Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Man Marries A Videogame

Apparently, a Japanese gamer known as 'Sal9000' was officially wed to Nene Anegasaki, one of the game's three virtual girlfriends, in what must have been the weirdest ceremony in the history of ceremonies. We can only assume that Ms. Pac-Man was the maid of honor.

Good God,what next? Will some people start using their computer for sexual satisfaction?

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Posted Images

Day 950 One Breath Out Part 3 Saturday, 28 November 2009

As my breath is still going out and I am chanting Om, then my inner voice says, "The Fierce Warriors” and I visualize a sphere of scary guardian spirits around me and I say thank you. This part of the meditation comes directly from Tibetan Yoga. Perhaps you have seen the Wrathful Deities in Oriental art. Also every ancient and still primitive culture in the world over the ages has created protective Gods in scary guises. They are good forces meant to frighten away negative elements. Then I say “the lighting love" and visualize lightening bolts through hearts going out and greeting everything that comes into my range and I say thank you. Then I say, “the seven realizations, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, violet" visualizing each color as the last of my breath goes out and I say thank you. I slowly breathe in imagining the seven colors rising and lighting up each of my seven chakras. Then I begin to chant Om and do the same meditation again. It sounds complicated, but I have been building and doing this meditation nearly everyday since I was a teenager. Like a prayer or chant that the devotee keeps track of on their rosary beads, I have done the basic rainbows rising up the chakras more than 1000 times a day many times in my life. Even now I do that meditation through out the day and night as well as saying my “universal sailors' prayer” that I have written about a few times earlier in the voyage. I have read that Christian monks claim to think of Jesus with every breath! So what I am doing is a part time devotion compared to them. Using breath to center, empower and direct our intent to divine communion is a very effective way to self realization and life fulfillment.Reid

OK.....Now I get it.

Thanks, Dude.

Love,

RD

Man Marries A Videogame

Apparently, a Japanese gamer known as 'Sal9000' was officially wed to Nene Anegasaki, one of the game's three virtual girlfriends, in what must have been the weirdest ceremony in the history of ceremonies. We can only assume that Ms. Pac-Man was the maid of honor.

Good God,what next? Will some people start using their computer for sexual satisfaction?

YEP!

realtouch-a-sex-toy-for-man-plugs-into-your-computers-usb-port-449x287.jpg

http://www.techchee.com/2009/01/12/realtou...-engineer-nsfw/

TWO people not keeping watch (in those MAJOR shipping lanes you just described) is NEGLIGENCE ~ particularly on the part of the skipper that days earlier advised against a night watch (which you should go back and read, apparently).

vs.

A solo sailor (Sanders, or now Stowe) needing sleep making a conscious decision to accept the risk, and it's an unfortunate accident if a collision occurs.

I'm not an idiot ~ you are for trying to paint Stowe as a victim in his collision. Bullshit. The USCG didn't think so, either.

I know what you wrote, I can read.

Couldn't one argue that Sanders was similarly negligent for sailing solo without the requisite electronic and reflectance avoidance systems? These did exist in the 1980s, y'know.

You claim that I "paint Stowe as a victim" but I didn't. I claim he was involved in an accident, same as Sanders.

Next thing you know someone will say Sanders was a drug smuggler & deadbeat dad just to make his similarity to Stowe complete.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to claim that Jon Sanders' is a better sailor than any of us, even better than all of us, perhaps even the toilet cable he ejects on a daily basis is a better sailor than many of us.

And Sanders doesn't seem to have any problem with Stowe, they're friends.

Do you know something about Stowe that Sanders doesn't? Perhaps you should tell him so that Sanders can send Stowe a little SA-style bitchiness too!

Cheers!

Next thing you know someone will say Sanders was a drug smuggler & deadbeat dad just to make his similarity to Stowe complete.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to claim that Jon Sanders' is a better sailor than any of us, even better than all of us, perhaps even the toilet cable he ejects on a daily basis is a better sailor than many of us.

And Sanders doesn't seem to have any problem with Stowe, they're friends.

Do you know something about Stowe that Sanders doesn't? Perhaps you should tell him so that Sanders can send Stowe a little SA-style bitchiness too!

Cheers!

friends? really? how do you figure that? i mean i don't know but what makes you think you know that they are friends?

TWO people not keeping watch (in those MAJOR shipping lanes you just described) is NEGLIGENCE ~ particularly on the part of the skipper that days earlier advised against a night watch (which you should go back and read, apparently).

vs.

A solo sailor (Sanders, or now Stowe) needing sleep making a conscious decision to accept the risk, and it's an unfortunate accident if a collision occurs.

I'm not an idiot ~ you are for trying to paint Stowe as a victim in his collision. Bullshit. The USCG didn't think so, either.

I know what you wrote, I can read.

Couldn't one argue that Sanders was similarly negligent for sailing solo without the requisite electronic and reflectance avoidance systems? These did exist in the 1980s, y'know.

You claim that I "paint Stowe as a victim" but I didn't. I claim he was involved in an accident, same as Sanders.

All long distance single handed sailing is somewhat negligent. It is something that single hand sailors have never been able to escape.

Double handed sailing, especially double handed drifting as Reid was doing, is different. It is inexcusable to fail to keep a proper watch with two people on board.

Every year tons of sailors safely and responsibly participate in single handed and double handed races crossing shipping lanes without issue. I'm one of those. Reid managed to plow his boat (outfitted with a CARD system) directly into the side of a container ship. There is nothing you can say to defend his actions or somehow diminish this event.

Your hero is an incompetent panhandler. Get over it.

All long distance single handed sailing is somewhat negligent. It is something that single hand sailors have never been able to escape.

Double handed sailing, especially double handed drifting as Reid was doing, is different. It is inexcusable to fail to keep a proper watch with two people on board.

There is negligence by definition of having to sleep while sailing solo, and then there is negligence in not making one's boat light up like a Christmas tree on someone's radar while having sleep while sailing solo.

I don't know if Sanders or Stowe did that. Yeah, Stowe had Soanya on board, and she was probably useful for a watch in the first few nights. But only a very dedicated sailor can keep up night watches weeks and months on end. And the "shipping lanes" they sailed through cover the space between Europe and N/C America like a plate of spaghetti, it's not the kind of thing someone can say "hey, let's be extra vigilant on our watch, we're going through a shipping lane but we'll be out of it in a day."

