Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

Latest news from the Cheesemonaut..... what is a 'love messenger' and how is its effectiveness measured?

Day 1079 Skim by

Tuesday, 06 April 2010

APRIL 5 DAY 1079 THE DAYS SKIM BY! I FEEL LIKE TIME IS RUNNING OUT & I HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO SEE & LEARN TO BE AN EFFECTIVE LOVE MESSENGER. I PRAY IN THANKFULNESS MORE EARNESTLY & I THINK WHAT ARE THE WAYS I CAN GIVE TO ALL LOVE R

Time may indeed be running out on his 3 year all expenses paid polesitting. Does this mean he's going to "man up", do the right thing, and support his family upon his return?? Based on his sordid history, one has to have doubts...

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

Latest news from the Cheesemonaut..... what is a 'love messenger' and how is its effectiveness measured?

Day 1079 Skim by

Tuesday, 06 April 2010

APRIL 5 DAY 1079 THE DAYS SKIM BY! I FEEL LIKE TIME IS RUNNING OUT & I HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO SEE & LEARN TO BE AN EFFECTIVE LOVE MESSENGER. I PRAY IN THANKFULNESS MORE EARNESTLY & I THINK WHAT ARE THE WAYS I CAN GIVE TO ALL LOVE R

I'd bet that after 700+ days solo Stowe thinks pretty constantly about the ways he can give love to all. :o

Day 1079 Skim by

Tuesday, 06 April 2010

Time may indeed be running out on his 3 year all expenses paid polesitting. Does this mean he's going to "man up", do the right thing, and support his family upon his return?? Based on his sordid history, one has to have doubts...

If you mean supporting his family by getting a 9-5 job, not a chance. WEid will always be able to con people for money and he's got a real cash cow in the Schooner Anne. As long as she's floating he'll have a source of income. Hell, all he has to do is put out a gangplank, buy some insurance, and he's got a tour boat. The big question is, where is he going to live? Do you think Soy will live aboard with Darshen?

Day 1079 Skim by

Tuesday, 06 April 2010

If you mean supporting his family by getting a 9-5 job, not a chance. WEid will always be able to con people for money and he's got a real cash cow in the Schooner Anne. As long as she's floating he'll have a source of income. Hell, all he has to do is put out a gangplank, buy some insurance, and he's got a tour boat. The big question is, where is he going to live? Do you think Soy will live aboard with Darshen?

Reid also needs a Captains license, didn't we once determine he never had a proper Captain's license?

reidstowe.jpg

If he wants to do tours in Anguilla, where is is flagged out of, perhaps....

If he wants to try that scam business plan in NYC, he would have to re-flag, get his USCG ticket (and pass the drug test - LOL), get a USCG inspection, a haulout & survey before the insurance is written and figure out some way to switch that corroded "Y" valve back to the "alleged black water holding tanks"

That will happen right about the same time pigs fly out of his ass!

YCMTSU!!

Day 1079 Skim by

Tuesday, 06 April 2010

Reid also needs a Captains license, didn't we once determine he never had a proper Captain's license?

reidstowe.jpg

Yep, Swannie, no license. But he wouldn't get insurance either, though, so why should he care? Ran those Gilligan Island Three Hour Tours on the Hudson with no license, no insurance. Only problem now is that he'll be so much more "famous" that he won't be able to fly under the radar.

If he wants to do tours in Anguilla, where is is flagged out of, perhaps....

If he wants to try that scam business plan in NYC, he would have to re-flag, get his USCG ticket (and pass the drug test - LOL), get a USCG inspection, a haulout & survey before the insurance is written and figure out some way to switch that corroded "Y" valve back to the "alleged black water holding tanks"

That will happen right about the same time pigs fly out of his ass!

YCMTSU!!

