Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Perhaps if you post anything other than shit slinging vitriolic diatribes that stretch the limits of comprehension you might find positive sentiment. Ironic that you are the worst example of what you complain so vehemently about. Void Ho, Biatch.

-----------------------------------------

As your shit continues to smell like fragrant perfume to your own schnozolla, so does your kind sign off of Void Ho biatch remain simply a non-shit slinging statement of non-virtriol in your own mind, the insertion of which is not your fault but mine.

While my post remains to you an example of just how angry and insulting, shit slinging etc I am and have been, which obviously would justify making the fault all mine for any excess expression of "vitriol" in this timelessly even keeled right on thread. Amazingly, this would remain the cry of your heart for even before I found this black hole of cyberspace in the first place. Mea culpa. You have only been negative and aggressive, condemnatory and or ignorant, because of course I forced you to be, being first at the expression of any of that kind of shit.

You have convinced me of the virtues of silence. Now, stfu. :)

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Hey Mike,

If your sea panel can double as a Yoga platform you can put me down for one.

Honestly, I hope you do well with your product.

Also please don't beat swanies 5th place because he'll start posting pics of his house here ;)

Out

I see they released you VDman.

We are all pleased that our village idiot has returned.

• Downvote 1

Whoa!

Back the Duck up a minute.

Would not the same statistical odds of WEid running into RV off Cape May be VIRTUALLY the same as his running into the side of a FREIGHTER? And did that NOT already occur?

I'm just sayin'.

• Like 1
I should have wrote prospective employee, once I hire them and all is well, I have no need to google anything. SOP in Corp America FYI - which is why I have been trying to give you a heads up for months now smart ass. And if you don't care, why did you worry about your "boss" being able to access your stats? Am I successful? Let's put it this way Cliffy, one of us is sitting in Alabama - landlocked, and one of us is out cruising/sailing at the tender age of 44.

If you are so stupid as to NOT cover your tracks with your wasting time Cliffy antics, then you will probably not be the right person to cover my ass and make me money. What part of this do you not understand? Why are Reid's supporters so, I don't know - idealistic hippyish? Note the advertisers on SA's main page - we are a demographic that buys Mercedes, invests money, and buys boats and gear becasue we are typically a successful lot. We either came from or are in Corp America or we benefit from the successes tallied via investments. Get a grip. I assume you too work every day such that you too can achieve some piece of the American dream? Otherwise, go build some .5 knot shit box and beg for cheese and sprouts and drift around the world while ignoring your kids and the expected tuition costs - Boston University is up to 80K a year FYI...

And perhaps you have had your ass so buried in your desal project that you failed to notice that the American work ethic no longer exists - which is why we had to bail out every freaking major company in this country except Ford and Microsoft. We don't make anything in this country anymore because we are too lazy to work an honest day. Even French President Sarcozy encouraged the French to give up the 3 hour lunch. Sorry, this ain't your fathers Oldsmobile era - oh wait, they too (the oldest surviving car company in America) went out of business.

rim-shot-salt-280s_000.jpg

Whoa!

Would not the same statistical odds of WEid running into RV off Cape May be VIRTUALLY the same as his running into the side of a FREIGHTER? And did that NOT already occur?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Uh, unequivocally, noper- bigtime.

Amazingly, if you consult the statistics of intrepid attempts at any would be record setting circumnavigators starting out, the percentage of those hit by freighters early on would stymie the imagination and defy the credulity of any sailing brother or errant biatch dog sista. Similarly, much more likely to be hit by a boat seeing you off in a big fleet at the beginning of a race or circumnav. than upon returning. Don't know why, and I am sure you guys can and will argue with that one too.

However, upon reflection, you may have a certain point here RV. If indeed the Schooner Anne gets word of SA boats in the fleet to greet when returning to the B(ig)A(pple), then she herself may point her damaged bow of her own accord and send her heavy and much maligned right her online soul right towards the midships of any hostile enemy boat she senses, like a mad Orca or whale, and try intentionally ramming the fuk out ofya.

Other than that I couldn't see either you or RV in any danger from Anne, as long as you don't try to join the parade.

You are corrected (although I know, it is a far cry from you coming around to the light from the darkness of ignorance, hate, and general fake anarchy round here) Sorry- i had to throw in some terribly vibrant & horrible vitriol for whassis names' sake.

Most fleets the world over are populated by more 4ksbs than anything else sad to say so no exception on this thread. I should have realized that the a hole comment would make them defensive,sorry,i shoulnt have put it in there.

Steve.

Yeah, whoulda thunk that calling people aholes might come accross as insulting.

Whoa!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Amazingly, if you consult the statistics of intrepid attempts at any would be record setting circumnavigators starting out, the percentage of those hit by freighters early on would stymie the imagination and defy the credulity of any sailing brother or errant biatch dog sista. Similarly, much more likely to be hit by a boat seeing you off in a big fleet at the beginning of a race or circumnav. than upon returning. Don't know why, and I am sure you guys can and will argue with that one too.

