is a story of careful planning and spirituality versus nature on the high seas. The Schooner Anne left Hoboken, New Jersey, on April 21, 2007 with three years of food and supplies, and the plan is to not port nor resupply for at least another 150 days while remaining out of sight of land.

Stowe sees the project as a space analogous expedition because the voyage involves the same length of time as a round trip to Mars and poses similar human psychological endurance issues. He published an article in 1990 entitled "Seafarers of today provide a role model for spacefarers of tomorrow", with the author Al Harrison. On Day 715 (April 7, 2009) he and Mr. Harrison participated in the NASA CONTACT conference on space travel and psychology.

He also views his quest as "A Voyage of Heart". On day 749, the performance artist completed a deliberate course drawing of a heart in the ocean with his satellite path and dedicated it as a valentine to the mother of his son Darshen, Soanya Ahmad, who was his sailing partner for 305 of the 850 days. This wasn't the first time Stowe had sailed shapes on the world's oceans.

In 1996, on a 198-day preparation for his current trip, the performance artist chose to "draw" a sea turtle, symbolic of his schooner's slow pace and to foster sensitivity to endangered sea and land species. Last October, while slowed for repairs, he was delighted to discover he had by chance drawn the path of a whale in the Pacific. The Schooner Anne's present sailpath is verified by mettrac metocean satellite.

Stowe has been in constant battle with physical exhaustion and joint and muscle fatigue. A dedicated spiritualist and yogi, he has had visions of the Divine help him cope with the extreme physical strains and wear of continually singlehanding such a large traditional sailing craft. His fingers have been worn by sewing his self-designed sails, and his foreams have endured tacking 100-pound booms as well as other extensive daily craft maintenance.

Twenty-five plus years in the planning, the first 850 days of the journey have been eventful. On day 15, the Anne lost her steel bowsprit in a freighter collision. Stowe spent nearly 125 days repairing the front of his boat to provide sufficient support for its two sixteen-inch diameter 65-foot tall Danish fir masts. Forced to repair his sails constantly, Stowe lost his desalinator unit on day 455. He paused to collect fresh rainwater twice since, and refit sails to balance the schooner's path into the wind.

On day 800, he reported to shore technical staff that systems were functioning normally, and food was holding out well. In all he has still found the inspiration and time to paint and create art in the past 50 days. Many follow his story from his blog, published to his website (http://www.1000days.net) Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/1kd) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/1000DaysOceanOdyssey) by shore "Mission Control" and friends.

"I have always seen my journeys into the wilderness of the sea as a spiritual quest. My mission is to inspire the world while using love to adapt to living with the forces of the sea. As a spirit I feel like a Native American who survives alone as an initiation, a hermit in a cave in the mountains, the monk who takes a 1000-day walk or an Aborigine on walkabout. I could put up full sail and 'schoon' somewhere in no hurry, but we are perfectly happy where we are. Being here inspires and challenges me in many ways.

"I have to worry about any eventuality, and have to be constantly on watch, by chart or by my visual perceptions of things. There are a multitude of potential risks out here for me, some imagined and some real. I have a growing desire to know God. Yoga has been a great aid to me as a sailor because it gives me endurance and keeps me light, flexible, strong and agile: it tunes me into the sea so that I adapt, anticipate and react in a more aware way. It is not just the Hatha Yoga exercises that are important: All the different yoga practices are. I practice Pranayama Yoga, the breathing exercises to purify, charge and direct my energy. I practice Kundalini Yoga to wake up the latent life force in my body. And most of all, I practice Bhakti Yoga, which is the yoga of love and devotion to our divine essence.

"As I move from one place to the next, I sideslip trying to conserve my energy, remembering my gratefulness and impermanence. The objective is to know our place in the universe better and to make a transformation from a faulty, wordly creature into a spiritual being. I gaze out in every direction again and again at all hours of the day and night with reverence and longing and I see God in every direction.