1. USCG ticket could be obtained by a dead cat

2. Drugs test - which ones do you have to have taken?

3. Can we get this thread to 1,000,000 views before he gets back?

4. Has slightly salty died?

Peace

Don't worry, I'm still here and will remain until Reid gets back. He needs the support and I can't bail on him at a time like this. It's historical and he is a captain of the finest kind. Enjoy the ride Reid. ;):o:lol:

I under stand heading more west to catch the favored current along the continent, and I understand having to sort of go with the wind, sort of basic sailing stuff, but can anyone explain the little whirly gigs in his course? It looks like me going down wind when I am afraid to jibe B)

post-7786-127073718191_thumb.jpg

2,270 miles to the narrows.

can anyone explain the little whirly gigs in his course?

I think he's doing the best he can.

_______

On a not completely unrelated note, do you think he's in any hurry to get back? What does he have to look forward to? He's got his own little reality going on out there; is there anything better waiting for him on Dryland?

waterworld_with_family.jpg

waterworld_with_family_2.jpg

Don't worry, I'm still here and will remain until Reid gets back. He needs the support and I can't bail on him at a time like this. It's historical and he is a captain of the finest kind. Enjoy the ride Reid. ;):o:lol:

Phew!! You had me worried. You're probably the funniest poster here! Way to keep this thread going, Salt.

I feel obliged to comment, that the quality of the vitriol in this particular waterin' hole has taken a notable quality hit.

Any explanation?

Agreed. Sometimes it slips onto the second page even! Who would have guessed... I'm hoping things re-energize once he drifts back closer to NYC.

A fairly lucid post ---

"APR 1 DAY 1074 IDEAL SAILING. BROAD REACHING UNDER FULL MAIN AND JIB IN 15 KNOTS OF BREEZE AND MODERATE SWELLS. AVERAGING ABOUT 4 KTS WITH A JIBE EVERY FEW HOURS. SHEETS, HALYARDS AND BLOCKS ALL HOLDING UP WELL UNDER THE PRESSURE. WILL CLEAN THE BOTTOM TOMORROW, WEATHER PERMITTING. THINKING WARM AND LOVING THOUGHTS IN ANTICIPATION OF MY REUNION WITH SOANYA AND MEETING MY BELOVED SON."

He might be sane after all.

You got me, RD! You ass! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif !!!!

I'm back from my visit to the land of crystal enlightenment, deadly sweatlodges, and red rock canyons... and amazingly, not one person there mentioned our Rainbow Love Messenger! ohmy.gif You're slipping up, Wag...

I feel obliged to comment, that the quality of the vitriol in this particular waterin' hole has taken a notable quality hit.

Any explanation?

Cliffy - I would have to say the same about you. BTW - there is a YouTube vid of a Mac 26 in purported 50 MPH winds.... Note the measurement isn't in KNOTS!!!! Asswipes!

And if that is 50 knots of wind, I'll buy one.... where is the spray over the deck? Where is the waterskier behind the 50 horse?

The real deal is SirDriftAlot isn't drifting and grifting anymore - he's actually sailing, or so we are lead to believe. Nobody around here thinks that is a bad thing, so we are bored until he hits a cruise ship or something. Then again, since RD dropped a dime and called the Coasties, DEA, FBI, and www.deadbeatdad.com about Wei®d's upcoming arrival, we are all waiting to see what happens.

How is the desal thingy going?

he's actually sailing, or so we are lead to believe. Nobody around here thinks that is a bad thing, so we are bored until he hits a cruise ship or something.

Has he broken the mythical 4 knot barrier yet? I know that none of you think it can be done, but I have confidence in Anne. She's built like a Russian Woman Shotputter.

How is the desal thingy going?

Coming along, thanks for asking. We just obsoleted our old product with a new one; half the size, half the weight, almost the same output.

I still think his boat speed is a function of horniness, so that as we watch it pound slow up, 54, 74 to 84 in a day all of a sudden there is a climax and a little circle in the ocean and the boat drifts aimlessly for a few days until the cycle repeats itself. Why this might be I have no idea. :rolleyes:<_<

2,077 miles to the narrows. Still steering 45 degrees west of direct course, heading for larger current? or the green grass of Jamaica?

"Has he broken the mythical 4 knot barrier yet? I know that none of you think it can be done, but I have confidence in Anne. She's built like a Russian Woman Shotputter."

Damn near pissed myself reading that! +1

Well played, sir. Well played.