However, upon reflection, you may have a certain point here RV. If indeed the Schooner Anne gets word of SA boats in the fleet to greet when returning to the B(ig)A(pple), then she herself may point her damaged bow and heavy soul right towards the midships of any hostile enemy boat she senses, like a mad Orca or whale, and try intentionally ramming the fuk out ofya.

Other than that I couldn't see either you or RV in any danger from Anne, as long as you don't try to join the parade.

You are corrected (although I know, it is a far cry from you coming around to the light from the darkness of ignorance, hate, and general fake anarchy round here) Sorry- i had to throw in some terribly vibrant & horrible vitriol for whassis names' sake.

So what you're saying in a nutshell is, since this "voyage" is not, nor has thusfar EVER been a "would be record setting" endeavor, then the odds of RV being hit by the scow off Cape May are EXACTLY the same as the cheesemonaut running into the side of a freighter in the open ocean.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1
Whoa!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, upon reflection, you may have a certain point here RV. If indeed the Schooner Anne gets word of SA boats in the fleet to greet when returning to the B(ig)A(pple), then she herself may point her damaged bow and heavy soul right towards the midships of any hostile enemy boat she senses, like a mad Orca or whale, and try intentionally ramming the fuk out ofya.

So what you're saying in a nutshell is, since this "voyage" is not, nor has thusfar EVER been a "would be record setting" endeavor, then the odds of RV being hit by the scow off Cape May are EXACTLY the same as the cheesemonaut running into the side of a freighter.

Thanks for clarifying.

I thought you read English. I was wrong. I hear there are free ESL courses still given out there, if you papers are good you should still be able to escape la migra.

Whoa!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying in a nutshell is, since this "voyage" is not, nor has thusfar EVER been a "would be record setting" endeavor, then the odds of RV being hit by the scow off Cape May are EXACTLY the same as the cheesemonaut running into the side of a freighter.

Thanks for clarifying.

I thought you read English. I was wrong. I hear there are free ESL courses still given out there, if you papers are good you should still be able to escape la migra.

Just as you were about my statement about always being able to outrun storms with a faster vessel. I did not quite say that, but who is counting. At least you should give me kudos for not jumping on the withing sight of land argument et al... And uh, does Reid monitor 16? Does he keep a proper watch at night? Does he set a radar alarm? Does he have a radar reflector? Inquiring minds wanna know.

I should have wrote prospective employee, once I hire them and all is well, I have no need to google anything. SOP in Corp America FYI - which is why I have been trying to give you a heads up for months now smart ass. And if you don't care, why did you worry about your "boss" being able to access your stats? Am I successful? Let's put it this way Cliffy, one of us is sitting in Alabama - landlocked, and one of us is out cruising/sailing at the tender age of 44.

If you are so stupid as to NOT cover your tracks with your wasting time Cliffy antics, then you will probably not be the right person to cover my ass and make me money. What part of this do you not understand? Why are Reid's supporters so, I don't know - idealistic hippyish? Note the advertisers on SA's main page - we are a demographic that buys Mercedes, invests money, and buys boats and gear becasue we are typically a successful lot. We either came from or are in Corp America or we benefit from the successes tallied via investments. Get a grip. I assume you too work every day such that you too can achieve some piece of the American dream? Otherwise, go build some .5 knot shit box and beg for cheese and sprouts and drift around the world while ignoring your kids and the expected tuition costs - Boston University is up to 80K a year FYI...

And perhaps you have had your ass so buried in your desal project that you failed to notice that the American work ethic no longer exists - which is why we had to bail out every freaking major company in this country except Ford and Microsoft. We don't make anything in this country anymore because we are too lazy to work an honest day. Even French President Sarcozy encouraged the French to give up the 3 hour lunch. Sorry, this ain't your fathers Oldsmobile era - oh wait, they too (the oldest surviving car company in America) went out of business.

rim-shot-salt-280s_000.jpg

If you are implying that I don't work because I am lazy Cliffy, you are dead wrong. I could not bear to let folks who worked for me for 15 years go just because I wanted to follow my passion and cruise. Thanks to SSB and a Pactor III, Sat phone, Sprint wireless card and the 10 mile WiFi antenna, I am able to work from just about everywhere - yes creating and maintaining jobs even in this tough economy while afloat. I might add that while I need to do the final calculatons, my wife and I are planning our own 1000 days afloat party at the local watering hole this week? Dunno, gotta go and check the calendar.

-----------------------------------------

As your shit continues to smell like fragrant perfume to your own schnozolla, so does your kind sign off of Void Ho biatch remain simply a non-shit slinging statement of non-virtriol in your own mind, the insertion of which is not your fault but mine.