"One day I will again have to reorient myself to the world and choose the best course for my abilities. For the time being, I dissolve in the grace of the sacred sideslip. I pray for my faithful food, the living vibrant sprouts and the fish that feed me. The winds and seas and wildlife follow me seemingly saying, 'Save us'. I say, 'Take me where you will, I'm seaworthy.'" (From his captain's logs at http://www.1000days.net; for more information, write \n press@1000days.net. This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it For a complete listing of key sail dates, consult http://1000days.net/home/index.php?option=...amp;Itemid=110)

-------------------------------------- END [30] ----------------------------------------

850-028.jpg

A few days ago before I dropped the mainsail we sailed through a night of the most amazing phosphorescence I have ever seen. Shortly after dark green lights around the schooner began flashing on and off. They were about six feet in diameter and they flashed very brightly and then slowly dimmed down. They flashed all around us as far out as I could see. Obviously the flashing lights were not caused by the schooner or our school of fish.

The lights were so bright that I tried to film them with the video camera, but once again the wonders of the sea escaped being captured by my technical devices. I knew I would have to share this in words and a painted image, so I started looking at it with the artist's mind. My limited frontal vision changed to a spherical omnipresent vision and my being spread out with it.

It was a soft silky night and all the stars twinkled in a dark velvet sky. I could feel the stars touching me. The green phosphorescence around the schooner made me feel as if I were sailing in a Christmas tree of effervescent flashing lights with neon decorative mobile fish swimming around and through me.

I knew the phenomena could end and I didn't want to miss a moment, but I had to cook and eat dinner. After dinner it was still there and I climbed to a higher vantage point to see the green flashing further out. As always this time of night my body gets tired and prayers begin.

I lay down naked on cushions in the cockpit and fell asleep only to wake up again and marvel at the magnificence and the prayers of thankfulness that go on and on.

852.jpg

Goosenecks and Triggers

A month ago we started sailing South against the winds, not fast, but fast enough to leave our family of triggerfish behind. The mahi and cobia loped along with us often swimming very close to the hull to get a little lift from the forward motion of the schooner. The tuna schools come and go.

Within a few days I started to see gooseneck barnacles growing on the underwater window and the waterline of the schooner. In the course of a month they grew very thick on the waterline and less so on the underwater window, but they were fullgrown. When I dropped the mainsail and slowed down again, I got my big sharpened scraper and heavy duty pole rigged and spent the morning cleaning everything as far down as I could reach. The triggers can't eat the ones near the waterline because the boat always rolls the goosenecks up out of the water.

Once we slowed down, sure enough, the cute footlong leather-clad triggers swam up and started nibbling away. Often there are lots of them: The goosenecks grow less heavily further down where the underwater window is, so I figure if the underwater window is clean, so is the rest of the hull. I once swam under to verify that is true.

Triggies don't swim like normal fish, they ripple their fins and it is very comical: They swim up to the underwater window with their lips pulled back and their big buck teeth biting away, but they lose site of their target just before they get there and often miss. They end up eating a happy feast with a bit of work.

In the morning I gather my flying fish to eat and throw the extra ones back in and they float on the surface. The big fish are the first there and they reject the dead food, but the triggies swarm on it and kick up the water like piranhas. It is really funny because they appear so awkward and I laugh, Ho, Ho, Ho!, like an old man. Often 100 will converge and try to tear the dead fish out of each others mouths and the water boils and the schooner keeps sailing.

I watch from the stern as we sail away hoping they don't get lost, but soon, it is a race back to the mother ship. They look so funny racing back as fast as they can, that I laugh out loud like a little boy, Hee, hee, hee!

Billybud:

Hast ye gone to the other side mon? Are ye pimping for Stowe and massage control? Want a 1000 Days hat? Ye are the official news press agent for Stowe on SA, taking over the retired and seasick from too long contemplating being on a boat (she's never been before) Seawolfiemadwoman.

Nice work Bill. Keep it up.

850-028.jpg

852.jpg

Goosenecks and Triggers

Billybud:

Hast ye gone to the other side mon? Are ye pimping for Stowe and massage control? Want a 1000 Days hat? Ye are the official news press agent for Stowe on SA, taking over the retired and seasick from too long contemplating being on a boat (she's never been before) Seawolfiemadwoman.

post-1557-1251042459_thumb.jpg

Billybud:

I've probably been on way more boats and traveled many more miles on the water than you ever have, racingskank! Much more time on power boats than my Sailfish I used for ten years, but still on the water, swag.

