Couple Cruise for 1000 Days

We can't even taunt CScow with the glory of the Wings anymore.

True, but the Wings will be back sooner rather than later....

True. Playing the Rockford IceHogs...

Btw, I still have some beer for you courtesy of Cscow....I can't guarantee it will survive indefinitely.

Such a gentleman, Barley. You've clearly been hanging around too many pansy Redwings lately. Let me show you how it's done...

Yo, Beeotch! Get off yer ass and SKATE like a BlackHawk to Barley's by tomorrow noon, while you still have foggy memories of past playoffs some remote shot at this year's playoffs his remaining Redwings Belgian Tripel. Wofsey can provide the numerical half-life of a hand crafted Belgian but, in laymans' terms, it's typically about the time it will take Barley to find his bottle opener.

Every time I think this thread can't warp into another bizarre twist, I am proved wrong. It has become the cockroach of SA, and given time may become the cockroach of the entire Internet.

True. Question is, will Weed have gone at least six more miles before then...or is that just crazy talk? At this rate, I'm predicting Anne will reach harbor in June....and dock sometime in late September.

Ahh, the nose comes off the grindstone...:P

I haven't bottled the rest of the RW Tripel yet, primarly because the temptation would be too strong. That is one very drinkable beer. But I will have to do it pretty soon.

And don't count your Cups before you win them. The Sharks are playing some pretty good hockey, and winning the Cup is infinitely harder than beating the crap out of a 62 year old cab driver.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regatta Dog

• JPlanet

• awolf209

• billy backstay

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't heard of this type of cruise before, if it is in real then i would like to go for it. It will be very adventurous and even i want to know that how this experience will be, I have some friend

Translation ... "Sorry dude, no names and/or locations because I made it all up."   Reality ... Reid "supporters" rise up in direct opposition of "rabidity" of Reid bashers.   For instance, look a

Why is it that you demand that other people prove their assertions to your satisfaction while you spout oft bizarre theories that utterly defy reason and expect to be taken seriously?.   Stowe isn't

Posted Images

And don't count your Cups before you win them. The Sharks are playing some pretty good hockey, and winning the Cup is infinitely harder than beating the crap out of a 62 year old cab driver.

And the Nucks-Hawks series isn't even over yet.

I think the the Sharks can take Chicago (sorry CS) but they would have some problems with Vancouver. That Vancouver method of puck cycling could be kyrptonite for San Jose, they're built for attacks and crashing, not so well built for a game of keep-away.

And the Nucks-Hawks series isn't even over yet.

I think the the Sharks can take Chicago (sorry CS) but they would have some problems with Vancouver. That Vancouver method of puck cycling could be kyrptonite for San Jose, they're built for attacks and crashing, not so well built for a game of keep-away.

With all things Chicago, it ain't ever over till it's over...or a judge dismisses the case.

The Hawks are up 2-0 at the moment.

Half the team could be under Fed indictment by morning...and/or elected Senators, Governors, etc.

Ya just never know...

[EDIT: Must type faster. 3-0 score and two new runways at O'Hare airport, but no indictments (yet)]

MAY 10 DAY 1114 ANOTHER GLASSY CALM HOT DAY. A LAZY GIANT SPERM WHALE ALMOST AS BIG AS THE SCHOONER SPENT THE DAY CIRCUMNAVIGATING SLOWLY AROUND US BELLY UP WITH NO PERCEIVABLE MOVEMENTS EXCEPT TO ROLL OVER & SPOUT.AMAZING!

This is about as boring as hockey. He's going so slow whales can circumnavigate his boat? Did he ever hear of Bill Butler. He spent 66 days adrift after whales attacked his boat and it sank. YCMTSU

MAY 10 DAY 1114 ANOTHER GLASSY CALM HOT DAY. A LAZY GIANT SPERM WHALE ALMOST AS BIG AS THE SCHOONER SPENT THE DAY CIRCUMNAVIGATING SLOWLY AROUND US BELLY UP WITH NO PERCEIVABLE MOVEMENTS EXCEPT TO ROLL OVER & SPOUT.AMAZING!