While my post remains to you an example of just how angry and insulting, shit slinging etc I am and have been, which obviously would justify making the fault all mine for any excess expression of "vitriol" in this timelessly even keeled right on thread. Amazingly, this would remain the cry of your heart for even before I found this black hole of cyberspace in the first place. Mea culpa. You have only been negative and aggressive, condemnatory and or ignorant, because of course I forced you to be, being first at the expression of any of that kind of shit.

You have convinced me of the virtues of silence. Now, stfu. :)

Find something non factual I have posted here about Stowe before you launch into yet another barely intelligible diatribe. Stringing words together in random order does not make coherent argument.

edit - forgot the answering picture.

post-1032-1265039789_thumb.jpg

"When Soanya and I finish the Mars Ocean Odyssey, we expect to participate in preparing astronauts to go into space for an extended period of time. After we've done some training, they will demand Parmigiano Reggiano cheese along with their packaged food."

How do you grate cheese in space? Wouldn't it just fly all over the place?

Soanya was on the boat for 306 days, and he was assisted when she left, pregnant, off Oz.

Point of clarification please.... Does Stowe dropping S off qualify as assistance?

From what we're led to believe, there was no transfer of goods (other than the girl) or services (other than the girl).

If, as it seems, the charge of assistance is a technicality could Stowe have avoided this criticism by throwing S overboard?

"When Soanya and I finish the Mars Ocean Odyssey, we expect to participate in preparing astronauts to go into space for an extended period of time. After we've done some training, they will demand Parmigiano Reggiano cheese along with their packaged food."

One of the most amazing things about Stowe is his consistency. Most extreme long distance single handers go a bit bonkers over time. Goes with the territory of overextended solitude and sleep deprivation. With Stowe though, his quotes after 1,000 days sound almost the same, no matter how out of this world they remain. I mean the same guy might have uttered that line from the dock, if indeed he said it- crazy at it sounds. We all have our dreams, few are this single-minded or driven to accomplish them against all odds or sometimes even sanity. Sorry if that was lacking in enough vitriol for you jesus buddha yoga loving bodily organ moving massage types.

Answer: you would grate it very, very, carefully- or the smell and presence of tiny parmigianno flakes would be floating around your face for the rest of your journey everywhere you went onboard, driving you mad all the way to the Red Planet of war.

One of the most amazing things about Stowe is his consistency. Most extreme long distance single handers go a bit bonkers over time. Goes with the territory of overextended solitude and sleep deprivation. With Stowe though, his quotes after 1,000 days sound almost the same, no matter how out of this world they remain. I mean the same guy might have uttered that line from the dock, if indeed he said it- crazy at it sounds. We all have our dreams, few are this single-minded or driven to accomplish them against all odds or sometimes even sanity. Sorry if that was lacking in enough vitriol for you jesus buddha yoga loving bodily organ moving massage types.

Answer: you would grate it very, very, carefully- or the smell and presence of tiny parmigianno flakes would be floating around your face for the rest of your journey everywhere you went onboard, driving you mad all the way to the Red Planet of war.

you're not suggesting Reid was bonkers before he left, are you?

Soanya was on the boat for 306 days, and he was assisted when she left, pregnant, off Oz.

Point of clarification please.... Does Stowe dropping S off qualify as assistance?

From what we're led to believe, there was no transfer of goods (other than the girl) or services (other than the girl).

If, as it seems, the charge of assistance is a technicality could Stowe have avoided this criticism by throwing S overboard?

Originally, (i think when Reid was hoping to have a ten man crew of Argonauts?) Reid did state somewhere that he could drop a crew member by dinghy.

A funny aside is that Reid will not get off the boat to scrub the bottom, (in spite of hanging in the doldrums becalmed for many, many weeks); nor will he inflate the dinghy Charlie gave him for a tethered drift around for a visual survey of the hull exterior.

its as though he thinks stepping off the yacht would disqualify him for something. or some diety told him not to?

Equally anecdotal, Jon Sanders apparently, leapt aboard for a quick look-see during the 'transfer'. it happened so suddenly, Reid had no chance to react before he presented his gift of a whale's tooth, probably illegal in Au.

• Like 1

Originally, (i think when Reid was hoping to have a ten man crew of Argonauts?) Reid did state somewhere that he could drop a crew member by dinghy.

A funny aside is that Reid will not get off the boat to scrub the bottom, (in spite of hanging in the doldrums becalmed for many, many weeks); nor will he inflate the dinghy Charlie gave him for a tethered drift around for a visual survey of the hull exterior.

its as though he thinks stepping off the yacht would disqualify him for something. or some diety told him not to?

Equally anecdotal, Jon Sanders apparently, leapt aboard for a quick look-see during the 'transfer'. it happened so suddenly, Reid had no chance to react before he presented his gift of a whale's tooth, probably illegal in Au.

Wouldn't they more properly be called Cheesemonauts?.