That Press Release is pure Gold.

Actually more pure Brown.

Now he designed the sails too. Paging Doyle Sails. Still waiting for someone familiar with the ferrocement designs for hippies that were all the rage in the seventies to say that Tantra Schooner was built from stock plans. Can't see Weedy designing the boat and lofting the lines himself. Stowe eventually takes credit for everything.

is it possible that the growth actually improves the fairness of the cheese scows hull?

no.

rather hasty response MSG, please check data

post-1557-1251047379_thumb.jpg

if that's the hull, and i believe it is, it's a push

fucking hell.

has this stupid prick not finished yet?

Was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't he have sank by now? Or run into a container? Or jumped overboard in madness? SOMEthing??

For those of us who haven't been paying close enough attention, when is the 1,000 days up?

And yes, interesting indeed Lonelyboy15 that men contracted VD from women, but never the other way around.

"Blossom must not ever fly from bee, to bee, to bee." (name that musical) :lol:

A woman is like a blossom with honey for just one man. The man must be like the honey bee, and gather all he can. To fly from blossom to blossom, the honey bee must be free. But blossom must not ever fly from bee to bee to bee.

yul2.jpg

We have a winner! (dieyuppiescum?! sheesh) :lol:

So ... we're somewhere at 800 - 850 days, and now he's added another year?! Oh jeez.

Billybud:

I've probably been on way more boats and traveled many more miles on the water than you ever have, racingskank! Much more time on power boats than my Sailfish I used for ten years, but still on the water, swag.

----------

yeah, i kinda figured it must been stinkpotting hairyhoho. lotsa miles on yer sailfishie fer shure.

i'd stack up my n.m.'s on s/v's agin yer tits and yer stinkin' miles anyday and win by a circumnav

btw nice 1000 days hat there guy.

should sell em on SA

10 bucks a pop

rd- u still owe me a hat for winning the rs post alike con-test. you can buy me one o' those, i'd wear it happily.

Hat, hat, hat, hat, hat, hat, hat, hat, hat.

I need one just to somehow contain the size of my swollen head from getting my quote into RD's sig.

Billybud:

----------

yeah, i kinda figured it must been stinkpotting hairyhoho. lotsa miles on yer sailfishie fer shure.

i'd stack up my n.m.'s on s/v's agin yer tits and yer stinkin' miles anyday and win by a circumnav

should sell em on SA

10 bucks a pop

C'mon, Sailfish and powerboats count now? In that case, wouldn't any thin-hulled material which suspends a person above water for extended periods count as water-time?

If so, my bookie has all of y'all beat. About 54 years x 365 days x 10 hours a night = about 200,000 hours at sea and counting.

1098.jpg

He must still have some really good weed left after 850 days "without resupply or outside assistance", except for dumping his preggers GF in OZ....

854-007.jpg

Day 854 - August 24, 2009

Wind S, 10 knots, Course, WNW, Speed .7, Position 5*51n by17*34w

Returning to Special Places

We all love to go back to special places. They say you can never go back, we change, the special places change, but still we have our cherished memories and we want to go back and see if we can capture some of the magic that made those places special.

That is very much what I am doing now, returning to the places where I can wonder, wander and ramble, accepting my helplessness and dislocation on no path. Turning inward, this journey takes time, intuition, deep feeling, skill, knowledge, bravery, abandon, seamanship and some foolhardiness. It is a process of mixing everything up and surviving in spirit soup, on pilgrimage, with no instant success or finality.

I let go and return to the place of the frigate moon, the phosphorescent spectacles, the double sun haloes and the Christmas tree effervescence. I hope to find again the place where I felt the sea begin to pray up through me and where the stars reached down to touch me. All this magnificence has awaited my return. This is a fluid ever developing place, a great sea full of sunken treasures rising up to me. I might discover again an ocean of poignant memories and feel that no one has ever been this way before.