Every year tons of sailors safely and responsibly participate in single handed and double handed races crossing shipping lanes without issue. I'm one of those. Reid managed to plow his boat (outfitted with a CARD system) directly into the side of a container ship. There is nothing you can say to defend his actions or somehow diminish this event.

That's good that you're such a safety-minded person. How long you were at sea in your race?

Folks like Sanders and Ellen MacArthur and Stowe sail on a different scale from regular folks. Your ideas of what is possible for your two week sail race are very difficult to apply to what they do. It's like comparing the Paris-Dakar rally to the Indy 500.

Speaking of which, I know the bloke that did the first solo trans-Sahara on a motorcycle. On a trip like that you're not using your turn-signals and checking your rear-view mirrors, Shife.

friends? really? how do you figure that? i mean i don't know but what makes you think you know that they are friends?

Eh, who knows? But Sanders did take time away from work and from sailing to meet Stowe offshore in his launch, and before the trip he wished him well (and gave him 20 to 1 odds of breaking his own record).

I guess one of us is going to have to ask Sanders what he really thinks about Stowe.

Come to think of it ... is there anyone on this thread who has negative opinions about Stowe who actually knows him and has met him? I don't remember anyone from the old days at Pier 63 who didn't like him.

Reid will certainly go down as one of the all time greatest sailors. Single handing a schooner and mending the sails by hand would have slowed down Sanders too. Both all time great sailors with apparently different backgrounds, although I don't find Reids nearly as bad as some of you guys seem to. I don't think that pot's ever killed anybody. :ph34r:

• Downvote 1
Reid will certainly go down as one of the all time greatest sailors. Single handing a schooner and mending the sails by hand would have slowed down Sanders too. Both all time great sailors with apparently different backgrounds, although I don't find Reids nearly as bad as some of you guys seem to. I don't think that pot's ever killed anybody. :ph34r:

Don't get carried away there Salty. Sanders did what he did in a bantam-weight boat compared to Stowe's heavyweight. His stove broke after leaving, and he spent two years eating cold food and battling infection. He was bashed by whales, hit by the coat-edges of a typhoon and he didn't have a sat-uplink.

They're opposite ...

Sanders is like a soft cotton doll wrapped in a suit of titanium. Stowe is an iron bar wrapped in Hibiscus-flavored Jello.

There is negligence by definition of having to sleep while sailing solo, and then there is negligence in not making one's boat light up like a Christmas tree on someone's radar while having sleep while sailing solo.

I don't know if Sanders or Stowe did that. Yeah, Stowe had Soanya on board, and she was probably useful for a watch in the first few nights. But only a very dedicated sailor can keep up night watches weeks and months on end. And the "shipping lanes" they sailed through cover the space between Europe and N/C America like a plate of spaghetti, it's not the kind of thing someone can say "hey, let's be extra vigilant on our watch, we're going through a shipping lane but we'll be out of it in a day."

That's good that you're such a safety-minded person. How long you were at sea in your race?

Folks like Sanders and Ellen MacArthur and Stowe sail on a different scale from regular folks. Your ideas of what is possible for your two week sail race are very difficult to apply to what they do. It's like comparing the Paris-Dakar rally to the Indy 500.

Speaking of which, I know the bloke that did the first solo trans-Sahara on a motorcycle. On a trip like that you're not using your turn-signals and checking your rear-view mirrors, Shife.

You are a complete knob. Lighting up your boat or making it more visible on radar does not absolve you of the ABSOLUTE NECESSITY of maintaining a proper watch and the REQUIREMENT to avoid collision. A double handed crew that can't figure out a watch schedule has no business being at sea. There are rules that apply to everyone when you're on the water. It's not some hippie free love freedom fest out there.

Be sure to let me know as soon as you get a report of a freighter crossing the Saharan desert. I don't give a shit if you personally know the first guy to set foot on the moon. You know jack shit about sailing.

Your pal looks bad because he's made an ass of himself in front of a majority of the sailing community. You blindly stick up for him because you don't have the experience and knowledge to know any better.

I'm sure the NY art society types think he's just great. The sailing community at large, NASA, and pretty much everybody else thinks of him as a punchline.

Sanders is like a soft cotton doll wrapped in a suit of titanium. Stowe is an iron bar wrapped in Hibiscus-flavored Jello.

What, exactly, are you implying?

Your pal looks bad because he's made an ass of himself in front of a majority of the sailing community. You blindly stick up for him because you don't have the experience and knowledge to know any better.

I'm sure the NY art society types think he's just great. The sailing community at large, NASA, and pretty much everybody else thinks of him as a punchline.

This post struck an unusually sympathetic chord in me.

Eh, who knows? But Sanders did take time away from work and from sailing to meet Stowe offshore in his launch, and before the trip he wished him well (and gave him 20 to 1 odds of breaking his own record).

I guess one of us is going to have to ask Sanders what he really thinks about Stowe.

Come to think of it ... is there anyone on this thread who has negative opinions about Stowe who actually knows him and has met him? I don't remember anyone from the old days at Pier 63 who didn't like him.

Eh, who knows? Very disappointing and typical hollow response there Mike.

Sanders didn't have to go far "offshore" to aid the "incapacitated from seasickness" Soanya.

Did you watch the Sanders interview?

This post struck an unusually sympathetic chord in me.

Here.

kleenex.jpg

Probably to bypass Australia's tough entry inspection laws, their Coast Guard was told Soanya was GRAVELY ILL. The RPYC people that arranged her "rescue" were somewhat taken aback to find her quite able to jump aboard their launch, and then mow into a ham sandwich. Sanders was asked by 1000 Days to take part ~ no doubt for publicity ~ how could he refuse to help this GRAVELY ILL young miss? By all accounts, he's a kind and humble man that won't badmouth Stowe before he lands and starts publicly claiming the solo record.

Yes, there have been negative opinions posted here by several people that know Stowe. I'll leave it to them to speak up again if they want.

4142972491_2af9c4023e_o.jpg

You are a complete knob. Lighting up your boat or making it more visible on radar does not absolve you of the ABSOLUTE NECESSITY of maintaining a proper watch and the REQUIREMENT to avoid collision. A double handed crew that can't figure out a watch schedule has no business being at sea. There are rules that apply to everyone when you're on the water. It's not some hippie free love freedom fest out there.