Perhaps if it was just that Soy left the boat to get into the launch it wouldn't count, but you forget that Jon Sanders came aboard the Anne and took a look at the interior and then WEid gave him one of his pieces of art. So the first 306 days are a wash. He should have had to start the count over at that point. And we only have his (WEid's) word that there was no transfer of goods -- I still bet he got a ham sammie.

Anyway, he's the one who set the goals, and OUT OF SIGHT OF LAND was one of them.

If this is really a concern for you, how do you cope with life's a myriad of daily little challenges? You're human, fer crissakes; use your problem solving skills!

As a corollary, Parmigiano Reggiano does not need to be grated to be enjoyed, oddly enough. It can be cut, sliced, broken-off, and/or crumbled. Had some with appetizers last night, for example. Delicious!

Whoa!

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying in a nutshell is, since this "voyage" is not, nor has thusfar EVER been a "would be record setting" endeavor, then the odds of RV being hit by the scow off Cape May are EXACTLY the same as the cheesemonaut running into the side of a freighter in the open ocean.

Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, it's strange, and I've wondered about that myself ...

Reid hit a ship, Jon Sanders hit a ship, Jessica hit a ship. Those are just the names tossed around on this thread, there are obviously many more. It does seem statistically unlikely.

Given that, the likelihood of hitting a 200 ft. freighter is about 5 times higher than hitting a 40-foot Beneteau, given an equal number of freighters and small boats ... the cross section does matter obviously.

If you are implying that I don't work because I am lazy Cliffy, you are dead wrong. I could not bear to let folks who worked for me for 15 years go just because I wanted to follow my passion and cruise. Thanks to SSB and a Pactor III, Sat phone, Sprint wireless card and the 10 mile WiFi antenna, I am able to work from just about everywhere - yes creating and maintaining jobs even in this tough economy while afloat. I might add that while I need to do the final calculatons, my wife and I are planning our own 1000 days afloat party at the local watering hole this week? Dunno, gotta go and check the calendar.

I'm sure you're not lazy, I'm just quoting you. One paragraph you claim how you're able to cruise while I'm slaving away in "landlocked" Alabama. (Alabama isn't landlocked by the way.) And a few paragraphs later you're writing that U.S. industry is failing because the country has no "work ethic."

But seriously, how much industrial work can someone do from a boat with a sat phone? The reason our country's economy is going down isn't because we have a shortage of people willing to push numbers around a spreadsheet and bark orders into a telephone ... it's failing because we're losing our industrial base. So unless you happen to have a CNC machine on your boat and you're cranking out engine components or a sputtering machine and you're depositing solar thin films, you're part of the service economy.

And that's okay, there are people who contribute from their boats, doing graphic design, or writing ad copy, etc.. And if they can do it, awesome. But I also have a "passion" to cruise. I would love nothing more than to be able to do that. But I'm stuck in "landlocked" Alabama getting my hands dirty manufacturing. And we stamp "Proudly made in the U.S.A." on all of our stuff, because we see a bright industrial future for our country.

I think his ability to be consistent comes from his not being the ... ah... sharpest knife in the drawer, as shown by his writing and worse yet, his verbal skills in his videos. He has an extremely limited and repetitive vocabulary. He also knows that the boat is rocked by an AVERAGE of 33,200 waves per day ("because I counted them"). Average of how many days? That shows a tinge of autism, as well.

Talk to the Personnel Director of any factory doing mundane and repetitive work ~ they don't want to hire bright and creative thinkers for line work ~ they go crazy from the boredom and quit, or get hurt. But... the world needs all types, and Stowe is clearly well-suited to his endeavor.

• Like 1

I'm sure you're not lazy, I'm just quoting your own dichotomy. One paragraph you proudly claim how you're able to cruise while I'm slaving away in "landlocked" Alabama. (Alabama isn't landlocked by the way.)

And a few paragraphs later you're writing that U.S. industry is failing because the country has no "work ethic."

But seriously, how much industrial work can someone do from a boat with a sat phone? The reason our country's economy is going down isn't because we have a shortage of people willing to push numbers around a spreadsheet and bark orders into a telephone ... it's failing because we're losing our industrial base. So unless you happen to have a CNC machine on your boat and you're cranking out engine components or a sputtering machine and you're depositing solar thin films, I don't see how you can rightly claim that you're somehow part of the solution for the U.S. economy.

And understand, you don't need to be. There are people that contribute to the service economy from their boats, doing graphic design, or writing ad copy, etc.. And if they can do it, awesome. But I also have a "passion" to cruise. I would love nothing more than to be able to do that. And I probably could do it too if it wasn't for all these meddlin' kids! So instead I'm stuck in "landlocked" Alabama getting my hands dirty manufacturing. And we stamp "Proudly made in the U.S.A." on all of our stuff, because we see a bright industrial future for our country.