At night I sail naked and alone between such a dark velvet sky and a soft silky sea. There are no limits in this otherworldly search as my soul straddles the pressing little details and the eternal. So I turn back again convoluting the reason of men who live in time and think I should travel in a straight line fast to a place they know.

The commitment to the path of love and light is great and I know that within society I will be confronted and misunderstood for taking this course. Anyone who carries their freedom, odyssey and devotion to divinity to such a degree will be seen by most as a scandalous outcast.

Luckily there are many worldwide who understand and identify, so I am never alone and without love.

He must still have some really good weed left after 850 days "without resupply or outside assistance", except for dumping his preggers GF in OZ....

854-007.jpg

Day 854 - August 24, 2009

Wind S, 10 knots, Course, WNW, Speed .7, Position 5*51n by17*34w

Returning to Special Places

We all love to go back to special places. They say you can never go back, we change, the special places change, but still we have our cherished memories and we want to go back and see if we can capture some of the magic that made those places special.

That is very much what I am doing now, returning to the places where I can wonder, wander and ramble, accepting my helplessness and dislocation on no path. Turning inward, this journey takes time, intuition, deep feeling, skill, knowledge, bravery, abandon, seamanship and some foolhardiness. It is a process of mixing everything up and surviving in spirit soup, on pilgrimage, with no instant success or finality.

I let go and return to the place of the frigate moon, the phosphorescent spectacles, the double sun haloes and the Christmas tree effervescence. I hope to find again the place where I felt the sea begin to pray up through me and where the stars reached down to touch me. All this magnificence has awaited my return. This is a fluid ever developing place, a great sea full of sunken treasures rising up to me. I might discover again an ocean of poignant memories and feel that no one has ever been this way before.

At night I sail naked and alone between such a dark velvet sky and a soft silky sea. There are no limits in this otherworldly search as my soul straddles the pressing little details and the eternal. So I turn back again convoluting the reason of men who live in time and think I should travel in a straight line fast to a place they know.

The commitment to the path of love and light is great and I know that within society I will be confronted and misunderstood for taking this course. Anyone who carries their freedom, odyssey and devotion to divinity to such a degree will be seen by most as a scandalous outcast.

Luckily there are many worldwide who understand and identify, so I am never alone and without love.

This entry again sounds more like the work of one of the MC wonks. Not as amateurish or childish sounding as Weedo's regular offerings.

I see page 500 is almost here. Wasn’t it a tradition that 'Elle' posts her tits on major landmarks of this thread?

I hate messing with traditions. What happened to her? Did she get married or something?

Billybud:

----------

should sell em on SA

10 bucks a pop

C'mon, Sailfish and powerboats count now? In that case, wouldn't any thin-hulled material which suspends a person above water for extended periods count as water-time?

If so, my bookie has all of y'all beat. About 54 years x 365 days x 10 hours a night = about 200,000 hours at sea and counting.

1098.jpg

Stinkin' seamadness' miles 'ave prob been on cruise ships where she spent the time eating n drinking, and the only work she did was pulling the handles of slot machines in the onboard casino. This is the biatch who used to come here and tell Reid how he should be sailing his boat, "correct" his seamanship etc. Bunch of phony wonkheads.

Any excuse to be on the water's a good enough one for me. To have taken crap here for not being a sailor when I have a score of thousands of offshore n.m.'s from some of these landlubber types and/or sitathomeracearound the buoys and drink wit da boys types that hang out on sailing fake anarchy

well, it's still got me slightly riled and no less salty.

mike i am tellin ya. leave while there's still time. that thar's cyber koolaid in da water round 'ere/

Stinkin' seamadness' miles 'ave prob been on cruise ships where she spent the time eating n drinking, and the only work she did was pulling the handles of slot machines in the onboard casino. This is the biatch who used to come here and tell Reid how he should be sailing his boat, "correct" his seamanship etc. Bunch of phony wonkheads.

mike i am tellin ya. leave while there's still time. that thar's cyber koolaid in da water round 'ere/

If SeaMadness were on a cruise ship, he/she would probably be standing watch looking for the AIS & Radar-less Cheese Scow, although has he been running "running lights" at night? Remember, Reid set a whole new record by hitting the Maersk within 15 days of a proposed 3X circumnavigation. Nobody has done that faster as far as I know.