Rule #2: If you can't watch for them, make sure they can see you.

Be sure to let me know as soon as you get a report of a freighter crossing the Saharan desert. I don't give a shit if you personally know the first guy to set foot on the moon. You know jack shit about sailing.

I have no doubt you read Chapman every night before dozing off to sleep ... but reality dictates what a person can do. Single-hand sails can't have a 24-hour watch, an untrained passenger is only good for limited duty, the drive from Ely to Tonopah practically requires the driver to ignore the speed limit and the rules on transporting fuel.

The amount of danger that Anne presented to that freighter was nil, and Soanya made the decision to go as a consenting adult. There is jaywalking, and there is drunk-driving. Go peddle your rules to Joseph Hazelwood, he needs to listen to you a lot more than Stowe.

Eh. End fact, he's doing something that leads to a punchline, and you're not doing anything to deserve a punchline.

Oh wait, was that a punchline? I stand corrected.

What, exactly, are you implying?

I used to live next to Stowe, but I only saw Sanders at an event in Sydney, so I can only base what I know of him on the books and journos.

BUT, even though he is one of the toughest sailors walking the planet, he is generous and soft. He nearly adopted an abandoned kid and made him his sailing protege, he donates time, money and energy to various nonprofits in Oz, and I've never read anything where he's ever spoken ill of someone.

Even in his trawler collision, for instance, he accepted the blame and said he should have payed more attention.

That's why this SA thread is so silly ... Sanders TOWERS over all the sailors here, and he doesn't see the need to rip into Stowe. But toss a financial analyst into a few beer can races, give him a Transatlantic, and suddenly he's qualified to pick apart everything Stowe does.

Probably to bypass Australia's tough entry inspection laws, their Coast Guard was told Soanya was GRAVELY ILL. The RPYC people that arranged her "rescue" were somewhat taken aback to find her quite able to jump aboard their launch, and then mow into a ham sandwich. Sanders was asked by 1000 Days to take part ~ no doubt for publicity ~ how could he refuse to help this GRAVELY ILL young miss? By all accounts, he's a kind and humble man that won't badmouth Stowe before he lands and starts publicly claiming the solo record.

I see you haven't spent much time around pregnant women.

Also, Oz's entry laws aren't that tough for a person, you just need a visa and you can't bring in any plants or animals.

Yes, there have been negative opinions posted here by several people that know Stowe. I'll leave it to them to speak up again if they want.

crickets_1.wav

sanders took time to get a sick girl off a boat. do you think he would have just gone out to meet and greet stowe but for the sick girl or the request for assistance? i doubt it, but i don't know sanders...there are people who post here that do. maybe they could answer the question...meanwhile you might do best not to perpetuate a hovian rumour that you have no personal knowledge of (that sanders is stowe's friend).

i believe there were a couple of posters here that did/do know stowe that didn't appear to like him much.

When debating dead trees, "hollow" is about the best tactic one can use.

Sanders didn't have to go far "offshore" to aid the "incapacitated from seasickness" Soanya.

C'mon. You're implying that Sanders was tricked or that he couldn't have just sent one of his employees?

blah blah blah

Why do you stick up for this guy? He was negligent and endangered himself, his crew, and the saftey of others. There is no spin that you can apply to change that. He is no less incompetent than the two pilots that overshot their destination by 150mi. Every time you post in defense of this guy's actions you further prove that you have no experience other than drifting around in a chlorox bottle within sight of land.

Hitting a submerged container is an accident. Running into the side of a moving container ship is negligence.

Do some research on shorthanded racing or look into the travels of Beth and Evan Starzinger (Evan posts here) or others like them. Try to actually learn what in the hell you're talking about and stop making shit up. Reid is just some fruitcake drifting around on a fiber reinforced chunk of bondo claiming insane things. Outside of this thread and a few people in NY nobody gives a shit about some washed up loser floating around for days on end. If it wasn't for a few rabid idiots here this thread would have died long ago. If he ever gets back to land he'll join the ranks of Roz Forrest, the aluminum tri retard, Frank Mighetto, and the rest of the running jokes around here. He has made no contributions to the sport or mankind of note. The only thing he'll possibly be noted for is drifting around for an extended period of time.

Deal with it.

Would I qualify in Wofsey-land for having BEEN one? Trust me, morning sickness sucks, but not enough to alert the Coast Guard for being GRAVELY ILL. Does she appear GRAVELY ILL in that photo?

Also, Oz's entry laws aren't that tough for a person, you just need a visa and you can't bring in any plants or animals.

Or FELONS like Weed.

Would I qualify in Wofsey-land for having BEEN one? Trust me, morning sickness sucks, but not enough to alert the Coast Guard for being GRAVELY ILL. Does she appear GRAVELY ILL in that photo?

Or FELONS like Weed.

He's clearly an expert on pregnant women. Just like he's an expert on the personal relationship between Reid and Sanders.

Honestly... what would a woman know about being pregnant...

Or FELONS like Weed.

He's clearly an expert on pregnant women. Just like he's an expert on the personal relationship between Reid and Sanders.

Honestly... what would a woman know about being pregnant...

No shit. Well, I'm sure Mikey will soon tell me all about it :lol:

Why do you stick up for this guy?

If I didn't know him, and live next to him for a few seasons, then perhaps I might view him the same way y'all do, as a fruitcake weirdo.

But then maybe not.

I like people who do things. Anything reasonably constructive, or at least not destructive. Regardless of what he has done, what he's doing now is interesting, if nothing else. That part is undeniable, and the reason you're on this thread.

Who knows? You implied you live in Buenos Aires. Then somewhere else it was California. What's the truth?

Now you're writing that you're a woman who was pregnant, but you had to ask silly questions about getting sick during pregnancy. And then you imply that pregnancy is not grounds to be removed from a multi-year trip. What lady's restroom in hell do you hang out in where you expect pregnant women to deliver on a schooner?

No offense babe, but that's dude-talk.

C'mon. You're implying that Sanders was tricked or that he couldn't have just sent one of his employees?

What, are you stumped?

How could you possibly think I implied anything of the sort? Why was Soanya removed from the vessel? Did you watch Sander's interview? Do your homework.

Move on Cliff.

Barleymalt has it right... ignore.