+1

Russion Woman Shotputter, fantastic!

"Has he broken the mythical 4 knot barrier yet? I know that none of you think it can be done, but I have confidence in Anne. She's built like a Russian Woman Shotputter."

+1

Just for shits and giggles, I googled 'Russian Women Shotputter'

xin_10080124091975754153.jpg

I will not sleep well tonight.

+1

Just for shits and giggles, I googled 'Russian Women Shotputter'

I may never look at life the same again (vomiting on the desk and looking for solvent to clean my eyes).

Sunday, 11 April 2010 APR 11 DAY 1085 A FEW DAYS OF VERY BLUSTERY WINDS BLOW US OUT OF OUR CALMS & WE MAKE MUCH MORE SPEED THAN WE NEED. I WEAR MY VIOLET TRANSPARENT HEALING CAPE OUT IN THE SUN. IT TURNS ME VIOLET & HEALS & INVIGORATES ME! LOVE REID

Can you imagine the spectacle this will be...

Captain Cluster @#% sailing up the Hudson, standing majestically upon his (slightly bent) Bowsprit, and wearing nothing but his "Transparent Healing Cape"...?

Especially, if he is "invigorated" at the time.

PLEASE tell me we are going to get some OTWA there... At least get some film of Crowhurst Reid sacred side slipping into the pier, dock, rock, or whatever he (will) run into.

GO REED GO!

Sunday, 11 April 2010 APR 11 DAY 1085 A FEW DAYS OF VERY BLUSTERY WINDS BLOW US OUT OF OUR CALMS & WE MAKE MUCH MORE SPEED THAN WE NEED. I WEAR MY VIOLET TRANSPARENT HEALING CAPE OUT IN THE SUN. IT TURNS ME VIOLET & HEALS & INVIGORATES ME! LOVE REID

Captain Cluster @#% sailing up the Hudson, standing majestically upon his (slightly bent) Bowsprit, and wearing nothing but his "Transparent Healing Cape"...?

PLEASE tell me we are going to get some OTWA there... At least get some film of Crowhurst Reid sacred side slipping into the pier, dock, rock, or whatever he (will) run into.

GO REED GO!

I'm there, if Scooter sends Clean and picks up the tab. Alan owes me a pack of smokes.

Maybe a meet and greet in NYC? Could be a fucking blast.

I can take the train, but I'm not sure it is worth the trip unless SA flies Wofsey up.

Can you even imagine?

EDIT - That Russian chick has a nice armgina.

EDIT 2 - TFR

1240589141_dog_milking_a_goat.gif

GO REED GO!

I'm there, if Scooter sends Clean and picks up the tab. Alan owes me a pack of smokes.

Maybe a meet and greet in NYC? Could be a fucking blast.

I can take the train, but I'm not sure it is worth the trip unless SA flies Wofsey up.

Can you even imagine?

EDIT - That Russian chick has a nice armgina.

No joke, I will take the photos! Cover my flight and I will buy the first round of brew!

You shouldn't make fun of her after the tragic loss of her baby during the birthing process.

Everything was proceeding nominally until it came for the final push, at which time the newborn shot out of mommy like a cannon, came to the end of the umbilical cord, snapped back in rebound and was squished flat as a pancake against the wall. Then mommy tore the head off the obstetrician.

"WE MAKE MUCH MORE SPEED THAN WE NEED" :lol::lol:

2,072 miles to the narrows. Sailing on a straight line. Lots of ship traffic just to the north. Probably can't see him in him the "VIOLET TRANSPARENT HEALING CAPE".

If you were on watch would you dare tell someone that you were seeing a naked guy in a "violet transparent healing cape"? Would they lock you up or put you in irons? :ph34r:

+1

Is that the same as saying, built like a man?

Better shotputting through chemistry

+1

Is that the same as saying, built like a man?

Better shotputting through chemistry

You hit the nail on the head!

The picture I posted was of Russia's Irina Korzhanenko who was stripped of her shot put gold because of doping.

