Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

I wish it were a joke. I've had to buy about twenty cordless phones over the years, they keep getting launched at my brain from across the room. And the weird part, there could be twenty different things within arm's reach to throw and they always go for the cordless phones. For some reason, the calmest, chillest dudes seem to attract women who all seem to be blood-relatives of Satan himself.

You have a pretty strange definition of "adventure", Mikey. Just sayin' there's an obvious trend there, and it makes one wonder how such a "calm, chill dude" can possibly incite that violent anger in so many women. Of course you could just be exaggerating, as you're from the Weed school that bemoaned a top writer missing all the "passion and fire" in the Voyage of the Two-Legged Turtle story. :lol:

post-34100-1251894603_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Day 862 Fool of Hearts

Tuesday, 01 September 2009

[Ed note: image pending]

Day 862 - September 1, 2009

Wind WSW 10 knots, Course N, Speed 1 knot, Position 748n by 17825w

Fool of Hearts

I have been part fool ever since as a teenager. I heard the Beatles song, "Fool on the Hill - day after day, alone on a hill, the fool sees the sun going down, and the eyes in his head see the world spinning round, well on the way, the man of 1000 days, head in a cloud..."

Never sure I had an answer; I pursued my fascinations, often at great risk. Luck was on my side and it wasn't exaggerated pride. It was self confidence that gave me courage and crazy energy to think I could pursue my wildest dreams. It wasn't ego that got me very far - ego is for scairdy cats who puff up in safety. I left ego far behind as I merged with infinity. Ego is not ample enough for soulful goals. I had high ideals and didn't let foolishness or fear of failure stop me from trying.

In the midst of this chaos great possibilities came into my life. The path of great expectations is not for pragmatists or conservatives. It is for fools with heart who can let their imaginations move to deeper insights, out of the box and sometimes out of bounds. If we are going to be free to be curious about alternatives in life, sometimes we wind up deviated from the normal and often special revelations arrive. Life is twisted too and has a tendency to screw up our expectations and fools with heart can sometimes make the best of these situations.

God and love make themselves apparent in the unusual expressions of devious manifestations. Who doesn't have a bit of fool in them and make mistakes? We should be open-minded and forgive peoples faults, otherwise how can we expect God to forgive us our trespasses? If we are struck by a crazy urge and act ridiculous, as long as we have heart and are not hurting anyone, it should be OK on occasion. Do we always have to be totally proper and conformist?

Sometimes foolishness shows us a way to greater wisdom. I bank on God having a special place in his heart for fools with heart.

Never sure I had an answer; I pursued my fascinations, often at great risk. Luck was on my side and it wasn't exaggerated pride. It was self confidence that gave me courage and crazy energy to think I could pursue my wildest dreams. It wasn't ego that got me very far - ego is for scairdy cats who puff up in safety. I left ego far behind as I merged with infinity. Ego is not ample enough for soulful goals. I had high ideals and didn't let foolishness or fear of failure stop me from trying.

That is quite possibly the essence of Stowe. Egotistically and narcissisticly claiming that ego has no part as he merged with infinity while touting his high ideals and lofty goals. What a completely self centered douche bag.

Excuse me, I need to go vomit.

You have a pretty strange definition of "adventure", Mikey. Just sayin' there's an obvious trend there, and it makes one wonder how such a "calm, chill dude" can possibly incite that violent anger in so many women. Of course you could just be exaggerating, as you're from the Weed school that bemoaned a top writer missing all the "passion and fire" in the Voyage of the Two-Legged Turtle story. :lol:

Think of it like this ...

Someone who lacks emotional development has a horrible boss, or gets a speeding ticket, or gets mugged at knifepoint on the G-train. These things make that person angry.

Does that person then turn around and take out their anger on their boss, or on the traffic cop or on the mugger? No, they go home with their head held low and then kick their Golden Retriever. The Retriever is the only safe place in that person's life to direct their anger.

There are dogs out there with strong guts who understand this process fully, and are fully willing to trade a few kicks now and then from their emotionally-disjointed masters in exchange for prime cuts of meat and unlimited Frisbee time.

[There are dogs out there with strong guts who understand this process fully, and are fully willing to trade a few kicks now and then from their emotionally-disjointed masters in exchange for prime cuts of meat and unlimited Frisbee time.

really? please let me know the address of these dogs so i can report the owners to animal control for abuse and have the dogs rehomed.

http://www.passageweather.com/maps/natlantic/wind/039.png

Small low pressure system system might be developing off the African coast in Weedo's area tomorrow.

Might have to reduce sail. Oops, forgot he hasn't had sails up for weeksrte-email-button.png.

Never mind.

A MET595 update would be fantastic! Is Born2Sail out there somewhere?!?

Someone who lacks emotional development has a horrible boss, or gets a speeding ticket, or gets mugged at knifepoint on the G-train. These things make that person angry.

Does that person then turn around and take out their anger on their boss, or on the traffic cop or on the mugger? No, they go home with their head held low and then kick their Golden Retriever. The Retriever is the only safe place in that person's life to direct their anger.

There are dogs out there with strong guts who understand this process fully, and are fully willing to trade a few kicks now and then from their emotionally-disjointed masters in exchange for prime cuts of meat and unlimited Frisbee time.

SO, as of now we have gleaned that the Great Wofsey is used to women hurling objects at his head - interesting that their choice was a phone, as if their confidence that merely throwing the phone would resolve the issue. Lovely... Most women would view the phone and 911 as a means of getting away from a creep or a creepy situation. We've heard little tidbits about the wife before, now we have an equally challenging to comprehend dog story/analogy? Dude, all kidding aside - you need to go sailing! N 29*53.132 W 081*19.364 - I'll spot you...

gets mugged at knifepoint on the G-train.

Who the hell still rides the G-train these days? That's the suckiest train that ever sucked.

It's a pretty bad train, the only one in the system that doesn't go through Manhattan. But for folks who live in Bed Stuy, etc., it's pretty much the only game in town.

I got into it with a guy on the G-Train many years ago ... it was like the Wild West, you just have to hope he's not packing iron, deflect the punches, don't make him angrier by punching back and just deal with it until your stop.

It's fairly convenient for when kayaking though, one of the stations is very close to the water near Red Hook, and the cars are usually pretty empty so nobody cares when you bring a kayak on with you.

Anyway, the poverty-class people that have to take the G-Train don't like it any better than you, trust me.

[There are dogs out there with strong guts who understand this process fully, and are fully willing to trade a few kicks now and then from their emotionally-disjointed masters in exchange for prime cuts of meat and unlimited Frisbee time.

really? please let me know the address of these dogs so i can report the owners to animal control for abuse and have the dogs rehomed.

4512 Lincoln Avenue, Chicago IL

anythingspossible.jpg

SO, as of now we have gleaned that the Great Wofsey is used to women hurling objects at his head - interesting that their choice was a phone, as if their confidence that merely throwing the phone would resolve the issue. Lovely... Most women would view the phone and 911 as a means of getting away from a creep or a creepy situation. We've heard little tidbits about the wife before, now we have an equally challenging to comprehend dog story/analogy? Dude, all kidding aside - you need to go sailing! N 29*53.132 W 081*19.364 - I'll spot you...

No sailing, I'm landlocked and I'm chained to a bunch of desalination stuff that has to hit the market asap. Unlike you, I haven't made my fortune yet. But when I do, I'm going to buy a Macgregor 26 and rerig it with all the best stuff and stealth all the SA'ers.

No sailing, I'm landlocked and I'm chained to a bunch of desalination stuff that has to hit the market asap. Unlike you, I haven't made my fortune yet. But when I do, I'm going to buy a Macgregor 26 and rerig it with all the best stuff and stealth all the SA'ers.

When you are ready, I will be waiting.....................Pinks?

Hey Cliffie. By the time phone number 3 got launched in your direction you should have been looking into the mirror to determine what the problem is. And I can tell you its not an over abundance of calm and chill.

Don't need a mirror for that boyo ... I prefer women with violent tempers. And since I'm calm and chill, they can fully lose their minds without worrying about me doing anything back to them.

Ah, the danger and beauty of a lethally dangerous woman ...

siberian-tiger-0010.jpg

You like it when they crack the whip and teach you the meaning of love and respect.

To each his own, just don't forget the safe word.

I have to tell you. I have had some wonderful meals cooked for me and I have had some fantastic sex in my life. There is not a meal good enough and sex so fantastic (I assume frisbee time to be a euphemism for sex) that I would be willing to be the whipping boy for.

Why would you want to be involved with someone who lacks emotional development? I don't get it.

Frankly I can't imagine a woman would have much respect for a man who is willing to trade his dignity for favors.

gets mugged at knifepoint on the G-train.

Who the hell still rides the G-train these days? That's the suckiest train that ever sucked.

It's a pretty bad train, the only one in the system that doesn't go through Manhattan. But for folks who live in Bed Stuy, etc., it's pretty much the only game in town.

I got into it with a guy on the G-Train many years ago ... it was like the Wild West, you just have to hope he's not packing iron, deflect the punches, don't make him angrier by punching back and just deal with it until your stop.

It's fairly convenient for when kayaking though, one of the stations is very close to the water near Red Hook, and the cars are usually pretty empty so nobody cares when you bring a kayak on with you.

Anyway, the poverty-class people that have to take the G-Train don't like it any better than you, trust me.

Honestly Mike. I have had a bit of fun messing around with you, but over all I had a fairly positive image of you. But dude, going through life as a punching bag because you are afraid of angering someone by defending yourself, is no way to go through life. The next time some guy punches you on the G-train, you need to drill that cocksucker right in the mouth. That's how you deal with it. Think WWBGD. What Would Bernie Getz Do.

That is quite possibly the essence of Stowe. Egotistically and narcissisticly claiming that ego has no part as he merged with infinity while touting his high ideals and lofty goals. What a completely self centered douche bag.

Excuse me, I need to go vomit.

Very well put Barley. Has this been about anything but Reid's ego? All you have to do is look at any handful of his posts at random and it is obvious.

God and love make themselves apparent in the unusual expressions of devious manifestations. Who doesn't have a bit of fool in them and make mistakes? We should be open-minded and forgive peoples faults, otherwise how can we expect God to forgive us our trespasses? If we are struck by a crazy urge and act ridiculous, as long as we have heart and are not hurting anyone, it should be OK on occasion. Do we always have to be totally proper and conformist?

Is he prepping his followers for when he admits to his conviction for smuggling 15 tons of dope? That was certainly a mega episode of tomfoolery.

So if people don't forgive Reid for his foolish "mistakes", God won't forgive them? Again, no ego here, he's interpreting scripture.

I have to tell you. I have had some wonderful meals cooked for me and I have had some fantastic sex in my life. There is not a meal good enough and sex so fantastic (I assume frisbee time to be a euphemism for sex) that I would be willing to be the whipping boy for.

Where did you get "whipping boy"? I'm talking about pyrotechnics.

Why would you want to be involved with someone who lacks emotional development? I don't get it.

It's a matter of taste. Some people want a heavy cruiser, others want to kite board. A relationship based on trust and commitment between two emotionally-stable people is fine I guess, for people who are fascinated by a cold pool of spit.

Frankly I can't imagine a woman would have much respect for a man who is willing to trade his dignity for favors.

Dignity? What married man has any dignity left? It's like assuming there is still something in the bottle at a convention of winos. How long have you been married?

Honestly Mike. I have had a bit of fun messing around with you, but over all I had a fairly positive image of you. But dude, going through life as a punching bag because you are afraid of angering someone by defending yourself, is no way to go through life. The next time some guy punches you on the G-train, you need to drill that cocksucker right in the mouth. That's how you deal with it. Think WWBGD. What Would Bernie Getz Do.

Easy to say, but the situation doesn't always call for that.

I was able to block his punches easily, and what would happen if I followed through with the Lop Sao and hinged into hammer-fist to the face?

1) Broken nose on a skinny, half-homeless man on the G-train,

2) Possible gun or knife in his coat,

3) Newly angry, skinny, half-homeless man on the G-train.

Anyway, he punched like a little girl ... what's the point of going ballistic on someone like that? One of the first things a good Wing Chun teacher does for his students is to throw hundreds of punches and let the students block them until the bones calcifylike iron. There is enough misery in the world without adding to it for the sake of ego.

What would REID do? Would Reid beat up some guy on the G-Train? Would Reid disdain a potential relationship with a woman just because she has a firey temper? After all, isn't that what all of us on the 1000 Days Forum should ask ourselves before every action? "What would Reid do?"

I just asked myself that simple question and now I see the light. I am going to jump on my bicycle and go home and have some cheese.

Where did you get "whipping boy"? I'm talking about pyrotechnics.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

It's a matter of taste. Some people want a heavy cruiser, others want to kite board. A relationship based on trust and commitment between two emotionally-stable people is fine I guess, for people who are fascinated by a cold pool of spit.

Keep telling yourself that, if it makes it easier to take that is.

Dignity? What married man has any dignity left? It's like assuming there is still something in the bottle at a convention of winos. How long have you been married?

Married 20+ years and I have all of my dignity. In fact I would say my self esteem has grown with marriage.

Of course if you find destructive women, then you never have to look inside yourself when the relationship falls apart. Its obvious to everyone that she is bat shit crazy, so it can never be my fault.

Easy to say, but the situation doesn't always call for that.

I was able to block his punches easily, and what would happen if I followed through with the Lop Sao and hinged into hammer-fist to the face?

1) Broken nose on a skinny, half-homeless man on the G-train,

2) Possible gun or knife in his coat,

3) Newly angry, skinny, half-homeless man on the G-train.

Anyway, he punched like a little girl ... what's the point of going ballistic on someone like that? One of the first things a good Wing Chun teacher does for his students is to throw hundreds of punches and let the students block them until the bones calcifylike iron. There is enough misery in the world without adding to it for the sake of ego.

What would REID do? Would Reid beat up some guy on the G-Train? Would Reid disdain a potential relationship with a woman just because she has a firey temper? After all, isn't that what all of us on the 1000 Days Forum should ask ourselves before every action? "What would Reid do?"

I just asked myself that simple question and now I see the light. I am going to jump on my bicycle and go home and have some cheese.

Defending ones self is not the same as stroking your ego. I don't advicate going out and starting shit with strangers. In fact I believe in walking away from assholes like this. But once someone starts to throw punches at me, I am not going to stand around and pretend I am the Karate kid and Wax on and Wax off for the rest of my ride. If a whack job like that starts in on you, he does not have a knife or gun, otherwise it would already be out and being used.

And a woman who throws things at you does not have a fiery temper, she is a domestic abuser. She has mental issues. Don't be a victim and then say it just makes life more exciting. Life is real exciting when it escalates and she is boiling a pet on the stove. There are plenty of passionate woman out there who do not have a violent streak.

Married 20+ years and I have all of my dignity. In fact I would say my self esteem has grown with marriage.

I know people with marriages like yours, they are all from emotionally stable backgrounds, and those marriages work for them. But for the rest of humanity, we have found it possible to have our modicum of happiness in our emotionally-disjointed lives.

If only stable, mature people such as yourself married and procreated, humans would go extinct.

Of course if you find destructive women, then you never have to look inside yourself when the relationship falls apart. Its obvious to everyone that she is bat shit crazy, so it can never be my fault.

Only an idiot believes that he has the ability to choose his wife. My marriage to a "bat shit crazy" wife was pure destiny and I'll love her forever. Bat shit crazy is highly undervalued in today's streamlined society.

By the way, I should try to post a wedding picture, we were married at Pier 63, I think you can see Reid's schooner in the background.

throw punches at me, I am not going to stand around and pretend I am the Karate kid and Wax on and Wax off for the rest of my ride. If a whack job like that starts in on you, he does not have a knife or gun, otherwise it would already be out and being used.

If you're not in any immediate threat and the punches are thrown with all of the skill and force of a Nerf Blaster, what possible reason could there be to return fire if not pure ego?

And a woman who throws things at you does not have a fiery temper, she is a domestic abuser. She has mental issues. Don't be a victim and then say it just makes life more exciting. Life is real exciting when it escalates and she is boiling a pet on the stove. There are plenty of passionate woman out there who do not have a violent streak.

I can only think of one ...

The%20Cheese%20Nun%202.jpg

The common denominators here are MIKEY and things thrown. I think you'd do better to consider how such a "calm, chill guy" could have this happen over and over with so many women unless he's somehow inciting inviting it. Methinks there's a whole lot more to the story, CB......

I know people with marriages like yours, they are all from emotionally stable backgrounds, and those marriages work for them. But for the rest of humanity, we have found it possible to have our modicum of happiness in our emotionally-disjointed lives.

If only stable, mature people such as yourself married and procreated, humans would go extinct.

Only an idiot believes that he has the ability to choose his wife. My marriage to a "bat shit crazy" wife was pure destiny and I'll love her forever. Bat shit crazy is highly undervalued in today's streamlined society.

By the way, I should try to post a wedding picture, we were married at Pier 63, I think you can see Reid's schooner in the background.

My first wife was the most beautiful women I had ever seen and "bat shit crazy." Life with her was unpredictable, sometimes unpleasant and full of drama. I left the crazy bitch after 4 years.

Wife #2 was the most normal person I ever met. We grew up on the same street, she is a Dean at the local University and just to make sure she was normal, we lived together for 4 years before I married her. She turned "bat shit crazy" the day we got back from our honeymoon. After 4 years of drama, I left her.

Wife #3 - We have been together 3 years and have never had a fight. Like me, she is a happy easy going person. I love her to death and enjoy every second I spend with her. Life is good.

Mike, If your with a "bat shit crazy" wife and you exusted all attempts to rectify the situation (prozac, therapy)

dump the crazy bitch and find somebody who you are happy with 24/7...........trust me I know........you only live once and there is no need to have bad days.

The common denominators here are MIKEY and things thrown. I think you'd do better to consider how such a "calm, chill guy" could have this happen over and over with so many women unless he's somehow inciting inviting it. Methinks there's a whole lot more to the story, CB......

One of the first things I told him in this regard was to look in the mirror. You don't have 30 phones thrown at you without causing them to be thrown

Day 862 Fool of Hearts

Tuesday, 01 September 2009

[Ed note: image pending]

Day 862 - September 1, 2009

Wind WSW 10 knots, Course N, Speed 1 knot, Position 748n by 17825w

Fool of Hearts

I have been part fool ever since as a teenager. I heard the Beatles song, "Fool on the Hill - day after day, alone on a hill, the fool sees the sun going down, and the eyes in his head see the world spinning round, well on the way, the man of 1000 days, head in a cloud..."

In the midst of this chaos great possibilities came into my life. The path of great expectations is not for pragmatists or conservatives. It is for fools with heart who can let their imaginations move to deeper insights, out of the box and sometimes out of bounds. If we are going to be free to be curious about alternatives in life, sometimes we wind up deviated from the normal and often special revelations arrive. Life is twisted too and has a tendency to screw up our expectations and fools with heart can sometimes make the best of these situations.

Sometimes foolishness shows us a way to greater wisdom. I bank on God having a special place in his heart for fools with heart.

From this entry I gather that he carried at least 863 days worth of weed when he departed.

My first wife was the most beautiful women I had ever seen and "bat shit crazy." Life with her was unpredictable, sometimes unpleasant and full of drama. I left the crazy bitch after 4 years.

Wife #2 was the most normal person I ever met. We grew up on the same street, she is a Dean at the local University and just to make sure she was normal, we lived together for 4 years before I married her. She turned "bat shit crazy" the day we got back from our honeymoon. After 4 years of drama, I left her.

Wife #3 - We have been together 3 years and have never had a fight. Like me, she is a happy easy going person. I love her to death and enjoy every second I spend with her. Life is good.

Hmm, trend developing here. Perhaps all women eventually become seen as "bat shit crazy" by men simply because we don't understand them. If wife #3 turns out to be BSC, will you leave her as well? What's wrong with being married to a BSC wife? Could it be that in fact all of us men are BSC and all the women are normal?

Mike, If your with a "bat shit crazy" wife and you exusted all attempts to rectify the situation (prozac, therapy)

dump the crazy bitch and find somebody who you are happy with 24/7...........trust me I know........you only live once and there is no need to have bad days.

Prozac? Therapy? What the hell man?

First off, who is happy 24/7? I'll tell you who ... idiots and people on Prozac. Life is about experiencing the full range of emotions ... love, hate, joy, misery, boredom, excitement.

A strong boat is designed to handle bad storms. Sometimes they sink, most of the time they don't. But what's the point of only sailing on sunny days? You're missing out on the most exciting part of being on the water.

Seriously ... think back to all of your years of sailing. Which sails stand out the most? The ones with perfect weather and blue skies and a drink in your hand? Or the one with a stuck halyard and the wind whipping your ass all over the deck, fear slamming through your veins like a speedball in a 43rd Street crackhead?

You can keep your happy 24/7, I wouldn't trade what I have for it.

One of the first things I told him in this regard was to look in the mirror. You don't have 30 phones thrown at you without causing them to be thrown

Perhaps it was all due to those damn over-limit charges by AT&T? Perhaps a visceral reaction to the impending death of the land-line? An over-eager attempt to dispose of outdated technology?

Just to be clear, the phone-projectile part of my life ended when I met my wife ... she uses those iPhones that costs a bunch and does everything short of ironing your clothing. I don't think she would throw it. My wife owns a yoga studio, she is probably the chillest chick in town most of the time.

Just a reminder folks, this thread is about 1000 Days TFR, not about Wofsey's neuroses. Don't get sucked into discussing them. He's on ignore but I saw 5 ignored posts in a row from him. Is he talking to himself? Or is he going down the same road to bat shit crazy as our hero?

Now back to our regular programming.....

dash

Just a reminder folks, this thread is about 1000 Days TFR, not about Wofsey's neuroses. Don't get sucked into discussing them. He's on ignore but I saw 5 ignored posts in a row from him. Is he talking to himself? Or is he going down the same road to bat shit crazy as our hero?

dash

+1 Same here, he's on ignore but his name pops up one after the other so I presume he managed (again) to put the attention back on him, a smart psychoboy he is

+1 Same here, he's on ignore but his name pops up one after the other so I presume he managed (again) to put the attention back on him, a smart psychoboy he is

Can't take credit for this one trashboy ... I was minding my own business when some folks accused me of deleting my old posts in order to shuffle the order of a picture. The ensuing posts are just followups on those, with the standard 1000 Days meander.

The correspondence you're seeing probably has something to do with the fact that there isn't a whole lot of news on the Stowe front, and you obviously haven't contributed anything worthy of discussion.

dash

If I'm on ignore, how would you know about "bat shit crazy"? Funny thing about that ignore feature, it only works when you actually activate it.

"I left ego far behind ...."

Key:

Blue - About someone other than Reid

Red - About Reid

Day 864 - Spetember 3, 2009

Wind SW, 20 to 30, Course NNW, Speed 2 to 3 knots, Position 8*15n by 17*30w

Solitary Opportunity

Sailing in the S. Pacific in 1971 as a teenager, I met 24 year old Dutch sailor Ivo Van Laake. On my first sight of him, he was standing on the very back of his 19-foot plywood sloop, his weight pushing the stern down and the bow up. His curly blond hair and sarong were blowing in the breeze as he played his silver flute.

Ivo explained his life and his time with Bernard Moitessier, who had just sailed around the world and a-half alone. Ivo and Bernard were poetic mystical solo sailors: I held them in the highest awe and honor and knew I would have an initiation alone, with no support, only the majestic sea around me. Ivo and I became good friends and a little over a year later he arrived in North Carolina, where I had finished building the catamaran Tantra and we decided to sail to Europe.

In Portugal, Ivo went to visit his family, and I made my first solo sail of 12 days from Lisbon to Mogador in South Morocco. I was the only sailor in an ancient fortress harbor and I had grown, my old thoughts of the world were gone. I was searching my soul in solitude to find myself. I entered the solitary state with decision. It was a deepening of spiritual sailing and an invitation to sacred sea pilgrimage.

Ivo rejoined me to sail back across the Atlantic and eventually up the Amazon River. We were like two hermits meditating, doing yoga together, lead into solitude by the spirit, not the flesh. Together we searched for God with the most absolute fervor and singleness of heart.

Then some years went by, and I sailed the Carib islands alone: and after building the schooner never imagined I would sail solo again. In the extremeness of my longing I realized I had to be prepared and it came to me much to my surprise and dismay, but I made the most of it to the best of my ability. It is my fate for a time to be alone kneeling before the alter at the very edge. I have grown accustomed to the empty vistas of the sea and lived with the omnipresence of God.

I have become one with the daunting abyss, and it is the foundation of my love and sympathy to all.

Reid meets a guy on the back of a 19' plywood shitbox who's playing a flute and wearing a dress, and all we get is more crap chronicling Reid's stellar achievements and how God invited Reid to be his friend on Facebook? WTF?

Yep... Ivan had a 19 ft plywood shitbox, a flute, a dress....... and a girlfriend named Iris that Weed stole away from him and married. There's always THE REST OF THE STORY with Weed.

Forgot about Iris. Then there was Allejandro's chiquita.

....and Soanya's not the least bit concerned about the Spout Stud's track record in the fidelity sweepstakes.

Let's just hope this trip pays off for Reid so he can start bringing home the bacon!! :(

Cause throwing money at your kid makes up for the time you don't spend with them?

it could be worse. He could be ashore, asking for man massages from school kids, or selling drugs....oh wait, that is what he used to do..... Stay out there Weirdy.

"I left ego far behind ...."

Key:

Blue - About someone other than Reid

Red - About Reid

Day 864 - Spetember 3, 2009

Wind SW, 20 to 30, Course NNW, Speed 2 to 3 knots, Position 8*15n by 17*30w

Solitary Opportunity

Sailing in the S. Pacific in 1971 as a teenager, I met 24 year old Dutch sailor Ivo Van Laake. On my first sight of him, he was standing on the very back of his 19-foot plywood sloop, his weight pushing the stern down and the bow up. His curly blond hair and sarong were blowing in the breeze as he played his silver flute.

Ivo explained his life and his time with Bernard Moitessier, who had just sailed around the world and a-half alone. Ivo and Bernard were poetic mystical solo sailors: I held them in the highest awe and honor and knew I would have an initiation alone, with no support, only the majestic sea around me. Ivo and I became good friends and a little over a year later he arrived in North Carolina, where I had finished building the catamaran Tantra and we decided to sail to Europe.

In Portugal, Ivo went to visit his family, and I made my first solo sail of 12 days from Lisbon to Mogador in South Morocco. I was the only sailor in an ancient fortress harbor and I had grown, my old thoughts of the world were gone. I was searching my soul in solitude to find myself. I entered the solitary state with decision. It was a deepening of spiritual sailing and an invitation to sacred sea pilgrimage.

Ivo rejoined me to sail back across the Atlantic and eventually up the Amazon River. We were like two hermits meditating, doing yoga together, lead into solitude by the spirit, not the flesh. Together we searched for God DRUGS with the most absolute fervor and singleness of heart.

Then some years went by, and I sailed the Carib islands alone: and after building the schooner never imagined I would sail solo again. In the extremeness of my longing I realized I had to be prepared and it came to me much to my surprise and dismay, but I made the most of it to the best of my ability. It is my fate for a time to be alone kneeling before the alter at the very edge. I have grown accustomed to the empty vistas of the sea and lived with the omnipresence of GodDRUGS.

I have become one with the daunting abyss, and it is the foundation of my love and sympathy to all.

Reid meets a guy on the back of a 19' plywood shitbox who's playing a flute and wearing a dress, and all we get is more crap chronicling Reid's stellar achievements and how God invited Reid to be his friend on Facebook? WTF?

There, fixed it for you, RD. ;)

interior1_h.jpg

deckpose4_h.jpg

Nice shots of the helm. That's total Reid land in there. Very cool. :huh:

Which proves again you don't know what you're looking at. Which is just about the world's worst helm station.

Slightly Salty must refer to your Big Mac preference.

interior1_h.jpg

deckpose4_h.jpg

Which proves again you don't know what you're looking at. Which is just about the world's worst helm station.

Worst visibility I have ever seen in a helm station, no wonder Reid hit the ship.

flashback: old press release

ok, familiar bullshit:

A Preview of the first 200 days at Sea

For the first 7 months (~210 days), Reid plans to sail south and live life near the equator. He will sail the outline of a giant HEART - "Heart on the Sea" - to set the stage for the first circumnavigation. The world can visit www.1000days.net and follow the voyage from weekly ship logs and picture snippets to position tracking maps, weather charts and phone conversations. Come visit the website to visualize life out on the sea in the Schooner Anne.

huh?

Around month 8, Schooner Anne will make a pass near Terra Firma. Not close enough to see land but close enough for a small group of friends to sail out to meet the Schooner Anne on blue water. Natal or Recife Brazil (East coast of Brazil) is the target for the first of 3 rendezvous. The “ground team” will sail alongside, make some music and live alongside the adventure for a time and then we will returning to land with the first installment of art, video tapes and music created on the high sea.

one more captain hero photo, this one is fancy (wait 2 seconds)

interior1_h.jpg

deckpose4_h.jpg

Worst visibility I have ever seen in a helm station, no wonder Reid hit the ship.

I think you guys are forgetting that he has a clear "dome" that he can poke his head up through and get a 360 degree view and see the moon. :huh:

It looks safe and comfortable in there and I'm sure with all the carvings and love he put into it he gets a lot of enjoyment from that space. That's the sign of a good helm station if you going to be out for an extended time period.....LIKE MAYBE a 1000 DAYS!!! It's got to feel good in there, that's #1. :wub:B)

interior1_h.jpg

deckpose4_h.jpg

I think you guys are forgetting that he has a clear "dome" that he can poke his head up through and get a 360 degree view and see the moon. :huh:

It looks safe and comfortable in there and I'm sure with all the carvings and love he put into it he gets a lot of enjoyment from that space. That's the sign of a good helm station if you going to be out for an extended time period.....LIKE MAYBE a 1000 DAYS!!! It's got to feel good in there, that's #1. :wub: B)

eeeeuuuuwww! :blink:

No matter how you look at it, it's still a historic voyage. He's found a groove that's working for him. Let the dude make history and be stoked for him once in a while. :blink:;)

Salty, I gotta say, you are rock-solid. Even after all the SA folks insult you and poke endless fun at you, you never drop your self-respect and resort to the same kind of name calling. And you always support Reid regardless. I like Reid too, but I don't have your level of commitment. And I like to make fun of him a bit too, which isn't really right, but I can't help myself sometimes. You never do that.

A few weeks ago, while taking a shave, I had a little epiphany, and I deconstructed a bit of this story. People love to hate Reid because in his writings he often comes across as a self-important snob who somehow has access to greater facilities than the rest of us.

But when you know him for a while, you see that part of this is just his inability to artfully swing his point of view. In person, he's humble, and plainly admits that the NASA stuff and other doo-dads are just methods to add a bit of zing to his trips. We hold him guilty of his shortcomings and crappy choices ... drugs, women, money. But I think if he were more self-depreciating, we wouldn't be so hard on him about these things. If he did the standard AA line and used every other sentence to say how stupid he used to be and how he's trying to turn his life around through the voyage, then we would probably all gather behind him for one big "awww" and then rapidly lose all interest in him.

But he doesn't seem to believe that he's lived a life of mistakes, and that's a good thing, because his life seems no more or less clouded than any of ours, at least mine.

And although we don't see it, he really is humble. He does tend to go on about the spiritual importance of his life, but he's rarely mentioned his experience and skill with sailing. And even though most people here would publically proclaim that he is in fact not a skilled sailor, I think we all would admit that anyone who has made the kind of trips he's made is seriously no joke in the sailing department. And it's true that he's barely sailing now, and that "drifting" would be a word that he would probably embrace himself. But this is not his entire history, he's seen weather and water that would probably scare the piss out of most of us.

Regardless, he'll continue to tell the world about his spiritual visions, and the world has never been kind to people that speak this way. I hope that he tones it down a bit, so that when he comes back he can make his segue into the mainstream and do the lecture circuit now and then, maybe open a sail repair loft, maybe set up Anne as one of those harborside attractions, maybe get a captains license, whatever.

He hasn't gone over the edge during his time apart, but I think he has forgotten how miserably vindictive his fellow man (and woman) can be when you're different from them.

No matter how you look at it, it's still a historic voyage. He's found a groove that's working for him. Let the dude make history and be stoked for him once in a while. :blink:;)

Salty, I gotta say, you are rock-solid. Even after all the SA folks insult you and poke endless fun at you, you never drop your self-respect and resort to the same kind of name calling. And you always support Reid regardless. I like Reid too, but I don't have your level of commitment. And I like to make fun of him a bit too, which isn't really right, but I can't help myself sometimes. You never do that.

A few weeks ago, while taking a shave, I had a little epiphany, and I deconstructed a bit of this story. People love to hate Reid because in his writings he often comes across as a self-important snob who somehow has access to greater facilities than the rest of us.

But when you know him for a while, you see that part of this is just his inability to artfully swing his point of view. In person, he's humble, and plainly admits that the NASA stuff and other doo-dads are just methods to add a bit of zing to his trips. We hold him guilty of his shortcomings and crappy choices ... drugs, women, money. But I think if he were more self-depreciating, we wouldn't be so hard on him about these things. If he did the standard AA line and used every other sentence to say how stupid he used to be and how he's trying to turn his life around through the voyage, then we would probably all gather behind him for one big "awww" and then rapidly lose all interest in him.

But he doesn't seem to believe that he's lived a life of mistakes, and that's a good thing, because his life seems no more or less clouded than any of ours, at least mine.

And although we don't see it, he really is humble. He does tend to go on about the spiritual importance of his life, but he's rarely mentioned his experience and skill with sailing. And even though most people here would publically proclaim that he is in fact not a skilled sailor, I think we all would admit that anyone who has made the kind of trips he's made is seriously no joke in the sailing department. And it's true that he's barely sailing now, and that "drifting" would be a word that he would probably embrace himself. But this is not his entire history, he's seen weather and water that would probably scare the piss out of most of us.

Regardless, he'll continue to tell the world about his spiritual visions, and the world has never been kind to people that speak this way. I hope that he tones it down a bit, so that when he comes back he can make his segue into the mainstream and do the lecture circuit now and then, maybe open a sail repair loft, maybe set up Anne as one of those harborside attractions, maybe get a captains license, whatever.

He hasn't gone over the edge during his time apart, but I think he has forgotten how miserably vindictive his fellow man (and woman) can be when you're different from them.

---------

No Mike, I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the unfortunate vindictiveness of people. Just as I am sure looking at his youthful relaxed vigor in the current photos, that he is spared the sometimes evil nature of men/women while existing in spiritual harmony in the natural world on the sea. \\

Remember, this forum thread was dedicated to the notion that a) he'd never leave the dock B) if he did he'd kill soanya and cause a costly SAR c) he would never in anyone's wildest dreams make it to 1,000 days cause his ill prepared and badly maintained cheese scow was bound to hit the bottom of the briny long before.

The main cry for a long time was that it was a suicide mission. Looking at his self pics now, I'd say he looks younger and more at peace now than he ever did before leaving to go to sea for 1,000 days. More credit to him. Some here may wish to give him his due, rather than cry their usual uselessly stupid rants, although I can barely imagine that actually happening.

None of these folks appear to wish to eat any crow about any of that. Just add some more fuel to the fire- light the fires and let the townspeople riot and burn all things Reid down. Sorta wicked I'd say.

He does deserve some regard for keeping sailing all these days. Surviving at sea is an art in itself, and he has proven indomitable and wise at doing exactly that all around this watery planet for an incredibly long and constant run.

Pip, if you don't care, then how come you're still posting? Why are you publishing old photos and articles if you don't give a shit about the stupid voyage? You have to admit, it appeals to all of you who follow this for laughs and trash. Although obviously you'd rather have stayed safely at home and watched the whole event from shore while talking trash from the past.

Happy Labor Day, and for those who don't think it takes work to prepare that boat and keep it afloat for this amount of time at sea, fuck off :).

"There are few real Anarchists, and most of those are dead."

Hey Duck, agreed about the Anarchists, history has poisoned their memory, except for those who root out the truth. Have you ever read Homage to Catalonia, by George Orwell?

Full text here from Australia's Project Gutenberg.

There is one common thread that has joined together Fascists, Communists and Capitalists since the days of Buenaventura Durruti, hatred of the Anarchists.

.....People love to hate Reid because in his writings he often comes across as a self-important snob who somehow has access to greater facilities than the rest of us.

.....We hold him guilty of his shortcomings and crappy choices ... drugs, women, money. But I think if he were more self-depreciating, we wouldn't be so hard on him about these things...

You're getting there, Mikey. Those are among the primary reasons why my women friends can't stand reading anything by this creep. Note I didn't say HATE. 'Twill be a real challenge to sell that monumental ego to the public.........

So Sir Wagger Duck ~ why the name change? Racing Wag, Razer Wire... Gawd, I hope you're not going to turn this puppet into another SparkyHo to "teach us a lesson"!

PS: Interesting avatar choice... doing that to piss off Jesse?

Pip, if you don't care, then how come you're still posting? Why are you publishing old photos and articles if you don't give a shit about the stupid voyage? You have to admit, it appeals to all of you who follow this for laughs and trash. Although obviously you'd rather have stayed safely at home and watched the whole event from shore while talking trash from the past.

i love the storyline and characters.

i post the flashbacks because they chronicle the mars oddysea, both good and bad. the fraudulent claims and accounting of funds, and insane pomposity of Captain Stowe are part of the story too.

honestly, its amazing what an attention whore reid is..its hard to believe the massive mountains of crap about him on the internet.

reid hopped onto the web in its infancy and it has served him very well. he uses landlubber's romantic ideas about seafaring to his advantage; he has his pitch finely honed and he plays the role of EXPLORER to the hilt.

what you don't like about the flashbacks (rw) is that many of them show what hogwash reid spouted in order to raise donations.

he even hyped his own marriage to raise money.

you would like everyone to accept whatever au courant version of 1000 days reid espouses.

what's wrong with getting a more complete and accurate story?

reid (and his ANONYMUS shoreteam) would like a sanitized version of 1000 days to be the only one available to the public.

reid will lie and cheat if he thinks he can get away with it; he always has.

he told the judge sentencing him that he was taking blind people sailing and he was helping NASA.

in this article he is claiming the reporter for the daily news 'fabricated' the facts we all know are documented.

http://www.soundingsonline.com/news/coastw...s-mission-.html

Along with many parts of the globe, Stowe has also put a family issue behind him. Stowe says the $10,000 in child support he owed an ex-wife, Iris Allarmira, mother of his daughter, Viva, has been paid in full. The news of the support issue broke in a New York Daily News report last year, a story Stowe calls “fabricated and exaggerated.”

we all know reid would never have paid that warrant were it not for the bad publicity it engendered.

and NO its not alright to be a deadbeat dad, a role he is now reprising!

wofsey is right in some things. if reid (and soanya) were honest people, they wouldn't catch so much shit.

while you are correct rw, many here said reid would sink and railed about his pos boat and lack of sailing skills, i did not.

i am a singlehander and my boat is a beloved pos and i have many jury rigs too. i am not a racer and i actually love being becalmed. i have a dicey little motor i use only in crowded ports; i am happy sitting around at sea waiting for the wind.

i believe the 1000 days at sea mars ocean oddysea was over a long time ago when reid stopped to drop off soanya and when he quit sailing.

currently, i believe he is lying ahull. he is even dishonest enough to rename that tactic the 'sacred slipside' and claim it is beyond a simple sailor such as i to comprehend.

i was always taught that was a risky maneuver and have never employed it, evidently reid knows better and it has obviously worked well for him thus far. i do wonder how he stands rolling gunnel to gunnel day after day.

you are mistaken to attribute malice to my posts, rw.

there are many flashbacks i have not posted because they would hurt people who don't deserve it. why? because mr. crumb bum has pulled alot of shit during his life and never cared for anyone but himself; he is a textbook narcissist.

WOW!!

866-003.jpg

Day 866 - September 5, 2009

Wind SW 18 knots, Course WNW, Speed 5.2 knots, Position 9*29n by 17*57w

The Biggest Mahi

The last fish I caught was a tuna a few months ago. I only catch what I need. I eat fish every day. After I salt and dry a big fish it lasts a long time. When I decided it was time for more food I threw my line in again and on the first try I caught a mahi. I pulled him up to the schooner and into the air and he got away! After a few more throws I pulled a big tuna into the air and he got away. After that they would not bite the lure. I tried the next morning and they still would not go for it. After a few days I gave up, but I knew a fresh pack would show up.

We had two days in a row of stormy, rainy, shifty, windy weather. We took it as it came and the current and the wind moved us all around. The next day broke sunny and it looked like a different world. I saw the neon blue and yellow mahi surfing to the schooner in a transparent wavetop and figured that a new school had arrived. I put on my light cotton gloves with the thin red rubber on the palms. They are the best for gripping any kind of line. I went into my position on the downwind side of the schooner and lowered the highest lifeline and put it out of the way. Then I laid the lure out on deck ahead of me and paid out 50 feet of line making sure I was not standing on it. Just in front of the main shrouds is the best and only position I throw from and land fish.

Wherever they are around the schooner they see and hear the lure. I don't have to throw it off the bow if they are swimming ahead of us. The mahi swim so fast, I have seen them swim faster than a flying fish flies, then jump up and catch the flying fish in the air. While I am pulling in my lure, I have seen them swim up to it, eye it and reject it. So when I throw the lure out I concentrate only on the line and pull it in as fast as I can.

This I did and on my first throw I knew I had a big one on the line. When I tried to pull him over the lifeline he was too big and heavy and fighting too hard, so I shifted my grip and pulled him over the much lower rail of the boat. I was huffing and puffing out of breath, but I still thanked him American Indian style. This was the biggest fish I caught yet and I sure hope I don't hook a bigger one.

Why the hell is he sailing?

Is he actually going somewhere?

Expected at least a few more months of the driftathon.

Perhaps he wants to hurl his vessel into the path of some unsuspecting Maersk unit.

You know, Mike, it's painful to admit but I actually agree with you regarding the saltster. His/her combination of dogged perseverance in the face of abject ridicule whilst never resorting to the 'snappy comebacks and funny put downs' that everyone else seems to sling is really laudable.

Not entertaining, but laudable.

Salty, I gotta say, you are rock-solid. Even after all the SA folks insult you and poke endless fun at you, you never drop your self-respect...

You know, Mike, it's painful to admit but I actually agree with you regarding the saltster. His/her combination of dogged perseverance in the face of abject ridicule whilst never resorting to the 'snappy comebacks and funny put downs' that everyone else seems to sling is really laudable.

Quite possibly the kindest words Sailflat has ever heard on this thread... B)