Correction Alabama isn't landlocked, but you are. My company does organize US Pavilions at foreign tradeshows - amongst other stuff - wherein we help US Firms get their feet wet in a new market. Less than 1% of all US companies export and of those that do - it is typically only to one country. SO, yes, we are part of the solution. As are you. So I'll stop the pissing contest - just don't let your boss know the amount of time you spend here.

piss%20fountain.jpg

I think his ability to be consistent comes from his not being the ... ah... sharpest knife in the drawer, as shown by his writing and worse yet, his verbal skills in his videos. He has an extremely limited and repetitive vocabulary. He also knows that the boat is rocked by an AVERAGE of 33,200 waves per day ("because I counted them"). Average of how many days? That shows a tinge of autism, as well.

Talk to the Personnel Director of any factory doing mundane and repetitive work ~ they don't want to hire bright and creative thinkers for line work ~ they go crazy from the boredom and quit, or get hurt. But... the world needs all types, and Stowe is clearly well-suited to his endeavor.

Are you suggesting that Reid is Forrest Gump? Granted a new age hipster Forrest Gump, but Forrest Gump like none the less.

BTW I have a perfect job in mind when you say mundane and repetitive.

Are you suggesting that Reid is Forrest Gump? Granted a new age hipster Forrest Gump, but Forrest Gump like none the less.

That's it! Forrest Gump! He finished his run and just kept on running, and running some more. :lol: And Forrest was nice, pleasant and polite just as Weed is described by his fans.

But... Weed is also horribly conceited and deluded ~ he personally healed mankind by "drawing" a 2-legged turtle, Jesus and Buddha visit to massage his arms, he's JUST LIKE the soldiers in Iraq, and the whales chose him to speak out about hunting. Most annoying of all is his and Soybean's preachy babbling about how to live one's life.... as though either of them have ever supported themselves, let alone a family ~ it was constant begging, in part under false pretenses, and a last-second gift from his retired Mom and Dad that cut them loose to drift. Such role models!

As for the claim that I have no right to comment because I haven't done half the things he has? Bullshit ~ the public was invited to follow their "mission". And let's hope I don't ever copy his "half" that includes the drug smuggling, time in the Federal pen, cheating, tax evasion, pollution, not supporting my kids...... and there was never some romantic charter business in the Caribbean.

As for you, CB ~ I won't ask what that job you mentioned might be lol

• Like 1

I think (Blah, blah SNIP)

No, sorry, Clean is already holding that position and given his his inability to do anything else, he is unlikely to relinquish his job.  

That's it! Forrest Gump! He finished his run and just kept on running, and running some more. :lol: And Forrest was nice, pleasant and polite just as Weed is described by his fans.

But... Weed is also horribly conceited and deluded ~ he personally healed mankind by "drawing" a 2-legged turtle, Jesus and Buddha visit to massage his arms, he's JUST LIKE the soldiers in Iraq, and the whales chose him to speak out about hunting. Most annoying of all is his and Soybean's preachy babbling about how to live one's life.... as though either of them have ever supported themselves, let alone a family ~ it was constant begging, in part under false pretenses, and a last-second gift from his retired Mom and Dad that cut them loose to drift. Such role models!

As for the claim that I have no right to comment because I haven't done half the things he has? Bullshit ~ the public was invited to follow their "mission". And let's hope I don't ever copy his "half" that includes the drug smuggling, time in the Federal pen, cheating, tax evasion, pollution, not supporting my kids...... and there was never some romantic charter business in the Caribbean.

Just curious Ms Planet, WTF did Reid ever do (or not do) to you?  Your constant negative, nitpicking comments about him indicate some kind of obsession that goes way beyond most of the Reid bashing that goes on here.  Go spend some more time on daddy's boat and get over it ok?

Correction Alabama isn't landlocked, but you are. My company does organize US Pavilions at foreign tradeshows - amongst other stuff - wherein we help US Firms get their feet wet in a new market. Less than 1% of all US companies export and of those that do - it is typically only to one country. SO, yes, we are part of the solution. As are you. So I'll stop the pissing contest - just don't let your boss know the amount of time you spend here.

Okay, so you organize trade shows. Why all the mystery?

I don't spend all that much time on SA, just a few minutes here and there. Please don't call my boss! Please Redviking, please don't call my boss! PLEASE!

rhsfeat_vegemite_kids300.jpg

But if you do call my boss, tell him Mike said to "piss off."

No, sorry, Clean is already holding that position and given his his inability to do anything else, he is unlikely to relinquish his job.  

Stutter much?

Firetruck_stuttering.jpg

• Downvote 1

Stutter much?

Firetruck_stuttering.jpg

No, not not not usually.

Oh, BTW, Bbbbbbbite me  ;)

That explains the constant circling and bobbing about in a small area. He is drawing a box of chocolates in the ocean.

I have a repetitive "job" you can go and do right now.

Okay, so you organize trade shows. Why all the mystery?

I don't spend all that much time on SA, just a few minutes here and there. Please don't call my boss! Please Redviking, please don't call my boss! PLEASE!

But if you do call my boss, tell him Mike said to "piss off."

No mystery - it's just called professionalism in this modern day wherein anyone can google you and see how you used the f word or something equally disconcerting. 'Tis not what we do when we do sales, and you should consider that - otherwise you could wind up here:

unemployment-line_000.jpg

Your secret is safe with me. But just to be sure, perhaps you should disconnect your boss from her network connection or something, just in case she gets suspicious and googles you. :D

RV standing by channels one six, one three, and zero niner. Out!

• Downvote 1
Not that I've really followed this, but this sea panel thing is for water making?

What about taking a couple of jerry cans out in the tender?

Would it work in these moored conditions?

post-23282-1264937523_thumb.jpg

Don't stress cscow I'm sure the beer is helping in your colder months

Is one of those your cat?

Jerry can in the dinghy is a good way to do it. On some islands in the Carrib and South America they charge 50¢ per gallon for coliform-infected water, and then you have the added insult of having to burn up extra fuel bringing stuff back to your mooring that you can't drink without first burning up more fuel again by boiling first. It's good for showers but not for drinking.

Our little unit only makes 2 gallons per day, so it's sort of a luxury item for people who want want bottle-quality water for drinking and cooking and have deck space to spare but prefer solar living to firing up their engines and their osmosis watermaker. Tiny, tiny niche.

We originally tested it on a gimbal rig in very extreme pitch and roll, there was no problem with contamination. The only way we were able to contaminate it by even a few droplets was by banging it hard on a roll, as if your boat was rolling hard into the dock. But unlike contaminated tap water, ocean water is bacteriologically-safe, the salt kills the worst of the nasties, and then once it's been in the sun for an hour or so the interior heats up above 120-degrees which pasteurizes the source water anyway.

As for field testing, the results have been similar, they're guaranteed and we haven't had any returns or complaints yet.

But our main thing has never been sailors, it's primarily for disaster recovery and Developing Nations. The sailing thing is just a niche of a niche, only applicable for less than 1% of cruising sailors. Same thing with soldiers. Most soldiers have access to base (osmosis) supplies, and our thing only fits when there are one or two guys who just happen to know they're going to be in one place for a while, far from supplies. It happens only rarely ... Australian soldiers though, different story, they're usually around salt water, and they often use the British method of one or two guys who quietly dig in and observe for a while. So maybe we'll be able to sell some to them.

Just wanted to point out to mike that pasturazation of water dosen't occur around 120 degrees. I hope your not claiming that as a sales pitch.

Just wanted to point out to mike that pasturazation of water dosen't occur around 120 degrees. I hope your not claiming that as a sales pitch.

Normally it happens at about 150°F, but if you already have a reasonably high TDS, which you do inside of a desalination unit, then an ambient temperature of only 80°F can generate an internal temperature of 120°F which combined with the dissolved solids has been shown to deactivate coliform.

And I see the result ... I get algae growth in our units in the winter, because the internal temperature only goes up to about 80°F (with an outside temp. of 30-50° F.) But in the summer, with an outside temp. of 80-100°F, the internal temperature goes from 110-130°F and there is no growth at all.

Our TDS is between 100 and 30,000 ppm, depending on setup. Obviously there will be no growth at 30,000 ppm, but where we would get growth at 120°F with <1 ppm, we get no growth at 1000 ppm.

Algae is really the issue, because coliform can be easily killed (pasteurized) in a solar still at temperatures much lower than 120°F because they are deactivated by the UV component of sunlight, which passes through the material in our units. But if you have algae growth, the algae can (and does) shield the coliform and other bacteria from UV-sterilization. Get rid of the algae and your problem disappears.

Normally, the magic pasteurization temperature in "factory pasteurization" where it's a heat-only process. But outdoors you have the sun, which has a large UV component.

Some sanitizers don't even heat the water above ambient temperature, they just use UV and nothing else. They're very efficient, but they can't handle algae.

No mystery - it's just called professionalism in this modern day wherein anyone can google you and see how you used the f word or something equally disconcerting. 'Tis not what we do when we do sales, and you should consider that - otherwise you could wind up here:

Eh.

So you would rather hire a squeaky-clean nobody over an outspoken jerk who can raise company value like a brick shithouse?

This is America Red! Free speech, use it or lose it.

Eh.

So you would rather hire a squeaky-clean nobody over an outspoken jerk :lol: who can raise company value like a brick shithouse?

This is America Red! Free speech, use it or lose it.

Cliffy - "Perseverence is a principle that should be commendable in those who have the judgement to govern it." - Mark Twain

Is the good ship Tantra Anne leaving the newly created Atlantic Gyre?

Did I miss a event?

Did Google Earth update his position pin?

I need to check this thread more often.

I need to check this thread more often.

NO, you really don't. It's a dangerous habit. First it's the '1000 Day' thread and before you know it, drugs, alcohol and your life is spinning out of control.

Intervention plans are in the works for RD.

2214732840_c8102db828.jpg

374629389_d95cfe50a2.jpg

• Downvote 1
Is the good ship Tantra Anne leaving the newly created Atlantic Gyre? No

Did I miss a event? Not Really - Clify is turning water into wine, Ducky, salty, tdBF, Capt Lithium are doing the usual MC shit talk

Did Google Earth update his position pin? No

I need to check this thread more often. Not really, perhaps check back in June

Me upset? Not at all. Wrong for the 1000th and one time. Nunca vos cerote pendejo cabron. Au contraire. I am not only not upset, believe you me I couldn't give a shit about how much or little publicity Stowe received. It's about the last thing on my mind. However, I did painstakingly research the explorer's web to see if they had covered any of the sort of shit RD likes to revel and roll in, you know the kind they would here and nope, there at least I could not find a flying nor floating turd anywhere in sight.

I think you guys may have to get together your own expeditionary force to compete with your hero Stoweaway. 1000 days at the local dock bar, non-stop and without resupply. Donations and stockpiles may take you years and years- even decades to acquire the amount needed just to keep rd & company in drink enough through 1,000 nights of braying at the moon/

Tis a most admirable quest. To compete with and defeat this Don Quijote of the seas you have chosen as your esteemed adversary. Get on the phone man, maybe Mt Gay's willing to sponsor your quest- if you don't ask them they'll never tell.

• Downvote 1
To compete with and defeat this Don Quijote of the seas you have chosen as your esteemed adversary.

this is where you project your mean streak on others and show how silly and deluded you are.

no one here would ever consider Reid Stowe an adversary..

you sound like some 8 year old kid in a tree house.

Reid is not on a quixotic voyage. He is proclaiming his place in sailing history, desperate for fame and being ignored by the very mankind he worked so hard to enlighten.

as someone pointed out earlier, now that he's hit his goal; he could sail into st martin and pick up a job selling boat bits at island water world, painting bottoms at robbies or any of a myriad of jobs available to a broke sailor in a foreign port and start supporting his family financially.

he could be anchored in phillipsburg in 3 weeks and job hunting.

maybe the temptation to return to smuggling is too much for him to brave.

instead he has his baby momma begging for money for sat phone communication and he has to delay his return to a first world venue where he hopes to make a splash in the major media with an imaginary flotilla announcing his grand arrival.

sober up ducky

• Like 1
To compete with and defeat this Don Quijote of the seas you have chosen as your esteemed adversary.

this is where you project your mean streak on others and show how silly and deluded you are.

no one here would ever consider Reid Stowe an adversary..

you sound like some 8 year old kid in a tree house.

Reid is not on a quixotic voyage. He is proclaiming his place in sailing history, desperate for fame and being ignored by the very mankind he worked so hard to enlighten.

as someone pointed out earlier, now that he's hit his goal; he could sail into st martin and pick up a job selling boat bits at island water world, painting bottoms at robbies or any of a myriad of jobs available to a broke sailor in a foreign port and start supporting his family financially.

he could be anchored in phillipsburg in 3 weeks and job hunting.

maybe the temptation to return to smuggling is too much for him to brave.

instead he has his baby momma begging for money for sat phone communication and he has to delay his return to a first world venue where he hopes to make a splash in the major media with an imaginary flotilla announcing his grand arrival.

sober up ducky

lol you say I sound deluded? lol lol

From the 1000 days site: "Following was a 1,000th Day Party & Celebration from 17:00 to 20:00 at Ryan Maguire’s Ale House just 2 blocks from the Museum. There was plenty of food provided by Kadouri Foods and Ryan Maguire’s, and the band This Spy Surfs, led by Todd Colburn played all evening. Over 70 people attended and all had a great time."

That was it? 70 people? Were they counting the regulars like Cliff and Norm? More bible thumpers came to see Zac finish than that. Any word about Jesus and Budha attending? or did they just send one of their minions?

Reid math - 70 people times $50 contribution on average. How is Soy going to pay rent on that?

From the 1000 days site: "Following was a 1,000th Day Party & Celebration from 17:00 to 20:00 at Ryan Maguire's Ale House just 2 blocks from the Museum. There was plenty of food provided by Kadouri Foods and Ryan Maguire's, and the band This Spy Surfs, led by Todd Colburn played all evening. Over 70 people attended and all had a great time."

That was it? 70 people? Were they counting the regulars like Cliff and Norm? More bible thumpers came to see Zac finish than that. Any word about Jesus and Budha attending? or did they just send one of their minions?

Reid math - 70 people times $50 contribution on average. How is Soy going to pay rent on that?

Doesn't have to pay rent. Living with mom and dad. When Weid returns she and Darshen can move on to the.........Nah, she'll continue living with mom and dad.