This is about as boring as Redwings hockey. He's going so slow whales or Redwings can circumnavigate his boat? Did he ever hear of Bill Butler. He spent 66 days adrift after whales attacked his boat and it sank the Redwings. YCMTSU

This link fails to indicate Bill Butler was sailing a HANDMADE boat, which of course was problem #1. Owners of non-handmade sailboats should expect problems.

Secondly, was the boat made of Sailorman Approved chicken wire, bondo, and "procured" Steinway materials...or less traditional, generally shoddy crap like steel, wood, glass, etc?

Third, with due regard for any sea mishap, 66 days adrift hardly constitutes a MOO record now does it?

Fourth, no mention of Buddah, Hay-Zeus, sea pigeons, herons, or worms. Need I say more?

Last but not least, no mention of a Paypal account, nor fund raisers. That's lost revenue opportunity, i.e. 66 days of $10 Free vodka sales...plus lost 66DaysOfBillButlerAtSea Thong revenue down the drain.

Interesting reference, RV....but hardly up to 1000 Days standards.

This is about as boring as Redwings hockey. He's going so slow whales or Redwings can circumnavigate his boat? Did he ever hear of Bill Butler. He spent 66 days adrift after whales attacked his boat and it sank the Redwings. YCMTSU

This link fails to indicate Bill Butler was sailing a HANDMADE boat, which of course was problem #1. Owners of non-handmade sailboats should expect problems.

Secondly, was the boat made of Sailorman Approved™ chicken wire, bondo, and "procured" Steinway materials...or less traditional, generally shoddy crap like steel, wood, glass, etc?

Third, with due regard for any sea mishap, 66 days adrift hardly constitutes a MOO record now does it?

Fourth, no mention of Buddah, Hay-Zeus, sea pigeons, herons, or worms. Need I say more?

Last but not least, no mention of a Paypal account, nor fund raisers. That's lost revenue opportunity, i.e. 66 days of $10 Free vodka sales...plus lost 66DaysOfBillButlerAtSea Thong revenue down the drain.

Yeah, well I bet pippers knows to run when you see whales. (Pip wanna do the liveaboard thing with Stowe? We can teach him a thing or two and then make him hold the camera while we make our own Void Ho diddy ho movie.) More proof our poster boy for the Sea Scouts didn't get his merit badge. I'll donate Chapmans and a few other books. he'll probably burn em during the next cold snap.

Secondly, was the boat made of Sailorman Approved™ chicken wire, bondo, and "procured" Steinway materials...or less traditional, generally shoddy crap like steel, wood, glass, etc?

Oh fuck. The siding wars revisited. 2 pages of Hockey, Belgian beer, vinyl and Stuckey's (8 pages if woofsey shows up).

Hey Scow - John sends his regards.

Hi Mike - hugs to the wife and kids.

Yeah, well I bet pippers knows to run when you see whales. (Pip wanna do the liveaboard thing with Stowe? We can teach him a thing or two and then make him hold the camera while we make our own Void Ho diddy ho movie.) More proof our poster boy for the Sea Scouts didn't get his merit badge. I'll donate Chapmans and a few other books. he'll probably burn em during the next cold snap.

I doubt Stowe has ever opened Chapman's in his life. Just not spiritual enough.

screenshot20100513at753.png

Schooner Anne:

28.8652 degrees North, 66.56612 degrees West

2010-05-12 12:28:00

a little wind forcast for tonight and then another dead zone for days....

PERFECT!

Not much of a threat of dismasting then.

Who needs wind. A ninty mile run yesterday, or so they say.

912 google miles to the narrows.

Libery Eagle appears to have passed close enough to be run into within the last 24 hours.

Discrepancy between their reports of ships around Anne and other reports of ship locations. raises issues of whether their reports are just dated, they are incompetent, or Anne is not really where they say she is. I remember some comment that either Jessica or Abby (or both) had offsets in their reported positions to keep the curious away. And remember that attempt to find the boat early in the "drift?"

post-7786-127375968192_thumb.jpg

I said it before (and so did a bunch of you) He has been sitting on an island in the paciffic making up reports for the last 3 years. All part of the charade.