Sounds like you should leave out the MD20/20 from your next batch of Koolaid!

Oh and Mikey? No he's busy. A bunch of sock puppets started extoling the virtues of the Mac 26 somewhere around here again. I say build a Mac with a clear cabintop and let the ballast desal while underway.

And uh, RacingOnTheRag, not all who wander in here are wonkheads. I'll be happy to use my Barient 32 Electric winch to hoist your ass 60' aloft at 6-7 knots ('cuz it's a better ride than slowing down) and we'll see if you leave a skidmark coming down! :lol:

If SeaMadness were on a cruise ship, he/she would probably be standing watch looking for the AIS & Radar-less Cheese Scow, although has he been running "running lights" at night? Remember, Reid set a whole new record by hitting the Maersk within 15 days of a proposed 3X circumnavigation. Nobody has done that faster as far as I know.

Oh and Mikey? No he's busy. A bunch of sock puppets started extoling the virtues of the Mac 26 somewhere around here again. I say build a Mac with a clear cabintop and let the ballast desal while underway.

And uh, RacingOnTheRag, not all who wander in here are wonkheads. I'll be happy to use my Barient 32 Electric winch to hoist your ass 60' aloft at 6-7 knots ('cuz it's a better ride than slowing down) and we'll see if you leave a skidmark coming down! :lol:

FakeViking:

Moitessier was hit by a freighter shortly after starting out (it ruined his bowsprit) and so I believe was the current/old holder of the continuous sailing w/o resup recorc (according to a friend who read his well written and fascinating account of his odyssey.

If you e'er get near my ass expect yours to wind up damaged. You ignorant ass. Typical of this group. Ignorance and Abusive commentary. These people shouldn't be allowed near other sailors.

Eh, too late. They already got me.

----

Winston Smith: They got you too?

O'Brien: They got me a long time ago.

----

But I've deconstructed Reid and this thread a few days ago while taking a shave. I'll post the key to this whole shindig at some point.

Eh, too late. They already got me.

----

Winston Smith: They got you too?

O'Brien: They got me a long time ago.

----

But I've deconstructed Reid and this thread a few days ago while taking a shave. I'll post the key to this whole shindig at some point.

[under edit via winlink or whatnot]

Stay tuned!

Hey there, RW. First of all, why drag SeaMadness (farmtard) back into this cesspool? He's squeezing eggs out of his free range chickens and having some fabulous dinner parties with a menu inspired by Daniel T's Asian prawns grilled in foil, with a crushed Dorito rub, over a quarter throttle Lithuanian Diesel engine for 12 minutes and served with an '86, gnat free, Clear Lake Red Wine (thick foil from Reynolds).

Jeebus- you fucktards are still selling his collision with a freighter as a "Reid's the victim thing"?

Dude --- try and keep up ---

:lol::lol::lol:

Reid's a hero? --- Sto Lat ---- Where's that part where in the late 70's Maersk was charged with "Sirening with Intent to cause harm".

Reid didn't run into a ship, he came too close to the lee shore and some pissed off Cyclops fixed his red wagon with a huge rock off the cliff.

Buddha....Stowe....Jesus.....Cyclops..... Daniel Taylor. Cage wrestling for 1000 days.

My bookie for 20 years says, for the first time, I need cash up front because I'm going with Suicide DT.

I'll bet by morning we are at page 500!!!! 500 pages for you Reid and still going strong! I've been watching the whole journey since the begining and I've always had confindence in Reid. He's of a certain breed and I have alway thought that he has what it takes to sail out there longer than anyone!!

I heard on BBC Tonight that Wiki is, or has, introduced new rules.

I hope the rules don't allow a "Take Back" (Woops, we thought we could just advertise here and no one could mess with the copy).

Ya think the folks at MC are trying to pull down the Reid page?

Idiots, them. Aloha27 has the con.....