But as a finale, Mike, the only question I asked is if you see a GRAVELY ILL young lady in that photo. That was the PRETENSE (as discussed by the surprised Aussies that "rescued" her) to get her off The Anne with their help, (and presumably avoid very real Customs issues).

I was happy to see her escape, especially since we now know they suspected (for at least six weeks prior) that she was pregnant. She was living like a hermit down below in that damp moldy (her description: "of all colors, everywhere") tub. By that point it took a lot of persuasion to get her to even step out in the sun (that also from her writings), though she often went days without feeling nauseous or being sick.

What, are you stumped?

How could you possibly think I implied anything of the sort? Why was Soanya removed from the vessel? Did you watch Sander's interview? Do your homework.

Move on Cliff.

Soanya was removed from the vessel because she was pregnant. If Sanders didn't want to get involved he could have sent one of his employees in the launch. And you seemed to suggest that he did so due to publicity. I don't see why Sanders would need any publicity, he's one of the greatest heroes in the history of Australia and the world.

Regardless, I apologize for my misunderstanding. I saw the video some time ago, and I no longer have the link. Would you be so kind as to supply it?

Thanks!

What, are you stumped?

Move on Cliff.

Soanya was removed from the vessel because she was pregnant. If Sanders didn't want to get involved he could have sent one of his employees in the launch. And you seemed to suggest that he did so due to publicity. I don't see why Sanders would need any publicity, he's one of the greatest heroes in the history of Australia and the world.

Regardless, I apologize for my misunderstanding. I saw the video some time ago, and I no longer have the link. Would you be so kind as to supply it?

Thanks!

Sanders doesn't need publicity and didn't do it for that reason. He was being a gentleman reflecting purely corinthian motivations.

Barleymalt has it right... ignore.

But as a finale, Mike, the only question I asked is if you see a GRAVELY ILL young lady in that photo. That was the PRETENSE (as discussed by the surprised Aussies that "rescued" her) to get her off The Anne with their help, (and presumably avoid very real Customs issues).

I was happy to see her escape, especially since we now know they suspected (for at least six weeks prior) that she was pregnant. She was living like a hermit down below in that damp moldy (her description: "of all colors, everywhere") tub. By that point it took a lot of persuasion to get her to even step out in the sun (that also from her writings), though she often went days without feeling nauseous or being sick.

If memory serves, Barley "ignored" me when I asked for modification of the specifics of his challenge that both the Colorado Avalanche and the Columbus Blue Jackets would finish this season ranked higher than the Detroit Red Wings. In your case perhaps it is Buenos Aires and pregnancy, but so be it.

As to 1000 Days, I do NOT see a gravely ill young lady in the photo, she seems quite happy to be removed from the schooner. Pregnancy is funny like that -- as you know since you claim to have once been a pregnant women -- one minute the expectant mother is miserable, the next her adrenal gland is pumping feel-goods like a firehose. Regardless, if Soanya were not to be removed from the schooner, her condition could clearly have been life-threatening, since delivery of a baby in poor conditions is very dangerous.

I don't see the point of your argument, perhaps you can clarify by simply stating your position rather than using cryptics.

I have found Australian Customs to be wonderfully accommodating. If you have a valid passport and a visa, there is no need for pretense. And if she didn't have a visa and had a life-threatening condition to be removed from the ship (which as you know pregnancy is) then they would have no problem issuing her a temporary visa. You seem to be implying that her illness was made-up in order to bypass strict Australian tourist regulations and save a trip to port. They wouldn't want to go to port to avoid the resupply issue, and Jon Sanders is apparently a swell bloke who is not consumed with hatred for Stowe.

Wow, go figure!

Sanders doesn't need publicity and didn't do it for that reason. He was being a gentleman reflecting purely corinthian motivations.

Exactly, we're in agreement then. Sanders is a gentleman and apparently harbors no ill will toward Stowe.

With what do you disagree with me then?

The Aussies were NOT told she was pregnant ~ only that she was GRAVELY ILL, and Sanders was asked by MC to join the RPYC members in her removal from The Anne. So far as you found Australian Customs to be wonderfully accommodating, I guess that means you didn't arrive like Stowe ~ as an unwelcome felon bearing sprouts.

What's cryptic? You don't understand the word PRETENSE?

The Aussies were NOT told she was pregnant ~ only that she was GRAVELY ILL, and Sanders was asked by MC to join the RPYC members in her removal from The Anne. So far as you found Australian Customs to be wonderfully accommodating, I guess that means you didn't arrive like Stowe ~ as an unwelcome felon bearing sprouts.

She was gravely ill. If she wasn't removed from the boat she would have possibly ended up in a grave. Delivery without proper care can do that to a person.

You write that they didn't know she was pregnant. I don't know if that is true or not. Regardless, are you implying that Soanya knew that she was pregnant and hid that fact from everyone because Australia would not allow her into the country if they knew she was pregnant?

How do you justify this? Why would they not let her in? Also, it's fairly clear that Stowe didn't want to port, he was going for the record.

What is the "pretense" that you claim? How do you even know that she knew she was pregnant? Do you happen to know that she had an EPT with her?

I never said she would be turned away from Australia, even if they had been truthful about the true circumstances. DOCTORS from the RPYC (and SA members, BTW) went out to meet The Anne, half-expecting to administer life support. Instead, they watched her hop into their RIB, smile, and scarf down a ham sandwich. Then one doctor very kindly took her to his home, gave her spending money, and a grand tour of Perth for a few days before she flew out to NYC.

She admitted knowing she was pregnant in the draft of her book that she peddling around to literary agents. Go back and read their posts ~ about six weeks prior, Weed was suddenly learning the electrical systems and she was sorting through her clothes.......

FFS, will those of you that insist on engaging Wofsey PLEASE stop quoting him?.

Yeah, Barley's eyes suddenly became revirginized when he saw the writing on the wall about his precious Red Wings.

No Wofsey. After initially giving you the benefit of the doubt, I realized that you just like to argue. The fact that you know very little about the things you want to argue about at excruciating length doesn't faze you in the least, but for someone that does have some knowledge of the topic makes it a complete waste of time. You know as little about hockey as you do about sailing, naval architecture, beer and any other topic you have infested with your word babble here. You spout outlandish crap and then expect to be taken seriously in a community that has a very low tolerance for posers and bullshit. I hope for your sake that you do know something about desalination. Now back on ignore you go. Have a nice life.

I never said she would be turned away from Australia, even if they had been truthful about the true circumstances. DOCTORS from the RPYC (and SA members, BTW) went out to meet The Anne, half-expecting to administer life support. Instead, they watched her hop into their RIB, smile, and scarf down a ham sandwich. Then one doctor very kindly took her to his home, gave her spending money, and a grand tour of Perth for a few days before she flew out to NYC.

She admitted knowing she was pregnant in the draft of her book that she peddling around to literary agents. Go back and read their posts ~ about six weeks prior, Weed was suddenly learning the electrical systems and she was sorting through her clothes.......

I didn't read that part, would you provide a reference where they went out to the Schooner "half-expecting to administer life support"? I also don't see anything that shows that Sanders things poorly of Reid. Maybe you have better references than I have?

Anyway, you since you live in Buenos Aires, you should acquaint yourself with Natalia Clavier, she's one of Argentina's greatest artists.

El Arbol

Azul

No Wofsey. After initially giving you the benefit of the doubt, I realized that you just like to argue. The fact that you know very little about the things you want to argue about at excruciating length doesn't faze you in the least, but for someone that does have some knowledge of the topic makes it a complete waste of time. You know as little about hockey as you do about sailing, naval architecture, beer and any other topic you have infested with your word babble here. You spout outlandish crap and then expect to be taken seriously in a community that has a very low tolerance for posers and bullshit. I hope for your sake that you do know something about desalination. Now back on ignore you go. Have a nice life.

So let me get this straight ...

You took me off of ignore to tell me how little I know about hockey, Froude's Law, tasty beer and presumably desalination ... and then you put me back on ignore?

Are you one of my wife's girlfriends?

Mike - The whole Reid/Sanders thing is bull shit.

You and MC should play that angle. Reid can claim the North Egret Wing Root Chakra crap, but if he ever tries to elevate himself by mentioning Sanders, it will be another Bingo-Bango moment.

Sanders and Stowe are different in so many ways, but what history will remember is that Stowe played the pussy role, while Sanders took on the elements.

Sanders did the Dakar race screaming his ass off for the thrill, while Stowe is napping in the handicap space at Walmart.

Sanders - Cool

Stowe - Not so much.

You've got beautiful kids, Mike. Please find them a better role model.

You and MC should play that angle. Reid can claim the North Egret Wing Root Chakra crap, but if he ever tries to elevate himself by mentioning Sanders, it will be another Bingo-Bango moment.

He didn't do that. Rather, I am amused that Sanders doesn't seem to have any problem with Stowe, and he's probably one of the top five greatest living sailors. Why don't we all just take a cue from Sanders and chill out about Stowe? All this bitching is bad for our constitutions.

Sanders and Stowe are different in so many ways, but what history will remember is that Stowe played the pussy role, while Sanders took on the elements.

Sanders did the Dakar race screaming his ass off for the thrill, while Stowe is napping in the handicap space at Walmart.

Sanders - Cool

Stowe - Not so much.

No question, he had more than enough time to round the Horn, he could have done it again at least. But that's not his bag, who am I to judge? He's not trying to be Sanders, and nobody would put him in Sanders class. But before he started the trip, Sanders gave him one-in-twenty odds (or something like that) of finishing, and he did it. That's worth a little something I think. And if anyone could be moaning about Stowe it could be Sanders, but he isn't, so what the heck is our excuse?

Personally, I could care less. Stowe will have his life, he'll go on regardless what our little back alley full of back alley cats has to wail about. But the wailing ends up impacting the wailer worse than the subject. It's like the Beyonce quote: ""Think of rude people as sandpaper. They may rub you the wrong way but after a while you come out all polished and new. And the sandpaper? It'll be all worn and ugly."

Come on! Do you think they give a rats arse about Stowe or anyone else? Their role models are their teachers and Nanna and Pawpaw and sometimes even their mommy and daddy.

I would have no problem introducing them to Reid ... he's doing something. Yeah, he smuggled weed and did whatever other crimes he has been tried for on the pages of SA. So what? When we used to live in Battery Park City they played with the children of white collar financial criminals that probably still have not been caught and have destroyed the futures of far more people than someone like Reid has ever even met.

Seriously Bob, who are we to judge? If we were truly worthy of judging Reid Stowe then we would be at the center of the universe and the Almighty would be down here stuck behind an eight-year-old iBook writing drivel on SA and trying to decipher electrostatic-induced saline gradients.

By the way ... thanks for the nice words about my daughters.

Sanders - Cool

Stowe - Not so much.

Hey RD,

Why, after all this time, and all the bullshit, don't you just put him on ignore? I have to hand it to you, you have a ton more patience than me, and quite few others around here. Can we nominate you for a record for putting up with wofsey's bs for 1000 days? Your experience might actually be useful to NASA, in case there is someone truly annoying on the Mars crew....

dash

He's not trying to be Sanders, and nobody would put him in Sanders class.

Nonsense! One of his stated goals was, and still is, to beat Sanders record.

back on ignore you go....

Agree with both your points Billy.

Click

He's not trying to be Sanders, and nobody would put him in Sanders class.

Nonsense! One of his stated goals was, and still is, to beat Sanders record.

back on ignore you go....

You write "nonsense" when I write that "nobody would put him in Sanders' class." Are you sure YOU aren't the Reid Stowe fan?

Stowe is going for the endurance drifting record, but only a fool would define Sanders in terms of endurance drifting. Sanders isn't famous for the amount of time he spent in his boat, he's famous for the distance he covered under wretched conditions and his superb single-handing. Sanders is the prototype sailing adventurer, he's inspired thousands to try their own adventures.

We may only make a passage from Sydney to Nomeau or L.A. to Waikiki, or just around NYC, but while we're doing it, we're imagining ourselves as Jon Sanders. I think that one guy has probably inspired enough purchases to stave off bankruptcy for a few boat builders.

Sanders - Cool

Stowe - Not so much.

Hey RD,

Why, after all this time, and all the bullshit, don't you just put him on ignore? I have to hand it to you, you have a ton more patience than me, and quite few others around here. Can we nominate you for a record for putting up with wofsey's bs for 1000 days? Your experience might actually be useful to NASA, in case there is someone truly annoying on the Mars crew....

dash

Wofsey hasn't been here all along, I think he showed up after day 600. It just seems that long.

Who knows? You implied you live in Buenos Aires. Then somewhere else it was California. What's the truth?

Now you're writing that you're a woman who was pregnant, but you had to ask silly questions about getting sick during pregnancy. And then you imply that pregnancy is not grounds to be removed from a multi-year trip. What lady's restroom in hell do you hang out in where you expect pregnant women to deliver on a schooner?

No offense babe, but that's dude-talk.

I recall the whole Buenos Aires post, and you took an off hand comment to mean she lived there, she just never corrected you. It was not her implication that was wrong, it was what you inferred that was in error.

And pregnancy is not an illness, it is not life threatening. Delivery on that filthy boat would probably lead to a life threatening condition. But that's not what was said. It was not, we need to get her off the boat because she is pregnant. It was she was gravely ill. 2 vastly different things.

Delivery on that filthy boat would probably lead to a life threatening condition.

I think that is a bit overly alarmist.

I think if you used "possibly" instead of "probably" I could accept that.

Children were born and survived on the Mayflower, slavers, etc. not to mention the back seat of a taxi, dirt floor of a tent, bumping along a dusty trail in the back of a covered wagon... Not the best of conditions.

I recall the whole Buenos Aires post, and you took an off hand comment to mean she lived there, she just never corrected you. It was not her implication that was wrong, it was what you inferred that was in error.

Was the off-hand comment that she lived in Buenos Aires? How is my inferrel at fault? I don't remember exactly what she wrote, but if it was that she lives in Buenos Aires, then I inferred nothing at all.

And pregnancy is not an illness, it is not life threatening. Delivery on that filthy boat would probably lead to a life threatening condition. But that's not what was said. It was not, we need to get her off the boat because she is pregnant. It was she was gravely ill. 2 vastly different things.

That's a woman thing though ... she did have to get off that boat or her life would be in danger because there was no safe way to deliver a baby on that boat. True, as Somebody Else points out, babies were born on the Oregon Trail, but childbirth was one of the biggest killers of mothers up until the age of modern medicine. If any of those Oregon Trail mothers had the option of giving birth in a clean hospital with an epidural I'm sure they would have taken it.

She didn't want to tell anyone about her pregnancy? That's a woman thing. Maybe she was shamed that she became pregnant without marriage, maybe she wanted to tell her parents before the world-at-large, maybe she wanted to make sure the pregnancy developed before telling anyone. Regardless, pregnancy is a personal issue and their request for her emergency removal was warranted.

That's why he's an idiot, because he hasn't read most of this thread. Instead he just comments about things that have been proven lies, hockey, desalinators, and what a great guy stowe is. When stowe comes back to land and tries to cash in, then we'll find out what other skeletons he has in his closet.

I'm an idiot because I haven't read most of this thread? Wouldn't that make most of the world 'idiots'? And what "lies" have been proven about hockey and desalinators?

Speaking of lies, you seem to have a doozy. You claimed recently that you've never met Reid, but about a year ago you wrote this:

"He has neither a Captain's license nor insurance, Yet he takes people on sails charging $30 which is again illegal and found if you would have goggled him. It's on the web. On the night of the black out this was also true and when the coast guards came and questioned him they neither asked for documentation or stepped onto the boat. They just believed his words! I know I was there."

I added the italics.

Which is it? You were there, but you never met him?

From Barleymalt:

Wofsey hasn't been here all along, I think he showed up after day 600. It just seems that long.

That's why he's an idiot, because he hasn't read most of this thread. Instead he just comments about things that have been proven lies, hockey, desalinators, and what a great guy stowe is. When stowe comes back to land and tries to cash in, then we'll find out what other skeletons he has in his closet.

Wofsey is not an idiot, you don't earn a PhD without having intelligence and determination. I don't doubt that he knows a hell of a lot more about desalinators and physics than most people here do or would ever care to. If he stuck to discussing things he actually knew about, he might be tolerable.

Sanders is the prototype sailing adventurer, he's inspired thousands to try their own adventures.

Sanders isn't anywhere near as famous as you seem to think he is. When I think of "sailing adventurer" I think of guys like Chinchester, Sir Robin, Moitessier, Sir Peter, Slocum, etc. In fact I'd never even heard of Jon Sanders until some fruit bat hippie from NY started jerking off to his likeness. I'm sure in Aus he's a national hero, and he does hold some impressive records. He's certainly an accomplished solo sailor, but if you walk into a yacht club bar in the US and ask who Jon Sanders is you're likely to get a bunch of blank stares. Walk into that same bar and ask who Bernard Moitessier is and you're likely to strike up some conversation.

I think where I'm going with this is that what Sanders did isn't necessarily unique other than the length of time he spent at sea. This is why his notoriety is minimal compared to Knox-Johnson. That first Golden Globe race was something special and that is why those names stay with us. Reid will get another 15min of fame if he ever returns to the US, but he will never be remembered the way the others are. He is doing nothing worthy of note other than drifting around. There is no race, no excitement, nothing to draw people in. In the end he will never acheive anything more than being a footnote in a record book. He inspires no one because there is nothing inspiring about what he is doing.

Burnsy is over to work on his Rubicon and just asked if I'm writing a novel. I just realized that this is pointless and akin to self torture, so fuck it, I'm out of here.

From Barleymalt:

Wofsey is not an idiot, you don't earn a PhD without having intelligence and determination. I don't doubt that he knows a hell of a lot more about desalinators and physics than most people here do or would ever care to. If he stuck to discussing things he actually knew about, he might be tolerable.

Wow, that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. Thanks Barley!

But remember, if I stuck to discussing things I actually know anything about, all I could discuss would be sandwiches and old episodes of Pink Panther.

From Barleymalt:

Not true! My X has a Ph.D., is a Dean at the local University and as dumb as a rock. I once watched her push up on the wrong side of a hanging painting in a attempt to straighten it.

She was blessed with a photographic memory but is helpless as a child.

Not true! My X has a Ph.D., is a Dean at the local University and as dumb as a rock. I once watched her push up on the wrong side of a hanging painting in a attempt to straighten it.

Hate to say it, but this is often true. A Ph.D. is no indication of intelligence ... in fact many people who never leave academia just have so little common sense they are -- as you describe -- helpless as children.

Still, a Ph.D. in chemical engineering or physics or metallurgy is a world away from a Ph.D. in say, comparative literature or European art history. All due respects, but it's possible to talk your way through current publications in childhood education. That would be nearly impossible with the 'hard' sciences. No amount of slick talking or bs skills are going to find the electrostatic potential 2 meters from a high tension wire.

From Barleymalt:

Don't confuse intelligence with common sense. Or lack thereof.

Sanders is the prototype sailing adventurer, he's inspired thousands to try their own adventures.

Sanders isn't anywhere near as famous as you seem to think he is. When I think of "sailing adventurer" I think of guys like Chinchester, Sir Robin, Moitessier, Sir Peter, Slocum, etc. In fact I'd never even heard of Jon Sanders until some fruit bat hippie from NY started jerking off to his likeness. I'm sure in Aus he's a national hero, and he does hold some impressive records. He's certainly an accomplished solo sailor, but if you walk into a yacht club bar in the US and ask who Jon Sanders is you're likely to get a bunch of blank stares. Walk into that same bar and ask who Bernard Moitessier is and you're likely to strike up some conversation.

I think where I'm going with this is that what Sanders did isn't necessarily unique other than the length of time he spent at sea. This is why his notoriety is minimal compared to Knox-Johnson. That first Golden Globe race was something special and that is why those names stay with us. Reid will get another 15min of fame if he ever returns to the US, but he will never be remembered the way the others are. He is doing nothing worthy of note other than drifting around. There is no race, no excitement, nothing to draw people in. In the end he will never acheive anything more than being a footnote in a record book. He inspires no one because there is nothing inspiring about what he is doing.

Burnsy is over to work on his Rubicon and just asked if I'm writing a novel. I just realized that this is pointless and akin to self torture, so fuck it, I'm out of here.

I grew up reading about these same people and more over 40 years ago when I was in junior high and high school. And I have kept in touch with what is going on in the single handed and ocean racing scene ever since. But it was only since I started reading this blog that I learned about Jon Sanders. And only because Reid and his followers have preached that they were going to beat his record. Reid may stay at sea and break Sanders "days at sea" and "singlehanded days at seas", but he is definatly not going to break Sanders distance sailed and solo distance sailed. In fact the recent crop of teenage solo circumnavigators probably have sailed farther around the world than Reid and took less than a year to do it.

touch with what is going on in the single handed and ocean racing scene ever since. But it was only since I started reading this blog that I learned about Jon Sanders. And only because Reid and his followers have preached that they were going to beat his record. Reid

It must be an Oz thing then. It was Oz that infected me with the idea to get a cruiser, Sanders was formative in that.

touch with what is going on in the single handed and ocean racing scene ever since. But it was only since I started reading this blog that I learned about Jon Sanders. And only because Reid and his followers have preached that they were going to beat his record. Reid

It must be an Oz thing then. It was Oz that infected me with the idea to get a cruiser, Sanders was formative in that.

It may be an Oz thing, but I suspect that it is more that he is a humble person that did not search for the limelight to bask in.

I’ve been sailing continuously since I was 7 years old (since 1949); I’ve been a member of more than 12 different yacht clubs at different times,

I've been elected as vice commodore at three different clubs and commodore at two, and I still sail regularly today. Oh and did I mention that I am in Australia? I disagree concerning Jon Sanders, sure he accomplished some notable sailing feats but, if you were to ask 1000 people in the street if they even knew of him I guarantee that you would be lucky to find more than just the odd person who had even heard of him. His fame is remembered mostly by only a relatively small percentage of sailers, so I am certain that the amount of people who have become sailors, and in particularly endurance sailors through inspiration from Sanders feats are very minor indeed. Please refrain from making statements based on your own supposition and then later assume that for the benefit of your argument they are fact. Also you asked earlier if there was anyone criticising “lord Reid” that had posted on here, who actually knew “Weedy”? I would suggest that you go back and read what an earlier wife/lover of his had to say about him very early in this “saga”.

I disagree concerning Jon Sanders, sure he accomplished some notable sailing feats but, if you were to ask 1000 people in the street if they even knew of him I guarantee that you would be lucky to find more than just the odd person who had even heard of him.

I knew about him before I even moved down to Oz, back when I was only into sea-kayaking. I remember poring over his provisions lists for months. I think Paul Caffyn mentioned him at some point too.

Perhaps the reason you and the rest of your sailing friends don't recognize him as quite the national hero I do is because you are more into sail-racing?

I guess it's just a personal thing though, but have no doubt, Jon Sanders is one of the greats, they don't make men like him anymore.

I would suggest that you go back and read what an earlier wife/lover of his had to say about him very early in this “saga”.

It wouldn't have been a wife, but I'm sure there is a spurned ex-girlfriend or two floating around. Did this "lover" post here under her own name (Suzanna), or is it just more anonymous, untraceable hearsay?

Well that's got to sting a little.

Nah, just more of the same. How much of the stuff on this forum is even true if the posters can't be bothered to use their real names? For all we know, "High Admiral Stanley" is actually some dude in Glasgow.

You're joking, right? Cliffy is never daunted by the presentation of evidence to disprove his contentions. Will always bounce back with rhetorical demands for more and expect others to do the research for him.

Yeah, Barley's eyes suddenly became revirginized when he saw the writing on the wall about his precious Red Wings.

You spout outlandish crap and then expect to be taken seriously in a community that has a very low tolerance for posers and bullshit.

If the above is a fact then what the hell are Clean and many, many others doing here?  If you don't like Cliffy then quit responding to his posts.  I happen to find him rather entertaining, kind of a "Salty Lite".  We need more Wofseys and Slightly Saltys here.

And in response to the inevitable, y'all can fuck off too.

You're joking, right? Cliffy is never daunted by the presentation of evidence to disprove his contentions. Will always bounce back with rhetorical demands for more and expect others to do the research for him.

Red, you're a friendly guy so I'll put it to you as straight as possible.

If you are at all into distance ocean sailing or adventures, you know of Sanders. He's not Joshua Slocum famous, but he's the closest thing to a living legend you're going to find for what he does. Yes, I read what that guy in Oz wrote. But tell me, how many sailors can you name who hold 7 verified world records? (Actually now down to 6 with Stowe taking one of them.)

But unlike The Most High Grand Commodore Dagbar, Sanders is humble, he still lives on his boat, and he doesn't speak of his accomplishments.