Are any of you planning to come to NYC on JUNE 17th to drink champagne at LANDFALL or JUNE 20th to toss down a beer at the PARTY? If you don’t come - watch it live over internet streaming video while you drink the local stuff. Make sure you wear your official SA outfits so we know who you are.

I just got caught up a bit on the 1000 days at Sea site. The info was getting too diluted here to fuigure out what he's really doing. Sounds like he's loving every minute of it. The video is probably the best one yet that I've seen. I'd sure like to see some video of him right now! Total shame we can't get pictures anymore. Guess we'll have to wait until the slide hsow after he returns on June 17th. Should be a killer party. B)

Are any of you planning to come to NYC on JUNE 17th to drink champagne at LANDFALL or JUNE 20th to toss down a beer at the PARTY? If you don't come - watch it live over internet streaming video while you drink the local stuff. Make sure you wear your official SA outfits so we know who you are.

lynch.jpg

Are any of you planning to come to NYC on JUNE 17th to drink champagne at LANDFALL or JUNE 20th to toss down a beer at the PARTY? If you don't come - watch it live over internet streaming video while you drink the local stuff. Make sure you wear your official SA outfits so we know who you are.

I'll be there wearing the T-Shirts I'll be selling at the dock -- all proceeds going to the "Darshen's Back Child Support Relief Fund". On the back of the shirt is the GPS path of the voyage tastefully superimposed over a shipping container in a vacant lot in Keene, NH surrounded by rotting pumpkins, in which a couple of stoners have spent the 3 weeks smoking the last of their "Reid Weed" they got from an uncle in Maine, and comparing their experience to a trip to Mars and wondering how far Domino's will deliver.

The front of the shirt says "My Daddy spent over 1000 days at sea and all I got was this lousy tee shirt."

Great thing about NY Harbor is that even though they have an event permit they can't control traffic. I'll hoist the SA flag Scooter sent me for the Newport Bucket at the last minute and toss out laminated press kits with Mount Gay floater key chains.

I've got back up for the dock, but if you are in the NYC area please PM me. If you can bring a Boston Terrier along, all the better.

Peace

homesite splattered with announcements of landfall, press and media. selling tickets...bwahhhh ha ha!

media contact..surprise surprise not: blunderfeld pr team

funny, there's not one mention of the first meeting of a father and son. guess its no nevermind with all the other important events planned for that historic day.

This should be fun to watch!

post-34100-127384832622_thumb.jpg

Lots of material in the plan! Looks like someone is at least trying. They are selling tickets, but there is no mention of what the flotilla is supposed to do other than disBurse? Someone should have thought about a raft up ho down or something.

homesite splattered with announcements of landfall, press and media. selling tickets...bwahhhh ha ha!

media contact..surprise surprise not: blunderfeld pr team

funny, there's not one mention of the first meeting of a father and son. guess its no nevermind with all the other important events planned for that historic day.

From the 1000 days site --

"1000Days RETURN PARTY
- June 20th 6-9PM - Pier66 Maritime
- Fundraiser

Fundraiser? What the fuck for? The "expedition" is over. I guess they have to pay their new PR firm, and it's going to take a shit load of polish to put a sheen on that turd.

New video -- WARNING! Contains nudity --

The Flotilla plan has been posted!!!

flotilla plan.pdf

Let's see, my choices that week are:

1. Help my son and family move into new home.

2. Race my boat in a Regatta

3. Work to feed self family and habits.

4. Pull a Reid and ditch the above to watch hovians.

Such a delima, how can I decide?

Maybe it will be web streamed!! are there web cams of New York Harbor?

The PR machine is gearing up.

Customs and Immigration clearance should be a treat if they ask for the ship's papers and check him out Registered in Anguilla?

I'll visit NYC for this simply to see the freak show. Clean must be able to get a boat for OTWA coverage.

The PR machine is gearing up.

Customs and Immigration clearance should be a treat if they ask for the ship's papers and check him out Registered in Anguilla?