Damn straight he has what it takes to stay out there, SS. It's the motivation called "WTF will I do after this?!" No job, no freebie place to dock the Cheese Scow where he will get the attention he craves as the avant-garde shaman/artiste, no "purpose" to keep begging for food, freebie equipment and supplies, and no "WHOLE WORLD" that's paid any attention to his drift-a-thon.

Moving along to more interesting things... So RD, do you suppose we'll see Farmtard as the next star on the Food Network?

Flashback to January 17, 2007..........

"It may appear to someone watching the progress of the 1000 Days expedition as it approaches departure that I should be doing more important things than painting. There are still many more things to do in a variety of areas, especially raising money to acquire the last items needed and to pay the bills. It often seems that when we are down to our last one hundred dollars and no one will return my pleading calls, then by surprise, I sell a painting or even better our art champion arrives in the form of Anne Brigitte Sirois, a curator/ collector who has brought in other collectors and is planning on doing a series of shows during the expedition. So I have work to do finishing paintings and preparing them to be passed off the schooner. It is special how the paintings save us the way a figurehead saves a boat. Now, for a little while, I feel free to do my shaman and prayer rituals to round out our multifaceted preparations."

~ Reid Stowe

Has anything of interest happened in the year or so since I checked in?

Um, didn't think so. Carry on.

Damn straight he has what it takes to stay out there, SS. It's the motivation called "WTF will I do after this?!" No job, no freebie place to dock the Cheese Scow where he will get the attention he craves as the avant-garde shaman/artiste, no "purpose" to keep begging for food, freebie equipment and supplies, and no "WHOLE WORLD" that's paid any attention to his drift-a-thon.

Moving along to more interesting things... So RD, do you suppose we'll see Farmtard as the next star on the Food Network!

I'm thinking maybe Bobby Flay's going to hit Reid with a "Sprout Smackdown" when Reid gets back to Hoboken. The ingredients will be Parmigiano Reggiano, sprouts and dead deck fish. Reid'll enter the flying fish with a Jesus/Buddha Man-rub and star sprinkles. Flay's going to serve up a big pot of Sprout 'n shrimp with an Old Bay season and hot sauce on a bed of rice.

What'll win it for Flay is that while Reid is serving 4 yo pasta as a base, and another year in the state pen, Flay will minimize the sprouts in the dish and serve a Peanut-Chipolte BBQ Sauce on the shrimp.

Bring it on Bobby!

Let this thread die.

Long threads like this and the Dinus one crash the server when accessed too much.

I will close this stupid topic

Uhmmmm....Isn't increasing the number of people "accessing the site" part of the business plan?

Should we have more threads like "5 boats on port at leeward mark: Rules question?" or "Who really won: Bush or Gore - new evidence!"

Yeah, those will boost the hit count!

Hey....Maybe we could just have Marian link to BYM on every thread.

Let this thread die.

Long threads like this and the Dinus one crash the server when accessed too much.

whambulance1.jpg

Ask for a raise and/or resources and get it done. Close this thread and you suck. Close the Dinius thread and the chicks up at Clear Lake will tie your hands behind your back and fuck with your breaks.

You going to make it work, or are you going to tell Scooter and the advertisers that SA has reached it's capacity and that maybe Scuttlebutt's a better option.

And all this time I thought you were a stand up guy.

As my good friend BG would say.......troubling.....

Let this thread die.

But Dawg.............You can't make this shit up!

Can you suggest any other threads that are as stupidly funny as this one, Dawg? Come on..... at least let it get to 500 pages!

This is a long thread that is even more stupid............

twine2.jpg

2%20String.jpg

Let this thread die.

No, please man, don't do that. It's like RD said, its the cockroach of the interweb (or something like that). C'mon Dave, please, we're so close. Let the inmates run for another 150 days. Does it really fuck things up so badly? Cus the lads are working on an electronic Iliad here.....

Let this thread die.

No, please man, don't do that. It's like RD said, its the cockroach of the interweb (or something like that). C'mon Dave, please, we're so close. Let the inmates run for another 150 days. Does it really fuck things up so badly? Cus the lads are working on an electronic Iliad here.....