And now, suddenly I'm not "daunted" by the "presentation of evidence to disprove" my contentions that Sanders is essentially a rock star? Are you somehow under the impression that I'm some idiot in Alabama who singularly worships a nobody that nobody cares about or knows? Does it interest you what Charles Court (the now-deceased ex-Premiere of WA) said about Sanders?

"He has unwittingly written a textbook for long distance sailors of the future - whether alone or with others - where the objective is to complete the planned voyage safely and not be obsessed with speed or dramatic headlines."

Red, I can't blame folks like "Shife" and "Commodore" Dagbar, and the fibbing Ms. Sea ... but you should know better. And you can insult me from here until Christmas and it's like water off a duck's back. But now you're insulting Jon Sanders, of whom I have no doubt is a far better sailor than anyone here, including you.

So in defense of one of my favorite heroes (Mr. Jon Sanders), I now bestow to you, Mr. Redboat, a hearty FUCK YOU!

...... But now you're insulting Jon Sanders, of whom I have no doubt is a far better sailor than anyone here, including you.

So in defense of one of my favorite heroes (Mr. Jon Sanders), I now bestow to you, Mr. Redboat, a hearty FUCK YOU!

Is there another Mr. Redboat or did I miss a post somewhere along the way? :blink:

Mike - can you check on that again? I'm not seeing it.

BTW - your latest quote does far more for your credibility than the earlier one from Beyonce.

If you are at all into distance ocean sailing or adventures, you know of Sanders. He's not Joshua Slocum famous, but he's the closest thing to a living legend you're going to find for what he does. Yes, I read what that guy in Oz wrote. But tell me, how many sailors can you name who hold 7 verified world records? (Actually now down to 6 with Stowe taking one of them.)

I don't think so. The rendezvous of Rottsnest Island restarts the clock to day 1.

You spout outlandish crap and then expect to be taken seriously in a community that has a very low tolerance for posers and bullshit.

If the above is a fact then what the hell are Clean and many, many others doing here? If you don't like Cliffy then quit responding to his posts. I happen to find him rather entertaining, kind of a "Salty Lite". We need more Wofseys and Slightly Saltys here.

And in response to the inevitable, y'all can fuck off too.

We?. Speak for yourself. If you (and whoever's sock puppet you are) want to carry on with Wofsey, more power to you. You can drift off for 1,000 days loving each other for all I care.

Red, you're a friendly guy so I'll put it to you as straight as possible.

But unlike The Most High Grand Commodore Dagbar, Sanders is humble, he still lives on his boat, and he doesn't speak of his accomplishments.

And now, suddenly I'm not "daunted" by the "presentation of evidence to disprove" my contentions that Sanders is essentially a rock star? Are you somehow under the impression that I'm some idiot in Alabama who singularly worships a nobody that nobody cares about or knows? Does it interest you what Charles Court (the now-deceased ex-Premiere of WA) said about Sanders?

"He has unwittingly written a textbook for long distance sailors of the future - whether alone or with others - where the objective is to complete the planned voyage safely and not be obsessed with speed or dramatic headlines."

Red, I can't blame folks like "Shife" and "Commodore" Dagbar, and the fibbing Ms. Sea ... but you should know better. And you can insult me from here until Christmas and it's like water off a duck's back. But now you're insulting Jon Sanders, of whom I have no doubt is a far better sailor than anyone here, including you.

Yikes, off ignore. Only briefly though. So I earned a hearty FUCK YOU? Thank you sir.

What are you talking about Mike? I have not nor would ever dare to insult Sanders and would quickly agree that he is a much better sailor than I am. He also appears to be a gentleman and a truly down to earth sort. Please point out where I ever demeaned the man or his achievements.

I don't see why you are getting so wound up. If anything your staunch defense of Sanders is more akin to our assertions that Weid's driftabout at sea is no way comparable to the Aussies sailabout.

I would be one of the first to raise a glass to Sanders.

....If you are at all into distance ocean sailing or adventures, you know of Sanders. He's not Joshua Slocum famous, but he's the closest thing to a living legend you're going to find for what he does. Yes, I read what that guy in Oz wrote. But tell me, how many sailors can you name who hold 7 verified world records? (Actually now down to 6 with Stowe taking one of them.).......

Actually, still at 7 Mikey. None of Stowe's claims for himself and Soanya of the Sea can be verified. Jon Sanders retains the official solo days record.

Day 952 Mars No-Nos

Monday, 30 November 2009

sm09-11-30-day-952-008.jpg

Wind NNE, 5 knots, Course ESE, 1.2 knots, Position 8° 37' N by 21° 48' W

Over the years I have read quite a few Mars human factors papers. One thing I have not discovered yet and perhaps NASA has already made it public; is the list of Mars No-Nos for astronauts. Without going into any details on issues, I'll just spontaneously scratch the surface. No sex. You can be sure of that. We are talking about a human voyage to Mars, but we are going to have to dehumanize ourselves in many ways to get on that spaceship. I spoke at the World Space Congress in Washington D. C. many years ago. After a NASA official spoke, a person in the audience said, "What about sex in space?" The NASA official responded, "There will be no sex. These people will be professionals." The whole audience cracked up laughing. Already in a short isolation test on the ground a Russian subject tried to kiss an American subject. It caused a controversy that is now part of space analog history. How about violence? On another short test there was a fight that left blood on the wall.

After sex and violence, the two most popular entertainment subjects, there is still a long list of No-Nos. NO NO: cussing, loud talking, nonsense talk, gossiping, sex talk, Doomsday talk, shouting, crying out loud, displays of emotion, bullying, mind games, nakedness, loud music, messiness, unsocial behavior, childishness, cliquishness, group rivalries, laziness or activities that might endanger the crew. This list could go on and on. A small boat on the far seas for a long period of time is a good testing and training ground. Perhaps too dangerous? In a short period of time I have seen good people go bad and heard many more stories. It is going to take a lot of long duration tests in dangerous, high performance environments in order to get the right people. Who wants to give it a try? Test subjects make good money in safe capsules for short periods of time. Please let me know if there is another long duration test going on in a dangerous environment. Very interesting.

Reid

Mars NO NO #1 - No sex.

You really can't make this shit up.

Back later with St. Barth Shaman vs. Godzilla.