"WE MAKE MUCH MORE SPEED THAN WE NEED" :lol::lol:

2,072 miles to the narrows. Sailing on a straight line. Lots of ship traffic just to the north. Probably can't see him in him the "VIOLET TRANSPARENT HEALING CAPE".

If you were on watch would you dare tell someone that you were seeing a naked guy in a "violet transparent healing cape"? Would they lock you up or put you in irons? :ph34r:

----------------------------------------

Just tell em you saw this instead.

18894.jpg

The Madrid Spirit is passing close by, a LNG carrier, I do not think you want to do the whip lash willie thing with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwD-DtKZNWE

madrid.bmp

On the 1000 days web google earth they show Agulhas Stream. I sometimes wonder if that is a ship Reid is tracking or if they are trying to warn him about it?post-7786-127119132032_thumb.jpg

1,926 miles to go. I will be out of town for a while and will miss the big turn north in what ever it is that becomes the Gulf Stream. :(

Over on Abby Sunderland's site she refers to the need to keep her AIS and radar active.

Then there is Weid.

I'm sure if someone had donated the radar and AIS equipment it would be used. Then again, maybe Jesus and Buddha are providing that service.

Day 1088 Sargasso Seaweed pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Wednesday, 14 April 2010 APRIL 14 DAY 1088 BLUSTERY GREY DAY BLEW OUT ONLY STAY-SAIL LEFT. WILL SPEND NEXT DAYS RESTITCHING ALL SEAMS. CAN DO. I SEE SARGASSO SEAWEED FOLLOWING COLUMBUS INTO THE SARGASSO SEA.THE LOVE VOYAGE SAILS ON PEACE & HEALING. ALL IS 1

The failing Love Boat trucks along!! TFR; you can't make this shit up...

Nobel prize for whacked poetry anyone ?

I SEE SARGASSO SEAWEED FOLLOWING COLUMBUS INTO THE SARGASSO SEA.THE LOVE VOYAGE SAILS ON PEACE & HEALING. ALL IS 1

I WEAR MY VIOLET TRANSPARENT HEALING CAPE OUT IN THE SUN. IT TURNS ME VIOLET & HEALS & INVIGORATES ME!

I HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO SEE & LEARN TO BE AN EFFECTIVE LOVE MESSENGER. I PRAY IN THANKFULNESS MORE EARNESTLY & I THINK WHAT ARE THE WAYS I CAN GIVE TO ALL

YAZOWIE! KWATZ! KWATZ! WOW! I AM SLOWLY ON MY WAY HOME

I ALSO DANCE IN A GLORIOUS FRENZY, THEN JOY OVERWHELMS ME AND I LAUGH AND CRY ECSTATICALLY. THEN I CALL OUT AND BABBLE LIKE A LITTLE BOY! SAILING IN A STATE OF GRACE ONWARDS INTO THE LIGHT

THE SOUL OF MANKIND AT ONE WITH SEA & UNIVERSE IS NAVIGATOR OF LOVE

SACRED SIDESLIPPING WAS INCREDIBLE! WHATS NEXT?!

ALLS WELL ON THE SACRED SEAS

DRAGON FLIES I MAKE A DRAGON MASK AND PUT IT ON AND SEE RAINBOWS!

EVERYTHING BECOMES MORE BEAUTIFUL AND HOLY LOVE

VOID HO! VOID HO! LAND HO? NOO!!!

Uh Oh.....

he may be able to get a job when he gets back after all.

(Obama aims to send astronauts to mars)

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/sci-tech/obama-aims-to-send-astronauts-to-mars-20100416-shzs.html?autostart=1

Imagine Weido being in a capsule for 3 years. 3 years of poetry - uggh. He would have to be alone though, otherwise we would probably see our first space murder! (crew vs Weido)

I SEE SARGASSO SEAWEED FOLLOWING COLUMBUS INTO THE SARGASSO SEA.THE LOVE VOYAGE SAILS ON PEACE & HEALING. ALL IS 1

I WEAR MY VIOLET TRANSPARENT HEALING CAPE OUT IN THE SUN. IT TURNS ME VIOLET & HEALS & INVIGORATES ME!

I HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO SEE & LEARN TO BE AN EFFECTIVE LOVE MESSENGER. I PRAY IN THANKFULNESS MORE EARNESTLY & I THINK WHAT ARE THE WAYS I CAN GIVE TO ALL

I ALSO DANCE IN A GLORIOUS FRENZY, THEN JOY OVERWHELMS ME AND I LAUGH AND CRY ECSTATICALLY. THEN I CALL OUT AND BABBLE LIKE A LITTLE BOY! SAILING IN A STATE OF GRACE ONWARDS INTO THE LIGHT

...and people say Tonto no talk good...

Tonto bet Weid on payote.

Tonto

Tonto

Tarzan say him smoke banana peel.

Tarzan

Tonto

Tarzan say him smoke banana peel.

Tarzan

Frankenstein not know what is wrong with Weid, but think shock therapy good start.

FIRE BAD!

Frankie

"Day1091 Double Stitch Saturday, 17 April 2010 APRIL 17 DAY 1091 I DECIDED TO DOUBLE STITCH THE ONLY STAYSAIL LEFT SINCE IT IS SO IMPORTANT. I HAVE LARGE STORM JIB UP IN ITS PLACE SINCE IT IS SO IMPORTANT. THE SOLO PILGRIM JOURNEYS ON TO SEEK THE SOURCE OF LIFE. LOVE EMPOWERS "

Have to give credit to MC for not editing the hell out of these priceless little blurbs. They are hopefully wincing rather than saying that the words of their Lord and Master must be conveyed to the masses as scripture.

If he wants major media attention and continues to communicate like he has recently I think NPR, Herb McCormick and other supporters might even back away from their boy. Weid will always have Mistress Barbie by his side though.

"Day1091 Double Stitch Saturday, 17 April 2010 APRIL 17 DAY 1091 I DECIDED TO DOUBLE STITCH THE ONLY STAYSAIL LEFT SINCE IT IS SO IMPORTANT. I HAVE LARGE STORM JIB UP IN ITS PLACE SINCE IT IS SO IMPORTANT. THE SOLO PILGRIM JOURNEYS ON TO SEEK THE SOURCE OF LIFE. LOVE EMPOWERS "

Wei®d the PILGRIM arrives in NYC. Note the long line of followers..

pilgrim-fathers-first-landing.jpg

Keep on rocking the free world Reid. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like you're on American Idol. You rock and keep on rocking. Ease her on home and rejoice in the celebration. Keep on living life to the fullest. B)

Keep on rocking the free world Reid. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like you're on American Idol. You rock and keep on rocking. Ease her on home and rejoice in the celebration. Keep on living life to the fullest. cool.gif

It good to see someone else on Tazan mental level.

Frankenstein

translation:

"Day1091 Double Stitch Saturday, 17 April 2010 APRIL 17 DAY 1091 I'm performing a sail repair using techniques which actually approach normal prudent practices, since I am down to two sails. And even then I don't trust my work. I'm really horny so I'm traveling, seeking pussy. Sex is my motivation."

How many miles to go to the finish?

At this point its 1385 hours until the set arrival time.

What's that for an estimated average speed needed to arrive at the designated hour?

I calculate about 1450 nautical miles to Verrazano Narrows Bridge (straight line distance, which we know is not feasible).

Therefore, the target SOG is just over 1 knot.

I think that is doable, especially once he picks up the Gulf Stream.

So to make one knot with prevailing winds and current, why not just rig a jib sail? Does he have one of those left?

I just like to send some good support towards Reid. Someone has to counter act the SA vibe here man... :ph34r:

Thought you were dead, Salty...

You leave Salty alone ('tho that is funny)! Weedo may be Salty's hero, but Salty is MY hero!

I just like to send some good support towards Reid. Someone has to counter act the SA vibe here man... :ph34r:

Thought you were dead, Salty...

You leave Salty alone ('tho that is funny)! Weedo may be Salty's hero, but Salty is MY hero!

Still waiting for the pics of girlfriends tits....

Charles Doane has another article about Reid -- the early days. Very good article and worth the read -- Comprehending Reid Stowe: Early Voyages & The Moitessier Factor

It's probably the best article about Reid I've read. Praises him, but also seems to portray him as a Moitessier wanna-be. Doane read Reid's manuscript from the early days and tells of pirates, love triangles and teaching yoga at Club Med. Here's an excerpt -

Reid also describes how he and Ivo relentlessly practiced yoga and made mountains of art while sailing together. In a superficial way parts of his text seem to mimic that of Moitessier's
The Long Way
, though I don't know if Reid ever had a chance to read the book, which appeared in English in 1973, prior to writing his
Tantra
manuscript. Unlike Moitessier, however, he takes the "ocean passage as spiritual adventure" angle to a much higher, more technical level. Large portions of his manuscript are devoted to very detailed descriptions of his yoga and meditation practice, with precise instructions, for example, on how to keep from getting horny or feeling cold while sailing on the open ocean.

Highly recommended reading. Looking forward to comments.

How many miles to go to the finish?

At this point its 1385 hours until the set arrival time.

What's that for an estimated average speed needed to arrive at the designated hour?

I calculate about 1450 nautical miles to Verrazano Narrows Bridge (straight line distance, which we know is not feasible).

Therefore, the target SOG is just over 1 knot.

I think that is doable, especially once he picks up the Gulf Stream.

So to make one knot with prevailing winds and current, why not just rig a jib sail? Does he have one of those left?

I think it's an incredible feat to sail that slow! Amazing. Certainly he's gotta be setting another record with speed like that!

Guess he's not eager for beaver...

I can't imagine going that slow knowing the throngs of awaiting and adoring fans.

1 knot??? unfukingbelievable.....

Keep on rocking the free world Reid. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like you're on American Idol. You rock and keep on rocking. Ease her on home and rejoice in the celebration. Keep on living life to the fullest. B)

guy clark reference, nice

Charles Doane has another article about Reid -- the early days. Very good article and worth the read -- Comprehending Reid Stowe: Early Voyages & The Moitessier Factor

Doane caught Reid in a lie* (just one of many in that fairytale) and his response is classic psychopathy. Hemming and Hawing when confronted with the facts rather than just fess up.

It intrigues me that when Hovians catch a glimmer of the light and red flags are snapping in hurricane force winds of truth, they allay their misgivings with the excuse that many people are liars and assign benign reasons to text book pathologic behavior.

Charlie, it matters to me whether a friend claiming to have been at Woodstock and going into great detail about his experience was actually there. It should matter to you as well, as manipulative liars are very dangerous people who will betray their 'friends' without remorse since they have no moral code or sense of right or wrong.

Reid talks about archetypes and he stages the important moments of his life, copycatting 'real people' since he does not have any authentic feelings of his own. His "mission accomplished" photo is a perfect example of coopting a universal event for his own. (That he chose such a failure to imitate just adds to the humor of the entire vaudvillian experience of Captain Reid).

Being hooked up in nautical publishing, you are very valuable to Reid as you can 'spread the word' about the GREAT EXPLORER and further his fame and thus help him grift. You are nothing but a tool in his exploitive pathological toolbox. He has no real feelings for anyone but himself. ( I want to write about Cluster B disorders and Stowe when I have more time).

Reid's charisma in person appears to be quite effective. Maybe its the Carolina Drawl and ambiguous sexuality that hooks some followers so hard they cannot shake the lure even when the line is so clumsily played. I've actually caught fish that swam straight to the boat, it always baffles me; maybe they were Hovian fishes?

Notice, there is no explanation of where a 20 year old surf bum came up with the funds for Tanta, nor for the $ hungry Schooner Anne.

I am especially thrilled to read about Peter and Zaza as it just so happens I have heard an entirely different version of this story from "Peter" (not his common name) and was wondering if our shaman was the fellow smuggler alluded to.

I will do a little fact checking on that mythology.

I've got to say the fish ringing the ship's bell is great writing. If Reid could consistently come up with stuff like that, he'd have a best seller.

Soanya's pinning all her hopes and dreams on her baby's daddy, check the homesite for her update.

Reid is way ahead of schedule and will not find a quiet spot to drift and halt progress in that portion of the Sacred Ocean..Soanya won't have to wait 2 more months for the drifter to blow into town; I'd guess six weeks is stretching it to the max and one month more likely to touchdown.

*he has never met Moitissier

It's probably the best article about Reid I've read. Praises him, but also seems to portray him as a Moitessier wanna-be. Doane read Reid's manuscript from the early days and tells of pirates, love triangles and teaching yoga at Club Med. Here's an excerpt -

Reid also describes how he and Ivo relentlessly practiced yoga and made mountains of art while sailing together. In a superficial way parts of his text seem to mimic that of Moitessier's
The Long Way
, though I don't know if Reid ever had a chance to read the book, which appeared in English in 1973, prior to writing his
Tantra
manuscript. Unlike Moitessier, however, he takes the "ocean passage as spiritual adventure" angle to a much higher, more technical level. Large portions of his manuscript are devoted to very detailed descriptions of his yoga and meditation practice, with precise instructions, for example, on how to keep from getting horny or feeling cold while sailing on the open ocean.

Fascinating! I can't help but note the date Mr. Doane chose to post this. 4-20.... How appropriate! I'll splif with Charlie anytime.

Seriously, this was a very well written article and really does shed a different light on Reid. I find myself with a new found respect for SirDriftAlot. That been said, he is still a hazard to navigation which should cause great concern. Moitessier lost how many boats? While revered by many, Moitessier was not the poster child for proper seamanship.

Weids's prescriptions for "how to keep from getting horny" failed him spectacularly during the 1000 day drift. Pretty funny.

Anyway, Doane looks well positioned to write the book chronicling the 1000 Days. His enthusiasm and support for Stowe continue.

I was hoping Charlie would continue the tale beyond the moment when the two Stowe boys sat on the hill tripping and deciding to construct the Tantra Schooner. In addition to being able to charm volunteer labor to realize his projects, how did they magically amass the funds needed for construction? Atsa a big boat and steel, resin, fittings, etc. never come cheap.

Looking forward to the next installment.

You all don't really believe that WEid got caught running marijuana just that one time, do you? I'd be willing to bet that there were many, many drug runs on the Tantra and the Anne before he finally got caught. In the 70s, millions of dollars were being made by those willing to run the risk of bringing drugs in by boat. All cash, free and clear, no taxes. I know because I have a friend who did it (and got caught).

We know that early on in the trip he made a statement to say that Moitessier was one of his heroes and that he (moitessier) was the first person tosail around the world singlehanded, non-stop, which we all know is not true ... don't we????

Doane caught Reid in a lie* (just one of many in that fairytale) and his response is classic psychopathy. Hemming and Hawing when confronted with the facts rather than just fess up.

It intrigues me that when Hovians catch a glimmer of the light and red flags are snapping in hurricane force winds of truth, they allay their misgivings with the excuse that many people are liars and assign benign reasons to text book pathologic behavior.

Charlie, it matters to me whether a friend claiming to have been at Woodstock and going into great detail about his experience was actually there. It should matter to you as well, as manipulative liars are very dangerous people who will betray their 'friends' without remorse since they have no moral code or sense of right or wrong.

Reid talks about archetypes and he stages the important moments of his life, copycatting 'real people' since he does not have any authentic feelings of his own. His "mission accomplished" photo is a perfect example of coopting a universal event for his own. (That he chose such a failure to imitate just adds to the humor of the entire vaudvillian experience of Captain Reid).

Being hooked up in nautical publishing, you are very valuable to Reid as you can 'spread the word' about the GREAT EXPLORER and further his fame and thus help him grift. You are nothing but a tool in his exploitive pathological toolbox. He has no real feelings for anyone but himself. ( I want to write about Cluster B disorders and Stowe when I have more time).

Reid's charisma in person appears to be quite effective. Maybe its the Carolina Drawl and ambiguous sexuality that hooks some followers so hard they cannot shake the lure even when the line is so clumsily played. I've actually caught fish that swam straight to the boat, it always baffles me; maybe they were Hovian fishes?

Notice, there is no explanation of where a 20 year old surf bum came up with the funds for Tanta, nor for the $ hungry Schooner Anne.

I am especially thrilled to read about Peter and Zaza as it just so happens I have heard an entirely different version of this story from "Peter" (not his common name) and was wondering if our shaman was the fellow smuggler alluded to.

I will do a little fact checking on that mythology.

I've got to say the fish ringing the ship's bell is great writing. If Reid could consistently come up with stuff like that, he'd have a best seller.

Soanya's pinning all her hopes and dreams on her baby's daddy, check the homesite for her update.

Reid is way ahead of schedule and will not find a quiet spot to drift and halt progress in that portion of the Sacred Ocean..Soanya won't have to wait 2 more months for the drifter to blow into town; I'd guess six weeks is stretching it to the max and one month more likely to touchdown.

*he has never met Moitissier

Day 1095 Three Years at Sea Thursday, 22 April 2010 APR 21 DAY 1095 THREE YEARS AT SEA!! I GOT A SURPRISE VISIT FROM A GIANT LUXURY SAILING MEGA YACHT. SEVEN, FROM LONDON. THEY ROLLED UP SAIL AND CAME CLOSE. I SHOUTED, 3 YEARS NON STOP AT SEA. THEY CHEERED, UNROLED SAIL & SAILED.

Day 1095 Three Years at Sea Thursday, 22 April 2010 APR 21 DAY 1095 THREE YEARS AT SEA!! I GOT A SURPRISE VISIT FROM A GIANT LUXURY SAILING MEGA YACHT. SEVEN, FROM LONDON. THEY ROLLED UP SAIL AND CAME CLOSE. I SHOUTED, 3 YEARS NON STOP AT SEA. THEY CHEERED, UNROLED SAIL & SAILED.

......they probably thought they were pulling alongside for a rescue,,but then saw the madman.He must have had the gal gagged and bound below deck :huh:

What the hell would you do?

Cruising towards paradise and some jackass on a junk barge is climbing onto a crumpled bow and screaming nonsensical mumblings about time served. Not to mention the magical cape that Nutter Butter must have been wearing as his yams were flapping in the trades. I just hope and pray Reid side slips himself into a pair of sacred pants before he crashes into the first media boat coming out to "celebrate" his record. Whatever it is.

What a rudderless carnival....

If I owned that thing and came upon reed, I would beat feet as soon as I saw the freak was technically OK. You can see the plot from dead calm going through reed's head.

C'mon guys! I think Ms. Seven's response was fairly typical and our Hero was psyched to see someone on the exact date of Reids 3 year anniversary. Three years of anything is a long time - give credit where credit is due. Oh wait, WTF? Brain kicking back in. Is it just by chance that Charles Doane wrote a piece on Reid on 4-20 and NOW, TWO DAYS LATER on the THIRD ANNIVERSARY of Reids Non-Stop voyage, passage, driftage, whatever, we have a chance encounter with what as described sounds like a legitimate vessel? This also happens to be Earth Day? MC might be better than I thought.

I might add, that we too would have cheered and probably tossed him a few cold beers. I would have never reported it here, because some of you would consider that an assist. I would call it etiquette. Just as the Cap'n of Ms. Seven decided to have a closer look because SirDriftAlot looked a bit abandoned for sure and they wanted to claim her, wrong, they were acting seamanly and checking on their fellow seaman. Which is my only real issue with Reid. He's a hazard to navigation and seems to not really care about the art of proper seamanship. This is one of the rare offshore sightings of Reid. I suggest SA get an OTWA report on the seaworthiness of Anne from the crew of Ms. Seven. Was he wearing the shower curtain?

One more thought - do you wonder if Reid might have coveted the Ms. Seven? Like, "One day, after I get back and write a book, and sell all of this feces art, I'll buy one of those and hire a crew and sail like a normal guy."

Just a thought...

One more thought - do you wonder if Reid might have coveted the Ms. Seven? Like, "One day, after I get back and write a book, and sell all of this feces art, I'll buy one of those and hire a crew and sail like a normal guy."

Just a thought...

Its been so long he probably wondered what those big cloth looking billowy things on the masts were.