Odyssey would be more to the point ;)

clearly Dawg doesn't see that what goes on here is a 21st century slapstick version of Homer's epic book ? calling that stupid is asking for spiked tyres ;)

Just in case Dawg makes good his threat........One last time.............................

This is absolutely, positively, definitely.........Void Ho!

FakeViking:

If you e'er get near my ass expect yours to wind up damaged. You ignorant ass. Typical of this group. Ignorance and Abusive commentary. These people shouldn't be allowed near other sailors.

Sounds kinky! Ja elske die! Unfortunately for you I am not gay, so I must decline. Never knew you were so endowed such as to cause damage. No wonder you switched teams, the ladies couldn't handle your massive pice of manhood.

Reid shouldn't be allowed near other sailors, or young newbile newbies who don't know how to sail or have 3 years worth of birth control pills packed away.

"It may appear to someone watching the progress of the 1000 Days expedition as it approaches departure that I should be doing more important things than painting. There are still many more things to do in a variety of areas, especially raising money to acquire the last items needed and to pay the bills. It often seems that when we are down to our last one hundred dollars and no one will return my pleading calls, then by surprise, I sell a painting or even better our art champion arrives in the form of Anne Brigitte Sirois, a curator/ collector who has brought in other collectors and is planning on doing a series of shows during the expedition. So I have work to do finishing paintings and preparing them to be passed off the schooner. It is special how the paintings save us the way a figurehead saves a boat. Now, for a little while, I feel free to do my shaman and prayer rituals to round out our multifaceted preparations."

~ Reid Stowe

I had assumed all the "art" work WEid was creating these past weeks was for an income source, but I didn't realize it was for an immediate income. His comment about preparing them to be passed off the schooner sounds to me like he'd been planning to hook up while at sea to deliver his art. What was the name of his buddy with the art gallery? Someone might check it out to look for wecent WEid-art!

Dawg, we planned from the beginning to follow this to the end and since WEid has enough food left for a couple more years (thanks to Soy leaving he has food for a lot longer than three years), we'll be here for a while more. Please don't shut us down!

what's the scoop with this recent art?

remember:

day-248-241-space-notes-sm.jpg

wasn't this 'daily image' openly credited to be the work of MC right around the 'plaigerized-google-albatross-affair' and its 'humorous cardboard bird' bitchslap reply followup?

if that is so, then one can only conclude from the clearly identical stars that this must also be an MC creation by the same artiste.

what gives? is this AUTHENTIC REID ART or fraudulent imposterism?

keep in mind, honesty is tantramount to the mars ocean love oddysea..

854-007.jpg

~ Reid Stowe

I had assumed all the "art" work WEid was creating these past weeks was for an income source, but I didn't realize it was for an immediate income. His comment about preparing them to be passed off the schooner sounds to me like he'd been planning to hook up while at sea to deliver his art. What was the name of his buddy with the art gallery? Someone might check it out to look for wecent WEid-art!

Dawg, we planned from the beginning to follow this to the end and since WEid has enough food left for a couple more years (thanks to Soy leaving he has food for a lot longer than three years), we'll be here for a while more. Please don't shut us down!

Well, she's real anyway, in that NYC stick-your-finger-in-deals and take a percent kind of way:

September 15, 2006

Anne-Brigitte Sirois, Director of Real Estate Development for the Arts, Lerner Group, New York City, 9-15-06

pod.gif

In 1995, Anne-Brigitte Sirois joined the Lerner Group, Inc., a commercial real estate firm in New York City. As Director of Real Estate Development for the Arts, Anne-Brigitte initiated an ongoing project to market the then-isolated area of Chelsea West to a group of influential art galleries located in SoHo. She formally advocated the creation of a new art gallery community in that area. Chelsea West offered more affordable spaces and a potentially fresh alternative to the fatigued post-nineties Soho art scene.

Twelve months later, her efforts culminated in the first conversion of a large storage warehouse located on West 20th Street into an art gallery building. It provided 110,000 square feet of gallery space and caused the art gallery population of Chelsea West to grow from six to 30 galleries during 1996. Today, Chelsea is home to almost 300 art galleries and hosts a vital scene for contemporary art in New York City.