Maybe they are planning to live aboard with Darshen.... Why don't you suggest that Ed make a donation from the SAAC charitable fund to help these sailors? Donna from MC asked for donations for Sat-phone minutes when she and Soy were interviewed on the Heart River radio program, and then added ~

"Also when Reid comes home, we're going to need to raise some money for the haul-out, because you know we need to get that boat ship-shape."

• Like 1
A J O B is not the answer for everyone, especially a guy like Reid. He's been working his whole life, but not necessarily for the "man". More power to him. B)

Yeah, that's great. And then he says, "Every day I have to forgive and forgive... those who didn't support me". Let the other guy work for "the man" and then beg. I wonder if he'll need cash for a haul HOME ?

• Like 1
A J O B is not the answer for everyone, especially a guy like Reid. He's been working his whole life, but not necessarily for the "man". More power to him. B)

i guess the goddess Soanya has got the power to her too. otherwise, she could get a job to pay for sat phone minutes.

http://singleparents.about.com/od/legalissues/p/portrait.htm

79% of custodial single mothers are gainfully employed

50% work full time, year round

29% work part-time or part-year

0% mothers most quickly fertilized at sea work upon return to land

• Like 1
Is the good ship Tantra Anne leaving the newly created Atlantic Gyre? No

Did I miss a event? Not Really - Clify is turning water into wine, Ducky, salty, tdBF, Capt Lithium are doing the usual MC shit talk

Did Google Earth update his position pin? No

I need to check this thread more often. Not really, perhaps check back in June

Who said "Gyre"?

Here's something old Reid might like, some Yeats:

http://www.potw.org/archive/potw351.html

i guess the goddess Soanya has got the power to her too. otherwise, she could get a job to pay for sat phone minutes.

I will be very interested to see if Weid gets a job and offers support. Highly unlikely though. A selfproclaimed artist, explorer and spiritual leader he will always view himself as having a higher calling, himself and the next sweet young thing that wants to hear him blow his conch.

THE SECOND COMING Home Of R. Stowned

(with Apologies to Yeats)

Turning to and fro in the ever widening Pacific garbage gyre:

The man named Stowe cannot hear the cries of anarchy;

Their world falling apart; their centre cannot hold;

He's being recognized in mainstream sailing rags,

The bastard usurper of their classless hold,

Merest strains of tainted naysayer sailors loosed upon the world,

Do more harm than any other,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed alike, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

Cauldron of competition countenanced to not be fair.

As the best lack all conviction for pot smuggling, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Buddha Jesus Krishna will massage again.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image of ejaculation gone awry,

Troubles my sight: a desert of sand & cheese;

A shape of flying fish and sleeping sprouts,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow mouth, while all are about,

Wind shadows of the indignant crowd.

The darkness drops again but now I know

That more than 1000 days and nights the darkened deep,

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking and solid wire mesh made hull,

And what rough denizen of the deep, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards New York Harbor to be reborn?

Here they say tis much wiser to

change your plans don't remain hove to

turn your bow and head not for home

make haste instead to the islands of the stream

and paint the bottoms of the hulls of other men to not be mean

remain invisibly silent, please do not be seen.

They are jealous of your industry and not your strife,

The fame well accrued in the dauntless life,

they think your time will be much more wisely spent

if any monies accrued were ne'er given to nor lent

and to spend your life living near the land

instead of off at sea at your own command

Some seek solace and some seek fame,

Many toil daily just for their worldly gain

Few have e'er publicly sailed as long and far as Thee to be,

Such a well known sailor in eternity.

I will be very interested to see if Weid gets a job and offers support. Highly unlikely though. A selfproclaimed artist, explorer and spiritual leader he will always view himself as having a higher calling, himself and the next sweet young thing that wants to hear him he convinces to blow his conch.

Fixed for you redboat....

Thanks RD.

I continue to be astounded by Soanya's naivete and inexperience in spite of Weid's recent video of the AP interview where he assured Verena that Soanya had been preparing for the year prior to departure.

Surprised that these little vids are the best that MC can come up with. Some fairly bright and talented people there. They surely can do better. This stuff looks like something CLEAN would post.

Who can claim 1000 posts on this thread?

:lol:

not even a handful

Poster Posts

Regatta Dog 2285

aseawolf 1667

JPlanet 1505

billy backstay 1166

Who can claim 1000 posts on this thread?

:lol:

not even a handful

Poster Posts

Regatta Dog 2285

aseawolf 1667

JPlanet 1505

billy backstay 1166

Is this a new GAF (Global Assessment of Functioning, a psychological scale from the DSM IV that describes how people are functioning in the real world and which is better higher or lower:

4 with 1000 plus posts here.

2 with 700 +

2 with 600 +

4 with 500 +

1 with 400 +

10 with 300+

9 with 200 +

33 with 100 +

I wanna be in the 200 Club!