I'll visit NYC for this simply to see the freak show. Clean must be able to get a boat for OTWA coverage.

We're working on it Redboat, and we're breasting our cards. This could be a ton of fun. I'm no stranger to a USCG event permit, having filed for many for race series and regattas over the years. 1000 days website is asking for 3-4 safety boats, which means that is what they committed to on their request for an event permit. If they don't come up with the safety boats, the CG can turn the flotilla into safety inspections.

SA boats are one totally committed, two probables, and a J24 from Jersey that will decide based on the weather.

All are aware of the possibility that if he doesn't clear customs for so many potential reasons, it will be a wasted day off that they could have spent either providing for their children by working or spending quality time with them.

Stay tuned. Clean - thanks for the PM. Brilliant idea, just not sure how to pull it off without violating certain rules of the road. Call me.

Be smart about what ever action you guys are planning - please don't be too disruptive. If you are going to join the Flotilla - register. We will have fireboats with water cannons and Coast Guard. Be aware, no champagne for the flotilla boats and no raft at the arrival event.

Be smart about what ever action you guys are planning - please don't be too disruptive. If you are going to join the Flotilla - register. We will have fireboats with water cannons and Coast Guard. Be aware, no champagne for the flotilla boats and no raft at the arrival event.

... and if a privately-owned antique fireboat starts using water cannons for anything other than a pretty display or fire suppression, things will go very bad very quickly for anyone involved.

Jackass.

wow, i guess that's how i've avoided fear most times; i don't even feel the malice; i'm too stupid or naive to recognize it. i missed the entire threat behind rw's statement, assuming he is just desperate for anyone to participate in this non-event. he's been so nasty to us from day one with jessie the blogger setting the tone for the entire voyage.

worship or begone!

why they insist on trying to package Reid as a conformist is beyond me; they should celebrate his eccentricity and yes; be up front about his emotional deficiencies re: abandoning 2 children and going through wives like a hot knife through butter. (gross! but i'm metaphorless, too busy to be bothered and among friends).

now, rw needs us to HELP the effort!

right old chappie?

we are the ONLY people following this stupid thing!

you wouldn't mind some legitimate sailors* piling on the accolades, would ya?

well, i can't help you; i've got other plans on your EXPLORER's big day.

one tip i can give you is to tell your zero to put up a post telling the world he can't wait to FINALLY MEET HIS SON!

that is what a normal guy in his situation would do. so prod him if you want him to seem human not self obsessed to the point of psychopathy.

the previous link to the harvey's site says the boat is carrying public passengers for free..hop on it anarchists and YOU can control the hoses and not waste a penny on this historic spectacle.

we've given them enough free press, let them pay us back for our labours.

here's the boat in more detail:

*rules me out

Razerwire, reggatawolf, Racing Wag, 1000 Days Electrical, Sparky da Whore and probably countless others:

When will you be a proud enough Hovian to put the socks away and simply speak for yourself? It's not like we don't all know who you are........

It shall always be a mystery to me that "Mission Control" et al remained anonymous.

Razerwire, reggatawolf, Racing Wag, 1000 Days Electrical, Sparky da Whore and probably countless others:

When will you be a proud enough Hovian to put the socks away and simply speak for yourself? It's not like we don't all know who you are........

It shall always be a mystery to me that "Mission Control" et al remained anonymous.

No surprise, JP. The Emperor has no clothes.

What kind of parents name their kids JPlanet or billybackstay?

What kind of man names himself after a cartoon character who is portrayed as a bully with an IQ of 58?

What kind of man names himself after a cartoon character who is portrayed as a bully with an IQ of 58?

I ain't criticizing someone else for their anonymity.

Besides Bluto is the epitome of sailing anarchy.

I also find it quite odd that you are questioning my choice of name and pretending to know this cartoon characters IQ.You have 1953 posts on this site 1688 of which have been spent bullying Reid Stowe over the course of three years I would suggest you consider your own IQ.Bluto is just a name your the real thing.

What? You pull Paul Watson's head out of a Minky whale's ass for this? "We will have fire boats with water cannons and Coast Guard" -- Anyone else realize how "reid"iculous that statement is? Think about it --- private boat with water cannons and CG as back up? Seriously - I'm having a tough time typing I'm laughing so hard.

This is such a momentous event, they're begging on their website for people to step up with 3 support boats and a press boat, and buy fund-raising tickets to fund something that has already happened.

If the press gave a shit, they'd rent Ellis Island for the day and put cameras on Lady Liberty's crown.

Anyone fires water canons on the boat I'm on - one of probably 3 flying the SA flag - I'm going to be very pissed off. I drink Scotch on the rocks. If I want a splash, I'll get it from the bar tender.

What? You pull Paul Watson's head out of a Minky whale's ass for this? "We will have fire boats with water cannons and Coast Guard" -- Anyone else realize how "reid"iculous that statement is? Think about it --- private boat with water cannons and CG as back up? Seriously - I'm having a tough time typing I'm laughing so hard.

This is such a momentous event, they're begging on their website for people to step up with 3 support boats and a press boat, and buy fund-raising tickets to fund something that has already happened.

If the press gave a shit, they'd rent Ellis Island for the day and put cameras on Lady Liberty's crown.

Anyone fires water canons on the boat I'm on - one of probably 3 flying the SA flag - I'm going to be very pissed off. I drink Scotch on the rocks. If I want a splash, I'll get it from the bar tender.

I don't care who you are. That is seriously funny shit right there.

Nah, Bluto is just his nickname, he's my cousin. His mamma named him Blutonomous.

He saved my skin many times, and I love him for it. Like that one Sunday afternoon back in South Central, when I ran into Popeye and his gang ...

Friday, 14 May 2010 MAY 14 DAY 1118 THE FIRST SCHOOL OF TUNA IN A FEW WEEKS PASSED BY & I DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO STOCK UP ON FISH FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. IN QUICK SUCCESSION I LANDED 3 TUNA. VERY LIGHT CONTRARY WINDS SUIT OUR SLOW PACE. VOID HO!

Darshie, Daddy's bringing sushi - yes he is! Whaaa!sabi for everyone! Oh wait - do we have a wasabi sponsor?

We will have fireboats with water cannons and Coast Guard.

Sparky's fireboat has its own Coast Guard???? Cool!

I'll see your water cannons & private CG and raise you a few Spud Guns (whole, fries, or Weed Ho's specialty garlic-brine mashed...your call). That plus my WW-II Vet neighbor's kickassed garden tractor, appropriately retrofitted with pontoons, deck, bunk beds (this flotilla is a multi-day event, correct?), Weber, Scotch, 40KW stereo system, functional winch, and Mrs. Regatta's famous Lemon Chicken (while supply lasts, subject to prior Mrs. Regatta approval).

As an added bonus, we'll include a bigassed TV on deck so those interested in sailing can follow Jessica Watson's homecoming events.

Tickets are free but you must REGISTER ($10) so Good News can properly inflate Flotilla head count reports.

Darshie, Daddy's bringing sushi - yes he is!

That's funny. Imagine the look on Darshen's face when, expecting a colorful T-shirt from papa's extended vacation, he unwraps his very first week(s) old, Steinway & salt cured tuna. Should be quite the show-stopper at Kindercare Show & Tell the following Monday...

Flying a few Sailing Anarchy flags in the Flotilla is OK. We wouldn't want you to fade away just because Reid actually did sail for over 1000 days. Keep up the balanced and objective counter-arguments.

"Flying a few Sailing Anarchy flags in the Flotilla is OK?" You are not the boss of me or any of the other SA folks who will be there, you arrogant little person. You are suggesting that if we register for the event, drop into line, blast our air horns and parade like Hovian lemmings we won't get blasted with water cannons or strafed by the USCG for ......uh........hmmmm.......flying our club burgee?

News for you RW, and I know this from years of applying for and receiving CG event permits -- they will not shut down the harbor and the USCG could give a rat's ass about 3-4 boats flying SA flags buzzing about in a safe manner. Remember - even with a permit, rules of the road still apply, and if you don't provide the support boats you promised in your application, they can revoke your permit and/or charge for the cost of filling in for your promised support vessels. I'm half tempted to call my event permit contact to get the inside scoop on what you paranoid whack jobs are blabbering about down in NY.

All our folks will be completely legal and surpass any CG inspection, all drivers will be completely sober, and none of the bull horn chants or banners will contain vulgarity.

Your head is so far up Reid's ass you are fucking delusional about the whole concept that the rest of the world doesn't give a shit and that without SA, 95% of sailors wouldn't even know about this drifting joke. How's that welcome home Reid thread you started going?

Delusional idiot.

Flying a few Sailing Anarchy flags in the Flotilla is OK. We wouldn't want you to fade away just because Reid actually did sail for over 1000 days. Keep up the balanced and objective counter-arguments.

"Flying a few Sailing Anarchy flags in the Flotilla is OK?" You are not the boss of me or any of the other SA folks who will be there, you arrogant little person. You are suggesting that if we register for the event, drop into line, blast our air horns and parade like Hovian lemmings we won't get blasted with water cannons or strafed by the USCG for ......uh........hmmmm.......flying our club burgee?

News for you RW, and I know this from years of applying for and receiving CG event permits -- they will not shut down the harbor and the USCG could give a rat's ass about 3-4 boats flying SA flags buzzing about in a safe manner. Remember - even with a permit, rules of the road still apply, and if you don't provide the support boats you promised in your application, they can revoke your permit and/or charge for the cost of filling in for your promised support vessels. I'm half tempted to call my event permit contact to get the inside scoop on what you paranoid whack jobs are blabbering about down in NY.

All our folks will be completely legal and surpass any CG inspection, all drivers will be completely sober, and none of the bull horn chants or banners will contain vulgarity.

Your head is so far up Reid's ass you are fucking delusional about the whole concept that the rest of the world doesn't give a shit and that without SA, 95% of sailors wouldn't even know about this drifting joke. How's that welcome home Reid thread you started going?

Delusional idiot.

There's something to be said about consistency and you certainly are that if nothing else. But - so much anger and defensiveness is not good for a person. You know this little sojourn is going to end soon and you'll have to find another purpose - some new raison d'etre. Best to start easing into whatever it's going to be now so the shock of having nothing to do or say anymore won't be so great. Most important - get some help with your anger. You have the potential for internal happiness - happiness that does not depend on ridiculing others.

It's always good to hear again such a mild mannered & measured reply from the wetmutt, decrying arrogance from such a pinnacle of calm and reasonable barking. After all, anarchists here have never even thought of making anyone under the sun fall into line, how dare the wireman even suggest an out there visual SA presence, whose boats would be asked to stay in line in a flotilla to greet their wandering world hero Stowe? No, the SA boats (if any do show) will be recognized by drunken screams of starboard, forcing other flotilla sailors off their layline, and likely an over-canvased broach or two if there's any decent wind with the sizable wakes of commercial shipping. Wetmutt really should put a reef in it, along with all his sock puppets.

Personally, I think the Stowe flotilla should come armed, every man for himself, gangplanks and grappling hooks at the ready for boarding and ensuing battle.

Delusional idiot.

I am sure this SA crew will be the stars of the flotilla.laugh.gif

Narrenschiff_%281549%29.jpg

For those of you who are not familiar with this piece of art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_fools

There's something to be said about consistency and you certainly are that if nothing else.  But - so much anger and defensiveness is not good for a person.  You know this little sojourn is going to end soon and you'll have to find another purpose - some new raison d'etre.  Best to start easing into whatever it's going to be now so the shock of having nothing to do or say anymore won't be so great.  Most important - get some help with your anger.  You have the potential for internal happiness - happiness that does not depend on ridiculing others.

Oh my!  A reasonable, thoughtful, rational post on the 1000 days train wreck, marathon, circle jerk, thread.  Mr. McKay is right, you folks are going to have some serious withdrawal problems after Reid gets back.  I wouldn't be too worried about the SA welcome committee being terribly obtrusive.  There can't be but half a dozen contributors to this thread that actually sail and the odds of them living anywhere near NYC are pretty slim.  I wouldn't be surprised to see an SA flag flying of the ass end of some stink boat.  That would be delicious irony indeed.  

Oh yeah, hi Mike, greets to the wife too.

i haven't checked this thread since april 2nd ......and my boobs are right there again...ridiculous Reidiculous!

it never ends.

Fixed it for ya -

And it ain't over till it's over - Got any new boob pics that we can use?

One way or another, this sucker is going over 1 million page views, and with your help boobies Elle, we can make our goal - Kind of like SA's version of public radio pledge week!

where is the idiot anyway? i skipped the last 4 pages....

His Mission Control (Rand Weeks) is planning a fabulous welcome home flotilla, kind of like a ticker tape parade, but on the Hudson, instead of Times Square. Some SA'ers are planning on crashing their party.

That's about all the important news in the past year.... Other than drifting and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

TFR!! YCMTSU!!

From the Sun -

"In late 2008 he spent almost a year in the Pacific Ocean sailing his boat around in the shape of a
WHALE
, which can be made out on his GPS satellite tracker map.

Soanya said: "Reid feels this was the largest
intentional
work of art ever made."

From Reid's web log, day 530 -

"Yesterday I got emails from friends pointing out that I was about to complete a giant course drawing of a whale. They described it in a supremely poetic way, "Art influenced by the universal powers that drive my soul" . They say that on Goggle Earth it shows a whale diving. I looked at my chart and sure enough it could be a whale!"

In press releases, I recall they said he drew the whale by "chance".

Even though Reid himself was surprised that he had created the largest intentional work of art ever made, of the three explanations, I'm going with the universal powers that drive his soul.

It's always good to hear again such a mild mannered & measured reply from the wetmutt, decrying arrogance from such a pinnacle of calm and reasonable barking. After all, anarchists here have never even thought of making anyone under the sun fall into line, how dare the wireman even suggest an out there visual SA presence, whose boats would be asked to stay in line in a flotilla to greet their wandering world hero Stowe? No, the SA boats (if any do show) will be recognized by drunken screams of starboard, forcing other flotilla sailors off their layline, and likely an over-canvased broach or two if there's any decent wind with the sizable wakes of commercial shipping. Wetmutt really should put a reef in it, along with all his sock puppets.

Personally, I think the Stowe flotilla should come armed, every man for himself, gangplanks and grappling hooks at the ready for boarding and ensuing battle.

But - earlier, you said, "All our folks will be completely legal and surpass any CG inspection, all drivers will be completely sober, and none of the bull horn chants or banners will contain vulgarity."

Your anger is causing you to be irrational.

Be careful - especially when you contemplate drunken boating and broaching in "sizable wakes" in such a busy harbor. No large sharks have been seen in the harbor in years. But the bacteria have become ferocious on the cocktail of discarded illegal drugs and fecal matter in which they live and procreate. It is not a place to be drunk while broaching and attempting to board another vessel.

I recognize, of course, you are an anarchist. c'est la vie.

I urge you to calm down.

But - earlier, you said, "All our folks will be completely legal and surpass any CG inspection, all drivers will be completely sober, and none of the bull horn chants or banners will contain vulgarity."

Your anger is causing you to be irrational.

Be careful - especially when you contemplate drunken boating and broaching in "sizable wakes" in such a busy harbor. No large sharks have been seen in the harbor in years. But the bacteria have become ferocious on the cocktail of discarded illegal drugs and fecal matter in which they live and procreate. It is not a place to be drunk while broaching and attempting to board another vessel.

I recognize, of course, you are an anarchist. c'est la vie.

I urge you to calm down.

You've got me and Regatta Wolf confused.

I'm rational and quite calm. Thanks for your concern.

Glad to see you guys haven't changed in the last 3 years.

Likewise, Sparky. Without you & your 20 closest login names attempting your silly SA blitz routine before each MAJOR Weed press release, this cluster would lose half its azure patina, seriously degrading its monetary value on next Weeks Antiques Road Show. Take away SA and you would be left with what, other than a self-composed Post-It note on Wiki?

And Donnie...I haven't recommended this to anyone in years, but consider rolling yourself one fat honker of a joint and smoking it...in lieu of crack or drinking Hoboken water. Aside from responding to your dear friend Sparky (not RD), you take yourself, Weed Ho's not-so-famous vacation, and this thread WAAAAAAAY too fucking seriously.

The more I come here the more I become sympathetic to Reid.

This is none of his doing, but it's kind of like the reaction I'd get if I saw a bunch of kids throwing rocks at a retarded kid.

Yeah, sure the retarded kid shits himself and masturbates in public, but it's almost benign when compared to the pack mentality.

If I had never come here, I would still be happily thinking that he is a laughable hippy. My life would be simpler and my sense of morality would not be warping.

Thanks SA.

This is none of his doing, but it's kind of like the reaction I'd get if I saw a bunch of kids throwing rocks at a retarded kid.

Yeah, sure the retarded kid shits himself and masturbates in public, but it's almost benign when compared to the pack mentality.

If I had never come here, I would still be happily thinking that he is a laughable hippy. My life would be simpler and my sense of morality would not be warping.

Thanks SA.

If Reid was indeed the retarded kid going about his business, we would all leave him alone, or even try to help him. But thet fact is that Reid and his sycophant Hovian "mission control" people have publicly billed this adventure as a well intended, big deal with heaps of lofty aims and goals that were as phony as the day is long. They raised money and supplies from well meaning folks who swallowed their line of bullshit hook, line and sinker. It's no wonder that MC hide their identities, because this whole thing not only stinks to high heaven, but it borders on an illegal con game. The fact that Rand Weeks, Carter Emmart and Charlie the reporter are still tagging along brings into questin their ethics and morality and even their sanity. But I guess I'm not surprised given all the fans that Glenn Beck and Limbaugh have pulled the wool over on....

Thanks SA.

+1..... Well played, the pissing contest over records et al has ended, thankfully. We have moved on to the next piece of insanity, the parade and whether RD would sink Wei®d with a torpedo just for kicks. OH WAIT, it was the hoovians who drew first blood! So what? I'm going to celibrate when the "hazard to navigation" finally drops a hook in Sandy Point. Not always a protected anchorage BTW!

Hey PIP - I was considering going back up to NYC just to see this fiasco from the wawa, but I'm tired of "humping" into so many ports. And I didn't have any sponsors. Freaking winds on the nose and those nasty offshore black flies!

Thanks SA.

If Reid was indeed the retarded kid going about his business, we would all leave him alone, or even try to help him. But thet fact is that Reid and his sycophant Hovian "mission control" people have publicly billed this adventure as a well intended, big deal with heaps of lofty aims and goals that were as phony as the day is long. They raised money and supplies from well meaning folks who swallowed their line of bullshit hook, line and sinker. It's no wonder that MC hide their identities, because this whole thing not only stinks to high heaven, but it borders on an illegal con game. The fact that Rand Weeks, Carter Emmart and Charlie the reporter are still tagging along brings into questin their ethics and morality and even their sanity. But I guess I'm not surprised given all the fans that Glenn Beck and Limbaugh have pulled the wool over on....

It seems to me Reid is going about his business,what business of it is yours,did you get taken or someone you know.Just what are your lofty aims and goals,to expose him to the public?I'm sure anyone who gave him money or supplies did so because he is probably a likable guy not because he was going to come up with some kind of significant scientific data or somehow change the world for the better.You speak of others hiding their identities,questioning their morals and ethics and even their sanity but here you sit biily backstay for three solid years bullying the retarded kid.

So the most recent update of googe earth shows 775 google miles to the narrows.

It also dropped showing other vessels in the area. Although it was never clear which bits of "traffic" they were willing to show. I wonder if they were worried that an SA member with a 14mX4m sailing yacht registered in the UK and named Circus, for example, might swing by for a look see?

Is he going "Stealth" for fear he will be confronted at sea?

So if you were headed for Bermuda, how far out of your way would you go to see the reef?