Between 1996 and 2006, Anne-Brigitte has directly represented transactions totaling a value of over $250 million on behalf of various art organizations in the Chelsea district. She is currently writing a book telling the story of the Chelsea art gallery district, and remains actively involved with Chelsea’s future development phase.

Anne-Brigitte received her M.F.A. from Pratt Institute.

Oh come on Dawg, let it live. Let Reids fantasy live out the duration. You're a wuss if you kill the thread. It's the best thread on SA and the main reason why I even check out SA. I'd say I would never come back if you kill it, but then you'd for sure kill it. Reid's journey is historic and SA can be a part of it, so don't kill it. Please. :(

Oh come on Dawg, let it live. Let Reids fantasy live out the duration. You're a wuss if you kill the thread. It's the best thread on SA and the main reason why I even check out SA. I'd say I would never come back if you kill it, but then you'd for sure kill it. Reid's journey is hysterical and SA can be a part of it, so don't kill it. Please. :(

fixed ;)

Let this thread die.

RD could start a freshie? Close this one, and let's start again. Reid has, something like 500+ days to go since he left Australia. Lots of life left here...

If this tread is truly about to end then the person who began it all should have the last post. It should be remembered as.......

motorcycle-diaries.jpg

He started it all.

Oh come on Dawg, let it live. Let Reids fantasy live out the duration. You're a wuss if you kill the thread. It's the best thread on SA and the main reason why I even check out SA. I'd say I would never come back if you kill it, but then you'd for sure kill it. Reid's journey is historic and SA can be a part of it, so don't kill it. Please. :(

Well, there's the best argument for killing it, right there.

A blast from the past from this threads most 2 influential contributors.

2185730553_f0236a7318_o.jpg

Pink Puppets

You go away for a while and come back and see this, ahhh.

I am currently travelling through the USA and i have to say that my opinon has changed. Even though the usa is sucked into debt I have to say that the people I have meet have been great.

Oh and Swan70 showed me his boat.

post-23282-1251332863_thumb.jpg

Why does all of his "art" feature 3-D floating turds? :blink:

I have alluded to this several times myself.

But I think I have an answer....

Notice whenever we get a "log" update? Where it mentions the love schooner Anne's speed? How on a good day he hustles along at between 0.5 and 1.0 knot?

Now imagine taking a dump and throwing it overboard (because, no doubt, his mechanical marine heads have long since malfunctioned due to lack of maintenance) and then gazing overboard as your own turds fair better in the tradewinds than your boat. Bobbing along, side by side, shit versus shitbox.

Art imitates life, my friends.

If this tread is truly about to end then the person who began it all should have the last post. It should be remembered as.......

motorcycle-diaries.jpg

He started it all.

That's right! He started it all!! Which way did that fucker go?!

3860937696_0a8243b6c6_o.jpg

Let this thread die....I will close this stupid topic

3860269783_90f199a8da_o.jpg

Topic? What topic?

Shhhhh......

Golf clap wearing thick mittens.

Please no more all-caps, bolding, type over 2 points, or bright colored fancy fonts -- Dawg might hear us and I think he forgot.

Shhhhhh.......

Hey have you guys tried this site? www.YachtNet.org

Its pretty cool for Sailing and Yachting ;)

Hey yachtgirl welcome, but there are rules here for newbies. Its kinda like this............

2185730553_f0236a7318_o.jpg

But with a little less lycra.

Why does all of his "art" feature 3-D floating turds? :blink:

I have alluded to this several times myself.

But I think I have an answer....

Notice whenever we get a "log" update? Where it mentions the love schooner Anne's speed? How on a good day he hustles along at between 0.5 and 1.0 knot?

Now imagine taking a dump and throwing it overboard (because, no doubt, his mechanical marine heads have long since malfunctioned due to lack of maintenance) and then gazing overboard as your own turds fair better in the tradewinds than your boat. Bobbing along, side by side, shit versus shitbox.

Art imitates life, my friends.

Who could close a thread that produces insights like that one??? :lol: