• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

At least there were people to greet him. I hope he sails right up to the ICE dock but I don't care if he gest towed in either. Already made history.

fixed - but what's gest?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

At least there were people to greet him. I hope he sails right up to the dock but I don't care if he gest towed in either. Already made history.

Yea, that's the problem; Reid's history...

Drug smuggling, drug culture, (continual/present) history of deadbeat dad...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

At least there were people to greet him. I hope he sails right up to the dock but I don't care if he gest towed in either. Already made history.

And why the mainstream media won't touch this "story" with a ten-foot pole.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

And why the mainstream media won't touch this "story" with a ten-foot pole.

post-34100-126762355123_thumb.jpg

They did once.... By media, are you including the Notice to Mariners which should have a page or two about Stowe's return?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

Flotilla Shuttle Bus Details

Parking is limited at the Pier 66 departure point.

The 1000 Days Flotilla shuttle bus leaves the Javits Center (34th and 12th) on June 17th at 8:30 AM.

Please e-mail Soanya@1000days.net to reserve a seat.

a2943183-237-Hippie%20Bus.jpg

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5

the recently added 'fact sheet' on 1000days.net is incorrect. (big surprise).

just one item i noticed is:

Longest non-stop America sea voyage.

Previous record: Dodge Morgan- 150 days

Reid- 1000 days and counting

Donna Lange is an American and unlike the Schooner Anne, her boat is flagged US. She sailed her boat, Inspired Insanity from Bristol, RI non-stop singlehanded to Aukland, NZ ; 168 days passage.

i don't know if there are others even longer.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

Picky, Picky. He still has the longest non stop sea voyage. That's THE record to have in my book.

I prefer FREAK OUT by FZ and the Mothers

• Downvote 3

Picky, Picky. He still has the longest non stop sea voyage. That's THE record to have in my book.

you're right Salty. its very picky to expect a 'fact sheet' to be accurate.

much better to invent a new cockamamie sailing record and then award it to a pal erroneously.

hovian modus operandi for more than 30 years, why tinker with success?

is the answer to where Reid got the funds to build the Schooner Anne in your book also?

the newspaper with the largest circulation in NYC has promised to ask that picky question at the EXPLORER's homecoming.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

48.52 nm yesterday-I am not sure that I can stand the drama.

3638 miles to go!!!

He needs ~35 miles per day to make it back by the 17 June. What's the over under? Does Vegas have a line?

• Downvote 4

48.52 nm yesterday-I am not sure that I can stand the drama.

3638 miles to go!!!

He needs ~35 miles per day to make it back by the 17 June. What's the over under? Does Vegas have a line?

Plenty of time to stop in the islands and pick up a few tons of weed before heading North.

Have to love the predeparture vid where Weid and Wave are loading up provisions and Weid boasts how the Tantra Schooner has carried much more cargo than the provisions necessary for the 1000 day drift. Hmmmm.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4
Plenty of time to stop in the islands and pick up a few tons of weed before heading North.

I'm pretty sure cannabis is no longer smuggled into the USA.

At least not on any sort of scale.

The best stuff is grown right here.

The Mexican cartels have moved their operations into the forests of Northern California which puts the traditional NorCal growers at a hardship. It's a trouble.

Google: California largest crop

• Downvote 4

OK, let's just say that it is a record. Slowest non-stop circumnavigator ever! Whoo! Glad we got that over with. He's got the record, big deal - who wants it? One of the Sunderland offspring who hasn't attempted a record or something? Maybe Wofsey will try to do 1000 days. Maybe you Salty! I mean, if this is such a monumental achievement, then certainly scores of folks will be lining up to break Wie®d's record.

"Look Salty, over there, I think I see another entry."

post-34100-126779458089_thumb.jpg

• Downvote 5

3563 miles to go. Seems like more ships are passiong nearby.

Last night I heard Rich Wilson talk about his Vendee race that went by the unit at Cape Horn. His is a great show and if you need a fund raiser I heard his fee is reasonable.

Several thougths came to mind. One was how humble he was. Another is that he must be tough as nails. Almost sixty. He had videos of Open 60s doing 22 knots and they were breath taking. 6,000 calories a day and lost only three pounds. The chaos of the sounds of the southern ocean.

He set up a learning system with schools before he left. he had fifteen experts who could respond to quesitons from the students.

120,000 people at the awards ceremony. Even more to see them off for the start of the race. The friendships between the competitors. His connection with people.

And I also thought about the other guy. It so sad what he could have done with this trip.

I also still believe that he could make a lot of money with speaking tour and a book. It will depend on how he tells the story. Rich was self effacing as he related how he broke a couple of ribs and for three weeks could not get into his bunk because of the pain, but still had to do all of the work. He did not have to elaborate, the facts of the matter spoke volumes.

• Downvote 3

I also still believe that he could make a lot of money with speaking tour and a book. It will depend on how he tells the story. Rich was self effacing (snip)

well Reid Stowe is one humble self-effacing guy too.

hey, don't take it from me or the Hovians; let Reid tell you himself, in his own words:

(excerpts from log day 528: Declaration of Intent)

My words are never meant as a boast.

I am a humble, small being in the midst of power that has overwhelmed the most capable men and boats.

I am not a separate individual and I feel that the way of heaven is to help those below and it flows to the humble.

I may appear to be over stepping human bounds and I have not attained my goals, but I work diligently in repair and prayer.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

Latest news from the Cheesemonaut....

Day 1048 Raised Mainsail

Sunday, 07 March 2010

MAR 5 DAY 1048 I RAISE MAINSAIL AFTER 6 MONTHS! SAILING IS SO BEAUTIFUL I CRIED TEARS OF JOY & THANKFULNESS WATCH OUR SAT TRAC MOVE NNW OVER THE NEXT WEEKS SACRED SIDESLIPPING WAS INCREDIBLE! WHATS NEXT?! LOVE, REID

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

Wait a minute. We were treated to speed reports during months of driftathon, now he actually set a sail and no report? I wonder whether a school of triggerfish stirring your reef might be a secret 5th mode?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

Day 1048 Raised Mainsail

Sunday, 07 March 2010

MAR 5 DAY 1048 I RAISE MAINSAIL AFTER 6 MONTHS! SAILING IS SO BEAUTIFUL I CRIED TEARS OF JOY & THANKFULNESS WATCH OUR SAT TRAC MOVE NNW OVER THE NEXT WEEKS SACRED SIDESLIPPING WAS INCREDIBLE! WHATS NEXT?! LOVE, REID

Day 1049- 306= 743.

Doused main for repairs.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

Day 1048 Raised Mainsail

Sunday, 07 March 2010

Day 1049- 306= 743.

Doused main for repairs.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Why Weid and Mission Control proudly proclaim that they haven't been sailing for so much of this foolishness is beyond me. They fully expect the sailing community to applaud this time on the water as an achievement?

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

Is this train wreck still going on?? I thought he was done with this months ago……what’s the deal??

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

Is this train wreck still going on?? I thought he was done with this months ago……what's the deal??

Stowe didn't want to come back during winter, ETA is mid June. He's been aimlessly drifting around in circles for the last six months.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

Is this train wreck still going on?? I thought he was done with this months ago……what's the deal??

Stowe didn't want to come back during winter, ETA is mid June. He's been aimlessly drifting around in circles for the last six months.

I wonder if it would be "senseless killing" to take all the tropical fish that have been inhabiting the Anne's reef-like hull that once Reid drifts across the Gulf Stream that most of the fish would die. Then again for the life forms on his hull that survive would he be introducing any invasive species to the Hudson River.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

Stowe didn't want to (Risk trying to bring the crippled tub) come back during winter, ETA is mid June. He's been aimlessly drifting around in circles for the last six months.

Fixed.

The sails, believe it or not, are in BETTER shape than the standing rigging.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

I wonder if it would be "senseless killing" to take all the tropical fish that have been inhabiting the Anne's reef-like hull that once Reid drifts across the Gulf Stream that most of the fish would die. Then again for the life forms on his hull that survive would he be introducing any invasive species to the Hudson River.

Introduce invasive species to the Hudson River ??

Any species that can survive in the Hudson is capable of living anywhere!!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

as if introduction of the hovian hoard wasn't enough, sheesh

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

Sacred slideslipping? WTF?

Never mind, I don't want to know.

It's from one of Weeds more stoned ramblings, about how the boat drifts around when he is going so slow as to have no helm or steerage-way. Which is most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

Day 1048 Raised Mainsail [in-fucking-credible!]

Sunday, 07 March 2010

It's, uh, called "leeway", Reid...

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

Day 1048 Raised Mainsail [in-fucking-credible!]

Sunday, 07 March 2010

It's, uh, called "leeway", Reid...

His mind is made up. DON'T confuse him with facts.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3

A relative has worked on a boat for many years not too far from the pier where Reid was. When I mentioned Reid's name recently he immediately said "scam artist." He & others around there for years regarded him as just a whack job that would do anything for a buck. He's still appalled at remembering Weedo ferrying people for considerable money during 9/11. I filled him in on the deadbeat dad, drug smuggling, etc. Wasn't surprised. Gotta ask him if he & the others want to join the flotilla in June (heh heh).

He better get out of there with the Invasive Species coming!!

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

A relative has worked on a boat for many years not too far from the pier where Reid was. When I mentioned Reid's name recently he immediately said "scam artist." He & others around there for years regarded him as just a whack job that would do anything for a buck. He's still appalled at remembering Weedo ferrying people for considerable money during 9/11. I filled him in on the deadbeat dad, drug smuggling, etc. Wasn't surprised. Gotta ask him if he & the others want to join the flotilla in June (heh heh).

Yeah? Who is your relative? I lived at Pier 63 for a few seasons, and my wife and I were married there. Who are "He & others around there" that "regarded him as just a whack job that would do anything for a buck"? And do tell about Reid "ferrying people" during 9/11. I was there, and the river was locked down after the evacuations. We couldn't even get near the piers, let alone take our boats out. Did he evacuate anyone on Anne? He was more than a mile upriver on a very slow boat, and the Battery was boiling with tunnel cats, but maybe you know something I don't. Please share.

Yeah, folks want to have a good time about Reid's drifting, his history, his unique forms of maintenance, whatever. It's all good fun, and I think Reid might have a laugh along with many of the folks here, he can take a joke. But you claim to know these people, I am interested which boat, which which pier, and who were they? If they worked in the area then we would have known them or known of them, it was a pretty tight community back then.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 6

Yeah? Who is your relative? I lived at Pier 63 for a few seasons, and my wife and I were married there. Who are "He & others around there" that "regarded him as just a whack job that would do anything for a buck"? And do tell about Reid "ferrying people" during 9/11. I was there, and the river was locked down after the evacuations. We couldn't even get near the piers, let alone take our boats out. Did he evacuate anyone on Anne? He was more than a mile upriver on a very slow boat, and the Battery was boiling with tunnel cats, but maybe you know something I don't. Please share.

Yeah, folks want to have a good time about Reid's drifting, his history, his unique forms of maintenance, whatever. It's all good fun, and I think Reid might have a laugh along with many of the folks here, he can take a joke. But you claim to know these people, I am interested which boat, which which pier, and who were they? If they worked in the area then we would have known them or known of them, it was a pretty tight community back then.

I have to agree with Wofsey - I mean, I once ran into a Reid supporter and they were RABID, like foaming at the mouth RABID that Reid was a good guy. I suspect someone created a sock puppet to seek if Wofsey would take the bait. Insert Gaff Hook Here.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

Nope Wofsey, not giving out any more info about the relative since it is a close-knit community and as Red said, you Weedo supporters are RABID!

Relative has never been one to embellish. Face it Wofsey, your idol probably disgusted a lot of people around there. Let's see how many of 'em are

happy upon his return when he resumes his panhandling.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 7

Don't imagine there's a whole lot of panhandling to be done in Hoboken, NJ! I wonder if he thinks, now that he's like as famous as Magellan or Ponce de Leon, he's gonna get like a heroes welcome and a pier named after himself along the westside highway where he, Soy, and Darshen can live like rent free until their sprouts and parm reg run out!

• Like 5
  • Downvote 6

Nope Wofsey, not giving out any more info about the relative since it is a close-knit community and as Red said, you Weedo supporters are RABID!

Relative has never been one to embellish. Face it Wofsey, your idol probably disgusted a lot of people around there. Let's see how many of 'em are

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."

Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.

For instance, look at me ... I like Reid, but I actually knew him, and couldn't care a whole lot about this whole saga, pro or con. Once people get to know Reid, his superhero and/or supervillain status dissolve almost instantly. He's just a regular guy, and compared to most of the rest of the people who were at Pier 63, he actually was about the least controversial one of all.

When it came to drug-dealing, fathering children, grand-schemes, strange boats, mysterious sources of income, septic, exotic women friends and strange eating habits, Reid barely even registered compared with some of those folks. In fact, the only thing in my memory about him that really stood out from everyone else was that he always seemed to be doing odd-jobs for John K. while the rest of us basically abused our boats getting drunk beyond measure and trying to procreate with anything/one that moved.

Sorry Toots, Reid was a choir boy in comparison, and I was a lightweight compared to most of them ... which says a lot, because I had never been a bigger brass-necked arsehole than at that time in my life.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 8

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."

Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.

For instance, look at me ... I like Reid, but I actually knew him, and couldn't care a whole lot about this whole saga, pro or con. Once people get to know Reid, his superhero and/or supervillain status dissolve almost instantly. He's just a regular guy, and compared to most of the rest of the people who were at Pier 63, he actually was about the least-interesting, least controversial one of all.

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.

Stowe isn't a super anything, he is a sadly comic figure with grandiose notions of his own self importance and his "quest". He'd probably be fine to hang for beers with, but I sure as hell wouldn't to be on a sailboat with him.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 7

Woof Woof!

Why do you refuse to hear anything negative about your hero? You just jump right in to vehemently protect your man. Is there something you'd like to share re: you & Weed? Are you his reason for contemplating man-massages? Please share.

Since you believe people should post their true ID & info about themselves, friends& family, why don't you put a picture here of your kids? And how about video directions to your house while you are at it. Thanks in advance.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 8

Woof Woof!

Why do you refuse to hear anything negative about your hero? You just jump right in to vehemently protect your man. Is there something you'd like to share re: you & Weed? Are you his reason for contemplating man-massages? Please share.

Since you believe people should post their true ID & info about themselves, friends& family, why don't you put a picture here of your kids? And how about video directions to your house while you are at it. Thanks in advance.

so late to the game 'loca, mike did that months ago.

GO THE WOFSEY !

• Like 4
  • Downvote 6

Woof Woof!

You should try reading a little more Loca,Mike is probably the most transparent guy in SA history.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

Woof Woof!

GO THE WOFSEY !

Hey -- this shit is too good. "Sovereign Citizen" might be Reid's edge.

MC -- Paying attention? Serious...gotta watch. UFB. Might be able to get into the country.

You want divine fries with that?

Wow....I don't miss my hair so much.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

For instance, look at me ... I like Reid, but I actually knew him, and couldn't care a whole lot about this whole saga, pro or con. Once people get to know Reid, his superhero and/or supervillain status dissolve almost instantly. He's just a regular guy, and compared to most of the rest of the people who were at Pier 63, he actually was about the least-interesting, least controversial one of all.

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.

Stowe isn't a super anything, he is a sadly comic figure with grandiose notions of his own self importance and his "quest". He'd probably be fine to hang for beers with, but I sure as hell wouldn't to be on a sailboat with him.

His existence sure managed to spur quite a long thread on SA.

I like Reid, but he's about as interesting to me as your neighborhood tax accountant.

So you tell me Barley ... what is it about Reid that has generated all this chit-chat? If this was a thread about someone like Henrik Lundqvist -- for instance -- I could understand a thousand-some pages of talk, he's larger-than-life, powerful in his mannerisms, abilities and drive. But why Reid? He's just a friendly New Agey dude. If you were in Boulder, Tucson or San Fran and threw a rock you would have a pretty solid chance of hitting five or six Reid Stowes.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 7

Woof Woof!

You should try reading a little more Loca,Mike is probably the most transparent guy in SA history.

Many thanks Blut ...

While it is true that I have a thin veneer of sparkling personality, everyone from my wife to my own mother knows that below that is a dim-witted buffoon. I am thus forced to hoist my miserable plight up the nearest flagpole and beg people to look for fear of being forgotten like the ugly piglet destined for a quick end at the abattoir.

In my daily life I am the a doorstop ... useful but utterly forgettable. On SA I get to at least be a poster-boy of doorstops.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 7

I like Reid, but he's about as interesting to me as your neighborhood tax accountant.

So you tell me Barley ... what is it about Reid that has generated all this chit-chat? If this was a thread about someone like Henrik Lundqvist -- for instance -- I could understand a thousand-some pages of talk, he's larger-than-life, powerful in his mannerisms, abilities and drive. But why Reid? He's just a friendly New Agey dude. If you were in Boulder, Tucson or San Fran and threw a rock you would have a pretty solid chance of hitting five or six Reid Stowes.

Yes, Mike, he's all that and a roll of tin foil. God bless Reid and his ego, but he's not a sailor.

When are you coming to NY? A bit further up coast and I can get you on a racing boat and I'll take your wife out to dinner........and drinks.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 5

MC -- Paying attention? Serious...gotta watch. UFB. Might be able to get into the country.

It's a good thing muddle-head didn't smoke more than 20 bowl-fulls before the interview, otherwise he may have had trouble keeping his philosophy straight.

Wow.

That clip right there is 100x more effective than any Nancy Reagan Just-Say-No D.A.R.E. campaign!

Kids! Don't do drugs. Otherwise you could end up like Mr. Sovereign Nation here.

Teenager: :ph34r::blink:

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

Woof Woof!

Many thanks Blut ...

While it is true that I have a thin veneer of sparkling personality, everyone from my wife to my own mother knows that below that is a dim-witted buffoon. I am thus forced to hoist my miserable plight up the nearest flagpole and beg people to look for fear of being forgotten like the ugly piglet destined for a quick end at the abattoir.

In my daily life I am the a doorstop ... useful but utterly forgettable. On SA I get to at least be a poster-boy of doorstops.

I agree with everything. My mother, your mother, you and your wife should take a cruise. I'll watch the kids.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 6

It's a good thing muddle-head didn't smoke more than 20 bowl-fulls before the interview, otherwise he may have had trouble keeping his philosophy straight.

Wow.

That clip right there is 100x more effective than any Nancy Reagan Just-Say-No D.A.R.E. campaign!

Kids! Don't do drugs. Otherwise you could end up like Mr. Sovereign Nation here.

Teenager: :ph34r::blink:

Dude........uhm.........judgementalisticastrophoric.....whatever. You and your Shampoo Lobbiest friends...... whatever........

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

Woof Woof!

GO THE WOFSEY !

Wow....I don't miss my hair so much.

Actually ... this long-haired yahoo is right ... by the definition of the U.S. Code, the "United States" is defined by the District of Columbia and Federal Protectorates (such as Guam). If you claim that you are a "United States Citizen" you then waive your rights as a citizen of your home state and enter the admiralty juris of the U.S.. On the other hand, if you claim yourself a "Citizen of the United States of America" and citizen (insert State here) then you claim access to your Constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms under Natural Law and jurisdiction of one of the 50 states to which you reside. And he is also right that Citizens of the United States of America are equal to Kings of Sovereign Nations, since the U.S.A. holds the truth self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights ...

He may look Bob Marley's contaminated cousin, but he speaks the truth.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 7

Woof Woof!

Many thanks Blut ...

I agree with everything. My mother, your mother, you and your wife should take a cruise. I'll watch the kids.

No can do Bobbo, we're currently working on increasing the global population by a digit.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 6

Yes, Mike, he's all that and a roll of tin foil. God bless Reid and his ego, but he's not a sailor.

When are you coming to NY? A bit further up coast and I can get you on a racing boat and I'll take your wife out to dinner........and drinks.

Coming to NYC? Probably when I'm not skint and my ship comes in and I don't have to lose sleep about paying for my natural gas bill in a ALABAMA THAT IS BLOODY CLOSE TO TROPICAL AND CAN FIND NO REASON ON EARTH WHY AN IDIOT LIKE ME SHOULD HAVE TO PAY TWICE WHAT IT COSTS TO HEAT A HOME IN NORTH DAKOTA!!

Then.

Unfortunately that ship 'aint Reid's.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 7

Woof Woof!

Many thanks Blut ...

No can do Bobbo, we're currently working on increasing the global population by a digit.

Upping the carbon footprint by two? Congratulations, Mike.

Those who haven't been keeping up - Mike has a very attractive family. He definitely married well.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 5

Those who haven't been keeping up - Mike has a very attractive family. He definitely married well.

Thanks Bob ... apparently at one point in my life I was not the same poverty-stricken loser I am today. That's the only explanation I have for my wife and kids. I just wish I could remember what it was like back then. Damn Mai Tais.

Anyway, I had a thought, what if this thread were not really about Reid at all? What if Reid were simply the excuse to have a thread of such godawful proportions that a hundred years in the future, people will speak of this thread, and perhaps even mention Reid's footnote, but more importantly, study the dynamics of perhaps the most colossal waste of time and energy -- made possible by a collection made possible by disparate individuals -- that the world has ever seen. And when the Internet is outlawed and destroyed by the talking dog overlords due to the negative effects of robotic worker productivity, canine historians will only need mention this thread to codify the reason for the action ... sort of a shorthand, like saying "Pearl Harbor" or "9/11."

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BwZzRB461bY

• Like 3
  • Downvote 7

Cliffy -

This is only one of a number of epic SA threads that could qualify - take a look at the Freedom of Yacht Design thread, or the A Scow thread(s) for examples of total insanity this corner of the interweb can create.

This thread reaches epic proportions due to the number of page views, but it is by no means unique - It is mostly due to the fact that you cant make this shit up!

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

Woof Woof!

Of all the people here, Wofsey has been one of the most upfront about who he is and how to find him. He has posted a picture of his wife and has even posted his phone number to people who wish to discuss specific topics. Not to mention he uses his real name.

For someone who has 3 posts here on SA you became an asshole awfully fast, do you have a personal grudge with wofsey?

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

Woof Woof!

Many thanks Blut ...

They know what causes that know.

Congrats to you and the Mrs

• Like 4
  • Downvote 5

No, China. No problemo with Woof. Altho' his vacillating between being pompous & (lately) self-deprecating gets to be a little old. But all's good.

Actually I prefer Slightly sock-puppet Salty.

You are new here, what you are witnessing is him vacillating between being drunk and sober

• Like 2
  • Downvote 5

Cliffy -

This is only one of a number of epic SA threads that could qualify - take a look at the Freedom of Yacht Design thread, or the A Scow thread(s) for examples of total insanity this corner of the interweb can create.

This thread reaches epic proportions due to the number of page views, but it is by no means unique - It is mostly due to the fact that you cant make this shit up!

So true. The regular pronouncements from the Voidscow nurtured this thread. Now that Mars communications are feeble and on life support there is little to nourish it and the pages of daily hillarity have diminished accordingly.

But the thread will again rise like the Phoenix as Weid approaches NY and immortality.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 5

Something's really screwy with the Google location mapping of his trip. Today they post it as 3/8/10 Day 1048 Speed 4.42 kts but he traveled 425.95 nm since Day 1047. But day 1047 is 3/3/10 according to them and that he traveled 51.23 nm doing 2.13 kts. Shouldn't it be Day 1052(and why did we lose 5 days)? And I don't think there's a chance in hell that he's averaged 85+ nm per day in the past five days. Something is totally screwed up with their calculations here. Is it all made up and he's been island sitting the last four months? What's up, MC?

• Like 5
  • Downvote 6

Stumbled across this previously mentioned but still entertaining report from a 2001 sail. At the end even the author is amused how their one knockdown during the sail has been reported by Reid as three knockdowns to the media. Not surprising.

http://www.doswellproductions.com/Trip%20to%20Bermuda.htm

• Like 5
  • Downvote 5